User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 22 Nov 2005, 03:28   #1
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough
Flight

The earth rumbled. The ground shook and the dust flew into the air. An energy—white and merciless—phased over the land holding the dust static and suspended against gravity. Its brilliance was accompanied by a shrill whine, one you could even feel uncomfortable hearing from the other side of the world. It soaked through the paths the streets of the city. Following the hexagonal grid of it. The light intensified and the dust, suspended, shook. Soon more than just the dust was shaking. It saturated the buildings. Anything not held down floated up with the energy of the white light. It shrilled louder still. Foundations quivered in anticipation. The shrill turning to throb, one you could feel in your bones. The throb got faster and faster until it mashed into one coherent sound. Then it hit. The pulse struck through the atmosphere scything through the sky and nearly incinerating the air itself. The buildings tore themselves apart, dying from the inside out. Their roots severed. Roads erupted as the water flash boiled in its pipes and smashed out of the ground. The destruction stretched over the whole city, laying everything to waste. With the destruction of the city Fiiel, Haniin is set upon by the Selvourilis…

BackGround
The Selvourilis have pounded through the galaxies for what could be an eternity. They take over civilisations and cannibalise the planets themselves to use them as their transport from system to system. Whole populations fleeing before them, unable to stop them
We were blissfully unaware of them. Carefully minding our own simple wars. Fighting till we were blue in the face. Haniin was a quiet planet that was unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Selvourilis stumbled upon an anomaly in space. A whole stolen planet havocked with Selvourilis fell through it to no more than half a light year away from Haniin.
Haniin was about to be come ground zero. The Civilians started to panic first. They started to flee on the first transports out. Paying with anything they could muster. It wasn’t long until the mercenaries started moving their business elsewhere. It was the corporations that started pulling out next, until everyone was in a state of fleeing they hadn’t really even started though and it wasn’t until the destruction of Fiiel that the military started to help moving everyone and leaving themselves. This is what is happening right now Fiiel has just been destroyed.

You: the lovely characters

What you know:
Haniin – the planet is extremely similar to earth only slightly less gravity (0.9g). limited population. Close knit and compact into the cities. Poulation count: 2000 million
You will all start in the city Exclasar, 67 km north of Fiiel (reasons for you being there I suppose I can help you with. You could be there because you fled from Fiiel, but whatever the reason you will not know the city very well). This is the nearest and (strategically) juiciest target after Fiiel.
To the north by north east is the nearest sky port a good 58 km. It is on the outskirts of city Rasis.
To the west by northwest is another much smaller city by the name of Anithin at about 33 km away.
There are various other settlements scattered away to the north and south.

Exclasar:

This, like many of the cities, is a grown city. Bio-engineered materials that grow into the building shape they are told too. Some of these buildings have been known to sprout new rooms and levels never quite settling to what they are supposed to do. The roads run between the buildings on their hexagonal routes designed so that on attack they are easy to hold. A good bout of the corporations send their research teams to the labs here.
Population: 2 million
Destruction:
You know that Fiiel has just been destroyed.
You don’t know what else has been destroyed (there has been more destruction all across the planet)
Common belief is that they will come to the city Exclasar next
Public broadcasts say that there has been no contact with the assailant planet.

You character
Basically the idea was that you can be any one, anything. I was hoping that you could all bring your own imagination to this thread to add to my own.
Ideas I had though are: -
  • Military personal: standard ranking system starting with lance (lance>corporal>sergeant blah blah blah) the higher up the ranking system though, the harder it would be for me to write for you
  • Civilian: obvious really, the average Joe blokey
  • Scientist: Working for one of the many corporations you see all kinds of crazy stuff
  • Mercenary: well, you get the idea.

I’d like the standard age appearance and history as for race, how I see it is that the majority is human, but there are a mishmash of other races (including Human grown subspecies) around. Please be as imaginative as you like with the histories. What I want is stuff that I can integrate into the story. Any thing you put in your history is truth basically and I will attempt to add it seamlessly into my dreamed up world. (Think about the fact that the buildings are grown. Think Philip k, Dick)

Also if there is anything else about the world you would like to know just ask. There will be more posts soon, while you are adding your characters, hopefully they won’t deteriorate like this one has. Sorry about that, I’m tired…
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 19:13   #2
Nakartai
Local Young'un

Nakartai is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Flight

Name: Bravin Terrosso Valden
Race: Human offshoot - Haniin decent
Hair: White
Eye Colour: Dark Blue
Height: 6'8
Other Characteristics:
  • scar running across chest
  • regenerated right arm - lost in sword training, slightly stronger than before (right handed)
  • slightly stretched build due to lower gravity of Haniin (only a little)
Birthplace: Exclasar
Father:
Terrosso Vendir Valden
Mother: Egedheln Histarta
Siblings: -
Spouse: -
Children: -
History:

Born in Exclasar, Bravin has lived his entire life on Haniin and devoted it to the martial arts. He has trained and taught at the Jujudin Academy in Fiiel since the age of 7.
It was on the eve of his 50th year at the acedemy when the Selvourilis attacked Fiiel. The academy masters and warriors fought a brave rearguard for the populace still attempting to escape the doomed city. Ultimately all but 6 of the acedemies 29 members had fallen by the time the convoy reached Exclasar.
Bravin and the remenants of the academy have set up their abode in a unwanted building in the fringes of Exclasar. Unwanted because of the multitude of extra rooms growing in it, several in the middle of existing ones.
Only three of the academies short range fighter crafts escaped, Bravin and two other members were the only members able to reach the dock in time. In their retreat the three fighters saved several hundred civilians but eventually they were forced to retreat to Exclasar and join the rest of the survivors.

Last edited by Nakartai; 18 Dec 2005 at 13:16. Reason: albino and dark blue eyes are kinda contradictory
Nakartai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 20:47   #3
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

(ooc: Bravin (Nakarti) good! not going to start gming yet, wait till more ppl move forward and take up the challenge)

The Jujudin Academy was one of the few academies whose members stayed behind to help fend of the pre-wave attack. All the others left at the first sign of danger; to them Fiiel was dead at the first sign of attack. This is what they faced…

Article 9.14.534

News Broadcast 18.543.23a
A man—ordinary enough, no different than any other—just so happened to be in the building that the first one hit, and surprisingly live to spread the tale. News of the alien coming had found him, and terrified him. Sending him far in to the maze of the building to a point where he was lost. He was crouched foetal and distraught when it hit.
The room screamed for a second as the ceiling was burnt through. The mans terror was turned, for a moment, to shock. It was tiny—the burning fire ball—and hovering just above the floor. Its fire when out with a suck, and it floated, a glistening metal orb.
In front of the man, it started to transform. Legs sprouted from its underside, I say legs meaning two ungainly sticks, kinked in three places. A spine—cold and bristling with spines—grew out of the back as the orb dripped down into a more organic shape. The arms slunk out from the side almost reaching the floor before splitting in two to form four. At least the digits they formed at their ends were normal, three and a thumb, if that’s normal. The head pulled itself out of the chest, slinking to the upright.
It solidified and lost all the shininess it had. It was hideous. A form of a gaunt gargoyle, lacking only wings. Its head was the worst, mean and sharp, and just a gaping hole for a mouth.
Then the man saw it spasm and glow, like in a fit of rage before walking through the wall. How this man escapes slaughter, we will never know, as—regrettably—the man died shortly after retelling this part of his tale… Writen by John Wes

Would you like to know more?

News Broadcast 18.543.24k – Written form of damaged pict transmission.
[Crackling picture fades in to] Screaming. People running. The picture tilts sideways as the pict source is righted. Screen shudders. Building in picture right grows out into the road, bulging and malformed. Road runs away from source round building to the right. A man [close to the pict source] is gunned down. Alien comes through the new part of the building. Gun blazing. More screams. Pict source tracks round following the alien. Weapon fired from alien hits. [Image white out. Lasts 0 minutes 6 seconds with slow regeneration]
Pict source tracks to search for alien. More screaming. The view flicks round to see alien pulverise human. Shrieks of pain. Alien stops. Glows and then hangs still. Light filters around the base of the buildings. Reaches the pict source.
[Pict source rises and tilts slightly.]
[Pict source starts shaking and vibrating. A shrill noise blanks all others. View still on the non-moving alien. Screen shakes and brakes.]
[Bright pulse from the sky hits. To see the alien brake apart before the pict source shorts out.]
—Transmission ends—

Last edited by Kal'rek; 29 Nov 2005 at 12:29.
Kal'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 02:38   #4
Kal'rek

we only got one person thats wants to be in this?
Kal'rek
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 09:39   #5
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

I'm in. Need to think about my character though.
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 16:06   #6
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

I'll take part in this. Just gotta do some thinking...

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 21:19   #7
Nakartai
Local Young'un

i only reli got time for one rp at a time so i go straight to it when i find one that doesnt involve long character making + equiptment choosing
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 21:33   #8
Ra
nineone

Ra is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
I'm in. Need to think about my character though.
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 20:40   #9
Io Cor
I eat babies! ;D

