User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 25 May 2006, 17:09   #1
vampy
bound & gagged

vampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud of
What is your major malfunction?

This is a thread for people to state what they see as their biggest flaws.

It's not a thread for saying 'I don't have any because I'm perfect', nor for mocking one another.

I am genuinely interested in what parts of themselves people see as problematic, as well as their ways of dealing with them.

Personally I'd see my most problematic flaws as:

procrastination: When i have something I need to do but don't want to, I often (almost always) worry and stress and think about it, rather than just getting the **** on with it, meaning I can easily spend two weeks worrying about doing something that would actually take me about 10 minutes to do if i just got on with it.

Not caring what people think: While this is often a positive thing, I think I take it too far and say things that are very easy to take out of context and give people a false impression of who I am. I do try to censor myself more in certain contexts, and sometimes I suceed (for example, I don't swear in front of other people's parents), but in general (especially online) I tend to say things that may alienate people and make them think I'm a completely different person to the 'real' me.

I always want to help people: Again, not in itself a bad thing, but it often leads me into relationships with self-destructive people who have no desire to change. The end result is either that I 'save' them, and they stop needing me, or that I can't do anything, and I get too emotionally involved, which inevitably leads to me getting hurt.

I'm sure I have many more flaws, but to me those are the ones I feel have most negative impact on my life.

Now tell me yours!

e.v.o.l.v.e
vampy is offline   Reply With Quote