User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:03   #101
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Lion, The Witch & The Secret-Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
Lol @ steve's posts, that kinder goes against what Nos HC have said about doing whats best for their members right?
As Heru already pointed out, and steve has admitted. He has been inactive nearly all round and we only left him in as a good will jesture. Accordingly, since not being around, he has no clue what so ever and his comments clearly reflect that. steve is no longer a member, not that anybody will notice anyway. If he did not enjoy himself and was bored, it was probably because he was never around to actually join in. NoS can not assist him with his real life boredom.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:06   #102
Dingo
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
NoS finished 3rd this round because no-one really cared about you. You didn't earn your place, you got to it because you very rarely had heavy incomings, due to blocking 2/3rds of the universe.
Please come back when you have a clue. Since you are not, nor ever will be a member of NoS, you are not in a position to acurately comment on any of those points.

Bottom line is.. Yes NoS finished 3rd, Yes NoS obviously deserved it, or they wouldn't have made it to 3rd. Get over it and look at improving your own alliance. We will look after our own.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:06   #103
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

People are right that NoS is not the best alliance in the game. Not even close. But in the end we managed to do better than most other alliances. So we did something right.

I enjoyed my round. If you didn't then don't blame people who did.

Now for next round: I think just like this round alliances will have more dangerous enemies to focus on than NoS. Nothing has changed in that aspect.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:08   #104
Dingo
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
Your right again My memory was lacking skillz yesterday.
Normal day then huh?
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:11   #105
Dingo
God

Quote:
ROFL.

Nadar, I think that steve's original post was probably the worst PR you could have possibly had. It's a little late for damage control now.
Fortunately, since he was not actually around to be able to give an informed comment, we don't give a hoot what he has to say. Had it been from an active member, we would be concerned more that they had not brought their disatisfaction actually to our attention.

We Do Not Exist, so therefore all comments, bitching, misinformation and general sour grapes are irrelevant and treated as such.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:56   #106
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo
Please come back when you have a clue. Since you are not, nor ever will be a member of NoS, you are not in a position to acurately comment on any of those points.
Thank God for that. Not that I'd want to join anyway.

Quote:
Bottom line is.. Yes NoS finished 3rd, Yes NoS obviously deserved it, or they wouldn't have made it to 3rd. Get over it and look at improving your own alliance. We will look after our own.
Yes NoS finished 3rd. But your 3rd is an illusion, masking the real winners of Round 13.

Code:
Rank	Score	Size	Av.Size	Name		Members	Av. Size	Av. Score	Size	Score	 
1	1 	1 	1 	EXilition	62	2,443		8,402,232	151,483	520,938,402
2	2 	2 	2 	Angels		58	2,290		8,104,359	132,791	470,052,820
3	12 	15 	3 	ToT		40	1,269		6,171,154	50,777	246,846,155
4	4 	3 	4 	LCH		72	1,216		4,760,027	87,539	342,721,943
5	3 	4 	8 	NoS		91	947		4,426,998	86,211	402,856,820
6	7 	7 	9 	1up		74	858		4,181,989	63,462	309,467,187
7	5 	5 	11 	SiNND		92	752		3,659,770	69,195	336,698,848
8	6 	6 	10 	Wolfpack	90	760		3,539,033	68,362	318,513,014
9	10 	11 	16 	Veneratio	79	654		3,385,782	51,662	267,476,810
10	9 	9 	17 	Howling Rain	81	646		3,385,408	52,351	274,218,068
11	11 	10 	13 	[VsN]		74	706		3,338,092	52,208	247,018,828
12	8 	8 	18 	Tides of Fire	98	641		3,142,556	62,800	307,970,531
13	16 	16 	12 	ROCK		55	718		2,923,869	39,480	160,812,804
14	13 	12 	14 	Vengeance	75	685		2,878,747	51,343	215,906,018
Those are the real rankings that everyone should be looking at, not at the in-game rankings which are skewed by member count.

EXilition won the round, with Angels second. No-one disputes that. But in reality (where I like to play the game), ToT and LCH both had consistently better members than NoS, as shown by both their higher average score and roid counts.

EXilition, ToT and LCH all did that under heavy fire from the 1up block for most of the round. In contrast, most alliances were either NAPed to NoS or too busy with the actual war to send any decent attacks on yourselves. As soon as Howling Rain and Vengeance started aiming more for you and less for the EX block, you had a lot more nights of net roid loss than before. Before that time, you had a pretty cushy ride.

Sure, take pride in finshing third. It is indeed more than Vengeance did. But NoS took little direct part in the wars of the game, forced to wave smaller alliances just for some measly roids that were fairly easily gained. The same doesn't apply to Vengeance.

As for your comment on improving my own alliance - don't worry, I will be. And I'll see you next round.

furball, Vengeance HC.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 14:08   #107
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

aw, please furball, dont come draggin with average score. if this game ranked people as the average score won they would have done excactly that. Just because we wanted to be loyal to everyone who played the round from start to end and didnt want to kick anyone to get bigger average score doesnt mean we didnt deserved the 3rd place. Go bowl in a dark alley or something. If you dont like that Planetarion sees alliance score as more important than average, suggest to change it. This round's parameters was that the alliance with the most score in total won, and as far as I know it has been all rounds. Now let me get back to contemplate my own navel.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 14:36   #108
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
aw, please furball, dont come draggin with average score. if this game ranked people as the average score won they would have done excactly that. Just because we wanted to be loyal to everyone who played the round from start to end and didnt want to kick anyone to get bigger average score doesnt mean we didnt deserved the 3rd place. Go bowl in a dark alley or something. If you dont like that Planetarion sees alliance score as more important than average, suggest to change it. This round's parameters was that the alliance with the most score in total won, and as far as I know it has been all rounds. Now let me get back to contemplate my own navel.

If you are still seriously trying to say that NoS achieved more than 1up, LCH and ToT this round, you need your head examined, and the peons who post here saying so will surely show what general census is.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 14:38   #109
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Explain to me why average score aint the thing PA decides who wins or who wont win then?
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 14:39   #110
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
If you are still seriously trying to say that NoS achieved more than 1up, LCH and ToT this round, you need your head examined, and the peons who post here saying so will surely show what general census is.
But I think NoS keep saying they don't care about what other people think - if they did care, they would not have taken that course of action!

Not sure why they keep posting here, in fact, if that's the case...
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 14:42   #111
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

This is just me as a player asking. Any offical statement is for the HC to comment on.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 15:24   #112
Kushan
[VsN]

Kushan is an unknown quantity at this point

I nice post interesting and honest post, good to see.

Kushan
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:10   #113
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
As Heru already pointed out, and steve has admitted. He has been inactive nearly all round and we only left him in as a good will jesture. Accordingly, since not being around, he has no clue what so ever and his comments clearly reflect that. steve is no longer a member, not that anybody will notice anyway. If he did not enjoy himself and was bored, it was probably because he was never around to actually join in. NoS can not assist him with his real life boredom.
as it points out in my post this is feedback from some goci members and also when i was able to play the first half of the round. it shows the level of nos members when you ask to be removed from the nos arby because you wont be able to play and yet you arent. then nos hc try to use this as an excuse.

nadar as i said in my post stop with going on it being just my views as yes i didnt get the whole round to play but its a reflection from people that have spoken to me.

as for me not being a part of nos. all i actually did was a few interviews and vote on recruits. not really too bothered to find out im kicked when i hadnt actually played. :xmas: feels like a present tbh.

i must say that heru > * for managing to be the active hc and getting deals sorted. how on earth he managed that i dont know but well done none the less. and yes nos has acheived alot this round. it may not of been on the same level as 1up tot or lch but to advance to 5th (there original target for the round) is showing they are making progress. just not in a way we found to be fun.

ps. ty for the pos rep gate
[23:42:56] <SkyHead> Keep your fleets
[23:43:02] <SkyHead> Keep your faith
[23:43:08] <SkyHead> Keep your anti 1up spirit

-retired 1up MO-
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:25   #114
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
drop dead , calling someone out for an anonomous negrep, with no possible logic behind it, get over it, if your not the idiot that did the negrep, then move on

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 10 Jun 2005 at 18:56.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:27   #115
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Well, according to your logic, ToT must be a pretty shit alliance.

11th for most of the round, finished 12th. They were behind alliances like Tides of Fire and Veneratio, and since it's only score that counts, they can't be as good as them. In fact, ROCK and Vengeance combined could take them down, couldn't they?

ROCK = 161 million score
Vengeance = 215 million score
161m + 215m = 376 million score

ToT score = 246 million

No sweat, huh?

I think it should be clear that overall score is a load of crap. If you can't mobilise that score, then it's just not worth having it. Alliances such as ToT, EXilition and Angels can get all of their members active on one single night. Compare that to the rest of the alliances, and that's why there's such a large gap.

Sure, it's very pretty to end up in 3rd. May your e-penises grow long and hard looking at that. But it's alliances like ToT that have the balls to use them.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:35   #116
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
nadar as i said in my post stop with going on it being just my views as yes i didnt get the whole round to play but its a reflection from people that have spoken to me.
For all we know that could be something you're just making up to 'shield' it off yourself. If they don't have the balls to say it themselves, it simply can't be taken serious.

Last edited by lokken; 10 Jun 2005 at 16:54.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 17:32   #117
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about

Politics is just as much a part of pa as attacking people. Saying NoS only finished third because of politics is a bit like saying you only stole all my Frigates because you had lots of thieves.

The objective of the game is to finish as high ranked as possible - You cant now claim that average score is more important that total score. If this was true, NoS would have adapted its playing style accordingly.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 17:55   #118
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Damn, so many clueless jealous ppl at one place

Who're HR to complain about NoS not being respectful to their allies? Firstly i can say that it was stated very early in the round that certain allies in the sinnd/1up/tof didnt want to nap nos prior to the ticker even started, but yet they did. NoS claimed cleary that we were gonna target WP/HR, and at the point where 1up/sinnd/tof napped WP, WP was the alliance that still had a chance to win if exil was taken down.

So we finnished the job. And then ppl bitch here about NoS not having a hard time taking down HR, and i can say that HR was much easier than WP, however we targetted both at the same time(usually 2 nights on HR then 2 nights on WP etc), and both where ahead of us in the rankings with little other incs from the 2 blocks. As for who napped who first, a gentlemens agreement about not targetting eachother IS a NAP to whomever tried to downgrade the seriousity of the agreement 1up/sinnd had with WP prior to the official NAP.

About abandoning the block, 1up/sin/nd/tof/wp had 450'ish(well over 500 if include HR) members when we napped Exil, exil/tot/lch had 260(350 if you include angels). If anything that is seriously überblocking and it went weeks before exil actually got a better grip than what they had at this point. NoS where targetting wp/hr as stated prior to the round. 1up and co. actually claimed LOUD and clear in the joint HC chan that the agreement between 1up/sinnd/tof/nos where merely a NAP, if you seriously believed that, then why the h3ll did you try to dictate where we sent our attackfleets as long as we didnt attack friendlies? You suddenly allowed your members to defend against us ingal unless we hit exil-block and tried to get us to bend over and reattach ourself to your strings.

Tbh, if ND/1up where noticing to be loosing against exil-block then they should have dropped their agreement and stopped targetting exil. Would have forced exil-block to dissolve and start to target random alliances perhaps. If 1up/sinnd/tof wanted they could prolly have helped us take down WP/HR in less than a week, and then NoS would have achieved preset military goals and could have continued to target exil block.

1up/ND/ToF at no point showed respect to NoS before we napped exil either, so i wonder why they expect full dedication to their politics in return. Its been stated over and over that NoS has it easy, noone targets them etc, even before we napped exil. 1up/ND never gave NoS any credit for holding a good rank, still before we napped exil, they only moaned at how much incs they had and that we had none.

I grew sick of the ND bitching after a while and stopped talking in joint chans. We couldnt even report friendly fire to ND without their officers starting to bitch at our officers for not targetting exil. ND officers and HC even found it suitable to run around on AD and call us fencesitters and blame us for destroying the round for all by napping the entire universe, before the round was even over. Tbh, a NAP can be broken, but noone broke the naps with us. If you want to blame us for being napped to many allies, then why not get the finger out of your arse and terminate the nap you yourself had with us, thats a good place to start. Also, claiming we did no fighting this round is clueless, we picked targets alongside the rest of the 1up block and launched everything we had at exi/lch/tot the first 800-1000 ticks, before we found that we had to go after WP/HR before they became too big.

Going after exil-block was infact more profittable for us roidwise than going after WP/HR planets alone with the possibility of ingal defence from 1up/sinnd/tof/wp/hr/lch/exil/tot/angels, so to those claiming we did what we did for an easy ride to the top3, you have as much clue as a grasshopper. We had goals that was set during xmas(taking down wp/hr) and this was 100% understood and accepted by 1up/sinnd/tof before the ticker started.

You can say NoS won by playing politics, but isnt that what the game is all about? Ofc we played politics, politics to help us reach our goals. And at any time, anyone napped to us could have stabbed us in the back and pushed us down the rank, but noone ever did because they where afraid of us actually targetting them. So someone obviously considered us a reasonable force war-wise.

And to those countering this statement with "we didnt break naps with you because we're honorable and didnt want to loose public respect", LIES. Many ppl did their share to piss on NoS reputation during the round and noone would have blamed you if you decided to stab us in the back, infact several allies of ours would have applauded you. Many ppl has lost my respect, not that they will ever want my respect, and you prolly know who you are.

Isnt it ALLWAYS easier to blame someone else for your own sucky round than aknowledging that you played a crap round and leave it at that?

At the end i would like to include that this is my personal views and are in no way representing my alliances view.

WHINERS!

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by lokken; 10 Jun 2005 at 18:19.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:09   #119
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haer
Politics is just as much a part of pa as attacking people. Saying NoS only finished third because of politics is a bit like saying you only stole all my Frigates because you had lots of thieves.

The objective of the game is to finish as high ranked as possible - You cant now claim that average score is more important that total score. If this was true, NoS would have adapted its playing style accordingly.
NoS finished 3rd by using conservative politics to compliment their military deficiencies. They have a political strategy devoted not to beating alliances in wars, but devoted to avoiding incoming wherever possible. It's very much a 'negative' strategy.

Are they the 3rd best pound for pound alliance in the game? I would say no. I don't agree with NoS attitude but i can certainly see the rationale behind it, and can see that there's method in your moderately dull political strategy. Personally I don't care for it, but NoS have always played this way, and everyone must adapt.

Like i said previous, your HC has done a grand job to get your alliance to 3rd much like ND did last round, except we had to do a bit more fighting to get ours, considering we were having to fleetcatch like mad until the last day to secure it. I personally have no problem with it, but I can see why there's criticism about such a negative strategy on the back of an agreement with Exilition.

Congratulations on your top 100 position btw, top work.

Last edited by lokken; 10 Jun 2005 at 18:15.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:20   #120
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about

Negative strategy or not, at the end of the day it paid off. Given our supposed military shortcomings, surely playing it any other way would have been the wrong thing to do.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:26   #121
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well it's nice to know you admit you're dull.

But going 'we're dull and came 3rd woo hoo!' isn't going to win much fans on here.

Supposed military shortcomings? If you aren't ToT/Exiliton/1up/Angels you're shite at this point in time.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:34   #122
Haer
Aquafresh

Pa is a game in which different people take enjoyment from in different ways. Personally I did nt have time to take part in a large block wars. Every night incomings would have been dull as dishwater for me after a few nights.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:35   #123
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

We claimed and launched at just as many exil targets as 1up did during the first 800-1000 ticks, so what you mean lokken?(except the occotional saturday, our acivity wasnt that good on saturdays). We landed much and held more roids than any other ally in the block prior to us targetting wp...? seriously, i dunno what you mean... I can accept that Exil/Angels/ToT did better but i cant accept ppl running around thinking they know anything about NoS attacks. Hell, a few days ago ND HC told me he had evidence that NoS joint-attacked with eXilition. Shows how paranoid certain ppl are to blame others for their own failure.

Edit: We didnt attack with them.

* We do not exist *

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:38   #124
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
blah blah *snip* blah
I'm very suprised that you considered WP such a threat. It was fairly common knowledge (or so I thought) that a lot of their score was in Hydra, and we all know how loyal these types of battlegroups are to their alliances . Besides, WP led at a time when quantity was still more important than quality. It always adjusts itself before the end of the round.

