User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 20 May 2004, 18:31   #451
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all
Re: Gems Of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
With that, Nibimacarion moves over into the shadows with the elf
"So would you also happen to know where to find what i'm looking for, because I'm still somewhat pressed for time. You must have heard of the dragonlady yourself." he responded, specifically the last part at a much lower volume then the rest
"Such impatience for one who has so much longer to live. You know so little young elf. It is unusual for one as yourself to stray from the safety of our lands."

The figure slides off his hood to confirm your beliefs he is an elf. His appearance is still young but has an air of a great many years about him.

"I know you seek others like yourself. You are mistaken in thinking we reside here in any numbers. Most have moved on, many back home. We are not as welcome here as you would think. There is so much you have not been told, but it is not my place to tell you either."

He looks around quickly and his voice lowers even more becoming more serious. "I know well of the dragon demon..... and the lady Jem. I know more than you could ever want to know. But do not push me for answers on this. It is my pain."

His tone returns to normal he continues. "I will come for you come morning young one. I know of he who can help you, but he does not provide his services cheaply. We cannot afford to make ourselves well known."

With that he turns and leaves quickly, disappearing into the crowd outside.

Gokan: Still waiting on Bakan

Everyone else: See Darkling's post

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2004, 01:37   #452
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

I finally got the map I drew uploaded. It's a little hard to read the labels but i hope you can figure it out.

http://img72.photobucket.com/albums/...ith_labels.jpg

The elven lands are to the east. The dwaven lands are in the mountains. The Dragon Mountains are below the dwarven lands. Rolling Hills ofc is the largest city on the plateau. The red dot was the magma monster. The next village is Zorro's. The cross is the graveyard. To the south is the ruin of Zorro's old village. Near the large lake is where Gokan and Bakan are having their fight. The righting in the mountains just above the village on the far right is Heiro's monestary.

*Taps her foot impatiently for people to post again in response to her or Darkling's posts*

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 22 May 2004, 02:52   #453
Sivart

Sivart is an unknown quantity at this point

Sivart slowly looks around in a paranoid manner as his light web is severed, then silently follows after Zorro and his torch light.
Sivart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2004, 12:01   #454
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

"I don't like the sound of that...."

Eown shudders from the breeze, and fear begins to rise in his belly. Sighing, he follows along behind the others who lead the way.
Unread 24 May 2004, 04:48   #455
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Watching Marshen's body spasm on the ground, Bakan closed his eyes. All these long years, it was Marshen that was the most hurt, the most unconfortable, the most affected by the changes. In many ways death was a release from what had happened. However, even a death that was such a release could not be unavenged.*

*Eyeing Marshen's slayer, Bakan takes not. Much bigger than the average human, the man carried the heavy sword with a grace and ease that indicatedhe knew how to use it well, espicially considering that he had managed to slay Marshen. Pulling out his own broadsword, Bakan stepped out into full view of the slayer, sword held one-handed, ready to move in a flash.*

"I give you credit warrior, few could hold their own against him, fewer still could walk away from battle, but you alone were able to kill him. I give you credit for that, and I must inform you that you must die now. If you stand still, I will make your death as quick and painless as possible, but we both are warriors, and we both know that your answer will be no, and thus, we fight."

*Raising his sword in a salute, Bakan sprinted towards the stranger, who's sword was already risen in a defensive stance. The initial clash of swords created a loud "CLANG" in the air,a nd both sword literally vibrated from the impact. Holding it, bakan pressed his strength into the sword, and was shocked when the slayer was able to hold his own. Knowing he was far from tapping into his full dragon strength, Bakan smiled internally. A worthy challenge indeed, it might be wise to see what this stranger was capable of. Pulling the swords apart, Bakan stepped back to observe what the slayer would do next.*
Unread 24 May 2004, 04:58   #456
PyRo`
Posts++;

PyRo` is an unknown quantity at this point

"Cowards, you set out to challenge Lady Dragonsjem yet you fear the whispers of the wind, you fear the unknown and the darkness because you do not know what lies amongst it, yet you still seek Lady Dragonsjem who you should know is far more powerful than anything lurking in the darkness of old forsaken tombs such as the one we now face"

Qualme mumbles as he continues onwards.
PyRo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 11:39   #457
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Thungarth, getting sick of this obnoxious Qualme character, walked passed him, casualy smashing his elbow into his face... not all of us are cowards, you fool, but remember this, not all of us seek a meaningless death. it would be wise of you to eighter cooperate and keep your dirty mouth shut, or go solo.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 06:23   #458
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme managed to react in enough time to avoid the full force of the blow though he was shocked to see a dwarf's elbow reach above waist height never mind head height.

“Try that again and you'll never see the light of day again, whether or not you seek a meaningless end to your equally meaningless existence is no concern of mine, but if you as much as touch me again you will meet one regardless of what you seek.”

Standing up straight showing no signs of anger or hatred, his hands by his side, his right hand level with the dagger mounted on his right leg, he smiles.

“Now let's stop wasting time and continue onwards.”

Qualme walks ahead passing the dwarf without giving him as much as a glance and continues along the passageway.
Unread 25 May 2004, 19:25   #459
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

The stairways leads down a few feet, the flickering of the torch iluminating only a few of the dust covered steos. As it wraps around itself in a spiral it leads down into shallow room, its walls streched outward enough room for only a few people. A tall hatchway cut roughly into one of the walls, the remains of rotting wood left behind the only signs there was door there at all.

In the room beyond though the torch light barly causing a flicker even in the darkness. Oil lanterns hanging on rusted iron hooks just inside the room, thier wells still sloshing with some rust coloured oil. Some scattered papers thrown randomly about the entrance way.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 19:35   #460
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Thungarth grinned as the fool Qualme pressed on, and simply waited, holding the only torch in hand, untill the waste of life had moved out of the light and out of sight

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 25 May 2004, 19:59   #461
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

*Zorro enters the room as the torch light catches up to him. Noticing the extra laterns, he takes one, reasoning that in dark magic tombs, more light is always welcome. Borrowing Thungarth's flint and steel he lights the lantern, returning the flint and steel immedietly afterwards.*

"Thank you for your tools my good man. Now if anyone else would like a lantern, there still seems to be a bit of oil left in them."

*Zorro uses his new found light to examine the papers on the floor*

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 23:58   #462
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

[ooc]don't presume I lend anything that might help that egocentric fool up ahead[/ooc]

Unread 26 May 2004, 06:21   #463
PyRo`
Posts++;

[ooc]You wub me really [/ooc]

Qualme descends the staircase in total darkness, the absence of light seemingly not effecting his vision, ignoring the others, he comes to the rotten door, looking it up and down and examining the surrounding walls in the darkness checking for any sign of traps, he places his right hand on his sword handle and walks through the entrance.

Looking around Qualme sees paper scattered randomly on the ground which was previously concealed by the remainder of the door, the papers were most likely discarded by looters who have no interest in things that do not shine, reaching down he picks up a couple of sheets of paper and examines them in the faint light of the lanterns...
Unread 27 May 2004, 15:59   #464
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown sighs. Walking over to the dwarf, he puts a hand on his shoulder and in smiles.

"I don't like him either. I've never liked the dark, let alone this space. Why the hell do you think I lived on the mountain side, and taught skills of the air to younger desciples. I may be a failure in his eyes, but he will rue the day he insulted me about my fear"

Eown walks on, back into qualme and zorro's presence.

"Allow me to help, show I'm not useless, at least." with a hint of resentment in his voice
Picking up some of the papers, he begins to read.
Unread 27 May 2004, 17:09   #465
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

The papers reveal little, just scribbled notes that make no sense.Seming to flow from common to some symbolism similair to the outside of the tombs writting, diffrent enough though to be illegble. Some of papers crumble apart in your hands from their age leaving little clue as to what they could of said.

Glancing around, the room extends further outwards. A stone slab desk in one corner, whilst a small disused dust covered storage room seem to lies to the far wall. Overturned wooden chairs and small puches seme to make their home around the slab, more papers and some books lies atop its lenght very little remaing in the room beside old memories and a sad darkness of despair.
Unread 27 May 2004, 17:18   #466
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

a scribes room in a tomb... seems an awfull lot like a Necro's hideout to me... doubt he'll still be around in the flesh tough... can't imagine any wizard allowing this to happen to his precious books and scrolls...

Unread 27 May 2004, 19:59   #467
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Indeed.......best keep your eyes open."

*Zorro takes his latern to the storage room and starts looking for anything of interest.*

--Mark Twain
Unread 27 May 2004, 20:06   #468
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*With that, Nibimacarion headed back into his room, taking out his own sword and thoroughly cleaning it then checking the sword for any damages or imperfections, as normal there were none, the sword was as sharp as ever and even in the dim light it glinstered, proving that his cleaning had been quite thorough as normal.*

*With the normal maintenance done, Nibimacarion lay down on the rather uncomfortable bed and slept, assuming that he would as every day wake at first dawn, when the sun's first rays would peer through the closed shutters fall directly on the bed and his eyes. Whoever placed these beds knew what he was doing for sure.*

*He quickly overtought what had happened that day, the mysterious elf he'd met had somewhat messed up his planning, tough he didn't mind at all, this would accelerate his plans by quite a bit and tough normally he was not for haste, this was definately a time during which he had no time to waste. The elf said many had gone back home, that came to no surprise for during times like these the elven cities where far safer then this human city. Curiosity however had arisen when he was told that he did know of many things, tough this wasn't much of a surprise, the village he came from was only small reasonably isolated from the other elven cities and villages. News came slow and infrequent, often days if not weeks after things happened. However why had the elf spoken of the dragon demon and lady Jem as if they were 2, they must have been at some time, but this time must have also been very long ago. Perhaps this elf could answer how, and perhaps why, she had become as she was now. There were to many riddles and only time would bring the answers, thus Nibimacarion went to sleep, knowing that the new morning would bring answers.*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence

Last edited by flapjack; 27 May 2004 at 20:25.
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 22:44   #469
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Nibimacarion :
The elf returns just before dawn, waiting silently in the shadows in the alley beside the inn waiting to see if there is any movement in the room he knows to be yours. Slipping inside the inn and up the stairs, into your room without any notice. Taking a seat crosslegged in the corner, hiding in the darkness he awaits until the sun takes it's first peek above the horizen then speaks.
"Awake young elf, the other is waiting."

Unread 27 May 2004, 22:57   #470
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*As the sun peeked through the shutters, Nibimacarion arose from his sleep, moments later he hears another in his room and within the span of half a second jumps off his bed, unsheaths his sword and readies a fireblast spell, only to realise that the intruder did not have ill intent.*

"Did nobody ever tell you startling a magician is a dangerous thing to do? Give me a moment to gather my equipment."

*without waiting for a response Nibimacarion quickly packed up his bag, placed the sword in its sheath and the sheath on his belt where it belonged, the fireblast spell's red glow disappearing the moment he turned to pick his goods and placed the backpack on his back, then quickly glanced through the room to make sure he didn't forget anything*

"Good, I'm all packed, let's go."

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2004, 00:43   #471
Sivart

Sivart looks around, then follows behind Zorro to investigate the storage room. Lightly fingering the odd coin in his pouch, he glances around. Having heard tales about the evils of necromancers and their craft, he prays that he doesn't find himself on the wrong side of one of the dark wizards, in person.
Unread 28 May 2004, 04:43   #472
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro looks up as Sivart comes into the room*

"Odd isn't it? It looks like whoever left here wasn't leaving on their own accord....otherwise they would have taken care to put things away, or take more things with them. I wonder if there is anything of interest in here."

*Zorro continues looking around, trying his best to keep his obscured senses open to any sort of energy patterns*

--Mark Twain
Unread 28 May 2004, 20:32   #473
Darkling

Zorro -

As you open your senses you feel awash with strong feeligns of anger and hate almst enough to amke you collaspse from their intensity, managing to stablsze yourself the sense of great regret and of hopes never achived faintly hides beneath such strong feelings. The storeroom itself lies abre and empty, a few shattered remains of glass and shrivled mould grown and dried up supplies beyond recognition in their advanced years. som collapsed shelfs the metal hinges and large iron screws deeply covered with rust.

Sivart -

As you follow zorro only a bleak empty room greets you, nothing of worth left here, if anyhting of worth was ever kept there. Some dried up old supplies mutilated and broken shelfs lying scattered around edges of the room. You feel a chill run down yuor spine your sense for magiccal energies being forced to respond to some books atop the stone tablet table. Turing around you see some alrge tomes and dust covered books, causing an uneasy feeling with their dark energies.
Unread 28 May 2004, 20:37   #474
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Aaauughh! Too.....much.......dispair......." Zorro gasps, pulling himself off the floor after foolishly opening his senses in such a dark, miserable place.

*Noticing the shelves, Zorro heads to them and fidgits around, wondering if there will be some sort of secret passage that will open up, like in the stories his adoptive parents used to tell him.*

--Mark Twain
Unread 28 May 2004, 20:57   #475
Darkling

Zorro -

After pushing and pulling as some the shelfs most simple leave your hands covered in brown rust stains, others simple fall of the wall to hit the stone floor with an echo. The hollow lifeless sound ringing in your ears as it appers they where simple shelves after all.
Unread 28 May 2004, 21:02   #476
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro calls out to the others*

"Well there doesn't seem to be too much in here. Anyone else find anything interesting?"

*Zorro then glances around in frustration. There had to be SOMETHING in here......suddenly his eyes catch the desk. Over to it he walks and begins searching for anything unusual*

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 29 May 2004 at 04:42.
Unread 29 May 2004, 19:05   #477
PyRo`
Posts++;

"Why does there have to be anything, afterall it's just a tomb, maybe we've been lured down here and sealed in, that would explain the unnatural breeze and pressure change when the torch was lit ."
Unread 29 May 2004, 21:32   #478
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Possibly, but with the amount of evil there is in here..........."

*His voice trails off as he continues searching in and around the desk*

--Mark Twain
Unread 30 May 2004, 04:04   #479
Sivart

Sivart looks around in a paranoid manner, unused to the evil and darkness of the tomb. Glancing at the tombs, he slowly edges towards them. Surprised that the ancient books can still support their own weight without crumbling to dust, he slowly blows the dust off the cover of one of the books. Suddenly shivering, he gingerly opens the cover and looks upon the first page.
Unread 30 May 2004, 12:56   #480
Darkling

Zorro -

Through your rather rough searching of the stone desk, the heavy larger tomes appering to be full of pictures, diagrams and strnage writtings as the papaers where. Though far older by suprisnly well preserved, though you have little knwledge about the art of magic you get an eire dark feeling from the texts. Closing the books with a sharp thud, dust rising into the air agiated as it settles down once more. Catching sight of a smaller leather bound tome a simple small rusted lock keeping it closed, strong feeling eminating from it despite your closed senses.

Sivart -

Looking through the large dust covered tomes, glancing over uits various diagrams and texts finding yourself become more and more absorbed in it. The words almost making sense to you as they seem to shape themselves into common in your mind, blurred but starting to outline ways of shaping mana to your will. Feeling your magic sense twinge darkly at its edges.

Pyro/Zappa/Heiro -

leaving the others to search your senses pick up as a faint sound echoes down the stairs, the lamps flicker with an unseen wind. Senses picking up to a low ambiant tapping sound almost drawfed by the echoes of the pouring rain outside.
Unread 30 May 2004, 18:37   #481
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme closes his eyes.

"Might I suggest we kill the lights, I just heard something, possibly someone and by the looks of the old man and the dwarf they heard it too, I can see fine in the dark, but if the lights go out and we're attacked it will take the rest of you sometime to become accustomed to the darkness, during which time you'll most likely be slaughtered like lambs."

Qualme turns to look at the dwarf then opens his eyes,

"Relax, you're more use to me alive at the time being."

He smiles then turns and walks past the remains of the rotting door and silently vanishes into the shadows of the smaller ajoining room, fixing his gaze at the mouth of the staircase.
Unread 30 May 2004, 18:58   #482
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro, unaware of the possible entrance of another entity into the tomb, looks over the locked book, the thought of easily breaking it filling his mind. Quickly, he decides against it, knowing that any number of problems could arise from opening cursed books. Yet the thought that it may be of some use continues to linger with him. Taking the book back to the old man, he shows it to him*

"Sir, what do you make of this book?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 31 May 2004, 01:24   #483
Sivart

Sivart continues to read the book, getting more and more absorbed in it, forgetting the real reason why he is there. He barely glances up for a second when Zorro takes a tome out to Eown, and then quickly continues with the book he's in.
Unread 31 May 2004, 13:22   #484
Darkling

Pyro -

The sounds can be heard no more, even with your eye acusotmed to the darkness you catch no sign of movment up the stairs. The weather seem to eb the only thing that is complaing this night, thought its weeps and cries are slwoly dying of.

Zorro -

As you pick up the book the rotted lock simple slips out of its catch, long ago it lost its grip and gave up life. Holding the book the feleing are not as intense but present still, with great anger you also sense distrust and betryal.

Sivart -

Finding yourself more and more involed in the book, as you look through the pages one by one. Though it still makes little sense to you you feel drawn to it none the less, sensing taht there is knowledge and power in these acts of magic but feeling the darkness weight heavier on your heart and energies second by second.
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:45   #485
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

ignoring the ignorant fool, Thungarth moved towards the wall, using his torch to light several of the lanterns

that fool may need us... but I sure as hell don't need him.... satisfied that the lanterns illuminate the room enough, Thungarth revealed his axe, cracked his neck, and waited

Unread 31 May 2004, 15:59   #486
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro, becoming intrigued by the auro the book emanates, watches as the lock crumbles.*

"Well, so much for making informed decisions...."

*He opens the book and reads the first page*

--Mark Twain
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:20   #487
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
*As the sun peeked through the shutters, Nibimacarion arose from his sleep, moments later he hears another in his room and within the span of half a second jumps off his bed, unsheaths his sword and readies a fireblast spell, only to realise that the intruder did not have ill intent.*

"Did nobody ever tell you startling a magician is a dangerous thing to do? Give me a moment to gather my equipment."

*without waiting for a response Nibimacarion quickly packed up his bag, placed the sword in its sheath and the sheath on his belt where it belonged, the fireblast spell's red glow disappearing the moment he turned to pick his goods and placed the backpack on his back, then quickly glanced through the room to make sure he didn't forget anything*

"Good, I'm all packed, let's go."
The elf simply glances up at you and speaks softly and seriously.

"One only has to be wary when one has something to fear."

Standing up simply and with agile from his position, he heads for the door and glances out. Seeing no one he slips down the hall and down the stairs silently and as quickly as he entered. Following him into the still near darkness and into an alleyway. The bustle of the city slowly starting behind you on the main streets unobservant of the two of you. The twists and turns seem innumerable until he finally stops at a dead end and utters a small spell. The illusion dropping for a moment to reveal a sort of store front. The image only lasts a second but you glimps a sign in elven although the image doesn't last long enough for you to read it.
The elf finally turns back to you giving a little grin. "I told you we had to keep hidden" then gestures for you to follow him through the "wall". Taking a step you see the sigh cleary now...TRAVEL SERVICES.

Opening the door the elf steps inside and calls out. "Tarellyn, I have brought the young one."

A inner door creaks open as a very elderly looking elf enters of room. His hair a grey, his eyes tired, his face covered in wrinkles. Usually age did not affect elves but something had happened to this one. Tarellyn takes a seat slowly and carefully before speaking, his voice cracking with age.

"Ah Miveron, welcome and welcome to you as well Nibimacarion. Please sit. I see you finally wish to return to our lands. You took longer than most."

Unread 31 May 2004, 18:48   #488
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown closes his eyes. Comforting himself within the darkness of his own mind he begins to stand, dropping the papers back to the floor as he moves toward Qualme and the sound. A rough smile crosses his lips as he realises the futility of fighting in the darkness, let alone the light. Flexing the muscles in his arms, he tries to relax, knowing that fighting with a heavy heart is worse than fighting at all. Failing, he promptly stops and waits for a signal to return to collecting the notes.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 20:30   #489
Darkling

Zorro -

Flicking through the pages the book itself appears harmless, though most of it accoutns trivial matters. Occaisoanly uou come across mention of a group reffered simple as the old ones and some tension between them, the first half of the bok has had most of it pages blottered purpsoly it seem with ink, obscuring whatever was written there. The journal seem to start affter the blacked out pages from the time spent iin this tomb, coming to the end there is mention of a curious entry

"It has come to my attention that there lies a great dragon deep within the mountains, if rumours told are true and my source is adament they are. It would make a fascinating study as one of the first dragons, I am sure the creature could hold a great deal of power within its essence."

The pages passing in a whirl as you come to the one of the very last entries, getting a hint of fear written in the words here.

"I have been betrayed by my own kind, the old ones know where I am now. I feel a heavy burdon on my heart as I fear I do not know what their next actiosn will be, though I will not be bale to amtch them united in terms of shear power perhaps I can bide my time and even the odds in my favour. My previous existance in life, may work in my favour in this isntance much as I rue it. None the less I shall show them what power can be weilded by a mere slave, death is not to be feared or neither is it the end"

Everyone else - Waiting on Sivart sorry
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 02:37   #490
Sivart

/ooc Sorry, not sure what's to be said /ooc

Sivart, ignoring the growing darkness, continues reading. The overwhelming feeling emminating from the book drowns out almost all reason as he feels that, though he isn't getting anywhere, something important is in it.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 05:35   #491
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro stands gaping at what he reads. It couldn't be...........could it? No of course not, that would be proposterous. Desperate to know the identity of the journal's author, he checks the front and back, as well as the other pages for any indication of a name that would identify the author of the book*

--Mark Twain
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 16:46   #492
Darkling

Pyro, Heiro and Zappa -

A flicker draws past you all, torchlite flickering breifly sending obsucre shadows unseen by all. The silence drawing itself out second by second taering away at the conecpt of time. Broken by the noise of Sivart falling backwards agasint the stone floor with a thump, a slouched figure taking shape before them formed purly of shadows as it apper to try and speak to the fallen sivart whslt closing some book with one of its long fingered hand.

Zorro - The revaltion of the diary barly setting in as you alsmt seme to pick up a feeling of somthing passing by you. Casuing you to look up your eyes catching sight of no one new around.

Sivart -

Looking through the book getting involed depely you are suddenly find yourself flung with ease across the floor behind you. Letting out a grunt, the darkness of overcasting shaodws seem to manifest itself as a small hunched humanoid shape before you. Two elongated figners ending in a point, with a third just under the two shorter and wider stopping in a point also egde closer to you closing the book you opened erlaier with its free arm bent at an angle. Stopping its advance it speaks in language you fail to grasp.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 17:06   #493
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro, sensing something is amiss, closes the book and stows it away in his side pouch. Drawing his sword, he heads back to the main group.*

"I think we've got company..........."

--Mark Twain
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:43   #494
Heiro
'Mael'

Eowns eyes flick open. Stepping forward confidently, he moves to the front of the group. Looking down a sivart, he shakes his head.
Ahhh, This does look like fun
Eown returns his focus to the nervous looking youngster, and his arm flashes up to block his path to the creature, along with anyone else willing to make a stupid move. Sighing, he speaks outloud.

"Careful lad. Unless you think that sword will hurt what looks to be shadow. Pure shadow..."

Eown searches for an answer, begging his mind to work with the utmost ease, like it once did. Failing, promptly he returns his gaze to the beast.

"I know we have to help him, but how? Master Dwarf, perhaps that torch?"

Turning to sivart, he shouts:

"Your light spell, Perhaps that might ward it off!!"
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:57   #495
Darkling

All -

The creature turing what apper to be its head around complety, though it has no eye to speak of its gaze seem to fall on Eown, turing its rounded featrless head to look downa t Sivart once more speaking all more clearly now
"The language of the slaves you speak, to think you would manage tog et in here without being caught before. No doubt your masters will come looking but you have trepassed onto ground that not even the masters can enter and looked into forbidden knowledge. You shall not leave here alive for I have been instructed so"
Adjustingits footing with its bent knees springing almost so that it lands silently and deftly upon the stone desk, not a flicker of dust disturbed taking a calcualted look around at everyone.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 19:12   #496
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown closes his eyes and visualises what he just saw. He opens them again almost instantly and laughs, heartily.

"My worst fear is of the dark, in small rooms. Ironically, it seems I'm about to fight that fear right now..."

Turning to his comrades, he smiles.

"Back me up, or Leave. Your choice friends. I give you both options"

Turning back the desk, Eown allows the chakra to flow to his hands and feet, before lightly walking toward the beast. His heart begins to race as with each step he begins to close on the shadow. Feeling his hands grow warm from the charging, he swiftly leaps forward to meet it. Pushing his palm forward, his eyes narrowing with cold intent. Then eown prays. Prays he can even damage it.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 20:33   #497
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

[in dwarventongue] foolish creature... the masters are no more, the slaves are no more, your time, and thus your duties, aswell as use on this planet, are gone. Follow them[/dwarven tongue]

fearlessly, Thungarth approached the beast, and Eown, axe held firmly in his hand, torch in the other

[common tongue] state your name, guardian of times long past... [/common tongue]

[elf tongue] allow us to help you find peace, be it in life, or death[/elf tongue]

Unread 3 Jun 2004, 21:11   #498
Darkling

Instanly reacting to Eown's strikes, seeming to barrel out of the way. Leaping from the stone desk onto the floor, soundless as before it tilts its head curisly.
"A learned mine digger, but not learned."
Shifitng its mass to seeming to flicker out of existance for the breifest moment in time.

"Names, places, death, life, you judge by your own ignorance for there is so much you fail to grasp in this world. Time may have past but the duty will always remain the same, judge not by thy own life span or motives mine digger. There are secrets that exist that should remain so, and so my duty shall never end by words alone. A great mistake has already been done and cannot be undone, a terrible force is upon the world due to the mistakes of the past. This is all you need to know, for you would not udnertsand the rest, talk is over"

Leaping forward with a speed and grace of afeline barging its obscure mass into Eown causing you both to tumble and trash about the floor wildly.

Eown

Feelign a cold baclkness build up inside you, the creatures claw defly passing through cloths and skin striking deeply at the very flow of life within you.

Rest

Seeing the creature leap forward after its speech, leaping like a cat into Eown sneidng both of them through the air and across the floor.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 21:22   #499
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

just before the creature leaps, Thungarth formed these words, in the tongue of dwarves

we know of the evils, and we seek to destroy them... your wisdom might be of use... you ... *thumb*

*few curses under breath while getting back up, ready to dodge the next attack*

as I was saying... you say you guard the secrets that should never see the light of day, and a great mistake has already been made... tell us about it... we might be able to help undo the mistake, however undo-able it might seem... I'm certain you and the masters never believed the slaves would be able to break free eighter, nothing is impossible... some things are just harder to reach

Unread 3 Jun 2004, 21:45   #500
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown flinches, and retreats to his mind, building up it's defenses to thwart the beast. Realising his body is already hurt, he withdraws further, until his mental barrier is strong enough to repell the demon of shadow. Feeling the walls solidfy around his mind, he senses a battle he must win, at all costs. His lifestream, based near the heart, and the blackness of the demon battling. And his life is loosing. Throwing himself forward, Eown draws a mental weapon, a golden sword of light, and begins to cut away the shadow leaching on his lifeforce with ease. Knowing his mental strength, Eown passes over to his physical presence, and tries to counter attack.

Eown draws himself up to his full sitting height, and leaps lightly to his feet. Breathing heavily from the mental excersion, he sways, and with a feat of luck stays upright, balancing neatly. Drawing his hands up, he sighs.

"I didn't think it'd come to this..."

Pressing his fingertips together, he mumbles some words in common, and raises his head. Feeling the lifeforce flow to his limbs, he forces himself forward into an attack once more, trying to at least lure the beast into the open.