User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:24   #1
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Land of Legacy: Chronicles

ooc: I ask that people refain from posting in this thread for the time being. I have many additional segments I need to add still that will become disjointed by others posting. if you have something you want to say, please say it in the "gauging interest" thread.

Thank you

(btw - I tend to re-write parts of what I have written when I am typing up stuff I have already handwritten so I tend to take additional time during this step of the process. I also have very limited time at present so please be patient - it is coming)

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:25   #2
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Origins

Our beginning starts in an existence before time, when the gods of order and chaos struggled in an eternal war with each other. From this we came, the latest creation of chaos, our purpose like all such creations – to see through the end of war through the final destruction of order. However, our early kin were proud and strong, and unlike their mindless chaotic brethren did not what to fight towards a total oblivion that would see them return to the void from whenst they came. So it was, in the greatest battle yet where both sides of the eternal struggle committed all of their power did our ancestors turn on their masters and helped bring about there defeat at the hands of order.

With the final victory of order over chaos, creation could finally take place as a whole. The gods of order brought about a universe from the void, and as a reward for there efforts our ancient ancestors were given a special place within it. This place is where you now sit, though it was much different way back when, at the beginning of time. Endless space, numerous game, the place was an ‘eden’ as you humans refer to it. Yet to our woe, even back then our chaotic nature worked to our undoing and disputes over this new land grew in number. So the gods of order selected the wisest of our kin and taught them the ways of order and law. The gods taught them how to organize and lead others through their wisdom rather than brute strength. Through these teachings they because our first council, later to be known as the council of elders. It is as such for as it has been long known wisdom comes from time, not skill.

Guided by the gods of order the council passed on their teachings and taught all our kin the ways of order and law. Through these ways our disputes were settled through wisdom, not strength; in peace, not violence. We developed respect, rational and tradition. Our chaotic nature was offset by these virtues and we learned to prosper in peace for many thousands of years…. Until the humans came and ultimately brought chaos back to the land.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:26   #3
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

The arrival of humanity

Do not get me wrong young ones. I am not suggesting that humanity is the source of all our problems, though I guess there are some that would. I am merely stating the fact that humanities arrival would ultimately doom us all, but it would be due to the failings of both our races brought to light though our combined stumbling. I will add however, that I personally think us dragons should’ve known better, I mean after all we were blessed by the gods of order themselves.

The first arrival of humans did not warrant much attention from us dragons. We thought that you were but another gift from the gods, a new source of food, a curiosity and nothing more. For a long time we had no idea humanity were also beginnings of order with the blessing of thought and the virtues of respect, rational and tradition. It would be some time before our kin and your kin would learn of our shared virtues.

Humanity is believed to have come from a far away place across the great western seas. How you got here is as big a mystery as where you came from for even the bravest dragon could only fly so far as to have to turn back for fear of never encountering land ever again. You settled in lands unknowingly already occupied by us and you claimed our unmolested feeding grounds as your own land. Our first meetings were not so great; we dragons mistook humanity as a new breed of game (I hear you are an acquired taste) and humans mistook dragon kind as yet another wild beast to be pushed back or tamed for the prosperity of order. To either race the other made sounds unintelligible, each of our languages unfamiliar to the other and as such the word of law could not be passed between us.

It would be sometime before order would intervene, ironically, through an act of chance.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 17 Aug 2007, 14:12   #4
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Re: Land of Legacy: Chronicles

This post is reserved - please do not delete

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 17 Aug 2007, 14:13   #5
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

This post is reserved - please do not delete (second... since when did we get all these anti-spam clauses hardwired in?)

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 17 Aug 2007, 14:14   #6
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

This post is reserved - please do not delete (third)

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 26 Aug 2007, 02:05   #7
Your Brains

Your Brains is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to play, but we're going to need more than just me and you, since you're the DM.

what are the character creation rules and stuff? this will be my very first role play.
Your Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 13:16   #8
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Brains
I want to play, but we're going to need more than just me and you, since you're the DM.

what are the character creation rules and stuff? this will be my very first role play.
I admire your enthusiasm, but please refrain from posting in this thread for the meantime as I am still setting up - for more info see the "Gauging Interest Thread".

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!