It is indeed a political game at the top, and NoS have their own, very different version of playing it. Throughout, Vengeance have played to target whoever they consider either the biggest threat to stagnation, or to Vengeance itself. As a result, 1up et al were heavily targetted early on (to prevent them running away with the round), yet by the end of the round we had moved into a block with them with the aim of hitting EXilition and its allies.

As lokken perfectly summarised, NoS play with a negative strategy, preventing incomings from the majority of alliances, and then focussing on the rest. I personally feel that 1up and NewDawn made a mistake in remaining NAPed to NoS, since it hurt their own allies (HR/VGN/WP) later in the round. But it worked for them.

Ordering by average score shows pretty realistically the 'pound for pound' military power in Planetarion. Just ask yourself to rank the alliances from which you would least like to have received co-ordinated incomings, and it's pretty much in that order (although I would rank 1up and SiNND above at least NoS).

If I thought NoS could get to 3rd while fighting in a war, I would not cast any shadow on their rank this round. But I've seen no evidence that you could, so I can only gather that NoS have over-achieved this round due to the length of the war between EX block and 1up block.

As for your personal relations with other alliances, DrunkenViking, this will neither be the first or last time where you find yourself disliking particular people/alliances. I had very good relationships this round with some people (hi Gate), and worse ones with others, often in the same alliances. That, of course, will affect the people I want to work with next round - and I expect that you would be less interested in working with ND next round. As for discussions in joint alliance channels...AD isn't the only place where propaganda occurs. Try spotting it next time.

furball.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:42   #125
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Who're HR to complain about NoS not being respectful to their allies? Firstly i can say that it was stated very early in the round that certain allies in the sinnd/1up/tof didnt want to nap nos prior to the ticker even started, but yet they did. NoS claimed cleary that we were gonna target WP/HR, and at the point where 1up/sinnd/tof napped WP, WP was the alliance that still had a chance to win if exil was taken down.

So we finnished the job. And then ppl bitch here about NoS not having a hard time taking down HR, and i can say that HR was much easier than WP, however we targetted both at the same time(usually 2 nights on HR then 2 nights on WP etc), and both where ahead of us in the rankings with little other incs from the 2 blocks. As for who napped who first, a gentlemens agreement about not targetting eachother IS a NAP to whomever tried to downgrade the seriousity of the agreement 1up/sinnd had with WP prior to the official NAP.

About abandoning the block, 1up/sin/nd/tof/wp had 450'ish(well over 500 if include HR) members when we napped Exil, exil/tot/lch had 260(350 if you include angels). If anything that is seriously überblocking and it went weeks before exil actually got a better grip than what they had at this point. NoS where targetting wp/hr as stated prior to the round. 1up and co. actually claimed LOUD and clear in the joint HC chan that the agreement between 1up/sinnd/tof/nos where merely a NAP, if you seriously believed that, then why the h3ll did you try to dictate where we sent our attackfleets as long as we didnt attack friendlies? You suddenly allowed your members to defend against us ingal unless we hit exil-block and tried to get us to bend over and reattach ourself to your strings.

Tbh, if ND/1up where noticing to be loosing against exil-block then they should have dropped their agreement and stopped targetting exil. Would have forced exil-block to dissolve and start to target random alliances perhaps. If 1up/sinnd/tof wanted they could prolly have helped us take down WP/HR in less than a week, and then NoS would have achieved preset military goals and could have continued to target exil block.

1up/ND/ToF at no point showed respect to NoS before we napped exil either, so i wonder why they expect full dedication to their politics in return. Its been stated over and over that NoS has it easy, noone targets them etc, even before we napped exil. 1up/ND never gave NoS any credit for holding a good rank, still before we napped exil, they only moaned at how much incs they had and that we had none.

I grew sick of the ND bitching after a while and stopped talking in joint chans. We couldnt even report friendly fire to ND without their officers starting to bitch at our officers for not targetting exil. ND officers and HC even found it suitable to run around on AD and call us fencesitters and blame us for destroying the round for all by napping the entire universe, before the round was even over. Tbh, a NAP can be broken, but noone broke the naps with us. If you want to blame us for being napped to many allies, then why not get the finger out of your arse and terminate the nap you yourself had with us, thats a good place to start. Also, claiming we did no fighting this round is clueless, we picked targets alongside the rest of the 1up block and launched everything we had at exi/lch/tot the first 800-1000 ticks, before we found that we had to go after WP/HR before they became too big.

Going after exil-block was infact more profittable for us roidwise than going after WP/HR planets alone with the possibility of ingal defence from 1up/sinnd/tof/wp/hr/lch/exil/tot/angels, so to those claiming we did what we did for an easy ride to the top3, you have as much clue as a grasshopper. We had goals that was set during xmas(taking down wp/hr) and this was 100% understood and accepted by 1up/sinnd/tof before the ticker started.

You can say NoS won by playing politics, but isnt that what the game is all about? Ofc we played politics, politics to help us reach our goals. And at any time, anyone napped to us could have stabbed us in the back and pushed us down the rank, but noone ever did because they where afraid of us actually targetting them. So someone obviously considered us a reasonable force war-wise.

And to those countering this statement with "we didnt break naps with you because we're honorable and didnt want to loose public respect", LIES. Many ppl did their share to piss on NoS reputation during the round and noone would have blamed you if you decided to stab us in the back, infact several allies of ours would have applauded you. Many ppl has lost my respect, not that they will ever want my respect, and you prolly know who you are.

Isnt it ALLWAYS easier to blame someone else for your own sucky round than aknowledging that you played a crap round and leave it at that?

At the end i would like to include that this is my personal views and are in no way representing my alliances view.

WHINERS!
How clueless you seem to be.

1up should have just stopped hitting the enemy then and hope they go away? Dear god, no wonder you're so dull.

Personally, I thought NoS were bastards in not helping out but then, Ive always considered you lot to be bastards and never given you any amount of respect whatsoever. This just goes to show I was right in thinking that.

You can pat yourself on the back all you want, but at the end of the day, it's your reputation and not mine. I'd rather be known for fighting the enemy and helping out those in my block than on selling myself out.

There is one thing however you do deserve credit for - and that is the fact NoS was quite prompt on any arbiter infringements to my awareness. Well done. But it still doesn't amount for anything. You may have finished second, but I think 1up and ND are better alliances than you. We could have won the political game also NoS - but instead we chose to not stagnate the round into shit.

Anyway, I hope you get twatted next round (not that 1up will be any part of vendettas - its not our thing) just so I can quote some of your comments in this thread, especially considering you based your round seemingly on a vendetta vs WP.

Am I whining? Not really, I just felt you to be rather niave in your comments and decided to help broaden your experience.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:48   #126
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:

I do believe we targeted WP/HR quite heavily during mid round or so after we had them hitting us. so don't try and say NoS took down both WP + HR with their "military skill".
Quote:
Angels had 90 members?? We NEVER passed 70 members all round never mind get to 90, infact the highest was 68 iirc, so your maths skills are lacking im afraid.
Quote:
Tbh, if ND/1up where noticing to be loosing against exil-block then they should have dropped their agreement and stopped targetting exil. Would have forced exil-block to dissolve and start to target random alliances perhaps.
You seriously believe this would have happened??? Would have just caused eXi to win the round even earlier.

[quote]You can say NoS won by playing politics, but isnt that what the game is all about? Ofc we played politics, politics to help us reach our goals. And at any time, anyone napped to us could have stabbed us in the back and pushed us down the rank, but noone ever did because they where afraid of us actually targetting them. So someone obviously considered us a reasonable force war-wise.[quote] Its more likely that they didn't want to have to cope with extra incomings on top of the incomings they already had...

Quote:
Yes it is, but my allies rd wasnt as sucky as yours, so...
Ultores
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:49   #127
Haer
Aquafresh

Quote:

Ordering by average score shows pretty realistically the 'pound for pound' military power in Planetarion. Just ask yourself to rank the alliances from which you would least like to have received co-ordinated incomings, and it's pretty much in that order (although I would rank 1up and SiNND above at least NoS).

If I thought NoS could get to 3rd while fighting in a war, I would not cast any shadow on their rank this round. But I've seen no evidence that you could, so I can only gather that NoS have over-achieved this round due to the length of the war between EX block and 1up block.
The point is that NoS aimed to get the highest rank possible, by getting the highest score. If we had wanted to get the best average score/'military power', then we would have adopted a different strategy. If you play for good average score, then thats fine, but you have to accept that not everyone does, and that either goal is a perfectly acceptable one.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:55   #128
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
We claimed and launched at just as many exil targets as 1up did during the first 800-1000 ticks, so what you mean lokken?(except the occotional saturday, our acivity wasnt that good on saturdays). We landed much and held more roids than any other ally in the block prior to us targetting wp...? seriously, i dunno what you mean... I can accept that Exil/Angels/ToT did better but i cant accept ppl running around thinking they know anything about NoS attacks. Hell, a few days ago ND HC told me he had evidence that NoS joint-attacked with eXilition. Shows how paranoid certain ppl are to blame others for their own failure.

Edit: We didnt attack with them.
NoS make NAPs to avoid incomings as often as they can get away with it. One of your members has admitted you play a negative strategy so I don't see what you have to hide here when I'm more than ready to accept such a strategy; i'm not here to determine other alliances choices.

I'm not whining about NoS's strategy this round, I'm just highlighting their different style of play and the (what some might call cynical) choices they make. I am amused that people play purely to collect scores, it is not my style but one must make the best with what one's got so to speak.

Only those 4 alliances i named above can set someone up the bomb. The rest can't. This is fact.

One point i did like from DrunkenViking is that it was indeed up to 1up/SiNND etc to cancel the NAP to do something about it if they cared that much; evidently their HC didn't so no one must be too bothered and can't be complained about too much.

Last edited by lokken; 10 Jun 2005 at 19:25.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 19:17   #129
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
How clueless you seem to be.

1up should have just stopped hitting the enemy then and hope they go away? Dear god, no wonder you're so dull.
Hmmm, its possible that eXilition would have dissolved their block and fought on 1 on 1 if the 1up block dissolved and stopped joint-attacks. Yes. Is it a realistic option for someone with the attitude of 1up? ofc not.
Quote:
Personally, I thought NoS were bastards in not helping out but then, Ive always considered you lot to be bastards and never given you any amount of respect whatsoever. This just goes to show I was right in thinking that.
Yeh, maybe the lack of respect shown from certain ppl may have influenced how politics emerged?
Quote:
You can pat yourself on the back all you want, but at the end of the day, it's your reputation and not mine. I'd rather be known for fighting the enemy and helping out those in my block than on selling myself out.
Again, WHO'S ENEMY? We chose our enemy way before you decided to stop exilition. I'd rather have selfrespect for going after my goals than bending over for your paranoid hunt for someone that dont fit your profile of a worthy roundwinner.
Quote:
There is one thing however you do deserve credit for - and that is the fact NoS was quite prompt on any arbiter infringements to my awareness. Well done. But it still doesn't amount for anything. You may have finished second, but I think 1up and ND are better alliances than you. We could have won the political game also NoS - but instead we chose to not stagnate the round into shit.
The war between the blocks continued for weeks after we started targetting wp before it could be clear that exil would win. When we still targetted exil-block we had very good control on them, and if anything we were almost equal at strength. NoS for instance gained roids 5 days of the week and lost roids 2 of them. You chose not to stagnate the round my ass. That had nothing to do with it. We were the only alliance holding wp/hr back when the blockwars soaked up every other ship around. With maybe the exception of angels.
Quote:
Anyway, I hope you get twatted next round (not that 1up will be any part of vendettas - its not our thing) just so I can quote some of your comments in this thread, especially considering you based your round seemingly on a vendetta vs WP.
Nothing wrong with having goals, as long as you try to achieve them. And for quoting me about my reasoning for this round in regards to what happends next round, go ahead. Only tells me how much of a twat you really are.
Quote:
Am I whining? Not really, I just felt you to be rather niave in your comments and decided to help broaden your experience.
You are whining. Perhaps youre in denial, but you're whining. And, yes i'm naive and know nothing. But you're still whining.

* We do not exist *

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 19:33   #130
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
I do believe we targeted WP/HR quite heavily during mid round or so after we had them hitting us. so don't try and say NoS took down both WP + HR with their "military skill".
Little other incs from the two blocks is what i said(think you claimed not to be a part of the other blocks at this point and where one of the only alliances not involved in the blocks). I didnt say we took them down with them having no other incs, ofc others launched at them, they were on top.
Quote:
Angels had 90 members?? We NEVER passed 70 members all round never mind get to 90, infact the highest was 68 iirc, so your maths skills are lacking im afraid.
Blargh, the total estimates are correct even if i upgraded your numbers. Count the totals and you'll find they arent that far from the reality(even if i just slapped a number on you)

Quote:
You seriously believe this would have happened??? Would have just caused eXi to win the round even earlier.
Maybe, but massive stagnation? nah, dont think so.

Quote:
Its more likely that they didn't want to have to cope with extra incomings on top of the incomings they already had...
Jezzz, they said over and over that our military was shite.

What makes you think that NoS would have wanted the extra incs from them? it would be very probably that we wouldnt have targetted them much without the nap. Cause we were well aware of their dislike for us, and no need to temper them i mean.

* We do not exist *

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 19:46   #131
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Here we go....

Quote:
Naah. you just attached yourself to Exi's strings. I can't comment on that any further whether what you say is true or not. I was not an HC, I am not an HC, nor do I claim to be. Defending ingal? that's rich. Don't even bring that up. You lot did it as much as any of us did.

Quote:
aaah, so the old "stop beating on germany and hope that our beating on denmark wins the war" Yes. It would have forced them to dissolve. After the lot of us were < 200 roids.

By NAP'ing Exi/LCH/ToT, you publically showed you had absolutely no interest in targeting the Exi block. Even after WP and HR were getting beaten down a bit.

Quote:
Bull. You badger others about getting a clue, when you have none yourself. I don't know who you were talking to, but up until this round, I regarded you guys as a decent community with a sense of fun, not stellar ability, but then again, our skill aint stellar either. Who cares! I had fun in the defence channels {something about pineapples? } remotely with you lot... Is that a lack of respect? Defending the NoS in my gal before any of the others last round... That's a lack of respect? That statement above is just plain depressing.

Moaning about incs. Sounds familiar from last round. You, Us, 1up, we all did it. Get over yourself.

Quote:
Aah yes... was waiting for something to come around like this. Let's see.

Starting with: Calling you fence-sitters. Shame on us for most blatantly stating the obvious.
A nap can be broken... and we weren't interested in destroying decent relations over a number of rounds that NoS apparently had absolutely no regard for. I somehow don't think anyone else will be fooled. NoS will be full LCH muppets next round I think, or they will stand alone and croak.

Well, suppose I had that one comment coming... the strict ND bashing there. But, tbh, technically I guess, we can't blame NoS. They never ever had the vision of winning. Following that philosophy, they played just fine.. and are content with their third... But hey, now NoS's true colors are shown... All yours guys.

Quote:
It was an easy ride. No offense to HR and WP, but in comparison to groups such as LCH, ToT, 1up... NoS simply does not have the dedication, the playing ability, or the activity to hold up even 1v1 let alone 3v1 which is what some nights it turned out to be {on both sides. 1up block went after LCH one night, Exi block went after SiNND another. It's war. go figure }

Quote:
And at any time, anyone napped to us could have stabbed us in the back and pushed us down the rank, but noone ever did because they where afraid of us actually targetting them. So someone obviously considered us a reasonable force war-wise.
Not sure I agree with that tbh. Although I lub some nos players, I think they're quite fun guys to goof off with, I have never once regarded NoS as a stand-alone fighting force. I'm sorry guys, but you really have not shown otherwise. You've *always* been with someone. If any of 1up, lch, ToT, Exi wanted to backstab you guys and actually thrown decent incs at you guys? You would have folded in less than 2 weeks.

Quote:
You are 100% correct. Noone would have blamed anyone who backstabbed you. That'll be well known info for next round I imagine =/ The thing is, hitting NoS would have been a waste of effort. Exil, LCH, ToT are formidable opponents that needed attention or else they would have ran away with the round. It is of *some* popular opinion that NoS is not the hardest of all groups to break.

Quote:
Sorry, I maybe blind here, but could someone plz post where anyone said SiNND was flawless and played a perfect round? I think we both know that if NoS had gotten pummelled by an ally, they would be on AD bashing away in their usual self-righteousness. Funny how things work eh? =/

Quote:
Ditto

Quote:
WHINERS!
Counter-Whiners!
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 20:26   #132
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Jezzz, they said over and over that our military was shite.
I never said anywhere in my post that NoS military was "good", i just stated that the added incomings to the existing ones would have put them in a worse position. Afterall they'd have to waste fleets covering the fleets you sent plus the ones from others, meaning defence will run out quicker equaling less calls covered and more roids lost etc etc....
Ultores
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 20:27   #133
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Here we go....
Naah. you just attached yourself to Exi's strings. I can't comment on that any further whether what you say is true or not. I was not an HC, I am not an HC, nor do I claim to be. Defending ingal? that's rich. Don't even bring that up. You lot did it as much as any of us did.
Nah, we never took orders from exi, and they gave none. It was a NAP. We were on noone's strings, even if someone tried ordering us around.

Quote:
aaah, so the old "stop beating on germany and hope that our beating on denmark wins the war" Yes. It would have forced them to dissolve. After the lot of us were < 200 roids.
Your wild guessings, just as good as mine, but doesnt mean mine is invalid.

Quote:
By NAP'ing Exi/LCH/ToT, you publically showed you had absolutely no interest in targeting the Exi block. Even after WP and HR were getting beaten down a bit.
We napped them when WP was #1 by several tens of million score... At that point we had no interest in targetting exi... We was after WP.

Quote:
Bull. You badger others about getting a clue, when you have none yourself. I don't know who you were talking to, but up until this round, I regarded you guys as a decent community with a sense of fun, not stellar ability, but then again, our skill aint stellar either. Who cares! I had fun in the defence channels {something about pineapples? } remotely with you lot... Is that a lack of respect? Defending the NoS in my gal before any of the others last round... That's a lack of respect? That statement above is just plain depressing.
I had fun in defchannel aswell, up til the point where nads respond "go screw yourself fencesitters" when we asked for a recall of friendlyfire. 1up stated pre-round that they didnt respect us and that they didnt want us in the block. Neither them nor ND was able to accept/respect that we did better than both of you when we where still all attacking exi-block. And your HC singeling out a rather low-profile HC the week he is alone in charge of NoS to terminate the nap with exil and join the fight behind the other HC's back. Is that respectful?

Quote:
Moaning about incs. Sounds familiar from last round. You, Us, 1up, we all did it. Get over yourself.
We dont moan at other alliances for their lack of incs to downgrade their achievement. Your HC did that prior to us napping exil.

Quote:
Aah yes... was waiting for something to come around like this. Let's see.

Starting with: Calling you fence-sitters. Shame on us for most blatantly stating the obvious.
A nap can be broken... and we weren't interested in destroying decent relations over a number of rounds that NoS apparently had absolutely no regard for. I somehow don't think anyone else will be fooled. NoS will be full LCH muppets next round I think, or they will stand alone and croak.
Read up to see an example of in what context the fencesitting came up. And the maturity of moaning on AD about it before the ticker has stopped. You can see how this can change my opinion about ppl and alliances?

Quote:
Well, suppose I had that one comment coming... the strict ND bashing there. But, tbh, technically I guess, we can't blame NoS. They never ever had the vision of winning. Following that philosophy, they played just fine.. and are content with their third... But hey, now NoS's true colors are shown... All yours guys.
We never had expectations of winning, but we hoped. Tho we never had the vision of helping WP winning either, and that could have been a reality if we kept targetting exil side, even if none of you can see wp winning. We wouldnt have won if we kept targetting exil anyway, but that wasnt why we stopped.

Quote:
It was an easy ride. No offense to HR and WP, but in comparison to groups such as LCH, ToT, 1up... NoS simply does not have the dedication, the playing ability, or the activity to hold up even 1v1 let alone 3v1 which is what some nights it turned out to be {on both sides. 1up block went after LCH one night, Exi block went after SiNND another. It's war. go figure }
We played like that alongside you the first 800-1000 ticks and coped just as well as you and 1up.

Quote:
Not sure I agree with that tbh. Although I lub some nos players, I think they're quite fun guys to goof off with, I have never once regarded NoS as a stand-alone fighting force. I'm sorry guys, but you really have not shown otherwise. You've *always* been with someone. If any of 1up, lch, ToT, Exi wanted to backstab you guys and actually thrown decent incs at you guys? You would have folded in less than 2 weeks.
rofl, if thats so then why didnt they? they can moan, but not do anything about it and then blame us in the end?

Quote:
You are 100% correct. Noone would have blamed anyone who backstabbed you. That'll be well known info for next round I imagine =/ The thing is, hitting NoS would have been a waste of effort. Exil, LCH, ToT are formidable opponents that needed attention or else they would have ran away with the round. It is of *some* popular opinion that NoS is not the hardest of all groups to break.
That opinion goes for many, like i told my HC pre-round(even yours) "damn we got a great group now, noone will expect us to do well, but we know we can". Your judgement was made on previous rounds results, this round we where infact good in regards to activity and dedication.

Quote:
Sorry, I maybe blind here, but could someone plz post where anyone said SiNND was flawless and played a perfect round? I think we both know that if NoS had gotten pummelled by an ally, they would be on AD bashing away in their usual self-righteousness. Funny how things work eh? =/
Not really, NoS isnt that known to blame everyone else... We know when we pulled a shite round. I didnt say anyone in ND said they where flawless, but your HC are the biggest moaners.

Quote:
Ditto

Counter-Whiners!
ALLWAYS!

* We do not exist *

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 20:34   #134
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
We napped them when WP was #1 by several tens of million score... At that point we had no interest in targetting exi... We was after WP.
If you had helped the 1up block beat exil, the whole block woulda then targeted WP and WP woulda dropped quite easily as they can't handle a whole block hitting them.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 20:49   #135
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Apologies for cluelessness in this post, I'm taking a bit of a break from PA politics etc as I feel I've earned it, but:

Before SiN and ND merged, WP had already started losing rocks, around tick 748 infact, and it was over a week before the merger. At this point I heard from an eXilition member that NoS had an 'agreement' with eXilition, that attacks were being 'coordinated' (term used loosely) and that this could well propagate into a further agreement. This implied, to me atleast, that NoS' agreement with eXilition was before teh SiNND merger, opposed to what was claimed on this thread by NoS HC.

However, if it wasn't before the merger as claimed by NoS HC, then NoS were attacking an alliance that was going down anyway. I can personally vouch that ND incs had slackened slightly before the merger as LCHEAT targetting WP instead of ND/1up like they had been the entire round up to that point.

I'm pretty much in agreement with lokken: NoS' method of playing is different to how a large number of people play the game, and these two different viewpoints are not going to mix well. The majority of people on here will slam NoS because they don't play in a way which earns respect from those who believe respect should be earned through hard work; and those with NoS' viewpoint that rank, regardless of whether you worked hard to earn it, should deserve respect. So basically, this discussion isn't going to get very far...
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 21:38   #136
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Hmmm, its possible that eXilition would have dissolved their block and fought on 1 on 1 if the 1up block dissolved and stopped joint-attacks. Yes. Is it a realistic option for someone with the attitude of 1up? ofc not. .
No, it wasn't a possibility. I have no idea how you think laying down dead would solve anything. Such a move was attempted in r9 vs Eclipse and it took a long time for anything to happen within the block itself (and there were obvious tensions known about beforehand - no such thing with Exi/LCH like Ecl/WP). You cannot claim this is the attitude of a '1up'. Quite frankly, anyone who has experience in this game can tell you the same thing I am saying. Your idea is unfeasible.

Quote:
Yeh, maybe the lack of respect shown from certain ppl may have influenced how politics emerged?
Is this for real? I gave my own personal opinion of NoS, but I never took part in any 1up HC roles externally. Infact, the most I did this round was throw a few defence calls into the tool, scan a few things, defend and check coords for people. I never commented on NoS to the membership either in private or on the boards. So I highly and sincerely doubt that my comment just now affected NoS' decisions (unless Dingo has The Force and could detect what I was going to say by farseeing into the future).
Infact, Sid was the main HC who dealt with you (as it should be for 1up) and I've never known Sid not to talk polite or considerately.

Quote:
Again, WHO'S ENEMY? We chose our enemy way before you decided to stop exilition. I'd rather have selfrespect for going after my goals than bending over for your paranoid hunt for someone that dont fit your profile of a worthy roundwinner.
You know, the enemy that was hitting your block. The enemy that our block had to stop or face defeat. The enemy you chose to ignore and let gain victory. That enemy. The reason they werent your enemy is because you went and got a NAP with them. Good job. Perhaps if 1up had done that we could have had a great round bashing F-Crew or something. NoS knew quite well that the blocks would polarise against eachother, the fact remains you were in our block and then slept with the enemy.

Quote:
The war between the blocks continued for weeks after we started targetting wp before it could be clear that exil would win. When we still targetted exil-block we had very good control on them, and if anything we were almost equal at strength. NoS for instance gained roids 5 days of the week and lost roids 2 of them. You chose not to stagnate the round my ass. That had nothing to do with it. We were the only alliance holding wp/hr back when the blockwars soaked up every other ship around. With maybe the exception of angels.
How so very noble of you to hand Exi the round on a platter.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with having goals, as long as you try to achieve them. And for quoting me about my reasoning for this round in regards to what happends next round, go ahead. Only tells me how much of a twat you really are.
No, it only shows how I will use what you say against you. Claiming your vendetta vs WP makes up for any other of your political happenings will only mean that the claims for "no witch hunt" on NoS to make sure you dont pull this 'stunt' again will fall on deaf ears due to your own desire to witch hunt regardless of the big picture. Now, I'm not saying you will be hunted next round - I don't think you will be personally - my dislike for NoS stems from r4 and is quite well known with people who know me but I won't let that affect my contribution to my alliance.

Quote:
You are whining. Perhaps youre in denial, but you're whining. And, yes i'm naive and know nothing. But you're still whining.
Whining about what? I'm discussing with you. This is a discussion board. I have nothing to whine about really.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 21:39   #137
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Nah, we never took orders from exi, and they gave none. It was a NAP. We were on noone's strings, even if someone tried ordering us around.
You did what they wanted you to. whether they ordered you or not is totally irrelevant. =/

Quote:
Your wild guessings, just as good as mine, but doesnt mean mine is invalid.
wild guessings? Mate... are you trying to tell me that LCH/ToT/Exi would break their agreements just because we did? They'd make sure all competition was dead together first before breaking apart, if they did at all.

Quote:
What puzzles me a bit, is that one of you lot claimed you went with 1up block for the first 800-1000 ticks. Your basis of argument is that you were after wp/hr to begin with. 800-1000 ticks is over half the round. This is the proverbial "bullshovich" is it not?

Quote:
I had fun in defchannel aswell, up til the point where nads respond "go screw yourself fencesitters" when we asked for a recall of friendlyfire. 1up stated pre-round that they didnt respect us and that they didnt want us in the block. Neither them nor ND was able to accept/respect that we did better than both of you when we where still all attacking exi-block. And your HC singeling out a rather low-profile HC the week he is alone in charge of NoS to terminate the nap with exil and join the fight behind the other HC's back. Is that respectful?
K, plz note, this is a personal response here. If one of them did indeed say "go screw yourself"... that is unacceptable, and I will be the first to admit it.

However. We are not 1up. If you have a problem with 1up comments, take them up with them and don't try and post them as a counter-argument against ND. Tnx

Sorry... When was it a competition? Weren't the lot of us during that time supposed to be attacking the other block and gaining roids off them? When did you lot turn it into:

"NoS 1, ND 0!!" Grow up already Viking. I never once saw "hahhahah! we outrided NoS today!" in the channels. I'm not sure what you take us for here... =/ If I were to ask other ND types right now if they cared that NoS outroided us X amount of times, the answer would be a resounding no. We didn't care if 1up outroided ND, we didn't care if SiN prior to the merger outroided ND, Most of us simply did not care. So let's move beyond the school yard for a minute eh viking?

Quote:
We dont moan at other alliances for their lack of incs to downgrade their achievement. Your HC did that prior to us napping exil.
Considering for NoS and others, the number of incs gotten usually does correspond to an affected performance... The comment still stands. You guys *would* *not* have held up against any degree of concentrated, higher-powered incs. You have the reputation and performance of only performing with others... and that reputation stands again with your NAPing a great many people.

Achievement... Mmm... We could debate on this for hours. How about we save that for irc sometime eh?

Quote:
Read up to see an example of in what context the fencesitting came up. And the maturity of moaning on AD about it before the ticker has stopped. You can see how this can change my opinion about ppl and alliances?
Idd... And you know what, I'm inclined to agree to a point, regardless of the fact that I'm guilty of it as anyone else is. That's fine But, maybe you should be flattered that people had expectations of you to be able to make a difference, as opposed to not; which was the real result. Looks to me like all you did was take down two non-hardcore alliances (with help... and the fact that Hydra left, and HR as you put it in your own words: "were easier than WP"). Some achievement eh? BUT as the case is, you did get third, which although the reasons are questionable, looks like the wp/hr roids were worth a fair amount.

Quote:
We never had expectations of winning, but we hoped. Tho we never had the vision of helping WP winning either, and that could have been a reality if we kept targetting exil side, even if none of you can see wp winning. We wouldnt have won if we kept targetting exil anyway, but that wasnt why we stopped.
Did you really think causing Exilition *less* pain was going to get you into first? Pretty short-sighted hope tbh =/ but hey, each group has their own way of doing things it seems.

Quote:
We played like that alongside you the first 800-1000 ticks and coped just as well as you and 1up.
Debateable. At the risk of the usual moaner label, I really doubt you guys had anywhere near the incs of 1up.

Quote:
rofl, if thats so then why didnt they? they can moan, but not do anything about it and then blame us in the end?
No easy way to tell you this, but, despite what you may think of yourselves, NoS are not main contenders... You said it yourself: "We never had expectations of winning". I'm curious to what an Exilition or LCH officer would say about the prospects of backstabbing NoS during the round. My guess is that they would say something along the lines of not being worth the time and effort when there were actual threats around. It's a guess however, nothing more.

Quote:
That opinion goes for many, like i told my HC pre-round(even yours) "damn we got a great group now, noone will expect us to do well, but we know we can". Your judgement was made on previous rounds results, this round we where infact good in regards to activity and dedication.
You did well... Yep. The scores do show it. And I've already read dingo's "doesn't matter how we do it etc" speech, and tbh, he can believe what he really wants to. And ofc it was, and tbh, despite what you say about "dedication/activity" you still would not have held up. If the best you could manage was third by not having any major incs or enemies... with an average score barely greater than 1up, much less than ToT, less than LCH... You *cannot* deny that sheer dedication and activity were not the main factors that got you to where you are now. But, then again... getting third is all that matters right?

Quote:
Not really, NoS isnt that known to blame everyone else... We know when we pulled a shite round. I didnt say anyone in ND said they where flawless, but your HC are the biggest moaners.
Well then you better keep a better track on what your members say on irc. If my HC moan, so be it. I prefer intelligent conversation to moaning {no comments from the peanut gallery!!! }

Quote:
ALLWAYS!
To quote Bash.org: /me COUNTER-RETORTS
(waiting on the questioning of gender preference )

PS: Viking, despite the fact I appear to be attempting to bash you to the ground... I do still lub you
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 21:54   #138
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
NADS is the ND defense bot I believe. I cannot comment on a "go screw yourself fencesitters" comment from it. I'm pretty sure 1up did its best in resolving any friendly fire issues with NoS (as you did with us - I already stated above that NoS were not a major problem on that front to my knowledge). I'd like to see this comment btw from 1up. That would have to be Sid/mazzelaar as they dealt with politics pre-round and at the very start. Remember, my comment doesnt count - Ive disliked NoS since r4 but that doesnt mean Ive never worked with them since.

And please, NoS performing better in attacking Exilition? Is this why Exi members have admitted 1up planets were some of the most hostile this round? I won't comment further as I never joined the joint channels but from your comments so far, Im inclined to take what you say with a pinch of salt.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 22:08   #139
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thank God for that. Not that I'd want to join anyway.

Yes NoS finished 3rd. But your 3rd is an illusion, masking the real winners of Round 13.

Code:
Rank	Score	Size	Av.Size	Name		Members	Av. Size	Av. Score	Size	Score	 
1	1 	1 	1 	EXilition	62	2,443		8,402,232	151,483	520,938,402
2	2 	2 	2 	Angels		58	2,290		8,104,359	132,791	470,052,820
3	12 	15 	3 	ToT		40	1,269		6,171,154	50,777	246,846,155
4	4 	3 	4 	LCH		72	1,216		4,760,027	87,539	342,721,943
5	3 	4 	8 	NoS		91	947		4,426,998	86,211	402,856,820
6	7 	7 	9 	1up		74	858		4,181,989	63,462	309,467,187
7	5 	5 	11 	SiNND		92	752		3,659,770	69,195	336,698,848
8	6 	6 	10 	Wolfpack	90	760		3,539,033	68,362	318,513,014
9	10 	11 	16 	Veneratio	79	654		3,385,782	51,662	267,476,810
10	9 	9 	17 	Howling Rain	81	646		3,385,408	52,351	274,218,068
11	11 	10 	13 	[VsN]		74	706		3,338,092	52,208	247,018,828
12	8 	8 	18 	Tides of Fire	98	641		3,142,556	62,800	307,970,531
13	16 	16 	12 	ROCK		55	718		2,923,869	39,480	160,812,804
14	13 	12 	14 	Vengeance	75	685		2,878,747	51,343	215,906,018
Those are the real rankings that everyone should be looking at, not at the in-game rankings which are skewed by member count.

EXilition won the round, with Angels second. No-one disputes that. But in reality (where I like to play the game), ToT and LCH both had consistently better members than NoS, as shown by both their higher average score and roid counts.

EXilition, ToT and LCH all did that under heavy fire from the 1up block for most of the round. In contrast, most alliances were either NAPed to NoS or too busy with the actual war to send any decent attacks on yourselves. As soon as Howling Rain and Vengeance started aiming more for you and less for the EX block, you had a lot more nights of net roid loss than before. Before that time, you had a pretty cushy ride.

Sure, take pride in finshing third. It is indeed more than Vengeance did. But NoS took little direct part in the wars of the game, forced to wave smaller alliances just for some measly roids that were fairly easily gained. The same doesn't apply to Vengeance.

As for your comment on improving my own alliance - don't worry, I will be. And I'll see you next round.

furball, Vengeance HC.
You clearly missed who the winners were if that was how it was..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmans
26 26 61 1 6 Hydra 1 1,051 17,041,757 1,051 17,041,757 0.62

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 23:05   #140
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
1up kept their word and maintained a NAP with you, even when you were not helping us and were arguably doing more harm than good to our cause, and that's the thanks we get?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 23:38   #141
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
NADS is the ND defense bot I believe. I cannot comment on a "go screw yourself fencesitters" comment from it. I'm pretty sure 1up did its best in resolving any friendly fire issues with NoS (as you did with us - I already stated above that NoS were not a major problem on that front to my knowledge). I'd like to see this comment btw from 1up. That would have to be Sid/mazzelaar as they dealt with politics pre-round and at the very start. Remember, my comment doesnt count - Ive disliked NoS since r4 but that doesnt mean Ive never worked with them since.
For the comment about nos not being wanted in the block you can ask someone that was around most of the time and logged it, tho the statement was somewhere along the lines of "i never wanted nos in this block anyway tbh".

1up never gave any trouble in regards to friendly fire, neither did the rest except tof(but they tried). The friendlyfire issue was a comment through nads/pm4def between nd/nos, nothing to do with 1up.

* We do not exist *

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 23:48   #142
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
You clearly missed who the winners were if that was how it was..

Indeed I noticed that and had a little chuckle to myself, and then narrowed the search to alliances with >25 members to get rid of the tiny alliances with 1/2 big members in.
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 00:01   #143
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Is this for real? I gave my own personal opinion of NoS, but I never took part in any 1up HC roles externally. Infact, the most I did this round was throw a few defence calls into the tool, scan a few things, defend and check coords for people. I never commented on NoS to the membership either in private or on the boards. So I highly and sincerely doubt that my comment just now affected NoS' decisions (unless Dingo has The Force and could detect what I was going to say by farseeing into the future).
Infact, Sid was the main HC who dealt with you (as it should be for 1up) and I've never known Sid not to talk polite or considerately.
I said certain ppl, not you. if you where in the joint chan you'd know that there was bitching from here and there on several occotions, from many sides. Before and after politics changed. I'm sure Bashar or someone can verify that for you if you want.

Quote:
You know, the enemy that was hitting your block. The enemy that our block had to stop or face defeat. The enemy you chose to ignore and let gain victory. That enemy. The reason they werent your enemy is because you went and got a NAP with them. Good job. Perhaps if 1up had done that we could have had a great round bashing F-Crew or something. NoS knew quite well that the blocks would polarise against eachother, the fact remains you were in our block and then slept with the enemy.
You may put it however you want, WP was our enemy since xmas.

Quote:
How so very noble of you to hand Exi the round on a platter.
It was still theirs to take. You know well that we didnt do what we did in order to give the round to anyone, we did what we did because it was in line with our objectives. It would have taken less than a week to bring down wp/hr if the whole block joined in, less if we continued after the couple of days where we hit them together. Exi winning was allways something the rest of the block could have done something about, but its not like anyone respected nos opinions. Diplomacy is a 24/7 thingy innit? think someone failed along the way.

Quote:
No, it only shows how I will use what you say against you. Claiming your vendetta vs WP makes up for any other of your political happenings will only mean that the claims for "no witch hunt" on NoS to make sure you dont pull this 'stunt' again will fall on deaf ears due to your own desire to witch hunt regardless of the big picture. Now, I'm not saying you will be hunted next round - I don't think you will be personally - my dislike for NoS stems from r4 and is quite well known with people who know me but I won't let that affect my contribution to my alliance.
The big picture...who's big picture? Exilition/ToT/LCH were simply better than all of us, including you guys, 1up side had a great advantage in numbers all along, and exi outplayed everyone, they deserved the win, regardless of if we chipped in making it 650 vs 250-300 planets.

Quote:
Whining about what? I'm discussing with you. This is a discussion board. I have nothing to whine about really.
You claimed not to be whining earlier where you didnt disregard any of my points but only whined about how nos played its politics. Whining emerges best in discussions. Besides, i'm only a stupid n00b pe0n, so why would you bother discussing with me?

* We do not exist *

Unread 11 Jun 2005, 00:05   #144
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

imho i think the bigger picture on why nos had to nap so many alliances was because the defence department of the alliance is utter bollocks. I do believe that they couldnt handle incommings from half an alliance without taking more losses than gaining let alone 1 alliance. If the hc of nos had realised this then kudos to them for napping the universe. If you try to tell people otherwise that your military power was average for your alliance size, then i dont know whether to cry or whether to laugh.
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 00:44   #145
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
You did what they wanted you to. whether they ordered you or not is totally irrelevant. =/
Hehe, it was a mutual agreement with benefits for both, means we made our desicions as an alliance, and not like puppets.

Quote:
wild guessings? Mate... are you trying to tell me that LCH/ToT/Exi would break their agreements just because we did? They'd make sure all competition was dead together first before breaking apart, if they did at all.
Perhaps you and zhil are right on this one, wasnt of the important points in my original post anyway.

Quote:
What puzzles me a bit, is that one of you lot claimed you went with 1up block for the first 800-1000 ticks. Your basis of argument is that you were after wp/hr to begin with. 800-1000 ticks is over half the round. This is the proverbial "bullshovich" is it not?
We where, the block even targetted wp/hr at some point for a short while, but the ex/lch/tot wars dragged out and we went back to our goal. It was 650 according to what i can see now, should have checked closer earlier.

Quote:
However. We are not 1up. If you have a problem with 1up comments, take them up with them and don't try and post them as a counter-argument against ND. Tnx
Seems its a counter 1up/nd/hr post :P i dont even think i'm allowed by my HC to post crap on AD anymore. If my counterarguments falls a bit together, then i'm sorry, but i'm tired and sick of AD

Quote:
Sorry... When was it a competition? Weren't the lot of us during that time supposed to be attacking the other block and gaining roids off them? When did you lot turn it into:
"NoS 1, ND 0!!" Grow up already Viking. I never once saw "hahhahah! we outrided NoS today!" in the channels. I'm not sure what you take us for here... =/ If I were to ask other ND types right now if they cared that NoS outroided us X amount of times, the answer would be a resounding no. We didn't care if 1up outroided ND, we didn't care if SiN prior to the merger outroided ND, Most of us simply did not care. So let's move beyond the school yard for a minute eh viking?
Think you misunderstood me. Every day NoS had a good day roidwise all we could hear was "we get 150 incoming every night, you get like 10". I'm in no way looking for praise, but getting every effort you do downgraded is quite discouraging. Nomatter if youre in a schoolyard or not. I dont think it shows much respect at least.

Quote:
Considering for NoS and others, the number of incs gotten usually does correspond to an affected performance... The comment still stands. You guys *would* *not* have held up against any degree of concentrated, higher-powered incs. You have the reputation and performance of only performing with others... and that reputation stands again with your NAPing a great many people.
Yer, NoS is known for playing politics, ND is known for tagging along 1up, 1up is known for pulling strings. We all have our strengths and using them is smart.

Quote:
Achievement... Mmm... We could debate on this for hours. How about we save that for irc sometime eh?
Why not, SQUIDSOUP \o/

Quote:
Idd... And you know what, I'm inclined to agree to a point, regardless of the fact that I'm guilty of it as anyone else is. That's fine But, maybe you should be flattered that people had expectations of you to be able to make a difference, as opposed to not; which was the real result. Looks to me like all you did was take down two non-hardcore alliances (with help... and the fact that Hydra left, and HR as you put it in your own words: "were easier than WP"). Some achievement eh? BUT as the case is, you did get third, which although the reasons are questionable, looks like the wp/hr roids were worth a fair amount.
We achieved our goals, does it have to be major achievements in yours or anyone elses eyes? i dont think so.

Quote:
Did you really think causing Exilition *less* pain was going to get you into first? Pretty short-sighted hope tbh =/ but hey, each group has their own way of doing things it seems.
No, we figured landing roids would gain us XP and score. I wouldnt have minded joining back in after wp/hr was deadish, but i have no influence whatsoever in politics. Besides, i dont imagine any nosser felt much welcome in the joint chans after we decided to go after wp. Didnt feel any more welcome back after the entire block allowed their members to defend against us ingal whan we targetted wp, even tho NoS the entire round was under the assumption that we wherent gonna defend against eachother. So the NoS policy was up till that point was only to defend allied planets unless you had checked the other attackers in arbiter. We even told members that where defending against allied attacks to recall. I know i felt that knife in my back.

Quote:
Debateable. At the risk of the usual moaner label, I really doubt you guys had anywhere near the incs of 1up.
You may be right, i where never in any 1up MO room, nor where i in any ND MO room. You may both have had more incs. But trying to kick us in the face when we're doing good is in no way a nice way to be treated by ones allies, thats my opinion.

Quote:
No easy way to tell you this, but, despite what you may think of yourselves, NoS are not main contenders... You said it yourself: "We never had expectations of winning". I'm curious to what an Exilition or LCH officer would say about the prospects of backstabbing NoS during the round. My guess is that they would say something along the lines of not being worth the time and effort when there were actual threats around. It's a guess however, nothing more.
Who cares? NoS has actually underachieved since r10, and since r6 before that. Prior to this round i heard HC's of top10 alliances saying NoS were dead and disbanded. We knew noone was gonna be expecting anything from us. You're allowed to guess my guess would be different ofc.

Quote:
You did well... Yep. The scores do show it. And I've already read dingo's "doesn't matter how we do it etc" speech, and tbh, he can believe what he really wants to. And ofc it was, and tbh, despite what you say about "dedication/activity" you still would not have held up. If the best you could manage was third by not having any major incs or enemies... with an average score barely greater than 1up, much less than ToT, less than LCH... You *cannot* deny that sheer dedication and activity were not the main factors that got you to where you are now. But, then again... getting third is all that matters right?
Think i said several times that getting third wasnt a goal itself. Not at first anyway. It wasnt what we played for. And tbh, you know nothing about NoS "dedication/activity". Our lack of incoming where well compensated by ingal def from exil/tot/lch/angels/1up/sin/nd/tof/ven/vgn/vsn etc. 1up/sinnd/tof crippeled us somewhat by allowing members to defend against us and is one of several reasons for avg score being low. Another thing would be having 20 late-starters. You may have had more incs, but you should have had the opporturnity of landing more attacks. This round was about attack, not defence. It was about gaining roids, not keeping them.

Quote:
Well then you better keep a better track on what your members say on irc. If my HC moan, so be it. I prefer intelligent conversation to moaning {no comments from the peanut gallery!!! }
If you prefer intelligent convo's i have no idea why you're talking to me.... :|

Quote:
PS: Viking, despite the fact I appear to be attempting to bash you to the ground... I do still lub you
I know you do squidleh, ppl rarely hate me :\

* We do not exist *

Unread 11 Jun 2005, 00:51   #146
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Bah, i'll stop advocating nos now im too fanatic anyway, and wouldnt agree with any of you, nor would you agree with me.

NoS napped, noone broke naps, nos finnished #3. Good job NoS

* We do not exist *

Unread 11 Jun 2005, 00:58   #147
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
imho i think the bigger picture on why nos had to nap so many alliances was because the defence department of the alliance is utter bollocks. I do believe that they couldnt handle incommings from half an alliance without taking more losses than gaining let alone 1 alliance. If the hc of nos had realised this then kudos to them for napping the universe. If you try to tell people otherwise that your military power was average for your alliance size, then i dont know whether to cry or whether to laugh.
Alki - you indeed speak the truth.

After NoS started hitting Howling Rain and Vengeance more regularly towards the end of the round, we (VGN/HR) started hitting with the block less and aimed for NoS a little more. A few fleets started heading towards NoS from around the middle of May (my dates may be slightly out), until the block targets were essentially abandoned and some more firepower was aimed towards NoS.

At that time, Vengeance split its firepower between two of the most hostile alliances towards it, one of which was NoS. To the best of my knowledge, Howling Rain was hitting NoS at times as well, but nothing special from either of us.

Take a look at the last couple of weeks, compared to the early round. Big difference, isn't there? Now someone explain to me how a lacklustre Vengeance and a weary Howling Rain left NoS with more red nights than green. Given the lack of sophistication in our (VGN) attacks at that stage, I'm unsure how NoS managed to consistently lose roids other than through its defence department being staffed by monkeys sitting at typewriters.

Most alliances were NAPed to NoS. Out of those that weren't, most were too busy with their own wars to aim for NoS. I don't think that Angels NAPed NoS, but I expect that they were too busy hitting planets their own size.

So, a few incomings from Vengeance and Howling Rain caused consistent losses for NoS? Oh dear. Good luck propping up the table next round.
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 01:13   #148
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
So, a few incomings from Vengeance and Howling Rain caused consistent losses for NoS? Oh dear. Good luck propping up the table next round.
Nah, we had incs from hr/ven/vsn/vgn/hirr and some other smaller ones. + Angels last couple of days and at one point mid may after we tried surprising them with incs . And ofc NoS has a very special tradition of becoming somewhat inactive the last weeks of the round

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewalliance&name=NoS look at the bottom and you'll see roid-growth/-loss the last 12 days. If it wasnt for the incs the last 2 days we'd prolly have ended 100k + roids.

* We do not exist *

Unread 11 Jun 2005, 01:19   #149
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Bah, i'll stop advocating nos now im too fanatic anyway, and wouldnt agree with any of you, nor would you agree with me.

NoS napped, noone broke naps, nos finnished #3. Good job NoS
WHY MAKE PROMISES YOU CAN'T KEEP?
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 01:20   #150
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
VGN and HR eh? The last week (maybe 1,5 week) of round I put up attack on Veneratio the first day, VsN the second, VGN the third and then all 3 of you the fourth night. On the fifth night we got some 3v (vsn, veneration, vgn) incs. Wether it was co-ordinated or not I don't know. Some nights after we hit HR. The days after that we had lots of HR/VGN/VsN/Ven (hirr too I think) incs. Thought they were co-ordinated (seems only HR+VGN did), but VsN and Ven hit us just as much (might have been random for what I know). So it wasn't only HR/VGN who made us red Not that it matters anyway, attacking is what this game lives for