User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 9 Dec 2004, 21:51   #1
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold
Dark Core

Im going to make an attempt at thread creating agagin, thought it has been a long time so dont expect any miracles. The thread is nothing amazingly new or creative but hopfully will prove entertaining enough for most. So firstly before I start it there not much for you to create character wise, since that will evolve over time.

Name - nothing cliche please

Chosen Weapon -

Your chosen melee weapon, you will know how use it instinctivly when you get them, though only basicly to start with. Although techniques can get more advanced as time passes. Do try to make it a feasible weapon as well nothing that would require any complex mechanism, and modern or futerisitc technology. Ranged weapons will be allowed up to extent of the crossbows and bows, though you dont get an unlimited supply of ammo for them im afraid so be warned but you can if rp well enough possible get rewarded later on.

Chosen Armour -

If you want any that is, the heavier the armour the more restrictive it is on you, if get full plate for example it wont be light or allow you to move with much grace. On other hand if just get part of some armours then exceptions can be made e.g the helm of heavy armour wont restrict your speed but might impair your vision but offer protection for your head, and only your head. The same goes if you just get the beast plate of a piece or armour and gaunlets anyhting expose can become a target.

That said you have option of getting no armour or very light armour even if its just a silk undercoat and a leather jerkin, to wearing just plain old cloth. These will provide the advatage of mobility and speed over overall protection. So its whatever you would preffer really I dont mind mix and matching of bits.

Another note it would be required that you reply with somthing that is not just a sentance and takes into account you are not super human at the end of the day so cant do amazing feats.

Dont bother creating a character history as it wont come into play or be relivant.

Since I have written enough already the if this gets enough intrerest it turn into a thread, if it doesnt it simple vanish.

edit - Forgot the mention this will be a sort of dungeon crawl type thread.

Last edited by Darkling; 9 Dec 2004 at 22:04.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 22:07   #2
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
Re: Dark Core

name: Nibimacarion
weapon: double Short swords
armor: leather vest

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence

Last edited by flapjack; 10 Dec 2004 at 09:50.
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 22:28   #3
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Okay I deserve this I ddint explain enough I guess, dont chose a race just assume your human, terran whatever you may want to call them. As far as weapons and armour go all that is needed is a certain type rather than a customized one e.g a long sword, halbert, daggers, etc. What meant by not involving any complicated mechanism etc is basicly not ending up having an autoloading crossbow, or staff that has a hidden blade that can turn it into a makeshift spear at a twist, items like that really. Whilst im on it I will allow people to weild two weapons or weapon and sheild style assuming their weapons that can be held easly with one hand. As far as class goes that is determindeed by what your chose for your equitment and how you play your character through the thread its not entirly restricted to only a few type of characters.
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 06:27   #4
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Name: Ryon J'kar
Weapon: A quiver of short staffed spears. Use as short stabbing objects which can be duel wielded or thrown.
Armor: Light leathers allowing for sprinting or other streneous and agile activities. Hard leather bracers and soft soled leather boots for steath.
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 08:46   #5
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Name: Qurk Kinschien
Weapon: Gladius shortsword (with scabbard) and Roman shield.
Armour: Roman: open-faced helmet, leather jerkin, and some plate armour around shoulder area.

Basically, I can use my shield (which is huge, and curved) to protect my entire body, while peering over the top, protected by my helmet, and stab around the side with my shortsword.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 12:04   #6
Darkling

David - Thats fine ill just remove the wrod roman from it to fit it into the story,and also you chosn to be highly defensive when facing the enemy whatever they may be. So you do have lack a slow responce to trying to defend your rear or against groups, so please take that into account when rolepalying your character.

Ryon Jkar -As im reading your charcter your going to be more agile fighter or stealthy one im assuming, anyway thats fine you have a limit amount of these spears though which will be decided later. As I am readign them though their basicly somwhat longer than a crossbow bolt so leaving enough room to grip them but give some extra distance.
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 18:30   #7
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was referring to the style, not the story of its manufacture or anything like that.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 18:40   #8
Darkling

I know what you meant but in this thread if it does start, its is going to be about realism in the fighting, so im just claryfing that. Im trying to go away from any stigma of specific cultures here with this, in favour of developing my own ones based upon diffrent ideologies. Though these may appear similair to currently existing or past cultures that is all that they will be, similiar.
Unread 12 Dec 2004, 23:01   #9
Darkling

Well there seems to be a lack of interest in this thread right now, so I am not going to bother running it with this few people.
Unread 12 Dec 2004, 23:25   #10
flapjack
crashed computer

come on... you've got 3 people already, the others will come when they see this thread starting...

Unread 12 Dec 2004, 23:44   #11
Darkling

That could work where this thread not so dependant on its back story, thats the reason i did not want any history written or race chosen. So to start the thread and try and let people join later would only really cause more trouble than its worth. With only three people there really is not much point in the thread being started as there not enough to create substantial character interaction or scenes.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 00:41   #12
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Kama
Bo/Rod type
Silky

hey, it wasn't a sentance, but seems you could use an extra or two, I dare sign up #5 to top mine
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 08:14   #13
flapjack
crashed computer

there, now you've got 4 people

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 12:17   #14
Darkling

Okay Ill do it this way get one or two more people then ill add an npc or two to make up the numbers, if there more joiners than one or two then there no need for the npc's unless i need them for story sake. Though at this stage I dont see many more people joining considering the thread has had a few views already, then again nothing is certain in this world of ours.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 13:11   #15
flapjack
crashed computer

*Grabs MrMao by his collar and drags him in*

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 17:41   #16
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Name: Dimitri
Weapons: Gladius, Double haded handaxe (in belt), Pike
Armour: Padded silk trousers and jerkin, Chainmail skirt (stopping just below knees) and jerkin, steel breastplate, norman style helmet with cross top and neck guard flicking at the end (to deflect blows to the head and offer excellent visability)

(this armour set offers excellent mobility and good protection while being light enough as well)

the armour is what comes from discussing with a history expert

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 18:04   #17
Darkling

J-kama-ka-c -As im getting it from what you have put you wear cloths with either silk lining or posisble you prefer looking pristine in fights and wear silk shirts and such. Weapon is fine as well and due to it being staff type weapon can be used for any other adaptive uses within reason of course.

Evil Gigne - Maybe loose either gladious or double headed axe, to try and everyone roughy balanced, though if you find any later on you can take it then just for start leave it a bit minimal. Armour seems fine as im getting it most of the protection is on the torse area and head with a little below the waist, if so thats perfectly fine. Though I cant imagine it being all that light to carry around for hours, as far as the pike goes thats fine doesnt take a genious to work out uses of that.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 18:08   #18
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

the only weight comes from the chainmail as silk is a light material, i should know i've worn it
:P

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 18:11   #19
Darkling

cant say I have myself but I have picked up chainmail, as far as the steel breast plate goes I would thought that would retain some weight as well considering.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 18:38   #20
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Name: Akyla
Weapon: Flamberge
Armour: Steel Helmet (no helm) , Chaimmail connect from the ears down drapping just past the shoulders. Chained leather armour breast and back plate, padded cloth armour underneath. Steel elbow and knee coverings. Leather gloves, boots, and pants.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 18:43   #21
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
cant say I have myself but I have picked up chainmail, as far as the steel breast plate goes I would thought that would retain some weight as well considering.
you'd be suprised how different weights are when holding and wearing

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 18:50   #22
Darkling

Dragonsjem - All fine since you have a largeish two handed sword, and armour covering the torso, joints, neck and head, Though no helm gives you better visibilty at a loss of some face protection. So I would assume your a mobile fighter relying both on movment and armour.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 20:13   #23
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

silky, picked in order of priority, #1 Mobility, #2 Style, #3 Protection.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 20:44   #24
flapjack
crashed computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Ginge
you'd be suprised how different weights are when holding and wearing
Trust him, I've held and worn some various (both old and new) types of bulletproof vests and I'll have to admit that those 5kg vest feel like a lot when holding them, but you barely notice them (other then hardly being able to bend over) when you're actaully wearing them

And I see that I'm the person with the least armor, I should do nicely when it comes to mobility :xmas:

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 21:37   #25
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

heh mines pretty much as mobile as you can get for wearing armour, the skirt doesn't restrict movement or rub, the silk is nice and flowey (plus if an arrow hits it the fibres wrap around the arrowmaking it easier to get out and treat ) and at a plus its designed for deflecting blows

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 22:06   #26
Darkling

Ill take your word for it then, ill also be adding an npc so if it come to it I can guide things along in the right direction, though it wont interfiere to much with your descions.

Name - Johan
Weapon (Chinese) War Sword (Two Handed)
Armour - Leather Gorget (Throat/collar bone) Steel Spaulders (Shoudlers) Steel Demi-Greaves (Shins) Steel Bracers (Forearms) Soft studded Leather armour over a short tunic, that overlaps the waist of a pair of drawstring trousers/pants tied with a ring belt, and soft leather boots.

In short a fast attack fighter relying on moderate protection, speed and mobility getting in to strike, who tries to get out of the attacks weapon range or direction as quickly as possible. Taking advatages of the balanced and light war sword, keeping his joints clear of armour to allow ease of movment in them except for a little protecion on the shoulders. Taking advatage of leather armours light weight but basic protection plus the metal rivets provide some extra protection at little weight added. The neck area being protected by a hard leather gorget, shins and forearms being covered but not restricted in movment.

This thread will be starting soon as i get around to it, which wont be all that long since I dont have much else distracting me in life right now.

Last edited by Darkling; 15 Dec 2004 at 12:44.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 22:09   #27
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

oh yes and i'm keeping all weapons darkling, when your using a pike it doesn't really matter since you usually get people before they can reach you, if it breaks, you have tow hand weapons to rely on

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 22:14   #28
Darkling

You can carry two hand weapons later but for start you will ahve rely on one, or alternativly you get another weapon that is held with two hands assuming tis not as large as a great sword though. For the start im trying to keep it fair and have everyone start with either one or two weapons, I know there can be diffrences due to weapons some have chosen but there be plenty of time later to pick up other weapons.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 22:20   #29
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

meh i'll have the handaxe then, its got some spiffy tricks to it to deflecting swords, plus if i kill david i'll just grab his gladius

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 22:35   #30
Darkling

meh whatever works really, besides as I have said you basicly start of with ow skills in this and gradually learn through the experience of adventure. Though im still thinking about it, if somone does rp badly in a consistant manner they might be killed of for the sake of everyone else. Just some advanced warning really.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 13:55   #31
Darkling

ooc - I hate double posting but it cannot be helped I guess

All -

A dark haze starts to lifts from your mind, as slowly begin to feel your senses come back to you. A cold breeze blowing across your skin as you open your eyes to be greeted with a rustic blurred mountain scene and a low humming in your ears. The high peaks of snow topped mountains all around you, a feeling of distinct familiarty about the whole scenes. Though you struggle to find any thoughts or memories from the day before, in fact you fail to recal much of anyhting. Only names and feelings come to mind, whatever this place was it stirred some instinct within yourself.

Cacthing sight of many things from some small animals wandering around in the distance in a hazy perpective. The most notable being the fact your body begins to feel a cold chill, gtting yourself up rather uneasily at first your legs and arms aching as though your been through a day of hard labour without rest. Looking down and around your feet, the pristine sight of white marble that streched out for a food about yard in either direction, a single ramp leading of it at one point.

Wearing little but a thin covering of cloths, barly in any fit state to be considered hardy enough to fight back a cold mountain breeze. As your vision clears fully now any blurs that remanded, and your hearing clears up miraculousy you become aware of others looked just as dazed and confused as you right now all on their own marble platforms, dotted in a circler order, some vacant. A much larger black and white marble circle in the center of them all, with swirled columns rising up around it, holding a sturdy looking silver fence in place with no aparant openings in it.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 23:12   #32
flapjack
crashed computer

*Nibimacarion slowly got up and scanned the area, Immediatly reaching for his sword but finding it absent, followed immediatly by the feeling of cold on his body, which pretty much proved he was lacking his leather vest. Somewhat distressed by the lack of his equipment, Nibimacarion headed towards the large center platform*

Last edited by flapjack; 20 Dec 2004 at 21:24.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 23:36   #33
Darkling

ooc- None of you start with weapons and armour straight off reason i said you where all in plain tattered cloths, i guess i can partly blame myself for not making it clear enough i guess. Porblem when you write the itnro's you know what you expect, and you pick the stuff up soon after introductions are sorted and you find them in yet to be described way. And David can please post a little more feeling and effort into your character since how you progress in this thread depends on effort you put into it. Does not have to be a few paragrpahs just more than a short sentance, bearing in mind you start of with nowt but the cloths on your back literally.

Last edited by Darkling; 17 Dec 2004 at 23:44.
Unread 18 Dec 2004, 00:01   #34
Darkling

ooc - Okay maybe this will help you create your first posts with more fore knowledge ill just summarise the intro i guess. You wake up dont know where you and you are acheing all over, unable to recall anyhting but your name right now. There are a series of platforms around you some empty some with othes on them, a larger center platform more decorated than your smaller ones. Barred of from entering by a silver cage with no obvious means of entrance, your up ontop of some mountain peek as you can see other peeks of into distance but also feel the cold wind from the high altitude. With little in way of warmth, since you have only a set of cloths e.g ripped old shirt and sun bleached trosuers that look like they have had a lot of wear. You get the feeling that you know this place strangly but its as new to you as your own bodies right now.
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 21:03   #35
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Akyla wakes up with a gasp. Her dream fading from her memory as she looks around her. The blurriness from her eyes clearing as she realizes she doesn't know where she is. Jumping to her feet as she takes an agressive stance, her sword arm in defense as she always does in unfamiliar situations. Suddenly realizing her sword wasn't in her hand, she looks at her hands in awe. It was always there...it was always just in reach...wasn't it? Her mind clouds as she realizes the only thing she can remember is her name. Frightened now her eyes darting around for anything familiar or at least some sort of weapon.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 21:25   #36
flapjack
crashed computer

done editing my old post

Unread 21 Dec 2004, 00:10   #37
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

His chest was burning and his throat had tightened from the shrill grip of the wind. Probing the stone beneath him with a numb hand, he crawls forward trying to see where he's going, but slightly blinded from the gleam of white marble he barely makes out the ramp and half slides to the no more forgiving earth at the foot of his pedestal.

Catching himself he tries to find balance, stagging towards the centre of the arena, now aware of the others in a similar state, he struggles to find words for all questions. Settling on all he is aware of, breathing a slow "cold... tired...", he finds his way to the edge of the marble and slumps against the short wall.
Unread 21 Dec 2004, 17:40   #38
Darkling

David - Alter your post first

Flapjack - Disturbed by your earlier repsonces you obviously reached for some type of weapon there though your mind is a little hazy as to what it was. Ifnoring the chill for now as you head towards the rather odd center piece, what use it could have is beyond you right now, though its rather exquisite design shows it was built with some great care. Seeing no visible entrance into it, the effect of cold wind becoming more eminant now as hands begin to shake.

Dragonsjem - As you wake from the dream, it dispates with the cold wind that sends a chill to your bones. You reach for a weapon, a sword you think it seemed like familair stance to take as the urge to try and find anything to suit takes over. Though seeing little arond you except marble circles and some otehr milling about some still idle on their platforms,the ground more looking like a bare hard earth. The cold temprature preventing most but the more hardy plants from growing.

J-Kama-Ka-C - As you wake in the startling cold wind, and confusion rife and rank within your mind. Stumbling more blindly towards the center marble piece, oviously looking more crafted and more care taken than the one you where on. The walls feeling supringly warm to the touch, as its marble walls let of a slight glow of heat, enough to make you feel a little more comftable at least.

All DMed people - As the fog that covers your minds still hangs like a fowl stench withn the air, the sound of metal agaisnt metal can be heard of echoing down one of the many paths. Curiosuly the sound of somone singing in a deep voice comes seconds later, though the lyrics make no sense to you, though the sound of somthing but the wind is rather uplifting.

Last edited by Darkling; 21 Dec 2004 at 17:46.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 22:11   #39
Darkling

As it seems my chocie to end thread earlier would been more prudent since activity and interest is still just as low, so this thread will cease hence forth.