User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 22 Jan 2006, 14:45   #501
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Andromeda Pirates - The Succession Wars

(((stat nazi)))

the thing is that while you can use additional mounts as external or turret or shield or drive/engine mounts, you can't use those as additional mounts. unless you pull a bakan and go around the whole stat nazi & core rules system and talk with the powers that be (Lady Hawk) and get her to approve yer proposal.

(no offense bakan, it's just that you've done that several times now.... and dachi used to butcher us with his threads... it sounded good )

Last edited by Fluffie; 22 Jan 2006 at 15:58.
Fluffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 20:04   #502
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
(((stat nazi)))

the thing is that while you can use additional mounts as external or turret or shield or drive/engine mounts, you can't use those as additional mounts. unless you pull a bakan and go around the whole stat nazi & core rules system and talk with the powers that be (Lady Hawk) and get her to approve yer proposal.

(no offense bakan, it's just that you've done that several times now.... and dachi used to butcher us with his threads... it sounded good )
Ignore Fluffie, it's that time of the month where his crankiness and general bitchiness comes through cause this thread is the only thing he looks forward to in his insignificant little life otherwise he would go ahead and perform a sex change operation on himself with a rusty razor blade and a large man named bubba.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 21:41   #503
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Let's all continue to be nice to eachother. I'm sure Fluffie meant no harm.
He's right about the way mounts are used though; you can use additional mounts for whatever purpose, but you cannot use other mounts to take on the role of additional mounts. Anything that's 'special' or otherwise outside the rules will have to be approved of by Lady Hawk.

If you want some additional information about shipbuilding or generally RP'ing in this thread, I suggest you take a look at posts 416 to 433 on page 9 of this thread. There might be something useful there. Other than the minor flaw with the mounts, your ship is technically fine. Whether or not it will stand all the evil things that our beloved mistress Lady Hawk will throw at you, I wouldn't dare to say.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 21:50   #504
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hawk
MISSION

SURVIVAL OF THE TIMES

Location - VALMORRAN EXPANSE - near the HINTARO SYSTEM (one of the few star systems to survive on the edge of the EXCLUSION ZONE and the true begginings of the VALMORRAN EXPANSE

Reward - ????????

Name: Lt. Cmdr Pwenet Morgan

Ship Class: Exploration Fleet Carrier NEXI-34562 (Experimental Variation)
Ship Name:
Official: NEXI-34562

Unofficial: Long Jump

Sublight Engine:
Impulse Drive – 2000c – 1 Additional Mount

FTL Engine:
Starburst Drive: 1 Additional Mount

Defenses Systems:
Hull Armor External: Free
Hull Armor Internal: Free
Short-Range Flak Defense Grid: 8 Turret Mounts - c65000

Offensive Systems:
1x Milzin Shield-Breaker: 2 Turret Mounts, 6 Additional Mounts - c45000
5x Long-Range Flak Interceptor Turrets: 2 Shield Mount, 3 External Mount - c1500
3x Long-Tom Cannon: 15 External Mount - c8000
3x Point Rail-Guns: 4 External Mount, 8 Additional Mount – c5000

Fighters:
72x Viper Mark II Fighters: Included with hull
Seating a single pilot,
2 rail guns
2 torpedo launchers,

12x Stingray Mark III Fighter/bomber,
2 sets of projectile launchers. T
1 x light missiles,
1 x heavy bombs
2 rail-gun turrets top and bottom

Troops:
3x ADCT: 5000C
Advanced Damage Control Teams - They repair damage at 3x the normal rate.

Additional Systems
1 x Asgardaen Transporter: Free - 4 mounts
1 x Advanced Engineering Bay: 2 Additional Mount – c500

Helm - groan .... I hate that drive

you look around as you wake with the telltale headache from the STARBURST DRIVE all the other crew is also begginig to wake

a light on the arm of your command chair winks

EO - sir bad news we will not be able to do another STARBURST where ever we are we are stuck unless we can get back to base

SO - scanning

Comms - sir I have tried using the hailing frequencies - I am just getting static - no signs of any systems commonwealth activity

SO - ????

No1 - whats the problem then SO

SO - the stars are not right

No1 - not right, what do you mean the stars are not right ... stars are stars

SO - begins to lecture your No1 on room101 basic Astrogation

No1 - soooooo????

EO - interupts - all systems are green sir

No1 - WELL?????

SO - well according to the jump we are in the right place but the stars are ... well years out of place

all the crew now look at the SO

No1 - years out of place you mean we have

SO - yes we have done some time travelling sir ...... to the future!!!!!!!

there is stunned silence as the news shrinks in all that you knew is gone as the SO's words sink in

then your thoughts are interuppted as klaxxons sound

SO - sir looks like we are about to have a first encounter 3 ships of an uknown design closing fast - they have reaised sheilds and weapons are powered

SO - here are the scans sir

‘Century’ Class Heavy Destroyer
1 Crystalline Bio Hull

1 Gravometeric Defence Grid
1 AFD III
1 AMD III

Weapons
2 Light Ion Beams,
1 Heavy Mass Driver,
2 Medium Mass Drivers,
2 Laser Cannons,
2 Heavy Laser Cannons,
1 Needlemissile Battery
2 Standard Missile Batteries

Advanced ships computer
Deflector Dish
Lateral Sensor Array
Holo Deck
????
????
????

BATTLE STATIONS

Range - Extreme
Blinking his eyes open, Lt. Cmdr. Pwenet Morgan looked around the C&C of the Long Jump. Already crewmembers were returning to consciousness, those who were a little more slow slumped in their chairs, restrained by the chair restraints that held them up. Reaching up to his restraints with shaky hands that rapidly ceased their shakiness, Morgan unlatched his restraints and stood up, blinking away his nausea. The Starburst drive was not suppose to cause these symptoms, but when it came to unusually long jumps, as they discovered when the ship was thrown far from it’s home galaxy, the shock to the human body rendered them unconscious. This time preparations were made when they made the return jump, but it still was a discontenting experience.

Morgan: “All stations, status report.”

Morgan’s executive officer, or more rather the Long Jump strategic operations officer, who Morgan drafted to executive officer, since he himself was suppose to be the nightshift executive officer, essentially three steps below the commander of the vessel, starting calling various sections of the ship, checking their status. Yet the initial launch of the Long Jump was suppose to be a short jump, a shakedown of the Starburst drive and various other systems. Instead, the undercrewed and underequiped ship was thrown to a far off galaxy, far from home and anything resembling home. Shaking his head, Morgan grunted to himself as he tried to shake off the memories. Flashbacks were another symptom of extended Starburst travel.

”Bride, engineering. Power reserves are returning to nominal, however the Starburst drive is down cycling. We will be unable to utilize it for a while.”

Morgan: “Confirmed. Tactical, I want a full scan of the system. Navigation, I want us to sync with a Commonwealth locsat and send a hail, informing them of our status.”

Communications: “That’s strange, I’m not detecting anything on the standard bands. Only static.”

Tactical: “Something is wrong, Sciences, take over.”

The sole science officer, McBarry, who was drafted into the position cause of his 2 year assignment as a science lab assistant before switching to FTL theory, stating working his console while rubbing his head, fighting off his own headache.

Science: “Our spatial coordinates according to the navigation computer says we were where we initially left this galaxy. Plotting out star locations, this is strange. Give me a minute.”

Executive Officer: “I have a bad feeling about this. I recommend taking the ship to condition 2 and have the fighters readied.”

Flight Officer: “I got confirmation from the CAG, pilots are ready.”

Morgan: “I agree. Go to condition 2, extend the flight pods. McBarry, where are we?”

Science Officer: “Give me a fraking minute. Okay, it’s not a matter of where but when. Computer is almost there…….. frak me.”

Morgan: “What is it?”

Science Officer: “This is not right. According to the navigation computer, we have traveled approximately…. Scratch that, unable to determine. We are in the future, at least a centaury from the time we left, if not more. The computer is having trouble with the calculations.”

Tatical Officer: “Dradas contact, reading three unidentified ships, bearing in. They are at extreme sensor range.”

Morgan: “Lock down all sensors, no details. Communications, narrow band transmission to them, inform them that we are temporally displaced.”

Science Officer: “What the, I’m reading weapon lock-ons. They are targeting us.”

Executive Officer: “I think we can scratch the temporal directives.”

Morgan: “Agreed. Go to condition one. Hail them again asking who they are and their intentions.”

With the ship condition set to condition one, short alarm burst are heard throughout the ship. Personal rush between sections before sealing them off. Fighter pilots jump into their fighters while deckcrews maneuver them into the launch tubes. Outside the ship, the five massive Long-Range Flak Interceptor Turret lift up from the hull, swiveling towards the incoming ships. The three Long-Tom Cannons also deploy from the hull, mauvering for target lock.

Inside the C&C, the shipboard Marines seal off the command center, which is buried deep within the superstructure of the ship. Personal strap themselves to their chairs, with the sounds of multiple conversations filling the chamber as the various sections communicate.

Flight Officer: “Commander, Vipers ready for launch.”

Tactical Officer: “Weapons online and confirmed. Flak defense grid ready for activation.”

Communications Officer: “All stations report set to Condition One.”

Morgan: “Navigation, maneuver us with parallel to the incoming ships. Narrow aspect. Communication, maintain hails. Flight, prepare for Viper launch.”

Summary
  • Hail incoming ships.
  • Ready ship systems for battle.
  • Have Fighters ready for instant launch.
  • Maneuver ship presenting narrow profile to incoming ships while moving perpendicular to them.
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 17:33   #505
Nakartai
Local Young'un

Nakartai is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thnx for the pointers
i'll go try fix it now

Done now
have a look fluffie

yeh im not sure how i'll hold up, but i'd like to try, mayby even sticking to the one ship
you think its feasable?

Last edited by Nakartai; 23 Jan 2006 at 17:44.
Nakartai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 18:56   #506
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Your ship looks ok to me. Since you have 1 unused external mount and some spare cash, might I suggest, you use that to get yourself some fighters or missiles (you can stockpile warheads in your cargobay so you can always get more than you have mounts for).
You certainly have an original and daring design. It's not something I would like to use as I like big ships with big cannons over daring and original design.
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 19:50   #507
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

i'm too lazy to extensively check it over... but if the young statnazi UQ approves, it is probably a-ok
and like UQ says, original and daring. should be fun, but just like UQ, i'm more the violent kind of man
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 21:38   #508
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

i see many "weapons" not listed in many ships design.. are they just make up weapons or is there a list i do not know about? cause for sure i necver saw shield breaker tech, or some other weapons some of you use.. lol.. should i be creating my own designed weapons?
if anything let me know.. so i can expand ideas..

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 21:49   #509
Nakartai
Local Young'un

i tried to go for a more single ship, capable of taking on smaller things, guarding bigger things, and running like hell when something too tough shows up

oh and one with some slightly different equipment

thnx once again for the info, will look into it

done, i got some medium fighters and a pair of neutron shields (i assume 2 to 1 shield mount, means 2 shields take one mount?)

Last edited by Nakartai; 23 Jan 2006 at 22:04.
Nakartai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 01:46   #510
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

correct on the neutron shields nakartai

and rop1964, yeah... during the earlier threads some of us worked our way into positions where we earned the liberty of creating some custom equipment by either inthread (just being damn glorious and so ) or outo f thread (maintaining websites, creating new races and ship designs for LH to use) work. although nowadays it seems if you have good ideas and talk to LH and convince her to give you the liberty of allowing you to do so, you could be allowed to do so...
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 04:12   #511
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- Not the best of posts, I'm sure, but I'm rather ill, so blame my sickness -OOC

* Lisa, second in command and currently acting captain of The Outcast, was standing near the airlock and watched the small transport shuttle through one of the nearby windows. The shuttle would be returning Dr. Burnham from his banquet aboard the Dragon Wing and Lisa was waiting for it to dock. A few minutes later, the doors slid open and Dr. Ebenezer Burnham walked through. Since he had never been part of any military organisation and as such, didn't have a uniform, he had put on his smartest suit for the occasion. Lisa gasped as she saw all the different stains of food and drink that made his best suit look like a patched quilt.

Burnham: "Hello Lisa. I expect you're glad to see me back all in one piece, aren't you? Do be so good as to order the kitchen to prepare me a good solid meal with an appropriately refreshing drink. I'm absolutely starving."

No1: "What-what happened? There's food and drink all over you! Did those blasted Shraanians do this to you? Command carrier or not, just say the word and I'll have the biophasers charged and ready in no time!"

Burnham: "What? Oh good heavens no! The Shraanians were actually quite polite about it. I did this to myself."

* Lisa looked at her captain with disbelief in her eyes.

No1: "You?? Did this?? To yourself?? Why??"

Burnham: "Because this was the only way I could take the food and drink with me without raising suspicion. They had a multitude of snacks and beverages laid ready for captain Killer and me. Most of it looked expensive, but pretty edible. That Lady Hawk certainly knows how to look after herself. However, I do not trust these people and so I ate and drank nothing. Oh, I pretended to eat and drink, but I would always find a way to accidentally spill my drink or drop my piece of toast. I was, of course, the laughing stock of the entire ship, silly as I was. Oh yes, I definately think clumsy Dr. Burnham made a very memorable impression, especially on their pate. They're all thinking I am a complete dolt on a ship with a retarded crew. No offence."

No1: "None taken."

Burnham: "Like I said, I don't trust that Lady Hawk and if she thinks I'm an idiot, all the better. If it will ever come to a confrontation with her, she will think I'm just a harmless fool that got lucky once and I won't be considered much of a threat. She focussed most of her attention on captain Killer anyway. Speaking of whom, I do not think my act convinced him, since we have been communicating a lot before and during tht battle, but he played along nicely, probably wondering what my game was."

No1: "Very cunning, Sir. Shall I take your suit to Larry and have him run tests on the stains to check for anything out of the ordinary?"

Burnham: "Yes. That was the initial idea. And while he's at it, let him take a look at this, see if there's anything useful on it."

* Dr. Burnham took at small scanning device from his pocket and gave it to Lisa.

Burnham: "I made a few basic scans and pictures of the systems and the interior of that command carrier. It's so easy to get lost in a big ship like that while looking for the restroom to freshen up yourself. There's also a few recordings from low ranking technicians. It's absolutely amazing how forthcoming they are about the workings and complexity of ship systems and their 'important' roles towards people that aren't as technical as they are."

No1: "Very good thinking, Sir. I'll instruct Larry to have a look at it while you freshen up."

* A short hour later, Dr. Burnham, once again wearing clean clothes, stepped onto the bridge of his ship. In contrast to most other military ships, nobody here stood attention as the captain entered a room. This wasn't out of disrespect, because people had initially tried it, but Dr. Burnham had quickly told them that he'd rather have his crew focuss their attention on their jobs than on him.

Burnham: "So Lisa, what's our status?"

No1: "All repairs have been completed and we're testing the modifications we made to the ship. Also, our two newest additions The Hope and The Glory are fully operational and waiting for your orders."

Burnham: "Very good. Lady Hawk has decided that this system will function as a base from which they will spread their Shraanian revolution. She said it will be our job to take the system while she will lure away the bulk of their defensive fleet. I don't like it, but I don't think we have much choice in the matter, so I want everyone to think of a potential plan while Larry and Letice will perform the necessary scans for planetary defences and analyse their fleet strength. I shall soon be having a private conversation with captain Killer. He knows Shraan and he knows the system and he has been put in charge of the entire operation. Larry, have you yet taken a look at the stuff I brought back from The Dragon Wing?

SO: "Eh, no Dr. Burnham. I've, eh, been doing other things."

Burnham: "Other things? Such as? And what was on that screen you just switched off?"

SO: "Screen? What screen?"

Burnham: "The one you're now desperately trying to conceal by pressing your back against it."

SO: "Oh. You mean that screen! Err, there's really nothing important there to see, Dr. Burnham."

Burnham: "Nevertheless, I think I would really like to see for myself what it is that you say is really not important."

SO: "Really captain, I don't think..."

Burnham: "Larry!"

SO: "Right. Right you are then, Dr. Burnham. I was looking at these."

* With a sigh, Larry switched the screen back on and showed Dr. Burnham what he was looking at.

Burnham: "What are those?"

SO: "Umm, I've been downloading holopictures from the galactinet."

Burnham: "Can you enlarge them? I can't quite make out what they are supposed to represent."

SO: Ummm, I'm not sure that..."

Burnham: "Larry!"

SO: "Right. Right you are then, Dr. Burnham. Here you go."

Burnham: "I see. I didn't know the human body was capable of achieving such positions. And... hey! I know that guy! I saw him back on Ankaa! He was captain of some heavy cruiser I forgot the name of and he said we was going on some borg mission together with a friend of his! Now what was his name again? I'm sure it started with an F."

SO: "Correct. The name you're looking for is captain Fluffie, Sir. When he's not out pirating, he does stuff like this. It's actually his major source of income as pirating is more a hobby than a real job to him. In the industry the call him 'The Elephantman'. It's because of his extremely large..."

Burnham: "Yes, yes. I can see that for myself, thank you."

TO: "Yo, that ain't real!"

SO: "Well he claims it's all natural and..."

To: "Aint real, I tell ya!"

Burnham: "How can you tell?"

TO: "I can tell cos he ain't no black dude!"

------------------------
ACTIONS:

- Test stains of food and drink from The Dragon Wing on Burnham's clothes for anything out of the ordinary.
- Analyse the scans, pictures and recordings on the scanner and see if it yields any informationthat could be used against Lady Hawk at some point in a possible future.
- Scan the system for planetary defences and enemy fleet strength.
- Try to come up with a battle plan and consult with captain Killer.

Last edited by Ur_Quan; 24 Jan 2006 at 15:58. Reason: typo
Ur_Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 23:05   #512
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

posts with me (or my name) in it, are always good...

and i didn't know i was into... that... kind of stuff...
the original fluffie used to do movies, but he wasn't called the Elephant Man... he was called Darth Fluffie, right hand of the Kipire, DESTROYER OF ALLLLLLLL!@!!!!!!1111321 it were movies about stuff being blown up really

don't confuse my pure, thoroughly good characters with my dirty, real life personality
Unread 28 Jan 2006, 02:27   #513
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

fluffie had drinks

fluffie will post soon!
Unread 28 Jan 2006, 04:01   #514
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

When you were having your drinks, did you give some to your buddy Bubba, Elephant Man?

P.S.: Don't forget to post. We'll be watching you.
Unread 28 Jan 2006, 13:51   #515
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

i don't know the english way of saying it, so dutch a go go go goooo!

ik moest flink schooien want ik had geen geld... dus voor bubba erbij schooien zo wel te gek worden he

anyhow, it was a good night. i think like eight beer, one malibu coke and a lot of cigarettes without me paying for it. plus a friend of mine drove so we didn't have to walk to the other side of our weeeee small town

a good night

i shall post when i have inspiration, i have writers block
Unread 28 Jan 2006, 14:58   #516
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

posts need to be done and will commence sunday/monday

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2006, 20:57   #517
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

"Hey that's a nice shoe... I have, I have a pair, just,,,. like,,, DAMNIT"

Sharp paints quickly snapped him back to some hard truthes. Having been rather attached to his knees, he glanced at the bloodied stumps he was left with as he tried to pull himself up in the chair.

"At least they've left me something to sit with". He said wincing again and forced a supportive, but rather battered smile to the remaining bridge crew. Before catching the supreme close up on the Borg Scout being displaced onscreen. Close enough to make out Borg drones moving about in the mess of scaffold and hullpiece.

"Do we still have the power for this? Execute the signal plan now, set them up all your virus computer !"

Linking in with the other half of the fleet amidst the sparking smolding bridge the final key to this insane run starts to turn.

"Give Fluffie the all clear, we've done what we can, it's up to him now...

Engine room, full reverse, I don't care how you do it, but try not to leave us anymore adrift... and someone put those legs on ice~"

*His mind starts to wander and feeling a little faint from blood loss finds a little comfirm with just a quick nap, yes he'll just close his eyes for a second... damn those rookie engineers, where is he going to... pancakes... some tennis balls and Zzzzzzzz

Summary
Complete the suicide run with as few fireworks as possible
Start backing the ship away from the scoutship.
Declare the necessary medical emergencies on the ship
Think some happy thoughts
Unread 29 Jan 2006, 21:34   #518
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Warren – “Alright boys and girls, lets hang back and silence our guns for the moment, don’t want to kill the captain, do we?”

Helm – “That’d be bad karma sir, bad karma.”

Warren – “Indeed it would be. So lets hang back, wait for word from the captain and standby to deliver the virus in unison with the science ship.”

EO – “Boy, never knew those could take that much of a whipping...”

WO – “I bet it’s Kipire made, Ios dockyards.”

Warren – “Who knows, ey? Comms, relay my orders to the Police Cruisers please?”

Comms – “On it.”

SO – “Standing by, waiting for science ship’s lead.”

//

Marine - "We've breached their defenses!"

Marine Commander - "Alright, move out!"

The two Companies head out (due to being onboard the enemy ship), one led by Fluffie, the other by the MC. Fluffie's was headed for the bridge, the MC's for engineering.

Leading his Company, Fluffie felt the urge to squash, murder, butcher and straight out just to kill any bug in sight.

It didn't take long.

The first bug sighting was over rather quickly though. The shadowy silhouette of a buggy creature looming from just around the corner told Fluffie and his Marines enough and not at all much later, two 'nades (made for on-ship action, as in, not to blow the whole thing up, just what's inside ) rolled away from the group and around the corner.

Silently counting to five, Fluffie cracked like a whip and jumped around the corner not even a full second after the blast had done its job.

But there was still something standing, maybe in the process of collapsing.

Again, it didn't take Fluffie long. Drawing his Pulse Pistol and stretching his arm fully before firing for style purposes, whatever kind of bug it was before - it was now a dead one.

Some encounters later, one heavier than the other as the Bugs most likely started realising what was happening, Fluffie's Company got to the bridge.

Marine - "Looks... Sturdy."

Marine - "Closed even?"

Marine - "Yeah."

"Blow it out."

Marines - *chuckle*

As the Marines got to work on placing some friendly neighbourhood explosives, some watched their backs, others just reloaded. Fluffie though, clicked the commlink button, opening a channel to his MC.

"Report."

MC - *crackle* "Nearing engineering sir. Looks like they've dug in well."

"Aye. We're about to blow out the door to their bridge."

MC - "Never the subtle one, you. I'll at least try and minimize the damage done to engineering then, ok?"

"Hehe alright. Tell your men to be ready for any possible blackout, it might be me, or it might be the boys outside sending that virus."

MC - "Right. MC out."

Again, not much later because it didn't take too long, something exploded onboard the Chrono Borg ship. And yes, in fact, this time it was the door to the bridge.

Grinning widely, Fluffie stepped in through the still smoking gap, Pulse Pistol in one, Overwatch Standard Issue in the other hand. Leveling his lovelies, he opened fire.

Stuff, bugs, was dying and it wasn't really him.

[See? Bad post. Continued writers block. But you get the general idea.
My fingers are too cold to type.]

Summary
The Heavy Cruiser and the two Police Cruisers stay in formation but hold back, not firing. They are ready for the linking up and sending the virus part. They do some repairs and try not to get fired upon.

Fluffie and his Marines board. One Company goes to Engineering to secure the power aboard the ship, the second Company, the one Fluffie is with, goes to the Bridge. After the Bridge and Engineering have been secured, a ship wide sweep begins. Most bugs found are killed, some just crippled/disabled and then gathered and guarded somewhere for possible future questioning.

Last edited by Fluffie; 2 Feb 2006 at 15:19.
Fluffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2006, 22:43   #519
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Larry, my Science Officer, informs me that watching pictures of naked beautiful ladies does wonders against intellectual constipation, so maybe you could try that?
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 10:44   #520
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

I've been "involved" with "that kind of thing but not exactly that again" last night, last weekend and some other lasts ... .

It didn't work.

