User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 15 Apr 2009, 09:02   #101
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: R31 rumour thread

Just because DLR had a setup that worked, doesn't mean it will for others. They have alot of factors in their favour, such as the amount of non europeans they have in the ranks in comparison to european players.

They also have a team of people who have worked together on numerous occasions....many of the BGs this coming round wont have that prior experience. What i guess im trying to say is that once the people realise that defence wont be as easy to come by as if they were in a full tag, then they may not be as inclined to stay.

It certaintly will be an interesting round, and the multiple BGs will add a new dimension to the game. It certaintly has been a long time coming this style of alliance leadership and running....so we will see just how it is to play out.

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 10:24   #102
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Rumour has it Mek will cut his hair if Jonas doesnt suicide(which basically means winning the round) so you all need to move your fleets away when im coming, cause I might not be recallin :/

We all wanna see Mek hairless right?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 10:43   #103
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Can I just point out that the reason I was kicked from DLR was because my score drifted below the alliance avg. Also the fact I was away for the last week of the round with no internet access probably did not help. But heh. People who dont know, wont ever know, so who cares what the idiots think!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 11:06   #104
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

it didn't drift below it cba, it was nuked below it :-)

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 11:28   #105
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Cant comment for other groups then WAFHH, but most of us have been playing togetter before, a few as early as r4 and r6.

Edit: The love for Foxman and Wishmaster will keep us togetter and strong <3 <3 <3
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 12:32   #106
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
it didn't drift below it cba, it was nuked below it :-)
Hehe, well that can perhaps we assumed, however I still had a semi respectable score after the nuke landed! With alot of room for XP gain, but I simply wanted to holiday without the thought of finding an inet cafe to login and attempt to play pa. A crash is the worst thing someone can do in terms of personal military usage. Therefore I will not try and justify my crash, just that I was of no help being in DLR tag when I was actually kicked considering the fact I could not get online haha Also I seem to remember when I got back from my holidays on the saturday (just before round ended it seemed!), I rejoined DLR.priv and never recalled anyone asking me to leave or kicking me from channel! (I currently trying to avoid IRC activity due to coursework + exams coming up!!)

I hope DLR come out fighting for R31 with alot more firepower, alot more activity and a re-freashed Grog to own at the constant DC'in

I predict DLR will have another exceptional round.

Unread 15 Apr 2009, 13:18   #107
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Can I just point out that the reason I was kicked from DLR was because my score drifted below the alliance avg. Also the fact I was away for the last week of the round with no internet access probably did not help. But heh. People who dont know, wont ever know, so who cares what the idiots think!
What does this have to do with anything? you either identify yourself as a member of DLR and add yourself to the member count or don't do either...
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 13:31   #108
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
All this BG behaviour shows is that either people aren't running alliances well, or the people involved aren't really capable of running one.
D) All of the above.

I think alot of it is to do with having control over what calibre of player is allowed into your alliance/BG/call it what you will. You have alot of players out there who frankly dont have the slightest idea how to play the game (the other type of SK,) who are rather vociferous when def is needed or not available and almost ninja like when its their turn to share the love, that alot of our more talented players wanna /wrists in your run of the mill ally. The sudden increase in "BG's" just shows the lack of depth in overall player quality once you get past the 200 mark.

Youve also got the community aspect of it, where people simply want to play with others who have the same goals/ideals/standards as they. Interestingly, i think these BG's are unknowingly commenenting on alliance tag limits and what many players believe it should be. I think its something PAcrew may find worth taking note of.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 13:41   #109
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
D) All of the above.

I think alot of it is to do with having control over what calibre of player is allowed into your alliance/BG/call it what you will. You have alot of players out there who frankly dont have the slightest idea how to play the game (the other type of SK,) who are rather vociferous when def is needed or not available and almost ninja like when its their turn to share the love, that alot of our more talented players wanna /wrists in your run of the mill ally. The sudden increase in "BG's" just shows the lack of depth in overall player quality once you get past the 200 mark.

Youve also got the community aspect of it, where people simply want to play with others who have the same goals/ideals/standards as they. Interestingly, i think these BG's are unknowingly commenenting on alliance tag limits and what many players believe it should be. I think its something PAcrew may find worth taking note of.
Just because you define a playstyle as selfish should not and does not mean that there playstyle means they are bad at pa.

Unread 15 Apr 2009, 13:44   #110
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Just because you define a playstyle as selfish should not and does not mean that there playstyle means they are bad at pa.
I disagree.

What has made Asc the best ally for the past 3 rounds? Their selfishness, or lack thereof?
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 13:48   #111
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
D) All of the above.

Rank isn't always a marker for the quality/contribution of a player. You will find lower ranked players sometimes add more to an alliance as they aren't out for personal gains and contribute more(other than score) to the alliance.

Point in case, the last round i played i ended up with quite a decent rank even though i was pretty inactive, meaning that i wasn't always around at crucial defense times. I contributed a decent score to the tag but lesser ranked team mates contributed much much more.

So, putting together a team of players who have amassed decent planet ranks in the past won't necessarily mean put together they will prosper. You need a good blend.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 13:59   #112
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRO View Post
Rank isn't always a marker for the quality/contribution of a player. You will find lower ranked players sometimes add more to an alliance as they aren't out for personal gains and contribute more(other than score) to the alliance.

Point in case, the last round i played i ended up with quite a decent rank even though i was pretty inactive, meaning that i wasn't always around at crucial defense times. I contributed a decent score to the tag but lesser ranked team mates contributed much much more.

So, putting together a team of players who have amassed decent planet ranks in the past won't necessarily mean put together they will prosper. You need a good blend.
I think you have totally missed the point, or didnt read my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleMuffin View Post
You have alot of players out there who frankly dont have the slightest idea how to play the game (the other type of SK,) who are rather vociferous when def is needed or not available and almost ninja like when its their turn to share the love, that alot of our more talented players wanna /wrists in your run of the mill ally.
I feel its rather obvious, that i was trying to convey the point that players who play for themselves, do not make good alliance mates.

Quote:
Point in case, the last round i played i ended up with quite a decent rank even though i was pretty inactive, meaning that i wasn't always around at crucial defense times.
Making one of you the aforementioned playertype.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 14:06   #113
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
The sudden increase in "BG's" just shows the lack of depth in overall player quality once you get past the 200 mark.
I was referring to that statement.

Unless of course you weren't referring to "the 200 mark" in rank terms in which case i hang my head in shame and concede the point.

I wasn't selfish, i received no ally defense after the first week or so as it was obvious to me i wasn't going to be around a great deal so requested to be put on no def status and sent defense fleets when needed and i was online. Like i said i just didn't contribute much other than score.

Last edited by ATRO; 15 Apr 2009 at 14:13.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 15:29   #114
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:

I completely agree, futhermore those leading the ranks should also be leading the way when it comes to picking the hardest targets, send good value def etc. It will inspire the lower ranked members to do the same and motivation in this part of the alliance is very important because those are the most likely crashers.

Time and time again I've seen dc's recieving def points or equivelent there of and as a result they focus on attack ships themselfs, or alternatively have a shitty def planet. Heck in Omen they even went a step futher and put up the most easy, fat targets as a reward for their officers to pick from while the members got the rest. Things like that slowly undermine not only the authority of officers, but the whole alliance spirit and also shows the members that its ok to be selfish.. You simply don't lead by saying, you lead by doing and that is something which is damn rare in pa nowadays.

Point to case, last round Omen had (as the only other alliance than asc really) some decent zik planets. This was very valueable last round as we all know, but it never really came into play for them. Simply because these planets were painfully bad run in terms of fleetcombination. Not only that, but more often than not the ziks would just 2 fleet attack with 1 fleet unused because they already had "enough" def points to be on high prio already. If these ziks would have a) built a proper fleet b) actually defended when it mattered it might have led to c) overall alliance moral being alot higher, thus d) not losing the war.

I only saw 1 zik out of the bunch sending meaningfull def
fleets (patrikc), the 3:3 ziks were hillariously bad considering how much def they leeched. In Asc we had planets like that, sending 3 fleets to def whenever it was needed.. Quite a moral booster to see some top10 planet defending your rank 300 or whatever one I'm sure, not to mention the statement it sends to the attackers.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 16:04   #115
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
I disagree.

What has made Asc the best ally for the past 3 rounds? Their selfishness, or lack thereof?
So there are no good players outside of Ascendancy? or in you words 'selfishness' players out of Ascendancy. Just because Ascendancy have won 3 in a row and have a massive number of people who play to support there alliances doesn't mean other alliances dont have these players, maybe not on the same scale but they still have players of this class: Captain (VGN), Marka (xVx), theking,aksel,grog and so on.

Edit: Infact your argument would only be truely creditable if Ascendancy had all of these players in the top spots, i.e. 100 top 100 spots in my opinion.

Unread 15 Apr 2009, 16:14   #116
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
I was referring to that statement.

Unless of course you weren't referring to "the 200 mark" in rank terms in which case i hang my head in shame and concede the point.

I wasn't selfish, i received no ally defense after the first week or so as it was obvious to me i wasn't going to be around a great deal so requested to be put on no def status and sent defense fleets when needed and i was online. Like i said i just didn't contribute much other than score.
Actually, i was referring to the 200 mark, but that included inactive selfish players such as your self, players who dont quite understand the concept of non eta 2 recall fake defense, players who cannot launch 3 fleets a day, login daily, or be slightly usefull in any way, shape, or form.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 16:20   #117
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
So there are no good players outside of Ascendancy? or in you words 'selfishness' players out of Ascendancy. Just because Ascendancy have won 3 in a row and have a massive number of people who play to support there alliances doesn't mean other alliances dont have these players, maybe not on the same scale but they still have players of this class: Captain (VGN), Marka (xVx), theking,aksel,grog and so on.

Edit: Infact your argument would only be truely creditable if Ascendancy had all of these players in the top spots, i.e. 100 top 100 spots in my opinion.
No, i was using that as an example, to make the point, that selfish players rarely lead to a winning or competitive alliance/galaxy.

At no stage "sir" did i say Asc had a patent on quality players, infact, i do believe i made a statement saying there where 200 or so of these in PA, half of which are outside of Asc.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 16:30   #118
[JungleMuffin]

Right, back at the ranch: As i was saying, imo, BG's have become more prevalent, because alliances, and alot of ally players, [b][i][u]in general,[u][i][b] are shit.

(If that is so disagreeable, then i apologise.)
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 16:31   #119
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

No idea. I know why one BG/mini-ally is playing, and that's because we've played together before elsewhere. Beyond that, I suspect everyone wants to do the DLR thang.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 16:48   #120
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I find it kind of funny that if we get 3 DLR-esque BGs you have enough players for an alliance that could actually take on Asc, but instead they'll just take half the awesome players from the other allies.

How about Asc split into 3 BGs to make it fair too?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 16:48   #121
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
No, i was using that as an example, to make the point, that selfish players rarely lead to a winning or competitive alliance/galaxy.

At no stage "sir" did i say Asc had a patent on quality players, infact, i do believe i made a statement saying there where 200 or so of these in PA, half of which are outside of Asc.
Its no good muttering and stuttering like a babbling baby now.

Anyways back on to my original point. When you're judging good players JM, the criteria for this is so heavily debated, thats why I questioned you. Because those players who login when they have incs, call for def, are able to gather defence every single round must be creditable as good players, one would imagine. Just because they dont login when others need defence, does not make them bad players.

Just to clarify something else with you, you're suggesting that all of Ascendancy are in the top 200 players in the game? I would contest this point every day with you, as without getting myself into too much trouble here, there are alot of not-so-good players that play is Ascendancy day in,day out, every round. So I would take you up on this point as well.

Unread 15 Apr 2009, 16:50   #122
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
I find it kind of funny that if we get 3 DLR-esque BGs you have enough players for an alliance that could actually take on Asc, but instead they'll just take half the awesome players from the other allies.

How about Asc split into 3 BGs to make it fair too?
The trouble with this is, according to some Ascendancy players on these forums, Ascendancy splitting into 3 bgs would all work together so one of them can win ! Which would defeat the object of splitting up. Of course my point would deffer in the alliance limit was significantly dropped.

Unread 15 Apr 2009, 16:53   #123
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The trouble with this is, according to some Ascendancy players on these forums, Ascendancy splitting into 3 bgs would all work together so one of them can win ! Which would defeat the object of splitting up. Of course my point would deffer in the alliance limit was significantly dropped.
Not really!

If they had 3 tags of 30, it would be way harder for one of them to outscore a 60-70man ally. Ofc, they would work together but it would be fun to watch.

I'm not entirely serious, but it would be hilarious if asc did it and still raped people.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 17:04   #124
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Anyways back on to my original point. When you're judging good players JM, the criteria for this is so heavily debated, thats why I questioned you. Because those players who login when they have incs, call for def, are able to gather defence every single round must be creditable as good players, one would imagine. Just because they dont login when others need defence, does not make them bad players.
Yes it does. One of the minimum criteria for success in this game is that you turn up day in, day out when you're needed. While I'm not great (my time on IRC is limited) I spent a whole round pretty much sending from a mobile early in the morning and whining at jester via SMS when my fleets were sat at home doing nothing. My planet although worth toss all to Ascendancy in terms of score still got through about 130 launches plus, teaming up on raids for 15 lousy roids and a bit of defending as well.

Quote:
Just to clarify something else with you, you're suggesting that all of Ascendancy are in the top 200 players in the game? I would contest this point every day with you, as without getting myself into too much trouble here, there are alot of not-so-good players that play is Ascendancy day in,day out, every round. So I would take you up on this point as well.
If they were shit they would be got rid of. As everyone seemingly pulls their weight Ascendancy don't have to kick anybody.

Half of being a good player isn't just what score you get or how many fleets you send but its how you react to things happening. What Ascendancy has is a group of players who are close to apathetic in terms of incoming, in that they don't panic, defend and just move on to the next day. And if there's too much incoming, they do everything possible to change that. Infact I'd say attitude is more than half.

I'd say my view on BG players is pretty much unchanged: you can keep your score, I care about winning.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 17:55   #125
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
I
Time and time again I've seen dc's recieving def points or equivelent there of and as a result they focus on attack ships themselfs, or alternatively have a shitty def planet. Heck in Omen they even went a step futher and put up the most easy, fat targets as a reward for their officers to pick from while the members got the rest.

Complete and utter bullshit.

get ur fact right if ur gonna post.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 18:07   #126
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How about you set him right instead of posting what is an outright flame?
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 18:54   #127
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Yes it does. One of the minimum criteria for success in this game is that you turn up day in, day out when you're needed. While I'm not great (my time on IRC is limited) I spent a whole round pretty much sending from a mobile early in the morning and whining at jester via SMS when my fleets were sat at home doing nothing. My planet although worth toss all to Ascendancy in terms of score still got through about 130 launches plus, teaming up on raids for 15 lousy roids and a bit of defending as well.
I never said activity was not a crucial part of the game, or indeed a criteria for success. All I was saying that one could be selfish and not be as active at times as others have incommings to where, ones actual planet has incommings, where they are alot more active. But both types of players can surely be equally as good.

Quote:
If they were shit they would be got rid of. As everyone seemingly pulls their weight Ascendancy don't have to kick anybody.
Did I say shit? I dont think I did and if I did, I retract my statement. I just think that in Ascendancy, alot of the players are undoubtably good whereas alot are actually quite mediocre.

Quote:
Half of being a good player isn't just what score you get or how many fleets you send but its how you react to things happening. What Ascendancy has is a group of players who are close to apathetic in terms of incoming, in that they don't panic, defend and just move on to the next day. And if there's too much incoming, they do everything possible to change that. Infact I'd say attitude is more than half.

I'd say my view on BG players is pretty much unchanged: you can keep your score, I care about winning.
It was the other half I was concerned with. And with you determining half in your opinion does not necessarily mean they are good players because half of what they do is for their alliance. For instance if half of what one does is for ones galaxy and ones galaxy saves him more than any alliance could, then surely that is just as equal. Also someone could gain defence by being friendly to others, nothing to do with defending others.

Unread 15 Apr 2009, 18:58   #128
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm mediocre!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 19:07   #129
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
I never said activity was not a crucial part of the game, or indeed a criteria for success. All I was saying that one could be selfish and not be as active at times as others have incommings to where, ones actual planet has incommings, where they are alot more active. But both types of players can surely be equally as good.
For Ascendancy, the former group are pretty redundant. When we weren't bothered at all about winning may be, but times have changed. The second group don't just get big planets when they're active, they win rounds for their alliance. Which makes them far far superior. Turning up day in day out wins wars.

Quote:
Did I say shit? I dont think I did and if I did, I retract my statement. I just think that in Ascendancy, alot of the players are undoubtably good whereas alot are actually quite mediocre.
They're shit enough for me!

Quote:
It was the other half I was concerned with. And with you determining half in your opinion does not necessarily mean they are good players because half of what they do is for their alliance. For instance if half of what one does is for ones galaxy and ones galaxy saves him more than any alliance could, then surely that is just as equal. Also someone could gain defence by being friendly to others, nothing to do with defending others.
What I'm talking about here is an abstract impression of 'power' which is what used to decide who won and lost before alliance tags were counted. Sheer influence over the universe is pretty much everything and if you dictate the agenda you're in a great position to win on all three fronts. Alliances can do this; galaxies can't.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 20:47   #130
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
That's fair enough. I know why I'm playing with Saints though, and that's because it'll make for a fun round. I can play somewhere that's going for the win some other time.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 21:00   #131
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
Heck in Omen they even went a step futher and put up the most easy, fat targets as a reward for their officers to pick from while the members got the rest.
I DECLARE SHENANIGANS!

the second attack channel was Kaifux's idea, not mine. however what you're saying here is entirely untrue. our attack efficiency was terrible most of the round, selfishness was a problem. small planets were organising small attacks on big planets etc. the 2nd attack channel was for our higher value planets, to target higher value planets in the galaxies we were hitting. in fact, for the 20-30 people in that channel i was putting up 2-3 targets a night regularly there who were high priority to ensure they got hit properly.

in fact the opposite of what you're saying here is true. we put a lot of the better(fatter) targets in the main attack group, and told the people in the 2nd group to only claim from their own channel...on the less desirable and higher value targets. people were added to the 2nd attack group cause they were already large and therefore did not need to claim the smaller and easier targets, but work for the team and help the smaller guys get roids and get a chance to grow by covering the 'bigguns''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam
Things like that slowly undermine not only the authority of officers, but the whole alliance spirit and also shows the members that its ok to be selfish.. You simply don't lead by saying, you lead by doing and that is something which is damn rare in pa nowadays.
i think theres pretty distinct parallels within the game and its groups of players.

on the one hand there are certain alliances where power can be abused, and people abuse positions of power, on the other hand you have officers who get into power and lead by example and work their asses off...but the members let them down with inactivity and selfish play.

within the 2nd group part of it is a more mature approach to the game, and the realisation that the old, cliché statement of 'united we stand, divided we fall' is everything in this game. the reason so many allies fail is that the memberbase has too many conflicting levels of attitude, common sense, activity etc. i think the reason for the BG's isnt 'omg it worked for DLR lets do it!' ... people arent that naive. players arent breaking away into BG's/small allies to try and fenceride to an easy round, from what i can see its people who consistently put in effort in larger allies cutting off the deadweight and the bullshit and starting from scratch, with a core of mates they know they can rely on and have a good round with.

as mentioned by someone else (lokken?) its also a sad reflection of the alliances in the game. new alliances cant last more than a round from the looks of it. unrealistic expectations are set, people jump off the ship and complain when things go wrong, people who try to lead get burnt out....meaning allies die. NoX/Audentes/Omen...boom. the only regular contenders now for t5 consistently are CT/ND and asc. ND/CT really arent up to the standard of asc, and their structure and how they are run dont seem to be for everyone.

what options does that leave really? join a small ally, join asc or try something different. for me that different option is to play in a small BG with friends and see how good a round that gives me...here's hoping

FanG...best of luck, i hope you cut it as a top ally and can last many rounds to provide a high quality fight against ascendancy, however based on recent history, im not getting my hopes up. imo ascendancy will dominate until there is a change in attitude within the playerbase* and a strong core comes along capable of building up to ascendancys level.

* by this i mean people need to get along better in new allies, play less selfishly, work harder and STICK WITH whatever new contender comes along without marking it as a failure just because it wasnt all puppies and kittens on the first round.
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 22:03   #132
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

the second attack channel was Kaifux's idea, not mine. however what you're saying here is entirely untrue. our attack efficiency was terrible most of the round, selfishness was a problem. small planets were organising small attacks on big planets etc. the 2nd attack channel was for our higher value planets, to target higher value planets in the galaxies we were hitting. in fact, for the 20-30 people in that channel i was putting up 2-3 targets a night regularly there who were high priority to ensure they got hit properly.
It did seem like Omen had a problem there.

I remember getting 5 FI fleets on one wave which I covered with the ingal scanner.

Omen's attack organisation when hitting our gal could have improved a lot. About half of the roids they took were from crashes.

And I think you're dead on with the BG thing. I love ND and the rounds I spent there, but being able to play with just a bunch of mates and no chaff is refreshing.

Last edited by Gate; 15 Apr 2009 at 22:10.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 23:40   #133
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
How about you set him right instead of posting what is an outright flame?
fuzzy did that quite well. And everything he posted about our attacks were incorrect, hence I replied: its utter bullshit - which it was. Thats all I felt like responding, how on earth is that a flame?

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 23:43   #134
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
fuzzy did that quite well. And everything he posted about our attacks were incorrect, hence I replied: its utter bullshit - which it was. Thats all I felt like responding, how on earth is that a flame?
Abusive/adds nothing to the discussion. Even a line of explanation would have sufficed.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 23:47   #135
Wishmaster
LDK

abusive? get real.

I explained what I felt I had to - it was incorrect. "bullshit"

Quote:
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 23:50   #136
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm pretty sure it's not utter bullshit. Golan might remember more specifics than me (I seem to remember being told by :someone: that it was designed as a reward for officers). This may have been inaccurate information, I can't remember who told me, but I do remember when Omen hit 9.1 the fat f-crew planet was on the other list. So I'm not sure in what sense he was a "high priority target" or maybe that was just a once-off.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 23:57   #137
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I'm pretty sure it's not utter bullshit. Golan might remember more specifics than me (I seem to remember being told by :someone: that it was designed as a reward for officers). This may have been inaccurate information, I can't remember who told me, but I do remember when Omen hit 9.1 the fat f-crew planet was on the other list. So I'm not sure in what sense he was a "high priority target" or maybe that was just a once-off.

it was and is total and utter BS.

9:1 happened because the BC ****ed up for a BG.
This was a BG which had attacked shit asc gals, more so than the other BGs at that stage. And when no targ was up at 22:30 or something, I set it up for them, to increase morale.

This was not a group of officers, not a group of high ranked planets, but one third of Omen.

Tbh, I m quite pissed when someone not in omen claim this, as it is NOT correct.

( shit way to use my 1337 post count for ! I HATE YOU GOLAN / LOKKEN / JBG )

Quote:
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 00:18   #138
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

This was a BG which had attacked shit asc gals, more so than the other BGs at that stage. And when no targ was up at 22:30 or something, I set it up for them, to increase morale.

This was not a group of officers, not a group of high ranked planets, but one third of Omen.

Tbh, I m quite pissed when someone not in omen claim this, as it is NOT correct.

Odd. My recollection of it was 'hey, that fat F-Crew wasn't up on Omen's targets last night, but he's being hit by a couple of Omen now'. To which I replied 'Yeah, didn't Kaifux promise escorts on fat targets to people who stepped up and did shit? maybe it's that'. Or something.

Maybe Golan and JBG got more specifics than me. I don't find talking to people outside Ascendancy worthwhile most months.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 00:28   #139
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Hmm, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the wrong there here wish. For one this was late in the round, 09/03 and I believe you were on 1 attack channel by then. Certainly what I saw was 2 parser links, one with the fat f-crew and either 1 or 2 others and 1 with the rest of 9.1.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 00:36   #140
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Hmm, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the wrong there here wish. For one this was late in the round, 09/03 and I believe you were on 1 attack channel by then. Certainly what I saw was 2 parser links, one with the fat f-crew and either 1 or 2 others and 1 with the rest of 9.1.
Ah.
But still, I never once saw, or gave certain people better targets than others because they had done any effort.
We did divide targets at a time though to make sure those we wanted to be roided / tough targets, were teamed on by big people who wouldnt :epically crash: needless to say that didnt always go as planned!

Anyway, how late in the round was this? the last week or so I didnt pay much attention!

Quote:
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 00:43   #141
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Ah.
But still, I never once saw, or gave certain people better targets than others because they had done any effort.
We did divide targets at a time though to make sure those we wanted to be roided / tough targets, were teamed on by big people who wouldnt :epically crash: needless to say that didnt always go as planned!
Quote:
[22:14:21] <@Kaifux> ppl who are helping out the alliance by doing extra stuff will be encouraged by some kind of rewards
[22:14:40] <@Kaifux> whether it will be donations from ally funds for those who got fatter and are small
[22:14:49] <@Kaifux> whether it's some escort from big fat guys to gain xp
[22:14:52] <@Kaifux> we'll see
[22:14:58] <@Kaifux> we are open to suggestions as well
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 00:59   #142
Wishmaster
LDK

yes, because escorting to get xp late round, is a dumb thing, which you dont do in ascendancy!
Kaifux handed out donations to members who did well, and for some reason lacked in value. No one got special targets for any effort they did as officers in omen.

Now stop taking things out of context.

Quote:
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 01:32   #143
JonnyBGood
Banned

http://www.paste.lt/paste/6ff6bfe0d5...127613c885c566 this was from a channel in which we were discussing targets that night.

From my reaction at the time I'd be fairly confident I'd been reliably informed about it. Unfortunately I don't keep logs myself so I'll have to check with who I think told me that to see how reliable it was in the first place. I find it highly unlikely that the 2 biggest planets were straight up removed from the target list in order to provide xp escorts on them either to be honest. Nor do I remember hearing of any huge omen xp landings or anything like that.

I'm sure you can probably remember better than me wish. Maybe you even hit one or both of the planets in question!

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 16 Apr 2009 at 01:59.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 02:42   #144
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

09/03/2009 21:41 <@JBG> yeah man, i went into the future and we won the round with a week to spare

That was my favourite part.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 04:04   #145
Fuzzy

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

tbh ascendancy forum squad a lot of the above is incorrect. that logs pretty frustrating, the belittling of omen and the 'omen sicken me' is pretty lame imo. i think omen tried there best to give you guys a good fight, i think any claims of favouritism and power abuse are hugely unfounded and simply another chance to show how any other alliance in this game who tries to do well sucks compared to ascendancy - be it in organisation, morals, activity...politics etc. you won the round, we've had our humiliation...no need to further piss on our bonfire by posting post-round false 'propaganda' (SORRY LOKKEN!) about horrible things omen leaders did.

as much as i hate wishmaster :P he really did try hard last round, his defense activity particularly at the start of the round was awesome. other high ranking omens like Inforza also did a lot - such as inforza regularly putting up his galaxy for attack even though it was a/ his own galaxy b/ his long time friends.

to be entirely honest the only people in only id like to play with again were mostly HC/officers who i found selfless in performing their duties. im not saying that it was HC/officers i liked playing with EXCLUSIVELY, but largely...along with other key figures and high ranking players. members who werent in omen trying to portray omen officers and HC as the bad guys makes me a sad panda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
It did seem like Omen had a problem there.

I remember getting 5 FI fleets on one wave which I covered with the ingal scanner.

Omen's attack organisation when hitting our gal could have improved a lot. About half of the roids they took were from crashes.
yeah man, i doubt we were the only ally though. thats what i mean about people planning shit waves which screwed our attacks, leading to the 2nd attack chan being set up. the above ideas from asc posters that it was done as favouritism is rubbish if im blunt about it. 2nd attack chan was so our more reliable players who realise how this game actually works (which shockingly was a lot of our higher value players) can plan worthwhile attacks rather than us all wasting time with bad fleet usage on attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I do remember when Omen hit 9.1 the fat f-crew planet was on the other list. So I'm not sure in what sense he was a "high priority target" or maybe that was just a once-off
eurgh...i dont remember which night this was. i have records of a lot of our attacks though so when im back at uni tomorrow i can reply then if/when i get more information. although doesnt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
this was late in the round, 09/03 and I believe you were on 1 attack channel by then
nullify this whole debate about omen officer favouritism? ie. Zotnam's statement of "Heck in Omen they even went a step futher and put up the most easy, fat targets as a reward for their officers to pick from while the members got the rest" - which sparked this whole schabang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
[22:14:21] <@Kaifux> ppl who are helping out the alliance by doing extra stuff will be encouraged by some kind of rewards
[22:14:40] <@Kaifux> whether it will be donations from ally funds for those who got fatter and are small
[22:14:49] <@Kaifux> whether it's some escort from big fat guys to gain xp
[22:14:52] <@Kaifux> we'll see
[22:14:58] <@Kaifux> we are open to suggestions as well
come on...context please! :P
this was during kaifuxs infamous 2 hour long meeting iirc, and hardly substantial evidence to support claims that omen had clear officer favouritism, which was stated/implied by Golan. in fact this extract is aimed at the smaller value/sized players, so kinda odd to quote. the only things i see mentioned here are
1. donations from ally fund
2. escorts FROM bigger planets to gain xp
if anything this is the 'rich helping the poor', which as i said before, is the OPPOSITE of what Golan is accusing us of.

Unread 16 Apr 2009, 04:27   #146
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
nullify this whole debate about omen officer favouritism? ie. Zotnam's statement of "Heck in Omen they even went a step futher and put up the most easy, fat targets as a reward for their officers to pick from while the members got the rest" - which sparked this whole schabang..
One public attack chan. Which was my point. I mean in this case here the 2 fattest planets, one of which was f-crew, were removed from the "public" target list and set aside for the more "active members". We're not exactly talking about the sort of planets which require 10 man teamups here heh.

Quote:
2nd attack chan was so our more reliable players who realise how this game actually works (which shockingly was a lot of our higher value players) can plan worthwhile attacks rather than us all wasting time with bad fleet usage on attacks
This does sort of sum it all up though.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 05:08   #147
Fuzzy

sorry for the double post, but i didnt want to edit and further lengthen that monstrosity i wrote above.

i was re-reading that log Jonny and i thought about a couple of things:

Quote:
From my reaction at the time I'd be fairly confident I'd been reliably informed about it.
perhaps, though reading that log im not so sure

09/03/2009 21:43 <@JBG> those are the planets not on omen's list
09/03/2009 21:43 <@JBG> who are they hitting it with
09/03/2009 21:43 <@jesterina> has to be VGN
09/03/2009 21:43 <@JBG> no way they leave off random nd/redemption/f-crew is there?

from this extract it seems you are unclear of the details of the omen attack that night(at least at that particular moment of time). in fact reading your post im not sure what you are fairly confident you have been 'reliably informed' of, but i doubt its that omen officers have creamed off the best targets for themselves.

09/03/2009 21:44 <@jesterina> saved for the pro players
09/03/2009 21:44 <@jesterina> lollers
09/03/2009 21:45 <@Golan> who got those 3k roid targets?
09/03/2009 21:45 <@Golan> special for officers or so?
09/03/2009 21:45 <@Golan>
09/03/2009 21:45 <@JBG> yeah
09/03/2009 21:46 <@JBG> omen ****ing sicken me heh

all i can see here is accusation and speculation from some high ranking asc players, nothing of any real substance. there are no logs or extracts which would support this theory, not even anything out of context (which we all do sometimes!)

the only real thing i see which validates the theory you've all concocted at this time is the extract below...

09/03/2009 21:48 <@jesterina> 21:45:49 <@Golan> special for officers or so?
09/03/2009 21:48 <@jesterina> kaifux promised people who DCed incentives later on
09/03/2009 21:48 <@Golan> nearly all that def is from omen/ct
09/03/2009 21:48 <@Golan> I see
09/03/2009 21:48 <@Golan> well an f-crew with 3k roids is decent incentive

this is the same thing he pasted here (which i already commented on in my previous post)...and in the extract pasted above kaifux promised incentives to people who helped out (nothing there mentioned about DC'ing only), and there is no mention in that extract either of better targets.

Quote:
I'll have to check with who I think told me that to see how reliable it was in the first place.
please do! :P

Quote:
I find it highly unlikely that the 2 biggest planets were straight up removed from the target list in order to provide xp escorts on them either to be honest.
so do i. although this really isnt the discussion, and no where did anyone from omen state that as a part of this discussion. the only mention from an omen member about xp escorts was jesterina quoting Kaifux from over a month ago, in an entirely out of context way :P

besides: isnt this all a bit silly anyway. this is ONE example from a 10(?)week round of an inconsistency with our attacks. ascendancy posters are presenting this 1 specific inconsistency with a theory that has absolutely no evidence to support it.

cant you guys just admit that this 'omen power abuse' scandal is an exaggeration, maybe even a fabrication, apoligise and then we can all move on?

THE BITTERNESS MUST END SOMEWHERE

(sorry to all for my stupidly long posts....i blame universitys)

Unread 16 Apr 2009, 05:14   #148
Fuzzy

Quote:
One public attack chan. Which was my point. I mean in this case here the 2 fattest planets, one of which was f-crew, were removed from the "public" target list and set aside for the more "active members".
so there is 1 public attack channel at this point.

in that case were was the attack for these 2 planets opened?

Quote:
This does sort of sum it all up though.
it sums it up in what sense?

and wtf man why are you awake at 5.14am when there isnt a round on /o\

Unread 16 Apr 2009, 05:33   #149
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
so there is 1 public attack channel at this point.

in that case were was the attack for these 2 planets opened?
Didn't you just acknowledge there was a second channel?
Quote:
it sums it up in what sense?
It sounds like the sort of comforting lie people like to tell each other.
Quote:
and wtf man why are you awake at 5.14am when there isnt a round on /o\
Practice!

Quote:
from this extract it seems you are unclear of the details of the omen attack that night(at least at that particular moment of time)
Of course. We then "found out".

Quote:
all i can see here is accusation and speculation from some high ranking asc players, nothing of any real substance. there are no logs or extracts which would support this theory, not even anything out of context (which we all do sometimes!)
Well basically I'm going off the way I responded. There's almost zero chance I would have confirmed it unless I had heard something else (and I did have my sources!)

Quote:
besides: isnt this all a bit silly anyway. this is ONE example from a 10(?)week round of an inconsistency with our attacks. ascendancy posters are presenting this 1 specific inconsistency with a theory that has absolutely no evidence to support it.
I'm just talking about the one example I was aware of and remembered fairly clearly. What golan thinks on the issue or what else he may know you'd have to ask him about.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 05:50   #150
Fuzzy

ill reply properly later.

right now im deserting ireland to go to england cause i dont like you