User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 22 Feb 2005, 09:08   #1
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough
The Notebook: ooc

I dont' know if this really that good and idea and if it isnt I will just use the exuse in the 'the testing range' thread: I'm very drunk.

Basically I thought that I would love to Dm a thread, but being a traveler in Australia i dont really have the time. So this means if I have any ideas for threads I dont know what to do with them. So then I thought of the Notebook idea, basically everyone and anyone can just post ideas for threads, settings, charactors and stuff. Then other people can then go and build on other peoples ideas if they think they are any good. Also in this thread you could put things like, "wouldn't it be amazing if there was a thread set in the Starship Troopers universe?"

You see its great right? like carrots or something....

Ok I'll start:

Ideas
- Insanity: This idea is pretty simple and basiaclly in this thread anything can happen, because you would all play as mental patients at a mental facitity that is controled by aliens(I hadn't really thought the aliens bit through and I just haddnt thought?) and everyone is crazy. Not completly insane because that would be pointless, but just enough so that you imagine things halucinate etc. So you will just have to sift through delousions and reality to escape the facility or save the world or something(again hadn't thought about that part. :eek:

-Yeah that idea... well I'm sorry i should have thought through my ideas before I posted this thread but I cant remember any more.

Wow look at that a first rate ideas generator...
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 23:14   #2
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

Hawk101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Notebook: ooc

Hey man , iam a newbie 2 ! Have you ever played eternal darkness on GC cause that realy does have kool insanity effects, if a thread had insanity effects + halluconations incorp but that wasnt the main plot then id play for sure, it could be quite funi if the Dm is imaginative or stoned in other words :P keep generating ideas !
Hawk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 23:57   #3
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Fluffie ran something along those lines for a while; called Reaper. Nothing quite like total memory loss to make you look like a madman. Wonder if he could be convinced (bullied) into restarting it.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 00:12   #4
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

Didnt inspectre do a memory loss thread a while (say, 2 or 3 years) back? I think it was called Identity crisis, never actually stayed on long enough to get the plot tho.
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 00:19   #5
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

As I reacll General D. Eath created a thread along the lines of forgotten memories and identitiy as well which sadly ceased to early called silent night. dore call trying to ask him what the ending roughly going to be like but he had forgotten at the time I did.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 01:02   #6
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

[totally off-topic] Nice go with deleting that GDer's thread THAT fast, I only just had enough time to read and neg-rep him for it [/totally off-topic]

Memory loss... Hmm, if someone would tell me what I'm doing around here I would pleased

:P

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 15:16   #7
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

absolutely nothing. never come back again.

here you go

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 18:34   #8
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Actually now I think about it the first 'memory loss' style thread was freeform, nothing had names, language itself didn't exist as such, just a bunch of "people" - though they didn't call themselves that - discovering things and inventing civilisation of a sort as they went. I think we got as far as 'fredding' around with something hot and red that had a name distinctly non-firey.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 18:45   #9
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

that was an evolution-thread

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 19:23   #10
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

Joy ! I have stated a very odd thread in which there will be hallutionations and insanity as the effect !
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 21:01   #11
Richpur
Just call me sir.

True, but it was the first one I recall where you had to rp a lack of memory.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 21:24   #12
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

well, you didn't really lack a memory, nothing existed yet, not even language but I suppose in some strange way it might be alike... you'd know however when your parents were near that you knew those people, and that they were your parents, you remembered everything they had tought you, you just had no idea what it was all called, and didn't fully understand the meaning of the bond you shared with those people

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 08:31   #13
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

Ideas:
Inquisitor: Oh God i will start this one i promise you it will be soooo good, but if i do it wont be till late july.... :P but thats only if someone else hasnt started a thread like it before me.
Now has anyone ever heard of the warhammer 40k universe? well a seperate game was brought out called inquisitor. and this meant that lovely things were available at your comand. Basically in this thread, you could have to develope a story line, most likely the killing of something Chaos, Tau, necron or tyranid. I dont really have that many ideas on the plot so much but there is much you can do as an inquisitor game allready exists (im sure you could easily translate a table top game into a thread rp...)

For the people that dont have a clue what warhammer is its based in the future where there is only war, and evil is kept (attempted to be) in check by the imperium. the iperial inquisiton are people that are chosen to go and solve and nutralise the hidden threats to the imperium. (things that all out fighting cant halt or stop) these inquisitors vary from the chaotic psychers that uses demonicaly posesed mutants in there quests. so there is a lot that could happen in the 40k universe.
yeha i rambled a bit but you know what i mean right?
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:15   #14
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

Yer i knew inquisitor, i stopping collection old warhammer like 2 years ago , they were cool figures , a bit less epic battles but a lot more plotted
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 09:09   #15
Kal'rek

Well, this isnt quite working out how i had imagined it. no one else is posting thread ideas, or threads that they would like to see. which was the whole idea, because then if someone wants to start a thread they can just look at this thread and pick from the many ideas. well i have another thing to add to the others.

Idea
Star wars. Well obviously every one wants to be a jedi(providing you have seen star wars, if you havent then... well die or somethign.) So i dont know why there isnt a thread in the star wars universe. Again i want to start a thread on this when im back in england (roll on july) as i have a story line idea bassed just after episode 1. well thats it... Good biel
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 16:35   #16
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

Noone has done a star wars thread becaus it inevitably sparks arguments over how it fits into the universe (interestingly more than historical threads do). I cant remember if it was on this or another forum, but one argument ended up at nearly 2 pages befor the thread was abandoned.
Plus a KOTOR type time-frame would be cooler IMO, its about the only time when both sides of the force are near enough to equal to make in intersting combat, and where the outcome is unsure, (except to people who read too many fanfics). Possibly a mandalorian war thread, or one running paralell to KOTOR? (or mayb eps 1-3, but most of that has been exploited aleady by lucas arts, eg. Republic commando, Clone Wars (the godly cartoon, Tartakovsky rules!!, battlefront). I'm just throwing ideas around tbh, I dont intend to do any of these, (plus i havent finished KOTOR yet, when i first played it Halo came along (hey, a Halo Rp would be kinda cool), and then i started again, and one of my freinds "borrowed" it, then gave back all discs apart from the play disc)
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 16:54   #17
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

well in my other forum i was trying to get someone to take the lead in starwars thread set in the jedi civil war. the only thing i want out of it is to have a jedi and an apprentice(i want the apprentice). from there we can play off in some other sector.

Also been toying with the idea of puting a handful of people in a squad, and stick them in some of the major battles of the trilogy. could start at Yavin during some imperial attack after the death star. second could do hoth, maybe cloud city. Then endor as the rebel comandos there. After that i don't know.
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 18:09   #18
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

the problem with setting them between/in movies is that there is a set storyline with set outcomes.

If we go in as commandos on Hoth to blow that generator up, we already know that we'll win, after all, the story has to have that generator destroyed.

However it would be possible to run way before the movies and possibly even before the mandalorian wars, just for some interesting things to do

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 19:56   #19
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

oh yeah plenty of time between even kotor2 and episode one someone just needs an enemy.
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 19:59   #20
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
before the mandalorian wars, just for some interesting things to do
because nothing interesting happened in the mandalorian wars...
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 22:45   #21
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaag
Noone has done a star wars thread becaus it inevitably sparks arguments over how it fits into the universe (interestingly more than historical threads do). I cant remember if it was on this or another forum, but one argument ended up at nearly 2 pages befor the thread was abandoned
I thought no one has done a star wars thread on here (at least recently) is Bakan had the monopoly on them.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 22:59   #22
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

He does space combat threads, something similar but not quite.
He does them quite well too [hint hint the latest onslaught still needs a DM ]

Admittedly, A star wars thread would be rubbish, having it prat about with the works of classic scifi genius. Damned EU.
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 23:18   #23
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaag
(hey, a Halo Rp would be kinda cool)

yeah
it kinda died :\

and the first onslaught was the best anyhow
use a ship you REALLY liked
and if not, you were to blame for having it

not some limited ship 'cause the DM is a bitch with slots and credits

(saying this'll probably cost me dearly in Doom. oh well )
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 00:13   #24
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Starts whistling*
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 09:27   #25
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

If anyone can create a successful Mad Max RP, or some kind of underground racing RP involving rule-breaking, smashing things and improvised weaponary based around something like NFSU or another environment/universe I will worship them for life......

Bare in mind, this is my definition of successful here.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 18:45   #26
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

hmm, i have a kind of warrior/street racer/car modding pen+paper RPG i could dig out if poked enough, never actually tried it tho, and it may not work on the forums.
No improv weaponry or rule breaking tho.... However it does involve smashing things
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 21:10   #27
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

What about that Insane Asylum one that ran bout the time I joined?

Run by Jakamakaze I think...

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:42   #28
Kal'rek

Idea

Dont not come one the forums for about 3 months!
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 15:32   #29
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

adam: That's J-Kama-Ka-C

How about a thread following the experiences of a group of people in a war? Only, not a fictional war (e.g. Sol War), but a real one that happened in the past, such as the Napoleonic Wars or Spanish Conquistadors vs. Aztecs.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote