User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 Sep 2007, 02:56   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
shoot in the back of cowards

I suggest the creation of a new building: Missiles silo
It's purpose: shooting at attacking fleets recalling between eta4 and eta1 (including fake attacks then).
The damage would be limited : 1 building kills x value of ships at eta1 (fewer as the eta is higher).
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 08:23   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: shoot in the back of cowards

Why?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 09:27   #3
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

That would actually be fun
Personally I would like it very much, but then again im the type of guy who would shoot a thief in the back as he was running away from my house with or without my belongings.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 10:59   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Why?
It would make recalling a bit pricey for the fakers.
It would give some salvage to the target who managed to get his attacker to recall.
It would force the attacker to JGP eta5 and make decisions to commit or not BEFORE ingal def is sent (unless they JGP very late into the tick, thus giving an advantage to active players vs those who just launch and go off until eta1).
It would be fun... at least to me.
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 11:16   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think its worth some consideration. Obviously, whether its overpowered or totally useless would entirely depend on the value of ships killed, but still.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 11:58   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
It would make recalling a bit pricey for the fakers.
Recalling means you don't get roids for the night. Seems pricey enough to me.

Quote:
It would give some salvage to the target who managed to get his attacker to recall.
Getting an attacker to recall means you don't lose roids for the night. Seems profit enough to me.

Quote:
It would force the attacker to JGP eta5 and make decisions to commit or not BEFORE ingal def is sent (unless they JGP very late into the tick, thus giving an advantage to active players vs those who just launch and go off until eta1)
What's the point here? Why on earth would you want people to recall before defence is even sent?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 13:17   #7
Makhil

Quote:

Getting an attacker to recall means you don't lose roids for the night. Seems profit enough to me.

What's the point here? Why on earth would you want people to recall before defence is even sent?
1. talking about fakers, they don't intend to get roids in the first place, so i don't understand your comment

2. not losing roids is in no way a profit... i hope you don't run a company or you will go bankrupt very quickly.

3. people would want to scan earlier to recall in case of alliance or cluster def... and by scanning very late at eta5 you can see the ingal def (bonus for active players as i mentionned).

Seems to me that you're just arguing for the sake of it. I don't mind people shooting down my suggestion, finding the flaws is the idea of this forum, but plz try to make valid points.
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 14:59   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
2. not losing roids is in no way a profit... i hope you don't run a company or you will go bankrupt very quickly.
Heh, its the difference between Accounting and Economics; in Economics, the prevention of a loss is a gain, whereas with accounting its stuff all.

Clearly, i favour the economist's point of view. Alas, i am prejudiced in its favour... :\

EDIT: i still favour the proposal though. The cost of a Construction is pretty high; given the pressure for Amps, Jammers, Factories, Finance Centres and Security Centres already, a construction that would kill x value of an attacker only if they recall late is pretty hefty. Indeed, a jammer/silo combo might work well, otoh it might not work at all if enough people can scan you... :\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 22:39   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I think its worth some consideration. Obviously, whether its overpowered or totally useless would entirely depend on the value of ships killed, but still.
I've taken on board your advice to afford the suggestion some consideration.

The suggestion is completely ridiculous. Why would we want to make people scared of launching fleets? It'd just be a major stagnation-causer and would be incredibly shit for everyone except silo builders.
Unread 22 Sep 2007, 02:40   #10
Makhil

people are used to 0 loss attacks, it was not the case in earlier rounds.
if more silo builders means less dist whores it would be an improvement.
Unread 22 Sep 2007, 08:24   #11
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Suggestion is fine

but one single addition

silos must be manually fired in the tick after the recall

fair is fair
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2007, 10:44   #12
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

And make them be able to shoot at any ships within eta 4. And make one type for every class. And name them PDS.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2007, 11:43   #13
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
people are used to 0 loss attacks, it was not the case in earlier rounds.
if more silo builders means less dist whores it would be an improvement.

The only planets who are going to (successfully) build silos are the top planets, making them even more secure. This suggestion is just a new slant on PDS, that's all.

As for your 0-loss attack argument, Mz is completely right:

Quote:
Unread 22 Sep 2007, 11:52   #14
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra
And make them be able to shoot at any ships within eta 4. And make one type for every class. And name them PDS.
Unread 27 Sep 2007, 05:12   #15
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

if the missile silo is reject.. maybe change it for a star base!

the star base would be a ship type construction.

it would act as a command post for DEFENSIVE fleet..
armed to defend the planet
attack speed of 1
costly to build
require titan class ship (new class)
require titan construction yard

benefit would be +10% on armor of all defensive fleet.
and xxxxx amount of damage done to attacking fleets.

that would be a nice addition i think..

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2007, 08:15   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

No! ****ing! Superships!
Unread 27 Sep 2007, 11:59   #17
furball

rop - I've come up with a better name for your suggestion:

Death Star.
Unread 27 Sep 2007, 12:37   #18
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

the shipclasses are fine as they are, no stupid supership pls
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2007, 13:46   #19
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

hm i like the idea
but as mentioned manually in the tick where the attacker recalls
dealing some damage random between a range depending on how many silos you have and just 1 class of the incoming ships is hit which is also decided by random
OR you can do a research for 1 type where you missels shoot at
so i.e. if someone decided to hit FR with missiles he is not able to build anything similar for another shipclass
Unread 27 Sep 2007, 17:30   #20
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about
another approach for a star base

you always have one (and only one) starbase and it can't be destroyed.
- starbase can store x% of your fleet
- ships in starbase are safe from attackers and may have some bonuses (e.g. initiative 0)
- ships can be moved into and out the starbase (instantly or at low eta)
- starbase capacity (in %) can be increased via a new research branch

another alternative:
- starbase is filled with interceptors (small ships with low initiative, armor and damage) instead of with produced ships
- interceptors in a starbase regenerate over time (with zero resource cost) up to the starbase limit
- starbase research branch(es) to improve armor, damage and capacity of the starbase
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2007, 19:08   #21
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

are you kidding, i mean seriously. its a war game, it will become more defence orientated which will just be shit
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 01:59   #22
Makhil

It could be used for fake attacks only.
Real attacked recalled manually demand a minimum activity, ok let's keep it this way.
Fake attack is pwerfull in term of disruption/interference but demands nothing, it would be fair to make it a little costly 'if' some players decide to build that special defense building/ship.
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 02:43   #23
furball

Quote:
but demands nothing
Wrong! It's the use of a fleet slot (a very finite resource) when that fleet slot could be used for proper roiding or for defence.
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 08:50   #24
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Me likes!
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 12:10   #25
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
are you kidding, i mean seriously. its a war game, it will become more defence orientated which will just be shit
are you kidding, i mean seriously.
remove defence missions, they are defence orientated and just shit :P
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 12:27   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.

You're an idiot.
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 10:18   #27
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematician
are you kidding, i mean seriously.
remove defence missions, they are defence orientated and just shit :P
its simply a bad idea, it wont help with anything except making ppl think twice about attacking... how can that be good for the game?
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 12:07   #28
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

I like anything foxman doesn't like, so aye from me!

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 12:56   #29
Foxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
I like anything foxman doesn't like, so aye from me!
pff u love me. and im sure everyone knows i love myself also.
Unread 5 Oct 2007, 07:11   #30
Makhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman
its simply a bad idea, it wont help with anything except making ppl think twice about attacking... how can that be good for the game?
would make people think twice about 'fake attacking'
Unread 5 Oct 2007, 08:38   #31
Foxman

Quote:
would make people think twice about 'fake attacking'
"fake attacking"? care to inform me what u mean?

this idea will lead to players(specialy the smaller once) not attacking, this would be just as bad for the game, as to bring back pds.