User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Oct 2005, 17:53   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Alliance Blocking

1. HR
2. Xvx
3. Reunion
4. 1up
5. Newdawn
6. ToF
7. LCH
8. Exilition
9.Angels
10. Hydra????
MISC- Rock, TGV, Vengeance, F-Crew, Insomnia

At least, there are 7 alliances in that list that have a serious chance to end #1. And at least 7 very good support alliances, that would really benifit for fighting along side a bigger much more active alliance (as far as "a reason for playing the round").

Me personally, i can't see why in a situation like this, there aren't pre-determined blocks. I would rather someone coming out and saying, "Hydra/Reunion/XvX will coop this round, with the goal of 1 of our block winning", than an alliance saying "We will just lay low and let 1up and Exil fight, then hit the losing side".

TBH, thats pretty lame. And what makes it worse is that the second example is VERY realistic to how certain alliances are approaching RD 15.

"What would the blocks be?", someone might ask. My opinion, of pretty even block examples (and I am trying to be as realistic as possible, though ofc these are my opinions and only opinions) would be 1up/Angels/Reunion/ToF Vs Exilition/LCH/ND/HR.

That is very close to a fair fight imho. 1up/lch vs Exilition/Reunion while Newdawn, ToF, Angels, and HR sit back and watch just seems a bit boring to me.
In a situation like this, "avoiding" any real fights would be pretty lame, as the fight is surely even.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 18:38   #2
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about
Re: Alliance Blocking

Blocking nearly killed PA - there should be no pre determined blocks
All alliances should watch the political situation closely and then try to influnce it to their benefit.
Some alliances want to jump right into the heart of battle as soon as the big boys put their gloves on and others like to sit on the sidelines and pick off the fallen giants as they are most vunerable to improve their standing.

I say - whoever is winning (especially the last 1up dominated round) the other fringe alliances like ToFetc. should join forces to attack the winning alliance (giving the defeated a chance for breath) NOT the other way round

With 3 weeks to go you see everyone saying - 1up are toooooooooo powerful to attack - this round has stagnated - let's pick on someone weaker

AND the round continues and continues and on the last day the winning alliance gets a bit of incomming - COWARDS
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 18:41   #3
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

So you would have preferred the winning alliance to not get incs on the last day possible to do some damage?

Did I miss something here? O_o
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 18:43   #4
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
"What would the blocks be?", someone might ask. My opinion, of pretty even block examples (and I am trying to be as realistic as possible, though ofc these are my opinions and only opinions) would be 1up/Angels/Reunion/ToF Vs Exilition/LCH/ND/HR.
Would be an interesting fight tbh... Any thoughts on a winner or set of winners out of that bunch?
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 18:53   #5
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
. My opinion, of pretty even block examples (and I am trying to be as realistic as possible, though ofc these are my opinions and only opinions) would be 1up/Angels/Reunion/ToF Vs Exilition/LCH/ND/HR.

That is very close to a fair fight imho. 1up/lch vs Exilition/Reunion while Newdawn, ToF, Angels, and HR sit back and watch just seems a bit boring to me.
In a situation like this, "avoiding" any real fights would be pretty lame, as the fight is surely even.
I think you're looking at it from a pretty narrow viewpoint.

I can certainly see why those blocks would appeal to 1up/exi, since those 2 alliances are the heavy favorites to win the upcoming round, they'd both be the top alliance in a powerful block & if their block won then they'd win the rnd.

What would be in it for Angels, LCH, reunion, NewDawn, ToF & HR?
They'd get the honor of being a sidekick/muppet alliance for the winner?

Personally setting out to help either 1up or exi win the round doesn't appeal to me much.

We spent a few rounds starting out the round aligned with 1up at the start & then we spent a rnd doing our own thing.
Overall I've gotta say we were much more successful doing our own thing.

You may think its lame, but thankfully your opinion doesn't actually mattter.
The fluidity we had in politics this last round is much more appealing then the preset stagnation that'd happen with large blocks.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 18:53   #6
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Squidly

I am saying that they should have got tonnes of incommings off every alliance - as soon as they started to win
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 19:05   #7
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Imo you would be more likely to see LCH on 1ups side then Angels.

Regardless, I think it leads to a much more fluid and, therefore, interesting round if you dont have predetermined blocks.

If alliances arrange blocks before the ticks start, the mentality of most (NOT all) current HC would mean these would not get broken if their block ran away with the round. Which would in turn lead to a boring,stagnated round after just a few ticks. I also don't think alliances/HC should be looked on as dishonorable if throughout the round they drop or create different naps/cooperation in order to keep the round alive for as long as possible.

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 19:05   #8
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Grog. Deciding blocks at this stage is a bit stupid, really...
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 19:08   #9
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
I think/hope most people (especially those with the influence to effect politics) will think like that and not want to create blocks pre-tick

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 3 Oct 2005, 19:14   #10
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
Imo you would be more likely to see LCH on 1ups side then Angels.

Hmm, i don't know why you get that impression, considering LCH's track record over last few rounds, where its been LCH vs 1up all the time, especially considering last rd when even though it didn't benefit their ally LCH HC still insisted on hitting 1up....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 19:22   #11
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Hmm, i don't know why you get that impression, considering LCH's track record over last few rounds, where its been LCH vs 1up all the time, especially considering last rd when even though it didn't benefit their ally LCH HC still insisted on hitting 1up....
the last few rounds, and most 1up HC would agree with me here i think since it has come up when I have had discussions with them about previous rounds, but if LCH and 1up had napped it could very easily have led to a boring/stagnated round.

The exception being r13 where we may have seen a different outcome, LCH had the choice of 1up or eX as fairly balanced choices and in the end chose eX, which had a lot to do with mine and butters connections to BaSSe/ricka from planet1a (elysium)

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 3 Oct 2005, 19:31   #12
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Round 15 will hopefully not stagnate after the first 3 weeks as round 14 did. But as many have pointed out, the most important thing for an alliance is to maintain their own position and their own goals. If anyone wants to come out predetermined as a support alliance for either 1up or exilition or who ever people see as top flight candidates we will end up with a situation that people give away their possibility to be nr 1. Lets avoid that shall we?
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 19:40   #13
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

What everyone is saying sounds fine and dandy. But we all seem to have forgotten, that there ARE pre-determined blocks. Even As we speak right now.
Blocks have not killed pa. Poor HC's have killed pa. And it seems that poor members have done it also. "Fluid" Politics is not, "Ok 1up and LCH are fighting. 1up are leading. Ok we help LCH. Oh damn LCH and co died. oh shit 1up is attacking us. Ok, lets hit the guys below us."
If thats the fluid politics that you speak of in RD 14....

I just ask that we all be realistic.
And Angels/Lch and others have just as good of a chance to be 1st place as 1up/exil do. I never said the other alliances in the main core of the block to "support" 1up/exil. I did however imply that the smaller alliances, rock/f-crew etc would serve a purpose in the big picture by supporting a side.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 19:49   #14
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog
We spent a few rounds starting out the round aligned with 1up at the start & then we spent a rnd doing our own thing.
Overall I've gotta say we were much more successful doing our own thing.

You may think its lame, but thankfully your opinion doesn't actually mattter.
The fluidity we had in politics this last round is much more appealing then the preset stagnation that'd happen with large blocks.

Whats disheartening is that you seem to actually like that "performance" you did last round.
Yes, anyone would be successful not fighting any real wars. (Your HC agrees with this, and he also agrees with the point I made about the 'war" with reunion, which would only cause harm stating it here).
But, overall I have to agree with you grog. I would rather my alliance get no major incoming, then the top ally hit me when everyone else is dead, and I end #2 off xp/roid mining from earlier in the round. Sounds very fun.

ATTENTION
People are also contradicting themseves, you say you want fluid politic (hehe) but you say that 1up stagnated last round. (A fluid politic round)

Unread 3 Oct 2005, 19:51   #15
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti

I wish you were my spokesman. I would walk you to every HC making blocks atm and have you repeat that line. For the record you would be saying it 3 times if we walked around right now.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 20:29   #16
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

OMG Chika
Theres so many holes in your reasoning, I'm at a loss where to begin.

Since I don't have the time to pick you apart piece by piece atm I guess I'll just settle for saying that it's obvious you have no clue what you're talking about. You select the facts that help justify your predetermined point of view & ignore anything contradictory.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 20:53   #17
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

1up has made no plans whatsoever for r15. We haven't even discussed it yet after the revealment of what the galaxy setup is going to be like (and what the exact member count is)

I'd expect most other alliances are being equally lazy right now as we recoup from last round for a good few days.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 20:55   #18
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

with the ability to have 5 man buddy packs, blocks are inevitable.....now we just have to sit back and see who allows their members to buddy pack with who, it will basically formulate what the blocks will be

by the way Kargool, round 14 didn't stagnate after 3 weeks, thats completely rediculous
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 21:32   #19
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I'd expect most other alliances are being equally lazy right now as we recoup from last round for a good few days.
I expect the anti 1up crew to use the anti 1up feeling, that inevitably will come after a victory, and do the work while the iron is hot. I doubt they will sit back and be lazy.

Last edited by Treveler; 3 Oct 2005 at 21:40.
Treveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 21:45   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

NAP 1up or Exilition from the off to gurantee you finishing behind them.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 22:17   #21
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
(Your HC agrees with this, and he also agrees with the point I made about the 'war" with reunion, which would only cause harm stating it here).
Chika, just a quick heads up, Grog is ND HC.

edit: oh, and what Lok said.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 22:37   #22
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
or hope that the two top contenders (atleast pre round) beat the snot out of each other and you can sneak in between them...which supports a fencesitters strategy
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 22:39   #23
Chika

Quote:
Untrue. If you play your round like men, you have just as good a chance of winning of any of them. You don't immediatly turn STUPID when you NAP an alliance that has won before. Its all in your head. And thats my issue. Allinaces will NAP 1up or Exil. What what preset blocks would eliminate is the alliances that punk it out and hang in the back trying to avoid incoming. That is, in fact, the basis of my post. If the community as a whole thinks that not fighting anyone is the new way to play PA, then that basis is crap. But I doubt anyone with half a heart would see this as a worthy tactic, nor anyone that wants to have a fun round. And clealry this tactic doesn't work because who is to say your new found "friends" that you now coop with won't die and give up when you try to make your move for #1.

Overall, "sitting the fight out" doesn't call for fluid politics due to the fact that this idea is based on someone fighting while someone else avoids fighting. If people are going to start talking like top alliances you need to start acting like it. The acting like it part is the most important.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 22:43   #24
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Chika, just a quick heads up, Grog is ND HC.

edit: oh, and what Lok said.
Thanks for the heads up. I only know 2 ND HC I think. I don't know if thats bad or good.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:06   #25
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Overall, "sitting the fight out" doesn't call for fluid politics due to the fact that this idea is based on someone fighting while someone else avoids fighting. If people are going to start talking like top alliances you need to start acting like it. The acting like it part is the most important.

This game is about stealing roids, stealing ships, and getting XP.

I dont get that fight alliances idea.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:12   #26
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

It is too early to say anything...
just an example has anybody thought of a disband last round?
forming new allies?
we will see...

I am just looking forward for some nice battles
perhaps i can loose some ships
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:14   #27
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

I thought you always lost your ships sale?

Anyways, some smart people suggested to me, that if 1up were worried about blocking, why not lead by example and put all the 1up'ers in fiver buddypacks..
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:16   #28
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool

Anyways, some smart people suggested to me, that if 1up were worried about blocking, why not lead by example and put all the 1up'ers in fiver buddypacks..
For the simple option, the whole alliance could be hit with such ease, it would be suicide to have all members so easy to hit together.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:17   #29
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

ohh Kargool u know me too well...

but hey it is not my fault...
the damn planets got def :P
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:26   #30
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
For the simple option, the whole alliance could be hit with such ease, it would be suicide to have all members so easy to hit together.
Aww.. stop spoiling my evul plans for world domination.

Your argument kind of proved my point though. Its impossible not to have some alliance coordination with the current buddypack system.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:44   #31
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Aww.. stop spoiling my evul plans for world domination.

Your argument kind of proved my point though. Its impossible not to have some alliance coordination with the current buddypack system.
That's wrong I think... If most members of an alliance double up and then find random mates from other alliances {IE grabbing a person for who they are, not which alliance they're part of} There's not really formal alliance interaction there... as those mates could be from the peniz-alliance for all I know =p
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:47   #32
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

makes a hell of a good case for going solo...
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:47   #33
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

I wrote : Its impossible not to have some alliance
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:49   #34
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
I wrote : Its impossible not to have some alliance
Sorry... read that as formal alliance-alliance interaction. My bad!
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 23:50   #35
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
makes a hell of a good case for going solo...
What, the peniz-alliance?
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 00:12   #36
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Untrue. If you play your round like men, you have just as good a chance of winning of any of them. You don't immediatly turn STUPID when you NAP an alliance that has won before. Its all in your head. And thats my issue. Allinaces will NAP 1up or Exil. What what preset blocks would eliminate is the alliances that punk it out and hang in the back trying to avoid incoming. That is, in fact, the basis of my post. If the community as a whole thinks that not fighting anyone is the new way to play PA, then that basis is crap. But I doubt anyone with half a heart would see this as a worthy tactic, nor anyone that wants to have a fun round. And clealry this tactic doesn't work because who is to say your new found "friends" that you now coop with won't die and give up when you try to make your move for #1.

I don't care for others strategies, as other alliances exist to be awkward anyway - my view is you most likely want to be on each other from the off, and should be actively encouraged to do so, because you're the best qualified to take each other out. Blocks in a scenario with 1up and Exilition simply prevent or delay this from happening and gets players hit and involved, who quite frankly, should never give a toss about either alliance in the first place and instead should be focusing on their own performance and getting better. This strategy far from prevents fighting it infact increases it as the alliance has more options than being focused through one alliance's particular telescope.

As for alliances ducking it, that can wholly be attributed to a stupidly long round length. Alliances can only learn so much by being under another alliance's wing (there may be a time for this in their development); it seems to me far more productive to take that experience and attempt to use it for your own gain as if you're in the same block, the difference in quality will show from the block to its true extent. If you're outside the two poles, maybe you can do something to close that gap in quality.

Seriously, if I were involved in next round - I'd tell you both to fight your own wars and that when or even if we wanted an agreement for our mutual benefit, we'd contact you. Personally I'd rather fight on my own terms rather than have them dictated by a strike alliance's targeting policy resulting in my own chaps being hit simply because of our mutual association with that alliance.

This is not fencesitting, it's saying "I'll do what I want". Some people want to call it fencesitting for one simple reason - they want support. Did I ever suggest NAP'ing both of them from the off? I don't think I did. It's simply convenient for them to stick this in with a NoS strategy. I simply said they shouldn't get involved in the bi-polar politics of "us and them" that 1up and Exilition clearly want to get involved in, because its convenient for them. Note that I haven't said alliances should ever rule out an agreement with either party, it's just that to do it from the start and stick yourself up for a flogging seems stupid to me.

What's the moral of the story? Other alliances, you need to get better, and stand up for yourselves more. Build a team. Get that 24 hour coverage. Get the back up players to keep everyone fresh. Use some common sense. Give your players a reason to be active, instead of simply serving some already existing powerhouse, make your own and fight them on your own terms rather than theirs. Surprise them on occaison If you win, it's going to be an epic trip. If not, you got a rank probably comparable you would have got with a NAP, the difference being you did it by yourself by being awkward and in the oppositions face because you hit the planets you wanted to hit.

Personally I think in round 15 you'll see alliances being bloody careful about who they make agreements with - I think you'll see a lot of self interest out there.

Last edited by lokken; 4 Oct 2005 at 00:18.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 03:33   #37
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Hey Chika, those blocks you mentioned sound ****ing boring until a couple of them alliances backstab each other and their blocks and turn it into another one of those.. things..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 04:32   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can always arrange an even fight in advance of the round. Where on earth would the fun in that be though? Why would you want to remove the political aspect from the round?

Quote:
or hope that the two top contenders (atleast pre round) beat the snot out of each other and you can sneak in between them...which supports a fencesitters strategy
If this post was any gayer it'd leave AD at night to rape men (pardon my sense of humour heh). Quality (military-machine) wise it is fairly obvious that 1up and exilition are a decent amount ahead of every other alliance. If any other alliances aim to finish number one they will inevitably have to exploit the political situation to achieve their goal. Not NAPing or allying exilition or 1up isn't fence-sitting. It's burning down the fence and then urinating on the ashes.
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 05:18   #39
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You can always arrange an even fight in advance of the round. Where on earth would the fun in that be though? Why would you want to remove the political aspect from the round?

If this post was any gayer it'd leave AD at night to rape men (pardon my sense of humour heh). Quality (military-machine) wise it is fairly obvious that 1up and exilition are a decent amount ahead of every other alliance. If any other alliances aim to finish number one they will inevitably have to exploit the political situation to achieve their goal. Not NAPing or allying exilition or 1up isn't fence-sitting. It's burning down the fence and then urinating on the ashes.
When did I say anything about anyone NAP'ing 1up or Exilition? Steering clear of the fight, ala NoS in past rounds (NAP'ing the universe), ND last round (telling each side they were gonna hit the other and then backing out) etc IS fence sitting.

End of the day, ND did EXACTLY as I described, they sat back and played footsy with everyone while LCH/1up faught it out, they told both alliances they would hit the other, and didn't hit either.... hoping to slide by...call it what you want, that's EXACTLY what they did... by the time they figured out the strategy wasn't going to work.... it was too late. Sure ND attacked well, but all things considered.... in a round when the big guns play actively, they wouldn't have had that same success..and 1up wouldn't have won by 200 million plus..

As for another alliance other than 1up/Exi finishing #1...who the hell knows at this point...it depends on a lot of things we don't know about yet...and end of the day, they gonna have to fight, and take roids, and kill enemies.....using politics to your advantage is only a small part of it, it has to have firepower behind it.

JBG before you go making idiotic comments about a post, maybe you should understand wtf it means, and interpret it properly

LCH is playing, Angels is playing.. ToF is much improved, there are a lot of big guns out there to be accounted for....anything can happen

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 4 Oct 2005 at 05:26. Reason: spelling
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 05:57   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
When did I say anything about anyone NAP'ing 1up or Exilition? Steering clear of the fight, ala NoS in past rounds (NAP'ing the universe), ND last round (telling each side they were gonna hit the other and then backing out) etc IS fence sitting.
Okay that's a reasonable enough viewpoint but that's not what you said. You said
Quote:
Now while the aforementioned "telling each side you would hit the other and then backing out" is most definitely a form of fence-sitting merely avoiding the war by having no formal or informal political agreements, which is the only thing your first post can be interpreted as saying, is not fence-sitting. Fence-sitting is protecting yourself from both sides of a war, not saying "bugger you, I'm going to do my own thing". If that is what you meant I apologise but your post lacked the necessary information to infer correctly your opinions on the matter.

Quote:
End of the day, ND did EXACTLY as I described, they sat back and played footsy with everyone while LCH/1up faught it out, they told both alliances they would hit the other, and didn't hit either.... hoping to slide by...call it what you want, that's EXACTLY what they did... by the time they figured out the strategy wasn't going to work.... it was too late. Sure ND attacked well, but all things considered.... in a round when the big guns play actively, they wouldn't have had that same success..and 1up wouldn't have won by 200 million plus..
I thought I was talking about next round?

Quote:
As for another alliance other than 1up/Exi finishing #1...who the hell knows at this point...it depends on a lot of things we don't know about yet...and end of the day, they gonna have to fight, and take roids, and kill enemies.....using politics to your advantage is only a small part of it, it has to have firepower behind it.
That's fairly obvious yes. You must have a solid military behind you to accomplish your goals, however in this current scenario PA finds itself facing two alliances have a definite advantage in this area

Quote:
JBG before you go making idiotic comments about a post, maybe you should understand wtf it means, and interpret it properly
Unfortunately among my many talents I cannot number the ability to read minds.

Quote:
LCH is playing, Angels is playing.. ToF is much improved, there are a lot of big guns out there to be accounted for....anything can happen
Anything can happen. It usually doesn't bother though.
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 07:33   #41
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Quote:
I love ya Duck, but yer full of crap.

We didn't hit either? Bullshit, we hit both regularly.
Accusing us of fence sitting is ridiculous.

If we didn't hit 1up as much as we hit LCH, it was only because we were worried that with just a little more pressure 1up would fold up & dissapear for the round.

Yes a couple times ND told 1up we'd be hitting LCH on a night & then a diplomatic solution was reached before we actually hit them hard.
Too bad, keeping 1up happy wasn't really our concern.

You guys all seem to forget how close 1up was to falling apart.

You guys got extremely lucky with Insomnia & then LCH falling apart before you did, but it was a damned close thing.

We tried to walk a tight rope, keeping LCH & 1up fighting each other, it didn't turn out as we hoped it would, but this rnd EASILY could of been tipped the other way & we'd be putting up with arrogant crap like this from LCH instead of from 1up.
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 08:10   #42
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog

If we didn't hit 1up as much as we hit LCH, it was only because we were worried that with just a little more pressure 1up would fold up & dissapear for the round.

You guys all seem to forget how close 1up was to falling apart.
You're an idiot.

Like my mum said, "if you don't have anything to say that doesn't make you sound like you don't know your head from your arse, don't say anything at all".

Sage advice you might consider taking as that quote is just about the biggest pile of random bullshit I've ever had the misfortune to read on these forums.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 09:00   #43
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
You're an idiot.

Like my mum said, "if you don't have anything to say that doesn't make you sound like you don't know your head from your arse, don't say anything at all".

Sage advice you might consider taking as that quote is just about the biggest pile of random bullshit I've ever had the misfortune to read on these forums.
Nope I may be a lot of things, but an idiot isn't one of them, it seems your suffering from the selective memory that tends to happen with victory. You remember the last month of domination, not the first 2 months of struggling.

1up was losing the war, LCH had a considerable roid lead & was gaining score every day.
LCH passing 1up looked inevitable.

We were hitting LCH more then 1up every night just trying to take some of the pressure off 1up.
If we had concentrated on 1up at that point, the round would of had a much different outcome, but we were still hoping to just make that war drag on as long as possible.

Right up until insomnia fell apart & LCH lost there main ally, it looked like 1up was doomed. Once that happened the tide started to turn & 1up started regaining the roid lead.
Then hydra folded up, reunion suddenly became much stronger & the writing was on the wall.

1up was very fortunate to win this round, even if that fact isn't talked about by the victors.
Your enemies self destructed & your ally went from a minor player to a power.
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 09:01   #44
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Grog...if 1up was close to falling apart...I sure missed it.... gotta start reading those memo's I suppose....where could you possibly get such an idea
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 09:03   #45
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

a 200 million + victory is FAR from "fortunate" . LCH didn't mount a solid attack on us all round, nor did anyone else for that matter...when we did get incomings, we defended quite well (over 3100 calls I believe) and the only time we lost the lead is when we kicked inactives and Reunion added a battle group....don't know what round you were watching my friend... but you missed a hell of a round on the PA server :P
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 09:15   #46
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is not fencesitting, it's saying "I'll do what I want". Some people want to call it fencesitting for one simple reason - they want support. Did I ever suggest NAP'ing both of them from the off? I don't think I did. It's simply convenient for them to stick this in with a NoS strategy. I simply said they shouldn't get involved in the bi-polar politics of "us and them" that 1up and Exilition clearly want to get involved in, because its convenient for them. Note that I haven't said alliances should ever rule out an agreement with either party, it's just that to do it from the start and stick yourself up for a flogging seems stupid to me.
I couldn't agree more with that statement. Tbh I'm abit sick and tired of pple like Angryduck or Chika (he does that also) to look down on a perfectly acceptable and efficient strategy. Just because you're not a blocker or a fool attacking anything that moves, doesn't make you a fencesitter on default.

PA has evolved to a game where each alliance picks his fights and wars.

The essential about fencesitting is napping/allying both sides in a war. And tbh, if NOS napped Exi and later on 1up, then 1up was fully aware of the fencesitting intentions and by napping NOS, they agreed to it ... quite lame to point a finger at fencesitters when you nap with them yourself.

Chika and Angryduck, don't take this personal ... but most pple don't even know the meaning of fencesitting and ALOT of alliances seem to criticize them YET NAP them or support them.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 09:21   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
a 200 million + victory is FAR from "fortunate" . LCH didn't mount a solid attack on us all round, nor did anyone else for that matter...when we did get incomings, we defended quite well (over 3100 calls I believe) and the only time we lost the lead is when we kicked inactives and Reunion added a battle group....don't know what round you were watching my friend... but you missed a hell of a round on the PA server :P
drip drip ... arrogance ... get over yourself for crying out loud.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 09:35   #48
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Not arrogance in the slightest. He's simply telling it how it is.

1up falling apart is nothing short of dreamworld. We had a couple of days in the red but nothing more. Yes, LCH had a roidlead but wtf does that matter?

If we want to talk ab out arrogance then let's take Grogs statement:

"If we had decided to hit you instead of LCH you wouldn't have won". I don't think that would've last terribly long would it? I think we already saw how ND managed to cope with being focussed on by 1up.

1up have coped with far worse incoming than we got this round. To say we were falling apart is nothing more than wishful thinking and plain rubbish.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 09:35   #49
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

In my opinion the simple factor that buddy packs have 5 in them for next round will of course lead to some sort of pre-determined alliance co-operation. Right now it is fairly obvious who certain alliances will be conversing with about the possibility of filling there buddy packs together.

And the fact that on this post it states in a numerous places that 1up will be on the side of LCH? That i cannot see happening, especially after last round where the 1up incoming lead to such drastic measures taken internally within LCH. Would they really want to side with an alliance that nearly ruined them and that they have never beaten in the last 4 rounds? I doubt it....
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 09:47   #50
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
not arrogance, just simply illustrating a known fact...

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 4 Oct 2005 at 09:52.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote