User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 1 Jun 2010, 19:11   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Shipclass shown an alliance defence page.

Pretty simple really. The alliance ingame def page lacks an option to show what class of ship the inc is. Ie Fi/Co/Frg etc. This can be frustrating cos it means anyone who is not on irc has to manually look through scans and work out what it was. Not the best, especially for smaller allies who more often than not just use defpage and not irc. I suggest a drop down box so that dc/scanner or home planet (or anyone) can adjust it so it shows what type of inc it is. Surely wouldnt be difficult to implement given the amount of info already adjustable on that page.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2010, 19:13   #2
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Shipclass shown an alliance defence page.

agreed, cba to write that in the comment box all the time and open comment boxes to check what inc who has..
Unread 1 Jun 2010, 19:21   #3
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Obviously the top players use calcs etc and that but when a player has say an anti DE fleet free and he clicks on his def page and there is 50 incs ( lo apprime) he can instantly see what is needed where rather than opening every motherfreakin calc
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2010, 22:52   #4
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

use the comment box for that shit, not really difficult, though it would be a nice "user friendly" feature to have.
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 01:36   #5
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
Obviously the top players use calcs etc and that but when a player has say an anti DE fleet free and he clicks on his def page and there is 50 incs ( lo apprime) he can instantly see what is needed where rather than opening every motherfreakin calc
dude, its single targeting, hardly difficult to find a place to put your ships.
only 2 races has DE for instance, just dont put banshee up against pegs and you will do fine. I dont think we need this, anything beyond the bcalc can be put in comment field.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 09:18   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think there's room in the interface.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 09:19   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
Pretty simple really. The alliance ingame def page lacks an option to show what class of ship the inc is. Ie Fi/Co/Frg etc. This can be frustrating cos it means anyone who is not on irc has to manually look through scans and work out what it was. Not the best, especially for smaller allies who more often than not just use defpage and not irc. I suggest a drop down box so that dc/scanner or home planet (or anyone) can adjust it so it shows what type of inc it is. Surely wouldnt be difficult to implement given the amount of info already adjustable on that page.
Mmm, does def page these days show what type of incs you have? Back when I played, it just showed 10000 red incs and you needed to unitscan his fleet to figure out what he could have sent (and do a JGP if you wanted to be certain as you could fake a certain type of fleet).

Or do you mean that you still need to scan but that the DC or planet or whatever can indicate what def is needed without pple having to log on IRC?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 10:55   #8
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Mmm, does def page these days show what type of incs you have? Back when I played, it just showed 10000 red incs and you needed to unitscan his fleet to figure out what he could have sent (and do a JGP if you wanted to be certain as you could fake a certain type of fleet).

Or do you mean that you still need to scan but that the DC or planet or whatever can indicate what def is needed without pple having to log on IRC?
There's ingame reporting, ingame tools, ingame ally def page, ...
You should sign up & check it out

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 10:56   #9
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
There's ingame reporting, ingame tools, ingame ally def page, ...
You should sign up & check it out
No thankyou, not gonna get myself dragged into playing this game again m8.

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Jun 2010, 11:38   #10
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

not willing to sign up to the game, but willing to post on the suggestions forum (and all forums for that matter) for a game that has changed since you last played so you cannot offer informed suggestions to any feature discussions?

obviously some reason has brought you back to the forums, care to tell us what that is? :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 12:14   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
not willing to sign up to the game, but willing to post on the suggestions forum (and all forums for that matter) for a game that has changed since you last played so you cannot offer informed suggestions to any feature discussions?

obviously some reason has brought you back to the forums, care to tell us what that is? :P
Yeah, which I explained in the first post I made a few weeks ago
LEFF drew my attention to this forum and I needed the content of a thread made pre r7. Which sadly enough wasn't possible as Fudge screwed up.

After that it were mostly nostalgic reasons that kept me posting and the sheer fun to see AD hasn't changed one bit and some posters haven't either

Or are you gonna tell em I'm not allowed to post anymore since I quit playing 4 years ago?

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Jun 2010, 12:24   #12
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can play alot more casual than back in your days... ;-)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 12:44   #13
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
You can play alot more casual than back in your days... ;-)
I'm sure I can. But for instance, I cannot access it from work (gaming sites are blocked) rendering me pretty useless for the alliance I'm in. I also don't want to get up during the night ...

That and I'm really a crappy player and no alliance will take me in nway, they don't want to screw their rep aye.

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Jun 2010, 14:21   #14
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

What the smurf is "Ex Gaming Community Senate" ?
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 14:28   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
What the smurf is "Ex Gaming Community Senate" ?
Not really rocketscience now is it ...

FAnG gaming community (as in community of people playing games together) ---> no longer exists (hence ex) ---> senate (co-founder and running it with several others). We originated in PA but played alot of other games together, up to a year or 3 ago.

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Jun 2010, 17:20   #16
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i like the original suggestion

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote