User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 May 2009, 15:11   #101
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Ascendancy, the future?

We all know how "unconfirmable" galaxy targetting works, a HC picks out their own intel, looks for galaxies that are heavy with a certain alliance, then lets the ally pick two-three gals that are "fortresses" as the galraid.

I used to do that a lot myself when I was HC. It's easy to say: Oh, but it was merely a galraid then.
Unread 6 May 2009, 15:34   #102
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

oh, I'm in DLR not ND atm so that might have caused some confusion Anyway xVx I believe hit 2 DLR gals last night (which is what I was talking about) whilst Asc hit one. I wasn't 100% sure you were co-operating originally (we were pretty fat ) but judging by what JBG has said in this thread it appears you were?
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 15:57   #103
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
I can't understand why they'd choose to ally Asc
Everyone seems to be laboring under the misapprehension that xVx and Asc are allied; afaik there is not even a NAP.

While it is true that we might be considered friendly to each other; that hardly amounts to a conspiracy.
Essentially ppl are asking xVx to take on Asc because they are the only ones who could recruit to 90. xVx in the rounds prior to this one was a mediocre alliance with good defence but a blunt offence; Even if the liths have changed all that there is still no surprise they would be cautious about war. I dont want to underestimate them but I dont think anyone would expect an alliance like xVx to sound the Trumpet of war in any other circumstances, any other round they would be considered rather as VGN was last round, a useful auxiliary but not the main force.
The Liths were the only 'BG' to see that joining another ally was sensible, they greatly add to xVx's firepower but 2/3rds of xVx is old xVx that expects their alliance to be levelheaded and solidly neutral on the political scene; the desires of others provide no basis for throwing away the accumulated wisdom of many rounds.

Edit: Probably xVx has the best chance of beating Asc if the BG's fight Asc while xVx stays out and Gal raids; I would be surprised if everyone else desired ascs defeat so much as to take the hit for them tho.

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 6 May 2009 at 16:04.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 16:24   #104
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

I only bring up the idea that they are allied because of the co-operation last night. I don't know if that will continue or not but by co-operating just one night they appeared to side with Asc which I believe has upset (maybe the wrong word but you get what I mean) a good deal of people from the smaller alliances/BGs.

Oh and just for the record, I'm not suggesting it would be in xVx's interest to directly fight Asc, but I don't think it benefits them to hit other allies gals (especially in co-ordination with Asc) either.
Unread 6 May 2009, 18:00   #105
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

I doubt If xvx and asc are napped considering xvx landed on me today
I blame cardi
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 18:14   #106
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

I find this rather entertaining;
blame asc for xvx not fighting against asc...share brilliance.

Honestly, I believe that a block of ND, CT, VGN, EVO, DLR, INS, WAFHH with their friends could give a challenge.
But only if they leave personal shit aside and organize themself properly...which I very, very much dubt will happen.

I do believe that certain people will yell at asc just like they used to yell at former dominating alliances. The problem is not the name they yell at, rather the basic human greed underlaying it all.
If CT could, they would dominate (and "stagnate" the game), as would ND, VGN and anyone else (BGs not counted as they just like to sit around and yell at people due to their own personal shit which hinders them from actually working together on a larger scale).
Unread 6 May 2009, 18:37   #107
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

Sorry, where did I blame asc for what xvx are doing? I specifically said I thought xVx were being idiots which isn't at all Asc's fault.

I reckon we could give you a challenge too, but I don't think any of those alliances could win unless a merger between two BGs occured (nfi how merges even work tbh so dunno how viable that even is) due to having scanners and other shit planets counting for score in ND/CT/VGN cause they can't fill their tag. This is why xVx's actions today have been ludicrous, we could have set them up with a chance of a round win, albeit a small one, if they'd simply stayed out of it.

Anyway since there's now no chance at all any alliance other than Asc could win (aside from merger previously stated) there's not any point of us bothering giving you a challenge cause the end result is going to be the same whatever we do. We might as well just dick on people we don't like for the rest of the round instead and actually have some fun. I guess that's pretty much what I was expecting coming into the round so it doesn't particuarly bother me.

And yeah, I don't particuarly blame Asc for how this round is going to go but nor do I think that the BGs are to blame either. Call it a team effort I suppose.
Unread 6 May 2009, 18:38   #108
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well hats off to all the smaller battlegroups for managing to coordinate and run a large level block to try and take one what is (arguably) one of the best alliances PA has ever seen. It takes a lot of guts and I expect a lot of communication. I am impressed!

It isn't Ascendancy's fault that xVx are teaming up on you. Ascendancy are just retalling you all - what else did you expect? Why xVx have decided it's a brilliant idea to cooperate with Ascendancy is anyone's guess though. They don't really have anything to gain out of it.

Last edited by Tomkat; 6 May 2009 at 19:21.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 18:42   #109
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Sorry, where did I blame asc for what xvx are doing? I specifically said I thought xVx were being idiots which isn't at all Asc's fault.
If you felt hit by what I said you might read what you have written again. But keep in mind; I did not name you for doing so. Or am I wrong there?
Unread 6 May 2009, 18:44   #110
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator View Post
If you felt hit by what I said you might read what you have written again. But keep in mind; I did not name you for doing so. Or am I wrong there?
So nowhere then, ok.
Unread 6 May 2009, 18:47   #111
Elevator
Crackhead

Quote:
So nowhere then, ok.
I did not name you, I wrote up (without quoting) the accusation based on felt consensus of the thread cause I didn't care to take the time to quote the people who did. Those who did are (hopefully) somewhat aware that they did (if not they are ****ing muppets).
Unread 6 May 2009, 18:50   #112
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

You could've just said that with your second post
Unread 6 May 2009, 18:52   #113
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

I beleive had the BG players played in ally tags or collectively, the rankings would look very different. The problem is should asc be pegged back, there is still no ally that will be able to capitalise and challenge for that #1 spot in any case.

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 01:36   #114
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

Not really on topic but didn't want to make a new thread for just this, but can anyone confirm ROCK areNAPd with Asc? Heard some rumours but not sure who to believe these days!
Unread 7 May 2009, 02:39   #115
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Only way to be sure is thru the ingame fleet movement.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 06:50   #116
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can confirm that.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 11:12   #117
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Not really on topic but didn't want to make a new thread for just this, but can anyone confirm ROCK areNAPd with Asc? Heard some rumours but not sure who to believe these days!
ofc, like I said preround. rock would be on ascs side.
from #ascendancy topic: Ally-wide NAP with Rock starting May 6th :: AntiToot Block: DLR/Evo/EC/CT/ND/VGN/Ins/WAFHH.'
I really like to see the reality of that block man, and how u managed to get ROCK along when ur LOLrollercosting to ur 4th in a row. Well done asc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 11:28   #118
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Well done asc.
Thanks man, we appreciate it!

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 11:33   #119
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
ofc, like I said preround. rock would be on ascs side.
from #ascendancy topic: Ally-wide NAP with Rock starting May 6th :: AntiToot Block: DLR/Evo/EC/CT/ND/VGN/Ins/WAFHH.'
I really like to see the reality of that block man, and how u managed to get ROCK along when ur LOLrollercosting to ur 4th in a row. Well done asc.
I find it quite amusing that CT is listed up there....

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 11:52   #120
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Is there another side? Who's on it? Was there ever another side? How long did it last? What went wrong? Nobody tells me anything
Unread 7 May 2009, 12:13   #121
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

The block (as per the previously mentioned #ascendancy topic)

Asc (118 - admitted)
xVx (89)
ROCK (82) Total - 289 Players

vs

WAFHH (27)
DLR (35)
Insomnia (26)
EC (12)
Evolution (37)
VgN (43)
ND (66) Total - 246 Players

Add in the fact that Asc don't have the problem of oranising what is a 7 member block, and the ascendancy block have the advantage that they are 3, essentially, full alliances so have the advantage in that they have more options for defence per alliance.

are you seriously telling me that your block is a legitimate response to an opposition comprised of mainly battlegroups and small alliances in comparison to yourselves?

edit: please note i did not include CT in this deliberately as they have, once again, not been willing to take the initiative, even when presented with people who will help so they are not going in alone

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 12:41   #122
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

xVx hit us more than any other single ally last night; ppl really shouldn't persist in putting us in the same block assuming we can really call these blocks at all , they are fencing.
(Edit as of 11 50 GMT there are including recalled fleets 11 xVx 5 ND 1 WAFHH 1 VGN and 1 Ins fleets on our defence page; for a not very epic 19 fleets!)

Also Asc is at war with the 1:1 bot planets U may not have a formal agreement but we know a conspiracy when we see one!

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 7 May 2009 at 12:53.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 12:42   #123
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
The block (as per the previously mentioned #ascendancy topic)

Asc (90)
ROCK (82) Total - 172 Players

vs

WAFHH (27)
DLR (35)
Insomnia (26)
EC (12)
Evolution (37)
VgN (43)
ND (66)
CT (73) Total - 319 Players

Neutral:

xVx (90)
I corrected your wrong maths, because you're being pedantic. You kinda manipulate the numbers to drastically downplay the result.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Unread 7 May 2009, 12:43   #124
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Is there another side? Who's on it? Was there ever another side? How long did it last? What went wrong? Nobody tells me anything
in reality it isnt.
None of the alliances are willing to take initiative, and the BGs with around 20-30 people each are tired of organizing and try to get others along, so we just stopped. We attacked u 1 night really, which was pretty much the BGs taking heavy asc gals, while ND took xvx fortress gal for some reason, and ct attacked a gal with 1 asc. I m glad to see you actually thought this might be a challenge so that you organized a counter block though! Waste of time...

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 7 May 2009, 12:44   #125
Wishmaster
LDK

are you a ****ing retard coct? or are you joking? I hope the latter cause I kinda like you

edit: reason being: not adding asc scanners / idiots who play inactive. Adding all the numbers of the bgs into the equation, ofc we got scanners and inactive idiots also. So either add both or remove members when u count the bgs / other alliances also. And CT. are you kidding me?

Quote:
Unread 7 May 2009, 12:48   #126
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
are you seriously telling me that your block is a legitimate response to an opposition comprised of mainly battlegroups and small alliances in comparison to yourselves?
DId we not file our application with the appropriate block handling commission? I'm not really sure what you want me to say here. Much like I'm not really too sure what anyone wants to happen ingame.

Edit: I didn't organise anything wish!

118 isn't really a genuine number anyways. I mean I said in the other thread it included 4 planets in reset for ****s sake.
Unread 7 May 2009, 12:51   #127
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Whatever you chose Wish

Realistically, i think Asc is dominating to the highest level this round - that's because of their sheer organization and quality.

Now new campaign is being put on the table, which is: Asc wins because of lame politics.

I'm sure you dont agree do you?
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Unread 7 May 2009, 13:19   #128
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
as of 11 50 GMT there are including recalled fleets 11 xVx 5 ND 1 WAFHH 1 VGN and 1 Ins fleets on our defence page; for a not very epic 19 fleets!
Facts dont belong on these propaganda boards
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 13:27   #129
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Just because Rock and Ascendancy are NAPed doesn't mean we're allied. As far as I know, it just means we don't attack eachother, not that we share/coordinate targets.

Unread 7 May 2009, 13:35   #130
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Just because Rock and Ascendancy are NAPed doesn't mean we're allied. As far as I know, it just means we don't attack eachother, not that we share/coordinate targets.
Im not sure how relevant that is since I would be surprised if the opposition even have naps between all members of the 'block'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Facts dont belong on these propaganda boards
humble apologies for my over zealous use of information!
Unread 7 May 2009, 13:37   #131
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau View Post
Whatever you chose Wish

Realistically, i think Asc is dominating to the highest level this round - that's because of their sheer organization and quality.

Now new campaign is being put on the table, which is: Asc wins because of lame politics.

I'm sure you dont agree do you?
Only thing the nap with rock means is that rock will now have some planets in top100 end of the round, and asc wont get em all! Rock is THE place to be this round if u wanna go for round win i spose! ( can I join ROCK? )
Asc are winning because we ( the rest of the universe ) are unable to work together. We bitch and we fight and let asc run away with it. There is no one taking charge, or no one able to get others to follow into somethign which could maybe make the round interesting.

Quote:
Unread 9 May 2009, 00:58   #132
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Only thing the nap with rock means is that rock will now have some planets in top100 end of the round, and asc wont get em all! Rock is THE place to be this round if u wanna go for round win i spose! ( can I join ROCK? )
Asc are winning because we ( the rest of the universe ) are unable to work together. We bitch and we fight and let asc run away with it. There is no one taking charge, or no one able to get others to follow into somethign which could maybe make the round interesting.
But I'm having a lot more fun this round than last!

Quick thought to throw into the mix: where was it said that an alliance has to have something in the region of 100 people? Ascendancy and xVx chose to recruit to the levels they did - the BGs (which are actually small alliances, let's be honest) are mostly groups of friends who chose to have a fun round. Nobody's actually to blame for ruining the round, but people insist on using politics to back up baseless arguments. You chose to play with 100 members, we chose 30. We've got exactly the same right as you to do so, and if you choose to engage in political manoeuvres with other 100-man alliances to ensure a win then it's not because we forced you into it. No cooperation existed between the smaller alliances until the rapid growth of both Ascendancy and xVx, and even then it never stretched as far as any form of official NAP, just discussion and occasional coordination on attacks.

The arguments against our combined numbers also ignore the fun and friendship aspect - some of the smaller allies are full of inactives who just enjoy occasionally roiding together, and at least one of them consists almost entirely people who've not played PA in 7 or 8 years. I've spent more of this round teaching people how PAX works than I have actually organising attacks or defence, and this is only my second round of it. Ascendancy and xVx suffer no such problems. We're certainly not taking away from the playerbase of any other alliance - on the contrary, we're bringing new people to the game.

Everyone has the right to play with whoever they choose, and I'll never complain about numbers, but the insinuation that the smaller alliances are at fault for the state of the round is a straw man. Nobody forced Ascendancy to make the political decisions it has made, and nobody forced it to work with approximately half the active universe. If the round has become boring because of it, you're the ones in a position to make it more interesting. Honestly though, I'm having fun, and a lot of other people seem to as well, even if it's a given that the only thing to come out of this round will be Ascendancy acting overly smug and self-satisfied at the EORC.
Unread 9 May 2009, 02:33   #133
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Bad leadership is far more important. Many of the players who joined us this round have openly stated they were fed up with it and they felt that we were the best alternative.

If people feel the leadership is good, they'll stick around, even if it costs them a few ranks. But if the leadership is bad, they won't enjoy their round and they'll move on.
Some of those bad leadership ppl even joined u guys, so perhaps they learn something important in teh future :P

Anyways, asc can be stoped. Just takes one hell of an effort nowdays, and no one can be arsed. Its that simple.

Nuff said.

Oh, and cba, stay in spain!
Unread 9 May 2009, 04:48   #134
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
The arguments against our combined numbers also ignore the fun and friendship aspect - some of the smaller allies are full of inactives who just enjoy occasionally roiding together, and at least one of them consists almost entirely people who've not played PA in 7 or 8 years. I've spent more of this round teaching people how PAX works than I have actually organising attacks or defence, and this is only my second round of it. Ascendancy and xVx suffer no such problems. We're certainly not taking away from the playerbase of any other alliance - on the contrary, we're bringing new people to the game.
It's worth mentioning that we were never actually complained about blocks. We had something in the topic of our private channel about alliances cooperating, but Wishmaster was the one that made that information public. If anything, I applaud the cooperation to challenge Ascendancy.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2009, 05:04   #135
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Yeah, I'm aware. I've just seen quotes from a few people in Ascendancy laughing at the state of the round and placing the blame at the feet of the BGs - in this thread and elsewhere.
Unread 11 May 2009, 10:19   #136
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
I'm writing this post expecting lots of funny, someone less funny, and someone down right stupid, but still funny replies from Ascendancy, but also, I would like to ask what is the goal and purpose for Ascendancy now?

The way I see it, the only thing that is left for ascendancy now is to achive top ranked alliance in terms of average score, average roids, score and roidcount. Three which they have achived before, however, i am unsure all four last round.

I ask Ascendancy: What is there left to achive for you now?
I realize the thread's probably gone pretty off-topic by now, but I was thinking of holding an AD poll to decide what we do next round. Disbanding won't be one of the options (quitting is for losers), but I figure we should manage to come up with some interesting options.

My favorite ideas include making changes to Munin that everyone interested in an easy win will find so disgusting they leave on their own or arbitrarily kicking someone every day based on votes.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 10:22   #137
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Open the alliance to everyone; everyone who wants to join can. Make #ascendancy public, NAP the entire universe. Then pretend you're playing a cooperative war game.
Unread 11 May 2009, 10:24   #138
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling View Post
Open the alliance to everyone; everyone who wants to join can. Make #ascendancy public, NAP the entire universe. Then pretend you're playing a cooperative war game.
We can all attack the 1:1 bots for 8 weeks. They'll never know what hit them!
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 10:25   #139
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

most people will quit anyway when jer starts to talk about football
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 14:30   #140
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
or arbitrarily kicking someone every day based on votes.
Anything that sounds like it was inspired by the Athenians gets my vote.
Unread 11 May 2009, 14:47   #141
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Anything that sounds like it was inspired by the Athenians gets my vote.
It's been done before by the cluster alliance NoS was in R5 I think. Each day they kicked one galaxy wich they then roided.
Unread 11 May 2009, 15:03   #142
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
It's been done before by the cluster alliance NoS was in R5 I think. Each day they kicked one galaxy wich they then roided.
Ignoring the fact that doesn't make sense. Actually no, that doesn't make sense, need clarification plz.
Unread 11 May 2009, 18:03   #143
Tommy
Sain†s

That'd be a pretty short-lived cluster alliance.
Unread 11 May 2009, 18:33   #144
Wishmaster
LDK

or a round which lasted 24 days

Quote:
Unread 11 May 2009, 19:21   #145
Linkie
fanboy

Wasn't R5 parallells? Or was that R4?

Unread 11 May 2009, 19:27   #146
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Wasn't R5 parallells? Or was that R4?
To be more precise after checking my sources. It was every week, and it was quite horrific scenes when the GC's of the galaxies in question came into the clusterchan and cried foul etc
Unread 11 May 2009, 20:50   #147
Wishmaster
LDK

what cluster was this man?

Quote:
Unread 11 May 2009, 21:23   #148
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'm pretty sure getting kicked out of the NoS cluster alliance was cause for celebration in round five to be honest.
Unread 11 May 2009, 22:17   #149
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
I'm pretty sure getting kicked out of the NoS cluster alliance was cause for celebration in round five to be honest.
nos had some fine players man!

Quote:
Unread 12 May 2009, 01:33   #150
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
nos had some fine players man!
Yeah but both of them got roided hard pretty early on.