User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 6 Feb 2007, 15:14   #1
Synthetic-Rose
Phoenix of Your Heart

Synthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb Phoenix Wars

Okay, I'm new here and I noticed that most of the threads are dead, so I decided to make one and see if we can't turn this thing around.

The genre is Fantasy/Sci-fi. The premise is this:

In a dimmension much like our own exists a realm of magic and wonder. In Talone, elves, dwarves, fairies, dragons, and even humans live together in peace, and speak only one language. (Dragons have a nasty habit of only speaking when they feel one is worthy to hear them, however, and tend to be rather self-oriented.) All creatures treat women with the respect they treat men with, and they have the same rights. Humans, however, are in a transitional period where the younger men follow this example, and the older ones feel that things should remain as they always have, with men being superior.

In the midst of an existing problem, (described below,) there is a solar eclipse where both of Talone's moons are in perfect alignment with the sun. A portal from a futuristic version of our world is opened and unsuspecting characters are sucked into Talone. Caught up in the confrontation, they must choose sides, fight, and find a way home. Little do they realize that the key to winning the fight lies within two phoenixes: a true phoenix native to the land, and an artificial phoenix, made on Earth by scientists attempting to create a perfect being.

There are three main kingdoms in Talone: Nephilim, Aluran, and Menith.

Nephilim
Center stage for most of the RP, Nephilim is a land on the brink of turmoil. The king is imposing impossible taxes, his queen being cast into the shadows, and his sons at war with one another. The elder prince, and heir to the throne, is conspiring to overthrow his father's rule with the help of the ruler of Menith, a sorceress of great power. The younger prince learns of this plot by mistake and reports it to his father. The king, believing his younger son is making a ploy at a throne that is not promised to him, disowns him. The prince now lives in the village with two friends, planning with them a way to save his kingdom from distruction from the inside. The capital city is Lennah.

Menith
A kingdom known for hating Nephilim. The sorceress who controls it has more power than she lets on, and is only using the elder prince of Nephilim to get what she wants: the throne. The kingdom itself is ambitious, and the people follow their queen loyally in her ploy to rule all of Talone, one kingdom at a time. The capital city is Illium.

Aluran
A 'neutral' nation. Aluran is a safe haven between Nephilim and Menith. They know of the rivalry between the kingdoms, and do their best to stay out of it, although they will hide people from both nations who are being hunted. Aluran is a good place to go if you don't want questions asked, and the swiftest way to either of the two agitated kingdoms. The capital city is, well, Aluran City.

My Character Needs
*Note: This is an RP designed where evil CAN win if they roleplay better than the good guys. I NEED RPers on both sides of the spectrum!

Characters Native to Talone:
Younger Prince of Nephilim, late teens
His two friends, any age and either gender
Elder Prince of Nephilim, early twenties
Sorceress Queen of Menith, any age

I will play the phoenix, just because I wanna do more than just DM this.

Characters Native to Futuristic Earth:
Artificial Phoenix (human hybrid) either gender, late teens early twenties in age. (Will pm interested RPer before bio is posted, with special details; you WILL have certain DM privledges Don't post a bio until we talk please!)

My Character Wants
Whatever you want to be, you can be it. I want more natives from Talone, good and evil guys of all mythical races, and the same goes with the earth ppl. If you want to be an alien, don't be something too outlandish...a humanoid of some sort would be preferred. You can have weapons and powers with you, but nothing so powerful that you can win the war for your side instantly.

Sample Character Bio
When you decide who you want to be, post a character bio on this link. I'll use my bio as an example of what I'm looking for.

Name: Melody
Race: Phoenix
Kingdom/World: Nephilim
Physical Description: Tall, slender, but not sickly thin. Pale complexion, shoulder-length
blonde hair, and blue eyes. Rounded, kind, facial features.
Clothes: Red bodice over a white blouse, (that doesn’t cover her shoulders,) and a skirt of the
same shade of red that extends about half-way down her calves. Made of silken
material, with matching boots that cover her ankles.
Weapons: Hidden dagger
Powers: Typical phoenix powers. (This character is playing alongside you, however, she is a
key character who you will find out more about as the story progresses, and there are
special exceptions to normal rules. Info on powers will come later on.)
Character Orientation (put 'n/a' if you don't want others knowing which side you're on): Good
Personality: Sweet, kind, loves children. Can be funny, good sense of humor. Very shy though.
Underestimates herself. She is trustworthy, and gentle.
Character Goals (again, optional): To help save her kingdom, help the throne be passed to a
just ruler, find love, and live happily ever after.
Character History: (n/a for this character, you will find out when the RP begins, but I need
histories for all the other characters...sorry...)
Additional Info: (Insert any special info that may not be covered in other categories here.)

*For characters I have requested, post which character you want to be and a bio for everyone to see please. That way, everyone knows which required parts are taken. If you want to be the artificial phoenix, just post that you claim that character, and I'll pm you...'kay?

**************************************************************************************************** ****
Remember!!!

In the end, either good OR evil can win this war. Just because I am the DM and have a character in this story, doesn't mean that my side will win. My only role as DM will be to guide you along the story, give key information through random characters, and make sure you all follow the rules. All RPing rules apply to me too. There is a way for the bad guys to kill my character and have her stay dead, and you'll find out how after this RP gets legs under it and is settled in. I promise it's not super hard either. Same goes for the other phoenix.

Well, I hope this thing works out...
Unread 6 Feb 2007, 19:01   #2
Vyren

Re: Phoenix Wars

I call dibs on artificial phoenix! I'll be working on a character bio soon.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 11:24   #3
Synthetic-Rose
Phoenix of Your Heart

Synthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to behold

Excellent! I'll PM you with the details!
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 13:47   #4
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Finally.

An RP where I can play a dragon has come around again. Yay!

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 19:44   #5
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

I'm semi-interested, However, if i chose say the sorceress queen, could i be a fairy or are all the required characters set?

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 22:27   #6
Synthetic-Rose
Phoenix of Your Heart

horn & Hewitt: I'd love a couple of dragons in the RP! horn, did your post mean you also wished to RP as a dragon, or were you just making a comment? Either way, if you both are interested, please get your bios up soon.

dragonsjem: The only required character that I have set in stone besides mine is the artificial phoenix, who will be RPed by Vyren. If you want to play the sorceress and portray her as a fairy, just keep in mind that she has to be like Morgan La Fay (sp?) aka, human sized. other than that little requirement, you can do basically anything you want with her. I purposely left hers and other descriptions open...I encourage creativity, even with my required characters.

--Synthetic
Unread 10 Feb 2007, 16:04   #7
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: First for once, I am.

Name: Hewitt
Race: Dragon
Kingdom/World: Nephilim

Physical Description: A young tan dragon about twice the height and length (bodywise) of your typical steed. His main distinguishing features are his snubbed-shaped snout and elongated pointed ears that partially cover the two long horns that slightly curve down as they taper back. Deep into his golden eyes one can see both youthful exuberance and the spark of a quick mind, yet a shadow can also be seen of some dreadful experience that puts a hardness to his stare.

Clothes: Nothing… at all.
Weapons: Teeth and claw, size and tail.
Powers: Flight, fire-breathing (saps strength) and a mild aura that can induce fear in others (grows in strength depending on Hewitt’s temper – can be soothing when in a good mood).
Character Orientation (put 'n/a' if you don't want others knowing which side you're on): Chaotic Good

Personality: Somewhat mild-mannered for a dragon and a little less arrogant though said arrogance is still present. His youth and isolation means he is both naive and a little bit amoral but his quick wit and intelligence tends to offset this after a small time in a given situation. His single minded determination to achieve his goals can make him seem indifferent and heartless but deep down there is a buried compassion and good nature that few humans, let alone dragons, possess.

Character Goals (again, optional): He has made a vow to seek out his true love that was cruelly taken from him and to put an end to all whom played a part in the abduction. (see history)

Character History: Hewitt was your typical young dragon living out an isolated life in the Nephilian Highlands. In an idealic alpine setting he lived, his cave bordering the nearby lake where he would take a swim every morning, a forest nearby where he would hunt his game. All this he shared with but one companion – Dracora, his chosen mate, his one and only true love in the world. Indeed he was one of the truly happiest creatures in the realm… until that one fateful day, when it all disappeared in an instant. When the soldiers came and entered his idealic life, storming his cave while he was away on the morning hunt. Sorely beaten and torn did he return to find his faithful love, her tender body restrained under cold metal and harsh magic. In furious anger did he righteously set upon them but yet to no avail, for their skill was far greater than his might. So in short time he did lay - as they took his love away - dying on both planes physical and spiritual from the many grievous wounds to his body and his heart – his last conscious thought a twisted mess of anger, agony and desperation centred on his failure to right this terrible wrong.

All was now dark… but light soon returned.

In an unknown field did he wake - his physical pain all gone, his bodily wounds all healed. His first cries upon that field were for his love, now lost – taken for purposes unknown. Rising in emotional agony he made a vow on that quiet tranquil field, a vow both honourable and terrible. No matter what it took, no matter how long it would take he would find his one true love again and on the way he would unleash death upon those responsible for her abduction and his new suffering. His eyes filled with tears from the passion of making this vow his deepest desire, blurring his vision as he opened them. It was then that he did find that his vow had a witness -- a mysterious being whom so fled into the trees beyond as his gaze did turn upon her. He did follow but only to see this strange apparition disappear into an image of magic and mystery.

And so coming out of a brief state of confusion to entered a determined purpose fuelled by heartbreak does the adventure of Hewitt the Dragon begin, and the point at which we, the humble observers, enter this tale……..

Additional Info: It is unknown why this mysterious stranger brought Hewitt back from the brink of death in a place far from his home. Perhaps the village nearby can provide some answers……………………………….

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2007, 16:17   #8
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

I will put in my interest for one of the friends, I just do not have any specific ideas yet as to what i am going to do with them yet.

Last edited by Darkling; 10 Feb 2007 at 17:32.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 13:59   #9
Synthetic-Rose
Phoenix of Your Heart

Wonderful bio, Hewitt. Just what I'm looking for.

Darkling, thanks for the interest and for claiming a needed character. Get your bio up as soon as possible, and if you have any questions, just pm me!
Unread 13 Feb 2007, 03:19   #10
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

I will take the Sorceress Queen of Menith as a fae, however, before i spend time away from my homework creating a bio, are you going to go through with this thread if you don't get all your required characters?

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2007, 18:35   #11
[IV-CL]Zappa
grote boze rocker

[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts

name: Lobos (just, Lobos...)
Race: Unknown, looks Human though
Kingdom: Menith
Descr.: Tall, broadshouldered humanoid male, long ravenblack hair, red-brown eyes, entire body has been tatooed white, exept for the eyesocketarea, which is black. Several scars reveal that his flesh used to be brown
Clothes: Black leather.
Weapons: a spiked chain hung around the neck, fingertips have metal claws inbedded. likes guns... a lot
Powers: heals pretty darned fast, can swear better than any gangstarapper in human history
C.O.: doesn't really take sides... but since his country offers him the chance to pick a fight... he's gain
Personality: don't take sh*t from anybody, gives it to anyone
Goals: get rich, kill others, have fun watching them suffer
Character history: Lobos has a great history of trouble with authority, ANY authority. He killed his parents the moment he was able to hold a weapon, joined the militairy as soon as he came of age, got kicked out not a day after for brutaly assaulting his trainingofficer, and several fellow cadets. has lived his life as an outlaw, by choise at first, by habit later. Known as the "last resort"... if no merc is willing to take the job, he gets hired... but never directly, for he kills every witness

Sakra says:
I know you're just an angel in disguise...
... disguised as a very evil person for that matter
[IV-CL]Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 11:53   #12
Synthetic-Rose
Phoenix of Your Heart

[IV-CL]Zappa Thanks for the bio! Just try to be a little more fluent and grammatically correct when we finally start to RP, alright?

dragonsjem Great! Thank you so much! As for continuing if I don't get all my needed characters filled, I'm not sure what I'll do. I want to go through with this thing, but it could be difficult. If I end up having to tweak the storyline, (since there's only one person from another world so far, the A.Phoenix,) would you still play?