Io Cor is infamous around these partsIo Cor is infamous around these parts

Name: Staeus Alrek Wolfe
Race: Genetically altered human
Hair: Black
Eye Colour: Dark red
Height: 5'10"
Other Characteristics:
  • Quiet
  • Slightly stronger than the average human due to alterations
  • Smarter than the average human due to alterations
Birthplace: Unknown
Father: None
Mother: None
Siblings: Omicron 16 [Failed experiment]
Spouse: None
Children: None
History: [Will edit later with history data, currently very little time left in my Lunch break. ^__^;]
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 23:09   #10
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

have there been survivors from other planets that could've possibly escaped... succesfully?
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 23:28   #11
Kal'rek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
have there been survivors from other planets that could've possibly escaped... succesfully?
the idea was that the Selvourilis have never be fore been in this regieon of space, they have stuck to where they were. this is the first planet to be attacked
hope htat answers your q, if not pm me (or messenger :P you have got me in amongst your contacts)
Kal'rek
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 13:12   #12
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

like ****, i do. blastin'
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 14:13   #13
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Name: 7DeltaPi
Race: Experimental AI
Hair: He lives in cyber space, he has what ever hair he feels like
Eye Colour: He lives in cyber space, he has what ever eye color he feels like
Height: He lives in cyber space, he has what ever height he feels like
Other Characteristics: He is in a supper computer at OmniTech reginoal laboratry

Birthplace: Exclasar, OmniTech Regonail Lab
Father: None he recognizes
Mother: None he recognizes
Siblings: None
History: 7DeltaPi is one of the first true AIs to come into being. He was activated a little over two years ago. Since then he has mostly been doing testing as to his capablites. To the scinetist and enigneers who made him it is equations. However sevendee as he is called uses only a fraction of his mind on the tests they give him, the rest is spent on exploring. He has gained acsses to most networks on the planet at some point, and has spent the last hour playing with stoplights in a city half way around the world
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 14:16   #14
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmao
Name: 7DeltaPi
Race: Experimental AI
Hair: He lives in cyber space, he has what ever hair he feels like
Eye Colour: He lives in cyber space, he has what ever eye color he feels like
Height: He lives in cyber space, he has what ever height he feels like
Other Characteristics: He is in a supper computer at OmniTech reginoal laboratry

Birthplace: Exclasar, OmniTech Regonail Lab
Father: None he recognizes
Mother: None he recognizes
Siblings: None
History: 7DeltaPi is one of the first true AIs to come into being. He was activated a little over two years ago. Since then he has mostly been doing testing as to his capablites. To the scinetist and enigneers who made him it is equations. However sevendee as he is called uses only a fraction of his mind on the tests they give him, the rest is spent on exploring. He has gained acsses to most networks on the planet at some point, and has spent the last hour playing with stoplights in a city half way around the world
I'm sorry to tell you this, but this character can't flee the impending alien invasion can he?

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 14:18   #15
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

well who is going to leave a shiny new AI that knows the eintire planets network behind?
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 16:32   #16
Kal'rek

(ooc:Thanks for the interest. i will start gming htis thread a week on friday. so look forward to it.!)

Science Archive’s

Tri-silot ‘Supper’ Computer MkI ref: 234-241k
Documentation release date: 16.325.16
Created entirely by accident this computer was based upon the Tibernon concept. It incorporated some interesting changes in the initial stages. Use of intelligent programmer was intriguing change, and also what unequivocally led to the mistake that caused the creation of the ‘Supper’ computer. It started with a cumulative error on part of the programmer. A simple spelling mistake causing a contradiction in the intelligent software. Normally such a mistake would just cause an error resulting in inactivity. Instead the intelligent programmer started creating new pathways in the program ordering changes to the hardware and eventually causing it to scramble itself. This resultant was that an irreproducible system that was 14.05 times faster than anyone expected could be produced with current technology. The technical readouts and listings for schematics are available in article ref: 234-241m.

Notes regarding the MkII Regenerator Combat Armour ref: 167-389k
Based on technology used for the Hystin buildings. Their growing ability is incorporated but with more control. The armour is specifically designed to revitalise itself. Its almost organic properties mean that we are able to perfectly fit it to the user with no need of joins and week spots. Controlled by a wand it has the ability to form any shape directed. Migration that the buildings are accustom to is severely limited in this armour. Also the Armour cannot grow larger than its original size unlike the buildings. Wand functions also enable the user to change the structure inside the material making it rigid of liquid for different types of impact. The technical readouts and listings for schematics are available in article ref: 167-389m.

(Ooc: the idea behind these entries is just to show you the kind of technology in the universe so that you can create your own with something to reference from)

Last edited by Kal'rek; 5 Dec 2005 at 23:56. Reason: lol, gramatical errors
Kal'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2005, 17:05   #17
flapjack
crashed computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmao
well who is going to leave a shiny new AI that knows the eintire planets network behind?
Someone who doesn't feel like carrying a heavy backpack with back-ups that won't work untill he/she finds a super-powerfull computer? Also known as anybody.

Unread 2 Dec 2005, 23:49   #18
mrmao
oh...sexy...

eh dosen't really matter should be a fun character no mater what happens
mrmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 02:56   #19
Kal'rek

(OOC: mrmao needs someone to carry him about, any offers?)
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 07:26   #20
Iconoclast
Serial Murderer

Iconoclast is an unknown quantity at this point

Name: Ethan Ser
Race: Human
Hair: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Green
Height: 6'0
Other Characteristics:

* scars inhabit his back from corporal punishment.
* sarcastically morbid by nature
* athletic but nimble build. Think ninja/assassin/special operations/killer persona.

Birthplace: Exclasar
Father: Vandon Locke Ser
Mother: Alizia Morning Ser
Siblings: - None
Spouse: - Raine Loras - Deceased
Children: - None
History: Like many who were born on Exclasar. He was joined to an acadamy at a young age. His father approved of the discipline and his mother just wanted a young polite man. Of course he would be a man of war, nonetheless a man. He grew up living and breathing the arts of combat and attained a slight ambition to join the military as a career.
As he matured his father and mother both supported him. He joined military ranks and became an assassin or more rather put He joined "The Black ". An academy of "ghosts".
All that mattered more to him than life. Until he met Raine. She made the sky seem beautiful on a rainy day. She taught him to breathe. She was murdered. He found his murderer and exacted cold justice. The man was a member of "The Black". Corporal Punishment, Dishonorable Discharge and an assassination attempt on his life.
Now he's a merc and part of a freelance militia.
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 12:07   #21
Kal'rek

hey guys, just an update. im writing, but i been getting drunk a bit too much recently. :P i would like it if those who need to update history or add charactor could do it soon. but mrmao, iconoclast and Nakarti will edit this post to be your first. so er... ill keep you posted.... bad pun.
Kal'rek
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 15:15   #22
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

I'm having trouble thinking of something decent
throw in something for me if you like
i should be able to rp it . i hope.
Unread 13 Dec 2005, 17:47   #23
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Heh. I had the same problem. So I just stopped drinking... too damn expensive.

Name: Hewitt
Race: Failed genetic experiment
Hair: None
Eye colour: Gold/Yellow
Height: 12' 8"
Other Characteristics:

Hewitt was human once. Now he's a creature born of dark bio-engineering experiments.

He is draconic in appearance (*ignores the groans*), claws, wings, scales, horns, the works. The only thing remotely human about his appearance is a roughly bipedal stance and body structure, opposable thumbs and human facial expressions... although having a snout tends to negate this. His scales are a dark green colour, but hold a metallic sheen reminisent of most modern body armours.

Though deep down Hewitt is a good-natured soul he is generally defensive and ill tempered. Then again, you would be defensive and ill tempered too if you had been abducted, tortured, twisted into a hideous monster and then left to rot in storage for three years.

Birthplace: Unknown
Father: Unknown
Mother: Unknown
Siblings: Unknown
Spouse: Unknown
Children: Unknown

History:

Hewitt learned of hardship at an early age. Abandoned by his birth parents when only a few months old, Hewitt was taken in by a homeless couple that had been sheltering themselves in the sewers where he had been dumped. Poor but kindly, the couple raised him as their own using whatever meagre resources they could find within their underground society.

Hewitt obtained much wisdom from the many who had tales to tell, mostly of downfall and lessons learned, others of philosophy and others just plain nonsense. Neverless, early on he proved himself as a pretty cluely lad that picked up on things quickly. He would've had a bright future if he'd grown up in normal society. Instead, at the age of six he was on the streets conning people out of their loose change. Those he couldn't con, he robbed. Cunning and elusive, Hewitt made a game out of avoiding the law. He was wild and carefree. His foster parents didn't approve.

But his adopted community did. His adeptness above ground proved prosperous below. Though the community had always relied on street urchins for survival, Hewitt's ability had him bringing in more trade goods and then as he grew, better trade goods. Jewellery. Fine clothes. Electronics. Booze. By the age of ten he was the kid the other urchins looked up to and through him they learned by example. The crime rate for petty theft above ground increased by 25%, below ground the underground community thrived and was now a major trading post in the underground black market.

Unfortunately with properity comes envy and those who seek to take it for themselves. One night a group of thugs moved en mass on the community and began looting and pillaging. The communtiy had it's protectors, but the thugs - from an above ground crime syndicate - were better armed and more numerous. In hours they had savagely beaten most of the members in the community and stolen most of it's goods. Hewitt didn't see much of this occur however, he'd been king hit early on.

Hewitt woke to a spliting headache and a community in ruins. Worse, he was soon to learn both his adoptive parents had both been on the receiving end of the savage beatings. Being of an older age in the community, they soon died. Hewitt was utterly devastated.

Like most people who grieve for loved ones, Hewitt blamed himself for their deaths. His efforts had brought down the attack which the community never recovered from. Despite the words of many to the contrary, Hewitt never listened to reason until eventually one night he just up and left, fearing his continued presence would bring more grief down on the battered community.

His departure was one of the main reasons the community never recovered......

By the age of sixteen Hewitt had become a souless individual. Having an instinct to live too strong to let himself die, Hewitt's sole existance had become centred on survival. He felt little else from misery, and wept every night over his life. He was a broken man.

It was probably for these reasons that he'd been abducted. One night a dark featureless vehicle just drove up beside him and took him, from the side of a street busy with night life no less. No one took any notice. No reports were filed over his disappearance. He was just another street bum with no identity - a perfect guinea pig.

They took him to some secret lab of some sort. Within it's sterile white walls, they visited upon him the most excurciating pain and suffering imaginable, all in the name of science and profit. Utilising their arcane theorems and advanced technology, they used Hewitt to test their vision for the next stage in utlimate combat biology. He felt every cell rupture as they grafted their experimental bio-armour to his skin, every electric shock and impulse as they flooded his neural nets with their intricate programs. For months they pumped him with wild concoctions of weird proteins and chemicals designed to serve their needs, and worst of all they keep him alive.

Every now and then a scientist would idly talk to him about his purpose as they performed the next painful task. Always they regretted the pain they subjected, but reasoned it was a competive marketplace thus speed in the project was required. Speed meant pain they explained, not that it needed explaining. They would often get this distant look next, as they quietly discussed the beauty of their goal. That it was all worth while. That they would be the first to create a body armour that could change it's wearer into any shape imaginable and then back again. The possiblities were endless they said. Hewitt had his own words for what his tormentors invisioned - "God complex".

So Hewitt learned he was to become the next generation military hardware. A super soldier that could take the form of massive war machines during battle then return home in time for tea with his family. At least the test version anyway. Not that he cared much. All he wished for was peace through death but again, that nuisance of a survival instinct made him endure. He hated himself for that more than anything.

After a long, agonising process the time eventually came for the first of a final series of tests. Everyone was excited. Hewitt was looking for escape. He found none. Instead he found himself loose in the testing chamber, the shimmering dark green form of the prototype armour on his small frame reflected in the walls of one way mirrors.

Then came the activation. He didn't know the science behind it, but it hurt. A lot. In absolute horror and agony his watched as his human form was grotesquely twisted and grown by the bio-suit until he finally resembled the monster he was today. By the end he'd fallen to his knees close to the edge of conscience. His green, clawed hands were the first thing he saw. Getting up slowly prevented him from bashing his head against the plush white ceiling that had before been more than twice his height away from the floor. In utter amazement, he just stared through wide golden eyes at the alien reflection hunched in the mirrors. For a brief moment he understood the scientists previous motivations, this was indeed incredible... beautiful. He felt powerful. Then reality returned and he'd realised the thing looking back at him was not beautiful. They'd made him into a monster, something parents used to scare little children. It wasn't too bad...

His survival instinct was going nuts. He knew that it wasn't long now before he became disposable again. Maybe they would just throw him back out on the streets. Maybe they'd dump him in the nutrient tanks. Hewitt hoped for the later. Taking a deep breath, he sighed as he waited for the promised change back.

And waited.

And waited.

Three hours of waiting later knock out gas started pouring into the chamber. Three weeks later while being held in a makeshift cell he found out the scientists were having some troubles. Three months later they'd stuck him in a cage along with the rest of the lab animals. Apparently funding had run out, the project abandoned. The armour classed as a failure. Hewitt resigned himself to his fate of life imprisoned as a freak.

For almost three years this cell remained his home and Hewitt remained, a monster. He wouldn't have minded much - he'd grown used to his new body - except he had been doomed to an existance as a lab animal, subjected to painful and humilating tests daily. Again that annoying instinct always persisted, keeping him alive. His thick, body arnour hide also didn't help. Exercise involved weekly supervised walkabouts and intensive self work out regimes - all monitored. Apart from the tests, there was not much else to do.

Then that one fateful day arrived. On this day, the lab servant that normally brought his food in the morning instead came rushing down flustered and desperate. To Hewitt's surprise the first thing the woman did was open his cage. This quickly disappeared when the explaination came, the city was under attack by an overwhelming force. They had to escape......

(Wow. That became longer than I thought it would... I'll let you write the bit between here and the present yeah? )

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!

Last edited by Hewitt; 13 Dec 2005 at 18:12.
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 14:46   #24
Kal'rek

well, my last post was a lie, here you go, all of you at once (cept you Io Cor sorry, thought id wait till you posted your history.) yeah so enjoy and stuff.

Nakarti
The room was cold and almost pulsing. Its’ form was subtly shifting and warping with every passing second. The landing of the first ‘alien’ had had a profound effect on the organic buildings. They were sloshing and warping and going against their gene coding. Rooms were sprouting ten fold their original rate and in positions that defied logic. Warped and deformed some of them leached out onto the street, warping to trap people for what could be forever. It was like they had been entranced by the falling orbs and had been infected by them. And the infection spread like ripples on a pond. The outer edges reaching as far as Rasis and Anithin.

Not much had been saved from the academy. The glorious dynasty was demolished. Its years were few and simple, and they made a stand at Fiiel, the dead had at least died honourably. The only three left were; Master Redin, second only to the unavoidably fallen Master Kray; Bravin Terrosso Valden and a rookie, Bekneelin that had survived through mere luck and circumstance than skill.

The three had managed to keep a small section of the archaic armoury safe and secure. The three were now gathered around a map of Haniin with the pitiful remains of their eclectic academies artefacts.

Master Redin – ‘as you can tell these buildings are no longer safe and nothing seams to be safe from that energy weapon. Our only security is flight. The preservation of our academy is inside us now. But it lies not just here.’ [Redin pulls a small oblate shape out of his jacket. It is a small metallic object that is perfectly smooth and its surface unblemished, save for the red crystal fixed into it.]

‘This was found on the far side of the planet, yes well observed Bekneelin, it is very similar to the orbs we have seen falling from the skies so recently. There must be some kind of connection, one that we have so far been able to figure out. The strangest thing is that it was found before the attacks started. Its finding preceded these attacks by several months. It was due for delivery to Sentin V for analysis leaving on a shuttle tomorrow. We believe that this it is ever more important now. I task you Bravin, to take it there. You may equip yourself from what we have left from our once extensive armoury. And take Bekneelin with you as well, he could learn a thing or two from you. Maybe his air of good luck will come in handy for both of you?’
Master Redin looked humble and calm standing there with his hand still outstretched with the orb sitting there, inanimate. He motioned it forward again to make sure you understood what was to happen now.
Mrmao
7DeltaPi felt a certain pulling sensation. If you could really call it ‘feeling’. He noticed his connections were dropping off slowly, about one every 4 microseconds, very slow to a computer. It seamed like his consciousness was being brought back to its source. Like he was being reeled in, and he was! His whole self was being coalesced, back to the lab where he was brought into being. He didn’t know why this was happening at first. For the first two microseconds he was confused. Then he saw all the news broadcasts.

His link with the traffic board was severed and he could no longer play with the traffic lights. This set them back to default and left everything in disarray. The journey was tedious, and must have seamed very boring to a computer with nothing to occupy its massive intellect.

Then he was there. He was back at his birth place, flowing through the inner pathways of the Isstrenzy corps Exclaser labs. Though, he was not aloud the freedom he was used to. He only had the one view and on microphone to view the outside world. He could see a hoard of very worried looking scientists and a few men in suits watching. The scientists were scrambling around a small satchel shaped box on the floor in front of his lens. With there endless milling and the general bustle of the labs there were only few of the bits of conversation that he picked up…
‘-and you are sure the transfer wont hurt him?’
‘No the program will not be harmed.’
‘You can promise me no corruption?’
‘Well… we’ll soon find out…’
‘What are you—WAIT!!

Another strange pulling sensation. A black out as the camera and microphone were shut off. The empty void seamed to last for an eternity. Then, the flicker of reality and noise input of a microphone. The frenzy of it was almost too much at first. Then it settled down. He saw the same view as before, only a few metres further forwards and one lower. He had been moved into the small satchel case. The whole of him was sitting in something that was one hundred times smaller than what he was used too. He didn’t realise that it was even possible yet.

There was a scream, a female scream. There was the sound of crumbling mortar and brick.
‘But, I didn’t think they had reached this far yet!’ A voice shouted.
‘Well, they are here now, so…RUN!’ There were other voices, only a few were calm. The calm ones were the ones trying to organise everyone.
‘It’s going deeper into the complex, grab 7DeltaPi and get out of here!’
A pair of trousers swung into 7DeltaPi’s field of vision and then his whole world swung round and he saw the hole in the wall, and that grotesque thing. He couldn’t see where he was going, he was being dragged backwards. There was more shouting and some screaming, but at least he was going away from that monster.

Then they were outside. There was a truck, ancient and still running on combustion. On the side was painted the Isstrenzy corp.’s symbol. There was someone stood propped up against it. He was security, armed and ready and that’s how he appeared.
‘You, here take this, take it up to the sky port at Rasis there is a shuttle waiting. This is of the utmost importance. Take care of it!’ With that 7DeltaPi computed that the person carrying him left. There was shaking and swaying his vision swung up to the sky and then there was a pause… (You are in the hands of Fluffie!)
Mrfluffie
You are a security for Isstrenzy corp. You’re human, pure breed. Only been in security for a few years. They treat you good occasionally. (you can do your age, name and height and appearance, ill pm you history)

You are outside the Exclaser labs, and as nervous as hell. People are running around, this was big and scary. They had called in for evac. And you had been chosen by way of delegation, no one else wanted to do it, so here you were. Leaning on the Isstrenzy truck. It was a piece of sh!t and still practically manual. But the strike had charged the air. The repulsor units were not functioning within almost a thousand kilometres of the ex-Fiiel.
You blinked, you didn’t think you could have seen what you did. A dragon walked out of the main door being pushed around by a dainty female. You were still confused by this, and ignoring almost everything coming out of the door. He was so confused that he looked like he was prepared and ready for anything and he really wasn’t. He was petrified by these aliens attacking.
A scientist ran out of the main doors and headed to him. He was struggling under the weight of a bulky box.
‘You, here take this, take it up to the sky port at Rasis there is a shuttle waiting. This is of the utmost importance. Take care of it!’ he said. The scientist had a really high level of clearance, even more than the gentleman that had told him to wait outside. You are inclined to do what he says. He thrust the box into your hands, and left. Left you with something to do to take your mind off of things. You just stood there for a while, not sure what to do.
Iconoclast
The job was easy for the first part. Well it should have been, all it was, was a meet and greet to get the outline. The usual stealthy meeting place. Only he had received a communiqué upon landing moving the meet to Exclaser. Ethan didn’t know the contact, one of those ‘friend of a friends.’ The mission was an assassination and retrieval, and that’s all Ethan knew so far. He was outside now, he had managed do drop in onto the planet easy enough. It had been rough on his last few hours though, the city had gone wild. With the attacks and everything, but he needed this. Work had been hard to come by lately and he was broke. He had to check.

He was stood just outside at the address. One of those grown buildings, dark and secluded, hidden from the bustle of the running people. He checked his weapons. They were nothing on what he had when he was in ‘The ‘Black’ but it’d do.
If the information was right then the contact was on the ground floor just through this door.
Hewitt
The women went into Hewitt’s cage and practically pushed him out of the door. She wasn’t scared or just plain crazy. Hewitt could have killed her easily enough, yet she was pushing him up the stairs.

The stairs broke out into a seemingly abandoned lab, the one that Hewitt had seen so much of for his routine tests. It was bare; there were sockets and paint that hadn’t seen light for years where the torture devices used to stand. Hewitt was pushed through this and through other corridors and up other stairs. It started to get busier. People seamed to not notice Hewitt. They were to busy with what they were doing.

They came out into the main lab. The lab where Hewitt had been disfigured and he saw his replacement. The lab floor was covered in huge computers, the scientist’s new toy. None of the specialist equipment that he had been privy to was around. Most of the scientists were fretting around a box on the floor. But Hewitt didn’t have long enough to figure out what was going on before he was led out of the door. He was outside soon after. The girl hadn’t said anything at all on the way out and she didn’t stop walking when she started talking now.
‘Sorry about that, I promise I won’t ever do it again.’ She was a telepath. She had guided Hewitt out with her mind, and had blanketed them both from everyone else. Unless they were really looking they would not have seen them. ‘My name is Karyen, I heard them coming and knew we needed to escape. I felt your pain, the whole time they were experimenting on you. I have been sitting in a cage far longer than you and I had to feel your pain. I also saved you from some of it; I made it slightly easier for you. Come now we really need to get out of here.’
(you bloody love your dragons and stuff don’t you!)
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 10:00   #25
Iconoclast
Serial Murderer

I'll post around lunch on the 18th.
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 13:42   #26
Nakartai
Local Young'un

Bravin rose from his seat and beckoned to Bekneelin to follow him. When he reached the door he stopped and turned around.

"Master Redin, may we take two of the short range fighters? We might possibly find one of the academy Corvettes still operational, Preferably the 'Nightingale', she's a wonderful blockade runner. If I remember correctly, she wasn't in the hanger at the time of the attack, she was in the forest, at the research facility. It may have not fallen yet."

The research facility was a breakoff faction of the academy, it no longer strictly belonged to it, but the two groups still talked and exchanged infromation and knowledge.
The Nightingale is an ancient ship, one of the fastest on the Planet, and one of the most durable as well. She is a sleek ship, darkly painted, very similar looking to an ancient stealth plane, although slightly larger. She had the latest shield and stealth technology and, along with her impressive firepower, she made a perfect blockade runner.

With Master Redin's permission, Bravin and Bekneelin went to their fighters and set off for the research facility. As they passed over towns and villages they saw the effect of the buildings unusual growth. They were joining together, changing colour, gradually fusing into a giant symbol. The symbol was not yet fully grown, but it was obvious what it was.

The enamy came from above, they dropped down from space. Yet, they came from the land as well, not physically, but phsycologically, From beneath them, not yet smooth, a silver orb with a red crystal glared up at them.
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 18:03   #27
Iconoclast
Serial Murderer

The two pistols at his sides were clean looking as always and gleamed off the dim light. He looked toward the entrance and his dark green eyes grew darker. Sometimes bad things happen. He had to be careful as always. Then again, death would be quite a dream. Maybe even release. He shook his head at the thoughts and stepped foreward to the door in a confident stride. You could die tonight! That thought was a little too excited; he almost laughed at himself.

He had been betrayed before in the past, and in a matter of moments, his bretrayers, who thought they had him felt the hot steel of his weapons. He smiled. It's probably legit. Probably nothing. You need the money Ethan.

He opened the door and stepped inside. His dark clothes seemed to absorbe the light, it made the very air around him seem darker. The lights were all off and he stood waiting.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 16:24   #28
mrmao
oh...sexy...

7DeltaPi was being moved, he had just been placed in a mobile mainframe. He had no idea what he could do in this box. The limited capabilities he was aware of were not encouraging. He had single camera and one mike/speaker. So, he began searching the box to see what it could do.

It was soon clear why he was able to fit in it. It had rudimentary organic circuitry, this wasn’t surprising. It was the best way to store information. However, organic technology was notoriously picky when it came to being connected to more conventional technology. He couldn’t really complain though he would eventually be taken from this box.
He was looking for ways to interact with world, whether it be through wire or wifi he wanted to know what was going on. It was rather simple to find the ports, there was of course the standard wire port. He was surprised to find that the box could be configured for wifi but right now it did not have the capability. That left him only one way to talk to the outside world.

“Hello?” 7Delta Pi asked the man in the truck next to him.
mrmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 15:45   #29
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal'rek
(you bloody love your dragons and stuff don’t you!)
ooc: Yup.

*Hewitt blinked repeatedly, squinting eyes that had not seen natural light for over three years. His mind was fuzzy. For the first few moments as his rescuer explained herself all he could remember last was waking up in the dark of his cell, resigned to yet another day of aimless tests and monotonous misery. His life. His fate. Then images for the last few moments came flooding back, along with normal thought as he came out of whatever trance the telepath had placed over him. People packing, frightened faces everywhere. But not because he was loose, no... his new caretaker had taken care of that. Something else was amiss, something that had normally placid, calm, cold people paniced. Words entered his head now, what the girl moving him had just said... an apology. A telepath. Sharing his pain. Feeling it. Mitigating little of it, or at least trying to. Karyen. Yes, that was his rescuers name... questions. Lot's of questions... a response...*

"Thank you... Karyen."

*No pain. No darkness. No scientists. A realisation.*

"I'm free..."

"Free..."

*Beautiful colours. Fresh air. Wonder. *

"I'm actually free."

*Freedom... Elation. Sweet, joyous elation.*

"I'm frrrreeee!!"

*The world was getting ready to crumble, but Hewitt didn't notice. Not right then. So filled with happiness and joy over being realised from his pitiful fate, Hewitt lifted Karyen from the ground and hugged her whilst jumping up and down in circles. For the moment, he was that happy, carefree ten year old again.*

"Oh thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!" *grins*

*And thus, in a time of impending doom and ultimate destruction one soul was happy.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:20   #30
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie thought for a second and made up his mind. Though he had mixed feelings about it, he didn't really want to stay here. He didn't stand a chance at the moment, not against the onslaught that was or would be wrecked here soon... Looking down to the box inside his hands, he is suprised to hear it talk to him.

"Hello. I am your escort it seems, little box. Now you just sit there, okay?"

Opening the door to the passengers' side of his truck, Fluffie puts it into a seat. Closing the door and looking around, he decides he has some room spare. Breathing in deep, he raises his voice to a shouting and addresses the people around.

"Leaving for Rasis sky port, all aboard!"

As he shouts, Fluffie gestures to the open back of his truck (which looks kind of like a deuce and a half or however those American WWII trucks). He himself walks around the front of the truck, getting in and turning the ignition. Satisfied to hear the truck's engine work, he looks around the back of his truck using the mirrors. He'd wait a minute or so at most, before departing...
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:20   #31
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Sorry for the late-ness of the post.

Fluffie is human, bit of average of everything, well in shape and so. Particular information will come when needed and thought of
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 03:14   #32
Kal'rek

sh1t, i've become one of those gm's that never posts. :S
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 17:15   #33
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

harr harr
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 22:20   #34
Nakartai
Local Young'un

i take it this is one of those dead threads now eh?
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 23:28   #35
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

maybe it was Dachi in disguise
or maybe an innocent kid brain controlled by dachi!
or maybe a child of dachi!

will dachi haunt us forever!?

noooo

etc
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 03:20   #36
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

I'll go with option number two, sounds more sinister.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 20:22   #37
Nakartai
Local Young'un

slightly confused here
not been here long/got involved much

who's dachi

and - i take it threads dont make it v far of the starting blocks a lot of the time?
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 21:30   #38
flapjack
crashed computer

No Dachi, evil conspirator and killer of people's spirits.

He starts a thread, runs for a bit, then legs it and leaves everyone to panic and dispair.