User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 2 Nov 2004, 21:52   #101
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough
Re: Age of Magic

Gokan frowns as the queen dashes from the room then turns to the portal. He inhales deeply then steps into the softly shimmering mystical doorway.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 23:22   #102
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

David

/ooc
the windows to Queen Alexa's castle are wide open, as the time mage was about to jump out of them until he saw you. In other words, feel free to enter the court and talk to the Queen, or interact as you please. /ooc

Zombie

As you step into the swirling mass you feel yourself moving very quickly, although the trip takes only as long as it takes you to take a step. Stepping through the other side, you notice you are in a very old looking city. To your knowledge, there are no ancient cities that are anywhere near this old. The buildings are falling apart, with vines and underbrush growing everywhere, as though the town had been abandoned for centuries. A brisk wind blows and the sky is overcast. As the portal dissapates behind you (as you did not emerge from a stable portal), you see the soft glow of another portal opening up to your right, behind another building.

Mad Cat, Zappa

As Dakkon attempts to leap back into the portal, it dissapates as soon as his feet leave the ground. Then you see what made the portal dissapear faster than it should have. The time mage stands behind where the portal was, his hood still over his head and his arms folded in front of him, with each arm going into the large sleeve of the other.

"I see you are both quite obsessed with preventing me from leaving, otherwise you would not have risked following me into the portal when I could have sent you to the middle of the sea. Now what is it you want?"

edit: Insert Zappa's character name

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 2 Nov 2004 at 23:33.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 12:08   #103
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
I want to get to the bottom of this. I'm not entirely convinced that Matrix was telling the truth, nor am I convinced that you're telling the truth. I was hoping I'd be the only one following you trough, and that the others would talk to Matrix some more, but.... it seems they only see and act, without thinking for themselves

it seems however you do believe in Morgan's existance now, huh?

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:55   #104
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

*Qurk Kinschien swoops into the hall and lands in the middle of the floor. He looks around, as if waiting for something or somebody. Due to a mixture of memory loss and a short attention span, he stands there nervously waiting for somebody to say something.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 17:11   #105
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Catching site of some clumsy movments up above, warly looking around as they seme to disepear in the same directions.
"Standing around here will get us knowhere righ now, whatever those creatures are they are heading in the smae direction as us. Though with their clumsy movments we should mak good time against them"
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 00:25   #106
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

*Kama glances back over his shoulder, having largely tried to ignore the less useful feline comments.

"Maybe so, but it's not far from here and they have the inner track... the main gates are just around the block, with the wrath of Coen just around the corner, I imagine we best make it there before they bolt down..."

*He slowly furrows his brow as he focuses some of the little magic he can still control on himself and boosts his pace so as to not seem to lag compared with the other pair.
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 00:31   #107
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Serene shruggs and continues on their way. Her ears tingling a little as she feels a time spell being casts she smilies and little and whispers to Arawn.
"If he has trouble keeping up now what will he do if we go on all fours or maybe we should take to the walls too?" She grins and gives a hiss like feline laugh.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 00:38   #108
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Smilling to himself about the comments said about time magic being used, keeping his gaze locked forward.
"Best we keep some suprises, if we are be watched right now the less they know beforehand the better"
Turning to face the bard
"We can waste no more time, we move now"
Starting into a slow sprint that quickly works into a fast run, slipping past people with a defined sense of balance and direction. Heading towards the courthouse though stickign clsoly to the overcast shadows as possible instinctivly.
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 00:43   #109
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Serene follows easily, practically disappearing into the crowds and shadows behind Arawn. Coming up next to Arawn for a moment and catches his eye winking. "This a shame the courthouse is so close. I could have really used a workout."

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 16:45   #110
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

David

Queen Alexa is taken aback when you enter. "A dragon!" The guards burst into the chamber, but the Queen raises her hand to hold them back when she sees you do not make any hostile advances.

"You must be Qurk. Tell me, what brings you to my audience chamber today? Is there something we can do for you?"

Kama, Dragonsjem, Darkling

As you round the corner and the main gates come into view, you can see that the gates appear to have been forced open. As you enter you find a small group of judges, along with the hafling chief judge Spracket. Spracket appears to be in the middle of a debate with a cloked man on a horse, holding his sword to Sprackets throat.

"And now chief judge you will turn your land over to my master Coen, who has summoned me that his power might be further increased. No doubt you have seen that your magic has become useless. However, my master's magic is still quite powerful and grows by the day. The plague infests your pitiful country and your citizens wallow in decay. My plague fiends leap upon the housetops giving more death to those they desire. Allow yourselves to be governed by Coen, and you will be pardoned for your insolence."

Suddenly, one of the monsters from the rooftops leaps down in front of you, then 2 more. You see they have 4 arms and claws which enable them to climb the buildings. Although rather frail looking at first, you soon see that their legs seem to have quite a bit of muscle mass, which enables them to leap large distances. As they land in front of you the robed man turns to look at you, but you see no face within the hood.

"Hello puppets. I'm afraid I cannot allow you to progress any further. Those foolish prophecies of deliverers will not be fulfilled, for Coen has forseen it. Ah yes, I see the plague has had a run in with your group already. I suggest you just accept it and go on home. Otherwise............" He nods to the gray 4 armed monsters, who then begin to advance, growling, waiting only for his signal.

Zappa

The time mage laughs. "Dakkon, old friend, has it really been such a long time that you did not recognize me?" Removing his hood, you recognize Mordan standing before you.

"Stay calm old friend, for I do not mean to harm you or your friends yet. While I may not be innocent of wrong doing, who among us is? We have all done wrong from time to time, and sometimes those who appear to be the most innocent are in fact the most guilty, while those who appear to be guilty are the most innocent."

--Mark Twain
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 16:55   #111
Darkling

Supressing a smile from underneath his mask, removing it to reveal his face. A more excited look on his face than scared.
"If death is whats going to happen here, im going to make sure its not going to be mine this day"
Taking an offensive stance, claws rasied in a combat posture. Not giving the creatures any time to come any closer, Arawn leaps forward with a push of his legs. claws extended letting posions flow from their glands to coat them in its slick moisture, with fast reflexies slicing at vital or exposed areas on the body of the creatures, letting out a bitter snarl from his throat.
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 18:22   #112
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Pushing back her hood, her identity not a secret there was no reason to hinder her vision. Her cloak parting as she reaches to her hip grabbing her whip with her right hand, Her left hand gripping a throwing knife. Following Arawn's lead she lets loose a volley of throwing knives at the creature closest to her. Her aim precise at it's throat and ankles throwing it off balance. Growling as her instincts took over, sending her whip flying around it's neck and pulling.

Unread 6 Nov 2004, 18:36   #113
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Glancing from spot to spot along the ground, Kama makes a mental note of his where abouts as he counter rushes the fiend's leap, save stating and rewinding himself short distances in time to rechoose his path and attempting to dodge the beast blocking his advance.

"So you believe the power be rightfully Coen,,, I think him nothing more than an,,, honourless thief. Usurping the magic for himself.
There's a certain balance to the world as such, if you'd like to find out..."

*Kama loosens his control of aging, allowing the time magic to flow out of him and reverting to a younger form, while channelling that magic towards the enemy. Cursing them with age, pushing them older and weaker, assuming that at least the horse is a simplier target.
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 20:00   #114
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Kama, Darkling, Dragonsjem

As the creatures fall to the death, they seem to dissapear rather than leave corpses. The shrouded knight chuckles. "Indeed you are powerful, as the prophecies fortold. However, it is pointless to resist. Whatever victory you may attain here today shall avail you nothing. Tomorrow, you will no longer possess magic. I am surprised the plague has taken so long to work on you little kitties, but it will kill you before you can accomplish anything of consequence. Give yourselves over to Coen now and you may just be granted mercy. Puppets, fulfill your destiny!"

Dismounting his aged horse, the robed, faceless knight pulls down his hood, revealing a fiery red head. He draws his sword. "Now foolish puppets. Choose your path."

--Mark Twain
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 20:28   #115
Darkling

Seeing the creatures being dispached with out a minimal amount of effort applied, looking up to the now standing figure Arawns face curling up bitterly as he snarls ocne more.
"Know this well, we do what we want, when we want. The only once we look out for are ourselves everyone else is but a tool or worst, there are no chains or magic that will conquer our spirits. We shall not be control by you or your master, when we die, we die free."
slidng a foot backwards to stand particly upright, one hand further forward than the other, claws and body ready to strike or move within an instant.
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 21:07   #116
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Taking a half pace back as the man dismounts, Kama pulls a small metal ball from his pack, the weighted end attached to a long section of wound iron cord, a weapon with little advantage other than finess over a simple chain. He begins circling towards the group of judges that haven't fled inside yet.

"How's it going Spracket... seems we'll find out about that prophecy soon enough."
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 22:27   #117
David91

"How did you know my name, majesty? And I come to see if I can be of any assistance to the government concerning the magic drain here. I would have been flying around as normal if it weren't for your shield failing."

*Qurk Kinschien bows.*
Unread 7 Nov 2004, 17:34   #118
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

it's been too long... Mordan, please, tell me what is going on... did you cast the spell to stop us all from using magic? or was that someone else? You've trusted me once, and I have still to betray that trust... allow me the chance to choose the right side, and fight for the right cause... you know me Mordan... time may have robbed me of certain memories, and waned down some of my skill, but I am still the same man I was all those ages ago... I still hold highly what is right

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 15:07   #119
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Taking her place around the cloaked figure, Serene takes her whip handle tightly in her right hand, her other hand, lightly carressing the whip itself while muttering a few words under her breath. The whip for a moment seems to have a life of it's own as she finishes her spell then returns to normal to the average persons eye. Taking a fighting stance similar to Arawn she glares at the figure.
"We may face our deaths in time, but it will not be to your plague."

Unread 9 Nov 2004, 02:11   #120
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Sorry for the delay. Hope I don't get instant death plague

Victims of the Instant Death Plague (PM to rejoin)

Flapjack, Mrmao

WEEKLY MAIN DM

Zappa, MadCat

Mordan smiles. "Ah the spell. Well I put the drought curse on the land, but as for why magic is being drained from you, I'm afraid I can't take the glory. Indeed, even with my almost infinite wisdom, I could not have concoted such a device. It is magnificent. A work of pure genious, if I do say so myself. And a compliment like that, coming from me, well, that's something shocking by itself. "

Looking at Dakkon, he goes on. "Our paths have always been different friend. You always opting for what people call 'right' while I prefer to achieve world peace through my own measures. Though I was imprisoned last time, this time there will be no magic and no one to stop me. This time, not even you will be able to put me back in that wretched prison."

Zombie

Looking around your new location, you watch as the glowing light dissapates behind the building to your right. Shortly after, you begin to hear voices. You do not notice any other signs of life in eyesight, and the sound of intelligent speech is quite out of place in the otherwise eerily quite setting. To your left, a large tower stands, though it appears to have been abandoned for as long as the town. Possibly hundreds of years.

Darkling, Dragonsjem, Kama

The demon knight's sword ignites into flame, illuminating the shadowy landscape of the Courthouse's front lawn.

"You die free? FREE you say? Foolish puppets you not the power of Coen. You never did learn what happened to that pathetic old man who tried to civilize you now did you?"

He eyes the two half demons for a moment, and for a moment seems to have forgotten the time cleric.

Spracket whispers to Kama "I don't recall prophecies of demon knights on the couthouse stairs either. All the guards at the gate and the courthouse could not stop him. If you are able, you just may be the prophecies deliverers. Be cautious friend, for I sense a great deal of magic about him."

The knight swings his sword from 10 yards away and obviously misses. However, as he swings, 3 flaming rocks fall from the sky, aimed directly at your heads.

David

The Queen smiles. "Why Qurk, you are the only dragon in the region, though you have not sought to glorify your name through violence as have other dragons, your reputation still precedes you. And yes, we are quite aware of the shield problem. We called for the great sorceress Solena from the triangle isles, but a terrible tragedy seems to have occured there. Fortunately, we were still able to get ahold of her apprentice, Matrix." She points to the robed man, you guess to only be about 20 human years old, standing in the corner.

"Hopefully he will be able to right the drought here. However, 2 of my aides were just teleported to the triangle isles after following one of my renegade sages. I would be most obliged if you would bring them back safely, as we have no way of re-opening the teleporter."

--Mark Twain
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 10:43   #121
Darkling

Eyeing the sword weilding feind harsly, as his sword seems to come ablaze. Looking up and noticing the rocket coming down, Arawn without a seconds fought takes a few agile leaps. Slipping under the held up sword of the fiend, grabbing the sword weeilding arm and snapping it back whislt thrusting his claws deep into its arm making sure to apply force to the elbow area.
"I dont really care what happenes from this point on, that was in the past this is the future. There is no relevance to this fight."
Snarling the words to the figure following up his strike from before to wrap his leg around the figures pulling it backwards to try and topple him of balance.
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 12:10   #122
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

device??? you mean dwarven engineers caused this?

Unread 9 Nov 2004, 18:08   #123
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- sry for not posting ive been more than at a bit of a loss for things to say -ooc

Sejuuk stands off to the side, he had hoped to get matrix to keep the portal open for longer, but it was rather too late now, though this (dwarf?) was a highly interesting case, he chuckles quietly as mordan talks of world peace

you do not seek peace, you seek domination do not delude yourslf, i must inquire though, as to the familiarity with which you speak to one another, who are you swordmaster, and how do you fit in with all of this
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 18:55   #124
Spritely Zombie

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Gokan looks up at the tower for a moment, speculating upon it's age and purpose. Then, shaking the pointless speculation from his head, walks warily towards the voices trying to hear what is being said.
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 01:05   #125
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

"I do hope sire, for all our sak...."

*Kama motions for Spracket to keep his distance from the fight as the demon cuts short their conversation. By now Kama has syphon'd off his aged form and stands the more limber picture of youth, swinging the cord around his right side with the ball in a short radius, freely increased with the slack fed from his left hand.

"Your magic is weary knight, what hollow power did Coen promise you..."

*Falling back out of the path of the rocks, Kama thinks it better to impact the ground that risk shattering the stone mid descent, narrowling avoiding turning into a smoking crater, he readies himself for the counter assault. Ready to lunge with ball and chain.
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 05:34   #126
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Serene's instincts tingle as she senses the rocks. Quickly moving out of it's way, she slips behind the being while he was being distracted bye the others. Grinning to herself as she lets her whip crack against the air repeatedly. The whips moving sending a volley of controlled invisible wind razors, sharp as any metal, freezing to the touch. slashing at the beings back, neck, and back of his legs.

Unread 10 Nov 2004, 08:49   #127
David91

"Do you know of the danger involved, and whether I should take precautions, such as certain equipment?" says Qurk
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 23:57   #128
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zombie

Peering around the corner of the building, you see a wood elf and a dwarf, talking with a human wizard. Listening, you can hear their conversation (See DM for Zappa and Mad Cat)

Zappa, Madcat

"Dwarven engineers?" asks Mordan. "Only a little. They didn't WANT to help, if that makes you feel any better. But everyone has their price. Looking at Sejuuk as he makes his own comments, Mordan replies.

"Whether it be domination or peace, call it what you will. But I give you both a a warning now. Look around you. This is what remains of the once beautiful triangle isles. They look ancient don't they? That is because they are. A powerful time warping spell was cast here, and the town aged centuries in a matter of seconds. I can't take the credit for it, but know what you are up against should you attempt to stop the mighty Coen. I was not able to conquer the world myself, but with Coen on my side, none shall be able to resist!"

David

The Queen shakes her head. "I can't think of any special equipment that we have that you could use, but I have reason to believe it will be quite dangerous, as my sages believe that it is but one person or group who is responsible for the problems not only of Galusha, but all the other nations. To sap the power of magic from the earth is no small feat."

The demon knight stumbles backward, then grabs Arawn by the head and hurls him back into the wall surrounding the gate. "You will not throw me so easily as those pathetic slaves of mine puppet. Why do you resist your destiny? It is inevitable and can not be avoided or changed. Coen has foreseen it."

Turning toward Kama, he snickers. "Your new form will not help yo............."

He roars in pain as Serene's freezing wind blades dig into his back. He turns around quickly to face the new assailant. "Wretched FELINE! You will rue the day you were created!"

His razor sharp wings rip through the back of his robe. He hunches forward, the top of his wings protruding a good foot or two in front of him. He charges Serene, aiming the tips for her throat.

--Mark Twain
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 00:11   #129
Darkling

Shaking of the blow to his side, no doubt it knwoping it bruise later. Seeing the assilant reveal his wings only driving his enthusiasm on.
"So the fiend can fight, all the more fun then"
As the creature jumps forward at his companion, Arawn seems to draw in energy around his hands shaping it to contour with his claws letting the soul energy concentrate itself there. Positoning his body as to mimic a regualr feline leaping forward to land on the feinds back, simtaniouls thrust his claws into it. Trying to force skin and bone apart with his very claws, and rip the energy from this being as vicously as possible aiming roughly for where the wings protruded from its back.

ooc- an unlisted spell but seemed to suit the situation

Last edited by Darkling; 12 Nov 2004 at 00:19.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 12:34   #130
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Coen? that sounds vaguely familiar...

Unread 12 Nov 2004, 21:23   #131
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

Sejuuk looks thoughtfully about, absorbing what mordan had said and wondering what fate had brought him here for

what is the coen?
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 23:24   #132
David91

"I had best be off then. I hope to return celebrating, rather than contemplating, but I guess muggles can't be choosers. My powers of manipulation of the wind are fading, so I may be gone some time."

*At that, Qurk runs and jumps out of the window, flapping his wings and dropping slightly before rising away into the distance. Finding an upcurrent leading in the general direction of the Triangle Islands, he glides and swoops for long periods of time without flapping his wings. With his arms tucked in as far as they can to prevent irregular aerodynamics, he reaches round for the small bag around his waist to see if he has any food or useful items.*
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:10   #133
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zappa, Mad Cat

"Coen is your new master. Always watching. He possesses all power. It is useless to fight against him. Turn over your lives to him, and he may just have enough mercy on you to allow you to live."

David

As you fly south from Galusha, you fly mostly without incident. However, as you reach what you estimate to be the middle of the ocean, where Islandia should be dead west, you notice a tower. A single, solitary tower, in the middle of the ocean. There is no land surrounding it, the walls just come right up out of the waves. The north, south, east, and west ends of the tower have bars come out of them, each one supporting a large crystal. Somehow, being close to the tower makes you feel weaker magically.

--Mark Twain
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 12:35   #134
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

care to explain some more about him? I prefer to know who it is I am to follow and worship before I decide to do so... who is he, what is he, how come if he's so powerfull that I hardly know him? where does he come from? why drain the lands from magic?

Unread 15 Nov 2004, 00:19   #135
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Serene momentarily startled hisses and dropps to all fours, he back arching for a moment before she races out of his reach within a blink of an eye. Stopping in her tracks out of dangers range she twirls around and lets fly her throwing knives being careful not to hi her complanions.

Unread 15 Nov 2004, 03:58   #136
Mad cat

Sejuuk, feeling a bit skeptical, descides to test this coen

well, then if coen can see everything, he knows what i am saying, show yourself coen! if you can in fact hear my words!
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 20:46   #137
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Kama runs along the demon's flank, trying to catch a moment where he can strike without risking a hit on his brawling battlemates. Flicking his wrist on each spin of the cord, he takes an opportunity to release it low and sends the ball skimming off the ground, attempting to bind the foe's ankles.

"The odds are not in your favour demon."
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 02:54   #138
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAIN DM

Zombie

You continue watching Zappa and MadCat converse with a wizard from your hiding place.

Zappa, Mad Cat

Suddenly the dark clouds flash with lightning and the earth begins to shake. Mordan jumps.

"FOOL! Do not tempt Coen, for death shall smite us all!

You would be wise to follow without questions. Coen was the only one powerful enough to break me out of that wretched prison in the desert. He said he would free me if I would serve him, which I gladly accepted. By now you must realize your powers are weakening daily. When they are fully gone, which I anticipate should be sometime in the next couple days, Coen will be the only master of magic in the world. That will make him a sort of god compared to the rest of you, and the world will call him "master."

David (From Last DM)

As you fly south from Galusha, you fly mostly without incident. However, as you reach what you estimate to be the middle of the ocean, where Islandia should be dead west, you notice a tower. A single, solitary tower, in the middle of the ocean. There is no land surrounding it, the walls just come right up out of the waves. The north, south, east, and west ends of the tower have bars come out of them, each one supporting a large crystal. Somehow, being close to the tower makes you feel weaker magically.

As the demon charges Serene, your simultaneous 3 attacks catch him totally off guard. As Arawns magic claws dig into the demon, he spings around, only to have his feet caught in Kama's cords. He collapses, and is quickly filled with Serenes daggers. His deep voice resonates in your very souls.

"Foolish puppets. You caught me on a bad day. How shall you resist master Coen when you have no more magic? It is like a crutch to you. You could not survive a fight without it. Tomorrow the preparations shall be complete and there is nothing you can do to stop it. The next time we meet, I assure you you will not be so lucky."

Turning his head upward he yells. "MASTER! The puppets have broken your summoning spell.........call for me again..........." Then he lets out a fierce roar and vanishes, seemingly into thin air.

--Mark Twain
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 20:47   #139
Mad cat

sejuuk looks angrily at mordan

death is an inevitability, the only question in life is how you will die, and i refuse to be bullied into submission by threats from one who is not willing to even show himself!
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 23:49   #140
David91

*Qurk diverts his course slightly to avoid the radius of magical drain, and attempts to plot to position of the tower on a map in his mind, and possibly a physical one if he happens to have one.*
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 16:42   #141
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*looks angrily at Sejuuk, then looks at morgan, examining his expression*

Morgan, I hope you know I'm not with him... *points at Sejuuk* I never saw him before in my life, untill earlier today, and even more so, I hope your master knows... can we go somewhere else, and talk?

Unread 18 Nov 2004, 17:33   #142
Darkling

Raisng himself, dusting of any dirt picked up on the ground. Looking about wearly just to amke sure the feind had not tried to rtick them, satisfied that it was all clear now. Making a scowl with his face as he places the mask back onto it covering up his features.
"Least it was a workout otherwise it would of been a dull day today, with business so slow recently"
Looking over to the bard and his peculiar weapon.

"Well you have proved you can fight well enough, though your singing could do with some improvemnt. Ill not hold it agaisnt you yet, so your safe to sleep in your bed for now since I wont kill becuase of the assistance you provided. Be warned though bard we dont like meddlers interfering into our affairs, or our lives"
Feeling down to his side, probing at his bruised side slightly

"A minor bump by tommorow I wont even feel it"
Turning to his companion stepping in close to whisper softly.
"This loss of magic conserns me, though it does not effect our trade severly. It does make me wonder what will happen next, and what this one is ploting in that head of his"
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 20:51   #143
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

David

From your calculations, the tower appears to be in the exact center of the ocean, and will not be difficult for you to find again.

Mad Cat, Zappa

Mordan smirks.

"Master knows everything. I'm afraid though that our time for chatting has run out, I've got some more buisiness to attend to. Before you think about challenging Coen, I suggest you tour the islands here. Coen's devastation here was nothing compared to what he is capable of."

He looks at Dakkon again. "I warn you old friend...........don't go meddling about this time..........."

Mordan turns, and runs down an old alley way.

--Mark Twain
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 13:55   #144
David91

*Qurk Kinschien continues his boring journey to the Triangle Isles.*
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 15:16   #145
Spritely Zombie

Gokan attempts to piece together what he just heard. Apparently a mage called Coen was draining the lands of their magic, intending to use it to subjugate the rest of the world which would be powerless to stop him. Obviously he needed to be stopped, but he needed to be found first and quickly.

With very few clues as to where to begin he decides that he needs help. He wasn't sure if he could trust the two mages the one called Mordan had been speaking to, Sejuuk and Dakkon they were called. A fatalist and one unsure of his own allegiances.

He stepped out of his hiding place and coughed loudly to announce himself.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 21:42   #146
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
Turning to his companion stepping in close to whisper softly.
"This loss of magic conserns me, though it does not effect our trade severly. It does make me wonder what will happen next, and what this one is ploting in that head of his"
Serene moves around the battle site retreiving her throwing knives. Reattaching her whip to her hip, she stretches and gazes around. As Arawn moves closer to speak, her expression becomes more serious as she turns to face him.

"We shall have to watch him, it's all we can do at this time. I hate to say it but we may need him."

Sighing she gazes downwards, the thought of loosing her magic scaring her.

"I..I..know we can survive without it, but it's been a part of us for so long. It won't feel right without it...especially if we have to face a beast like that again"

Unread 29 Nov 2004, 01:04   #147
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Kama surveys the disappearing knight, cautiously reacheing out toward the area. Turning he gives a youthful smile in the direct of Arawn.

"Kama, a bard at your service... though all things considered, none of us may sleep well for sometime."

*He wraps the cord tightly into his pack and glances around to locate the judge.

"His magic seemed quite real, but I fear the difference to the brand we are so accustomed. Strange ...

This is not a safe time for you your honour, but I believe Coen's wrath would rather follow us on the quest, it would be best for us to leave as soon as possible, and hope in the prophecy."
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 00:51   #148
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAIN DM

Zappa, Mad Cat, Zombie

As Gokan steps out and coughs, there is barely any time for introductions before you can all hear the sounds of weeping...........the first sign of life you have seen since arriving in the Triangle Isles. Turning in the direction of what is obviously a mage's tower, you see a very old woman with torn tattered clothes. She looks in all directions, wailing at the sight of each building. Through her muffled cries you can make out the words. "Mommy where are you? Daddy??"

David

You know you are getting close to the Triangle Isles when you reach what has to be the eastern continent of Islandia. However things look very wrong. The coast seems to be deserted and people appear to be fleeing to the mountain tops. Judging by the size of the waves off shore, you understand why. The monsterous waves must be nearing 75 feet, and crashing onto the shore with devastating impact. Storm clouds darken the whole island. Off the southern coast of the island you detect what must be the Triangle Isles. After flying in that direction for a ways, you finally arrive (with tired wings) at the southernmost island, where the great sorceress Solena is rumored to live. You spot what must be her tower at the southern end of the island, but notice someone looking suspiciously like Mordan running away from what looks to be 3 people and a very old woman.

The judges look rather shaken, but emerge from the building, Spracket at the forefront.

"Indeed you 3 may be the ones from the prophecy, we can only hope. I wish the scroll were more precise in what you should do next, but you are permitted to use anything we can provide you with. If you wish to save us from the plague, I am sure the paladins of Kalimdor have something that could help, but the ultimately the choice is in your hands. The teleporter in the Judges chamber should still have enough power to send you wherever you like."

--Mark Twain
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 07:22   #149
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

running up to the woman, Dakkon questioningly speaks out the name: "solena?"

Unread 30 Nov 2004, 16:48   #150
David91

*Qurk attempts to cast a blinding shadow on the fugitive figure as he lands beside the people chasing him. In case this doesn't work, he creates a tailwind for the chasers, and a headwind for the chased, so he can be caught up with more easily.*

"Ahoy!"