User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 May 2009, 16:14   #51
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ascendancy, the future?

If you genuinely don't want to see Ascendancy win, then organise against them. If you refrain from doing that and in fact do the very opposite, by organising into small groups that are unable to even sustain a war, let alone win one, you lose the right to whining about how unfair it all is. (I am not addressing anyone in particular here, mind you.)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2009, 17:44   #52
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

i cant understand why ppl in these forums tend to nag and whine on other ppl that joined BGs.. whats wrong with that ? joined cos scared of Asc ?

thats pretty egoistic and silly to think imo.. maybe someone did that, but im pretty sure majority of ppl joined BGs cos they wanted to try something new/play closely with their friends/etc.. I did it just cos i wanted to see how it feels to be in some smaller, more organized, alliance..

thats pretty much it, just when ive read these forums then in quite many threads BGs are mentioned and their members are shown in bad light for not wanting to fight Asc.. heh thats ridiculous.. and i dont like it
Unread 5 May 2009, 17:57   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
keeping it classy with those **** as always jbg i think the logs below is a fair enough reason why the BGs are hitting asc, nevermind the regular comments coming from asc members asking when anyone will step up. now we have, is asc honestly now complaining? you have what you wish for.
Ignoring kila's death wish I just fail to see what it's about. Fair enough if it's just about "fun" but it's obviously not because if you wanted a really even contest with all those bgs the best idea would be to divide them all down the middle and half of you fight the other half. Clearly there's some reason to hit ascendancy, whether that be the arrogance displayed or simply the fact ascendancy winning four rounds in a row makes some people's blood boil on the inside. Personally I must admit I don't really see the point in this round from ascendancy's perspective and it's the reason I said what I did above, we're not going to be doing anything new or anything more difficult or whatever. There's nothing to gain from it all really.
Unread 5 May 2009, 18:01   #54
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
is asc honestly now complaining? you have what you wish for.
It's okay, at an average of 6-10 fleets crashed a day this war should be finished pretty soon. Keep up the good work, guys!
Unread 5 May 2009, 23:17   #55
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

I hear F-crew are making a play for the #1 spot

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2009, 23:45   #56
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoshay View Post
It's okay, at an average of 6-10 fleets crashed a day this war should be finished pretty soon. Keep up the good work, guys!
What war? :s

Also: all you need to do to ensure Asc doesn't win another round is be prepared to sacrifice 1st. If you do that for just ONE SODDING ROUND then the ENTIRE universe will have your back.

BUT, nobody wants to keep Asc from winning if there's no glory in it for them. Single minded fools the lot of you!
Unread 5 May 2009, 23:57   #57
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

omen had a stab at it last round...

(even if we did ofc hope to win ourselves)
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 00:10   #58
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
What war? :s

Also: all you need to do to ensure Asc doesn't win another round is be prepared to sacrifice 1st. If you do that for just ONE SODDING ROUND then the ENTIRE universe will have your back.

BUT, nobody wants to keep Asc from winning if there's no glory in it for them. Single minded fools the lot of you!
Who the **** cares. If the entire universe hit us all round of course we'd lose. If the entire universe hit the 90 greatest pa players ever all round they'd lose too. The whole point is to win yourself otherwise you're just some jackass doing other people's work for them. Unless you just want to do it anyways. Fair enough then, everyone has their own way of finding fun ingame.
Unread 6 May 2009, 02:36   #59
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say 'the entire universe'.
Unread 6 May 2009, 02:44   #60
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Who the **** cares. If the entire universe hit us all round of course we'd lose. If the entire universe hit the 90 greatest pa players ever all round they'd lose too. The whole point is to win yourself otherwise you're just some jackass doing other people's work for them. Unless you just want to do it anyways. Fair enough then, everyone has their own way of finding fun ingame.
so the BGs are stupid, for deciding to put up a fight, instead of being roided to death at tick 500 anyways?
we surely wont win, but it wouldent help us to give u guys a easy round...

Edit: Did Asc realy need xvx to fight a couple of 15-35man BGs?
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 03:10   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I didn't say 'the entire universe'.
Yeah, you actually did. Unless by "have your back" you actually meant something like applaud politely from the sidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman
so the BGs are stupid, for deciding to put up a fight, instead of being roided to death at tick 500 anyways?
we surely wont win, but it wouldent help us to give u guys a easy round...
Personally I didn't have any intentions on doing anything but gal raiding this round. Well for everyone else anyways, my personal intention was to drink heavily and go inactive. Obviously everyone has their own reasons for doing what they did though and you decided to hit us.

Quote:
Edit: Did Asc realy need xvx to fight a couple of 15-35man BGs?
Maybe you can provide us with a live feed informing us of the size of the group hitting us so we can adjust our response size so it isn't disproportionate...

I mean, I honestly don't know how many alliances are involved but last night we had incs from Insomnia, HA, evolution, DLR, newdawn, vgn, EC and although I don't remember who else I'm sure there were more. Now, maybe all those weren't actually involved and some were coincidental, but all things considered I'm pretty sure your "block" beats our "block" regardless.
Unread 6 May 2009, 03:20   #62
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Yeah, you actually did.
Wow, so I did. I'm fairly sure I meant it in a context of 'the following round'.

If you show the universe that you're willing to make sacrifices for the greater good (where "the greater good" = beating Asc), then you're invariably going to carry more favour and appreciation going in to future rounds.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try and win, I'm just saying "don't give up" (or double cross your allies) when it doesn't look likely to happen.
Unread 6 May 2009, 03:24   #63
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

yes, im sure you need asc+xvx to kill of 15-35 man tags at a time... like realy... we could defend well solo against asc anyways...

we hit u, to atleast give our members a chance to survive the round.. not like we would win it anyways...
what do u do,... u bring the current #2 alliance in the uni into the fight
Unread 6 May 2009, 03:30   #64
JonnyBGood
Banned

What the **** do you want to happen. Honestly this must be one of the most confusing rounds in pa history. I mean you all divide up into ~30 man bgs but share a HC channel anyways. You hit us with a lot more people than we have and then when we respond it's all somehow our fault? I mean we weren't targetting anyone before this happened to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
If you show the universe that you're willing to make sacrifices for the greater good (where "the greater good" = beating Asc), then you're invariably going to carry more favour and appreciation going in to future rounds.
I don't believe people actually think that way. Certainly not to the point where people are going to then go out of their way for you the next round heh.
Unread 6 May 2009, 03:39   #65
Foxman

Quote:
What the **** do you want to happen. Honestly this must be one of the most confusing rounds in pa history. I mean you all divide up into ~30 man bgs but share a HC channel anyways. You hit us with a lot more people than we have and then when we respond it's all somehow our fault? I mean we weren't targetting anyone before this happened to the best of my knowledge.

I don't believe people actually think that way. Certainly not to the point where people are going to then go out of their way for you the next round heh.
again.. why bring the current #2 alliance(and only alliance able to challenge u for #1) into it? couldent u fight 5-6 small tags alone? after all, your the greatest pax alliance arent u?
Unread 6 May 2009, 03:47   #66
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman View Post
again.. why bring the current #2 alliance(and only alliance able to challenge u for #1) into it? couldent u fight 5-6 small tags alone? after all, your the greatest pax alliance arent u?
I'll tell toot you said that. I imagine he'll be pleased.
Unread 6 May 2009, 05:05   #67
Fuzzy

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

the question is why are xvx fighting to help make sure ascendancy get number 1 whenever they can use the BG's (who want to see asc defeated) as flak/support to win themselves...

Unread 6 May 2009, 05:40   #68
JonnyBGood
Banned

Don't you mean why can't you use them as a diversion to prevent us hitting the fat planets of the people who actually want to hit us?
Unread 6 May 2009, 06:03   #69
Fuzzy

i facepalmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The whole point is to win yourself otherwise you're just some jackass doing other people's work for them.
dont try and spin this to put the focus on the BG's or make it sound like xVx arent either

a/ making an extremely retarded political move
b/ effectively ascendancys puppet alliance

based on your above quote about the point of the game being to win yourselves...what do you feel of xVx's attack strategy?

Unread 6 May 2009, 06:10   #70
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

This is just sad... Asc and xVx entering the round fully allied, as the two only full tagged alliances with the quality to go for #1. Asc has the advantage, hence being helped to #1 by xVx litterally.

The BGs trying to do somethnig about it, will most likely be assraped 1 by 1, but atleast they dont stand by and look at it.

This will kill PA unless there can be agreed on something.

I doubt however that Asc and xVx have the will to sit down and talk about breaking their agreement, and I doubt the BGs can lay aside their grudge in order to maybe make the round enjoyable and competetive instead of uninteresting.

Back in the days when Legion and Fury were allied constantly, atleast the universe was big enough to be able to play and do well. Now it isnt and you are killing the game.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 06:20   #71
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
dont try and spin this to put the focus on the BG's or make it sound like xVx arent either

a/ making an extremely retarded political move
b/ effectively ascendancys puppet alliance

based on your above quote about the point of the game being to win yourselves...what do you feel of xVx's attack strategy?

I suppose you could clarify my quote. Although it's rather obvious in context. The whole point, if you're doing something that doesn't benefit you directly, is to win yadda yadda yadda. Obviously I'm not saying every alliance not competing for #1 should just shut down, that'd be retarded. If you're going to go out and beat your face against a wall there better be some pie in it for you at the end though.

And I'm not spinning anything. I'll admit it's clearly in our best interest to get hit by as few (lol etc) alliances as possible. Clearly it's in your best interest for a bigger alliance to get involved and shift the focus off you.

Quote:
Asc and xVx entering the round fully allied
This actually isn't even vaguely true.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 6 May 2009 at 06:26.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 06:27   #72
Fuzzy

Quote:
The whole point, if you're doing something that doesn't benefit you directly, is to win yadda yadda yadda. Obviously I'm not saying every alliance not competing for #1 should just shut down, that'd be retarded. If you're going to go out and beat your face against a wall there better be some pie in it for you at the end though.
and xVx are getting pie by attacking the BG's and supporting asc rather than siding with us to take to the obvious rival for #1 alliance?

Quote:
And I'm not spinning anything.
you were shifting the focus to imply our intentions...rather than focus on the topic at hand, which was...what the HELL are xVx doing?

Quote:
Clearly it's in your best interest for a bigger alliance to get involved and shift the focus off you.
how? for us achieve what end result?

Unread 6 May 2009, 06:34   #73
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
and xVx are getting pie by attacking the BG's and supporting asc rather than siding with us to take to the obvious rival for #1 alliance?
Stripping outside your truly wonderful rhetorical skills and reducing your question to the rather less offensive "do xVx want to hit people other than ascendancy more than they want to hit ascendancy?" I'd have to say the answer is, quite obviously at this point, yes.

Quote:
you were shifting the focus to imply our intentions...rather than focus on the topic at hand, which was...what the HELL are xVx doing?
What the ****? You can't just come into a thread, post once and decide you've changed the "topic at hand" just because you posted. This thread is called "Ascendancy, the future?" If you want to argue about people shifting the topic from subject A not really relevant to that to subject B not really relevant to that I have a long and pretty amusing fake email address I can provide you with to vent in. Otherwise **** off.

Quote:
how? for us achieve what end result?
Get fat and get very few incs? What else do people in PA want to do?
Unread 6 May 2009, 07:41   #74
Fuzzy

Quote:
Stripping outside your truly wonderful rhetorical skills and reducing your question to the rather less offensive "do xVx want to hit people other than ascendancy more than they want to hit ascendancy?" I'd have to say the answer is, quite obviously at this point, yes.
for a start there was nothing rhetorical about my question :/ and the question i asked clearly wasnt what you have interpreted it as. my question was do xVx get the reward you spoke of for attacking BG's instead of ascendancy?

as for our reward for beating our heads against a wall, im sure many people would be happy with preventing total ascendancy dominance of planetarion.

Quote:
What the ****? You can't just come into a thread, post once and decide you've changed the "topic at hand" just because you posted. This thread is called "Ascendancy, the future?"
you were replying to my statement, therefore that became the 'topic at hand' even if it was a tangent from the original topic...these things happen in ALL threads.

"Don't you mean why can't you use them as a diversion to prevent us hitting the fat planets of the people who actually want to hit us?" is hardly about "Ascendancy, the future?".

if you want to reply to people in a thread then reply to the points they make and the questions they ask. don't deflect and then get angry when someone points it out to you.

Quote:
Get fat and get very few incs? What else do people in PA want to do?
Stripping outside your truly wonderful rhetorical skills id say that to sum up the objectives of the players in this game so simply is quite naive, a man of your experience should know better. from my position within my BG/small alliance at the moment I would like to see some challenge to ascendancy before they tighten the grip they have over the community even further. this round it seems those BG's putting up a fight against ascendancy seem to share that common goal. getting fat and experiencing individual successes APPEARS to be low on the agenda...

if we wanted that we wouldve just joined ascendancy

Unread 6 May 2009, 08:15   #75
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
for a start there was nothing rhetorical about my question :/
Get a dictionary, look it up.

Quote:
and the question i asked clearly wasnt what you have interpreted it as. my question was do xVx get the reward you spoke of for attacking BG's instead of ascendancy?
Depends what their priorities are.

Quote:
as for our reward for beating our heads against a wall, im sure many people would be happy with preventing total ascendancy dominance of planetarion.
Everyone loves an evil empire to fight against I'm sure. If you'd like to provide some children for me to eat I can get jester to take pictures.

Quote:
you were replying to my statement, therefore that became the 'topic at hand' even if it was a tangent from the original topic...these things happen in ALL threads.
Seriously? Man I sure am glad people tell me these things. I'm new to internet forums actually. Maybe you could be my friend and help me out with how this place works? Sarcasm aside you're a moron, so what if my reply was to your post, your reply was to no post, if my reply hadn't quoted yours would it then be an entirely different tangent I was starting?

Quote:
"Don't you mean why can't you use them as a diversion to prevent us hitting the fat planets of the people who actually want to hit us?" is hardly about "Ascendancy, the future?".
I pointed that out myself, hence the phrase "irrelevant subject B" or whatever awesome witticism I used above.

Quote:
if you want to reply to people in a thread then reply to the points they make and the questions they ask. don't deflect and then get angry when someone points it out to you.
I am deflecting. I'm not angry. I think my question is just as valid as yours if not more so, as questions about the motives of those questioning people's motives are more interestingly meta than merely questioning people's motives.

If it helps you feel any less confused you can ignore my post though, there's no need for you to respond to it. I won't feel any less put out by the fact you don't reply to it. I feel my point was satisfactorily made when I actually posted it.

Quote:
Stripping outside your truly wonderful rhetorical skills id say that to sum up the objectives of the players in this game so simply is quite naive, a man of your experience should know better. from my position within my BG/small alliance at the moment I would like to see some challenge to ascendancy before they tighten the grip they have over the community even further. this round it seems those BG's putting up a fight against ascendancy seem to share that common goal. getting fat and experiencing individual successes APPEARS to be low on the agenda...

if we wanted that we wouldve just joined ascendancy
Hahaha. Let's be ****ing honest here. You were hoping for a round off where someone else would fight Ascendancy for you. Worst case scenario you were hoping for a round where even if you do fight us someone else would take the brunt of the incs from us. This is nothing to be ashamed of or anything, I was hoping for an easier round too. Sure you don't want to say it here now, and hell maybe it's not even true for a lot of people anymore. But that's sure as shit how this all started off.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 6 May 2009 at 08:33.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 08:32   #76
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Man fuzzy, you have changed. You used to be cool
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 08:42   #77
JonnyBGood
Banned

Fuzzy used to be a happy go lucky carefree sort of guy who it was hard to take seriously as an alliance HC because he was just so cute. I guess spending time in the omen HC channel last round cured him of any lingering human emotions though
Unread 6 May 2009, 09:11   #78
Fuzzy

i was gonna reply JBG but to be honest its a total waste of time. for the rational people reading this there's nothing i could say that could make you look any worse than you made yourself look with the past few posts.

ofc the ascendancy forum circle-jerk will continue and no one will dare challenge the posting of the great JonnyBGood

and people wonder why the forums are dead /o\

Unread 6 May 2009, 09:12   #79
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

lol @ Ascendancy propaganda once again.

Cardinals bg joining xVx made it so damn obvious that xVx would be Asc puppets again this round. Ace move to have your members in other allies so they can suck out of gal defence from there, yet crossdef ingal with Ascendancy.

I say ruin the round for xVx for being muppets. Hit them all round, let the Ascendancy planets get the roids and win. Avoid even hitting cardinal and his m8's, just make sure that xVx are extremely punished for being muppets.
Unread 6 May 2009, 09:12   #80
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

if we wanted that [...winning with ease...] we wouldve just joined ascendancy

besides the shit-ball you keep passing between yourselves throughout the thread, the above says it all (duuuh, elviz joined for several rounds, you think he would have stuck around if the above wasn't the case? :P)

also Fuzzy, word of advice: do not engage in arguments with JBG on the forums: he is very good at the forum-politics (the best one around atm - remember the "hit us and you die" stunt last round? IT WORKED) and there is no way you will win an argument with him. all you do by replying is serving his cause.

edit: do not twist what i said. i mean exactly what i said: good at the forum-politics not "most reasonable poster on the forums". ty

Last edited by voodoo; 6 May 2009 at 09:41.
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 09:33   #81
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
i was gonna reply JBG but to be honest its a total waste of time. for the rational people reading this there's nothing i could say that could make you look any worse than you made yourself look with the past few posts.

ofc the ascendancy forum circle-jerk will continue and no one will dare challenge the posting of the great JonnyBGood

and people wonder why the forums are dead /o\
You can't see me right now but I'm doing jazz hands while typing this post with my face. Similarly to yours it has miraculously made grammatical sense but that's about the only sense it makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
also Fuzzy, word of advice: do not engage in arguments with JBG on the forums: he is very good at the forum-politics
I'd have to take it as a compliment that people consider me the most reasonable poster on the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
Ace move to have your members in other allies
We actually had a big e-care argument which resulted in cardi leaving ascendancy. Which to be honest was the saddest internet day in the last eight or nine rounds for me
Unread 6 May 2009, 09:41   #82
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

to xvx defence here.
I know ND hit xvx heavy. CT are ****s you cant work with, and they got 10000% leaks from all attacks / defence from the liths to asc. Not allying asc will only create drama. Its the sensibel thing for the alliance to do if they wish to end #2.
Personally I cant say I am too bothered, when the 3 other alliances cept from asc who got a chance at #1 barely attack asc / dont attack asc at all. None of them would have won anyway. I m more in favour of atleast being honest and allying asc, than do what CT do and just claim they will be part of something and then hit a gal with 1 asc or so.

Now lets see if we all just attack xvx for easy roids instead tonight, and just accept the fact that asc are too good and nothing can be done to stop them

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 09:44   #83
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Fuzzy used to be a happy go lucky carefree sort of guy who it was hard to take seriously as an alliance HC because he was just so cute. I guess spending time in the omen HC channel last round cured him of any lingering human emotions though
I honestly dont see why you have been botyh rude, personal and off topic while arguing with fuzzy.
He doesnt agree with you, so what?

the last 10 posts of yours have been utter shit JBG. makes me sad

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 6 May 2009, 09:56   #84
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I honestly dont see why you have been botyh rude, personal and off topic while arguing with fuzzy.
He doesnt agree with you, so what?
Er, I was just joking there? Regardless of what he says about ascendancy or wants to do about ascendancy or what the **** ever about ascendancy I like fuzzy and much like when we were twelve and tried to show how we liked girls I insult people in various over the top ways. I'd punch him on the arm and run off giggling as well but sadly the internet has not reached that stage of evolution yet.

Plus I was mostly burning you there man

Quote:
the last 10 posts of yours have been utter shit JBG. makes me sad
I'm sure you'll tell me the same 10 posts from now again. I'll pretend to be shocked and saddened as well then

Edit: These blue sad smiley faces are really ****ing awesome.
Unread 6 May 2009, 10:00   #85
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Can I ask, as a totally neutral observer, what it is that Asc want from PA and the people who play?

Is it that you want an alliance to arise that will give you a run for your money?

Is it that you want to just totally dominate the game and everyone who plays it?

I see a lot of arguing and mud slinging on both sides, but I can never really figure out what it is that the Asc people want because all they spend time doing on the forums is defending themselves against the specifics of this argument or that argument rather than clarifying what they themselves want.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 10:02   #86
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
to xvx defence here.
I know ND hit xvx heavy. CT are ****s you cant work with, and they got 10000% leaks from all attacks / defence from the liths to asc. Not allying asc will only create drama. Its the sensibel thing for the alliance to do if they wish to end #2.
Personally I cant say I am too bothered, when the 3 other alliances cept from asc who got a chance at #1 barely attack asc / dont attack asc at all. None of them would have won anyway. I m more in favour of atleast being honest and allying asc, than do what CT do and just claim they will be part of something and then hit a gal with 1 asc or so.
Thats sort of how i see it, with afew other points aded.

I dont see a viable alternative other than allying Asc at this moment in time. If we was to join the block against Asc, we'd have to be 100% sure we can trust ND/CT/Evo/WAFHH/etc not to back out.. As we'd be essentially drawing all the incs from Asc (As we'd be there #1 contender) and cut all our ties with them. Unfortunalty, this community has proved time and time again that they arnt trustworthy to do that.. Due to the fact that as soon as ND/CT sniff victory or get threatend by Asc they'd back out.

Take yesturday for instance, the first night the block hit Asc hard.. It was also the night that has got most xVx incomings (Mainly from ND/CT if im not mistaken). Which just further shows the point that xVx has to ally Asc and that ND/CT really arnt into hitting Asc. If we cant trust the #3 and #4 alliances to join the fight with us against Asc, we really cant afford to put our faith into the block.

At first, i presumed xVx would just stay neutral in the war and not get involved unless forced to. However, as previous mentioned the first night of the block hitting Asc.. xVx got heavy incomings, so it became apparent that we had to join a side.

(Note: I have no real knowledge of xVx politics, These are just my opinions.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly View Post
Can I ask, as a totally neutral observer, what it is that Asc want from PA and the people who play?

Is it that you want an alliance to arise that will give you a run for your money?

Is it that you want to just totally dominate the game and everyone who plays it?

I see a lot of arguing and mud slinging on both sides, but I can never really figure out what it is that the Asc people want because all they spend time doing on the forums is defending themselves against the specifics of this argument or that argument rather than clarifying what they themselves want.
Asc wants to win, thats there goal. They would obviously like a challange to gain the #1 spot and dont just want to dominate without trying. For example, I'd guess that alot of Asc members would say they enjoyed last round alot, even though they had almost constant incomings for the majority of the round and almost lost it.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 10:05   #87
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
Cardinals bg joining xVx made it so damn obvious that xVx would be Asc puppets again this round. Ace move to have your members in other allies so they can suck out of gal defence from there, yet crossdef ingal with Ascendancy.
Just to explain what happened here:

Cardinal wanted to play a round with a lith bg in an alliance. First, he tried to get them into asc, but some people started voting against the prop, 'for being lith', or something like that. Cardinal then decided it was more important for him to play with the liths than to play with asc. He then talked to other alliances (atleast i believe it was several different ones) about joining with his bg, and ended up in xvx.

Does this mean asc carries a lot of influence in xvx? Perhaps. I've never been involved in politics and haven't really paid any attention to it the last 3 rounds, but i doubt this was the intention. Personally I believe we'd been better off with cardinal's bg in our own alliance, and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me. And without that BG, xvx would not have 90 members, and neither would it be among the top3 alliances, therefore their 'war effort' towards asc would be a lot less.

P.S. We also miss cardi as entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly View Post

I'm pretty sure most of us are just looking for entertainment. And for most of us, that would probably be a challenging round, like the last one. Even though I didn't take much part in it, it was obvious most people thought that was the best round they had seen for ages. However, for others, entertainment might be something totally different. Like blowing people's planet up.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 10:06   #88
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post

I dont see a viable alternative other than allying Asc at this moment in time. If we was to join the block against Asc, we'd have to be 100% sure we can trust ND/CT/Evo/WAFHH/etc not to back out.. As we'd be essentially drawing all the incs from Asc (As we'd be there #1 contender) and cut all our ties with them. Unfortunalty, this community has proved time and time again that they arnt trustworthy to do that.. Due to the fact that as soon as ND/CT sniff victory or get threatend by Asc they'd back out.

Take yesturday for instance, the first night the block hit Asc hard.. It was also the night that has got most xVx incomings (Mainly from ND/CT if im not mistaken). Which just further shows the point that xVx has to ally Asc and that ND/CT really arnt into hitting Asc. If we cant trust the #3 and #4 alliances to join the fight with us against Asc, we really cant afford to put our faith into the block.

At first, i presumed xVx would just stay neutral in the war and not get involved unless forced to. However, as previous mentioned the first night of the block hitting Asc.. xVx got heavy incomings, so it became apparent that we had to join a side.

(Note: I have no real knowledge of xVx politics, These are just my opinions.)

Asc wants to win, thats there goal. They would obviously like a challange to gain the #1 spot and dont just want to dominate without trying. For example, I'd guess that alot of Asc members would say they enjoyed last round alot, even though they had almost constant incomings for the majority of the round and almost lost it.

rofl. Ace excuses for attempting to get #2 rank when you finally even have a small chance of doing it.
Unread 6 May 2009, 10:08   #89
JonnyBGood
Banned

Hmm. I never like speaking too much for Ascendancy as a whole as I dislike that sort of mentality. Personally I'd like to see one alliance roughly the same size as us and roughly the same quality (as in not exactly the same but close enough that nobody would really be sure who was better) emerge and we fight them. Failing that anything I've never really done before with ascendancy might be interesting, a giant block war with 300 per side for example.
Unread 6 May 2009, 10:09   #90
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Er, I was just joking there? Regardless of what he says about ascendancy or wants to do about ascendancy or what the **** ever about ascendancy I like fuzzy and much like when we were twelve and tried to show how we liked girls I insult people in various over the top ways. I'd punch him on the arm and run off giggling as well but sadly the internet has not reached that stage of evolution yet.

Plus I was mostly burning you there man

I'm sure you'll tell me the same 10 posts from now again. I'll pretend to be shocked and saddened as well then

Edit: These blue sad smiley faces are really ****ing awesome.
manlove is a strange and strong thing man. I ll let you and fuzzy deal with it as you please<3 It wasnt aimed the post I quoted mainly though, more the previous posts earlier in this thread.
I thought it was a good thing to have no human emotions? thats what the childmolester told me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light

then again, if xvx had joined that night, like I asked them to, they wouldnt have gotten those incs from ND anyway. CT do what they see fit so I wont talk on their behalf here.
Also, I dont see xvx as the main contender this round in a war with asc. I see them loosing quite a few members ( liths ) and I think asc wouldnt bother much targetting them. Killing off nd/ct and the BGs would be their main goal I d say.

Quote:
Unread 6 May 2009, 10:29   #91
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

i support any actions that kills pa o/
btw this tread is a good indication why asc is better than the rest of the dorky nubs playing

really, you cant blame asc for your own inabillity to play it

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 10:40   #92
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

As a small addition.

A challenge is something you can make, not something that has to be given. .

I see people responding asc want a challenge? Ingredients are there, just use them correctly. A challenge means you will PROBABLY lose more roids then 3% .
Unread 6 May 2009, 10:42   #93
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1 View Post
i support any actions that kills pa o/
btw this tread is a good indication why asc is better than the rest of the dorky nubs playing

really, you cant blame asc for your own inabillity to play it
I dont think anyone disagree with that. People are atm blameing xvx for their inability to play!

Quote:
Unread 6 May 2009, 13:39   #94
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Just read through the thread with equal parts amusement and bewilderment. What did you guys think was going to happen when you all chose to become involved in small, personal projects? Did it occur to absolutely none of you that this may create a power vacuum?

