User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 20 Feb 2005, 20:44   #51
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road
Re: Marines - Out on the Fringe

Roxborough stands silent as the voice screams hysterically on the radio, raising a brow in a mix of surprise and amusement. This is why she disobeys orders: No good commanders in the army. The woman seems confused, but it doesn't concern Roxborough though: The natives have arrived.

She remains silent at the sight of the truck, the people running inside and the others scrambling behind the vehicle. As they reappear with shackles, and the voice tells them to remain where they are, she tilts her head slowly. I's like; what? she ponders suspiciously before turning to the others.

"I say we kill them - all of them," she offers, nodding to their would-be captors. She checks her shotgun, making sure that it is fully loaded and fitted with a grenade in the launcher.

In the mean while, she can feel her neck getting sweaty near the rim of her helmet: God damn deserts....
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 20:52   #52
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

*Walking over to the edge of the frigate, PK looks around for a ladder down to the surface. On the way, he also taps his radio.*

"Lieutenant Tremaine, for the sake of not causing confusion, you have the unit. For now. After this, we need to have a long talk about how to assume command."

*The last command was said with a smile, then PK switched to all hands band.*

"I suggest we either get out of here right now, or someone checks on the reactors. It's quite possible that they could go up any second. If someone's close to them, then do it. Everyone else follow Lieutenant Tremaine's orders."

*It was at that point that PK noticed the slavers. He dropped to the surface of the ship, and u7nslung his scoped, silenced pulse rifle. Peering through the scope, he decided that the world could do without these men, and aimed carefully at the vehicle's petrol tank, then pulled the trigger. Hopefully with a few shots it would go up and take them all out, but if not, then PK shift his aim to the men themselves.*

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 22:32   #53
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

Level: 4

Health: 5
Dexterity: 4
Agility: 4 (+4 = 8)
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Psyche: 4
Initiative: 8
XP: 700 so.... 7/100 = 7 + 7 = 14

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 22:38   #54
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Where did you get Level 4 from? Your character is new so he starts at Level 1. The characters carried over from the last thread are at Level 3 to reflect on the fighting they did in the last thread. None of them are Level 4.

In fact, reading my last post to you again, I actually said that you'd be "as Level 1 with 0 XP", so that certainly needs changing.

When I say "Intelligence over 6" I mean "your Intelligence points in excess of 6", but that's a reasonable mistake to make since it's kind of ambiguous. So with those stats you'd get 1 extra skill point rather than 7.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 23:27   #55
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

Hawk101 is an unknown quantity at this point

ooc/ I notice a considerable lack of scientists ( there being none ), if you have any room left then il post a char sheet.
Hawk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 06:54   #56
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Alexander was surprised to see someone already here, slaver or not. How ever since they were slavers and Alexander liked freedom. He decided he wasn’t going to be going with them. They hadn’t seen him yet. That would change though there wasn’t much between him and them. The only hope he had was shooting first so Alexander droped to one knee. He aimed and fired at the men.

Occ/ i assume my lvl four medic used up all my skill points or am i special and get to use all seven also/ occ
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 09:18   #57
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
Port Stanley

Kal'rek
This history is certainly better. Remember, a good history is unique and tells people about your character; it allows you to develope the character in an interesting way and it allows me to tailor your character's own personal plotline better to your interests in the thread. Notes about your character's personality or more information about what he did more recently would both be interesting things to think about. We'll say that it's been a few months since you crashed your ship on the planet.

You find yourself sitting in the same shabby bar in Port Stanley that you have been semi-resident of for the past three months, downing another lukewarm cheap beer. Port Stanley is the only settlement of any significence on the entire planet, being the only one with a starport. You've been looking for jobs pilotting small vessels like freighters - the only kind of ship you're qualified to fly - for almost all the time you've been here, but have found none. And, lacking the money to buy transport off world, you're effectively stuck here. The only light in the bar - which is small, about ten metres long by four wide, with the bar itself running along one of the long walls - comes through the half-closed steel blinds across the dirty windows. The proprietor is polishing a glass with a stained apron from behind the bar. You sit at a small square table against the opposite wall. The only other things in the bar, apart from the flies, are two shady-looking characters who you think might be smugglers - they sit close to eachother and speak in low voices, occasionally taking sips from their glasses. Suddenly, the steel door of the bar bursts open, and an excitable-looking young man rushes in.

"You guys hear the news?" He asks in general, turning to glance at each of you in turn, "some warship came down in the desert way down south - they say it might be pirates! They're saying it went right across the sky blazing fire before it crashed! Apparently the fusion engines might go up, the sheriff's men are going down to take a look!" You can tell from his expression and from the life in his voice that this is the most interesting thing to happen on this colony that the boy's ever seen. No sooner has he spoken the last word than he is out of the bar, doubtless to inform any other people who will listen of the event. You, of course, are not terribly interested. A crashed starship doesn't exactly help you to get off the planet. The door to the bar opens again, but this time less quickly, and in walk two men who are, curiously, dressed in plain grey suits. They have the look of businessmen, though you've no idea why such men would come to this planet. They spot the bartender and immediately approach him. One of them speaks.

"We are looking for a pilot. Do you have any idea where we might find one?" He says simply, and the bartender hearing no order for drink merely shakes his head in a disinterested manner before going back to cleaning the glass. The two men turn wordlessly and begin to move toward the door.
God damn my luck Kal'rek thought, Even the beer tastes gritty here.

Kal'rek realized that sitting in a bar is not exactly the best place to be looking for jobs. He thought he was going to be all right after he sold what was left of his ship. All damaged parts, though they did still get him a fair amount of money. Nowhere near enough, unfortunately, to afford a ship of this rock. This is why when some greasy looking smugglers came along and asked him if he would like to take part in a small wager he obviously without thinking said yes. He knew it was a risk but there was still a chance that he could of made some more money. Regrettably the moment he had produced the money they all decided to play violent games with his head. He couldn’t remember much after that just waking up in an alley. He spent most of his time after that recovering in the local bar spending the money that the smugglers hadn’t found in his boots. Talking of the bar that’s where he was.
He had been there for a few hours already and had gone through a few beers. He was a presently at the point where the floating specks of dust caught in the beams of light filtering through the steel shutters held Kal’reks complete attention.
A young man burst through the door blabbering something about a ship and ‘crashed’ and ‘explosion.’

“Oh well done kid, I don’t need another wreck.”(Kal’rek was also in the stage where he was talking to himself)

Kal’rek hoped he would go soon as he was standing right in the way of the dust. He was about to say something when he miraculously disappeared.

“Thank God,” Kal’rek muttered.

Two more people entered the bar and started talking to the bar keep. Kal’rek managed to overhear what they were saying.

“Heh.” Kal’rek laughs quietly to him self and has another sip at the beer. “They are looking for a peanut.”

The men were almost out the door.

sh1t.
Kal’rek jumped up knocking the little table spilling his drink and felling his chair. He stumbled a pace forward before stopping and regaining his balance and amazingly regaining some soberness.
“Wait! (Kal’rek caught the door and hung out.) Excuse me I know where you can find a pilot.”
The men stopped and turned around and stood waiting for Kal’rek to continue. After a short while one of the men said,
“Where then?”
“Oh right, I’m the pilot. I’m Kal’rek nice to meet you.” Kal’rek offers the men his hand…
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 10:14   #58
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"WE GOT GOT HOSTILES!!"

What he recognised as Bakan's voice screamed through the radio. A moment later, Warren heard Roxborough suggest they'd kill these... whoever and whatever they were. Seeing them return with shackles and chains, Fluffie immidiately discarded the idea of having to walk through the desert with those on him. He vaguely heard them give some orders, but he plainly ignored whatever it was they told him and his companions to do.

"Roxborough, right flank. Hewitt, left!"

Not that he by any means thought or even knew if he was the higher ranking Marine present, he still quickly and fiercely yelled his orders. Combat wasn't a game to played with all formatilities present, it was a dirty game that was best taken one with a will to survive, no matter who was giving the orders as long as they made some sense.

Fluffie dropped down onto one knee as he yelled his orders, quickly pushing the butt of his Pulse Rifle back against his shoulder and bringing the barrel up. His finger quickly found itself hugging the trigger again, while his right cheeked leaned against the already warm metal of his weapon. Looking through the scope with one eye closed, he quickly had locked onto one of the would-be capturers.

Not today...

He quickly pulled the trigger a few times after each other, sending a reasonably controlled burst of bullets in the direction of the man's chest. The target he had picked was in the centre of their 'formation'. Looking over his scope with both eyes, he quickly searched for another target that would be in his 'field' and opened up again...

fast edit: dunin and hewitt.. please post some shooting things too?
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 19:00   #59
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

/ooc: No Dachi hasn't posted the distance, so I can't really act.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 19:03   #60
No Dachi

The general rule is that if I don't specify you assume "mid-distance" and do what you like.

Unread 21 Feb 2005, 19:10   #61
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Roxborough glances over at the marine giving them orders. She can't see any signs of rank, so she has to assume that he's a private. She shrugs in response to his ordering, certainly not about to run out into the open desert if that is what the right flank is.

Mid-distance huh? She grabs a hold of the launcher handle aims at the two approaching enemies, taking her time and adjusting her stance carefully. She squeezes the trigger, firing off the grenade and hoping that it doesn't fly farther than she intedns it too: Otherwise the truck might get damaged.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 19:26   #62
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

Hawk101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Name: Rotir Zenos
Class: Scientist

Need consultance on History and pre-made stats
Hawk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 19:41   #63
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunin Hemm
Roxborough glances over at the marine giving them orders. She can't see any signs of rank, so she has to assume that he's a private. She shrugs in response to his ordering, certainly not about to run out into the open desert if that is what the right flank is.

Mid-distance huh? She grabs a hold of the launcher handle aims at the two approaching enemies, taking her time and adjusting her stance carefully. She squeezes the trigger, firing off the grenade and hoping that it doesn't fly farther than she intedns it too: Otherwise the truck might get damaged.
by flank i meant "their right side"

as in
i shoot in the centre
you take one side
hewitt the other
so that we don't all try to kill the same fella..

(sorry if that's stupid or unclear. but it sounded funky )

and it's corporal
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 17:57   #64
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

Jake sharply return the private's salute, and says, "Glad to see you made it to this shindig, private . . . I suspect we're goign to have company real soon . . . and not all of it friendly." Although nowhere else was forthcoming in showing up, Jake did notice two figures, both armed with rifles, walk around from the bow of the downed frigate, each of them carrying rifles. "Company, bow of the ship." Jake said simply, snapping his rifle up to his shoulder and looking at the two men thorugh his scope. He debated just where exactly he was goign to put his warning shot, when his comm channel crackled to life and told him that there were hostiles in the area. Putting two and two together, Jake calmly settled his sight over the first man's forehead, and pulled the trigger. He then quickly shifted his aim to the second man, while shouting "You've got three seconds to drop you weapon!!" If the man failed to comply withn those three seconds or started pointing his gun in Jake's general direction, he dropped his rifle's crosshairs over the man's chest and fired again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 06:24   #65
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- ok. After spending way too much time on it in one sitting I have finished my history. I realise that I am probably bending some of the unstated rules with it, but I have developed a slight loathing of working on the thing, and I do not have the mental capacity to edit things and make everything fit together as it does in my head. -ooc
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 10:27   #66
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Matsuro lifts the goggles, that serve so beautifully at keeping sand and sun out of his eyes, off his face and pockets them before peering around at the dusty little town. He licks his dry, cracked lips and thinks to himself.

I need to get off this dried up wasteland of a planet...

Half daydreaming of swimming in the temperate waters of his homeworld, half mentally checking off a list of things he hates about sand, he strolls nonchalently towards the bar, where prior experience means he knows to expect nothing but the finest of welcomes from the locals...
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 20:44   #67
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Something, once again, clicked. Whether it be from past experiances, the amount of time spent from home, the horrors of the past days or a mix of all three is not known. Rage boiled up inside him. His grip on his pulse rifle tightened. His knuckles turned white. His teeth clenched. In a flash his pulse rifle was sitting snugly in his shoulder, his thumb clicking the safety off, his eye lining down the scope and his finger squeezing off a round, aimed at the drivers head. A dull thup and a click were the only sounds made, as the silencer on the end of the assault rifle masked all sounds of the round. The shell casing from the spent round spun lazily through the air, as Crazy's aim was shifted from the driver to the passenger. Another dull thup and another click as a second round was spent, fired off at the passenger.

A single round was a waste for such low life turd brained maggot eating rot smelling smeg heads, but Crazy really didn't have the time to deal out the punshiment they deserved. There was chatter on the radio about more hostiles and he had no time. Others needed help. The rage would be satisfied later...

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:06   #68
No Dachi

Marines postponed untill this weekend due to a busy RL week (management conference Wednesday/Thursday), and due to other, unnamed distractions.

Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:22   #69
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*cough*World of Warcraft*cough*
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:57   #70
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
Marines postponed because I'm turning into a WoW playin' nerd&geek who is not alone loosing touch with his Real Life, but also his Online Life.
We're loosing him..
Tranq darts, anyone?

We'll ritually burn his WoW copy once he's out
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 18:06   #71
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

HeH, make sure they are in the range to take out elephants, for trust me, that's what will be needed.

Fluffie, as the closest person to No Dachi (I think), you are responsible for restoring him to us
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 18:11   #72
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Gimme an Aston Martin DB9, enough money for fuel, new clothes and a H&K G36K, a tranq gun, darts, the required "paperwork", hotels etc... And I'll get right on it!
Unread 1 Mar 2005, 00:34   #73
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

okay but it will be imaginary money toy guns, and a cardboard hotel
Unread 1 Mar 2005, 12:28   #74
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

aaww
Unread 2 Mar 2005, 00:09   #75
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

and probably a matchbox or hotwheels version of the car
Unread 2 Mar 2005, 08:44   #76
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

is wow that good? i thought eve was good...
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 00:41   #77
Mad cat

do we have to resort to taking up pitchforks and torches and mobbing ND's house to get him moving again?
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 10:28   #78
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

nay
we need to introduce more (eager?) women into his life and then take them away at the right moment, so he'll be so depressed the only thing keeping him going is DMing us... and then the DMs will flow freely

</not necesarily the truth>
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 08:37   #79
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad cat
do we have to resort to taking up pitchforks and torches and mobbing ND's house to get him moving again?
That's already been done, hell it's been done several times - in fact I think there's still a few hippies camping on his front lawn from the last raging mob smoking the daisies in his front garden.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 10:12   #80
No Dachi

I've tried throwing things at them and everything; they just won't go away. I think they're planning to stay for a while because they've built these mud huts and I'm pretty sure they've planted carrots round the back of the garage as well.

Unread 19 Mar 2005, 14:36   #81
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Yeah sure, carrots......

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 02:21   #82
Kal'rek

dog nabbit if this dont fecking get of the ground soon im gun ashout my self in the foot
and mean it....:P
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 12:16   #83
No Dachi

You'd better buy a wheelchair then

Unread 26 Apr 2005, 00:57   #84
Kal'rek

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....
*Kal'rek shouts at his foot in anger at its imobilness* then appologises to No Dachi for being pushy