User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 08:38   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm thinking about joining the Communist Party

What do you guys think? I hate wealth. I have made arguments for capitalism (I like gadgets), but maybe I'm willing to throw that out the window after standing in line waiting to have my baggage checked at LAX. The difference between the rich and the poor just stood out dramatically to me. (The fact that first class ticket holders got to go in front of a one hour long line probably had something to do with it). It's just sick that people pay $3,000 for a Luis Vuitton bag when they can have a similar quality bag for without a brand name for much much less and feed 50 families for like a year through oxfam.

After the LAX experience and watching people in fine designer coats and great skin and beautiful luggage getting to step in front of the disheveled crowd of coach ticket holders I took the city bus from the airport home (with my wife, I'm married!). The people on that bus were such a dramatic different slice of life. The bus stopped outside of a prison and someone who had just gotten out got in with his cardboard box of belongings. He sat next to another guy who after listening to their conversation had been in prison at sometime too. Those guys left and then some other people got on the bus and talked about a person they both knew from a drug rehab program they had been too. The were, in their own words, 'glad to be above ground, and thank the lord Jesus everyday.'

I want to become a librarian and help people. I want to spread literacy, make information freely available, I want to help troubled youth and people in prison make something worthwhile of their lives. I am also thinking of joining the Communist Party right now. Maybe that's a phase, but wanting to help people isn't. I will do that.

Here's a link to the Communist Party of the USA's FAQ: http://www.cpusa.org/article/static/511/#question26 (kind of interesting).