User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 14 Nov 2005, 17:48   #101
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 1up - come on dudes!

No more personal insults. They're not welcome. This goes out to everyone.
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 17:59   #102
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
you dont _read_ do you? first of all its eXi HC (HIGH COUNCIL) decision not to play because of SEVERAL _REASONS_ as in : hc's arent around to lead, half their members cant play because of R-E-A-L L-I-F-E ( go look it up in a dictionary). and pls, i dont think you know this but in summer ppl go out, or go to beach and breath fresh air, drink and use drugs & get laid, see the sun. i know this is prolly a whole different world to you but not to many of us.

so as long you arent eXi hc or member you got no ****ing clue what you're talking about so pls go banzai from a bridge.

proud winner of r13 :>
1) I said it was a bad idea due to the low member count of PA didnt say anything bad about exil.
2) I know about real life otherwise i wouldnt be real. I have a missus i have a daughter i have a job i am also not playing PA this round because i have missed to much to want to start.
3) i was top 100 last round i logged in 2 times a day most days just to send defence and attacks in between them 2 logins i was out to the circus beaches etc... with my daughter enjoying this so called real life that i dont have.
4)I could have been a member of exil np but i said no in favour of staying with SiN then moving to 1up instead. So I wont jump from a bridge.

p.s read end of my previous thread and notice what i said i only insulted you (sorry johnnyB) and guess what everyone did after you posted funny old world.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.

Last edited by noah02; 14 Nov 2005 at 18:05.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 18:26   #103
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
you dont _read_ do you? first of all its eXi HC (HIGH COUNCIL) decision not to play because of SEVERAL _REASONS_ as in : hc's arent around to lead, half their members cant play because of R-E-A-L L-I-F-E ( go look it up in a dictionary). and pls, i dont think you know this but in summer ppl go out, or go to beach and breath fresh air, drink and use drugs & get laid, see the sun. i know this is prolly a whole different world to you but not to many of us.

so as long you arent eXi hc or member you got no ****ing clue what you're talking about so pls go banzai from a bridge.

proud winner of r13 :>
Erm, well not all of your HC were busy. At least not your main one. kaifux. If you don't beleive me. Go read your forums. He made a post, the log after you guys won rd 13, and said he would play next round (rd 14) with a fake nick. (and he did). Soooooooooo...... yer.
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 18:27   #104
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

eXiltion have this great rule.

"Be a gentleman, dont post on the forums"

After reading Maxmillian on these forums, im starting to realise why your HC (who I admire by the way) have laid down this rule. You see max, your comments could single handadly undermine the performence of your alliance and cost you the round. Never befor this point after reading your post have I felt so much discontentment towards one alliance. This is rare for me. You seem to destroy all the work basse and kaifux and others do, by posting your single minded crap here.

Sure 1up are arrogant. I mean we do kind of have a reason why we are. We won 3 rounds of pa if im not mistaken. Yet we arent so arrogant in the fact that we cant see a viable challenge from other quarters. If we went into each round "knowing" we would win we wouldnt play, whats the point if we knew we could win then why play. Infact I play because I want a challenge. I must say LCH was and is a much better opposition than eXiltion. Why? Well its not because we beat them as oppose to eXiltion, its more for the fact that they are nice people. I would say the same about Angels. They are gracious in defeat and gracious in victory. They interact with the community and in general 1up, Angels and LCH members all know each other quite well and have played in the same circles.

eXiltion on the other hand distance thereselves from the community. Now this is fine. However its not fine, when someone like you max and others such as Skyhead, come to the forums and run there mouths. A little saying I was told when I was younger, think before you speak. Take note. Its easy to be arrogant. Hell you want an ego competition im sure 1up and Angels can give you one. But to be rude and disrespectful, thats another thing. Take a leaf out of LCH and Angels in how to speak to your enemy. We can have banter on these boards, we can be cheeky and fun, yet serious. However come down to it we all respect each other and speak to each other on friendly terms. We dont lower ourselves to "your momas fat" etc. Think about it. Please come back and post with some respect and conviction.
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 19:43   #105
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
What the hell's wrong with winter? Where I am it's easier to get people to go to the pub, college nights out are always the best ones, winter air is far cleaner and fresher and I'm pretty sure the united association of women don't all pack their bags and **** off back to venus before descending en masse in their hyper-cool spaceships on the 1st of may each year. Plus you have halloween, new years and christmas all of which are fantastic times of year for drinking yourself senseless. Accusations of not having a social life towards other members are really not good guys

For starters, where I am from, the winter is always either 70% snow, or 70% rain. Wich means, that there's not any point in staying outside, playing football, in general things like that require you to dress up for a polar expedition. When I drive around in a car, in the fall, or the winter, I can drive 4-5 km in the afternoon, without seeing more than 4 or 5 living souls wander along the dark roads. Now, I live in a very small town, contrary to many students, and since it is a little town, I usually have to drive or walk or take my bike a long way, when I want to do something out of the ordinary. This is obviously easier to do in the summer. And it also counts for everyone else who live in the area around my town. Norway have little, if any, Halloween traditions, new years is 1 or 2 days of drunkenness, Christmas is more, but it it is also a time for family traditions, and I believe a whole lot of players choose to spend Christmas with family.

Winter air, usually contain snow, or rain, where I live, and to that, I do prefer summer air, as it is way warmer. My town also have a good number of decent beaches, I have a boat, I enjoy fishing, I enjoy spending time with friends, playing football or volleyball, or meeting girls (in many cases tourists, so short time things ftw!). Wich brings me to the next step; Girls usually don't walk around in bikinis when the rain is like a standard niagara waterfall, neither do they go out much when they have to study the whole week. What I am trying to say is; Us newbs who still go out school, study the whole week, unless we have vacation, wich we convieniently have in the summer. When we don't have to study, we have time to do stuff every day! Or we have a summer job! While we study, we are usually bored, and get dragged back into these games simply because of that.

Now, this is the situation south in Norway, I would imagine Finnish weather to be worse, and also weather in north of Norway to be worse. Also, you failed to get the part about HC's going to military service. Exilition have a lot of norwegian and finnish members, so I see this excuse as very viable. I never play summer rounds myself.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 19:45   #106
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
eXiltion have this great rule.

"Be a gentleman, dont post on the forums"

After reading Maxmillian on these forums, im starting to realise why your HC (who I admire by the way) have laid down this rule. You see max, your comments could single handadly undermine the performence of your alliance and cost you the round. Never befor this point after reading your post have I felt so much discontentment towards one alliance. This is rare for me. You seem to destroy all the work basse and kaifux and others do, by posting your single minded crap here.

Sure 1up are arrogant. I mean we do kind of have a reason why we are. We won 3 rounds of pa if im not mistaken. Yet we arent so arrogant in the fact that we cant see a viable challenge from other quarters. If we went into each round "knowing" we would win we wouldnt play, whats the point if we knew we could win then why play. Infact I play because I want a challenge. I must say LCH was and is a much better opposition than eXiltion. Why? Well its not because we beat them as oppose to eXiltion, its more for the fact that they are nice people. I would say the same about Angels. They are gracious in defeat and gracious in victory. They interact with the community and in general 1up, Angels and LCH members all know each other quite well and have played in the same circles.

eXiltion on the other hand distance thereselves from the community. Now this is fine. However its not fine, when someone like you max and others such as Skyhead, come to the forums and run there mouths. A little saying I was told when I was younger, think before you speak. Take note. Its easy to be arrogant. Hell you want an ego competition im sure 1up and Angels can give you one. But to be rude and disrespectful, thats another thing. Take a leaf out of LCH and Angels in how to speak to your enemy. We can have banter on these boards, we can be cheeky and fun, yet serious. However come down to it we all respect each other and speak to each other on friendly terms. We dont lower ourselves to "your momas fat" etc. Think about it. Please come back and post with some respect and conviction.

I simply couldnt help it, but I just have to ask if you get a challenge cause ppl are nice? do you honostly mean that nice ppl challenge you just because they are nice? :-)

No really, you say something in generel about EX ppl. I hardly think that is fair and you should be able to see that too. I got heaps of friends in 1up and have always had that even though I have been with EX and still am (though I dont really play this round). That I dont speak to 1up or the ppl in it in a nice way and with respect is definately wrong and lots of ppl in both angels, 1up and most other alliances can confirm this to you. So honostly dont go ahead and teach Skyhead, and Max to think b4 they talk or at least teach yourself b4 starting to focus on other.

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 19:51   #107
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
I simply couldnt help it, but I just have to ask if you get a challenge cause ppl are nice? do you honostly mean that nice ppl challenge you just because they are nice? :-)

No really, you say something in generel about EX ppl. I hardly think that is fair and you should be able to see that too. I got heaps of friends in 1up and have always had that even though I have been with EX and still am (though I dont really play this round). That I dont speak to 1up or the ppl in it in a nice way and with respect is definately wrong and lots of ppl in both angels, 1up and most other alliances can confirm this to you. So honostly dont go ahead and teach Skyhead, and Max to think b4 they talk or at least teach yourself b4 starting to focus on other.

cbk
I agree there is obviously exceptions, but from a community point of view AD is how you get an impression of alliances. I know loads of people in eXil. Some I like, some I dont. But on AD most eXil members dont post. However the ones that do, minus a couple make you guys seem arrogant, unwilling to integrate and on the whole aggressive. Im sure you can agree this is the impression Max and Skyhead have given in previous posts.
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 21:16   #108
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Also, you failed to get the part about HC's going to military service.
And they were all dismissed after one summer round of PA?

The rest of your drivel was amusing too. Its clearly impossible to go the the beach AND have a pa account. For some reason sand between your toes autodelete your planet. True story!
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 21:20   #109
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler

The rest of your drivel was amusing too. Its clearly impossible to go the the beach AND have a pa account. For some reason sand between your toes autodelete your planet. True story!
I think you are missing his point about partying. He was most likely referring to the bot questions - you cannot read nor answer them properly while being totally drunk.
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 21:26   #110
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
I think you are missing his point about partying. He was most likely referring to the bot questions - you cannot read nor answer them properly while being totally drunk.
If thats the case I must admit he has a point!
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 21:29   #111
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't play the summer round due to a 2week holiday, does that make me lame for skipping a round?
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 21:32   #112
Treveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
I didn't play the summer round due to a 2week holiday, does that make me lame for skipping a round?
No, that makes you a tourist.
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 21:34   #113
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, that makes you a tourist.
\o/ phew i was worried for a second
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 21:37   #114
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
but from a community point of view AD is how you get an impression of alliances]

Quote:
Sure 1up are arrogant]

Right!!

say no more say no more...
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 21:42   #115
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if you can't launch a raid at the right target while drunk and land roids you don't deserve a planet.

Last edited by lokken; 14 Nov 2005 at 21:48.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 22:10   #116
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Think i managed to lock myself out of my acc a total of 3 times in r13 and suicide a whole 15 times due to being to wasted to get up
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 22:19   #117
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

i know what you're talking about guys, i just can't find the time to login during the summer cause i'm too busy taking a 3 month vacation from my 6 figure job. driving my mazda RX-8, building muscles at the gym or ****ing hot chicks after snorting coke off their backs is a 24/7 project.

anyone who plays during the summer is a nerd who needs to find out what a r.e.a.l . l.i.f.e. is.

the winter is a whole other story though. i live in canada so i know what real winters are like. there's snow on the ground so i don't dare risk frostbite by leaving my house to interact with other people. cars are simply undrivable in these horrible winter conditions, every single day. also, i can't find any girls, they seem to disappear during this season. and on the rare occasions i actually see one, she's usually wearing a black turtle neck that hides her tits. noone ever drinks, does drugs or parties during the winter, what's up with that? i cba with skiing, hockey or other winter activities, it takes too much time to get dressed for them. there's no other place for me to exercise or enjoy myself indoors either. now that i'm actually working again, i have MORE time to play pa as an active participant of a top-tier alliance. purely out of boredom ofc.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 22:37   #118
pig
1up on you

the image I get from alot of people living in cold countries is that you dont get out for 9 months of the year, then for 3 months you are let out. This I know isnt true, plenty of you go out and socialise in winter. In fact as far as playing pa in the summer its quite easy. No lectures, sometimes no job, and ye I go out everynight but I also sleep and before I sleep I launch. Always makes me laugh the "omg we have a rl in the summer argument" lets face it you only really need to login a few times a day, wether you sit on irc 24/7 is your choice. Not forced upon you by the game.
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 23:02   #119
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

For me, a summer round is much easier. I can devote more time to PA as I'm not commuting to Uni (4 hours a day), have no uni work to do, and don't work too much. As much as I have a social life (3 or so nights a week) I can still play PA around this. My annual visit to Leeds Festival means a weeks vac mode and other than that I can fit PA into my life much easier.

Now I have to concentrate on Uni and getting up in the middle of the night etc makes it much tougher.

I surely can't be alone in that!
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 23:03   #120
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
For me, a summer round is much easier. I can devote more time to PA as I'm not commuting to Uni (4 hours a day), have no uni work to do, and don't work too much. As much as I have a social life (3 or so nights a week) I can still play PA around this. My annual visit to Leeds Festival means a weeks vac mode and other than that I can fit PA into my life much easier.

Now I have to concentrate on Uni and getting up in the middle of the night etc makes it much tougher.

no you definatly arent, im sure the majority of pa players are at university and are in that exact predicament.
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 23:22   #121
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
I played PA and Pia over their summer rounds for exactly the same reasons. Right now however I have a Pia planet I login to every few days and no PA account. Doing 30-40 hours/week for uni, 25 hours part time job, and going out socialising doesn't leave much time to run any meaningful planet. If you lot have time to do all the early morning defense and attacking stuff, starting research at the needed ticks, planning attacks and making ships, good for you.
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 23:58   #122
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
i know what you're talking about guys, i just can't find the time to login during the summer cause i'm too busy taking a 3 month vacation from my 6 figure job. driving my mazda RX-8, building muscles at the gym or ****ing hot chicks after snorting coke off their backs is a 24/7 project.

anyone who plays during the summer is a nerd who needs to find out what a r.e.a.l . l.i.f.e. is.

Anyonw who makes a comment like at the start of your post is a nerd who needs to find out what a real life is ;-) but then again, I havent played the game fully for years except for brief spells of time where people have convinced me to play.

I can understand not wanting to play summer rounds. But cut out the lame excuses. most people cant be arsed to play them after working hard for a round, there are a lo of things to do in summer, and most people cant be arsed. that doesnt mean they cant.

god PA is being over-run by patheticly childish kiddies..........
Unread 14 Nov 2005, 23:59   #123
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Putting aside all the crap about "I've got a real life and you haven't" - The main reason people sometimes choose to avoid the summer round, despite the fact they could fit it in with their day to day lives is simply because playing all year isn't very appealing. If you're going to miss one round, let it be the one you're off for two weeks in the Caribbean for.

And yes, some of you are monsters on here despite being lovely on irc, be nice!
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 00:01   #124
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You silly sod, it's READING FESTIVAL that you're supposed to go to.

Unread 15 Nov 2005, 00:14   #125
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

My "drivel" is the reason why I don't play webgames in the summer. I don't have internet at the beach, I don't have internet in my boat, the normal islands (it is not the right word, I mean a small island in the sea close to the shore), don't have internet, and my family's cabin don't have internet.

I prefer drunkenness to webgamingness, but one does not exclude the other. The only night so far in this round I launched drunk, is the night I capped most roids. But if I play a webgame, I don't play inactive. I wouldn't call myself hardcore, but when I get up in the morning, I'm usually quite exhausted, and I spend the afternoon sleeping an hour or two, if I dont work. I have 2 summer jobs, and work 40-50 hours a week in the summer, with 1 week or 2 week vacation. I feel excused about not playing summer rounds.

Unread 15 Nov 2005, 00:18   #126
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
My definition on "totally drunk" is a bit different from yours then. If I am totally drunk I can't find my house, and when I wake up the next day, I don't know where I am.

I consume too much alcohol.

Unread 15 Nov 2005, 00:37   #127
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
You silly sod, it's READING FESTIVAL that you're supposed to go to.

You bloody philistine, all the cool kids go to Leeds :/
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 00:46   #128
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Anyonw who makes a comment like at the start of your post is a nerd who needs to find out what a real life is ;-) but then again, I havent played the game fully for years except for brief spells of time where people have convinced me to play.
Your sarcasm detector needs upgrading.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 00:47   #129
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
I feel excused about not playing summer rounds.
I feel you do not need an excuse not to play a summer round. If you don't play - you don't play.

On the other hand I also feel one shouldn't be so arrogant about their own alliance when the alliance they've managed to beat for that one round, has done more impressive things than winning one round.

Don't let all of it get to your head. Quite frankly I don't know which one of the two alliances is better, but being entirely objective, so far 1up has achieved more than eXi has, whether you like it or not.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 00:56   #130
qebab
The Original Carebear

I have no problem with that - I am not a member of either of those alliances. I just felt like defending all us norwegians and fins who are geeks the entire year, and drunk the entire summer.

(Does not go for all of us, of course.)

Unread 15 Nov 2005, 01:03   #131
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
people said they have no time to play PA during the summer cause their vacation is too time consuming. if max/qebab had said they couldn't be arsed, or just didn't want to play during summer instead of making dumbass explinations and trying to look cool i wouldn't have posted here. there was also the illusion that it's hard to socialize and go out to do things during cold winters when that's simply not true.

good job taking one joke made by someone you don't know to claim PA is being run over by a wave of 'patherticly childish kiddies', by the way.
Excuse me? Dumbass explanations? So, what you're saying is that my explanations are too dumb and it is entirely ok, if I don't explain at all? I did not try to make myself look cool. Neither do I wish to be mentioned together with Max that way - although we both share a few viewpoints on the matter, I don't feel my posts compare much to his at all.

Neither did I try to look cool, not at all, I tried to explain why I see this time-consuming game as worthless during the summer. It is entertainment, and during summer, I have more important things to do / more entertaining things to do.

And if you live in a "town" where it takes 40 minutes to walk if you want to go to the pub - 15 minutes or perhaps a bit more if you ride your bike (driving is obviously not an option), then it is harder, or at the very least - less pleasant to go out "socializing or doing things" in a cold and wet winter.

And when did I ever say that PA is run by "a wave of 'patherticly childish kiddies'"?

For the record, as it seems to affect your posting, even though I agree with Max on this one - I am not eXilition. I simply feel that they had good enough reasons to not play round 14. Now go ahead, hit me one more time.

Last edited by qebab; 15 Nov 2005 at 01:04. Reason: Typo.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 11:25   #132
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Personally i missed most of the summer round, but not especially out of choice.

Working 40 hours a week, Studying 15-20 hours a week, plus having a very active social life left absolutely no room for time consuming games like this, it had nothing to do with weather, simply having to do other things that result in me being able to live.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 12:05   #133
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really see what all the fuss is about. If a person decides not to play in the summer cause he has less time, then so be it. I've had rounds I checked my planet once every week because I had no time. This round I check more times a day.

It's lame to judge others on 'ohh they took a round off' or 'ohh they keep playing so they cannot have a life'. To me, all of this sound like a bunch of pathetic excuses. If Exi decided not to play r14, then that's their choice and 1up shouldn't be whining about it because it's not upto them to decide who plays and who doesn't.
On the other hand, exi shouldn't whine at 1up because they do manage to play each round, with a dedicated membercore. Again, it's not upto them to decide who plays.

I find all this arguing around this subject rather rubbish. It is now that we play, not in the past. This very tick is what matters, not the previous ones. 1up and Exi are both playing now, it's pointless to look back and throw lame "insults" to eachother.

I'm not talking to anyone in particular, just in general after reading all the posts in this thread.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 12:55   #134
Felagund
Lost in Translation

Felagund will become famous soon enoughFelagund will become famous soon enough

Come to spain ! we got here PA-RTY
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 14:33   #135
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
You'd be wrong in this assumption then.
In what fashion? Cath in R13 were significantly weaker than all the other races that round, and i daresay Ziks (and to a lesser extent, Xans) were the strongest. Thus, it makes sense that an alliance with a high proportion of Cathaar players would suffer more than an alliance with a higher proportion of Ziks, for example.

I dont see why this assumption is incorrect, though please enlighten me.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 15:49   #136
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
In what fashion? Cath in R13 were significantly weaker than all the other races that round, and i daresay Ziks (and to a lesser extent, Xans) were the strongest. Thus, it makes sense that an alliance with a high proportion of Cathaar players would suffer more than an alliance with a higher proportion of Ziks, for example.

The assumption is incorrect because you assume 1up has a higher proportion of Cathaar players than other alliances. That might have been correct for one round or another, but pretty much not for every round.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 15:56   #137
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie

I do not consider 1up to contain a high proportion of Cathaar players. That is why your assumption is flawed.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 16:53   #138
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I don't really see what all the fuss is about. If a person decides not to play in the summer cause he has less time, then so be it. I've had rounds I checked my planet once every week because I had no time. This round I check more times a day.

It's true, he's even sent out an attack fleet this round :eek:
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 17:02   #139
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
As for people supporting the lack of balls approach - playing continously round after round IS better than picking your rounds to when the polticial situation is better for yourself.
Arn't there advantages to playing every round too?

I'd imagine if alliances knew your alliance was going to be playing every round competing for the top, they'd be more reluctant to betray you. Wheras if they knew you arn't going to play next round, it doesnt' really matter what your relations with that allie are like at the end of the round.. I'd like to think that alliances play each round on its own, and don't take their feuds into other rounds, but I just don't think that's true.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 17:25   #140
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Alliances are funny.
When an arguement starts you see how many kids actually play this game.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 17:30   #141
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran

It's lame to judge others on 'ohh they took a round off' or 'ohh they keep playing so they cannot have a life'. To me, all of this sound like a bunch of pathetic excuses. If Exi decided not to play r14, then that's their choice and 1up shouldn't be whining about it because it's not upto them to decide who plays and who doesn't.
On the other hand, exi shouldn't whine at 1up because they do manage to play each round, with a dedicated membercore. Again, it's not upto them to decide who plays.

I find all this arguing around this subject rather rubbish. It is now that we play, not in the past. This very tick is what matters, not the previous ones. 1up and Exi are both playing now, it's pointless to look back and throw lame "insults" to eachother.

I'm not talking to anyone in particular, just in general after reading all the posts in this thread.

rgds Kj
Good post KJ. I actually added this to my harddrive.
Noone is looking at this from exil pov though. They are very active. if they can't be online 20 hours out of the day, then maybe they don't feel like playing at all.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:24   #142
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Good post KJ. I actually added this to my harddrive.
Noone is looking at this from exil pov though. They are very active. if they can't be online 20 hours out of the day, then maybe they don't feel like playing at all.
If chika's assumption is true, I do very much wonder how Mäxchen can claim to know about "soial life" and I do very much understand why they seem to lack quite some education.

If every wanting-to-be-top alliance would behave like that we might as well stop playing and randomly assign the #1 alliance rank position.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:47   #143
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
You bloody philistine, all the cool kids go to Leeds :/
Cool kids don't drink cider mistar!
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 20:25   #144
The_Fish
ND

Don't you start