User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 24 May 2005, 22:35   #1
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough
Star Wars Academy Planning thread

Episode three and Darth Fluffie gave me this semi idea.

Okay guess what a Jedi Academy. We will just say it is 2000 yrs before the movies. Some group that now no longer exists eliminted all but one Jedi, and Possibly One sith, if there is intrest. There are no other Jedi/Sith. The time has now come to rebuild the Jedi and possibly Sith groups.

if you want to pruse this experiment with me i will be happy to play. It will be rather open ended with me DMing you any time you get to off base. if you wan't to give it a go well post.
Unread 24 May 2005, 23:36   #2
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold
Re: Star Wars Academy Planning thread

Not to sound to harsh here but there was a time on the boards when academys where everywhere, encompassing all manner of topics. Well okay maybe I was exagerating a little there but regardless there was a lot of them, but the interest in them died out, with some making a breif return in an attempted resurection but ultimately failed attempt. So in short academies are hard to keep going as people can grow weary of them quickly, and their appeal wanes rapidly. Another problem is finding people to be the tutors and keeping them interested or possible trying to prevent people applying for same position. Though that depends greatly on the theme and range of an acedemy in this case I dont think it would. I could also raise the point that there is more to star wars history than what lies in the films, cartoons, spin-off shows and to be producued new tv series, there is a whole expanse of history present in the expanded universe explored by the books. Though there is certain creativie fredom involved so bringing that in is not entirely fair, but to sum it up I dont think academy threads will have much grasp anymore their time has passed. Maybe they could come around again in the future, its rather hard to say but right now I dont think they would get very far, least that how I see it from my viewpoint.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 00:21   #3
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Darth Fluffie sits down, enjoying his Sith-a Cola

Let it be Mr. Darkling, if it dies, I don't think anyone's feelings'll be hurt. Much. I think.
Unread 25 May 2005, 00:46   #4
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Walks into the academy, looks around, see's Darth Fluffie and smiles.*

*Pulls out a hyper-accelerater rapid-fire rail cannon and fires pellets doing .99c into Fluffie's body.*
Unread 25 May 2005, 05:04   #5
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

well thats two besides this could be our launching paqd to just having plain old wars with Jedi and sith

so fluffie you teach ths sith side because i have got a good idea to make being a sith fun.

Last edited by mrmao; 25 May 2005 at 05:27.
mrmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 15:10   #6
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

besides the fact that being a Sith just plain simply IS more fun than being a weakassed puss of a Jedi?

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 16:37   #7
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Zappa speaks truth. Emotions are stronger than reason when it comes to the Force

Darth Fluffie smiles as Bakan's hail of fire tears through him, not feeling a thing
Unread 25 May 2005, 17:00   #8
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

and if you've seen the 3rd movie, you'd have to agree that the Jedi reason is prettymuch non-existant, as is their brain. That passing to the darkside was waaaaaaaay to easy, and waaaaaay to stupid, there is no logic, there is no reason.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 25 May 2005, 17:50   #9
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

haven't seen it yet
this weekend
if things goes well
Unread 25 May 2005, 19:28   #10
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

2000 years before the movies, wasn't that like when KotOR ran?

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 19:36   #11
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

was't kotor 4000 ?

and we could run in a paralel semi-altered RPed up FLUFF universe
it's all about me anyhow
Unread 25 May 2005, 22:17   #12
mrmao
oh...sexy...

no fluffie you off hock i find a new dark lord, and kotor ran closer to 20,000 yrs.
ohh and fluffie emotions make you fight sloppy, plus the jedi always have there belif in helping people, which i would describe as love to fall back on when using the force.

as for jedi being weak, i looked at some Midilhorian/whatever lists last night, there were only two sith in the top ten.
Unread 25 May 2005, 22:19   #13
mrmao
oh...sexy...

I will be making the academy layout and character creation rules soon as i Darth whatever name my friend chosses gets here.
Unread 25 May 2005, 22:52   #14
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

four

"Engage in this saga set in the Golden Age of the Republic - over 4,000 years before the first Star Wars film, when both Jedi and Sith number in the thousands. With the Galaxy reeling from a recent conflict with the Dark Lords, the ongoing battle between the Jedi and the Sith rages on. Your actions determine the outcome of this colossal galactic war - and your destiny as a Jedi."

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/splash.htm

and the jedi's love for everything and everyone is nothing compared to the love you can have for a single person (this meaning while i guess i'd lean slightly to the dark side if i were to be a jedi (oh if only ), i ain't all evil. much.)
Unread 26 May 2005, 00:14   #15
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmao
as for jedi being weak, i looked at some Midilhorian/whatever lists last night, there were only two sith in the top ten.
in the latest movie, they are weak, and incredibly stupid too.

Unread 26 May 2005, 05:12   #16
mrmao
oh...sexy...

oh just try to prove it in the thread, okay?
Unread 26 May 2005, 06:01   #17
mrmao
oh...sexy...

guys while planning this i have come up with a story, therefore rejoice i am king, not really
Unread 26 May 2005, 10:58   #18
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

I have to agree with zappa on that one the so called jedi master/jedi Knights hardly last a few seconds in a fight, a child still in basic training puts up a better fight up before being shot dead. Made them look rather pathetic and tghey tried to rush their scenes to much, so they put togethor a short death scene. That makes them look like morons and weaklings to boot, even Darth Tyranus(sp?) put up a rather short excuss for a fight that makes you wonder why they portrayed him as stronger in the previous film.
Unread 26 May 2005, 11:59   #19
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa Tenderlea
in the latest movie, they are weak, and incredibly stupid too.

will i be disappointed or will my "drool level" allow me to 'live' with it?
Unread 26 May 2005, 12:18   #20
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

there's some funny stuff in it too, R2 D2 kicks serious arse.

Unread 26 May 2005, 13:40   #21
mrmao
oh...sexy...

your droll level will allwo you to live with it.

But gentelmen Ankikan strongest force user ever and Plapatene second strongest, of coures average strenght jedi are going to be torn apart
Unread 26 May 2005, 15:49   #22
Darkling

There have been more powerfull sith and jedi in existance beyond the movies, exar Kun for example and Joruus C'baoth to name but a few, also not forgeting to mention the orignal sith lords, the ones who stared it all by rejecting the Jedi ways first. Besides I would not doubt Darth Sidious that much either he may not been most powerufll but he was craft and managed to escape death even after fall of second death star to return later. Also on point of jedi dying quickly against a sith okay could happen but against your average clone troppers most not really numbering that high either is kind of pathetic for them.
Unread 26 May 2005, 16:14   #23
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Anakin wasn't the strongest force user ever, he was, has always been, and up untill his death will be beatable. I'll not post more on this subject as to not give any spoilers. Palpatine was also relatively weak. again, spoilerwarning is prohibiting me from posting why I make these conclusions, but if you watch the 3rd movie, you'll see he's beaten rather easily by a Jedi far weaker than Yoda, and needs to be saved

Anakin was said to bring balance to the force, not that he was the strongest user ever (for the strongest user ever to be joining eighter side would unbalance the force even further) most of the Jedi just misunderstood the prophecy, in a terribly shortsighted and stupid way, which ads to my finding them annoyingly stupid. you're ofc entiteled to your own opinion, and I'll not hold it against you, I'll just continue laughing my arse off, the image of you as the newsreporter in DBZ, looking up the the Jedi, which are represented in DBZ by Hercule (Mr Satan)

Unread 26 May 2005, 18:22   #24
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

I would be intrested in thi, as a student or tutor (good with either really) as a LIGHT SIDE user. I will redeme you sith one way or another.
Unread 27 May 2005, 19:00   #25
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
haven't seen it yet
this weekend
if things goes well
indeed

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2005, 04:50   #26
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa Tenderlea
Anakin wasn't the strongest force user ever, he was, has always been, and up untill his death will be beatable. I'll not post more on this subject as to not give any spoilers. Palpatine was also relatively weak. again, spoilerwarning is prohibiting me from posting why I make these conclusions, but if you watch the 3rd movie, you'll see he's beaten rather easily by a Jedi far weaker than Yoda, and needs to be saved

Anakin was said to bring balance to the force, not that he was the strongest user ever (for the strongest user ever to be joining eighter side would unbalance the force even further) most of the Jedi just misunderstood the prophecy, in a terribly shortsighted and stupid way, which ads to my finding them annoyingly stupid. you're ofc entiteled to your own opinion, and I'll not hold it against you, I'll just continue laughing my arse off, the image of you as the newsreporter in DBZ, looking up the the Jedi, which are represented in DBZ by Hercule (Mr Satan)
Okay, I'm going to be a spoiling bastard, so if you haven't seen the movie, to bad (I just got back from my second showing).

About Palpatine, we all pretty much agreed he was throwing the fight. He was trying to push little Anakin towards the Darkside, and to do that was giving him a good mind-screw. So my bet is that he threw the fight, put himself into a position where he looked helpless, in order to force Anakin into doing something that will push him (which right after Anakin reacts, Palpatine opens fire with both barrels). After all, Palpatine was a manipulative SOB.

As for the Jedi falling, yeah, in many cases it seemed that they fell to quickly, but in many cases they were taken by complete surprise and were tired from fighting a long drawn-out war (not to mention they were killed with those they have been fighting with for about 3 years, and were told by the makers to be genetically programmed to follow orders, I doubt they were prepared at all to be attacked by their clone allies). Once given some time to prepare, they managed to put up a decent fight (ala that kid-Jedi). Still, I admit it could have gone a bit better, but overall I was satisfied with what happened.
Unread 29 May 2005, 13:15   #27
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

I agree with Bakan here.
Although Vader looked bad when dressed up... The whole lighting/atmosphere of the movie was too shiny (compared to the later parts) and light to make him come out right. He looked too short too somehow. And I understand him Force-wrecking the room, but his big cry of nooooo sounded wrong.
And the whole theatre I was in laughed when he took his first breath. The infidels
Unread 29 May 2005, 13:20   #28
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
I have to agree with zappa on that one the so called jedi master/jedi Knights hardly last a few seconds in a fight, a child still in basic training puts up a better fight up before being shot dead. Made them look rather pathetic and tghey tried to rush their scenes to much, so they put togethor a short death scene. That makes them look like morons and weaklings to boot, even Darth Tyranus(sp?) put up a rather short excuss for a fight that makes you wonder why they portrayed him as stronger in the previous film.
Maybe the kid had more time to realise "ah feck this shit is wrong dude" because he kind of saw quite some of his mates die before him. also a young mind sometimes easier adapts to new situations. the masters and knights were taken by suprise and they were mostly alone and like bakan said, with their war buddies. like i said, i agree with bakan and think it was done good.
Unread 29 May 2005, 13:37   #29
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Quote:
I agree with Bakan here.
Although Vader looked bad when dressed up... The whole lighting/atmosphere of the movie was too shiny (compared to the later parts) and light to make him come out right. He looked too short too somehow. And I understand him Force-wrecking the room, but his big cry of nooooo sounded wrong.
And the whole theatre I was in laughed when he took his first breath. The infidels
They laughed!!??!! Those BASTARDS!!!! (Common, that was my favorite bit of the movie was hearing that breath.) As for the whole "NOOOO" bit, yeah...... sounded wrong, but common, he killed the love of his life, the one he loed so much taht he killed all his friends in order to find a cure, so the "NOOO" is understandable, but I think maybe they should have tweaked it (or maybe gone with an "ARRRRRR" or "KHAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!").

Last edited by Bakan; 29 May 2005 at 13:46.
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2005, 13:39   #30
Darkling

Well thats what I find odd taken by suprise or not Jedi are trained to adapt and surivive, in some cases I can understand the death like the fighter and speder bike. But in regards to the none machine deaths aka one on many, their reaction times are slow and clumsy which seems to suggets they where badly trained. Since as it has been shown Jedis have a nack of beating the odds, I know they had to die and not all of them did as a few surface later on in the novels and such . All I am saying is that their deaths where rushed and made them look badly trained and not worthy of their ranks given to them, hence why they seemed in the end stupidly done.

In regards to the kid jedi yes he had more time to prepeare and but consider if a small child of undeterminded age can at least tkae out a few of the soldiers and deflect some laser blasts with basic skills. What does that say for masters or knights who have a lot more abilites at their command that they cna utilise within seconds, from force push/pull to high jumps would and more. As has been demonstrated by in the previous films in some more epic fight scenes, I got the feeling that they just wanted to rush the scenes at the cost of making them look weaker than they where in episodes two.
Unread 29 May 2005, 13:41   #31
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Quote:
Maybe the kid had more time to realise "ah feck this shit is wrong dude" because he kind of saw quite some of his mates die before him. also a young mind sometimes easier adapts to new situations. the masters and knights were taken by suprise and they were mostly alone and like bakan said, with their war buddies. like i said, i agree with bakan and think it was done good.
Exactly. In many cases they were shot in the back (such as the one dude in the fighter, the chick on the speeder bike, etc etc.) Not to mention the clone gave no warning, just got the order, relayed it professionally and quickly over their comms and hand gestures, and did the job.

As for the kid, it loooks like he managed to hide for a bit, realize what was happening, thus was in a better position to strike out and cause more damage. Of course he still died.

As for Count Dooku at the beginning, yeah it was quick, but my pet theory about this follows. Palpatine wants a new/stronger apprentince (Anakin). He could have potentially clouded Dooku's mind a bit, thrown off his coordination a bit, etc etc, not letting him play on the top of his game, giving Anakin an opening. Plus Anakin started tapping into Darkside towards the end where he get's nasty with the saber. Not to mention Dooku was literally school-ing both Obi and Anakin before Anakin started getting angry. So I feel that while it sucked he died that quickly in the beginning, at least he put up a decent fight (seriously, most of the battles had to be short in order to keep the move a reasonable length).
Unread 29 May 2005, 13:45   #32
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
Well thats what I find odd taken by suprise or not Jedi are trained to adapt and surivive, in some cases I can understand the death like the fighter and speder bike. But in regards to the none machine deaths aka one on many, their reaction times are slow and clumsy which seems to suggets they where badly trained. Since as it has been shown Jedis have a nack of beating the odds, I know they had to die and not all of them did as a few surface later on in the novels and such . All I am saying is that their deaths where rushed and made them look badly trained and not worthy of their ranks given to them, hence why they seemed in the end stupidly done.

In regards to the kid jedi yes he had more time to prepeare and but consider if a small child of undeterminded age can at least tkae out a few of the soldiers and deflect some laser blasts with basic skills. What does that say for masters or knights who have a lot more abilites at their command that they cna utilise within seconds, from force push/pull to high jumps would and more. As has been demonstrated by in the previous films in some more epic fight scenes, I got the feeling that they just wanted to rush the scenes at the cost of making them look weaker than they where in episodes two.
Actually, I think that kid was a padawan judging from his hair-cut, so while not a student per say, he had some decent skills (judging by what Obi-Wan was doing in Episode 1 when he was a padawan). In short, I think it was done okay cause the Clone Troopers did the job quickly, not giving most of the Jedi time to prepare, literally shooting over them at the Seperatists to aiming at the Jedi's back. Also there is the fact that throughout the movies the Jedi had been saying that the Dark Side has been clouding their vision, hence maybe that threw off their pre-cog. Finally is the fact that the Clones are genetically engineered to obey orders and the fight. They had no malice, no anger, which are typically the usual warning signs to an Jedi that they are about to be attacked.
Unread 29 May 2005, 17:31   #33
Darkling

I would judge him off a lower myself by defination of his age, hairstyle is a rather hard one to judge by considering not all races have hair or all in the same places. For all we know that could just be the style that they where expected to follow from an early age if for sake of making everyone roughly the same in apperance early on or maybe just a fashion trend some followed to emulate some jedi knights and masters that is a diffcult one to go by overall. It is also true that the dark side had been clouding their visons as they say themsleves, but most of what jedis rely on is instinct and intuation when in a fight. This applying heavly towards lightsaber use and blocking laser blasts of various kinds, meanng they could get cought by suprise but then on relies on their control of the force which sadly seems lacking in their cases they semeed as though they could barly hold a lightsaber at those moments. That said each to their on opnions and I am a litle more wary on this issue than you is all, and feel let down by the rushed scenes.
Unread 30 May 2005, 03:58   #34
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, but wtf is defeating the General robot dude who has four lightsabers?

I mean, the guy had kept spinning them, he'd have taken Obi-Wan apart.

Any did anyone else notice the stupid placement of the dockingbay shield generator? I mean, what were they thinking?

"Hey, lets put our docking bay shield generator on the outside of our ship!"

"Cool idea dude! Like, nobody'll shoot it!"

Dumbasses.
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 02:43   #35
Avenged
Available

Avenged is just really niceAvenged is just really niceAvenged is just really niceAvenged is just really nice

i wasnt too keen on the mellow dramatic "shes lost the will to live" plot or the rushed feel of the film, i think they have missed several key chunks out!
Avenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 07:27   #36
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

poor grievious died because obi is cool. cooler than grevious at least. don't forget the man/robot/hybrid was suffering from a nasty cough. for all we know it wasn't those blasts that killed'em (because he had unseeingly closed his heart-hangar-bay-doors) but a nasty cough catching flame.

who knows, eh?

Unread 31 May 2005, 09:21   #37
Darkling

The reason for the caugh is becasue mace windu crushed one of his lungs in an earlier fight in the cartoon series, ever since then he has had trouble breathing as you would. Ine things about grivious as well is he was not a trained jedi/sith but just someone who was shown how to fight with a lightsaber, hence why he relied on his mechanilcal body rather than the force like most sith/jedi. Though he managed to take out his fair shake of jedipreviously regardless I suppose that accounts for some skill on his part.
Unread 31 May 2005, 09:43   #38
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

depends, where they masters like those noobs being killed by sidious and the troopers? and even padawan have lighsabers...

Unread 5 Jun 2005, 22:54   #39
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

I am in on this thread if it is still being made.

I will be free of uni after friday
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2005, 06:58   #40
Gower
Loyal Orbiter

Gower can only hope to improve

The reason why the jedi where taken down by the troppers was this the jedi where losing the force because the sith where becoming more powerfull so when the troppers turned on the jedi they did not sense it coming wich is why they got blown to bits Yoda states that they are losing the force in the second film sheesh do u ppl watch and listen or just watch and forget to listen.
Darth Vader was not the strongest force user to use the force u need will power, endurance and a bit of sense therefore the stongest force user is therefore Luke Skywalker who did not turn to the darkside even when having 10000volts go through him, not to sure about the sense part.
Like a Phoenix from the ashes many things rise again
No Kill Like Over Kill
Valhalla awaits
Gower is offline   Reply With Quote