User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Oct 2008, 19:30   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I just bought...

A suit off ebay.

I've never really used ebay for much. When I was ill I bought some bandanas off it, as I couldn't find any in shops. I have also bought a few other hats from there as they were cheap and you can search for a size (I have quite a small head) which you can't do in a lot of shops (it's restricted to S/M/L).

I've also bought DVDs and stuff in the past, but haven't used the site for over a year.

I spent the weekend hunting for a suit. I had something in mind - a brown suit (I like brown!) that would fit me (obviously) and was reasonably priced with 100% wool. I wandered around high street shops and couldn't find one anywhere. Saville Row is a bit out of my price range and I don't own many suits so am a bit of a newcomer to the purchasing. Teachers have a slacker dresscode than office-workers, so I used to turn up in jumper/shirt/tie/trousers most days, occasionally wearing a waistcoat or a suit jacket.

I was quite pleased with the purchase! I have yet to see if it will be as it seems (I paid a bit extra to get it tailored to my size as the inside leg was a little short and the waist needed letting out) but fingers crossed this will be the first of many!
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 19:44   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I just bought...

top shop too pricy eh?
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 20:37   #3
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

TK Maxx
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 20:51   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have no idea what you seek to achieve.

I do believe that it was ME who advised piglet to buy a suit from oxfam, giving him guides on what quality is, because he was rather tight for cash at the time.

IF you are now asking me to believe that you have 'discovered' the idea that second hand clothing can be of excellent quality - then I say BOLLOCKS to you.

IF you are asking me to believe that you; a notoriously badly informed, reactionary and poorly dressed moron have somehow found a good second hand piece - then I say PLEASE SEE EARLY ANSWER

You are utterly incapable of understanding quality. You are an idiot.

It is the duty of those with money to ensure good pieces of clothing are made in the first place in order to ensure that they one day become good second hand clothing.

YOU deserve to wear polyester forever in the full hope that the subsequent static electric shocks will comfort those you irritate to the point where they are placated; and thus are content to allow you to continue living rather than bludgeon you to death with the nearest object (as is unarguably your deserving fate).
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 21:56   #5
Tomkat

I know that nice suits can be found at charity shops - however a suit that fits well at a charity shop (both jacket and trousers) is hard to find

This ebay option allowed me to tailor it!
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 21:57   #6
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe View Post
I have no idea what you seek to achieve.
I was just trying to stimulate discussion actually - be it about ebay, suits, tailoring, or other people's stories/experiences.

I hesitated before posting here - I was going to go to foxystoat.com . Your posts have shown me that I should have given more thought. No wonder people don't post with friendliness like that
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 22:29   #7
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
I know that nice suits can be found at charity shops - however a suit that fits well at a charity shop (both jacket and trousers) is hard to find

This ebay option allowed me to tailor it!
yes.

that is the only way to get sewing done.

(as for your other post - I'm missing you already)
Unread 7 Oct 2008, 16:41   #8
Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to all

I ordered some navy blue Polyester gym knickers from eBay once.

They didn't come.

I didn't complain.
Antoninus Pius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2008, 18:03   #9
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
I found a topcoat in a charity shop for £7.50 instead of the £140 it costs to get one first hand. It's a bit big, but I'd rather have the £132.50 tbh.

I've found that charity shops are great for shirts & coats but a bit shit for jeans & t-shirts. Possibly because I dress like a tool.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2008, 18:28   #10
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post

I've found that charity shops are great for shirts & coats but a bit shit for jeans & t-shirts. Possibly because I dress like a tool.

nah because you'd want B&Q for that HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Unread 7 Oct 2008, 19:53   #11
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

i bought 2 rings off ebay but i think i got screwed 4 weeks later and still no sign of them

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2008, 21:14   #12
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In my current assignment, I review complaints of consumer fraud. Quite a few complaints come in about people getting screwed on e-bay. I regularly send out letters explaining that there is very little we can do about it. I refrain from using the word "dolt." I am very sensitive.
Unread 8 Oct 2008, 22:19   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Nash was right.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2008, 15:44   #14
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

TK got owned
Unread 9 Oct 2008, 23:38   #15
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I got a reasonably nice john smedley sweater off ebay for the princely sum of 7.50 this week.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote