User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 15 Jul 2012, 16:27   #351
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 47 Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Why would i, neroon is delusional, why would i waste my res on it
Pot.. kettle.. black

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 16:32   #352
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
well.. i did at least newsie u to see the SK`s in da action
Hehe, yeah, those death structures is gonna do the remaining of my round a living hell

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 17:17   #353
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Also, with co, like I said, 3mill co gets stopped by 10k buccs. But, they only have so many bucc fleets. Spreading it out means more lands as an alliance
Or you could've picked a better strat..
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 17:35   #354
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

From looking at various sources arent CT predomiantly Cat/Xan? and wasnt Xan quite good defensively this round... how are they not covering more of their incommings??
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 18:08   #355
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

one could come up with a brilliant tactic of losing all the roids asap, leave the rankwhores still claim a good ranking and then hope for haven to quit hittin em cos of low roids and shit lands..
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 19:50   #356
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
From looking at various sources arent CT predomiantly Cat/Xan? and wasnt Xan quite good defensively this round... how are they not covering more of their incommings??
Because of not grounding.

Apparently using 4 fleets to make up one wave on a 800 roid 3mil value tgt is a better strat than using those same 4 fleets to cover incs on 1-2k roid planets. Im a novice so it is beyond my comprehension.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 20:03   #357
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Hey now those 200 roids they capped by far offset the 17k odd they lost today - it was worthwhile

All i know if i was in CT and getting my roid nabbed whilst top planets were out attacking and capping roids and most likely defleeching for any incs they got i would be mighty pissed right about now!
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 20:06   #358
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hey now those 200 roids they capped by far offset the 17k odd they lost today - it was worthwhile

All i know if i was in CT and getting my roid nabbed whilst top planets were out attacking and capping roids and most likely defleeching for any incs they got i would be mighty pissed right about now!
fair is fair, its not only the top planets attacking, the whole alliance is. Shouldnt make it sound like Fang last round because its not.
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 20:14   #359
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Yes but those top ten planets arent getting any incs aswell, well aint getting landed on anyway. Shouldnt you all be pulling together? Or do some members pull differently to others??

How do we know its not like FaNG? Just better hidden....
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 20:45   #360
MiX
Who cares?

Quote:
Yes but those top ten planets arent getting any incs aswell, well aint getting landed on anyway. Shouldnt you all be pulling together? Or do some members pull differently to others??

How do we know its not like FaNG? Just better hidden....
You cant really hide someone attacking when everyone is grounded. CT doesnt ground, so this situation as in Fang cant excist.

Defense wise big planets tend to get priority, but there are several good reasons for that.
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 21:24   #361
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX View Post
You cant really hide someone attacking when everyone is grounded. CT doesnt ground, so this situation as in Fang cant excist.

Defense wise big planets tend to get priority, but there are several good reasons for that.
Planet win over alliance??
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 22:37   #362
MiX
Who cares?

Quote:
Planet win over alliance??
No, if an alliance has incoming on a big planet and a little planet, if the big planet gets roided the alliance loses more than when the little planet gets roided. Sad truth.

Its a little like those "too big to fail" companies and banks that get government hand outs when they threaten to go out of business in a bad economy. That said, saving a lot of little planets can be a better choice than saving a single big planet, but in both cases, grounding fleets for defense is a good idea.
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 22:39   #363
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX View Post

I think you mean certain people get priority...considering your top xan got roided rather easily along with other "top planets"..can guarantee you that if they were certain other members of your alliance, that would not have happened!

Lets face it, its no small fact that CT def whores the same 2 or 3 players every round...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2012, 22:58   #364
MiX
Who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
I think you mean certain people get priority...considering your top xan got roided rather easily along with other "top planets"..can guarantee you that if they were certain other members of your alliance, that would not have happened!

Lets face it, its no small fact that CT def whores the same 2 or 3 players every round...
Youre right, main difference is that they come online and DC their own incs. While some other ppl dont. When shit hits the planets that dont come to DC usually end up getting shafted. As long as the DCs dont overcover themselves that is actually pretty much fine with me.
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 01:33   #365
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

budious has a spectacular aura aboutbudious has a spectacular aura about

Since DLR was taking round off I have been playing with CT this round. I joined a little before tick 400, and by last week was ranked 5th in CT for defense points, ala having been shorted quite a few also.

So all these mass incomings start, I'm online making incoming scans and making my own calcs, but CT's shit webby figures I'm not important enough to defend so it filters out my incomings from the DC pages. I'm ranked 30th in CT at the time. I try to give calcs to DCs and they tell me to put them with tools where tools ignore my incomings and so do they, so I'm a little more than miffed at their defense policy. So yeah, **** this, if they can't be arsed than I can't be arsed, so I'll just idle out my round offline.

Way I figure, you either go all in and ground and FC, or you ground and defend all, using as few fleets as possible to cover as many incomings as possible. The complete opposite of all of CT's policies. They probably still got enough of a lead to win so long as nobody crashes, but my interest in the round and CT is null and void.
budious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 10:03   #366
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Maybe those 2-3 people are the 2-3 people in CT who actually directs defence at night?

just a thought, as it would seem stupid to cover some 100% of the time if they never were on when incs showed
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 15:49   #367
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by budious View Post
Since DLR was taking round off I have been playing with CT this round. I joined a little before tick 400, and by last week was ranked 5th in CT for defense points, ala having been shorted quite a few also.

So all these mass incomings start, I'm online making incoming scans and making my own calcs, but CT's shit webby figures I'm not important enough to defend so it filters out my incomings from the DC pages. I'm ranked 30th in CT at the time. I try to give calcs to DCs and they tell me to put them with tools where tools ignore my incomings and so do they, so I'm a little more than miffed at their defense policy. So yeah, **** this, if they can't be arsed than I can't be arsed, so I'll just idle out my round offline.

Way I figure, you either go all in and ground and FC, or you ground and defend all, using as few fleets as possible to cover as many incomings as possible. The complete opposite of all of CT's policies. They probably still got enough of a lead to win so long as nobody crashes, but my interest in the round and CT is null and void.
to be fair, when you're in a 25 man alliance where everyone works hard, defends equally as much... "fair" works a lot better. I know Grog and that crew, and how hard they work at this. We don't have that luxury. We are consistantly a top 5 alliance, and we may not have won many, but we're in the conversation every round... and during those times when politics deals us a hand that puts us in a good position, when it comes down to crunch time, we have to defend the planets that give the enemy the biggest score increase, and the def points system is only a "suggestion". Sucks that it turns out that way, but it does sometimes. Now the human factor certainly plays in, and people make mistakes, but when you have equal def priority or points, and one 2k roid planet, and one 300 roid planet it's a no brainer. As for your personal situation, without knowing the what ifs on that night, or occasion or occasions I can't speak intelligently about your scenario... but I would have liked the opportunity to do so in pm instead of you airing it out here. The fact that you aired it out here instead of talking to HC about the issue tells me you're looking for an argument or sympathy, instead of being interested in correcting a problem.

As for def points, you have access to check your points, it's up to you to make sure the DC has properly pointed you after a call, and it takes about 8 seconds to do so... you can come to any one of the HC and say, hey 'whoever" missed my def point and we're happy to correct it

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 16 Jul 2012 at 16:03.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 16:15   #368
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
horseshit

when players do well, we always try to support them as much as possible, as any team would... that's why some pro athlete's make more money than the support guys....... CT has always had an alliance first mindset at the Command level... we've seen a lot of players come through our doors, and not all have had that same mindset. However, they tend to move on once they figure out we're not here to be their personal 79 player support squad. In rounds where a round win is not in the cards and it's obvious, there is absolutely nothing wrong with helping a member or a galaxy succeed.
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 16:16   #369
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

if budious was ranked 30th in ct at the time then using the 2k v 300 roid comparison is kinda pointless as he prob had at least 1.5k roids ( I could check but that requires effort ) , plus he said that your def tools ignored his calls is that a flaw in your def tools or did one of your dc's mark his calls to ignore , the ease with which ct gives away roids during the end game every round should be a huge red flag to you as it is obvoiously a clear sign that your dc's/defence system is not working right

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 16:24   #370
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
if budious was ranked 30th in ct at the time then using the 2k v 300 roid comparison is kinda pointless as he prob had at least 1.5k roids ( I could check but that requires effort ) , plus he said that your def tools ignored his calls is that a flaw in your def tools or did one of your dc's mark his calls to ignore , the ease with which ct gives away roids during the end game every round should be a huge red flag to you as it is obvoiously a clear sign that your dc's/defence system is not working right
if he's 5th in def points, he's on High def priority, tools isn't going to ignore anything... if someone killed the call by mistake, sure, but I don't know that, because I didn't have the opportunity to investigate what happened when it happened.... you'll find, you'll get much more done if you come talk to us, instead of coming and ranting on AD. it's not about the defense system, as always in PA, it's about people....... the Defense system isn't the 10 Commandments, it's a guide... people can apply common sense quite easily.
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 16:29   #371
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:

and ok, you win, 2k vs 1.5 k... same principle applies.... even if the difference in score gain for your opponent is smaller. there are more incoming fleets than we have defense fleets, it's really very simple... we can't defend all of it.
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 16:44   #372
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

our tools require each member to relay emails through our notification system to pick up incomings.

my guess, is that budious never relayed the emails so the incs were never picked up.

we dont use ingame tools, so if thast where incs were reported to only, its very easy for us to miss.
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 16:45   #373
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

yeah he should have discussed it in private that goes without saying but what's ad without a little complaining and emo'ing , from the outside looking in there does seem to be certain planets that get all the def and this seems to be a recurring thrend every round which I don't think was your vision for ct when you started it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 16:49   #374
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
yeah he should have discussed it in private that goes without saying but what's ad without a little complaining and emo'ing , from the outside looking in there does seem to be certain planets that get all the def and this seems to be a recurring thrend every round which I don't think was your vision for ct when you started it
it's possible then that those players are consistantly successful, so we tend to end up helping them where we can, moreso than those players who don't have quite as much success. Your statement is likely true for a few reasons, good players, who are active and stay involved etc... could be a lot of reasons that the perception is what it is...
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 16:54   #375
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
the ease with which ct gives away roids during the end game every round should be a huge red flag to you as it is obvoiously a clear sign that your dc's/defence system is not working right
Wouldn't the fact that this roid loss occurs right at the point of CT receiving massive inc probably suggest that it infact isn't a systemic problem but rather the fact that CT doesn't have members who are as active as those found in ultores/haven?
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 17:04   #376
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
As a low skilled player who plays with CT, I don't really see the problem. Most of our players do not DC their own inc, and awarding fractions of def points to skilled players who are willing to get online to do it for them seems like a pretty solid idea to me.

I imagine the fairly huge skill variance in the alliance also helps exacerbate the situation mentioned before whereby, for the good of the alliance as a whole, players who have managed to produce a more valuable planet are more valued when defense is stretched. I don't see an obvious solution to that problem but I'm sure we'll see some fantastic ideas put forward by the regular posters on here like "recruit more good players", or something else up to par with the "get better at the game then!!" advice some of you seem to think worth posting.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 17:08   #377
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddars View Post
we dont use ingame tools, so if thast where incs were reported to only, its very easy for us to miss.
You should. They're really quite good.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 18:50   #378
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

alright, you prob don't know me but I'm ct and am top 50ish. two night s ago I had 2400ish roids and I now have 1000. I've lost them for a number of reasons and none of those are ct's fault.

firstly ct had 300+ Inc a night and mine showed up later than most so there wasn't anything left for me.

secondly,my inc were from pwn and hr (the shame) and so there xp lands on me don't affect the alliance race.

and thirdly I'm slightly lazy, have a real job and so can't dc at 4 and 5 and 6am.

all of these factors justly mean I lost roids even though I defend and attack every day.

this is what happens in pa and when allys war, ult and haven and nd etc all had heavy night's (some more so than others) and all lost roids. to moan about it is pointless, to bounce back is what the game is all about.

pity there is less than a week left and so ct won't have much chance for that!
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 18:53   #379
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

i understand that u aint happy that ure member came to AD to rant about the things that are wrong in CT..

but i also understand the ranting, as .. how can i put it.. its literally a fact that ure alliance flags a few specific ppl each and every round.. dont start with the blabber again please

and for u to succeed, u should recheck ure system, cos seriously, 40k+ roids in 2 days? cmon! uve been around for many-many rounds in pa (as an alliance i mean), maybe its time to change things as its clearly not working? ure politics are the same, ure actions are the same, yet the outcome is kinda poor..

PS: im not trolling u, dont get me wrong, i actually cant say i care too much..
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 18:55   #380
neroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
alright, you prob don't know me but I'm ct and am top 50ish. two night s ago I had 2400ish roids and I now have 1000. I've lost them for a number of reasons and none of those are ct's fault.

firstly ct had 300+ Inc a night and mine showed up later than most so there wasn't anything left for me.

secondly,my inc were from pwn and hr (the shame) and so there xp lands on me don't affect the alliance race.

and thirdly I'm slightly lazy, have a real job and so can't dc at 4 and 5 and 6am.

all of these factors justly mean I lost roids even though I defend and attack every day.

this is what happens in pa and when allys war, ult and haven and nd etc all had heavy night's (some more so than others) and all lost roids. to moan about it is pointless, to bounce back is what the game is all about.

pity there is less than a week left and so ct won't have much chance for that!
have u checked kia.cthq.net ? ure ranked #1, bounce back?
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 19:05   #381
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
have u checked kia.cthq.net ? ure ranked #1, bounce back?
in roids dumbass! stop picking holes
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 19:08   #382
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post
Maybe those 2-3 people are the 2-3 people in CT who actually directs defence at night?

just a thought, as it would seem stupid to cover some 100% of the time if they never were on when incs showed
So basically you are saying the only people who are allowed to have defence night in, night out are those who get up to DC their own incs? Thats fine in an alliance like Ultores where that is standard, but it is my understanding that CT has specific DC's, therefore def points...what is the point in DC's if they wont cover anyone but themselves when the shit hits the fan? Whats the point in defence points if they are meaningless when certain members get mass incs....
Ultores
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 19:08   #383
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

1) Why dont you use ingame tools for defence? I think every other alliance uses them apart from maybe ND and their setup is kinda 50/50. It takes doesnt take much to spot the 2 alliances in PA that ship roids the quickest, i doubt its a concidence that its the 2 that dont use ingame defpage.

2) Defpoints is a very backwards setup in PA nowadays, i dont know how your setup works wether its a cumultive amount or maybe a 'past 7 day' thingy. Main point is they are open to abuse, especially from Xans and DC's.

After many rounds of falling at the final fence and having to keep coming up with reasons why it all went wrong dont you think CT HC's that maybe you should try it the 'normal' way for a round, use ingame defpage and make people DC their own calls and then show properly where CT is at compared to those alliances it 'competes' with.

Oh btw 100 ticks to go and only 23.5 mill score difference - down from 48 mill when war was declared!! Plus their is an ugly rumour that Ultores has been hoarding resources for a while to allow themselves a little boost when needed... who said they were out the game eh?
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 19:16   #384
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk View Post
horseshit

when players do well, we always try to support them as much as possible, as any team would... that's why some pro athlete's make more money than the support guys....... CT has always had an alliance first mindset at the Command level... we've seen a lot of players come through our doors, and not all have had that same mindset. However, they tend to move on once they figure out we're not here to be their personal 79 player support squad. In rounds where a round win is not in the cards and it's obvious, there is absolutely nothing wrong with helping a member or a galaxy succeed.
More likely they realise you already have 2/3 players that the rest are a support squad for

A round win is/was on the cards, although your complete lack of anything discerning defence on anyone bar 2 or 3 players has just cost you 40k+ roids in 3 nights...but if you'd rather help a member/galaxy over an alliance, then I guess thats your prerogative
Ultores
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 19:29   #385
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

That is true kaiba, I just finished a round of scans, Ult are now #2 when the top three spend and only just behind #1
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 19:51   #386
neroon

top 3 ults spend and we`re #2 ? are u sure?
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 19:52   #387
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

yes.
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 19:55   #388
Stylez1877
Honour above pr0n

Stylez1877 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup. I haven't played in awhile but wasn't the goal of most alliances to stop Ultores from winning again? And now everyone has gone and ****ed everything to the point where they're going to win again. Are there no real alliances that back each other up like back in the day?? It's just hop on the bandwagon now.
Round 5:The End of Tim3 9:23:9 (NRK)
Round 6: Sekigahari of Malakhi 13:15:6 (Guild)
Round 7: =- Arutha -= The Prince of Krondor 29:17:13 (NoS)
Round 8: Forget..(Adelante/Fang)
Round 9: 5:5:7 1010100101101010 of 101101010110 (NoS)
Stylez1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 19:58   #389
Forest

thats about it stylez. everyone just wants cheap roids and bugger the consequences.

seems only ult/xvx stick together hard round after round regardless.

and haven have given up to try and secure second and will likely end third

pitiful tbh
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 20:03   #390
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Are Haven hoarding aswell? their daily gains dont seem that great score for the roids they have been capping...
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 20:13   #391
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Are Haven hoarding aswell? their daily gains dont seem that great score for the roids they have been capping...
Nah, they are crashing their fleets instead.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 20:17   #392
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
More likely they realise you already have 2/3 players that the rest are a support squad for
I'm never too sure quite how this actually works in reality compared to how we think it works. There are a couple of different areas that really make it quite interesting. Firstly you have the actual score gain factor. Objectively speaking it's more cost effective to save 500 roids on a 2k roid planet than 100 on a 500 roid one and everyone knows that. But beyond that there are other secondary factors that you only realise when you start to think about it. A seven mil value planet is a lot harder to roid than a three mil roid planet. It's harder to get the fleets together and co-ordinate them to roid the big guy, the big planet is more likely to be in a bigger galaxy etc etc. So even with 2 planets of the same size it makes more sense to defend the higher score one.

As well as this you have the fleet utility factor. Is one of those planets a notorious crasher? Is one a top ten launcher who will use all those resources to launch/recall on enemy planets? Equally though with this one you have the converse as well! Is the notorious crasher more likely to crash if you let him get roided for example. That's part of the trick when you cross over from effectively pure maths to something involving human reactions, it's really hard to judge what the impact of your decisions is likely to be (this is why sociology is such an interesting/bullshit subject).

I think that, regardless of the actual situation, it's perfectly possible to play in a way that looks like def-whoring but is actually a good idea. I'm sure you remember yourself the amount of def that shazna, cardi and hude got in r30 at points. It was ****ing mental and half of everyone I talked to thought we were defwhoring them. I'm sure most people were just going off the idea that hopefully I hadn't gone insane and had a clue what I was doing. But in the end their planets together were basically unattackable. And just as importantly it was demoralising for others to put together what they thought was a huge wave, launch and end up trying to recall 15 fleets.

Now that said it doesn't appear to be the situation here given what people are saying on AD. But there's no reason it can't be the situation if they work on other things like recalling fleets off waves which are over-covered after some recalls, intelligent DCing in terms of allocation of resources and so on and so forth. That said that stuff requires quite a bit of work and I imagine it's even harder now to find people willing to put in the time and effort for this (I only just noticed that this round we didn't break 1k planets, is this the first time this has happened?)

I'd honestly say that the most important thing is the sense of being a proper team on the inside of the alliance. Every since, probably, the demise of exilition all alliances have been fully of players of widely varying quality and dedication. And yes some of these are more important than others. But being part of a team is knowing that passing to messi more often than passing to carlos puyol is a good idea because he's a ****ing demigod.

The key is that people should think that if places were reversed the guy you're helping out so much would do the same for you. Fostering that belief is quite difficult and without some sort of objective measurement, such as a round win, it's basically impossible. People want to feel like their contribution meant something. And consistently seeing some dude get high planet ranks is useless because you don't get any recognition for your efforts there. If your alliance wins the round though it's a lot easier to believe all that work you put in for your planet to end 374th was worth it. Because you were a member of the winning alliance and **** the guy who attacked Hidden Agenda planets and ended 11th but got roided by you and your mates on the last day knocking him out of the top ten when your alliance was 40 mil clear of second place.

Seriously **** that guy.

Anyways this was a bit of a ramble but the gist of my post is this "if it looks like defwhoring and smells like defwhoring maybe you should grope it a bit more and see if it definitely is just defwhoring". Because there's nothing quite like groping a whore after you've sniffed around her am I rite?
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 20:41   #393
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Quote:
top 3 ults spend and we`re #2 ? are u sure?
yes.
Passing the #2 would take a stockpile of about 3.1 billion resources. Such a stockpile would be worth 20.6m value unspent, and about 31m spent. The top 3 Ultores planets combined have 15m value, sans roids. So, when you said "yes", what you actually meant to say was "no, that was bullshit".

(And that wasn't even the original claim. Putting Ultores 'just behind' the #1 would take about 7 billion resources, which would be worth 46m unspent, and 70m spent. That would be over 43% of Ultores' total fleet value. Yeah, right.)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 16 Jul 2012 at 20:51. Reason: Excuse the heavy editing.
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 20:52   #394
neroon

thank you very much once again for bringing facts over the usual bs
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 20:56   #395
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
(I only just noticed that this round we didn't break 1k planets, is this the first time this has happened?)
Third time. 45, 46, 47.

Quote:
thank you very much once again for bringing facts over the usual bs
Halfway through writing that, it occurred to me he probably misread your post and meant that Ultores would be almost #1 if the top 3 alliances spent. That's still hard to believe for me without some objective proof, but at least it isn't actually impossible. By that time I was already committed to an AD smackdown though.
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 20:59   #396
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

50 mill resources (total) spent is worth 330k score yeah??

so 50 people doing atleast that is 16.5 mill score... and were saying that in these 5 days or so most people will have atleast a total of 50 mill resources and some will have a hell of a lot more!

Last 3 days Ultores have outgrown CT by round 8-9 mill a day just through lands (as they arent spending) so another day of that + spending would stick them on 25 mill score gain - VERY ROUGHLY - just behind CT as Forest said no?
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 21:03   #397
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I thought it was pretty clear Forest was mocking neroon's earlier claim of CT planets having stocks without providing actual proof/scans, but judging by your responses I guess it wasn't!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 21:10   #398
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

NO we actually know they are stocking... i was just trying to stir the pot

Btw Mz or Forest if my maths is flawed or my concept of how resources convert into score is wrong please correct it so we can all see how close it actually is.

Ultores catching at 8 mill a day for 4 days put them #1 anyway...
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 21:18   #399
Forest

Ultores Stockpile - 3,674,856,237

Two ticks ago, not including whats in production, which is over 1 bill more too
Unread 16 Jul 2012, 21:19   #400
neroon

ok i must appologize, im a bit too tired atm, will check it all up a bit later

although, i just cant belive that we could get close to #1 with just spending the stocks that we currently have.. im not sure that we have THAT much saved, according to my knowlage at least :P