User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 12 Feb 2005, 18:05   #151
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road
Re: The Cleansing

Älhjögg walks out to teh front, waiting outside the gates. Whener the other are ready, what few of them are still present anyway, he'll quickly leads them off towards their destination (presumably that ranger).

Oh yes; the Kar makes a point to ask the servants and guards where the ranger may be found.
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 19:13   #152
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
Decidng he had waitied long enough around the throne room, Volthar turns to walk away withut much in the way of words. His steps making their across the ornate floor lightly, nodding at the gaurds at the rooms entrance as he passes ignoring their odd glances at the sight of a brownie perched on his shoulder.

"Well its got to be around here somewhere, since there is the armoury so they normally are placed close togethor"
Looking around the hall trying to get some of his bearings, finding out instead that all the corridors inside a castle had a tendacy to look alike in both decorations and layout. Compared to the throne room they painted a drab image, the hanging iron brazirs casting dark shadows that danced to the flames rythem.

Finding himself admiring its natural movment for a breif second, before continuing on his search.
Glancing around excitedly, Vea searches for anything that seems interesting. Her hope slowly diminishing as everything starts looking the same. Sighing a little disappointed she taps Volthar's cheek lightly to let him know she''s getting down. Climbing quicklky down him she reaches the floor and gets her bearings quickly and then gestures to Volthar to follow her.
She had always had a knack with finding her way around. Maybe it was years of practice working her way through the maze of the giant's world or maybe she just could sense out goodies.

Racing quickly around the corners knowing he'd keep up easily she catches sight of a latched door, guarded. It just had to be the armoury. Down the hall she notices another large door, large enough to get barrels and such through. Smiling she moves toward the door and peaks through cracks. Smiling sweetly she turns toward Volthar.

"Open please" She giggles.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 19:50   #153
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Following behind easly considering the difference in step sizes, shruging to himself as she finds the door with a lot more ease than he ever did. Reaching across to the doors latch lifting it up and pushing the large door inwards.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 20:11   #154
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Fluffie The man sobs but looks relieved that he can give you a reply

-Vicotnik yes, lord Vicotnik the great Archmage, emperor of Nidland. He rules the lands just east of here, as a matter of fact, these foul beasts whose caves we are in, they sell weapons to him.

Volthar and Vea On the other side of the door you find a huge hall, two men seem to be working, unpacking goods. They look at you.

-So what are you here for?

Nibimacarion oh crap

The oldest man smiles

-Obviously, would you like a faster or a mure durable pegasus, we love them all but some have special charachteristics. Anyone in particular you absolutly love?

hewitt The bishop smiles a uncertain smile.

.-Well ofcourse, but, well, we didn't expect one of your kind here until the taxing so you have to understand that we are a bit, surprised.

He starts leading you down the hill, through a square and up a road to another hill. This is were the castle is, you can see that it is now manned.

A man steps out onto the wall, he can look you straight into the eyes from up their, instead of having to lean back.

-Who are you dragonbrother? Are you in need of anything?

Älhjögg The servants quickly point him out, he is rushing out as you speak. He has been ordered to guide you. He seems to be a nice chap and seems eager to set off.
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 21:06   #155
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"What do you think of... Lord Vicotnik?"

Saying the name Vicotnik alone was something that felt dirty, but having to say it with the title Lord in front of him... It almost left a foul taste in his mouth.
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 22:04   #156
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Nibimacarion looked around through the small herd, none of the pegasi struck him as either superbly fast or durable, so the difference would probably be small.

"Hmm, since I don't expect long travels without ample time to rest, I think speed is my best choice. I should probably also ask you if you know anything about what has been happening in Nidland lately."

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 23:52   #157
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Looking at the two men smilling a little, taking a glance around the large storeroom.
"We been authorised by the king to be able to pick up some supplie here before we set off"
Taking a look around for anyhting that jumped out at him, looking for a bag of sorts as well whislt he was at it.
"Dont suppose I could use any stray bags around here as well?, I left mine at the inn Im staying at. Ill have to pick it up on the way out of town"
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 00:26   #158
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
Kal'rek (Gark) You travels have brought you to a small village near the city of Orkovia, capitol of Hynsolge. You are just contemplating wether or not you should stop in this village or continue to Orkovia as you see a dustcloud nearing you. It seems to be a rider.
ooc/sorry its been a while but my internet and computer was taken away from me(it was never mine in the first place) so i have had to go to the library./ooc

Gark reguarded the approaching rider knowing that it is highly doubtful to be any one he knew. though he wished it was. traveling can be so lonely sometimes. The sun shone fiercely behind the dust cloud making Gark squint and strain to see the rider properly. A breeze ruffled the feathers on his head and he tried hard to blink the glare out of his eyes,
"Who goes there?" Gark shouted
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 17:25   #159
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

*Hewitt raises an eyebrow at the bishops response but says nothing as he is lead towards the castle.*

The taxing?

*He is more confused when he reaches the castle, the fact that it's manned with manlings soldiers armed with weapons and fear is predictable. It is the man who addresses him and in the manner that he does so suggests that has Hewitt somewhat baffled by the sheer audacity of it all...*

"Dragonbrother!? How is it you can address me in such with such confidence puny manling? You are not of my brethren! How dare you suggest such!!"

*Hewitt feels his anger building but remembers why he's here and decides to let the insult slide for now... the fact that I've been asleep long enough for a city to spring up out of seemingly nowhere suggests my sleep was a long one. Customs might've changed since then... Instead he works on calming himself down - he wasn't going to learn anything if he torched the place.*

*Hewitt as such, takes a deep breath and shuts his eyes for a few seconds. When he feels cool calmness return he opens his eyes, steps forward until his giant maw is but a foot away from the manling standing on the wall and begins speaking in a quiet but stern tone that only the puny creature can hear.*

"You are lucky. A lesser benevolent dragon would've struck you down instantly for speaking without the respect deserved of our kind. *sigh* But I'm assuming you meant none and as such I will forgive you manling, since my background is as unknown to you as yours is to me. Which brings me to why I am here. I am presently a little.... disorientated. When I retired to my cave this place we speak right now was the heart of pure, unspoiled wilderness that stretched as far as I could see. So, imagine my surprise when I awoke this morning to find thousands of manlings living on my doorstep."

*Hewitt clears his throat then steps back a bit so as to resume speaking in a normal tone. Talking quietly like this was making him thirsty.*

"I am telling you this because you have the manner of a ruler and as such I must assume you are so. If not I expect you to say so immediately and direct me to were I can speak with your leader... in private. There is much I wish to know about this 'city' and it's people as well as this time your bishop calls 'the taxing'. I want to know everything about you manlings. Afterall, this is my land you are residing on and therefore that technically makes you mine......"

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!

Last edited by Hewitt; 14 Feb 2005 at 17:32.
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 12:15   #160
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

fluffie The man looks at you, trying to decide what you think.

-He is...mysterious...what do you think my lord?

It is pretty obvious that he doesn't want to answer "wrong".

Nibimacarion The elf starts walking over to one of the pagasi, expecting you to follow.

-Nidland? It's monstrous. It is the reason it is only the two of us here, and we are leaving soon aswell. Have you seen the fortress? It is like soemthing in one of the tales you tell children to keep them indoors. They are preparing for war you know. We are all going north to Landori (the elven kingdom, it's the biggest forest in Ereb Altor), they have promised us a safe haven there, you should come, us silvers aren't meant to fight.

Volthar The men are happy to oblige, bringing you a standard armybackpack

-So what can we get you? Dried fruit, meat and fish? Some cooking utensils?

Gark The dustcloud increases and you can see the rider clearly now, it is a man, pushing his horse harder than normally adviced, as he sees you he halts his horse

-Halfbeast, do you have water to spare?

He is pouring with sweat, as his animal. His eyes are harsh, cold, and his words are spoken like an order, not a question.

hewitt the man seems to break in a sweat at you words. The soldiers shudder at what they can hear, and don't seem assured when you lower your tone.

The soldier asks you to follow him out of the city so that you can have a conversation away from prying ears.

He walks down, ignores the servants who wants to give him a horse, considering it would only be paniced by your precense, and makes his way out of the city. He walks out into a large field, sitting down on a rock. A nearby flock of cows run away, naturally.

-Was what you told me really true? This city was founded ages ago, I mean, I have heard about the sleep dragons take but that is...a little extreme isn't it?

He still seems concerned.

-If you don't mind me asking, what CAN I call you?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 12:24   #161
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion followed closely, the apprentice staying behind with the rest of the herd.

"So far Nidland never seem to hostile if you ask me, and I've been across most of the country. But you are right, they're preparing for war and I suspect that is the reason I'll be going back there tomorrow."

Unread 15 Feb 2005, 13:08   #162
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

The man at least didn't 'love' Vicotnik enough to speak out his desire to serve him just like that, but he also didn't 'hate' him enough to utter his wishes to see the magician dead.

"I'll have him dead."

Awaiting the man's reaction, his still weary body prepares itself to lash out if needed. He couldn't have the man go and run off, screaming and warning the magician of his awakening...
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 17:50   #163
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

"Ages... and yet when I awoke my sleep felt... disturbed."

*Hewitt turns towards the tiny manling sitting on the rock.*

"You may call me Hewittruaxas (Hewitt for short ) I believe that's how it sounds in your tongue and to answer your first question yes, it is all true... ages?"

*Hewitt sits down and scratches his head. Sure, he had been on long sleeps before but surely not as long as this manling was suggesting. But then again, thousands of manlings don't suddenly appear out of nowhere and build one of there cities from scratch, and this one seemed to have the feel of time upon it.*

"I will explain more but first I must know at least something of this place... especially this 'taxing'. I sensed one of my brethren north of here when I awoke... was this the one you had been expecting?"

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 18:23   #164
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg simply nods to the man, looking around with the butt of his spear set to the ground.

"Though it doesn't look like we'll be off for some time yet. Where're the others?" he says, deciding that it might have been tactically more wise to keep the herd together.

He sighs and adds: "Lets leave for the gate: The others must pass through there when they leave." And off they go. Of course, maybe the DM meant that the ranger was at gate already and that Älhjögg met him there, but we can't all have it the way we want...
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 19:41   #165
Darkling

Looking over the bag quickly these men seemed easger to please so there was little point in dispointing them.
"In that case quite a lot of dried fruit and some salted and smoked meats, not sure how long this journey is going to bebut best to be prepered. A small cooking pot, bowl and the such will do. I am assuming the others are sorting out their own arangments and I dont plan and carrying around their stuff for them."
Looking around for Vea for the moment wondering were she ahd disapered to.
"That fine with you Vea? or is there anyhting you want in particular?"
Talking aloud hoping she heard, suddenly remebering an item.
"Do have any fruits or nuts preserved in boiled honey by any chance?"
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 00:01   #166
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Nibimacarion

-You are going back there?!

Your friend seems apalled.

-Are you crazy?

We are leaving in a week, and we will not come back until this problem is sorted. The humans will fight their wars, as they always do, and then we will come back, as we always do. Why do you want to interfere? The manlingmoney has gotten to you!

Fluffie

-Oh yes my lord that was exactly what I was going to say! I want him dead, him and all of his diciples! Can I aid you in any way my lord?

Hewitt

-Indeed you have been asleep for a long time. This city is Lîrvella, one of the three cities in this union we call Cereval. We are all members of the Moonthinge. A council wich makes life easier for us, humans, trolls and dragons. As you do the dragonequivalent of raising an eyebrow he continues.

-We are all selfgoverning, the nomadic tribes out in the plains, the farmers closer to the coast, the trolls in the forest and us who live in cities. We meet under the supervision of the dragonmasters, who protect us from rouge dragons, such as yourself. They live down south, but you might have smelt one of them, who was heading home.

-ooc Do you remember any of this from the last time around?

Älhjögg And off you go.

The ranger puts his backpack down on the ground, moves out of the way for a cart, laden with grain, and leans in towards you

-So you are heading for NIdland are you? Did you just decide that you have lived long and fulfilled lives, or do you actually have a plan?

Volthar

-Ofcourse we do sir.

They start bringing you food, a jar of nuts in honey, a small pot of jam, ribbons of smoked meat, salt fish and dried plums and apricots. He also gives you a rare sepciality this time of the year. Fresh apples, most cellars have been pillaged during the war, but aparently the king has kept his intact. He smiles as he puts a rod and hook aswell.

-You are probably passing some stream or pond as you walk towards Nidland.

You are a tad suprprised he actually knows were you are heading.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 00:32   #167
Darkling

Finding their manners and generosity rather suprising but not refusing, the apples in particular made this trip worth it.
"Well now I must say I did not expect all this but you have my thanks gentlmen"
Dropping down in a curtious bow causing some of his hair to ruffle forward, rising to face them again.
"Vea have finished? we should be makeing a move I want to pick up my books and money before we leave, and your potions are in there as well"
Enthasis the last few words, as he packed the goods into the bag carefully before hanging it of his shoulder.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 01:40   #168
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Vea steps out from among all the boxes and barrels and all, her hands placed on her hips, a pout on her face. "Awwwww. Did you have to ruin ALL my fun!"
Turning she disappears into the piles to reappear a few moments later.
"Okay, we can go" A devilish grin crosses her vace as she looks at Vothar before signaling for him to pick her up.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 09:17   #169
flapjack
crashed computer

"Perhaps I am crazy, what I do know is that Vicotnik isn't, this won't be a normal war as we know them, when you go back, tell the rest to be prepared for battle, if Hynsolge falls, help of the elves will be needed. I will try to gather as much information as possible before returning myself."

Nibimacarion quickly checked the pegasus they had been headed for, it looked to be in good condition.

Unread 16 Feb 2005, 10:36   #170
Darkling

Bending down enough for Vea to climb onto his hand, moving it over to his shoulder not really going bother asking what she was up to this time. Turning once more to the two men.
"Well again you have my thanks, but we best be making a move"
Picking up the rod whislt th pack was over his shoudler Volthar carefull working his way out from all the boxes. Entering into the empty corridors once more.
"Maybe it was nothing but it was better we got out of there, they knew a lot for simple labourers. Eitehr we are not firwst to head on this journey, rumours travel around here fast or they know more than is right"
Looking over he was given once more sighing a little to himself
"Well thats about all I can think of at the moment at least, we beter be getting back to the inn"
Forgetting about the whole incident for now making his way out of the castle, one of the easier routes to follow within its walls.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 13:18   #171
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg leans against the wall, propping up the shield against as well to rest his arm. He looks up at the sky, scratching his before he answers:

"No plan. It's just a spur of the moment decision and it'll either lead to ruin or not. We'll just have to see what happens."

Now where are the others? he wonders, looking around. I thought we were quite the group when we left for the palace.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 16:33   #172
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

The man seemed a bit... zealous, to say at the least.

"And why is that then? Isn't Vicotnik a good man?"

Saying that almost made him want to go back and lay in his coffin. Calling Vicotnik a good man, while... his wifes... He resisted the urge to close his eyes, let his head hang down and hold a moment of silence in their memory, but there wasn't time now. Instead, he looked at the man, awaiting his answer.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 17:06   #173
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Volthar, Vea The supplymanagers wave goodbye and you exit. You pass Älhjögg on the way out. He is standing there waiting for you and the others to make your way out. He is in the company of the ranger that will guide you.

Älhjögg You see Volthar and Vea aproaching.

The ranger looks over at them

-You brought a brownie aswell?

He seems surprised, in a positive fashion.

Nibimacarion Indeed the winged horse is in excellent shape. Shining white with a silver mane. It looks you in the eyes and you can see trust and confidence.

Your friend pats him on the back.

-I think you are wrong, Vicotnik might not be crazy, but he is insane, and he has the rescourses to back it up. Nidland is heavily populated, they have more people than Cereval and Hynsolge put together and they don't have the same problem with internal powerstruggle. In Hynsolge everyone is fighting everyone, in Cereval the cities disagree with the nomads and the trolls. And don't trust Krun to last even a week if Nidland attacks. The plague has decimated them, killed the entire royal family.

So, we are awaiting a war, a bloody war.

The man looks tired, he has worked hard in order to prepare for the evacuation.

-The elves of Landori won't fight, they hate the trolls in Cereval, they despise the humans in Hynsolge who have been warring for a decade, and they don't care about Krun.

He smiles a weak smile.

-The humans are going to destroy themselves, you know it aswell, the only positive factor is that there will be less murderous humans around.

Fluffie

The man looks terrified now, he shivers and cries as he starts talking

-No no, he is evil, evil, he, he...he kills people, he takes them down to Labratriet, his Laboratory, and he changes them. He is evil.

Aparently, this man doesn't actually think it is evil, he is only trying to satisfy you so that you don't kill him.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 17:14   #174
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

His grip on the torch he had picked earlier tightened. This man either just didn't care, or was related to Vicotnik, somehow. He took a few steps forward, swiftly closing the gap between himself and the man. He stared right into the man's eyes, squinting his own.

"Who are you anyway."

By asking the question, he resisted the urge to smash the burning end of his torch into the man's face. He made sure his voice didn't sound friendly though.

(ooc This sceptre of demons thingy isn't in the room?)
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 17:16   #175
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

-Indeed you have been asleep for a long time. This city is Lîrvella, one of the three cities in this union we call Cereval. We are all members of the Moonthinge. A council wich makes life easier for us, humans, trolls and dragons. As you do the dragonequivalent of raising an eyebrow he continues.

-We are all selfgoverning, the nomadic tribes out in the plains, the farmers closer to the coast, the trolls in the forest and us who live in cities. We meet under the supervision of the dragonmasters, who protect us from rouge dragons, such as yourself. They live down south, but you might have smelt one of them, who was heading home.

-ooc Do you remember any of this from the last time around?
ooc: A little. Cereval was the starting location for me last time around. I met up with these Moon people before... I remember they wanted me to do something. I also remember being told something about the Dragonmasters before and I... erm... I attacked them didn't I? Shit, I can't remember . But I do know I got involved in somekind of conflict which is where I had been shot at by that mage guy with the funny ray that came out of his hands. It becomes a bit blurry after that...

*Hewitt creases his brow as vague memories fade in and out in his head. One part of him was saying all this information ws new to him yet another part of him hinted that this was all somewhat familiar...*

"Dragonmasters... Moonthinge... Cereval... these words are familiar to me... and yet I do not know why..."

*Hewitt begins rubbing his head. For some strange reason all of this was starting to give him a headache. It was as if his mind was trying to bring up something that refused to budge so excessive effort and hence pain was required...*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 20:19   #176
flapjack
crashed computer

"I don't think you see scale of this conflict clearly, Vicotnik will not stop untill he controls the entire planet, he won't stop at the human lands and everyone will eventually be forced to fight against or for him, I hope we will meet again, but I'm afraid it might not be in good conditions."

Nibimacarion patted the pegasus softly before mounting it and turning it towards the edge of the platue they're on.

"Farewell and convey my message to the council, they musn't ignore this threat for it is far larger then any we've faced before."

Unread 16 Feb 2005, 21:42   #177
Darkling

Looking at the ranger in serene manner, simply shruging at his suprised responce.
"Stranger companions have there been, stranger there is yet to come"
Seeing that the otehr had not arrived yet, finding this the perfect opertunity.
"Well before we reach the city gate I need stop of and pick up some stuff at inn im staying, and pay the inn keeper in full. So I shall either end up meeting you halfway or coming back here"
With an odd wave Volthar heads of in the general direction of the place he was staying, a small but well furnished inn catering to traveling merchants primarly or mercaneries with enough coin to afford a good room.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 22:03   #178
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

/OOC: Okay, looking back we can see that me, Darkling and dragonsjem are the only ones left in our group; the others have stopped posting.

Älhjögg looks up as the remaining two of this little endavour show up. "Why hello there," he says, pushing himself off of the wall. "This is Kranden," he motions to the ranger. "Our personal guide these coming days. Our companions have decided that freedom is better than forced service in the name of the king: Not necessarily an unwise choice. Anyhow; it leaves us three alone to infiltrate Nidland."

He shrugs and adds: "Well, the smaller the group, the easier it will be to sneak in. We'll come along to the inn." Said and done: Älhjögg and Kranden follow Volthar and Vea, the group sticking together this time.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 10:00   #179
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

The voice that came from the cart was not in a tone that Gark really appreciated.
"Sire, I take from your calling of me a halfbeast that you have noted my size. Maybe you have also noted that any water that I could carry would never be enough for you. Besides where are you going in such a haste that you have obviously forgoten your water?"

Imediatly after saying this Gark thought it quite a silly thing to say, but the man made him uncomfortable.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 10:38   #180
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- argh! falling behind. my written creativity is being sponged up by english, and my time by photoshop -ooc

Sajjuk had quietly dissapeared from the throne room a mere second after hearing the begginning of the king's dissmissal. He had initially bean headed to the armoury, and had arrived there without incident. there he picked out a light mail shirt (assuming they exist?) and a light short sword. Once armed he intended to pay the storehouse a visit, but on the way had found an unfortunate courteer who's purse seemed, a little too large for comfort. A short escapade ensued, the conclusion of which, left Sajjuk in posession of enough cash to see him through a good portion of his trip, and the courteer musing upon what curcumstances may have brought a night elf to court, oblivious of his loss. With money on his person for the first time in several weeks Sajjuk becomes slightly smug with himself as he backtracks to make a small raid on the storehouse. The time taken by this act of "enrichment" was substantial enough to leave Sajjuk well behind his intended companions, realizing this he, with a good deal of hurry, makes his way outside. There he makes some inquiries and soon succedes in tracking the group down. He finds them starting off towards the inn, and with an inward smile he falls into general step with them.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 18:25   #181
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

fluffie no the sceptre isn't here, sorry, should have said that earlier

-Who, who I am? I am nobody, just a simple adventurer, I earn my living through searching...old places, for valuables, this was the first one were anyone had been alive tough.

He seems to be gathering courage

-Who are you mylord?

Hewitt You try to remember, tough it might be so that they weren't at all important when you fell asleep. You can't tell, you can't...

Suddenly you are in the air.
Or is it a memory?

You can feel the weight of a rider on your back, you dive onto the other dragon, scratching biting, plunging towards the ground, deep below. Your rider shouts a triumphant cry as he fires his arbalest, hitting the enemy dragon straight into the mouth. It gives you the possibility to bite and seconds later you feel the warm blood splashing out, the body goes limp and you release it, letting it fall.

And you are back.

The manling sits steady on the rock, he looks at you in a curious way,

-Is everything all right Hewittruaxas?

Nibimacarion The man salutes

-We will meet once again, I can feel it. Go in peace.

He smiles and adds

-And don't bring trouble

Älhjögg, Volthar, Vea I have also taken over mrmaos lizardman, so he is also with you. He will be staying close to you at all times. Also, madcats Nightelf Sajjuk is still present.

Volthar, Vea The inn is closeby.

The innkeeper seems happy that you are leaving, so many soldiers in one inn can never be good.

Älhjögg I'm sorry for the delayed departure, just making sure that everyone is onboard

Feel free to ask your guide whatever information you might need.

Sajjuk The purse contains gold and silver, you are now rather wealthy

The guide looks at you, he seems surprised at the unusual assortment of people, elves and brownies.

-So, what is your story, why are you here?

Gark The man seems surprised that you aren't afraid of him.

-You should show more respect beast. Obviously in time you will.

He turns in the saddle, wathing the road behind him. Then turning again.

-Take my advice and leave this country beast, you are just the perfect size for the hellhounds.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 18:34   #182
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

An adventurer, or maybe just a graverobber. But not someone that seemed in league with Vicotnik. Relaxing again because of this, he takes a step back, giving himself and the other some breathing room. He holds the torch up normally again, looking at the stranger as he asked his question. The other, just like himself, didn't really know who he was...

He didn't answer immidiately, instead, he looked at the picture on the wall. The sea turning into the sky and the other way around. The death and destruction of.. how many?

Too many, that was for sure. Remembered of his duty once more, he looked the other straight into the eyes again. No-one would stop him, but he couldn't really let word spread either - otherwise the magician might prepare himself... And saying he didn't know wouldn't exactly be lying either, so it seemed like a good answer.

"I... I don't know."
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 18:58   #183
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

"I... I..."

*Hewitt finds himself at a loss at the sudden and complete flashback. It felt far to real for comfort. Something riding on my back... did I attack a fellow of my kin? How is this so? It cannot be... It cannot be!*

*Hewitt closes his eyes in a pained expression and shakes his head as he tries to salvage what is left of his composure.*

"I... I'm fine. Really. Please continue."

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 20:34   #184
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion got the Pegasus moving, their speed rapidly increasing as they approached the edge of the platue while Nibimacarion looked back and yelled.

"I'll try not to bring trouble, but be prepared anyways."

A few moments after he said this, the pegasus reached the edge and leaped over it, Nibimacarion veering with it as it took off into the skies, carefully steering the creature back towards Hynsolge and his home.

Unread 18 Feb 2005, 08:01   #185
Kal'rek

Quote:
Gark The man seems surprised that you aren't afraid of him.

-You should show more respect beast. Obviously in time you will.

He turns in the saddle, wathing the road behind him. Then turning again.

-Take my advice and leave this country beast, you are just the perfect size for the hellhounds.
Gark is glad that the man wasn't too quick to anger though he didn't think much of his idea of respect.

-Sire, I must apologise for that remark,*Gark bows as he says this* It’s just that I have been journeying for along time and I am tired. I was not trying to show you any disrespect just echoing that which you showed me.

The man again didn’t look too pleased with Garks comment but the idea of the hellhounds agitated Gark even more so than the lonely times of travel. They sounded nasty but Garks curiosity overwhelmed his fear.

-Sire, I have just remembered that I have a small vial of wine given to me as a parting gift by a friend, I would share it with you if you were willing to share a little information. These beasts you speak of, why do they scare you so? It appears that they must be chasing you for you are pushing that fine animal with such haste. How terrible must a beast be to worry one such as you?

Gark again hoped that he had used the right amount of disdain in his voice to let the man know that he was no mere halfbeast with half a brain. Gark feared he would just leave him and not be bothered with conversation.
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 11:05   #186
Darkling

Heading up to their small room, Volthar taking a moment look at his sleeping waurters for the last week or so. It was no means a grand room but better furnished than most, the best he could afford over a prolonged period. Putting the contents of his bag onto the bed, some ruffled cloths, a pile of small books who covers where ripe with age and long use along its cracked and stained leather, a small cloth pouch falling of to the side. Reaching inside and feeling about pulling out a purse full of gold and silver coins and small pen and sealed ink well, from some hidden pocket added at a later date.

Looking at the old bag worn state decidng mayeb its best he keep the new one, he could moderfie it later to add hidden pockets. Placing the itemscarefully inside, tieing the fishing rod to is side. Placing the bag onto his back heads downstair to the inn, taking one final look around the inn's bustling crowd. Dropping a few coins in front of the inn keeper as Volthar silently contemplates the whole journey. Feeling a poke to his ear causing him to stop suddenly.

"Fine, fine Im going was just taking in the sights one last time, patience can be a virtue you know"
Steping swiftly outside to avoid another harmless poke, but they could get annoying, looking over the new additions a little doubtfull that this whole thing was going to go as well as planned.
"All set on this end, unless anyone esle has anyhting they need to do?"

Last edited by Darkling; 18 Feb 2005 at 11:31.
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 11:28   #187
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Fluffie

-Then what can I do for you? How can I help mylord?

Hewitt

-Well...

He removes his helmet and scratches his head.

-What do you want to know? We are all under the law of the moon, meaning we cannot attack someone who aproaches in a friendly manner. We all pay our taxes in moonsilver to the dragonlords.

He pauses.

-The dragonlords are the masters of this loose union, they don't interefere in our lives tough, I think they only want to gathe all of the moonsilver, you see, if it is moved out of the country it desintegrates, and they love it like it was their firstborn son.

He draws his sword, tough not in a threatening manner. The blade is pure silver, as well as the knob at the hilt.

-This is moonsilver, it makes life worth living.

He smiles, he seems truly proud to have a sword made out of it.

-You see, everything is easier when you have it, if you make a bucket out of it then carrying water will be easier, if you make a sword, the killing is easier, if you make a helmet then it will protect you. It is light aswell. The nomads and trolls have the most of it, they use it for everything, but be carefull, they will even hunt a dragon if you tried to take it from them.

The man looks up at you as he sheates his sword.

-My name is Granek by the way. I am the military commander of Lîrvella. And you are the first dragon I have ever seen who hasn't had a rider on his back, or next to him.

Nibimacarion The two men look sad as you depart, you can abrely hear their final words

-You will bring trouble but if that is what Mother Earth wants, then it is so.

As you make your way back you feel troubled, but what the universe has in mind for the world can rarely be avoided.

You soon reach the border of Hynsolge and as the sun sets you land just outside of your house.

Your partner must surely be at home, just a few hundred yeards away.

For the first time you have no cargo.

Gark The man looks tempted to continue his travel, but whn you critizise his horsemanner he dismounts. He lets the horse roam free and smiles faintly.

-So were is that wine then?

He sits down on a rock.

-The hellhounds are not chasing me, they are chasing you, you just don't know about it yet, but I do, I have seen them, seen them tearing bulls and ducks to bits.
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 12:58   #188
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

I'm assuming the clothes I was "put to rest" in, would stand out in a crowd... And I'm also assuming I by now feel like a bite and a drink

//

Fluffie looks down at his own clothes and then back up, at the man.

"Got clothes? And maybe a meal or something to chew on.."

He was beginning to feel as if he hadn't eaten anything in a rather long, long time. He wondered how long he had been resting there, maybe he would find someone who'd know more about history than this fellow. He didn't think this man would know much about history.
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 17:15   #189
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg nods and replies: "I think we're all set to go. And I suggest we do just that." Turning around he motions to the others and if there is no objections, he leads them off with the ranger, setting course for the north-east.
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 17:27   #190
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt frowns as he listens to the military commander.*

"Moonsilver... that is yet another word I remember... *scratches his head again.* My thoughts are scattered... Granek. I said I was disorientated but I fear it is more than that. Dispite my long sleep it feels cut short and your words bring up memories of events I do not remember experiencing. All I know is I've dealt with the dragonlords before, but not how. Although I admit that I find it somewhat disturbing that some of my fellow brethren have let their pride fall low enough to become simple mounts to these self-proclaimed 'dragonlords', I feel I must speak with them... perhaps they will help me to remember."

*Hewitt gets up on his feet and stretches.*

"You must tell me how I can contact them."

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 19 Feb 2005, 03:07   #191
Kal'rek

Quote:

Gark The man looks tempted to continue his travel, but whn you critizise his horsemanner he dismounts. He lets the horse roam free and smiles faintly.

-So were is that wine then?

He sits down on a rock.

-The hellhounds are not chasing me, they are chasing you, you just don't know about it yet, but I do, I have seen them, seen them tearing bulls and ducks to bits.
Gark was glad that this man wasn't going to leave without explaining, he was also glad to see the hint of a smile touch the mans face. Gark fumbled in his jacket for a while and produced the vial of wine. It was small but there was still enough in it to be drunk contained in its tinted glass form.

-I think we should drink before talking of such things as hellhounds.

Gark shook the vial gently and removed the cork.

-I know it can take some trust to take and drink a liquid from a stranger so I will take a swig first to show it is no poison, is that ok with you?

The man nodded. So Gark brought the vial to his beak and drank before passing it to the rider. The neck was wiped before he almost drained the rest of the wine. This man was thirsty, Gark thought to himself. When the man took the vial from him mouth he was smiling. He had obviously enjoyed the fine wine.

-So sire, you were saying about these hellhounds? Where have they come from and have they been here long? I must say I’m not sure I will be able to sleep easy this night knowing they are out there.
Unread 19 Feb 2005, 17:55   #192
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Back! I shall awaken from the unconsciousness in due course and with your blessing, Ark.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 02:07   #193
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

No Dachi, Hewitt, Fluffie Hold on for just one second, I am in a hurry and don't have time to post your bits right now, I do apologice and hope you won't hang me from the nearest tree

Gark

The man looks like he apreciated the drink.

-Oh not long at all actually, they were released just last night.

He looks at you in a curious way.

-Do you want to come with me to Nidland? We might have interesting positions for a person of your...shape and form.

Volthar, Vea, Sajjuk and Älhjögg, And you are off.

You road takes you out into the countryside, heading for the mountains but the sharp eyes of Sajjuk soon spots an old friend. The man who threw the smokebomb, he is a long way up the road, talking to a duck.

How do you react?
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 09:34   #194
Kal'rek

Quote:

Gark

The man looks like he apreciated the drink.

-Oh not long at all actually, they were released just last night.

He looks at you in a curious way.

-Do you want to come with me to Nidland? We might have interesting positions for a person of your...shape and form.
Gark listened to the implications in what the man was saying. Gark had no real direction of travel at the moment and Nidland is a good a place as any. Also Gark could give his feet a rest on traveling with this man.
“That… is a very generous offer Sire and I would like to travel to Nidland and those ‘positions’ sound intriguing. I haven’t caught your name yet though. So I will start, I am Gark.(Gark took another bow) Just Gark.”
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 10:18   #195
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
No Dachi, Hewitt, Fluffie Hold on for just one second, I am in a hurry and don't have time to post your bits right now, I do apologice and hope you won't hang me from the nearest tree
k, we'll use that one over there then, k?
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 12:54   #196
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion brought the pegasus into the small stable that had built against his house. He'd expected his partner to have seen him coming as usual, but he was probably eating. Just as Nibimacarion stepped out of the stables, his own stumach reminded him that it had been a long day and his last meal had been almost 10 hours ago, thus Nibimacarion heads inside to eat, then sleep, to make his appointment tomorrow

Unread 21 Feb 2005, 21:40   #197
Darkling

Spotting their would be assailent from the encounter in the alleyway, frowning a little. It seems as though he did not end up getting far and was convercing with someone, reaching back to feel the hilt of his blade for a moment as it rested close to his new pack adjusting it a little. Staying silent for the meantime they would soon be spotted at their current rate of travel.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 23:02   #198
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg looks ahead, but can scarcely make out the images of the two far up ahead. He doesn't reply to Sajjuk's observation, but simply walks on, towards the couple. Too far away to do much else right now.

Last edited by Dunin Hemm; 22 Feb 2005 at 19:04.
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 18:50   #199
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Fluffie Indeed you seem to be rather nicely packaged in cloth, wrapped around you, it might have been white a long time ago but is now rather yellowish. You can obviously only see what your arms and legs, and parts of your torso looks like.

The man points to the outside world, up the entrance

-I have a donkey, or at least my friends and I had, we have food on it if you would like some mylord.

Hewitt Granek sighs

-Sadly, I do not know. They come twice each year to take the prisoners, the people we have sentenced to death, and they collect taxes. If anything bad goes on, they are always here to help. They are living up in the mountains tough, I guess you will smell the dragons if you go up there, just head for them.

He seems to sympathise with you.

-The dragons do not seem opressed, they do seem like they want to be ridden.

Gark -I am Gorion, pleased to meet you. Now if you don't mind.

He turns yet again and looks over his shoulder.

-Maybe we could get going? Do you need to pack anything onto the horse?

Clyde You take a step back.

Something is wrong with your head, something sticky.

You open your eyes.

Around you there are bodies, bodies torn to pieces, dismembered wich blank eyes and blood still pouring from their open wounds.

What you have on your face sticky and warm, it is life!

You shake your head a bit, contemplating the situation.

What happened?

You fell over, you remember that, you remember nothing else, until this.

Your sword is in your hand, it has a few cuts along the blade. Your horse is standing a few yeards away, it seems unshuffled.

Your scar is burning, burning, but it feels nice, it feels like this is good.

You notice that something is sticking out of your thigh.

It is an arrow, it seems like a solid hit, maybe it is in the bone?

Volthar, Vea, Sajjuk, (mramo), Älhjögg The road leads on, you can however see that the duck and the man starts moving, maybe they have spotted you?

Overhead you can see a small dot, maybe a giant bird of some kind, it seems to be coming in from the north heading southeast.

Nibimacarion And you go to sleep.

You sleep is disturbed after just a few hours however.

It is your partner

-Are you at home?

-I was going worried, what happened?

He marches in without knocking, as usual.
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 19:15   #200
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion almost jumped out of bed when he heard his partner, almost as in he would have if his sword hadn't gotten caught behind something under his blanket. A few moments of clumsily pulling and pushing on the sword dislodges it and Nibimacarion turns to face his partner. Another few moments pass before he realises he's still holding his sword in a rather aggressive manner, thus Nibimacarion tossed the sword onto his bed and turned back to his friend.

"I was home at a rather unusual time, I suspected you where at home, eating, so I didn't bother to disturb you. You prolly haven't seen what I've got in the stables though. Things didn't go as planned, some diciple guy came to talk with me and insisted I stayed, in fact, he insisted so much his friends tried to make me stay. 2 corpses at Musha's place, possibly 3, I had to make a run for it and I'm going back tomorrow."

Nibimacarion walked over to the door and waited for his friend there.