I really do need at least my two Princes filled though. If everyone could PM their buddies and mention this RP at least once, I'd be grateful. I don't want you to spam anyone, (that's bad,) but advertise a little, please? The sooner we have at least those two positions filled, the sooner we can begin to RP. If we don't get those two filled, I'm going to have to make some rather drastic storyline changes, but I do intend to get this RP running, one way or another...

Give it until next Friday. If we can't get anyone to fill those positions by then, I'm going to go ahead and write the opening post. (It'll be in another topic, but I'll post here first to let everyone know where to go!)
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 12:15   #13
[IV-CL]Zappa
grote boze rocker

[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic-Rose
Just try to be a little more fluent and grammatically correct when we finally start to RP, alright?

[/color]
no can do.

Sakra says:
I know you're just an angel in disguise...
... disguised as a very evil person for that matter
[IV-CL]Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 21:51   #14
Synthetic-Rose
Phoenix of Your Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by [IV-CL]Zappa
no can do.
*smiles apologetically* Dragonsgem informed me that English wasn't your first language. I apologize for not being more understanding. Just do what you can and I'll let you be, alright? Again, I apologize for putting you on the spot.
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 23:54   #15
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

ooc - Its been a while so I am a little rusty in full character creation

Name – Amras Calafalas (Private Name not revealed) Tholos (House Name)
Age – 154
Sex – Male
Race - High Elf (Noble)
Class - Dusk Blade (Eves who balance their skills between fighting, spell casting and stealth. Preferring speed and skill over heavy armour and strength attacks, also able to utilizing their weapon as a conduit to channel their spells through as well as their hands)
Appearance – Standing just under the height of an average human, Amras has a slender looking face and body seeming, attractive by human standards. A slight golden tint to his skin closely matching with his shoulder length light hair, normally seen wearing finer cloths but never seen in public without a weapon or armour.
Starting Nation – Nephilim, Village
Skills – Arcane Spellcaster, Swordsman (Single Weapon), Tracker
Spells – To be added later if necessary
Equitment –
1 x Seal of the Dusk Blade
1x Elven chain mail with a crest upon it
1 x Plain Silver Dagger with the house crest of Tholos in its hilt
1 x Elven Long Sword with symbols crafted into its blade
Clothing –
Tends to wear open robes over his armour and trousers in social settings, out in the wilds or traveling prefers to wear more practical clothing.
Personality Traits – Tends to be non reactive of events most of the time and a holds more than a little bias towards the supposed superiority of his own race, his actions are guided by what he considers to be for the greater good of the Elven kingdoms.
History/Agenda –
Amras was sent as an envoy of High elf Kingdom to tour the human lands and make good relations with the humans, upon arriving in the kingdom of Nephilim and after a stay of a few months rumors of an uprising of some kind where beginning to emerge. Looking into the matter privately on his own, Amras discovered a definite plot and approached the king about the matter.

The king seeing this as little more than Elvish lies and an attempt to gain influence within his kingdom dismissed them, rather than expelling Amras he tolerated his presence begrudgingly not wanting to offend the elves though the matter was never raised again at least not with the king. Approaching the younger prince with what he knew instead resulting in an unintended results. In the young princes haste to want to save his beloved kingdom and outdo his older brother he rushed to his father with the news against Amras’s instructions on waiting for the right moment to do something about it, this action resulted in the expulsion and disowner ship of the young prince.

It was at this point that Amras decided to follow the prince into his exiled lifestyle, seeing this as the best way to complete his objectives

Hidden Agenda – The High elf ruling body of mages discovered a dangerous uprising that could take place in one of their scrying spells, this lead them to debating the relevance of interfering in another lands politics. Finally deciding that it was in their best interest to try and nurture an alliance with another kingdom rather than alienate themselves completely from other lands. Although there was a lot conflicting opinions on how this would be helpful it would in the least provide another source of information available to them. In order to keep this looking like a diplomatic mission a number of skilled undercover envoys where sent out to the various kingdoms and various lands to discover all they could and if possible shift a rebellion in the favour of the High Elves.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2007, 12:03   #16
Synthetic-Rose
Phoenix of Your Heart

Wonderful bio Darkling. I can't wait to see how your character ticks.
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 18:20   #17
Synthetic-Rose
Phoenix of Your Heart

Ok everybody, Vyren should have her bio up in a day or three, (at least she said she would,) so as soon as she does, I'll write an opening post to the RP in a new topic. The topic title will be: Phoenix Wars-RP. Simple enough?

Since we don't have either prince characters filled, I'm going to have to do some plot altering. If anyone thinks they can recruit a person to play the younger prince, (more needed than the elder,) please try, and let me know if someone is found.

I apologize for not posting last Friday as I said I would, and for waiting as long as I did, but I was hoping that someone new would randomly pop in to try the RP out. Since, obviously, no one did, and most likely won't anytime soon, I'm going to get started. I will post my opening no later than Monday. Keep an eye out for it!

--Synthetic
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 02:29   #18
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

*Waves*
Still accepting people?

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2007, 04:24   #19
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

i think i may have a way to play the young prince traveling with armas, though more detail may be needed..

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2007, 05:18   #20
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

aislinn of Nephilim (yonger son of the king)
Age – 18
Sex – Male
Race - Human (Noble)
Class - Prince and medium level druid

aislinn was a young and obediant son as a kid, always having an caring ear for the ppls and the land of his father kingdom. His older brother often pulling pranks and beating him "playfully", sometimes leaving some bruises on aislinn, though he never complained.

As he grew up, he showed wisdom and some ability the plants and animals alike, often seeming to talk to them and getting replies, though the unobservant would dismiss it as foolish nonesense.
so the king decided to send aislinn away for some magic teaching, see if his son could become a wizard.

But the way to wizardry was not the path for Aislinn was atuned to nature, so he went to the forest, where he learn the way of the Druids, a powerful group of caster who protect and care for the land and the animals of the world.he followed their teaching for 5 years, using the money his father, the king would provide, to learn as much as he can.

When he returned the the castle, Aislinn was often called to voice the concern of the ppls to his father, or the king himself ask for his views, though often they were dismissed (as for when his father raise the taxes!!), Aislinn still standed by his father, hoping to influence him in anyway he could.

One day, while wandering the forest, he met with Amras , being of a truthful and openminded spirit, he listened to Amras desire to meet with "the king of the lands", and directed him to the castle. traveling with him the few days it took to get there, they started what would look like to be friendship, though how deep it goes is unknown...

then again, a few weeks later, Amras spoked with the king, about something, Aislinn knew, cause he witnessed the meeting , but not hearing the words exchanged, perch on a window as he was, a little birdie. then Amras came to him, teling of rebellion and plot against the king, his father!! so of course , Aislinn charged in, seeking to undo the treachery.. only to be banish by his father!

Now both Aislinn and Amras travel the land, seeking someway to prevent the plot to happen, till the event of the eclipse... now Aislinn is being torn between the need of his ppls and the rebellion plot.. what to do.. what to do..

druidic abilities :spell casting (animal and plant spells ,some healing spells, weather spells, shape change (into amimal form up to 3 times a day for 3 hours),fire and lightning resistance (50% damage taken), immunity to poison.
proficient with bow and staff.

spell list to be agreed with dm.

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote