User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Mar 2008, 04:39   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Is it bashing ?

Attacking a planet too small is not allowed as it is rightly considered bashing. But more and more we see outrageous team ups of 3, 4 or more planets taking a bigger one. When you cumulate their score/value, they're far above the bash limit. The problem is when the attacking planets are too small to be countered. It seems unfair thet they can attack (bash ?) a bigger planet at no risk. No intention to limit these kind of attacks, but at least give the possibility to the target to do something.
Isn't it time to introduce a new rule: when planet A attacks planet B, there is no more bash limit as long as the attack fleet is flying towards its target.
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 05:30   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Is it bashing ?

I'm not sure that it is really bashing. Generally, differences in score reflect aspect of the players such as activity, skill and organisation. That big player that is being "bashed" probably has a better alliance and/or is better positioned within that alliance and thus can rely on a higher probability of more defence.

Similarly, if the target planet cant attack/retal their attackers directly, then all that needs to be done is to find someone (generally in their alliance) who can and say "oi, this guy's fleet is out, attack him back for me) as then you at least keep roids in the same alliance, or even gain from it.

Also, the prevalence of smaller players teaming up on a much bigger one is fairly rare. So, there i think it would be wrong to crush this avenue of smaller planets who get organised to take on someone bigger than them. Its teamwork, and it should be rewarded, not retarded.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 06:57   #3
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

bunch of 4 planets teaming up on me or my mates was the rule last round rather than the exception and with the new stats it will be even more blatant this round. Those smaller planets were in good alliances (including ND). It's not being attacked that bothers me (or i wouldn't play PA) but the fact that we couldn't counter any of them. I think it should be a basic 'fair' rule: if a planet attacks you, you can attack it back.
I don't see why part time players (or XP whores) should be especially protected.
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 08:07   #4
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

I don't see the use of being able to attack them if they're attacking you. They're smaller and will probably have less to no roids. Is the point to fleetcatch them? What would a big player have to gain? Easy roids? Satisfaction?

If you would want this option, I feel the option of attacking your target's defenders should also be made available. They're hostile to you, as you didn't attack them, but they've decided to join the battle (and the total value could be higher than 'your' bash limit). So why not be able to attack them aswell? Why protect def planets? (/not real option)

The problem in this case is the bash limit, not the cooperation. The cooperation should be aplauded and encouraged, as it will increase team work and playing together. Maybe you're right that this bash limit should be lowered to suit today's playing field.

Last edited by paolo; 27 Mar 2008 at 08:13.
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 10:55   #5
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

imaginea real world bash limit. Would be hilarious. Someone telling George Bush that Madagascar had just attacked them and stolen 25% of the countries resources. Oh..darnit..can't retaliate..madagascar is too small

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 11:01   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy
imaginea real world bash limit. Would be hilarious. Someone telling George Bush that Madagascar had just attacked them and stolen 25% of the countries resources. Oh..darnit..can't retaliate..madagascar is too small
Fortunately for the US, and unfortunately for Africa, Planetarion is not the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Those smaller planets were in good alliances (including ND). It's not being attacked that bothers me (or i wouldn't play PA) but the fact that we couldn't counter any of them. I think it should be a basic 'fair' rule: if a planet attacks you, you can attack it back.
I don't see why part time players (or XP whores) should be especially protected.
Part time players make up the huge majority of planets in the universe. Efforts to make the game more difficult for these players to have fun and do well will lead to a swifter death for Planetarion.

Further, you personally might not have been able to attack them back. You've only got three fleets anyway - - but still, surely there was *someone* in your alliance that could target planets that were roughly 1/4 of your size. If not, try galaxy mates, and their alliances. Or other friendship networks that exist. Get people in #transcendency to covert op their hides, or JPG them and see if they have incs already: if they've defence then attack their defenders where you can. And so on. There are plenty of options for you to persue, there are plenty of ways you can get back at them either directly or indirectly.

Alternatively, you could team up with three of your makes and attack someone who is 10 times bigger than you, get all his roids and enjoy the XP boost to your score - assuming you've got the guts to run the risk of his defence and/or his alliance's retals.

It works both ways mate, and you arent helpless. Essentially all you want is an easy option to bash lowbies who are getting their act together and attacking you. How dare the lowbies challenge your supremacy!!?! Humpf!!

Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 11:31   #7
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

I see the point you are getting across, but i see the bash limit as a protection of small planets from bigger ones so they have a chance to grow into bigger planets. 3-4 small-medium planets hitting 1 big planet is no different than it being hit by another big planet. Sometimes the combined value may exceed what would be the bash limit, but the bigger planet is in a better position to get those precious roids back. So i see no need for 'Cumulative bash limit' to protect big planets roids.
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 11:39   #8
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Can't you just get them 6 waved by the smaller members of your alliance? call it a training exercise. or an initiation for potential members.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 11:58   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sov speaks truth. Next.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 12:59   #10
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I d like to attack anyone who ever attack / attacked me during the entire round.
If they just came out of protection and are fat, I d like the chance to attack them if they first attack me. I d also like to bash someone who has attacked me some time during the round, even if at a later stage I am much bigger than them.
Fact is though, that this wont happen alot, as these players most likely aint worth a fleetslot. But I d like the chance to do so..

I remember back in the glory days of PA when "smal guys / nubs" knew that they couldnt attack members of top alliances / top gals because they knew they would be roided to the ground. Whats wrong with that? Its their choice if they decide to attack someone, and by doing that gets marked as "hostile" for that player leaving him the option to attack him for the remainder of the round.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 15:00   #11
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
I d like to attack anyone who ever attack / attacked me during the entire round.
thats funny wish you never came to get back the roids i took off ya

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 15:54   #12
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
thats funny wish you never came to get back the roids i took off ya
You were the one who roided me with terran DE last round?!

I kinda regret letting u land for the DE, as it would have been so much cooler to not loose a single roid all round \o/ also, I doubt the DE I stole payed off instead of getting it covered... was so horny to get my hands on some terran DE at the time..

Also, as I said..its not often people cba to retall or even bother coming back later.. but I think the option should be there

Atleast if some fker sends SKs ^^

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 15:54   #13
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
I remember back in the glory days of PA...
STOP! Right there!
The glorydays are over, the universe is smaller and team ups are more than necessary as smaller fleets alone cannot land a decent attack. Even the stats are somewhat designed that they encourage team ups.
Further, team ups make that your top notch spot is challenged and you need to fight more for your position. Isn't that fun!!!
So, I think this thread is total mumbo jumbo.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 15:55   #14
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Attacking a planet too small is not allowed as it is rightly considered bashing. But more and more we see outrageous team ups of 3, 4 or more planets taking a bigger one. When you cumulate their score/value, they're far above the bash limit. The problem is when the attacking planets are too small to be countered. It seems unfair thet they can attack (bash ?) a bigger planet at no risk. No intention to limit these kind of attacks, but at least give the possibility to the target to do something.
Isn't it time to introduce a new rule: when planet A attacks planet B, there is no more bash limit as long as the attack fleet is flying towards its target.
It's called making certain that you get some damn roids.. instead of having to recall after some dude sends 1 ship type defence and he's safe... That's what ticks me off mainly... Not to mention there's defence hoe's... Anyways too specialised ships and this is what you get, it's pax I gues can't blame stats it's just how game owners want the game played I gues.

Never doubled on anyone before trying pax unless he was like top10 planet.. in old pa.. then you needed da firepower.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 15:57   #15
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio
STOP! Right there!
The glorydays are over, the universe is smaller and team ups are more than necessary as smaller fleets alone cannot land a decent attack. Even the stats are somewhat designed that they encourage team ups.
Further, team ups make that your top notch spot is challenged and you need to fight more for your position. Isn't that fun!!!
So, I think this thread is total mumbo jumbo.
which was what I pointed out in my thread also, if u reread it u might see that I meant just that

Imo the entire top100 could team on a random peon at pt72 when he came out.. whatever they want restrictions = bad

Quote:
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 02:43   #16
Makhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Alternatively, you could team up with three of your makes and attack someone who is 10 times bigger than you, get all his roids and enjoy the XP boost to your score - assuming you've got the guts to run the risk of his defence and/or his alliance's retals.
Unfortunately I couldn't find such targets... :crymeariver:
I don't see where guts are needed in teaming up on a planet. If there is bigger planets than your own, they just played better than you. In earlier rounds, the XP formula and the stats allowed small planets to solo on big ones, that was fun.
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 02:57   #17
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Gee, now you're against team ups too?

What will be next? A limited number of defense fleets on planets?
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 03:41   #18
Stuhlman

Stuhlman will become famous soon enoughStuhlman will become famous soon enough

Quote:

============
Great point m8 I totaly agree.. team ups shoud be fair considering total score, but I am not sure if there is a sure way to fix this. The fix might bring about a worse situation... 1 problem for example is " How are we to collect that prize for attacking Jer "
Stuhlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 04:17   #19
Makhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Gee, now you're against team ups too?
I don't think I ever said that. Either you can't read or you're playing dumb on purpose. I must say you're doing great. Have a good round in VGN
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 08:09   #20
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

or if you send twice the value of your target you should get half as many roids (12.5% cap) then sending massive waves against 1 planet would at least be more tolerable to the person under attack cause they wouldn't lose as much. Base the capping % on fleet values instead of just 25% flat rate. That would bring a little skill back to the game instead of the mindless "everyone with BS launch at x:x:x" 10 vs 1 like you see now.

Though i do like the idea that once you are attacked by someone they could attack you back at any point in the round. That could be fun.
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 08:36   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

While I have nothing against teamups or the xp formula individually it is worth noting that 5 1 mil planets hitting a 4 mil planet are effectively playing a completely different game to one 5 mil planet hitting a 4 mil planet.

Quote:
That big player that is being "bashed" probably has a better alliance and/or is better positioned within that alliance and thus can rely on a higher probability of more defence.
This just isn't really true anymore.
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 11:33   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese
or if you send twice the value of your target you should get half as many roids (12.5% cap) then sending massive waves against 1 planet would at least be more tolerable to the person under attack cause they wouldn't lose as much. Base the capping % on fleet values instead of just 25% flat rate. That would bring a little skill back to the game instead of the mindless "everyone with BS launch at x:x:x" 10 vs 1 like you see now.

Though i do like the idea that once you are attacked by someone they could attack you back at any point in the round. That could be fun.
Waste of fleetslots is punishment enough.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 11:36   #23
Wishmaster
LDK

I would also like to see cap % based on value... but that would force 3tick attacking back again, wouldnt it? which is also great!!!!!

Quote: