User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 14 Jul 2005, 05:21   #1
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
The Sol War: 2065 Behind Enemy Lines

It is a dark day for the Sol Commonwealth, the former undisputed governing body of the entire solar system. It is March 15th, 2065 - the day that Majestic Inc. launched a massive and unstoppable assault against Commonwealth holdings throughout the system. Caught virtually unaware of Majestic's intentions and the true extent of its military power, the Commonwealth forces were outmanned, outgunned, and outfought. Save for a few minor skirmishes, the Majestic forces won every major battle, gainning control of most of the inner solar system in the space of mere hours. Perhaps most importantly, the back of the Commonwealth forces located on Earth - easily the largest and most powerful grouping of Commonwealth military - was utterly shattered. But although Majestic has won the openning moves, there is still cause for hope - Earth is a large planet, and even with its vast resources Majestic cannot hope to destroy every Commonwealth base; kill every Commonwealth soldier. There would be survivors, both military and civilian, that would despise Majestic for its overthrow of the government, a government that had provided peace and prosperity for the past fifteen years as mankind spread to the stars. And these individuals, in the coming days and weeks, would rise up from the ashes of their world, and fight back. The battle has moved away from Earth, but the war is just beginning . . .

/ooc Alright, rather than a remake of the classic thread, which seems to die before even reaching the second page, I've decided to adapt a different tactic and set up a different story in the same universe. In addition, I'm planning on starting a new, main storyline thread up again at some point in the near future. That thread, should it ever get off the ground, will pick up where I left off so long ago, with the evacuation of Commonwealth forces from Earth, and what happens to them from there. /ooc

Here's what I need from you d00ds:

Name:
Former Job: You can either be an ordinary civilian on the day of the attack, a New York City Police officer, or a Commonwealth Defense Force soldier. Civilians won't get much in the way of starting equipment, and it's possible that they will spend most of the thread seperated from everyone else (living in an occupied city and all). There is currently a limit of two characters that can be Commonwealth Defense Force soldiers.
Class: (there are three choices: WAVE, Gunship, Powered Armor. WAVEs are giant walking mechs, Gunships are a cross between fighter jets and helicopters, and Powered Armor is infantry). Obviously, a civilian probably won't have any trainning in any of those, but then, s/he could always be simply a retired/discharged pilot.
Background: where does your character come from? Important pivotal moments in his life, etc . . . whatever you want to include.
Other: Any other information you want to include on your character, such as hair/eye color, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.

Last edited by Inspectre; 14 Jul 2005 at 21:26.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 12:05   #2
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Sol War: 2065 Behind Enemy Lines

Awe you SOB! Why did you have to bring this back.

Of course I'm in. Character to be provided this evening after work and a drink or two.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 15:06   #3
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

You pull a Dachi on us, I vow to take hacking lessons so I can track you down!!!

Oh and erm... no pressure...

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 15:29   #4
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

In, though I think I'll need a new character here for continuity purposes.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 17:14   #5
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Well this looks interesting... but... umm, since I was far too lazy to join in any of the previous ones, could someone tell me who Majestic Inc is?
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 18:04   #6
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Evil cooperation, saves the day once with big machines that are like mechs (because the world went nuking itself and then fought some more wars), gets special treatment and things in the world go like flowers and bees, but then the majestic goes oooohh we're bad and starts killing us in a yo, wouldn't ruling the world be fun? no! lets just rule fckn everything because we are like t3h pwnz0r dud3s!!! kind of mood. naturally everyone else is kind of like ffs bitches and we start killing but because inspectre is a lame bastard we have to run and stuff.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 18:05   #7
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

i'll be in, i guess
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 20:31   #8
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Despite his unorthodox descriptions, Fluffie is mostly correct.

During the 2030s, a series of world wars broke out over the globe, largely the result of terrorist attacks that were suspected of being state-supported. Naturally, various nations accused either other of being behind the attacks, and war eventually broke out. Eventually, the situation deteoriated to the point where the nations could no longer wage war, or even support their people for that matter.

In response, a number of the surviving nations banded together to share resources for rebuilding, and ultimately formed a world government known as the Earth Commonwealth. However, a number of pocket dictatorships that had sprung up during the ensuing chaos of the 2030s didn't want to fall in-line. As a result, military force was required, but none of the nations making up the Earth Commonwealth had any real military hardware to speak of.

At around this time, the Majestic Corporation, or Majestic Inc. stepped forward. With most of its resources secreted away in South America, the continent least effected by the Wars of 2030, the Majestic Corporation was in quite good shape. As a military contractor, the Majestic Corporation offered to supply the new world government with its hardware at-cost. The Earth Commonwealth agreed, and signed Majestic into being its primary military contractor.

Soon after, Majestic demonstrated a new type of weapon: the Walking Assault Vehicle, or WAV. A mech, the WAV was a very mobile weapons platform, able to cross even the most difficult of terrain with little difficulty. Over the years, improvements were made, and eventually the definition was changed to Walking Assault Vehicle Enhanced, or WAVE, due dramatic increases in armor, speed, mobility, and carrying capacity.

The Majestic Corporation also led the way in a number of other fields than just military hardward, including space exploration. Once out into space, the Earth Commonwealth changed its name to the Sol Commonwealth, in honor of mankind's monumentous achievement. Slowly, other contractors entered the military and WAVE-production fields, pushing Majestic out of its monopoly position.

Evidently, someone at Majestic didn't like this, as the company petitioned the Sol Commonwealth a number of times to stop other contractors from producing WAVEs, on the basis that the Walking Attack Vehicle Enhanced was copyrighted. The Sol Commonwealth ignored those petitions, as well as the veiled threats that followed. Finally, the Majestic Corporation delivered an unreasonable ultimatum: surrender the entirety of Mars to Majestic's direct control, or face the consequences. The president of the Sol Commonwealth responded to this demand by publicly condemning Majestic Corporation in his March 15th speech, and declaring them an outlaw state that would immediately surrender to government control or be siezed by force. The president was assassinated by sniper bullet at the end of his speech, and shortly thereafter Majestic launched its attack against Earth.

------------------------------

Assuming you jokers make characters by tomorrow morning, I can attempt to start this thread. If not, then the first DM shall have to wait until I return from visiting a friend (on Sunday).
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 21:38   #9
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Well the thread seems curious although my concern is my lack of knowledg of its past makes it harder for me to decide wether to join or not, I do have a few obscure question though whats the state of medical knowledge? The average human life expectancy for this backstory?
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 22:41   #10
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, I had noticed that Fluffie's ability to write in english is decreasing with time. Thanks for the recap.

Now for the character - hope it's ok.

Name: Richard Draçir
Former Job: CDF Soldier
Class: Gunship

Background:

Official Record:
Warwick, July 8th 2039: Richard born.
Enrolled on psychology course September 2057.
Completed University in June 2060.
Enrolled in defence forces August 2060.
Training completed September 2064.
Transferred to active duty, rank Private.
Moved to operational posting November 2064.

Enrollment Psychological Report:
Stable; although subject was overly familiar with examiner and showed a diminished attention span from previous records.
[Archivist's Note - female examiners should be directed to wear standard uniform to interviews.]
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 01:58   #11
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

callsign fluffie
real name kua
country of origin netherlands
speaks dutch and english and some french and german
military powered infantry duder
has some serious issues with himself and the world but keeps them hidden
keeps silent about his history mostly. hmm.. issues?
isn't that old.. maybe around 24 or 25 or something.. dropped out of college and then went training with all them drill instructors and stuff

there. basic character. cba to make it look pretty and stuff, sorreh
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 02:57   #12
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Name: Gareth Brine
Former Job: Military Sniper
Class:Powered Armrour
BackGround: He like to reach and tocuh people, with a 7.62 cartridge. Joined the military because he thought being a sniper might be an intersting carear. He really liked it when it came down to it, not the killing but the art. The evasion, the hiding and the matching wits against enemy snipers. It was a thinking mans way to fight.

Last edited by mrmao; 15 Jul 2005 at 14:51.
mrmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 03:03   #13
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Name: Incom “Bakan” Morgan
Former Job: Commonwealth Defense Officer
Profession: Gunship pilot

Background: Joined the Commonwealth as a young man, was selected to be a pilot due to excellent reflexes and natural flying ability with gunships.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 14:45   #14
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Darkling

Well, the original thread is in the archives, although I can hardly expect for you to read through it - it's quite long. The state of medical knowledge is somewhat more advanced, with doctors being able to "patch-up" someone who has been wounded with much greater efficiency. It is also believed that within five or six years, experimental cybernetic technology will be on the market, enabling doctors to replace lost limbs with robotic replacements. The average human life expectancy is around ninety years, and the advanced medical technology available ensures that most people do not have to spend those extra years wasting away in a hospital.

In other fields, technology is significantly more advanced. Almost all electrical power is now derived from fusion, and all vehicles use micro-fusion engines. In space, there is a good deal of infrastructure now set-up, and the Commonwealth has bases on Mars, and on a number of Jupiter's and Saturn's moons. Further out there are a few minor bases and listening outposts, still attempting to find life elsewhere in the galaxy.

Richpur

Character approved.

Fluffie

Character approved.

mrmao

Character approved, but we'll be starting the thread on the day of the attack. Thus, you wouldn't have enough time to be able to kill a bunch of people, and then find a civilian job.

Bakan

Character approved.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 14:51   #15
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

danget, okay well i guess i have sniper rifle and lots of ammo
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 15:41   #16
No Dachi

Name: Edward "The Marshall" Simmons
Role: Powered Infantryman (Freelance)
History: Having joined the Majestic Security Corps at the youngest possible age of 17, Edward enrolled in the corporation's Officer Training Academy and within months was involved in a potentially lethal duel. The other boy involved in the incident - who was also hospitalised - was Edward's former best friend, Charles Molet. The origin of their dispute, which brought them to swordpoints in the course of just a single day, is unknown; but based on the testimony of several other cadets as witnesses, it was determined that Edward had issued the challenge for the duel. As such, while Molet was disciplined severely, he was allowed to stay in the Academy. Simmons, on the other hand, was expelled.

An only child orphaned at an early age, Simmons had applied to the Academy through a Majestic Corps bursary won through his excellent secondary education credentials. On the outside, he found himself lost and alone, and, with noone to turn to for support, he committed to the same mistake that so many unguided youthes had made before him and went out to Mars, looking for work. He found little, and ended up begging for money in the corridors of the Mars Orbital, constantly being moved on by Orbital Security. As luck would have it, a Barge captain approached by the boy took pity on him, and offered him a job as Deckhand, which Edward eagerly accepted. Having taught their new member the basics of work on a starship, the ship's crew took her out of port a few days later, heading for the minor base on Titan. They never reached it; the ship was attacked by pirates in the Asteroid Belt. The barge was boarded and the crew murdered, with Edward initially spared due to his youth. Unfortunatly for the would-be raiders, Simmons had acheived excellent grades in all combat courses at the Training Academy during his short time there, and after escaping his captors quickly made his way to the Captain's Cabin, taking from it the barge's sidearm. Fortunatly for Edward, the pirates were few in number (a fly raider with only four aboard), and all were dead in short order. As soon as Majestic Security Forces arrived in response to the barge's initial distress call, the attending NCO identified the pirate's leader of having a bounty placed on him, which was duelly awarded to Edward as soon as they returned to Mars Orbital. Edward Simmons had found his lot in life.

Four years later, at 22, Edward was one of the most feared bounty hunters in existence, nicknamed "the Marshall" after the travelling lawmen of the Old West. Deciding to take a well-earned break from the game after a particularly difficult bounty - a smuggler, wanted captured by Majestic - Edward had just returned to his homeplanet of Earth to visit his home town (London) when the Majestic Corporation attacked the spaceport at New York. With shells exploding all around, Edward had quickly taken his armour and weaponry from the spaceport's vast cargo store, but having no qualm against either Majestic nor Commonwealth, had thereafter merely concentrated on escaping the complex. Now outside New York's city limits, Edward is considering his options, all too aware that getting back to the edge and his bank account at Mars Orbital might be difficult.
Other: Edward's left eye was taken in the Academy duel, and he wears a plain black eyepatch over it at all times.

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:46   #17
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel 'Hawkeye' Hewitt
Former Job: New York City Police officer, SWAT anti-terrorism unit

Class: WAVE Pilot

Background: If one could go back in time and tell young Hewitt that he'd end up as a police officer in his future life, the response would've been something along the line of a long string of sporadic laughter followed by a quick and obscene dismisal.

Born and raised in the low-grade urban wasteland otherwise known as Sydney, Hewitt spend most of his early teens doing what most aussie kids did at that stage - go on wild drinking binges. Sick of having to 'rescue' him from the dirty streets ourside the local pub all the time, Hewitt's single father ended up making the decision to put his out-of-control son into juvenile military school to straighten him out. Of course Daniel - being sixteen at the time - resisted at first, but mainly due to a deep down respect for his old man Hewitt relented and on the 9th of June 2053, Hewitt was officially enrolled into Australian Royal Army Commonwealth Cadets Program. Hewitt absolutely hated to start off with, but surprising enough quickly found the whole military thing to his liking. After two years in the cadets program, Hewitt immediately enlisted for training as a commonwealth defence soldier.

Hewitt proved to be a good soldier, and a damn fine pilot completing his one year at boot with honours. He spent the next six years travelling the world as a WAVE pilot for Commonwealth Defence Force, his tours of duty including places such as the Middle East, Northern Africa and South America. By this time, Daniel 'Hawkeye' Hewitt found himself response for his entire unit and had worked his way up to the rank of Lt. Commander. His own WAVE unit... one life goal had now been achieved.

On the 7th of December 2061, Hewitt lead his WAVE unit into a combat situation for the very first time. They had been patrolling a supposedly 'safe' area when local rebel forces ambushed Hewitt's WAVE column. Outnumbered at least three to one, Hewitt's unit defended themselves as best as they could but ultimately in the end despite the inferior nature of the rebels WAVE technology, the results were catastrophic. Out of twelve WAVE pilots only three survived, including Hewitt who had been critically injuried in the attack. All WAVE's had been destroyed or damaged beyond repair.

An inquiry into the incident later discovered that Hewitt's squad had been ambushed by an overwhelming force of thirty seven WAVE's. Of that number, Hewitt's team had managed to take down twenty eight, with Hewitt himself credited with ten on his own. In the end, if it had not been for the actions of Hewitt's WAVE squadron, a group defending a convoy that had ultimately arrived just in time to prevent the capture of the surivours would have been in serious trouble. As such Hewitt and his two other squad mates were awarded with the CDF silver star medal for bravery, a purple heart and Hewitt was also given the CDF medal of honor.

The medal ceremony took place in the medical ward were all three lay in a critical but stable condition.

On the 12th of January 2062, Sgt John Andrews - one of the survivors - died in his hospital bed from a major brain hemorrhage that had proved irrepairable. The following month, on the 23rd of Feburary, CWO Mark Roberts - the other survivor - had an epileptic seizure that proved too much for his still weak heart, leaving Hewitt as the last remaining survivor.

Hewitt remained in a hospital bed for the next six months so bad were his own injuries. He made a full recovery physically, mainly thanks to modern medicine that had replaced most of his internal organs, but mental Hewitt was now a broken man. His superiors tried subjecting him to a year's therapy and on many occasions Hewitt was put back into the seat of a WAVE but he just wasn't the pilot he used to be. Hewitt discharged himself from the CDF on the 17th of November 2063.

The next year, Hewitt presently living in the world's capital of New York sort work in local law enforcement. Given his background, he was accepted into the police academy after only a brief psych evaluation and entered the service of the NYPD on the 24th of March 2064 despite having been eariler diagonised with a chronic case of depression. Given his experience as a WAVE pilot, Hewitt was assigned to the NYPD's anti-terrorism unit whose task was not much more than to act as glorified security. For a big city, Hewitt was at first surprised by the frequency of 'terrorist attacks' but generally found working for the NYPD to be an easy job.

By the 15th of March 2065, Hewitt had shrugged off most of his personnel issues and was back to his old level of skill with piloting a WAVE. However, he also keep to himself most of the time for fear of having to deal with losing more people close to him. He also lived by himself in a single bedroom apartment, all that he could really afford on the modest wage the NYPD paid him.

In short before the Majestic attack, Daniel 'Hawkeye' Hewitt was living a normal, average life.......

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:07   #18
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

Name: Dr Farle Shadow

Former Job: Experimental biological interface specialist / licensed surgeon (Installation a speciality)

Class: N/a

Background: A doctor, a good doctor, specialising in mind-machine interface research, has already created and installed a successful mind-machine interface into lab rats. Interface allowed for implants to be surgically grafted onto bones and other tissues. In an accident (Don't these doctors always seem to have 'accidents' that suddenly turn beneficial later?) several years ago, the good Doctor lost half of his left optic nerve in a freak robotic arm power surge. His left eye now is only capable of black and white imaging, however (You knew it was coming) it allowed the Doctor to have a high-stream interface installed into his skull. The wireless, self-powered interface allows the good doctor to call up medical information at a snap, interface with his mechanical creations or any other handy dandy thing such a device would allow him to do.

Other: When younger, our 6'2, well built doctor was quite the keen shooter, his father regularly taking him shooting with various weapons (Shotgun, pistol, rifle). In keeping with his hobby, Farle has several weapons at his home, including some of the more....rare items (Military grade weapons from Majestic) that he keeps stashed away in a secret compartment along with some of his pyrotechnic devices (Flashbang type fireworks, low-grade explosives, det--caps) and his prized, 100% Gen-u-wine Demolition explosives (From before the war)
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:13   #19
No Dachi

Inspectre banned my character's cybernetic eye, so I'm not sure how he'll feel about that character there, Shadow.

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:24   #20
Shadow275
Commandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
Inspectre banned my character's cybernetic eye, so I'm not sure how he'll feel about that character there, Shadow.
Shush, maybe he'll forget, besides, its a half cybernetic eye.
Fire and Ice
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 20:53   #21
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Name – Berwyn Jones
Age – 68
Current Job – Unemployed Civilian Pilot
Medical History – Artificially aided heart after an accidental crash at the age of forty four, resulting in severe burns and shrapnel puncturing his left lung and causing severe damage to his heart.
History –
Born to a well of family and more luxurious lifestyle than most means Berwyn has had little trouble with money in his advancing years, which has helped fund his continued love of flying and speed. Founding a small company in his thirties that mostly dabbled in the development of new systems and technologies for commercial flight, Berwyn himself was often opting to test anything new himself preferring to take a more active role than a more traditional one. Later the company was sold and integrated into military projects and industries after it became more successful, Berwyn staying with the company a few years more as a test pilot which suited him just fine. It allowed him to test most of equipment and vehicles that the commonwealth military later put into use later, without having to worry about budgets and meetings.

Ignoring the politics of the world for the most part Berwyn has often lived his life by his own moral compass, coming of as ignorant or uptight at first glance, feelings being mistaken for his simple lack of interest in the goings of the world. Drifting between jobs for the later part of his life ranging from commercial pilot to instructor, as long as it involved flight it never really mattered what it was, gaining a further wide range of experience and skills over the years. Deciding to settle down in his early sixties finding constant travel becoming harder to bear on his body and his declining health making matters worst.

ooc – In all honest I put very little effort into this history its only purpose right now is just to highlight the characters love of flying, and its dully done at that . So apologise on that respect.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 22:00   #22
Ephan Ser

Name: Gregory Scott
Former Job: "Civilian" - Terrorist (let me know if this is ok.)
Class: Powered Armor
Background: Widely known under the name of "Slain" for being one of the most wanted Terrorists in the history of the Commonwealth Reign. He was neither an ally of Majestic or of the commonwealth for the first assault. However, during the start of the war he used every advantage or distractiction to cause terror for his own personal gain. He spread propoganda that supported a more liberal view of governmental control and needless to say, he was effective at it. Many people still are weary of anyone even speaking his name, but he has recently allied himself to the Commonwealth in efforts to rid the world of a potential corporate dictatorship. It is a temporary alliance and he will deal with the rest of the world after majestic is defeated.
Other: He has bright green eyes and dark tanned skin. His hair is jet black, short, and curly. He speaks with a deep austrailian-like accent and is extremely observant, he can change mannerisms to fit in to people around him and in a sense, "dissapear" into a crowd.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 23:20   #23
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Well personally I think anyone who signs up specifically to pretend to be a terrorist is mentally unstable: either from a global "I am a git" perspective or a more computer oriented "I want to have counterstrike's babies" perspective. But it's the DMs choice.
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 16:15   #24
No Dachi

I personally find the idea of an idealogically liberal terrorist pretty amusing. I mean anarchist possibly, but...

Unread 20 Jul 2005, 17:37   #25
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

March 15th, 2065
4:00 PM

Richpur

"He's right on your tail, Red 3!" Your wingman warned, as yet another Majestic dropped in behind you, guns blazing. The skies were full of the maggots, and every single one of them seemed determined to shoot you down. Checking your sensors, you saw that this one was an X-12 Harpy, one of Majestic's primary interceptor gunships. Although significantly faster and somewhat more advanced than your TF - 16 Saber, that didn't mean that the pilot behind it was any good. And that was the critical factor as you wrenched your stick down and hard to the right, diving for the city of New York below you. The annoying whine of a missile lock a moment later proved that the Harpy's pilot wasn't complete rubbish, because he was following you down, and now was about to turn you into small pieces of metal to litter the streets of New York with.

Fluffie

You, along with the two surviving Commonwealth soldiers of your unit, are quickly making your way towards the spaceport in an attempt to get off the planet as per your orders. Unfortunately, some wierd crab-like WAVE encountered the APC you were riding in a few blocks back, and almost as an after-thought, sawed it neatly in half with a capital-ship grade primary (energy) beam. Most of your unit was killed from the beam, vaporized by the energy beam's intense heat, or died when the tattering remains of the APC slammed into a building at 50 mph. Somehow, you were thrown clear of the wreck, and when you came to several minutes later, found that only you and two others had survived. Hoping to avoid another encounter with that hideous WAVE, you and the others had stuck to the back alleyways, slowly winding you way towards the spaceport. You are only three blocks away from the spaceport's edge when, as you approach the exit of an alleyway, encounter a Majestic soldier. Walking past the openning, he looks down to see the three of you, and swings his SMG up and around to bear, firing off a hasty burst before sidestepping out of the alleyway's openning and out of sight. You can hear him shouting excitedly into his radio, however, and probably in a few minutes you were going to have company. Lots of company.

mrmao

You had been in this apartment building all day, picking off Majestic troops one by one as they attempted to walk down your street. You had been fairly careful about it, however, picking off only stragglers and shooting them when they had reached different points along the street - making it look more like casual battle casualties rather than a pile of bodies in one spot. Unfortunately, while you had managed to eliminate perhaps ten of their soldiers, it was only a small drop in the bucket, and the Commonwealth was still losing. "Patrol of ten soldiers coming through now." Your radio crackled as your spotter announced the arrival of a new bunch of dumb*sses attempting to use your street. "They seem to be getting ready to search the buildings: probably heard about us." Your spotter was across the street in a similar building, and she had been the only one to use the radio thus far. Therefore, if Majestic had picked up the radio signals, they'd probably go after her first, which was just fine with you: it gave you more time to shoot them all. Finally, the squad of soldiers came into view of your window: nine soldiers following a tenth, all of them carefully picking there way through the carnage on the streets below.

Bakan

Somehow, you had managed to get seperated from the rest of your squadron - or maybe you were just the last one left out of your squadron: the radio had been deathly silent for quite some time now. Your time in the sky hadn't been quite so boring, however: more than one Majestic fighter had attempted to jump you, and so far while all of them had died trying, you have taken some battle damage. Suddenly, in the skies below you, you can make out the blocky outline of a Majestic X-26 Battle Axe bomber lining up for a run against some target below. The bomber appeared to be alone, although you knew that didn't equal defenseless: there was likely a tailgunner present.

No Dachi

As you leave the vast city limits of New York and entered its nice surrounding suburbs, you start to consider where you could possibly go. With your ship back at the wreckage of the spaceport, there was little change for you to make it back into space, and return home to Mars. Perhaps worse yet, all of your bank accounts were located in London, not New York. While you imagine it would be a fairly simple matter to simply contact the New York branch of the bank to withdraw your money, given the global economy, it was doubtful that the banks would be open anytime in the next week. Therefore, you needed a place to lie low for the moment, outside of the city and away from the major conflict. In the distance ahead of you is a relatively simple two-story home: untouched. Apparently the fighting hasn't quite reached here just yet.

Hewitt

"Hey, you *ssholes!! Wait for us!!!" Christopher Ling, your fellow WAVE Rider and wingman, shouted as he stomped his Shogun WAV towards the civilian ship. In reply, the ship finished closing its boarding ramp, and then activated its engines, slowly pushing it up off of the duracrete landing strip. A moment later, and it was off, slowly getting smaller as it continued ascending, clawing out of the atmosphere before the swarms of Majestic gunships could shoot it down. "Well, that was great. Now what?"

Shadow275

/ooc For now, I'll let you have your cybernetic enhancement, especially since it is experimental and such. I may, however, disallow certain functions, and your damaged eye can still only see if black and white. ooc/

You had come into the office today, as you did everyday, ready to continue your experiments. Today, you were going to run Rodger, the mouse who you had equipped with cyberware, through a maze. The trick was that there were several locked gates throughout the maze, which Rodger would have to open by interfacing with them. Past tests had shown that, given the proper encouragement, Rodger could interface with simple electronic equipment like the maze gates, but this would be the first time he would have to do so while being timed, and under significant stress. "Doctor, we're ready to begin recording the run. You may let Rodger in whenever you're ready." One of your lab assistants reports, as another gently deposits Rodger's cage on the table in front of you.

Darkling

Now retired from active duty as a test pilot at the company that you had founded, you lived a relatively good life of luxury in the suburbs outside of New York city. Unfortunately, you had come into town today to take care of your financial accounts at the bank where most of your money was stored. Evidently, they had wanted you to come in and double-check their records, to ensure that their computers had the correct pension numbers from your company. Thankfully, their computers were correct, and you were able to wrap up the meeting and get ready to return home in an hour. Unfortunately, shortly before you left, the city came under attack, and rather go out onto the dangerous streets, you had elected to stay in the bank with the other citizens. This proved to be a wise choice, as outside you could hear the screens of fighter gunships zooming overheard, as well as a number of explosions, both distant and close. Suddenly, the doors to the bank burst open, and a man dressed in a Commonwealth uniform stumbles in. He walks with a heavy limp, and there is a trickle of blood stainning his right leg. "You've got to help me!" He shouts, quickly limping into the middle of the room. "They saw me go down, and they're following me. Hide me, quick!"

Ephan Ser

While I'm not entirely displeased with the idea of a terrorist character, I do have issues with him hating the Sol Commonwealth. Being a terrorist against the Sol Commonwealth would put him strongly on the side of the bad guys, and in all likelihood, on Majestic's payroll (they have secretly financed a number of anti-Commonwealth groups over the years). Since this thread is all about the fight against Majestic, and attempting to re-instate the Sol Commonwealth government, I can't allow your character concept as is. If you wish, you can still be a terrorist, but he will have to be much more anti-Majestic than he is now.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.

Last edited by Inspectre; 20 Jul 2005 at 23:24.
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 21:33   #26
Darkling

Sitting quietly of to the side lounging casually on a padded chair listening to the muffled conversations of the others, glancing back and forth sharply as the sound of distant explosions and gunfire outside. Berwyn’s sullen mood interrupted by the sound of the door swinging open, looking up to catch the sight of a soldier stumbling through the doorway chaotically. Pushing his neck to the side Berwyn looks on the panic struck man with a raised eyebrow letting out an annoyed huff, speaking in a rather gruff tone.
“You better get in the back, maybe some of the staff know somewhere. Whether they find you here or not, I do not suppose it makes a big difference on them deciding to execute or imprison us. Having the favour owed by a commonwealth soldier might come in handy later on”
Pushing himself up from the padded chair walking up to of the senior bank staff, poking them abruptly in the chest making sure to get their attention.
“Whatever your name is, get this man in the back before whoever is chasing him gets here, would prefer to die gawking like a fool or at least die with some pride. Now hop to it, time is short” Looking back sharply at the main door with a deep frown empthasing a few wrinkles across his face in the process.

Last edited by Darkling; 26 Jul 2005 at 13:54.
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 22:28   #27
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Gareth looked through his scope, down the street at the approaching enemy. Ten of them and one straggler, the choice was obvious who to shoot. He needed to stop them advancing all he needed to do was kill one and they would all run for cover. If he shot someone in the front, though they would all take cover facing his direction. Then he would not be able to get of any more shots. However if that straggler went down chances are they would think they were being attacked from behind. Then when they took cover the heads would be perfectly shootable.

He aimed; he aimed right at the straggler. His head was perfectly visible; it burst like a melon when the 7.62 cartridge blew through his skull. He exhaled he was right on target he pulled the trigger. The gun fired, the street echoed, excellent they could not use sound to tell which direction he shot from. He pulled the action on the rifle the empty casing popped out the chamber. He slid it back in and there was a clicking as another round moved into the chamber from the five round magazine.

Occ/wow, i think that is my best post to date/Occ
Unread 21 Jul 2005, 11:54   #28
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Inspectre: Can you give us some stats about the fighters/technology. Such as the types of weapons (energy, projectile, etc), speeds, and whatnot. I'll whip up a post within the next day or two once I have that, thanks!
Unread 21 Jul 2005, 12:36   #29
No Dachi

Edward stopped momentarily to get a good look at his surroundings. The affluent suburbs surrounding New York were deserted at the moment, with their middle class residents having either fled at the first signs of fighting or else shut themselves indoors. None of this particularly concerned the bounty hunter, who was much used to trying to avoid attention - a task made somewhat difficult by his conspicuous eyepatch. A bush in a garden on the left side of the road suddenly rustled threateningly, and Edward brought his assault rifle to bear only to see a cat emerge from concealment. It sat, watching him interestedly, its tail waving apathetically behind it. Abruptly, the distant booming of exploding ordnance reminded the Marshall that there was a war on, and that he needed to get off the streets. Up ahead, a short distance down the road, was a rather unremarkable two floor house didn't exactly stand out from its surroundings - and would thus make an excellent hiding place. Edward set off toward it at a run, his power armoured boots hitting the ground heavily with each step. As soon as he found a computer he was going to access his bank account and convert all of his Commonwealth Credits to gold - he had just left the capital city of the nation even as enemy forces took military control of it, and was quite sure that its currency was not going to maintain its current value for much longer. Gold, on the other hand, would translate nicely into Majestic Credits or whatever the new regime introduced after its conquest, thus preserving his hard-earned profits.

Unread 22 Jul 2005, 04:42   #30
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Most gunships are, like everything else, powered by a miniature fushion reactor. It uses the exhaust from this reactor has its primary means of engine power. Most gunships are capable of VTOL, space-flight, hovering, and supersonic speed (although only about Mach 1 or 2 while dogfighting in an atmosphere). Primary gunship armaments consist of projectile weapons and missiles/rockets. Some gunships are equipped with chainguns, while a few are equipped with heavier cannons, essentially light anti-tank rifles designed to punch through armor. The same can generally be said for WAVEs, and to a lesser extent, powered armor infantry, although their suits are powered by batteries, not fusion reactors. Hope that answers your question.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 22 Jul 2005, 10:15   #31
Richpur
Just call me sir.

[ooc] So if we view it as a suped up harrier we're not going to go too far wrong. [/ooc]

“Roger Red Six.” Richard replied as he pushed the throttle to the bar and banked hard to his right, barrel rolling into a full power dive towards New York. “Ok,” he mutters to himself, “with full throttle and a seventy degree angle, a dive from five thousand feet should take…” a warble sounds in the cockpit and the radar warning board lights up like a beacon. “Too long.”

Richard glances back at the craft trailing him and swears, no way he can outrun one of those. Still, these days the slowest part of any aircraft is the pilot - so that’s what you have to beat - he flexes his left hand and reaches for the engine controls; just a little bit closer…

Richard wrenches the stick back and pushes the engines into landing configuration, at the same time extending the flaps fully. With a jolt the saber surges upward and decelerates with a force slightly short of hitting a brick wall – but only for a moment. Almost before the flaps have extended they are already folding back into place as Richard pushes the nose down again. The harpy screams by under him; Richard can’t really blame him for it – but he can take advantage of it – he arms one of his missiles and fires it off, illuminating the hostile craft with his nose radar.

Last edited by Richpur; 22 Jul 2005 at 23:01. Reason: Added IC stuff to avoid double posting.
Richpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 02:53   #32
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

[ooc]Hope I'm not too late. Course if I'd be the feather that broke th camel, as it were. Then I've no objection to waiting for the other thread to surface. And use this character in that.[/ooc]

Name: Jack Nakata
Former Job: New York City Police officer
Class: WAVE rider
Background:
Jack's father was a commander in the CDF and Jack's place of birth holds little sway over his life as his family moved around a lot, even spending his seventh year on Mars. On his tenth birthday, having returned to Earth, Jack's father took him on a tour of the military base where he worked. Bored with his fathers excavations of the mountains of paperwork on his desk Jack slipped away onto the base. More by luck than judgement he managed to make his way into the WAV hangar. The instant he saw the giant armoured humanoid machines he was enthralled. He was found, trying to puzzle out how to get into the vehicle, by a couple of technicians. Rather than return him immediately to his father (who'd still not noticed his son was missing) the technicians actually let him have a stab at piloting the giant mech, or at least piloting the simulator. He didn't do too well, managing to fall over a virtual car and half-demolish a building, causing dozens of virtual casualties. Finally his father noticed his son was missing and the technicians were forced to return the grinning child, for the sake of shutting off the alarms ringing throughout the base.

Shortly after that incident Jack's father was reassigned back to Mars, Jack's mother elected to stay behind this time and so Jack's father all but disappeared from his life. Jacks new obsession with WAVs and the recently emerging WAVEs grew over the next six years, he started working harder in school, having been told (half-jokingly) that he'd never be allowed to pilot one again unless he did well academically. And well he did, achieving top grades in electronics, physics, maths and computing. Sadly, towards the end of his school days, his mother was diagnosed with an incurable brain tumor. Over the next few months his mother's condition slowly worsened as she was put on one expensive and experimental therapy after another. Jack's father didn't return home until the funeral. Jack's father expected his son to return to Mars with him or to enrol in the military, but Jack refused, angrily distancing himself from his father.

He enrolled in one of the top universities studying Advanced Robotics and WAVE design with a scholarship from Majestic Inc. Two years into his course he recieved news that his father had died, some kind of an accident on Mars' surface. Rumours filtered down to him that his father had been investigating one of Majestics WAVE production factories and that his death was considered highly supicious. Jack nearly left university because of the incident, but instead he chose to stay on the course, though he severed ties with Majestic Inc, financing his studies with the money his father had left him. He graduated with honours, and flatly refused the employment invitation sent to him by Majestic Inc.

He surprised everyone by enrolling at the New York police academy, university graduates didn't normally go on to such jobs, certainly all the other graduates from his course accepted the offers of employment sent to them by Majestic Inc. Because of the area of his degree Jack was fast-tracked onto the WAVE training program. He's proven himself to be an all-rounder in terms of ability, with definate leanings towards tactical analysis. He was assigned to the squad six months ago, and has handled no more than four missions, not that he's complaining. He rather enjoys being paid to sit around, chat with techies and help out with repairs and maintenance; and, of course, gently dig for dirt on Majestic Inc.

Of course, the last few days things have been somewhat different...

Last edited by Spritely Zombie; 29 Jul 2005 at 17:08.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 03:46   #33
Shadow275
Commandant

Quote:
Shadow275

/ooc For now, I'll let you have your cybernetic enhancement, especially since it is experimental and such. I may, however, disallow certain functions, and your damaged eye can still only see if black and white. ooc/

You had come into the office today, as you did everyday, ready to continue your experiments. Today, you were going to run Rodger, the mouse who you had equipped with cyberware, through a maze. The trick was that there were several locked gates throughout the maze, which Rodger would have to open by interfacing with them. Past tests had shown that, given the proper encouragement, Rodger could interface with simple electronic equipment like the maze gates, but this would be the first time he would have to do so while being timed, and under significant stress. "Doctor, we're ready to begin recording the run. You may let Rodger in whenever you're ready." One of your lab assistants reports, as another gently deposits Rodger's cage on the table in front of you.
"Thank you" Farle said to his assistants, "Hopefully old Rodger will actually manage it today". Removing Rodger from the cage, he gently strokes him while checking his cybernetic implant, activating it. Placing the little rat into the maze, yet holding him in position, he informs the assistants to activate the timers and also tells them to activate the 'Overwatch' wireless network for the doors.

"Ok, on three...one...two...three.." He says, releasing Rodger.

The rat does what he usually did when he encountered a maze, he didn't move for several seconds, as if trying to remember what his objective was, then suddenly started running through it at his usual fast speed. He encounters the first door and, after a moment and some confusion, opens it. the second door proves to be more complicate in activation and little Rodger struggles, his heart rate increases along with brain activity and then, suddenly, the Overwatch system announces Rodger has somehow managed to interface with its operating system and has set all doors to 'open'. Considering the implant was not encoded for operating system interfaces, this proves to be quite shocking for the Doctor and his assistants.

Farle quickly deactivates Rodgers Neurological implant and returns him to his cage, along with two chocolate bits as a prize.

"Well that was entirely unexpected," Farle says, a big grin on his face, "But that shall certainly prove to be a very interesting note in my Research Journal"
"Now, could you bring me the arms from the supply room, Janet?" Farle asks.
"Yes, Doctor" Janet replies, slipping out with her strange quiet grace.
"Now, Rachel, could you do me a favor and set up the safety room for the test? Its time for me to become the lab rat..."
"Sure"

Farle pulled a small case from his lab coat and opened it, inside was a small remote control and screwdriver. He removed them, carefully placing the case on the table, then pulled back his hair and gently inserted the screwdriver into the implant's hole. with a twist the implant power light flashed, showing it was operational, Farle then engaged the remote and enabled the interface.

At first, there was only a gentle coloured light from his damaged eye, then, when his brain had understood and accepted the interface, a small menu displayed inside his mind, the options were simple:

Enable wireless
Power options
Disable implant

Of course, its not like there was alot of things to put on the menu, but Farle smiled anyway, the implant worked and that was pretty much what he wanted. He selected 'Enable Wireless' and waited for Janet to return with the four powered robotic arms.
Fire and Ice
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 00:24   #34
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectre
March 15th, 2065

Bakan

Somehow, you had managed to get seperated from the rest of your squadron - or maybe you were just the last one left out of your squadron: the radio had been deathly silent for quite some time now. Your time in the sky hadn't been quite so boring, however: more than one Majestic fighter had attempted to jump you, and so far while all of them had died trying, you have taken some battle damage. Suddenly, in the skies below you, you can make out the blocky outline of a Majestic X-26 Battle Axe bomber lining up for a run against some target below. The bomber appeared to be alone, although you knew that didn't equal defenseless: there was likely a tailgunner present.
Grumbling as he struggled with the controls, Bakan watched his screens for any signs of enemy activity. The early morning patrol run had started normally, then all hell broke loose, with Majestic ships appearing out of nowhere. Most of his squadron was taken by surprise, and only a lucky move had saved his gunship from a similar fate. The time since then had been taken with Bakan taking a hit and run role, while trying to hail friendly forces to find out what the hell was going on.

Checking his scopes, Bakan swears as he sees a Majestic X-26 bomber below him. The X-26's, with their rear gunner turret were nasty pieces of work, but still killable. Rolling over, Bakan winces as the G's hit him as he accelerated, using gravity and his engines to boost his speeds. As he closed in, he saw the turret start to turn, then flare as it opened fire. Yanking hard against his yoke, Bakan rolled his gunship to the side, while depressing his own trigger, returning fire with his chainguns. With a flick of a thumb switch, Bakan then armed one of his last missiles, and while dodging and rolling, firing his chainguns at everyone opprotunity, waiting for the computer to register a target lock, and as soon as it did, Bakan pulled another trigger, launching his missile towards the X-26.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 13:39   #35
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
March 15th, 2065

Hewitt

"Hey, you *ssholes!! Wait for us!!!" Christopher Ling, your fellow WAVE Rider and wingman, shouted as he stomped his Shogun WAV towards the civilian ship. In reply, the ship finished closing its boarding ramp, and then activated its engines, slowly pushing it up off of the duracrete landing strip. A moment later, and it was off, slowly getting smaller as it continued ascending, clawing out of the atmosphere before the swarms of Majestic gunships could shoot it down. "Well, that was great. Now what?"
*Hewitt felt unnaturally calm as he watched the civilian dropship power away. He couldn't really blame them really, after all, he knew what it was like to have the world as you know it completely crumble around you in an instant.*

"Now we look for another transport before there isn't any left."

*Hewitt turned his Kensai away from the launch site and headed off in a random direction not really caring if Ling followed or not. It didn't matter if there was another transport or not really, all that mattered was survival for now... and that meant they had to keep moving.*

*He'd learn't a long time ago the importance of staying mobile in a combat zone.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 17:45   #36
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Darkling

As you decide what to do, you notice one of the bank tellers run over to the Commonwealth soldier and hurridly attempt to push him back outside. Although somewhat wounded, the soldier was still determined, and he was armed. The soldier brandished his sidearm angrily, causing the teller to back off a bit, but not enough to get him to stop talking. Pushing yourself up from your chair with an angry huff, you walk over to the two of them, tapping the teller on the shoulder and making shooing motions with your other hand. Directing your attention to the Commonwealth soldier for a moment, you say to him, "You better get in the back, maybe some of the staff know somewhere. Whether they find you here or not, I do not suppose it makes a big difference on them deciding to execute or imprison us. Having the favor owed by a commonwealth soldier might come in handy later on." Now faced by opponents on both sides, the male teller wisely decides to withdraw, allowing the soldier to hobble further into the
building. One of the more helpful tellers then comes forward, directing the soldier into one of the offices located behind the counter. Spying the bank manager standing nearby with a frown on his face, you decide he's not looking happy enough, and so you go over to him and poke him abruptly in the chest. "Whatever your name is, get this man in the back before whoever is chasing him gets here, would prefer to die gawking like a fool or at least die with some
pride. Now hop to it, time is short" The bank manager nods numbly, and goes to help the soldier into the back offices. Your concern is justified, as a moment after the soldier slips into the office, the main doors burst open again, and three Majestic soldiers stride into the room. They look around the bank for a moment, and then the lead one screams at the nearest teller, "WHERE IS THE COMMONWEALTH DOG!!? MY MEN SAW HIM COME IN HERE!!!" The teller bites her lip nervously, looking around as if a credible lie will present itself naturally. Unfortunately, her gaze starts shifting towards the back office, where the soldier was hidden, and the soldiers naturally follow her gaze . . .

mrmao

/ooc Yup, that was a pretty good post. ooc/

Slowly, so as not to make any sudden movements that might catch their attention, you move your rifle into position and line its sights up with the head of the last soldier in line, the one that was constantly stopping to check six. As he turns to check behind the group for the last time, you slowly exhale, and then pull the trigger. The heavy rifle slug, still part of a 7.62 cartridge, but
with much greater velocity than in the past due to improvements in gunpowder, punches through the soldier's helmet with ease, and reduces his head to little more than a fountain of blood. As the sound of the shot echoes through the street, the man collapses like so many other of your victims, and you pull the rifle completely out of sight. Although you want to watch the results, you know that doing so would probably draw attention to yourself: and besides, that
was what the spotter was for. As you worked the action back and then forward to chamber a new round, you heard your radio crackle to life. "They've all dived for cover, four on the left and five on the right. Their backs are to us at the moment, looks like picking off the rearguard got them thinking that there's more of us than there really are. Uh oh, the leader is barking orders,
they're pulling back towards us, still covering the rear. Looks like they're trying to take cover in a building - sh*t, they're trying to take cover in my building. Take them out!"

No Dachi

You run towards the building, your powered armor enhancing your speed somewhat, while thoughts of your future plans run equally fast through your head. Converting Commonwealth credits over to gold was good, even in these times gold was still worth something. By tomorrow, Commonwealth credits wouldn't be worth sh*t. You pass a mailbox, pounded into the ground at the end of the house's modest driveway. It, like the house, had its street address blazonded on it in black: 116. Now at the house, you can see that it was a sedate two-story affair with a built-on garage, all painted white. Walking up to the front door, you can see that it was made out of a heavy wood of some sort: oak, you would wager. Trying the doorknob, you found it obviously locked. Although it would probably be a simple effort to burst the door down, particularly with your enhanced strength, that would make noise, and a broken door would no
longer make the house an unremarkable member of the street. In addition, there was a sticker firmly affixed to one of the door's windows: a blue and white one with the letters ADT on it. Although unlikely that the security company had no other problems to deal with than a simple break-and-enter attempt, with your luck, the company would send a team to check out only this house.

Richpur

/ooc That's correct. ooc/

As the missile lock warning warble turns into a scream, you jerk your gunship out of its dive with a "landing" attempt. With a shriek of protest from your gunship's engines and frame, you rapidly deaccelrate, and a fist slams into your chest as the g-forces catch up with you. A second later, however, you swing your gunship back down towards the pavement, just in time to watch the
Harpy flash past you at near-full speed. The pilot, thankfully, hadn't gotten the chance to fire off a missile, otherwise you would probably be an expanding cloud of vapor by now. It was now your chance to return the favor, however, as you accelerate to follow the Harpy as best as you could, while readying a missile. Hearing the firm buzz of a positie missile lock, you fire, watching as the missile carves a thin vapor trail into the sky as it crosses from your gunship to the Harpy. Unfortunately, you're not the only one with a few tricks, as the Harpy's pilot dumps a small metal sphere from its back-end and rapidly banks away. The decoy tumbles through the air for a second, and explodes a moment later as your missile firmly swings
around to collide with it. This wasn't the first time this had happened, however - Majestic had apparently developed some new kind of missile decoy, which was most effective. It wasn't perfect, however, as sometimes the decoy didn't activate in time, or even at all. In any case, your missile had failed to hit its target, and now the Harpy was rapidly diving and banking around to your right: no doubt attempting to loop around to try and come up on you from below and behind.

Spritely Zombie

"Keep moving! The sonofab*tch is right behind us!!!" Your "wingman", Jordan Knight shouts in warning, as yet another rifle slug whistles past your cockpit. Clearly, the Majestic Viper that had been doggedly chasing you for half an hour was still right behind you. Although slightly faster than your own Shogun, you had been using your knowledge of NYC's streets and backalleys to take a winding course through the city, making it difficult for the Viper's WAVE Rider to use his superior top speed. Now, however, you seem to be in trouble, as all the alleyways along this one-way street were either too small to allow your WAV to pass through, or blocked off by wreckage. Two blocks ahead of you, however, you can see a four-way intersection . . . if you can just survive for that long, maybe you can switch streets, hopefully onto one with more WAV-friendly entry and exit points. Your heart sinks, however, as you spy another Majestic WAVE, a Banshee, step into the intersection from the intersecting street.

Shadow275

Inspired by Roger's smashing success, you decide it's time to test your implant. You instruct Janet to retrieve the robotic arms from the supply closet, as you pull a small case from your coat. Inside was a small screwdriver and a remote. Gingerly, you remove the screwdriver and bring its tip up to the implant's socket, located just above and to the left of your temple. For an instant you envision pressing the screwdriver into the socket too hard, driving the implant through the thin bone wall of your skull and into your brain, killing you instantly, but a moment later you dismiss the thought as foolishness. You activate the implant, and then are startled a moment later as a loud commotion erupts outside the door to the lab. You nearly do ram your screwdriver deeper into the socket, but manage to control your muscles and carefully remove the screwdriver from the implant's activation socket. A moment later, the lab door bursts open, revealing no less than five men, fully clad in powered infantry armor. One of them is holding Janet painfully by the arm, and throws her into the room as soon as the door is open. The soldier in the lead then speaks. "This labratory is being recquisitioned by the Majestic Corporation for the duration of the current crisis. Which one of you is Doctor Farle?"

Bakan

Diving down towards the X-26, you start performing barrel rolls as soon as the rear turret gunner starts firing at you. You return fire with your own chainguns, and although many of the high-caliber bullets hit, they do little more than gnaw away a tiny portion of the thick armor plating that the X-26 was equipped with. Shrug this off You think as you fire off one of the last of your missiles. Your heart sinks as the bomber simply launches a small metal sphere, not even bothering to take evasive action. This time, however, the fancy new Majestic missile decoy fails, and the pilot's arrogance costs him as the missile continues speeding towards his bomber. At the last instant, realizing the danger, the rear gunner attempts to direct his stream of lead into the path of the missile, but he is too late as the warhead slams into the rear of the bomber, just above the rear gunner's seat. A large explosion, followed by a truly massive one, confirms that your shot touched the bomber's ammunition racks, completely destroying the gunship and giving you yet another kill - but would there be anyone left to stencil those onto your craft? Your comm channel suddenly and unexpectedly crackles to life. "Greyhound 1 to Unidentified gunship - do you copy? Hey, thanks for the help: that bomber was coming around for another run to finish us off."

Hewitt

"Eh, I hate to break it to you buddy, but I'm thinking that transport was the last one that is going to be lifting off from this spaceport for a long time." Christopher replied, swinging his own Kensai around to follow after you. Looking around the spaceport through your cockpit, you were sadly forced to agree: black smoke poured from numerous locations around the spaceport, both from the wreckage of numerous transport ships, as well as the various control towers and hangers. What few survivors there were, were quickly fleeing or being put out of their misery by the countless Majestic troops and WAVEs sweeping through the spaceport. Speaking of which, you suddenly notice a Majestic Banshee swing out from around the ruins of a hanger and take a pot shot at you, the rifle slug slamming into your WAVE's right shin and nearly causing you to topple over. The Banshee quickly ducks out of sight behind the hanger - waiting for you to turn your back so it can get another cheap shot, or hoping to lead you into another cowardly ambush? There was no way to be certain, except to move to engage it . . .
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.

Last edited by Inspectre; 29 Jul 2005 at 17:50.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 18:21   #37
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Crap Gareth thought. A sinper rifle didn't have the best rate of fire for taking out a whole squad at once. He only had one chance. It all hinged on the initave of the average Majestic soldier. He moved back into postion. The leader was his next target. It wasn't hard to find him he was the shouting orders despite the fact that his men were allready executing the order he had given. Gareth grinned, typical, shout at them and of course they will do it faster, but hay thats military thinking for you.

With them no moving at a increased pace things were going to get more interesting. It really would not be a challenge, just a little more excitement. He sighted on the leader, he really was adimant about getting his men inot that buliding, he had stood up to deliver a swift kick in the pants to one of the slower men. Even better make himslef an easier target. As the leader pulled his leg back to deliver the kick, Gareth exhaled again. As the kick was fired so was Gareth rifle aimed at the leader. Gareth slid back into cover, and began reloading for another shot.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:33   #38
No Dachi

Edward groaned inwardly and snatched a quick look back over his right shoulder. Suburbia stretched out behind him, empty and silent - though in the distance he could see the dark forms of some of the larger Majestic aircraft hovering sinister over the New York skyline. Edward turned back to the door. It would have to be a pretty poor house alarm not to go off if he smashed the front door in, but was there that much chance of a security team actually arriving to check the house when half the city was a warzone? But then, if they did respond, the situation would become rather more complicated. There was only one thing for it. Feeling a little foolish, Edward lifted his power gauntlet-ed right arm and rapped smartly on the front door with his steel-clad knuckles. This done, he waited patiently to see if there was an answer.

Unread 30 Jul 2005, 03:54   #39
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Spritely Zombie

"Keep moving! The sonofab*tch is right behind us!!!" Your "wingman", Jordan Knight shouts in warning, as yet another rifle slug whistles past your cockpit. Clearly, the Majestic Viper that had been doggedly chasing you for half an hour was still right behind you. Although slightly faster than your own Shogun, you had been using your knowledge of NYC's streets and backalleys to take a winding course through the city, making it difficult for the Viper's WAVE Rider to use his superior top speed. Now, however, you seem to be in trouble, as all the alleyways along this one-way street were either too small to allow your WAV to pass through, or blocked off by wreckage. Two blocks ahead of you, however, you can see a four-way intersection . . . if you can just survive for that long, maybe you can switch streets, hopefully onto one with more WAV-friendly entry and exit points. Your heart sinks, however, as you spy another Majestic WAVE, a Banshee, step into the intersection from the intersecting street.
The rifle slug that had just shot past his cockpit more closely resembled a shell from a battle tank's main cannon than a round from an infantry weapon. He was lucky they resembled the infantry weapon in terms of accuracy though, his somewhat outdated Shogun was not only slower than the Viper, they'd only managed to outmaneuver it on account of the Viper being slightly larger; even less able to navigate back-alleys than them. If the other pilot had caught them in the open and taken the time to aim, this chase would've been somewhat shorter.

Another slug whistled past; impacting an abandoned car on the road in front of him, sending it spinning through the air before coming to an abrupt, flaming stop several dozen meters down the road.

"Crap." he whispered under his breath as he spots the Banshee step into the intersection. He was slightly relieved that it didn't seem that the pilot had noticed them bearing down on him.

Too late to stop, there're no other exits. Guess we'll have to just go through him

He didn't even have time to swear again as the Banshee turned to face them, bringing it's weapons to bear; but it was too late. Jack brought his Shogun's armoured fist straight into the Banshee's chest plating with enough force to crush concrete.

[ooc]Any chance of a little more info on the weapons/WAVEs I'm facing/equipped with. For some reason I see the Viper as being some kind of Heavy Assault WAVE (or else we'd have been better off taking it on than running) and the Banshee being Medium/Light, probably of similar class to the Shogun. Just checking that's in even the vaguest sense correct.[/ooc]
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 15:34   #40
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie

You, along with the two surviving Commonwealth soldiers of your unit, are quickly making your way towards the spaceport in an attempt to get off the planet as per your orders. Unfortunately, some wierd crab-like WAVE encountered the APC you were riding in a few blocks back, and almost as an after-thought, sawed it neatly in half with a capital-ship grade primary (energy) beam. Most of your unit was killed from the beam, vaporized by the energy beam's intense heat, or died when the tattering remains of the APC slammed into a building at 50 mph. Somehow, you were thrown clear of the wreck, and when you came to several minutes later, found that only you and two others had survived. Hoping to avoid another encounter with that hideous WAVE, you and the others had stuck to the back alleyways, slowly winding you way towards the spaceport. You are only three blocks away from the spaceport's edge when, as you approach the exit of an alleyway, encounter a Majestic soldier. Walking past the openning, he looks down to see the three of you, and swings his SMG up and around to bear, firing off a hasty burst before sidestepping out of the alleyway's openning and out of sight. You can hear him shouting excitedly into his radio, however, and probably in a few minutes you were going to have company. Lots of company.

Yah, I’m cooking up a new character. The whole ‘issues’-thing don’t float the TSW boat, y’know. Not for me at least.

Alfred “Fluffie” Schans
About 26 years old. Had a gap year (in France ffs) after finishing school, then decided to join the military. Never got round to having a lasting relation, couldn’t bothered to get a place on his own, so still lives in with parents when not serving. Nothing really special, no issues.
Military Powered Infantry

//

F*ck! thought Alfred, as loud as he could in his own mind; but probably still the only one hearing it. The lonely Majestic soldier suddenly firing of a burst of bullets down the alley had startled him and he had instinctively pushed himself against the wall. He, nor his remaining squadmates were hit, but judging from the radio chit chat, Majestic planned on having a party, right about here. Letting his weapon hang by its sling, he with one hand signals the other two to stay put and get cover, while with his other he gets out a grenade. Pulling the pin and silently counting, he throws it around the corner with enough force to cover a fair distance. Throwing it a bit late, he doesn’t give the Majestic much time to react.

As soon as the ‘nade flies, Fluffie grabs his Assault Rifle and prepares to move, just waiting those short few moments for the explosion. As soon the explosive goes off, Fluffie gives another hand signal, telling his mates to follow him as they move in. Weapon at the ready, finger on the trigger, Fluffie moves in, ready to shoot...

//

Sorry Mr. Inspectre
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 16:10   #41
Darkling

Pausing to take breath and let the words slowly sink in, Berwyn knocked his head backwards with a sigh.
“Don’t you realise that you have room full of panic stricken civilians, who have no idea what is going on. Shouting orders is hardly going to break the preverbal ice now is it?”
Berwyn’s sights staying fixed onto hers throughout all of this, a gun was a gun, a soldier was a soldier, items and people where a common sight in his youth.

“I do not know whether you’re an officer or not but if this is the training they are giving soldiers and officers these days, well the powers that be have certainly lacked in their responsibilities. You do not even posses an inkling of manners or social skills”
Nodding his head side to side with a frowned expression taking a long drawn breath at this whole affair.
“Now do really think that if this so called soldier came in here these people are organised enough to hide them, they are scared out of their minds not sure if they are going live through this and your not helping by waving those guns around. I don’t care whether you are commonwealth or majestic to me you are all a waste of space, but I am deviating from the point which is no we have seen no soldier, nor is anyone in any state to go to the rescue of one either”
An ambiguous scowl emerging on his lips, hoping that this at least could delay them and add some time their search, turning around and waving his arm out towards some of the more visibly scared purposely.
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 03:47   #42
Shadow275
Commandant

Quote:
Shadow275

Inspired by Roger's smashing success, you decide it's time to test your implant. You instruct Janet to retrieve the robotic arms from the supply closet, as you pull a small case from your coat. Inside was a small screwdriver and a remote. Gingerly, you remove the screwdriver and bring its tip up to the implant's socket, located just above and to the left of your temple. For an instant you envision pressing the screwdriver into the socket too hard, driving the implant through the thin bone wall of your skull and into your brain, killing you instantly, but a moment later you dismiss the thought as foolishness. You activate the implant, and then are startled a moment later as a loud commotion erupts outside the door to the lab. You nearly do ram your screwdriver deeper into the socket, but manage to control your muscles and carefully remove the screwdriver from the implant's activation socket. A moment later, the lab door bursts open, revealing no less than five men, fully clad in powered infantry armor. One of them is holding Janet painfully by the arm, and throws her into the room as soon as the door is open. The soldier in the lead then speaks. "This labratory is being recquisitioned by the Majestic Corporation for the duration of the current crisis. Which one of you is Doctor Farle?"
Farle removed his glasses with an unusual calm for the situation, placing them in the top pocket of his labcoat.

"That, gentleman, would be me, now if you could release my assistant and tell me what the blue hell this is all about, it would be most helpful"

ooc/- Apart from kicking their asses, I couldn't think of much else to do, sorry /ooc
Fire and Ice
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 19:44   #43
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Quote:
Bakan

Diving down towards the X-26, you start performing barrel rolls as soon as the rear turret gunner starts firing at you. You return fire with your own chainguns, and although many of the high-caliber bullets hit, they do little more than gnaw away a tiny portion of the thick armor plating that the X-26 was equipped with. Shrug this off You think as you fire off one of the last of your missiles. Your heart sinks as the bomber simply launches a small metal sphere, not even bothering to take evasive action. This time, however, the fancy new Majestic missile decoy fails, and the pilot's arrogance costs him as the missile continues speeding towards his bomber. At the last instant, realizing the danger, the rear gunner attempts to direct his stream of lead into the path of the missile, but he is too late as the warhead slams into the rear of the bomber, just above the rear gunner's seat. A large explosion, followed by a truly massive one, confirms that your shot touched the bomber's ammunition racks, completely destroying the gunship and giving you yet another kill - but would there be anyone left to stencil those onto your craft? Your comm channel suddenly and unexpectedly crackles to life. "Greyhound 1 to Unidentified gunship - do you copy? Hey, thanks for the help: that bomber was coming around for another run to finish us off."
Watching the remaining explosions, Incom sighed with relief. When he saw the missile decoy launched, he thought his missile would fail, but thankfully it failed, repaying the pilot of the bomber for his or her arrogance.

"First rule, if missile is fired at you, and you have anti-missile devices, still you ****ing MOVE BIATCH" was a favorite quote from Incom's old flight instructor.

Thinking about what to do next, Incom hears his comm channel activate with a clear signal.

"Greyhound 1 to Unidentified gunship - do you copy? Hey, thanks for the help: that bomber was coming around for another run to finish us off."

Toggling his swtich, Incom tried to look up where the signal was coming from, while toggling his comm channel.

"This is Bakan, detached from Black Hound squadron, I copy. What is your situation, and also, what the **** is going on? Do you require further assistance? Over."
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 21:55   #44
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richard watches the missile down until a change in tone signals its change to internal radar. He pulls into a hard bank left and spirals into a vertical climb under full afterburner, just hearing the missile’s explosion over the roar as his craft rockets upwards. ‘Good,’ he thinks, ‘one less to worry about.’

A few seconds into his climb a warning note sounds in the standardised military version of “Don’t be so hasty yah cheeky little bugger.” Also known in more technical circles as the radar detection warning indicator. Richard glances down at the display and sees the source details, frequency and phase modulation match exactly – if this isn’t his old friend it’s one with a radar from the same batch. This time no clever plans come to mind and Richard falls back on training, the throttles get cut to idle, reducing the vessel’s heat signature – with the proliferation of radar absorbent materials heat seeking missiles were once again coming into play – and the stick twisted round, spinning the craft round on the flat to avoid presenting the larger wing surface to his prospective killer.

As his ship swings round it slows until it faces directly down at the harpy and begins to slide downwards as gravity and the minimal thrust combine. Still out of range, Richard arms his cannon and sprays the air below with slugs before putting full thrust back in and powering downward; fully aware that he has no chance of getting a lock before his opponent can open fire.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 14:26   #45
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

"Eh, I hate to break it to you buddy, but I'm thinking that transport was the last one that is going to be lifting off from this spaceport for a long time." Christopher replied, swinging his own Kensai around to follow after you. Looking around the spaceport through your cockpit, you were sadly forced to agree: black smoke poured from numerous locations around the spaceport, both from the wreckage of numerous transport ships, as well as the various control towers and hangers. What few survivors there were, were quickly fleeing or being put out of their misery by the countless Majestic troops and WAVEs sweeping through the spaceport. Speaking of which, you suddenly notice a Majestic Banshee swing out from around the ruins of a hanger and take a pot shot at you, the rifle slug slamming into your WAVE's right shin and nearly causing you to topple over. The Banshee quickly ducks out of sight behind the hanger - waiting for you to turn your back so it can get another cheap shot, or hoping to lead you into another cowardly ambush? There was no way to be certain, except to move to engage it . . .
--------------------------
Note - for reference, equipment load outs as follows:

Ling
2x Ingstan SMG

Hewitt
Ingstan Longbow (Right arm)
Kavlex Leveler (Left arm)
--------------------------

"F*ck!"

*Hewitt fought to keep his WAVE upright after taking a direct hit to the shin. Cursing his lack of attention, Hewitt quickly scans the area and spots his assailant just in time to see the majestic Banshee duck back behind the hanger.*

"Alright then Ling. In that case I say we try to get the f*ck outta here before the entire invasion force dogpiles us... but let's deal with mister smilie over there first m'kay? Three bingo foxtrot."

*Three bingo foxtrot was one of the strike codes that Hawkeye used in his unit so he figured Ling would know what he meant. This code was pretty simple and basically meant "Back and Front" or in laymans terms - I'll take the back and you take the front... it was a pretty standard tactic for storming buildings.*

Let's just hope it's as good at storming corporate stooges who like taking cheap shots as it is at flushing out two-bit crooks...

*Turning around, Hewitt gathers his WAVE and puts her into full throttle. He heads for the opposite side of the hanger aimming to follow it around until he reached the enemy WAVE. The idea was that the pilot of the majestic Banshee would be too busy with his partner Ling to notice Hewitt come up from behind and stick a double load of solid slug up his arse....... at least, in theory.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 04:04   #46
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

mrmao

Attempting to slow, if not stop, the squad's advance into the apartment building, you drop your sights over the squad leader. A mere sergeant by the looks of him, he was none the less energetically urging his men forward into the building, no doubt cursing and swearing. As he pulls his foot back to deliver a kick to the rear of the slowest moving member of the squad, you settle your sights firmly on his head. A moment after his foot impacts with the soldier's rear, your bullet impacts against his head, covering the slow-moving soldier's backside with blood and gore. Thankfully, the remainder of the squad hasn't determined your position yet, although they do all hurry into the lobby of the apartment building. Thankfully, the lobby had large, wall-sized glass windows looking out onto the street. With any luck, you'd be able to get one or two more shots off before they all fled out of sight. Despite the possibility of firing into the lobby, the surviving soldiers were not stupid, and most of them had ducked behind a pillar or piece of furniture. They were unlikely to remain hidden for long: every soldier knew that being pinned down was a prelude to death or capture. "How many are left, and are they still coming? Should I evacuate my position?" Your spotter asks, her voice filled with tension.

No Dachi

You rap smartly on the door, knowing that you couldn't possibly defeat the house's security systems with your advanced equipment. Unfortunately, there is no answer from inside: either the person living here had already fled, taking the time to lock the front door, or was cowering in the basement and couldn't hear your knock. You wait a minute, and then rap on the door again, louder this time as you put some of your enhanced strength behind it. Still no answer, and this time you ring the door bell for good measure. "Raaow?" Turning around, you see the cat from before sitting a foot away, looking at you inquisitively. With a soft purr, the cat stands up and pads up to you, rubbing one side of its head against your armored legs.

Spritely Zombie

/ooc The Viper is actually a medium WAVE, while the Banshee is a light-class model. Of course, both of them are significantly more advanced than your old NYPD WAV. You could probably take the Viper on, but it would likely cost you. And yeah, WAVE "rifles" are basically tank cannons. ooc/

As the Banshee steps into the intersection, it begins to turn to face the two of you, as the WAVE's pilot no doubt notices the two sudden red blips on his sensor screen. He has just enough time to fully turn his WAVE to face you, and begin raising his Banshee's machine gun, before your Shogun's fist slams into his chestplate. Caught flat-footed, the Banshee staggers back as its pilot struggles to regain control. The pilot almost manages to regain his machine's footing, before stomping down on a packed car. The car is immediately crushed like an egg under the heavy machine, but it’s still enough to finish unbalancing it, and the Majestic WAVE crashes to the street, its right arm flailing out to smash through the front of an apartment building. "Woohoo! Nice one!" Jordan calls as he dashes down the street that the Banshee had come from, stopping just long enough to riddle its chassis with gunfire from his machine gun. A moment later, the pavement next to your Shogun's right foot explodes in a shower of asphalt as another rifle slug from the Viper almost finds its mark. It was close now, and the pilot had only missed because he had rushed the shot.

Fluffie

/ooc Aw. No wife and kids for me to butcher like animals? ooc/

Signaling your men to wait, you pull a grenade from your belt, and flick the pin out. You count to two, and then throw, immediately readying your weapon with the intent to charge forward the moment the grenade detonates. You don't even have to wait that long, as a second after the grenade disappears around the corner of the alleyway, the Majestic soldier comes sprinting across the alleyway, no doubt hoping to get away from your 'nade before it detonates. He also clearly hopes that you'll keep your head down as he fires his machine gun wildly. Unfortunately for him, you don't keep your head down, even as several rounds wizz past it. You return his wild firings with a short burst of your own, the Assault rifle's slugs tearing a bloody line into his torso. He drops to the ground, dead, and a moment later your grenade detonates, tearing several new deep gashes into his body with its shrapnel. A gunship suddenly roars in low over the streets, and judging by its coloration, it wasn't friendly. Worse yet, you see it stop in mid-air about a block or two away, hovering there while black lines and shapes emerge from its sides.

Darkling

The Majestic soldier, interrupted from his interrogation of the woman by you, turns to face you with a scowl. He angrily listens to your explanation, and then sighs. "You're right, sir, where are my manners? Very well then, time is short. My men and I were following a Commonwealth pilot in an attempt to apprehend him before he was able to inflict any more harm on the city. One of my men saw him duck in here, but I believe you when you say that you are not harboring him. Still, protocol demands that I search this building, and so I shall search it. With just the three of us, however, that could take sometime, and I'm afraid none of you will be allowed to leave until we are finished." The soldier sneers, looking around the room at everyone as if going outside right now was a reward, instead of a punishment. "Of course, should anyone be able to provide any information as to his whereabouts, I am sure some sort of monetary reward could be provided to the responsible party . . . " He adds a moment later, continuing to sweep the room with his eyes. No one steps forward, however, and a moment later he signals his men with a grunt. The two of them fan out away from him, one heading towards the back offices, the other towards the restroom. "So, dear sir, do you have any money invested in Majestic stocks? I imagine after today, they will soar." The leader asks you with a confident smirk.

Shadow275

/ooc No, it's fine. Being polite to soldiers is what I expected. ooc/

The lead soldier looks at you, and nods in reply. "Ah, good. Another squad will be here shortly to secure the rest of the building, but for now, I am under orders to escort you to the nearest Majestic command post. The rest of your staff will remain here, of course, and wait for the second squad to arrive and process them. I am sure that they will also be re-assigned to projects of interest to them. I will give you five minutes to ready your things, doctor, and then we will leave. Make whatever preparations are necessary during that time." The lead soldier then turns back to his men, whispering an order to them. The four of them spread out from the doorway, taking up positions around the room and adding to the sudden air of menace in the room.

Bakan

"This is Lt. Rames of Beta Company, 41st Infantry Division. We just barely made it out of our base in time before Majestic blasted it from orbit. As such, we're a bit light on equipment, and could use some air support. We're attempting to get to the spaceport, but there's a Majestic tank around the corner and up the street that's blocking our advance. We pulled back to consider which streets we'd have to take to bypass the d*mn thing, and that's when that bomber started hitting us. So yeah, do you think you could give us a bit more assistance before bugging out? I imagine it's just as much H*ll up there as it is down here."

Richpur

You test-fire your gatling guns, and note with relief that they, at least, haven’t failed you as yet. Swooping down towards the Majestic Harpy, you note with surprise that the missile lock warning isn't ringing in your ears yet. A moment later, you get your explanation as the Harpy fires its own guns, the stream of lead impacting against your right wing and chewing off a small piece of armor plating. The cheeky bugger apparently didn't consider you grave enough of a threat to make it worth firing a missile! Another blast of gunfire from the Harpy seems to confirm this, as your two gunships continue to close into optimum firing distance. Finally, your reticule flicks green as the Harpy enters optimum firing distance: if you were going to take the thing out with your main guns, now would be the time.

Hewitt

/ooc Been scavenging through the past threads, have we? ooc/

"Roger." Ling replied, swinging his Kensai around you and starting to walk towards the building. As you moved to come around the hanger from the opposite direction, you heard Ling's Ingstan Machine Gun firing, no doubt spraying the hanger and the Banshee too, if it was stupid enough to poke its head around the side. A moment later, you heard the bark of a rifle as the Banshee's pilot returned fire, evidently taking the bait. As you round the hanger's corner, however, a cold feeling settles into your gut as you see two Majestic Banshees lying in wait, only one of which was facing in the direction of Ling. The other turned to face you, greeting you with a faceful of lead from its own shotgun. The impact sends your Kensai reeling, alarms starting to buzz as your status board updates your WAV's condition and shows red in the location of your right shin.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 10:31   #47
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Name: Andrew "Qurk" Huqurkalatamal
Former Job: New York City Police Officer
Class: Powered Armour
Background: Andrew was born in 2014 in South America. His parents were French, having moved to Panama to work. His father was a GP and his mother an engineer, who helped research and develop components of the first WAVs, especially for their movement. In 2019, the family moved to New York City, where Mr. Huqurkalatamal found a job in the local hospital and Mrs. Huqurkalatamal joined a company that developed military vehicles (although not WAV/Es). The reason for the move was partly due to the job offer at the vehicles company, but also because of the Huqurkalatamals dislike of the Majestic Inc.'s domination and imposition in industries and businesses in Panama.

Andrew's mother often brought her work home, teaching him about it, which gave him a good knowledge of how various military vehicles worked. This was what led to him joining another branch of his mother's company in 2030 - involved in the repair of severely-damaged or faulty vehicles. Although an excellent mechanic, Andrew joined the NYPD several years later when the military-vehicles company ran into difficulties.

As a police officer, Andrew became a crack shot with pistols and passed all exercises with flying colours. Andrew was not promoted far, due to his unfortunate habit of not being assigned to places where he would regularly run into major incidents. Mostly he lived a fairly average career. His colleagues nicknamed him "Qurk", which came to be what everybody called him.

He joined a mechanics club, where people would spend time taking complex components apart and then practising putting them back together again. Back at the NYPD, Andrew earned some good money fixing police cars in his spare time.

During the chaos of the 2030s, Andrew made a living salvaging parts of wrecked vehicles to build new ones.

[ooc] I wrote this history too spontaneously for it to be as good as it could be. In summary, all you really need to know is that he can repair or rebuild just about anything. [/ooc]

Other: Age: 52
Hair colour: dark brown, very much going grey
Eye colour: brown
Proportions: a few inches shorter than most, and a few inches wider, but nothing dramatically unique
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:04   #48
No Dachi

Edward liked cats, so momentarily distracted he knelt down on the house's porch and scratched the cat gently between the ears with the armoured fingertips of his suit's glove. He looked around again and once more considered his options. Suburbia (thankfully?) still appeared empty, apart from himself and the cat. Edward decided once again that he had to get into this house somehow. If there was noone inside, then he would presumably have to disable the alarm. He got up and walked around the outside wall of the building, looking for the exterior alarm box that some security systems featured.

Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:25   #49
Darkling

Berwyn looked monetarily back at the soldiers as they began their search, shrugging to himself casually, there was little he could do stop them he had already risked a lot as it was maybe one of the staff members would finally decide to do something. Turning back to face the soldier with a plain expression
“Don’t suppose I could stop you, search away then if you feel you need to do I suppose that’s your job. Most of my money was invested in here, with a few stocks here and there inherited from my family”
Pausing for breath and to reach up to press his hand restlessly against his neck
“Though I don’t suppose they are worth much anymore and as for my current funds well this whole business is going to upset my carefully balanced funds. A pity really just goes to show years of work and planning can ruined in a moment, I suppose that’s how all things work don’t you think?”
Placid smirk evidently clear in a mocking gesture for a few brief seconds stretches across his face
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 07:43   #50
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

/ooc Been scavenging through the past threads, have we? ooc/

"Roger." Ling replied, swinging his Kensai around you and starting to walk towards the building. As you moved to come around the hanger from the opposite direction, you heard Ling's Ingstan Machine Gun firing, no doubt spraying the hanger and the Banshee too, if it was stupid enough to poke its head around the side. A moment later, you heard the bark of a rifle as the Banshee's pilot returned fire, evidently taking the bait. As you round the hanger's corner, however, a cold feeling settles into your gut as you see two Majestic Banshees lying in wait, only one of which was facing in the direction of Ling. The other turned to face you, greeting you with a faceful of lead from its own shotgun. The impact sends your Kensai reeling, alarms starting to buzz as your status board updates your WAV's condition and shows red in the location of your right shin.
ooc: Yuhuh. Incidently... I'm now facing three enemy waves now correct?

"Oh crap."

*Hewitt couldn't believe it. He'd walked straight into an ambush... yet again. He cursed his own stupidity as he was forced to fight with his WAV's controls for the second time in minutes thanks to a face full of majestic lead. The alarms added to the urgency of the situation, as the stress of the sudden movement brought the damage to the mechanisms in the right shim up to critical. At a loss on what to down, Hewitt started to hyperventilate as old memories of a similar situation in the past began to rise to the forefront of his mind...

[cue flashbask ]

"...their everywhere! We can't hold them off any longer!"

"Fallback to the next defensive position! We can't let these guys reach the convoy!"

*Hewitt ducked as an incoming mortar shell exploded just in front of the rocky outcrop that his Shogun WAV was using as cover. It wouldn't be long until the Tamil Tiger rebels overwhelmed their position and yet again it would be back to running. Hewitt hated running. Running so far had resulted in six of his team falling to heavy ordiance employed by the rebels, but running so far was the only thing keeping them alive. Although he didn't want to accept it, had he decided to initally hold his ground at the first point, what was left of his team would not have made it this far.*

"Roger that falling back to checkpoint delta."

"I'll lay cover while all units fallback, keep an eye out for those flankers number two."

"Roger that, stay alive out there."

*Hewitt waited to the count of three before moving out of cover and taking aim for the tree line. Sure enough as the remainder of the team had begun to fall back, some of the rebels had surged forward immediately and were now in the sights of his missile launcher and gauss rifle.*

"Some never learn."

*Hewitt fired a barrage of missiles in front of the three rebel Kensais at the same time he took aim on the centre WAV with his rifle. Doing a small mental calculation in his head, Hewitt fired at the chest of the rebel WAV just as the missiles exploded in front of the onrushing trio. As they stumbled into the sudden depression, Hewitt's slug caught the middle WAV right in the head, shattering the cockpit window and presumably killing it's pilot instantly. He ducked back down just his actions brought upon a concentration of enemy fire on his position.*

"Now comes the fun part..."

*Hewitt then ran. Turning his WAV away from the cover of the battered outcrop, Hewitt shoved his Shogun into full throttle. Hewitt wished he still had boosters, but they had been damaged in his previous flight and now he had to contend with the increased possibly of multiple rifle slugs to the back. To combat this, he swung his WAV back and forth as much as possible as mortal rounds and machine gun fire exploded all around him. A heavy whack to his WAV's shoulder complements of a rebel rifle slug nearly sent him realing but he controlled it just in time to move out of the way of a concentrated missile burst. Shaken by the close encounter, Hewitt allows himself to get clipped by machine gun fire before finally coming across his other squad mates... but it is still yet some distance to the last defensive position. It is then that Hewitt receives the message that he had been dreading.*

"Ambush! Take cov-"

*Hewitt watches as Cpl Henderson's WAV explodes under a concentrated burst of missile fire from three different directions. Hewitt immediately hammers one of the positions with missile fire of his own but gets a mortar round to the torso for his efforts. As his Shogun wavers, Hewitt watches the WAV holding Sgt John Andrews get thrown forward by a direct hit in the back by a rifle slug as he was busy firing blindly at the invisible enemy in the trees with his twin machine guns. His WAV doesn't get back up. Cursing, vermently Hewitt makes a dive for the trees and immediately runs into the WAV of no doubt a very surprised Tamil Tiger. The pilot of the rebel Shogun backs up as he moves to fire his shotgun, but Hewitt is faster and slams the missile launcher in his WAV's left arm into the rebels cockpit before pulling the trigger. The resulting explosion throws back both Shogun's as it rips off the left arm of Hewitt's WAV. With alarms now blaring Hewitt forces his WAV back to it's feet, static crossing across most of his system screens as his entire torso now glows a distinct red between the flickers on his damage montior. Hewitt looks over at the rebel Shogun to see if it was rising... it lay silently on it's back, extensive scorch marks surrounding it's burning cockpit area.*

"I can't take much more of this."

*Hewitt's WAV now jerked as it moved forward through the trees. He came across a rebel Kensai that was busy pummeling some foe with it's twin mortar launchers, more than likely his 2IC - CWO Mark Roberts - the only WAV of his unit that he had yet seen fall. Lumbering towards the rebel Kensai in an almost homourous fashion, Hewitt took aim at the WAV's right leg with his remaining rifle and fired. As the rebel Kensai stumbled under the unexpected shot and then proceeded to turn it's twin mortars onto Hewitt, another shot ran out from the battered CDF Shogun, this time catching the rebel WAV full in the center of the chest knocking it over. Hewitt was able to place a foot on top of the Tamil Tiger before he could get back up, he let his rifle fall to point directly at the rebel WAV pilot trapped inside his cockpit.

It was then that Hewitt noticed that the pilot was an old women.

She was dressed in poor peasant-type attire and had a rugged look about her that spoke of a life in hardship. But her eyes were full defiance, and they stared with silent, unwavering hatred at the CDF pilot looming over her. Hewitt found himself at a loss, he had expected a more soldier type not some old woman from the local village and this caused him to pause. It was then that the last transmission he would hear that day crackled over his broken radio.*

"Is anyone out there? Hawkeye? Maverick? Andy? Hello? *crackle* It's Mark... I could really... *fizz* ...some help here. Oh *fizz* ...ear god. BO-*crackle* *pop!*"

"Oh no... No! Number two come in!"

*fizz*

"Come in god damn it!"

*crackle* *fizz...*

*Hewitt took one final look at the woman, then fired the rifle. The look of utter hatred was still on her face up until the point that the heavy slug from the gauss rifle smashed her tiny frail body. Hewitt didn't bother to look. His main concern now was taking out as many of these buggers as possible. His entire team was now down. He wasn't going to let there sacrifice be in vain. They had gotten this far, now it was up to Hewitt to finish it and ensure the safety of the desperately needed supplies due to pass by this area. As such, Hewitt brought his struggling WAV out from the cover of the trees and onto the road in search of the enemy...

Only to be taken down by a solid rifle shot to his Shogun's cockpit. Then Hewitt embraced the darkness........

[end unnecessary flashback ]

"No... not this time."

*Hewitt took in a deep breath as his old military mind finally rose out of obscurity. Moving like one possessed, Hewitt responded to the surprise with one of his own by fully igniting his WAV's thrusters. The Kensai's booster pack threw the WAV straight at the Majestic Banshee as Hewitt drew back the left arm holding the shotgun. Taking careful aim of the enemy pilot seemingly rushing towards him, Hewitt cut the boosters at the last second as he simulatiously punched with and fired the shotgun at the enemies cockpit. As the shotgun (hopefully) shattered the first Banshee's cockpit and turned the pilot inside to mush, Hewitt took quick aim with the rifle at one of the Majestic WAVE's facing his wingman. Only allowing himself time for a snapshot, Hewitt fired at roughly the center of his targets rear torso. At the same time he keep his own WAV moving forward into the first enemy Banshee hoping like hell that it will at least block enough of the inevitable return shots while his rifle reloads.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!