User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Jul 2005, 03:30   #1
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
round 14 predictions

this is always a good topic for a laugh, and since we haven't seen it yet, and I'm bored out of my skull...here goes..........

I'll look forward to your comments :P
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 03:38   #2
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough
Re: round 14 predictions

the alliance exilition players go to will fight for top3 regardless of wich ally.
hopefully angels will get their win ;P
hydra will be top5 same with lch and 1up.
last ally in top5 will be hr or nos depending on who leaves and who stays
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 11:21   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

'x alliance for the win' without any kind of reasoning is simply rubbish and gets deleted.

You have been warned, chaps
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 12:27   #4
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

I actually have no favourites for r14, to me it looks like a completely open round, which is kinda exciting

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 13:25   #5
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I believe 1up will be back with some vengeance this coming round. Hydra will make a top5 spot considering the quality of there memberbase, just depends if they all quit (/me winks at Spelly)

NewDawn will be out of the running for a major position with a much needed rebuilding round due to the loss of and removal of some members.

ToT could be back with a strong chance of doing well if they build with there core from last round.

NoS will get pwned by Grog
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 13:30   #6
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

I think 1up have a fairly good chance to win again. And I think Angels, Hydra, ToT, and hopefully WP and LCH will have highish ranks also. Off the top of my head i'd say Angels and 1up will be battling away for #1, and the universe will mainly be devided into 1up-friendly, and non-1up-friendly alliances. But that's all speculation from looking at the round 14 alliance list without too much thought going into it.

Last edited by god113; 9 Jul 2005 at 20:07.
god113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 14:26   #7
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

I think 1up will have a run for their money this round. They no longer have such a large advantage from members from what I have seen, the standards are much lower. Can the leadership win it for them? Perhaps.

So I predict the round will completely depend on the politics and leadership of all alliances. To be more precise a round more like r11 than the two sided fights that took place in r13. Who will win? That im not sure, a few alliances have slipped down from last round as im sure most have. So in my opinion it is open to anyone with the balls to take it. Uh, wait....

Congratulations 1up

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 15:17   #8
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personally I believe LCH or Angels will be looking for the round win, since rnd 11 LCH have had the quality, they have had the top planets, then they just fk up politically. I dont know why but I feel this round will have less about politics but more about fighting, in which case LCH will be at the top. You cant deny they are a classy alliance.

Angels are my other tip. Once again a good HC team, and MO team and dedicated members for once (thankgod you learnt your lesson from fang, yet you still took in hydra...) They could of been winners last round, the mistakes they made last round im sure they wont make this round, overall a capable alliance as shown last round with some ass kicking ability.
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 01:12   #9
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think it seems the 3 current alliances with a chance are LCH, 1up and Angels; and a lot will depend where the EXilition members go, and whether any new alliances are formed. *cough*.

For now, I'll pick Angels. Hostility between LCH and 1up is too deeply ingrained, and with Angels having played a fence-walking game, they have no real enemies carried over from last round, they are more free to engage whomever they decide. Especially with 1up's primary ally from previous rounds, NewDawn, unlikely to take a major part as they undergo a huge rebuilding effort...

Top 5; I really have no idea how strong allies are going to be. Perhaps VisioN will get back up there where they belong (Go barney! \o/ ), or maybe Wolfpack will have a chance to progress as an alliance without being butt****ed by an internal group. Or maybe HR will have held together well enough to stick up there; and the other contenders I see are Insomnia (if they bring decent numbers to teh table) and Hydra (again, #s)
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 09:00   #10
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
IHostility between LCH and 1up is too deeply ingrained
[]LCH[] always resets politics after each round. 1Up is no different from any other alliance. I personally hate the anti AllyA or anti allyB feelings.

The first round 1up played they won. Congrats, The second round they played they oozed arrogance from all their pores, which ignited a lot of anti 1up feelings, not only in LCH, but through most alliances. Last round, 1up decided to block with 4 other before battles started, which forced us to go anti 1up block.

This new round all politics are reset. For []LCH[] this means we go into the ticks with a blank slate. Remember that some rounds ago LCH and VSN were very hostile to each other too. Some may ot have noticed, but after the deep running hostility between LCh and VSN we had a few rounds of friendlyness between us. So, nothing is impossible.

Remy. []LCH[] HC
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 09:12   #11
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

yes yes, its funny how 1up controls the universe even when they're in the lower half of top10 for a entire round.

I'd like someone who isnt completely crap to win, so Id say 1up.

gogo 1up.

did I mention 1up?

1up!
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 09:18   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

LCH and 1up should block together.

THEN THE OLD TIMES EVERYONE CRAVES FOR, CAN ROLL ON ONCEMORE!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 09:30   #13
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Ok my predictions.

1) A current top 10 alliance will win the round.
2) New Dawn will not finish top 5.
3) Lch will be top 3.
4) Vision will feel they ahve a chance, then simply hit low score planets/galaxies, taking away that chance.
5) NoS will NOT finish top 5 after their fencesitting of last round. Angels will.
6) Zhil will lose all his ships.
7) Forest will declare war.
8) Storebo will once again be allowed to calc, but permission will be granted for one battle only.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 13:49   #14
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I think Angels will do fine, because of their good rankings last round.
As they were one of the top alliances last round, i think they will be even stronger this round.
I think 1uP or LCH also could be a contender for the win.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 14:19   #15
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_

Looks to me you had fun in HAVOC in that gal with me and the other LCH guys
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 14:49   #16
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_

Kj would have kittens
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 15:06   #17
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Round 14 predictions:
- A moderator would remove my previous post because he didnt agree that i would win
- I win
- G-II ends in top10

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 16:36   #18
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
- I win
In a one-man universe yes.
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 19:49   #19
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

f-crew for top 10!!!
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 21:02   #20
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

the winners will gloat and the losers will claim they cheated

basically its "same sh*t differant round"

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 21:58   #21
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I dont recall anyone saying 1up cheated. Same as other alliances in other rounds.

Mud only sticks where it is warranted
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 22:12   #22
ironhell
Gifted

ironhell is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Nos ll might get a hard time after last round. If ToT can play as good as last round they ll have a big chance on average score, but I think LCH will be the winner.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
There was only one galaxy we couldn't seem to break (lo ironhell)
r3 11:14
r4 130:12
r5 25:20
r6 39:9
ironhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 22:33   #23
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

I think 1up will be coming back hard, with Ex spread around the universe, I think Angels might be their main contester atm. LCH is always up there, doubt they will be winning unless they play their cards very well. I think Hydra might surprise, aswell as my very own Insomnia.

Other than that, HR will probably be fighting as usual and hopefully ToF will keep up there. Allie slike WP VsN VGN Veneratio and Rock will also have their say. Not sure what ToT is doing,t hey will probably be hih on average anyway

Allies I doubt will do very good are ND(due to recent events) and NoS(as they really dont have any friends, and as I doubt any1 will nap em this round)

atm I think it would look like this(im leaving Insomnia out of it for this one)

1up
Angels
LCH
(the three I think can win)
Hydra
ToF
NoS
WP
HR
Veneratio
VgN
VsN

Something like that

anyway, goodluck all

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 23:20   #24
Melesse
The Nephilim

Melesse is an unknown quantity at this point

My guess is that Coven will make a stunning upset win until there's 73 ticks of the game left, and all the spies from the other alliances leave and go back to their alliances.

Melesse
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 00:01   #25
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
[]LCH[] always resets politics after each round. 1Up is no different from any other alliance. I personally hate the anti AllyA or anti allyB feelings.
Resetting politics would be ideal, obviously, but as you'll know, it can be quite hard!

For instance, someone wants to hit 1up, they think 'oo, LCH always hate 1up' and approach LCH for assistance. This is in LCH's interests, so they hit 1up and hostility is sparked again.

Then tempers can flair leading to long term dislike amongst members; or you get members who already dislike another alliance joining an alliance they consider as their enemies. (for example, Almeida has always joined alliances hostile to 1up since leaving ND, thus helping ensure they remain hostile).

It takes strong leadership combined with a membership that doesn't hold grudges and the right political environment in order to prevent this sort of thing happening, good luck with that!
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 09:31   #26
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
Kj would have kittens
lovely

On a more serious note ... I think once again that 1up is the main candidate for winning r14. LCH will no doubt be a close runner up but if it comes down to a battle between both (which normally should happen if both want to win the round) then I see 1up win since I still think they are the best alliance out there. And with best I mean on all areas combined (they have their strong but also weak points).
I don't see Hydra play for the victory simply cause they're too small and if they'd ever get in a top position then alot will aim to take them out due to the things that happened last round.

To Pig, we only took in 1 Hydra. His name was Keizari.
To Gate, we didn't play a fence-walking game but I understand that it can be argued about.

About Angels, we have the same chance on performing well as we did at the start of r13. The only improvement we can do is to actually win a round ... I guess we'll see what this round brings us.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 10:26   #27
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Ok my predictions.....

4) Vision will feel they ahve a chance, then simply hit low score planets/galaxies, taking away that chance.
why do the words dont open you mouth unless you know what your talking about spring to mind (dont remember the last time we hit a small galaxy)

my predictions for the round are that the #1 spot will be a straight race between 1UP and angels, the most hotly contested spot will be 3rd between a LOT of allys.

Think NoS's antics last round seams to have stirred up a lot of bad feeling (not from me but from others) so they will have a hard time of it, a top 10 round for f-crew from what i saw of them last round would not be out of the question either. i wont predict for vision cos its hardly fair
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)

Last edited by barney; 11 Jul 2005 at 11:24. Reason: removed childish comment that really made me giggle :P
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 15:52   #28
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I can't see LCH cpmpeting for a top 2 position. People keep saying thier names every round, and everyone round they take the big shit.
I am strongly in favor of Angels winning the round as their member base is solid and established, and they probably would have performed the same rather 1up owned last round or not. I can see 1up coming in a strong second, and depending on how angels do thier politics 1up may can squeeze 1st. Hrm, people are counting Nos out to quickly I think, WP being one of the only allies with 95+ members will be in the top 4. HR will finish higher thna ND as I am under the impression that ND lost a big chunk of people to the G alliance thingy. Hydra will come in top 6, and if tot play maybe top 7.
Finally, after about 4 rounds, being in the top 10 is actually an acheivement. veneration and ToF ofc will be in the top 8-10 spot solidly.
Actually I don't know anything.
It will be a fun round.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 17:01   #29
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

I think LCH might suprise the lot of yeh this round, here's my two cents: 1. lch 2. 1up 3. angels 4. HR 5. WPO 6. Hydra 7. ToT 8. ND 9. insomnia 10. ToF.

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 17:09   #30
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Jonas, am I missing something or are you counting ND out of the top 11? Just wondering, any particular reason?
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 17:22   #31
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

they restructured their alliance, lost the head techie and a couple senior officers to G-II, they split from SiN and got what, less than 60 members left? It could be realistic to say that ND wont end top10. Hope they get some fresh meat into the alliance and keeps going tho.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 18:03   #32
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i keep stealing all the fresh meat gate wants to recruit

i think ND will do well...mabey around the lower to latter half of the top 10 but i think they definately got the quality, so it wud be wrong to rule them out completely.

im looking at 1up to wrap this round up, LCH and Angels scrap for 2nd..

perhaps the alliances im looking at for most improved are [APA], Insomnia, ToF and Veneratio

good luck all

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 18:48   #33
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
why do the words dont open you mouth unless you know what your talking about spring to mind (dont remember the last time we hit a small galaxy)

You clearly missed all my posts having fun at the alliance cause they kept wasting there time trying to kill my gal which was ranked approx 130th.

Unless you call that big?
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 18:58   #34
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Last round, 1up decided to block with 4 other before battles started, which forced us to go anti 1up block.
Errr, this is quite blatent propaganda. This is EXTREMELY debateable, I don't have the time to argue on the point, but I disagree strongly with this point, due to it being complete and utter bullshit.

Quote:
This new round all politics are reset.
They are? Then why are you engaging in propaganda based on last rounds politics? Ohhh, has last round not ended yet?
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 19:02   #35
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Hostility between LCH and 1up is too deeply ingrained
It is? This is the first I have heard of it. There are people amongst LCH HC that I would class as friends, and I am aware of no bad feelings towards them at all. There is the friendly competitiveness that always occurs in this game, but there is certainly no hostility towards LCH of the sort you are implying. I'd go as far as to suggest that LCH are an alliance that 1up has particular respect for due to their battling nature and previous deeds on the battlefield.

The general feeling I always get from 1up about LCH is that they are chronic underachievers, which I think is a fair point, and I am sure LCH would agree with this if they were being honest with themselves.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 19:28   #36
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
To Gate, we didn't play a fence-walking game but I understand that it can be argued about.
I would say you did; after the early debacle, you avoided direct conflict with any single particular alliance, unless they were already engaged or hit you first. I'd class that as fence-walking; not saying it's bad, you managed it well and have the military for people to fear you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
It is? This is the first I have heard of it.
I didn't mean direct animosity between HC or whatever. For instance, I would class Mek as a friend, he's been HR for rounds during times when ND and HR were always hostile to each other. As I said in my reply above, due to circumstance, it's just always come out as 1up and LCH being hostile, and because people expect it to continue, it may very well continue. As you said in your post, last round was being discussed and such discussions can have an effect on how things go this round too.

As for ND, I would be extremely surprised and pleased with a top 10 place. We have a lot of work to do to get things back together well.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 19:45   #37
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

A friendly message to Gate from me.

i have the feeling you use this forum to ventilate YOUR frustrations about LCH in any post you make.
All I see is LCH did this, LCH will do that........

YOU are the one who keep trying to put oil on a fire that has gone out 3 rounds ago.

in short.

Cut the bull and look ahead, it might make you feel better
#multihunters
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 20:27   #38
Bashar
Idle Git

Well Gate, all I can say is there is no bad feelings towards LCH at any level within 1up (with the possible exception of individuals who have their own reasons, though I know of no such cases), and the impression your post gave me was that you were suggesting this to be the case.

The way politics has fallen is just the way politics has fallen, and it is strange that you pick out LCH for this, after all VsN, Angels, ToT and others fall into exactly the same circumstances.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 20:48   #39
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Ace is right gate.

There is no animosity between lch and 1up.

Lch went after 3rd place instead of 1st during a certain round... remember?

In all fairness ace, I really don't think you can speak for your whole alliance members on what they feel towards 1up. I really don't think the 'fire' is out so to speak. Maybe for you it is... And that's fine. But... all the others?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 20:51   #40
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Btw, I fully realize the fact that I maybe completely wrong, and LCH is disciplined enough to have actually gotten over. The above post is just the more likely of the two... I mean, what alliance has the ability to control thoughts right?
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 21:03   #41
Ace
PA Team

LCH members are mature enough to understand a new round is a new round and has new politics.
Even our youngsters understand that.

As most know I normaly don't respond to bull on AD but the constant anti LCH posting by Gate & co made me post a reply.

The new round still has to start and ALL alliances are set to neutral in our arbi (like evey round)

I hope the anti LCH stuff would stop.
#multihunters
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 21:08   #42
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

ace, i think your taking a kinda inocent comment and making out like gate is responcible for all the anti lch propoganda crap that floats these boards m8

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 21:12   #43
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
LCH members are mature enough to understand a new round is a new round and has new politics.
Even our youngsters understand that.

As most know I normaly don't respond to bull on AD but the constant anti LCH posting by Gate & co made me post a reply.

The new round still has to start and ALL alliances are set to neutral in our arbi (like evey round)

I hope the anti LCH stuff would stop.
Respectable... I'm not sure I believe it tbh, but that's not for me to say anymore You know lch better than I do. But... in the interest of conversation... It's all fair and nice to assume that reputations disappear... But the "beating on 3rd place" instead of "beating on 1st place" was kind of silly in the eyes of some.

3 rounds ago... You think it should be forgotten? Does that mean we should forget that LDK are a bunch of cheating gits? or how about the accomplishments of some of the smaller alliances in leaping up the ranks over the rounds? You can't pick and choose what you're remembered by.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 21:23   #44
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The fact is, given a choice, some people would rather to lose to 1up than to ND. Considering by all accounts LCH played a fairly clean round last time round, then maybe the slate should be wiped clean if they've behaved reasonably for a round.

Arbiter set to neutral - does that include your allies or are you solo, I don't know, for the record. If you're setting everyone to neutral, that's pretty admirable.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 21:32   #45
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
The fact is, given a choice, some people would rather to lose to 1up than to ND. Considering by all accounts LCH played a fairly clean round last time round, then maybe the slate should be wiped clean if they've behaved reasonably for a round.

Arbiter set to neutral - does that include your allies or are you solo, I don't know, for the record. If you're setting everyone to neutral, that's pretty admirable.

At the start of every round all alliances are set to neutral.

And alliance politics are ofc not talked about on AD, but you know that
#multihunters
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 21:42   #46
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Constant anti LCH posting?

Here

Quote:
Also, special notes about LCH who impressed me more this round, they showed more spine and combined it with good gameplay.
Here

Quote:
However, in their clearouts I must support them. They dropped quite a bit behind SiNND in doing so and show that they don't just care about short term rank. Clearing out the 'chaff' should benefit the alliance overall and is a move I applaud.
Not been keeping up, have we? I think Rinoa may have noticed the praise I've given LCH and can confirm my change in attitude.

Why would you possibly want to believe I'm trying to insult LCH here? In my posting, I don't see how I was remotely critical of LCH. Just bringing up aspects which can affect politics an lead to consistently similar politics is more realistic critique than insultive propaganda IMO.

EDIT: Oh yea, back on topic. I think LCH will finish T3 behind 1up and Angels. This is, unless another alliance gets formed or further disbandments happen.

Last edited by Gate; 11 Jul 2005 at 21:50.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 07:50   #47
Atolla
Subh HC

Atolla is an unknown quantity at this point

Angels finish #1

NoS/ 1up will be fighting for #2

LCH goes for #3

Unread 12 Jul 2005, 09:32   #48
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Apart from the fact that it is admirable, it is rather a healthy yet needed action for your alliance to take for it to start in a neutral and favourable position politics-wise. Why blow up bridges before the round started? Why make potential enemies before the round etc?

I'm talking in general here though, so nobody list me some exceptions cause I know they exist. in GENERAL it is wiser to start with adding all alliances as neutral, unless you block, have allies or another alliance openly declared war or hostility towards you.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2005, 10:32   #49
lokken
BlueTuba

Occaisonally some alliances believe they'll have to eliminate certain rivals to be victorious, and have other alliances to support them and take the shit for them, plus it means you have control on who's alliance to what and means you are a step ahead of the opposition in making agreements.

But yes, for most alliances taking a neutral position is usually profitable as long as there's good relationships to back you up when you're going to inevitably need them.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 12:13   #50
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Occaisonally some alliances believe they'll have to eliminate certain rivals to be victorious, and have other alliances to support them and take the shit for them, plus it means you have control on who's alliance to what and means you are a step ahead of the opposition in making agreements.

But yes, for most alliances taking a neutral position is usually profitable as long as there's good relationships to back you up when you're going to inevitably need them.
I agree, though I was more aiming at the fact that putting an alliance on hostile because of what happened last round isn't really putting your alliance in the "most" favourable position. I just think it's common to start a round with everything on neutral. During the round however, you decide what politics and wars are needed to obtain your goal.
That's how Angels did it last round, though reality proved us that quite a few alliance didn't start with putting all on neutral (I'm sure it's easy to figure out which ones).

I probably worded it wrongly, but that's what I meant to aim at.

FA Gaming community