Perhaps a little more to the point is that following the absolute kicking that we received from PT 72 onwards last round Ascendancy went into this round battle ready. People organised stuff and put stuff into place, preparing the trenches so to speak. In the meantime our entire opposition dissolved with many senior people choosing to play a more egocentric round in smaller, more organised BG's. You all made commitments to a plan, just like we did, but now you faggots are turning around and seriously suggesting we change ours because in hindsight yours turned out to be ****ing retarded?

Aaaaaaand you didn't stop there. And why would you? Sure, that would have been too ****ing easy altogether. Instead you made this debacle worse for yourselves in the only way possible by going to war with an alliance that was happy to galraid for the foreseeable future. And then you expected xVx to take the blame for it? What?

People here are trying very hard to make Ascendancy out to be the big, bad asshole. Be very careful what you wish for guys.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 13:50   #95
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Be very careful what you wish for guys.
Or the internet police is coming for your roids!

Quote:
Unread 6 May 2009, 13:57   #96
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Heh Wishy, fair point. I didn't mean to come across that way. I was trying to make the point that people are trying to stop a potential hegemony in week 5 by creating one in week 2 and that it doesn't make a lot of sense to do so. I could have been clearer.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 14:11   #97
Wishmaster
LDK

creating one now, or week 5. whats the difference really?
might aswell be bashed and have it over with, and enjoy a nice May month!

Quote:
Unread 6 May 2009, 14:18   #98
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
lol @ Ascendancy propaganda once again.

I say ruin the round for xVx for being muppets. Hit them all round, let the Ascendancy planets get the roids and win. Avoid even hitting cardinal and his m8's, just make sure that xVx are extremely punished for being muppets.

Did you just hand Asc the win?

If so, did or did not their strategy work?
Unread 6 May 2009, 14:45   #99
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Speaking purely for myself here, I was fully expecting Asc to come after our BGs last night after we hit them with a lot the night before. In fact I knew it was only a matter of time before they started hitting us even if we didn't hit them so I really didn't see the problem with us going after them first. The issue I see here is with xVx

I can't understand why they'd choose to ally Asc and come after our block of small allies at this time. Now I didn't really believe they'd be any real competition to beat Asc for the round but if they just wanted to fence to #2 and some decent planet ranks surely not directly joining either side would've been a smarter move. Now we know where they stand and that there's not even the smallest possibility anyone can beat Asc (yeah it was pretty small to start but there was a chance xVx could) there's not really any point in us hitting Asc anymore so we might just as well hit xVx for being idiots - which I hope we do asap tbh.

Oh and in before 'it's your own fault' and 'just cause your plan to avoid incs and fence to planet rank failed'.
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2009, 15:09   #100
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
I can't understand why they'd choose to ally Asc and come after our block of small allies at this time. Now I didn't really believe they'd be any real competition to beat Asc for the round but if they just wanted to fence to #2 and some decent planet ranks surely not directly joining either side would've been a smarter move. Now we know where they stand and that there's not even the smallest possibility anyone can beat Asc (yeah it was pretty small to start but there was a chance xVx could) there's not really any point in us hitting Asc anymore so we might just as well hit xVx for being idiots - which I hope we do asap tbh.

Oh and in before 'it's your own fault' and 'just cause your plan to avoid incs and fence to planet rank failed'.
Ermm. I dont understand your post?

How much have ND actually hit Asc? How much have CT actually hit Asc? As far as im aware they've only hit a couple of planets which could easily be classed as galaxy raiding. There's no real point in them hitting Asc anymore, as they havent really started.

Obviously, xVx's best chance to have a fun round was to just fence-sit but why do you think they havent chosen to do that? maybe its something to do with ND/CT consistently hitting them.

Also, as far as xVx joining the fight against the block.. xVx may be friendly (are they?) to Asc but they havent been targetting the BG's/ND/CT; They've just been galaxy raiding. I think im safe in saying, that alot of alliances feel that xVx has been targetting them, when in reality they havent. Its like from my view point, it seems as if ND/CT have been targetting xVx.

(Note: I know nothing of xVx's politics, these are just my opinions.. dont take this as xVx's official stance)
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote