User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Jun 2009, 12:38   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Insomnia - The Farewell

As another round is ending, I want to take the oppertunity to thank you all on behalf of myself and Insomnia!
Enemies, friends and randoms! You've all made our time in Planetarion very enjoyable! It is with great sorrow, and yet great relief, that I announce that Insomnia will be no more.

When I founded Insomnia in round 10.5 I had a dream to make an alliance that were laidback, friendly and humours, yet skilled, dedicated and effective.
I am proud to have achieved that. Never have so many friendly alcoholics, drugaddicts, gamblers and Sebos been gathered in one alliance! We had some impact on the game most of the rounds we played, and I like to think that we gave something back to the community by always taking in new faces and teaching them how to combine alcohol with Planetarion! Infact, theres a huge amount of players around still that has been in Insomnia at some point. It makes me glad when they do well.

So for this round I managed to get back some of the really old core, and a bunch from the glorious rounds(round 17? when we actually did finnish a round, and a decent one aswell) and some new faces. Our only aim was to have fun!

Some of theese guys have been fighting loyally along my side for 7 years(!) and more, never ever questoning my emo rages, my drunken war declarations or my decisions in general. I am proud to have played along such usless and pathetic men!

As some of you might already know, Insomnia was back this round just as a reunion. One last go at this game together! The round has been okay for us. We haven't had a very strict round. People have played as active as they can. However, with a semi active round, enough beer stockpiled for 7 weeks and unstable politics, we did well.

The original HC of Insomnia was myself, Bee, mulan, Killerbij and InTguRu. Since then, there has been ALOT of people helping me out with tech, HCing, DCing etc. I can't even start mentioning names! I just want to thank you all Smile
We have been on and off for alot of rounds, disbanded I think atleast 3 times, lost a few wars and crashed alot of fleets. Nevertheless, I am happy. I have few regrets, and I had alot of fun!

Also, there is one guy that does need mentioning. Although theres been alot of people helping out, I could not have done Insomnia without Mek. He has been there to help me when I was too drunk, pour beer into me when I was to sober and in general pulling some weight off my shoulders. If he hadnt been around, I would not have been able to run Insomnia. Thankyou Mek you hairy f**k!

Although some parts of me wants Insomnia to go on, I have come to realize that the amount of time and dedication I have to put into it to make it work just aint worth it anymore. I might be around myself for some fall/winter rounds, but Insomnia will cease to exist as an alliance once this round ends.

So on behalf of everyone that has been Insomnia, and to everyone that has been Insomnia, the universe, God, Mom, Spinner and the rest of you!

Goodluck and Farewell o/

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 12:42   #2
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Insomnia - The Farewell

most fun ally i've ever been part of!

Thanks Jonas, Mek and all others in Insomnia for this round and r17. It has been awesome

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 13:39   #3
a.k.a. BSE

11111 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Jonas!
Sorry for not calling you the other day.
;-)

And to all Insomnia members through out the years.
Thank you for all the defence at night, when I was sleeping.

-BSE
11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 14:41   #4
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Thank you Insomnia. We had great times and its been a pleasure to play with you guys..

Just remember those sick times when me and Bronto dc'ed till 7am without a minute of sleep. Man we sacrifized alot for a tickgame^^ Anyways I think it has been a nice farewell round and sorry for my inactivity the last 3 weeks I just lost the interest in pa these days. Regardless it was my last round as active player..I'll support the community with free scans now and if any of you are interested to play again after summer contact me we get Destiny going again as some of you know already. Enjoy the summer and maybe we will meet again one day

P.S: VERDAMMT!! xD

peace out

Antigone

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 15:10   #5
D666
Death666

D666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers guys...it has been fun

Alliances - =IRON= | [APA] | InSomnia| Subh | ROCK | Insurrection | LOST | Redemption | the horde |We Hart Hunter
D666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 15:37   #6
Morker

Morker is an unknown quantity at this point

There were times, mostly late at night or early in the morning, when I felt like hitting myself upside the head for ever agreeing to play another round.
"I'll play, but don't expect too much activity". Yeh... right... I can still see myself write it.

/me blames Jonas

Neh, was a good round. Great team, lot's of fun, and even a pretty damned good overall alliance performance. Going out with a bang

Cheers all!

Morker
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 15:47   #7
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I've always held insomnia in high esteem... all the best jonas and crew
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 16:24   #8
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for a great time. I guess the day that i joined Ins from HR i never realised just how much of a journey i would be embarking on.

i think the only thing i regret is the line "i don't want to be just a peon"

This round has been awesome and getting to play with some of the very old core, some of the people from the 2nd generation of insomnia and some new faces has been really great we have, and have always, a lot of really talented players in the ranks and i know that they will have no problems finding suitable alliances in the future....and i am also confident that these players will give it 100% for their new homes and make us all proud

thanks to the reunion round players:

Antigone, Bee, BSE, Death666, end bringer, ElmOow, fellah, GreenWolf, Grouse, Husche, illmatics, Jerven, Jinstarro, Jonas, Killrog, kjelle, Logical, lustig, Mek, Morker, Nacho, Radon, Rock, Sebos, Sjor, Supergans, Vasquin and VdM - not forgetting our token out of tag scanner Mystic

special thanks also to the night scanners GreenWolf and Mystic...DCing would have been total hell without you two :P

I would also like to say thankyou to our allies this round DLR and Evolution. Been great working with you guys and i look forward to working with you guys in the future. Big thanks also to the BGs for banding together, i wish you all the best for the future. Being in a channel with you guys enabled me to see alot of people in a new light and drop some preconceived ideas about certain people (lo VenoX :P)

I dont think i could end this post without giving special thanks to Jonas. I didn't regret anything of what has happened over the years i have known you I think that we are on the same wave length and have similar attitudes in many aspects has led to a brilliant HC relationship. Although i helped a lot for you with insomnia, i definitely couldn't do it without you either. You are the guy who gives us insomniacs focus and you know i am, along with the others, always with you in everything 100%. I also have met a lot of people throughout the insomnia experience that i would call friends, you are top of that list. We still have to organise that Insomnia piss up in Norway so i can finally show you how to drink :P

I think we all deserve many many beers this weekend for all the hard work.

Insomnia forever!

Mek

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 12 Jun 2009 at 16:31.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 17:53   #9
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i also just got my phonebill for the round of international texting, international calling, being called by jonas and dialing people but reaching their voicemail.

also, i would like to claim a special award for ringing VdM 55 times in 1 and a half hours to wake him up :P

Unread 12 Jun 2009, 18:34   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
i also just got my phonebill for the round of international texting, international calling, being called by jonas and dialing people but reaching their voicemail.

also, i would like to claim a special award for ringing VdM 55 times in 1 and a half hours to wake him up :P
54 times Mek, get your facts straight!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 19:19   #11
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

I shall inform you of my phonebill once it comes. I am sure it will be huge. Thankyou Anakyn for picking up when im ringing Brazil... :P

Retired
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 20:22   #12
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

I would also like to declare moral victory for insomnia, not only shall we finish with 3rd highest avg in pa, most important is WE FINISHED A ROUND!

Unread 12 Jun 2009, 21:23   #13
Vassy
Boozer

Vassy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the memories InS!

and lustig for outragious drunken entertainment ever witnessed in Insomnia <3
Vassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 22:57   #14
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Meh, Insomnia is such a great name for an alliance in pa, why you quit :/
Ah I know you'll return ^^
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2009, 03:28   #15
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
I would also like to declare moral victory for insomnia, not only shall we finish with 3rd highest avg in pa, most important is WE FINISHED A ROUND!
Would have been 4th highest if it hadn't been for my gracious donation of 4M value to Cortana on the last day.
Unread 13 Jun 2009, 04:57   #16
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Circle jerks are annoying. Stop this Jonas.
Unread 13 Jun 2009, 08:50   #17
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Sometimes I wonder if they make Insomnia just because they can make a huge emotional quit posts every time they play.
Unread 13 Jun 2009, 11:22   #18
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

We do Kargool.

Retired
Unread 13 Jun 2009, 12:15   #19
Jinstarro
the Jinsomniac

Jinstarro is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the round guys and gals and Sebos, it has been a good time. Now it's time to take a bunch of painkillers to ease on the hungover (from the constant drinking during the round). A little more alcohol won't hurt either!

Jinstarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 16:18   #20
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Oh noes! Bye Insomnia! Had a good time with ya'll the brief period of time I was with you! *waves*
Unread 5 Aug 2009, 14:23   #21
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Waffles man, waffles!

That was a good hc team, I miss them all Why didn't I join that round, hmm
Unread 5 Aug 2009, 15:23   #22
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

cos u were inactive, as per
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 22:17   #23
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

..what?
..we disbaned?
..did we play?
oh hell.

Still, take care Jonas and all the others, remember it's better to stay drunkt than actually sobering up and getting that hangover..
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 22:28   #24
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Haha Alki. I still have a bunch of screenshots from the first Waffles gal. Was so fun

You knew we were playing Ziw, you just did a Houdini on us right before we started!

Retired
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 22:32   #25
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Pft.
I never said I was going to play.
Atleast not whilst sober.

And IF I said I was going to call whilst drunkt, and you got your hopes all high stright after I commented on your breast. Well then you'we learnd something!
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 15:31   #26
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

You are never sober, so anything you agree to whilst drunk is valid!

Retired
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 16:07   #27
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

You guys are pretty cool, drinking alcohol and stuff.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2009, 14:18   #28
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

You should try it, Linkie.

Retired
Unread 9 Aug 2009, 14:33   #29
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

He does, he just doesn't post about it repeatedly on the internet.
Unread 9 Aug 2009, 14:43   #30
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
He does, he just doesn't post about it repeatedly on the internet.
He just prefers stories about his underage gf's!
Unread 10 Aug 2009, 09:09   #31
Mek
InSomniac

thread necromancy

and ziw, you bastard, how could you not have been with us on the farewell round

Unread 10 Aug 2009, 09:12   #32
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I shall inform you of my phonebill once it comes. I am sure it will be huge. Thankyou Anakyn for picking up when im ringing Brazil... :P
what was your phonebill after that round Jonas?

Unread 10 Aug 2009, 10:44   #33
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Not as bad as I had feared... think it was like £200 on PA stuff :P

Retired
Unread 10 Aug 2009, 10:56   #34
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
£200 on PA stuff :P
...and I thought better of you Jonas

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2009, 11:49   #35
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
thread necromancy

and ziw, you bastard, how could you not have been with us on the farewell round
He was too busy trying to be cool!

Unread 10 Aug 2009, 12:14   #36
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Not as bad as I had feared... think it was like £200 on PA stuff :P
lol...hardcore

Unread 17 Aug 2009, 23:44   #37
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Holy crap I still have my account. I really enjoyed my time with you chaps, despite having to watch the boundless incoming at 4am, then try to think through def and fake def. Ah, to be young again.

InS was a good time alliance, I have many fond memories. Particularly Vdj, Jonas and Mek most especially.