User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 9 Jun 2008, 02:21   #1
Cardinal

Cardinal is an unknown quantity at this point
Salvage Ship?

Well how about it?

A ship that functions basically as a cargo ship - and is sent as part of an attacking fleet - especially those attacks you know you're not going to come off better. Each ship that survives returns 1000 of each resource in salvaged materials, thus limiting the amount salvaged by the defending party.

Zikonians will be able to steal these ships as per usual but they only return bonus resources when sent on an attacking mission, so sending them to defend a galaxy mate - they won't return with debris from the battle which rightfully belongs to the galaxy mate that was attacked.

Not sure if the equation of battles will support the idea of sending more ships (without guns) into a fight in order to get more resources back?

Alternativly:

This is a bit of a 'steal' from another online game im sure a few people are away of out there on the net - I'm a zikonian what do you expect ^^.

Whenever a planet is attacked, as i understand it the resources are salvaged immediatly and added to the attacked player's resources as a means of rebuilding his fleets. How about these resources remain in a Debris field which can be located through the use of a scan on the planet, the attacked planet will gain a percentage of these debris materials every tick (maybe a research to improve this percentage?)

It will create more of an incentive for people to attack each other, i could be skimming through the galaxies 'ooo this person has 1 million resource debris field', a few more scans, 'ooh he's been hit badly', then i attack him with my salvage ships and some fodder and make off with some of his resources. Now that will p**s him off a lot and i can sure expect a retaliation coming my way, but hell it was worth it

Last edited by Cardinal; 9 Jun 2008 at 02:32.
Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2008, 10:58   #2
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Salvage Ship?

This is a previous ship from the early rounds of planetarion.

http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...php/Cargo_Ship

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2008, 11:02   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well, no its not. Cargoes used to steal from roids, this would only steal salvage.

Thus, if you have a battle where nothing died (eg, target ran or Cathaar EMP) then the salvage ship could collect 0 resources.

The Cargo ship would have still got just as much resources though.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2008, 11:05   #4
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

So he's trying to let attackers claim salvage too?

not a good idea. can see it being abused also.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2008, 12:18   #5
Cardinal

Cardinal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy
So he's trying to let attackers claim salvage too?

not a good idea. can see it being abused also.
Such as?
Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2008, 13:24   #6
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I dont see why we need or want a ship that makes attacking more and defending less profitable; ppl already attack far more than they defend
Unread 9 Jun 2008, 13:39   #7
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Thus, if you have a battle where nothing died (eg, target ran or Cathaar EMP) then the salvage ship could collect 0 resources.
that seems a pretty big downside to me, it disadvantages cat as they will almost never be able to use it unless they are getting killed - on the other hand defenders run less often from emp attacks.

an uneven impact between the different races would make it more difficult to balance than the normal cargoship idea imo.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2008, 21:37   #8
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

This is the stupidest idea i have ever heard! Infact this could quite possibly be the worst idea anyone has ever had in the entire history of planetarion. The attacker gets roids! If the attacker also gets the salvage it would mean a defender would never have a chance of recovering and this would only benefit no-lifers and sorry i have to repeat myself!
MY God what a really stupid idea

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired

Last edited by Vladel; 13 Jun 2008 at 21:47.
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2008, 12:56   #9
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

I dont see it stealing the defenders salvage... just gathering the own dead pieces back to get money outta them. If you dont invest in salvage ships (u may get more fire power, but gain nothing back if u die for example.) the salvage ship could have some heavier armour aswell so it would have some other use also.

I like the idea. Defenders can have their own salvage ships or simply the salvage gets to them directly... I think farming on such case is easy to spot... Atleast if it happens on wider scale.
Unread 8 Jul 2008, 14:01   #10
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196566

i find this thread very contridicting when you look at the last post in that thread link
hairypalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2008, 16:06   #11
Aedolaws

Aedolaws is on a distinguished road

This sounds like the old ships, but worst.

Let me see if I can topple it!

How about old fashioned PDS that collects more salvage?

:P

Last edited by Aedolaws; 8 Jul 2008 at 17:37.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote