User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 26 Jul 2009, 22:06   #51
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ascrime

I wanted to laugh my ass off after reading Machados protrayal of CT HC as having that much political insight. But let's be realistic, almost every round there is an alliance that thinks they can fence their way into winning the round. CT is this rounds version.
There is nothing cunning, nothing deep, no slow-play. It's just lack of balls. Usually, after the real fight has been settled, the real winner trashes the #1 fencer in a couple of nights, and that's it.
Unread 26 Jul 2009, 22:22   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It gets pretty bizzare at times how much people overthink things. The anti-apprime block originally started when killerbee pmed me on the 8th of this month and said that although EC would be willing to join a block he wasn't interested in starting it. I went around and we got everyone into a channel and Apprime got hit and lost roids. The block then had a poor second night and went into hiatus briefly before re-emerging the following week when Apprime seemed to be threatening to dominate. I never found anyone remotely difficult to work with once the block had started. There were difficulties getting CT involved but shit always happens somewhere. The accusations of fencing towards CT are a bit unjustified really. As far as I can recall they've hit apprime as much as anyone. The only difference was that they had some reservations about entering the block, given that they had the most to lose potentially, after ascendancy, this is hardly that surprising though. Yeah they could have done more, so could we all, in terms of hitting apprime etc but you can hardly expect any alliance to become a lethally efficient war machine overnight. It's hardly the case that some tragic ****up by CT HC is costing them the round right now, they're still first and still got a roidlead over apprime. I know sometimes PA can be a bit misleading and people remember results and not the actual progression of events but you can't win planetarion without getting more roids than the opposition.

In the end I thought we should leave the block when it got to the point where Apprime had lost their value lead and had fewer roids than both ct and p3nguins. In my opinion the best thing ascendancy could do this round is to try and balance things as much as possible. This both helps us, in the sense we don't get farmed by an alliance that's miles bigger than us and impossible to touch, and helps planetarion, in the sense that a round that looked very much over two weeks again is fairly finely balanced at the minute. That seems to have happened. Funky.

I don't seriously claim, or claim on behalf of Ascendancy, some sort of divine inspiration in PA where we're running the game and playing everyone off against everyone else. That sort of shit is just absurdly untrue. We were a reasonable voice in the block getting started and we, purely by virtue of that and experience in these things as well, used to take the lead in dividing targets or whatever. But the block seems perfectly fine without us. And so much the better really, it'd be truly some shameful shit if we were the only alliance that did anything in PA.
Unread 27 Jul 2009, 00:44   #53
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

I was actually going to bed about half an hour ago after three exhausting days... But nooooo, had to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
The reality is that we were the instigators - to make such a claim that your HC sat in the expectation we'd approach them to coordinate the whole charade is somewhat ridiculous.
Well don't get me wrong, you certainly took the initiative (and I applaud you for that) - but it did move the attention from the "leading pack" to yourself, even before CT chose to become actively involved. It might perhaps have been somewhat overdone to say it was according to our grand scheme, but its safe to say it was a scenario (one of a few) which we were hoping for (I hope, at least :P) and which wasn't completely out of the blue. I mean, honestly, pre-round you never thought this was probably one of the more likely scenarios, if CT (and p3n) laid back? I can't believe that.

Maybe it was more hope than wisdom that drove our actions, but you can't say things have went to hell for us so far.

Quote:
CT's plan is very simple: stay out of conflict and hope for the best.
As much as you might like to believe that, I'm really going to have to contradict you here. The fact I myself have been landing on Apprimes (ally raids, block raids, fc's) virtually every night for quite some time now (exception here and there), except when Apprime hit my gal twice, really tells me that whatever we're doing, avoiding conflict is really not what's going down. (well, what JBG said)

Quote:
Let's be clear here: your HC nearly got everyone killed and took a ridiculous amount of effort to persuade otherwise.
I am aware of certain issues and situations that have occurred, but as far as I know, we've also experienced an unwillingness from other alliances to coordinate with us especially early round. Now I weren't there so I may not have the full story here, but I was led to believe that in the end what it really came down to was that CT wanted to make sure the block actually focussed on Apprime, instead of being lost in other things. The avoidance was part of this.

You can't blame people for wanted some assurance that whatever they're participating in is actually in their best interest. Basically, they tabled some demands to protect their interest - or perhaps they were just testing their leverage.

Quote:
My guess is that you were hoping Apprime would be defeated and that napping ND anticipated a fight with p3nguins.
Personally, I feel the main issue was not incomings from p3nguins per say, or a fight between our two alliances. I doubt anyone with a remotely useful set of brains could rate Apprime so low - personally I thought Apprime would be hotter on our tails already. That said, I did have to fight off about ten apprime fleets to ensure none of them landed on me this morning, so meh. Or better said, my gal did while I was at work desperately trying to use my cell phone to internet :P

Anyway, the main scenario that was considered most of all, I think, was that the block could simply move on to hit the new #1, us in this case. Napping ND should be considered, like I said, a bit of a safe guard (apart from just plain useful and logical). P3nguins would not have been a logical choice, since relatively spoken they have far more to gain from us than ND. (Or perhaps because of that, far more logical - but mehh)

Now, with all of that said, what you said (quote) is of course true, that would have been the best possible scenario for us, I believe. Yet, I can't believe anybody actually believed that would happen.

Quote:
Just to clear up: I'm not outraged at the idea of CT winning at all; it's meant to be 'close'. I'm more outraged that anyone could possibly suppose that they've got the aptitude to do any kind of slow play that you imagine.
The literal words used when we discussed a more or less similar scenario (amongst many other possible scenario's) in the early round, were: "At least nobody will expect it, we're the underdog, nobody will think we're worth shit, lets use that." Although, as said, that wasn't a HC meeting or anything. Just a few interested and involved folk like you and me. Hell, we even discussed this in #CT for over an hour early round as the block was slowly taking shape (and quite fiercely at that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k View Post
I wanted to laugh my ass off after reading Machados protrayal of CT HC as having that much political insight. But let's be realistic, almost every round there is an alliance that thinks they can fence their way into winning the round. CT is this rounds version.
There is nothing cunning, nothing deep, no slow-play. It's just lack of balls. Usually, after the real fight has been settled, the real winner trashes the #1 fencer in a couple of nights, and that's it.
To tell you the truth, this is exactly how I always saw CT. Fencing lazy/cowardly folk who just avoided if they could. I just followed the evolution folk, and was glad I might be able to finish a round finally, first since... I dunno, 27? and then 16?.

But honestly, in CT now, I can't judge earlier rounds but I might just have been wrong, that is irrelevant right now anyway. What you said is just bollocks. If we wanted the easy way, we'd have napped Apprime and be done with it. But instead, we've hit everyone and Apprime plenty, and we haven't been avoiding anyone except maybe early on for reasons mentioned already (read my 2nd post). And don't think anybody in CT was expecting an easy time in the fight against Apprime. We're not about to give up and if anybody, whoever they are, thinks we'll drop without a damn good fight (or try), they obviously have no idea at all of what the members of CT want, and how far they're willing to go.

Honestly and seriously, if that's your idea of what CT is doing this round you are gravely misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
It gets pretty bizzare at times how much people overthink things.
Haha, well, no real arguments there

Quote:
I don't seriously claim, or claim on behalf of Ascendancy, some sort of divine inspiration in PA where we're running the game and playing everyone off against everyone else. That sort of shit is just absurdly untrue.
Oh, I know, I didn't (seriously) mean to imply that anybody did. My first post was mostly just a slight mocking of AD in general and all the horribly opportunistic political posturing.

--

Oh... and I just noticed something...

@MZ: (screw quote tags, enough is enough!)

Originally Posted by Machado
Via them, one could come to the conclusion that the current #7 alliance has single-handedly manipulated the top 3 into their current situation - which is of course also ridiculous. Right?

MZ: No, what is really ridiculous is that CT and p3nguins apparently.............

--- I actually referred to "one could come to the conclusion" as being ridiculous, hence the "right?" at the end. Sorry if that was unclear :P
Unread 27 Jul 2009, 17:02   #54
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't want to go into into a patrikc level pedantry fest but just in general if you finish a sentence with "is of course ridiculous" and then straight afterwards say "right?" then it actually sounds like you're questioning the validity of your own conclusion. Like some sort of conspiracy theorist (zing) would say "of course it's ridiculous to imagine that the US government is participating in some sort of cover-up. Right?" And then you'd have to wade through fifteen pages of cringing insanity.

Just so this post isn't a completely pointless excursion into tedious linguistic nuances if CT, or anyone wants to win Planetarion people need to make a serious effort not to crash their fleets. Having the top two bashed planets on sandmans for a total of -2.3 mil value is unbelievable. That's all the value generated by the roid gap between apprime and CT for at least three days. Those two individuals, for whatever reasons, basically threw away 3 days worth of work by your entire alliance. That kind of shit used to literally sicken me when I'd see it in my own alliance.
Unread 27 Jul 2009, 21:38   #55
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I don't want to go into into a patrikc level pedantry fest but just in general if you finish a sentence with "is of course ridiculous" and then straight afterwards say "right?" then it actually sounds like you're questioning the validity of your own conclusion.
Well yes, its questioning the "which is also ridiculous" part, so that it's a rhetorical question which, well, questions the previous statement, which in turn is also questioning the statement before that. Oi, still with me? I'm almost confusing myself here... But in short: yes, questioning the validity of my statement was exactly what that "Right?" was supposed to achieve

And yes those crashes made me cringe. I suppose it happens.
Unread 31 Jul 2009, 19:02   #56
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The anti-apprime block originally started when killerbee pmed me on the 8th of this month and said that although EC would be willing to join a block he wasn't interested in starting it.
out of historical accuracy i think JBG gives me too much credit, i had approached tags to encourage them to build anti fr/de and put priority on defending apprime incs to stop a roid gap growing.

JBG was one of the people i PMed, his response was to suggest a block and did the leg work. unknown to me practically every tag had approached another to see who wanted to hit apprime (they didnt have many friends at the point), i personally didnt think nd/'guins or ct had the desire to take on apprime at that point but i was wrong.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2009, 00:45   #57
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just so this post isn't a completely pointless excursion into tedious linguistic nuances if CT, or anyone wants to win Planetarion people need to make a serious effort not to crash their fleets. Having the top two bashed planets on sandmans for a total of -2.3 mil value is unbelievable. That's all the value generated by the roid gap between apprime and CT for at least three days. Those two individuals, for whatever reasons, basically threw away 3 days worth of work by your entire alliance. That kind of shit used to literally sicken me when I'd see it in my own alliance.

Doesnt it just!! utter stupidity that undoes weeks of work. would kick them but then the scoring system in PA is that retarded that you cant afford to kick planets, they just go inactive. think we had a few more today.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2009, 03:43   #58
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

you had another one this tick

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 1 Aug 2009 at 13:15. Reason: and I'm sure people can find it for themselves
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2009, 10:43   #59
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Doesnt it just!! utter stupidity that undoes weeks of work. would kick them but then the scoring system in PA is that retarded that you cant afford to kick planets, they just go inactive. think we had a few more today.
If you don't kick them it gives everyone else the impression that it's acceptable.
Unread 1 Aug 2009, 10:50   #60
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
you had another one this tick
if it wasnt for my failure to stay awake then he'd have lost another 200k but bleh

I blame you Hanzi
Ultores

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 1 Aug 2009 at 13:15. Reason: quote fix
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2009, 10:54   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

The planet in question has left CT. Although there shouldn't really be co-ords on the forums at all!
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 00:21   #62
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

I crashed my roids again
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 19:09   #63
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Every time I read this topic title, I say "ass crime" in my head. It makes me laugh.
Unread 6 Aug 2009, 19:18   #64
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Every time I read this topic title, I say "ass crime" in my head. It makes me laugh.
Me too, best ****ing block name ever. And it came from cba, proving that even the blindest of squirrels occasionally has a nut drop on his head.
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 00:40   #65
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

so, has the rest of the universe just rolled over and let Apprime win? I've no idea what's going on and need a few updates!
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 00:41   #66
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

actually there is quite a bit of fighting going on. Its interesting atleast from a p3nguin pov!

I like this round tbh.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 01:47   #67
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

vac mode seems to be a popular option now when ppl see pl on threir gals...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 12:21   #68
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Really? Is that what its come too? Man thats awful
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 12:28   #69
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

say, alki.. is that avatar of yours Cains gf?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 12:41   #70
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

She is some random bird we googled I think, and said she was perfect for newt, he said he would hahaha, but I dunno, could be?
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 15:21   #71
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by alki
Really? Is that what its come too? Man thats awful
Unlike the good old days, eh!

<@JBG> this is what happens in 9.1 <@JBG> 5.30, stoom checks pa, decides to attack regardless of whether he has incs or not, 6.30, jester wakes up, doesn't bother checking pa, 7.30 stoom leaves for work and lets his fleets suicide, 8.00 alki checks pa, sees stoom is out attacking and 3 fleets <@JBG> about 3 days later dirte logs on <@JBG> and then lok checks in on the weekends

Of course this is back when men were men, the sheep were nervous and dogs chewed tobacco.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 16:14   #72
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
so, has the rest of the universe just rolled over and let Apprime win? I've no idea what's going on and need a few updates!
Yes.
Unread 7 Aug 2009, 23:35   #73
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

not funny wish, not funny.