All I could think of was i am going to hell

and now i have to go back to tilburg by train and do college thingies and cook and shizzle so i won't have time to post by tonight.

looking at what i did above though
it's about the same quality as my other posts, just less quantity, isn';t it? so it gotta count for something
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 13:39   #521
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

i aint forgot - the posts will be done this weekend - i had to do some scripts for some new sci fi shows - i still need to work

Unread 3 Feb 2006, 00:41   #522
Bakan
To Old to Die......

I'm going to be here more often.

Got fired from work today.
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 01:55   #523
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

poor bakan.. sorry for the news.. hope you ll get back on your feet.. good luck!

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 04:08   #524
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- Since we haven't been DMed yet, I decided to do an extra bonus post. Who knows, maybe I'll get some extra bonus points for it, eh? -OOC

* Dr. Burnham was sitting in his chair on the bridge of The Outcast. He was considering the imminent attack on the Frodan system and wondered if this was a wise thing to do. There'd be a civil war; lots of people would die and he'd be one of those responsible. It was then that he suddenly became aware of the voice. Someone was talking to him. He looked up and stared into Lisa's face who looked slightly concerned.

Burnham: "Eh? What?"

No1: "I asked if you were alright. I've been standing here and trying to get your attention for the past three minutes."

Burnham: "Sorry. I was just thinking. Anyway, what was it that you wanted?"

No1: "We have successfully completed all the tests on the new modifications to our ship. All systems are now fully operational and the crew is awaiting your orders."

Burnham: "Well done. Compliment the crew on their excellent work. Seeing I still have to talk to captain Killer about how we're going to handle this situation and the crew can have a few hours of rest and relaxation. They will need to get into action again soon enough."

No1: "Yes Sir. They'll be happy with the news. They've worked hard and can do with some rest."

Burnham: "Right. Then I think it's time I had a little chat with mister Killer. Kimberly open a secure channel to The Gripstar please."

Comms: "Channel open."

Burnham: "Greetings, captain Killer. Since you will be the one in charge of this operation, I was wondering if you have yet thought of a plan? Personally, I don't think that the plan that was proposed by Lady Hawk, will work. The Shraanians in this system are used to pirates, surely they won't be so stupid as to send their entire fleet in pursuit of a few brigands and leave their planets virtually defenceless? There's only one good thing to her plan and that's her leaving the system. Besides, I'm sure the people on the planet have kept track of our recent skirmish with her and they will start wondering what happened to us when they don't see us leaving the system. In my opinion there are two ways to go about this; we could try to avoid unnecessary bloodshed and use diplomacy to convince the planetary leaders to join our cause. However, if they refuse, we are likely to have a massacre on our hands, which is why I favour the alternative; a swift strike against their most important defences. If we can take those out fast, the rest of them are likely to go down as well. There will, of course, be some casualties, but it won't turn into a bloodbath. The downside of this option is that such a sneak attack on your own people will probably cost you your reputation. It is up to you to decide which is more important to you."

------------------------
ACTIONS:

- The crew is complimented on their good work and they may relax for a few hours so that their spirits are lifted and they are fully rested for their next battle.
- Discusss combat options with captain Killer on a secure, private channel.
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 15:40   #525
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

Cid was in his own quarters and reveiwing the system map within his study when the commlink buzzed from the table. Cid sighed and pressed the button to turn the device on, knowing exactly what it would be.

Comms: Hail from Dr. Burnham, sir.
Cid: Patch him through...
Comms: Aye, sir!

Cid sat and listened to Dr. Burnham, waiting until he finished before even speaking.

Cid: Diplomacy may be the best course of action, the planet is far from Remnant Central and may have become very independant of itself. However, diplomacy is best made during battle, as is the Shraanian way of things. We a warmongers, Dr. Burnham, we pride ourselves in a battle and expect our opposition to be the same. In this case we are against Shraanians whom have seen enough pirates come and go to not care about a diplomatic message, therefore we must fight them until they surrender their hold over this system.

Cid left a small moments pause for this to sink in.

Cid: A swift attack may be our best option, attack them when they least expect it so to speak. Since we cannot use FTL drives within the system we will have to take a different approach and use sublight engines instead. Our primary target is the space station, it must be either disabled or taken over by any means neccessary, personally I would prefer it to be intact and functional by the time it reaches our hands. All defencive ships are to be taken also, no sense in destroying valuable ships as well as killing those whom would be willing to surrender to our cause.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2006, 06:40   #526
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

* Dr. Burnham listened carefully to what captain Killer had to say before replying.

Burnham: "So you prefer the swift assault option as well. Excellent. Then it seems we agree about the kind of tactics to be employed. Approaching a space station undetected will be a bit of problem since I believe neither one of us has a cloaking device, but I think I may have a solution to tackle that problem. However, before I discuss it with you, I would like to comment on your remark about capturing ships intact. Captain Killer, I do not want you to get the wrong impression about me, so I want you to know that I take pride nor joy in needless killing and senseless destruction. However, I will not take any absurd risks and jeopardise my ship, my crew and myself to reduce casualties on the enemy's side."

* Dr. Burnham paused for a moment to take a deep breath before continuing to speak.

Burnham: "Now, let's talk about my idea to approach the station undetected. I am sure that the arrival of a fast attack carrier and a commander carrier escorted by nearly a dozen destroyers has attracted the attention of a lot of weary eyes and jumpy feet that won't relax until they see all those ships leaving the system again. Therefore, I suggest that we hide our ships in he asteroid field while your 'secret admirer' aboard The Dragonwing leaves the system while generating false sensor readings so that anyone scanning them, will think we have gone with her. Then she is to wait just out of sensor range until we tell her to come back. Now that the system's defenders are less on edge, we will execute the next phase of the plan. These people live near an asteroid field, so I expect it will be common for them to see an asteroid escape the field's gravational pull every now and then and they won't worry about it too much unless it is on a collision course. Now, if I'm correct, you are in control of two asteroid bases with mass drivers. I suggest you let them pick a big enough asteroid and let them gently shoot it, not exactly at, but a little off, the space station while we fly our ships just behind the asteroid with our engines and most of our systems powered down so that we do not show up on any readings if they scan the asteroid. Once we're close enough to the space station, we will come power up our systems again and leave our hiding place to launch a surprise attack on the station. I agree it will be a bit tricky, but if we all do our best, I am confident that it will work. Besides, I do not know how else we could approach the station undetected."
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 12:18   #527
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

Cid pondered at the thought of the asteroid idea and looked at the holomap on his desk before speaking.

Cid: It will be a few planets ahead so it would take some time calculating the asteroid push, taking note of planetary gravity as well as the gravity made by the star itself. However I do beleive such a strategy would work and is probably the only real strategy we have. I know about the capture idea and I know it sounds absurd, however I do wish to take some ships for my own, granted not all of them as that would be an impossible suicide mission. If there is no option other than destroying all our opposition, then that would be the course we take, I would not wish to cause any more casualties than neccessary.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 15:52   #528
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: Post coming soonish

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 20:23   #529
Nakartai
Local Young'un

can my ship be approved by LH sometime as i need to know if its ok before i continue posts

oh, any anyone know what days DMing is done?
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 23:32   #530
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

DMing is usually once every 2 weeks, but sometimes, like now, it takes a while longer. Your ship will probably be approved when the lady gets round to DMing. You can, however continue to post as LH isn't as picky as Master Kama, the Fluffmeister and wee me when it comes to ships. And even if your ship is not approved, you can make any compulsory changes after you have started to play. In my experience nobody has ever made an issue out of that yet.
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:57   #531
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

now thats true

Unread 10 Feb 2006, 16:39   #532
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hawk
Mission 1

ARMS SMUGGLING

Location - Delivere Arms to the warring worlds of ALSARE PRIME - Valmoran Sector
Distance - 20 light years away

Rewards - 10000c

Also possible Trade Link to be set up if succesfful (90% of mission objectives completed)

1 - Hewitt

they are 2 Bulk Frieghters with no weapons (for extra cargo space) but they have shields

COPPITT 1

COPPITT 2

Remaining Fuel - 90%
All Systems - Green

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are 1 light year into the edge of the EXCLUSION ZONE

Ship Specs -

Brigand Class Destroyer Leader
1150 tonnes hold

Shields (6):
x2 Heavy Shield (6)

Weaponry (14+6=20):
x1 Gatling Phaser 9 (20)

External (10):
N/A

Additional (10):
x6 Weaponry Mount (6)
x2 Drive Mount (2)

x1 Medium Hull Armour Plating (1)
x1 Advanced AI Ships Computer (1)

Drives (1+2=3):
x1 Cold Fusion Drive (1)
x1 Impulse Drive (1)

x1 Hyper Drive (1)

Your ships

Ship Name - The Wanderer

Ship Hull
Heavy Cruiser - c 50000
Extra Hull
10 shield mounts
30 turret mounts
10 external mounts
20 additional mounts
7000 tonnes cargo hold

Ship Engines
Primary
1x Impulse Drive (1 engine mount) - 2000c

Secondary
4x Cold Fusion Drive (4 additional mounts) - 800c

FTL
2x Hyperdrives (2 additional mounts) - 600c

Ship Armour (Heavy Cruiser type - up to 3 hulls permitted)
Tri-layered Heavy Armour Plating (3 additional mounts) - 15000c

Ship Shields
3x Heavy Shield Generators (9 shield mounts) - 3000c
1x Meta Shielding (1 shield mount) - 6000c

Ship Weapons
Point defence
1x AFD (2 turret mount) - 150c
1x AFD II (4 turret mounts) - 500c
1x AMD III (4 turret mounts) - 500c

Main Batteries
1x Particle Cannon (8 turret mounts + 2 additional mounts) - 3000c
4x Photon Cannons (8 turret mounts) - 6000c
4x Light Blaster Cannons (2 turret mounts) - 2000c
2x Light Ion Cannons (2 turret mounts) - 2000c

Missile Banks
8x Gravatic Missile Launchers (8 external mounts, 48 missile salvo capacity) - 800c
4x EMP Missile Launchers (4 external mounts, 80 missile salvo capacity) - 800c

Ship Systems
Onboard computer systems
Advanced AI Ships Computer (1 additional mount + 1 tonne of cargo space) - 250c
Advanced AI Upgrade (1 additional mount + 10 tonnes cargo) - 500c
Advanced Tactics Computer (1 additional mount) - 400c
Advanced Tactics Computer Upgrade (1 additional mount + 10 tonnes cargo space) - 800c

Sensors
Deflector Dish (1 additional mount) - 300c
Lateral Sensor Array (1 additional mount + 3 external mounts) - 500c

Other
Advanced Engineering Bay (2 additional mounts) - 500c
Advanced Ship Probes (1 additional mount, 20 probes) - 50c
5x Armoured Escape Pods (5 external mounts, 100 launch tubes) - 500c

Ship Security
1x Marine Company (1 ton) - 500c
9x Infantry Companies (9 tonnes) - 900c

Ship Cargo
1x Case of Advanced Ship Probes (1 ton, 20 probes) - 50c
16x Clips of Gravatic Missile reloads (16 tonnes, 96 missiles) - 1600c

BATTLE STATIONS

Battle Range - Long

Helm - aye sir course laid in

SO - runing scans sir so we are not surprised

New No1 - Well lloks like we mat have to ride this one out

MC - traitorous scum - when i get him (evul grin)

MD - aye sir we are on the case

Comms - message sent to the Merchant Commander

TO - would be best if we do concentrate on one ship sir as caluclations show that the Merchants can take some pumeling sir

Comms - incoming message sir

Merch Capt - Well it will take us some time but i am sure we can jury rig something together from the parts we have

EO - power diverted sir

om screen your ships break formation and cause the two Praetorian Gaurd ships to break up as well

TO - they fell for it

on screen you open up with your weapons on the ship pursuing you

Enemy Ships

forward shield 60%
forward port shield 60%
forward starboard shield 60%
port shield 60%
starboard shield 60%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Meduim Hull Damage
Serious Internal Damage

Manuverability -50%
Weapon power -25%

Life support -30%

She has slowed down and may be classed as A SITTING DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
forward starboard shield 90%
port shield 90%
starboard shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Your Ship

Hewitt -
Foward shield - 80%
Forward Port shield - 80%
foward starboard shield 90%
port shield - 80%
starboard shield 90%
aft port shield - 80%
aft starboard shield 90%
aft shield - 80%

Light hull damage
light internal damage

-5% weapon power
-10% Secondary systems

NPC Ships

Coppitt 1 -

Coppitt 2 -
ooc: this space reserved for ultra-nifty space-o-batics and stuff. Summary to be used if space is not filled before DM date.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary

- Wanderer fires all operational weapons at the bridge section of the now crippled ship.

- For the above, a weapons lock is acquired first and the opportunity to take careful aim is taken

- Weapons used: 4 photon cannons, 4 light blaster cannons, 1 (working) ion cannon... and both the AFD II and AMD III weapon systems.

- Continue charging the particle cannon.

- Continue construction of jury-rigged defenses
(following for plot purposes)
COPPITT 1
4 Concealment tanks into remotely controlled fixed batteries,
Weapons available if successful - 4 Proton Cannons, 4 Plasma Batteries
To be fired from random vacated cargo area.

COPPITT 2
Missile platforms built from random parts
Weapons available if successful - ? Heavy Missile Launchers, ? Medium Missile Launchers, ? Light Missile Launchers

Other
Onboard soldiers to assist in casuality collection and search for any more bombs that maybe onboard
Engineering personnel to make repairs where possible and assist in the search and defusing of any other bombs that maybe onboard
All excess power to engines (if there is any )

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 23:30   #533
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

Heeheheh.... i think i may just throw my lot into the pot... after all... whats there to lose?

----------------------------

Hehe.. Anyone looking to hire a 4 ship fleet?

EDIT: Changed my mind about this, see my next post for ship details, 4 weak ships proably won't do THAT well after all...

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.

Last edited by ASME; 11 Feb 2006 at 15:01.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 00:51   #534
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Although it is your own choice, I wouldn't recommend this setup. Apart from the fighters and the torpedoes, your main ship has only one cannon that can fire only once every 3 turns (provided it doesn't get damaged or whatever) and is rather inaccurate (small ships will be very difficult to hit, whereas big ships will probably obliterate you).

The weapons and especially the shields and armour on those three FTL scouts are a tad on the light side. Fast as they may be, I think they will get turned into scrap metal pretty easily.

My compliments for your original ship design, but (and this is just my opinion, not a fact) I'm afraid you won't stand much of a chance against most of the nasties in the Andromeda universe. If you really want more than one ship, try two slightly bigger ones, so you don't have to spend so much money on buying engines, shields and armour for all your shiphulls.

P.S.: I really really really like your signature.

P.P.S: There's a typo. Your ship #4 is labeled as ship#2
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 13:55   #535
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

You shoulda seen his original design... The first FTL scout had nothing but an AFD III, the second had nothing but an AMD III and the third had 3 pulse phasers

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 14:59   #536
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Mission 1

ARMS SMUGGLING

Location - Delivere Arms to the warring worlds of ALSARE PRIME - Valmoran Sector
Distance - 20 light years away

Rewards - 10000c

Also possible Trade Link to be set up if succesfful (90% of mission objectives completed)

1 - Hewitt

they are 2 Bulk Frieghters with no weapons (for extra cargo space) but they have shields

COPPITT 1

COPPITT 2

Remaining Fuel - 90%
All Systems - Green

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are 1 light year into the edge of the EXCLUSION ZONE

Ship Specs -

Brigand Class Destroyer Leader
1150 tonnes hold

Shields (6):
x2 Heavy Shield (6)

Weaponry (14+6=20):
x1 Gatling Phaser 9 (20)

External (10):
N/A

Additional (10):
x6 Weaponry Mount (6)
x2 Drive Mount (2)

x1 Medium Hull Armour Plating (1)
x1 Advanced AI Ships Computer (1)

Drives (1+2=3):
x1 Cold Fusion Drive (1)
x1 Impulse Drive (1)

x1 Hyper Drive (1)

Your ships

Ship Name - The Wanderer

Ship Hull
Heavy Cruiser - c 50000
Extra Hull
10 shield mounts
30 turret mounts
10 external mounts
20 additional mounts
7000 tonnes cargo hold

Ship Engines
Primary
1x Impulse Drive (1 engine mount) - 2000c

Secondary
4x Cold Fusion Drive (4 additional mounts) - 800c

FTL
2x Hyperdrives (2 additional mounts) - 600c

Ship Armour (Heavy Cruiser type - up to 3 hulls permitted)
Tri-layered Heavy Armour Plating (3 additional mounts) - 15000c

Ship Shields
3x Heavy Shield Generators (9 shield mounts) - 3000c
1x Meta Shielding (1 shield mount) - 6000c

Ship Weapons
Point defence
1x AFD (2 turret mount) - 150c
1x AFD II (4 turret mounts) - 500c
1x AMD III (4 turret mounts) - 500c

Main Batteries
1x Particle Cannon (8 turret mounts + 2 additional mounts) - 3000c
4x Photon Cannons (8 turret mounts) - 6000c
4x Light Blaster Cannons (2 turret mounts) - 2000c
2x Light Ion Cannons (2 turret mounts) - 2000c

Missile Banks
8x Gravatic Missile Launchers (8 external mounts, 48 missile salvo capacity) - 800c
4x EMP Missile Launchers (4 external mounts, 80 missile salvo capacity) - 800c

Ship Systems
Onboard computer systems
Advanced AI Ships Computer (1 additional mount + 1 tonne of cargo space) - 250c
Advanced AI Upgrade (1 additional mount + 10 tonnes cargo) - 500c
Advanced Tactics Computer (1 additional mount) - 400c
Advanced Tactics Computer Upgrade (1 additional mount + 10 tonnes cargo space) - 800c

Sensors
Deflector Dish (1 additional mount) - 300c
Lateral Sensor Array (1 additional mount + 3 external mounts) - 500c

Other
Advanced Engineering Bay (2 additional mounts) - 500c
Advanced Ship Probes (1 additional mount, 20 probes) - 50c
5x Armoured Escape Pods (5 external mounts, 100 launch tubes) - 500c

Ship Security
1x Marine Company (1 ton) - 500c
9x Infantry Companies (9 tonnes) - 900c

Ship Cargo
1x Case of Advanced Ship Probes (1 ton, 20 probes) - 50c
16x Clips of Gravatic Missile reloads (16 tonnes, 96 missiles) - 1600c

BATTLE STATIONS

Battle Range - Long

Helm - course laid in sir

Comms - message from the merchant captain - his ships are ready sir - although they cannot gauarntee any form of sucess

TO - we have a firing solution sir

WO - **** that - just fire the bloody weapons

No1 - well looks like we should win this round only one vessel to go

on screen you close on the two vessels - although the 2nd Praetorian gaurd ship is making a stand

SO - ....... ?????

on screen your weapons open up, energy beams lance out towards the ship as the weapons hit there is a GOD almighty explosion

SO - they have rigged their ship sir - a distress beacon has just been activated

Comms - and there is a reply from short range sir, we may have trouble

meanwhile the merchant ships have a go at the 2nd vessel

Enemy Ships

forward shield 60%
forward port shield 60%
port shield 60%
starboard shield 60%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Meduim Hull Damage
Serious Internal Damage

Manuverability -50%
Weapon power -25%

Life support -30%

SHE IS DESTROYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forward shield 60%
forward port shield 60%
port shield 60%
starboard shield 60%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Meduim Hull Damage
Serious Internal Damage

Manuverability -50%
Weapon power -25%

Life support -30%

Your Ship

Hewitt -
Foward shield - 80%
Forward Port shield - 80%
foward starboard shield 90%
port shield - 80%
starboard shield 90%
aft port shield - 80%
aft starboard shield 90%
aft shield - 80%

Light hull damage
light internal damage

-5% weapon power
-10% Secondary systems

NPC Ships

Coppitt 1 -
forward shield 60%
forward port shield 60%
port shield 60%
starboard shield 60%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Meduim Hull Damage
Serious Internal Damage

Manuverability -50%
Weapon power -25%

Life support -30%

Coppitt 2 -

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 11 Feb 2006 at 15:07.
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 15:00   #537
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
ooc: this space reserved for ultra-nifty space-o-batics and stuff. Summary to be used if space is not filled before DM date.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary

- Wanderer fires all operational weapons at the bridge section of the now crippled ship.

- For the above, a weapons lock is acquired first and the opportunity to take careful aim is taken

- Weapons used: 4 photon cannons, 4 light blaster cannons, 1 (working) ion cannon... and both the AFD II and AMD III weapon systems.

- Continue charging the particle cannon.

- Continue construction of jury-rigged defenses
(following for plot purposes)
COPPITT 1
4 Concealment tanks into remotely controlled fixed batteries,
Weapons available if successful - 4 Proton Cannons, 4 Plasma Batteries

COPPITT 2
Missile platforms built from random parts
Weapons available if successful - ? Heavy Missile Launchers, ? Medium Missile Launchers, ? Light Missile Launchers

Other
Onboard soldiers to assist in casuality collection and search for any more bombs that maybe onboard
Engineering personnel to make repairs where possible and assist in the search and defusing of any other bombs that maybe onboard
All excess power to engines (if there is any )
actions noted
post done

Unread 11 Feb 2006, 15:09   #538
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakartai
Battle Frigate Leader - c 20000

Name: The Starlance

4 shield mounts
10 turret mounts
6 external mounts
6 additional mounts
150 tonnes hold

Sub-light Drives:
Impulse Drive - c2000

FTL Drives
Warp Drive - c 500 - 1 additional mount
Black Hole Generator - c7000 - 1 additional mount

Hulls:
Colapsium Armoured Hull - c 20000 - 1 additional mount
Medium Hull Armour Plating - c 2000 - 1 additional mount

Shields:
Phase Shields - c 6000 - x 2 sheild mounts
Kinetic Sheilds - c 2000 - x 1 shield mount
2x Neutron Shields - c1000 - 2 to 1 shield mount

Weapons:
Quad Blaster Cannon - c10000 - 5 turret mounts
Anti Missile Defence III - c500 - 4 turret mounts
Battle-Laser - c500 - 1 turret mount

External:
2x Warp Nacells -4 External mounts - c 20000

Other:
Advanced AI Ships Computer - 1 add mount + 1 tonne of carge space - c 250
Sensor Array - 1 add mount + 1 external mount - c 2000
Advanced Tactics Computer - 1 additional Mount - c 400

Companies:
MASH - Field Hospital Comapny - c 250 - 5 tonnes of cargo
SET - Stealth / Espionage Teams - c5000 - 4 tonnes
2x ST - Shock Troops - c 1400 - 2 tonne
2x IC - Infantry Company - c 200 - 2 tonne

Fighters:
Polaris class
2 to a mount - 1 external mount

1 auto pilot
4 Phaser X
1 Light Ion Cannon
1 Polarised Hull
3 man crew

Mounts used:
1 engine mounts
4 shield mounts
10 turret mounts
6 external mounts
6 additional mounts
14 tonnes hold
Total: c 99600

Leftover Credits: c 400

Background:
Captain: Dras Mekuhn
Height: 6' 2"
Eyes: Dark brown
Hair: black, ponytail

The starlance is a relatively new ship, her captain also so. New to the mercanary buisness, this inexpericened crew is out to make their own part in the galaxy. Dras first took command of the ship on her maiden voyage, when she was acting as a bodyguard to a diplomatic vessel. As with all of the Stalance's missions to date, it turned out to be a very uneventfull one. The experiences of the ships crew on these missions has obviously no improved their battle skills, and it still remains to be seen if they will prove any good in a fight at all.
Dras is a kindly sort, as are most of his crew. Their nieveity only adds to their inexperience and they will more than likely soon come to have to face that. They know little of the darker sides of life and so it will be a terrible shock for them when they descover them.

"We ready to go?"
"Very nearly sir, just loading the last of the fuel supplies."
"Good, well..."
"Captain?"
"Never mind, just reminiscing."
"Oh, ok then, the last of the fuel is coming aboard, the field hospital company is arguing over whoes in charge, the AMD's..."

As the commanding officer went on with his reports Dras' mind began to wander. If only he'd had two more minutes, he would have saved him, his little brother that is. He'd lost him in a weapons malfunction whilst the infantry companies were training. A weapon's saftey lock malfunctioned and his brother took a shot to the chest. Very messy. Only another two minutes and he could have been there, he couldn't help blaming himself. They'd never been seperated, not since school, and the new commanding officer wasn't really an improvement. Everything seemed so much duller.

"Sorry could you repeat that?"

Dras grinned as he saw that infurated look on his XO's face once again. It might not be a good idea, annoying him, but he would make that guy understand humour, if it took him his lifetime, well, mayby not quite that long.
ship approved

Unread 11 Feb 2006, 15:12   #539
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASME
Heeheheh.... i think i may just throw my lot into the pot... after all... whats there to lose?

----------------------------

Hehe.. Anyone looking to hire a 4 ship fleet?

EDIT: Changed my mind about this, see my next post for ship details, 4 weak ships proably won't do THAT well after all...
was going to say that the ships you designed would not stand too well - my advice go for one ship that is harder as you will have plenty of opportunity to gain more ships

Unread 11 Feb 2006, 15:12   #540
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakartai
can my ship be approved by LH sometime as i need to know if its ok before i continue posts

oh, any anyone know what days DMing is done?
done

Unread 11 Feb 2006, 15:19   #541
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 4

ARMED ESCORT

Location - Escort Diplomatic Ship to NSR space - the Exclusion Zone, the SPINNER SYSTEM
Distance - 1.5 light years into the ZONE

Rewards - 80000c

To escort the Diplomatic Cruiser TROTH to the SPINNER SYSTEM

Light Cruiser - 30 000 c
2 250 tonnes hold

Shields (6):
1x Cloaking Shield (4) - 20 000 c
1x Phase shield (2) - 6000

Weaponry (16+4=20):
2x Plasma Pulse Canon (10) - 4 000 c 1 post to charge
2x Medium Ion Canon (4) - 8 000 c
1x Photon Canon (2) - 1 500 c

1x AMD III (4) - 500 c

External (12):
40x Alpha Fighter (8) - 4 000 c (drone)
1x sensor array (1)
2x Quantam torpedo (2)- 2 000

Additional (12):
4x Weaponry Mount (4)
2x Drive Mount (2)

2x Heavy Armour Plating (2) - 10 000 c

1x Sensor array (1)- 2 000 c
1x Advanced Tactics Computer [+ Upgrade] (2) - 1 200 c

1x Cloaking Shield (1) - 20 000 c

Drives (1+2=3):
2x Impulse Drive (2) - 4 000 c
1x Trans Warp Drive (1) - 2 000 c

Hold:
2x Marines - 1 000 c
1x ADCT - 1 500 c
2x reload of quantam torpedo

your ship jumps...

Jump point 1
distance 20 light years
fuel left - 90%
All - ok

Jump points 2
distance 40 light years
fuel left - 80%

Light Space Station - STARGATE CLASS

Drives: 2x fusion drive

Armour: heavy armour plating,

Shields: 1 x phase shield,

Weapons:
2 x medium pulse cannon,
2x AFD II,
2x AMD II,
5x pulse phaser,

additional: deflector dish
hydroponics bay

Unknown Vessel - PEACEKEEPER BATTLE CRUISER (based on heavy battle cruiser)
5000 tonnes hold.

Shields (24):
3 DEFENCE SCREENS (24)

Weaponry (112+38=150):
4 FRAG CANNONS (48)

8 PULSE BARRELS (40)

12 PULSE TURRETS (36)
18 PULSE DEFENCES (18)

DEFENCE GRID (8)

External (52+1=53):
SCANNING ARRAY (1)

4 "KNOCK OUT" MISSILE LAUNCHERS (8)
2 "STRIKER" MISSILE LAUNCHERS (4)

4 MARAUDERS (8)
32 PROWLERS (32)

Additional (64):
38 Weaponry Mounts (38)
1 External Mount (1)

PK ARMOUR PLATING (N/A)

2 ASSAULT BEAMS (12)

PEACEKEEPR COMMAND BRIDGE (6)
BARRACKS (4)
SCANNING ARRAY (3)

Engines (4):
2 DISPLACEMENT ENGINES

You look at the ship on the screen some 10 light seconds away and ponder - THIS SHIP HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE

Comms - message sent sir

FC - we have retrieved the Runabouts sir

SO & TO - we have the codes sir

Comms - transmitting sir

MC - we are on our way

EO - commencing repairs sir - we have the list

MD - we are on the case sir

on screen the 2 runabouts escort the marines to the Station

meanwhile the Peacekeeper ship still just sits there doing nothing, a black blot against the backdrop of stars

MC - no resistance as yet sir......

FC - all ships have retruned sir

SO - scanning sir

Sensors will not scan that deep into space sir our range is too limited to see where the Peacekeeper sent the message

Comms - have cracked part of the code sir - just one word I think

Message " ARRIVED"

No1 - Arrived????

Comms - thats all sir i am sure of it

SO - 2nd scan sir

the nearest star system is the KAKNA STAR SYSTEM

TO - bringing data up sir - that was a New Systems Commonwealth Base many years ago - it had repair facilities and fueling stations.

SO - KAKNA is a blue dwarf system sir - only 4 planets

MC - TEH SPACE STATION IS OURS!!!!!!!!!!!

BATTLE STATIONS

Range - medium

Enemy Ships

STARGATE SPACE STATION

5 x Runabout Shuttle

1 Reinforced Hull
1 Heavy Shield
2 Phaser G
2 light Ion Cannon
2 Photon Cannon
2 Photon Torpedoes
Ion Drive
Transwarp Drive

RS1

SHE IS VAPOURISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RS2

SHE IS A BURNING WRECK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RS3

SHE IS A BURNING WRECK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RS4
forward shield 70%
forward port shield 70%
forward starboard shield 70%
port shield 80%
starboard shield 80%
aft port shield 80%
aft starboard shield 80%
aft shield 80%

Light Hull Damage

- NO LONGER ATTACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RS5
forward shield 80%
forward port shield 80%
forward starboard shield 80%
port shield 90%
starboard shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starboard shield 90%
aft shield 90%

-NO LONGER ATTACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your ship

forward shield 70%
forward port shield 70%
port shield 75%
starbaord shield 75%
aft port shield 90%
aft starboard shield 90%
aft shield 90%

light hull damage
light internal damage

life support - 5%
Speed - 5%
Weapon Power - 5%
Targetting - 5%

Crew
15 Crew Injured
3 Crew Dead

15 fighters

NPC Ship

Troth
forward shield 80%
forward port shield 80%
port shield 90%
starboard shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starboard shield 90%
aft shield 90%

light hull damage
light internal damage

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 11 Feb 2006 at 15:33.
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 15:22   #542
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop1964
You look at the ship on the screen some 10 light seconds away and ponder - THIS SHIP HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE - what are its capabilities and such????

Comms - message sent to the UNKNOWN ship sir

No1 - thats one mean looking ship sir

TO - we should have time to take the space station sir - if the runabouts are drones my guess is that the space station is on automatic and is unmanned

SO - scanning sir

Comms - no reply and we are jamming all known frequncies sir

WC - ??????

FC - all ships in formation

SO - no life signs on the station and due to the jamming sir the 2 runabouts have stopped attacking

MC - well sir we ca take the station

SO - we need to finde the code to try to diasable it sir - no point in wasting further loss of life sir we do have some time

No1 - not much but I do agree with the SO sir

Comms - sir detecting a signal from the PEACEKEEPER ship sir directed to Deep Space

SO - why are they just sitting there???????

SO - they have powered weapons and shields but are not moving

On screen the big Black Battlecruiser just sits there ...... waiting!!!!!!!!!

But For What?????????????????

BATTLE STATIONS

Range - medium

Enemy Ships

STARGATE SPACE STATION

5 x Runabout Shuttle

1 Reinforced Hull
1 Heavy Shield
2 Phaser G
2 light Ion Cannon
2 Photon Cannon
2 Photon Torpedoes
Ion Drive
Transwarp Drive

RS1

SHE IS VAPOURISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RS2

SHE IS A BURNING WRECK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RS3

SHE IS A BURNING WRECK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RS4
forward shield 70%
forward port shield 70%
port shield 80%
starboard shield 80%
aft port shield 80%
aft starboard shield 80%
aft shield 80%

Light Hull Damage

- NO LONGER ATTACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RS5
forward shield 80%
forward port shield 80%
port shield 90%
starboard shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starboard shield 90%
aft shield 90%

-NO LONGER ATTACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your ship

forward shield 70%
forward port shield 70%
port shield 75%
starbaord shield 75%
aft port shield 90%
aft starboard shield 90%
aft shield 90%

light hull damage
light internal damage

life support - 5%
Speed - 5%
Weapon Power - 5%
Targetting - 5%

Crew
15 Crew Injured
3 Crew Dead

15 fighters

NPC Ship

Troth
forward shield 80%
forward port shield 80%
port shield 90%
starboard shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starboard shield 90%
aft shield 90%

light hull damage
light internal damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Lady Hawk : 14 Jan 2006 at 14:33.

"Ok men, time to action.. i want those runabout in the cargo hold, so move the marines to the inner section of the ship, ask major dangerfield of the 1st marine corp to join me on the bridge!" said Armstrong , sitting in his command chair. have them help with the injured and ship repairs...

"redgrave, you suggest taking the station, but to my knowledge, this ship outthere outgunned us, and we outgun the station, so what would be the point of taking the station?" (pausing a bit) "all we d manage to do if we do , is stranding personel there , possibly having the cruiser blow it up" he continued... "but i ll take your advice on consideration.. as it may be useful somehow... also recall all fighters.. it s pointless to have them fly after immobile targets..

"green.. i want to know where the nearest star.. though knowing that the ennemy ship has send a de^p space transmission only mean they got reinforcement. so get me that star asap, then scan the area of the direct transmission, and tell me if any other mission were sent to those part, other allies may be targetted here.. also.. when you ll have complete those task, i want a deep scan of that cruiser sitting there..."

"Desautel! it seem our "guest" is just sitting there.. so keep on the ssd and repairs.. priority is shield and weapon repair and the ssd!"

"Comm.. send to the Throth this message.. move 2000 meter to our stern, stay behind us at all time.. if the cruiser move toward us.. they are to retreat to aanka base" send the following to the unidentified cruiser... "we notice you have not move to engage, if you have any offer , make them now.. we wont stand down unless you do so first, and we are prepare to defend ourself if needed"

a few minute later.. a woman in her mid 30 walk through the door leading to the bridge, her bright and shiny personal armor , her pulse phaser rifle set on her left shoulder, and her dark eyes cold as space were all tribute to the experienced commander.. "major Dangerfield reporting.. you ask for me?"

"indeed i have Major. I may have a task for you.. though the odds are good.. survival rate may proove risky at best" said Armstrong. My first officer think we could take the station.. though there s an identified cruiser nearby, more powerful than the Black Dagger. i will ask Green to work on the code of the station to disable it, if you agree to board it. but be aware that if you do, and the unidentify cruiser attack, you as well as i , may have little chance of escaping."

"only risky sir?" replied dangerfield.. "i m use to no win situation, sir and i live by my name also, as i perform best under pressure, sir. that s why my troops are onboard anyway, if i m correct, sir" replied Dangerfield. Of all thing , Dangerfield was truly living by her name, having lead 5 mission consider suicidal with little casualty, she was very effective.. using every dirty tricks in the book and when that was not enough creating new ones as needed. her troop were nicknaming her Deathwatch, as she often perform highly surgical strike on ennemy position almost to the second timing... indeed , there was little she feared. "we ll take the station when you ll order it , i ll put out the word to gear up"

I shall try to provide you, major, with 2 runabout.. and we ll transport the rest of the troop ourself to the station. Have your troop help in repairs and healing the wounded till then.

action resume
1) retrieve the 2 runabout adrift into the cargo hold for further use.
2)recall all fighters
3)have engineering perform the following actions:
a) build the ssd device (ship signature device) make to simulate power, and warp and size of the Black Dagger on enneny sensor.
b)repair the shield and weapon system
c)repair hull and internal system
4)send a message to the throth to move behind us 1 lightsecond away, with order to return to aanka if the unidentify cruiser move to engage.
5) message the unidentified cruiser requesting to stand down and state their intentions.
6)Have the SO scan for the nearest star system, scan the ennemy ship deeply, scan the area where the deep space signal was sent, scan the arrea for cloaked or incoming ships.
7)have the marine help in the repair and taking care of the wounded. the dead are to be put in hold casing till funeral can be performed.
8)Have SO and TO worked on disabling the station, to allow marine boarding.
9)keep recharging all weapons (2nd post)
10)once the runabout are all (4 remaining)retrieve, move toward the station.
actions noted
post done

Unread 11 Feb 2006, 15:33   #543
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

more later

Unread 11 Feb 2006, 15:38   #544
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

Ship #1

Ship Make: Battle Frigate Leader - 20000 credits
Ship Name: SSC "Fugitive"
Ship Hull: Heavy Armour Plating - 5000 credits
Ship computer: Advanced Tactics Computer - 400 credits
Sublight Drives: 2 Impulse Drives - 4000 credits
FTL Drives: Linear Drive - 1000 credits

Defences:

2 Phase Shields - 12000 credits
Anti-Missile Defence II - 200 credits

Weapons:

1 Hellbore Cannon - 1500 credits
2 Plasma Cannons - 7000 credits
4 Photon Torpedos - 500 credits

Fighters:

8 Slipstream Fighters - 4000 credits
2 Nebulae Fighters - 3000 credits

Cargo:

7 Photon Torpedo Reloads - 3500 credits

Ship #2

Ship Make: Advanced War Frigate - 9000 credits
Ship Name: SSC "Flyer"
Ship Hull: Heavy Armour Plating - 5000 credits
Ship Computer:

Advanced Tactics Computer - 400 credits
Advanced AI Ships Computer - 250 credits

Sublight Drives: 2 Anti-Matter Drives - 2000 credits
FTL Drives: Linear Drive - 1000 credits

Defences:

1 Phase Shield - 6000 credits

Weapons:

1 Hellbore Cannon - 1500 credits
1 Plasma Cannon - 3500 credits
4 Photon Torpedos - 500 credits

Fighters:

8 Slipstream Fighters - 4000 credits
2 Polaris fighters - 1000 credits

Cargo:

7 Photon Torpedo Reloads - 3500 credits

Credits Left: 250
------------------------------------------

Ok... second attempt... How about a two ship fleet?

------------------------------------------

Name: Nick Star
Height: 5'11"
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Black with a strek of blue just left of centre

Nick walked along the boarding arm that streched out to his ship "The Fugitive". The last of the supplies had been loaded and all the ship needed now was her Captain. Off to the left, through strengthened glass Nick could only just see the other ship under his command, "The Flyer". A sucessful mission had allowed him to purchese a new ship as well as repair and refit the one he was about to board, and now with both ships ready for departure he was pretty sure that his former No.1 would be walking on to "The Flyer" just as he was about to board "The Fugitive".

Last edited by ASME; 13 Feb 2006 at 23:10.
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 17:52   #545
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

too lazy to stat nazi, but they look nice
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 18:04   #546
ASME
DarkStar

why thank you i do try

Unread 11 Feb 2006, 18:17   #547
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

we all do, but LH keeps on hurting us

there is no satisfying that lady, believe you me
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 18:53   #548
ASME
DarkStar

Just a quick question: When constructing a carrier vessel, do you need to pay for the fighters or do they come with the ship and you just have to decide what you want them to be? Sorry if this question has been asked before, but im a little to lazy to check back through the rest of the Roleplay right now...

EDIT: Never mind, just found out info on page 9... :rubs hands together:

Last edited by ASME; 11 Feb 2006 at 19:03.
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 19:31   #549
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

they come with the ship, have to decide what class they are, no price.

hurrah~!

(pre-post edit: its always good to have a question answered by the best of the best (me ))
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 19:50   #550
ASME
DarkStar

Hmm.. now all i need is an extra 100000 credits... hmmm, i'll haev to earn it, or use a handy get rich quick scheme... but most likely i'll have to earn it.... at least it will be fun earing that amount of money...