User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 25 May 2004, 10:01   #251
Czar

Czar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Wild West

"Yes, indeed... What Did you do to the water, Mr. Aces?", Gaunt says, as he enters.

"You see: People don't take kindly to Cheats and Murderers Not even here in Coarsegold, sir.
Now I'm not saying that you Are, but I'm not saying that you Aren't either."

Gaunt steps away from the door as not to get shot in the back, but he stays near enough to it to as to make a dash for safety as needed.
Unread 25 May 2004, 16:37   #252
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

mr gaunt finds a cocked and loaded .45 pistol pointed at his face

and i sir do not appreciate having my private conversation interrupted in such a rude fassion

speaks up so that anyone who heard the speal can hear him

now we thank you for your opinion sir but im trying to have a private talk with this gentleman, so if you would be so kind as to make yourself scarce, i would be more inclined to like you, mr. eaves dropper
Unread 25 May 2004, 18:44   #253
Czar

"Well, seeing as you are rude enough to brandish a cocked and loaded gun in a public place, I'll of course choose the sensible path. Know, however, that I will be back to finish our little discussion..."

Gaunt exits the building the way he came, grinning to himself as he steps outside.
"Hehe, well... Now that I've stirred up the hornet's nest, let's see what comes buzzing out."

Now, Gaunt walks home and starts to pack his personal belongings- which do not amount to much.
Waiting until dusk, he sneaks out the back, and enters the old mine...
Unread 25 May 2004, 20:04   #254
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

humbug! finish our conversation, eh, hmf! one that never started

turns his attention back to aces

sorry about that, now how about we take this to a slightly more private place? like one of your, new proporties
Unread 25 May 2004, 20:12   #255
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

DARKLING, DRAGONSJEM
"Yes....I suppose I should put my pharmaceutical knowledge to work. After all, that's why I started doing this in the first place. Ever since........" He touches the spot where his right ear used to be. "Since I gave THAT up...."

MADCAT
Aces snickers at the commotion. "Well if'n its any of yer buisiness, all I did was pour a little solution into the top. Now I don't know what it was, and frankly, I don't much care. All I know is I'm gettin paid. Soon as that one eared pharmacist shows up, I get his pharmacy, turn the deeds over to the boss, get my booty, and I'm outta here for good."

As he speaks, the Sheriff walks in and takes a seat at the bar. Speaking loudly to the bartender, he is easily over heard. "I done hear that pharmacist is dumb enough to play against that river boat gambler eh? If'n I'm not mistaken, it's one of the last properties left in town ain't it? I'm here to make sure theres no........funny buisiness! Now get me a whiskey!"

CZAR
It's still midafternoon by the time you reach the mine. You pass the schoolhouse, where Ms. Primm watches you pass by from the schoolhouse window. She smiles and waves, batting her eyes a little. Around the lake you walk to the old abandoned mines. A few old boards block the entrance, but are easily removed as you walk into the cave. After letting your eyes adjust to the low light, you hear a female voice from behind you when you are about 10 yards in.

"Mr. Gaunt? Are you in here?"

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 20:27   #256
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Stayng silent to let the man speak, Rhys seeing the mans aggistion
"Well I pry into another mans past, but its best if you forget about the game with Aces and try and work out a way to cure the water. Im sure others can deal with Aces in due time, he hardly making any freinds here."
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 21:57   #257
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Alec sips some of his tea. "Yes.....well whether or not Aces plays me, he should be leaving soon, if he holds true to his word. If I could win the town back, that'd be great. If not, at least I'll be out of town. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if my beeing here could pose a problem of any kind. As for the water, do you have any sort of idea what the culprit might have used?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 25 May 2004, 23:06   #258
Mad cat

intresting, very interesting indeed, so why are you leaving once you get the pharmacy? why are you stopping there?
Unread 26 May 2004, 00:35   #259
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

Tommy rolled his eyes at the trigger-happy man interrogating Aces. He shouldn't have been so rude to Gaunt. Strife between people in the town was the last thing needed.

He leaned over to the sheriff, keeping one ear on the conversation at the gambling table.

"Mind if I buy you that drink, sheriff? Here to oversee the game are we? How're you going to check no funny business goes on?"
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 04:47   #260
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAD CAT
"WELL......If'n you haven't noticed, the pharmacy is the last free owned bit of land around here xept for that hotel down the way, but my oh my with all the recent fires, I wouldn't reckon that'll last long either! Most of the other places have been either forclosed by the bank, closed by the Sheriff, or already sold. Like I said, I'm not much for the particulars, but after the pharmacy goes, my job is over, and it's on to the next job."

FISHBONE
The Sheriff is forced to drop his own evesdropping of the conversation between Aces and Arthur by your speaking to him.

"Buy me a drink? Whay shore! I ain't the kinda feller that turns down a free whiskey. As fer the funny buisiness, I'm mostly just gonna make sure these here locals don't get outta control when Aces wins that run down shack of a pharmacy. You know, if'n they start actin like ruffians, I'll throw 'em in the hoosegow!"

--Mark Twain
Unread 26 May 2004, 05:07   #261
Mad cat

well, how about you just leave the hotel alone, because thats where im staying, and i dont really want to shoot you, so, my questions are answered and i shall be on my way

starts getting up

oh by the way, do you have any more of that solution?
Unread 26 May 2004, 05:11   #262
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Well, I don't feel like doing anything to the hotel, but if the boss has someone accidently light in fire after I'm gone, can't do much bout that now can I? Solution you want now? 'Fraid I dumped it all out. When you came up on me last night had to leave the vile up on the tower though, but I reckon its all empty."

--Mark Twain
Unread 26 May 2004, 05:51   #263
Mad cat

ok, well, thank you for your time

gets up and leaves the bar, then heads to the water tower, he climbs up and looks for the vial
Unread 26 May 2004, 14:13   #264
Czar

ooc/apparently Gaunt has a bit more of a sunstroke than he thought- as he intended to wait until dusk, before leaving the house... It's kinda hard to sneak in broad daylight, you know... /ooc

Hand reaching inside his coat, Gaunt turns and crouches: "Who is it?"
He scans around, trying to adjust his eyes to the altered light-level, ready to react to any false move- that he can see, that is...

Last edited by Czar; 26 May 2004 at 14:21.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 15:31   #265
Fishbone

Tommy wasn't how much he could trust this sheriff. He smiled at him, and offered him another drink.

"See, as this is a very important game, in terms of the town, I think maybe we should impose some regulations on that there table. I don't think anyone should be allowed near Aces or that pharmacist while playing. Not suggesting any dir'y play might happen of course, but just in case an argument breaks out over Mr. Aces.... honesty."
Unread 26 May 2004, 18:59   #266
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAD CAT
You find nothing on the platform surrounding the tower, but some broken glass shards on the rocks below refelct at just the right angle for a mere moment during your search. They seem to be fairly new, as they have yet to be covered by the sandy winds of Coarsegold.

CZAR
ooc The problem with waiting till dusk presented 2 issues. one being you would have had to wait a few posts till Coarsegold time progressed to that point. the second being it makes it more plausible for Ms. Prim to have been in the school house to see you . curse that sunstroke! /ooc

"Mr. Gaunt, it's me, Ms. Prim. I think these mines are dangerous, and I wouldn't want anything to happen to you." She walks into the mine to stand beside you. "On nights when I work late getting the students homework graded......sometimes I hear things coming from here.....maybe it would be best to turn back?"

As she questions you, an ominous howl of the wind rushes by, making Ms. Prim nervous enough to grab your arm.

FISHBONE
"Well boy you do whatever you think needs doin, but I don't reckon it'll help ya. That Aces character is the best dern cheat I ever sawed, and taint no way yer gonna catch em. No ones forcin these guys to play with him, so taint 'gainst the law neither. If'n someone could PROVE he was cheatin, why thatd be a differnt story, but I'll be hogtied if someone in this here town has enough intelligence to pull that off!"

The Sheriff takes a shot of whiskey. "Bartender! More!"

--Mark Twain
Unread 26 May 2004, 19:46   #267
Mad cat

climbs back down and picks up one of the shards, he stares a it for a moment, sniffs it, then throws it away

nothing, nothing i can use

walks away from the town and ends up at the swamp, taking the time to think about what he has discovered, he looks up to the mines, and sees the dissapearing flutter of a dress

huh? now what? why is someone going to the mine, especially a lady?

begins walking towards the mine
Unread 27 May 2004, 18:36   #268
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
Stayng silent to let the man speak, Rhys seeing the mans aggistion
"Well I pry into another mans past, but its best if you forget about the game with Aces and try and work out a way to cure the water. Im sure others can deal with Aces in due time, he hardly making any freinds here."
Gwendolyn looks up from her tea cup with a worried look.

"Yes please don't give up so easy. If we stay and fight we might just have a chance, but the more people who give up and leave..........what chance do we have?"

Sighing, she glances down at her cup again and mumbles.
"It's only time before they come after us...." A tear trails down her cheek at the thought.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 19:51   #269
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

DARKLING, DRAGONSJEM
"Yes, I believe you're right. I'll get to work on the water tower problem immedietly. As for the card game, I wouldn't worry too much. I happen to have a little more experience in the area of catching cheaters than Mr. Aces cares to realize." Pointing to his lack of a right ear, Alec chuckles. "After all, you don't go loosing your ear making pills!"

MAD CAT
The dress dissapearing into the mine is not the only thing that catches your attention. Movement both to your left and right catches your eye, but when you look straight in the direction of it, you see nothing. You would have dismissed it as your imagination gone wild in the seemingly out of place swamp, but snapping branches and crumpling leaves accompany the movement.

--Mark Twain
Unread 27 May 2004, 20:55   #270
Mad cat

arthur pulls out both his guns and cocks them, he points the guns in the directions of the sounds and looks down the barrels, he listens closly to the footfalls to determine wether they are human or otherwise, still brandishing his weapons he moves to a more open area and continue to look for his followers
Unread 27 May 2004, 22:53   #271
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

"You can lose a ear througha great many incidents, for some more clumsy of people it could be from slipping with a razor. Perhaps for the more dishonest of proffesions otehr emthods are applied"
Casting a carefull glance at Alex, Rhys lips curling into comforting smile
"Poeple like time though can change, if they so wish. Im afraid we wont be of much help. I am no chemist nor do I know much about card games. I was taught back home how to run a factory, and learning some more finer social graces, and stuides. It didnt leave a lot of time left for much else"
Letting his fist clench into an useen ballas his ahdn slips udner the table, a worried look on his face
"If it means anyhting I wish you the best of luck, I would hate for anyhting more to happen to this twon"
Unread 27 May 2004, 23:16   #272
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Watching Rhys, Gwendolyn catches his frustration. Letting her hand slip below the table to squeezes Rhys' reassuringly.
"Yes, good luck for your sake and all the town...I hope."

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 27 May 2004, 23:35   #273
Czar

"I'm sorry, Ms. Prim, but there are too many strange things going on in this town, and whatever is going on in the bar right now- I am quite obviously not the one to solve that particular riddle. I'll let the gun toting fools fight it out amongst themselves; I'll try and find out exactly What makes this town so bloody interesting... The only way I know to find that out is to run down every lead, one by one."

He looks around with concern on his face.

"Ms. Prim, I Have to start here- but you shouldn't be here. As you said, it isn't safe... Please, for my sake: Go home and stay there for now."
Unread 28 May 2004, 04:41   #274
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

DARKLING, DRAGONSJEM
Alec rises, giving you both a nod and smile. "I thank you both for your generous hospitality. 'Tis a shame there aren't more folk like you in this town. I give you my word I shall do all that is in my power to help you all get to the bottom of this. First, I shall ensure that that Aces character is somehow locked behind bars very soon. Immedietly after, I shall head to my lab where I will work up some sort of remedy for the indigestion everyone is experiencing....perhaps some sort of water purifier.....I shall be in my pharmacy if you need me."

He takes his hat and begins to head out the door. "Should you wish to come and give moral support, it would be quite an honor." With that he turns and leaves. A few gunshots can be heard from outside of town as he opens and closes the door.

MAD CAT
As you look around you hear, and see nothing. Whatever it is, it becomes obvious to you that it is not following, but watching. You see Mrs. Prim emerge from the mine above and look to what would be your left. She gasps and returns into the mine.

CZAR
"Yes.....I suppose you're right Mr. Gaunt. How gallant of you to risk your own life for this town. I've always been interested in adventure, but perhaps this really is no place for a school teacher." She leaves, but makes it no farther than the cave entrance. She gasps loudly and runs back to you. "Mr. Gaunt! There's men out there! Hiding in the woods, they've got guns!"

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 28 May 2004 at 06:31.
Unread 28 May 2004, 06:03   #275
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Watching as Alex leaves, Gwendolyn forces a smile of hope giving a little wave with her free hand. Suddenly as her opens the door the sound of the gun shots ran shivers up her spine causing the blood to drain from her face. Turning shaken to Rhys, cringing., she whispers almsot afraid someone will hear her.

"Did...did you hear that? Was that what I think it is?"

Unread 28 May 2004, 10:58   #276
Czar

"Get behind me! Quickly!", Gaunt whispered.

Crouching down he reached inside his satchel, and he took out the item he'd been keeping in there all that time. As quietly as he can he shuffles forward, towards the entrance.

Taking up a prone position, he sets his sniper rifles in his arms and starts to scan the surrounding area for targets.

Ms. Prim thinks she can hear him whisper: "Once more unto the breach, my friends... Once more, before we fall."
Unread 28 May 2004, 18:08   #277
Darkling

Rhys hearing the gunshot looks around nervously, relaxing his stance as he looks at Gwendolyn getting up to cover the distance between himself and her.
"It be alright I hate to admit it but gunshots are not all that uncommon, we are out on borders of society her meaning we have to get used to these things"
Placing his hands on her shoudlers gentle soflty speaking with his voice
"Im sure they are not coming this way theres no reason to"
Unread 28 May 2004, 19:01   #278
Mad cat

arthur smiles and chuckles at his own laxness, he should have been more attentive, he lowers his guns and uncocks them

alright, you can come out now, i dont think i have a reason to shoot anyone, besides, someone else appears to have taken notice of you.. are you by any chance working with aces?
Unread 28 May 2004, 20:20   #279
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

CZAR
Looking around, you see nothing but Arthur, who points his gun in a few directions then stops and lowers them. As he opens his mouth to speak, his words are inaudible to you because of Pinnelope's scream. "Mr. Gaunt! Behind........" before she can finish her sentence, she is thrown to the ground, and you get a hard whack over the head, sending you sprawling. Two men tie you up quickly. Two more men run in from outside the mine and grab and tie up Pinnelope. The speak to you in a spanish accent. "Now you listen to me. You struggle, it worse for you. You struggle and the lady die. Walk dis way." Having tied Pinnelope's hands behind her back as well, 3 of them walk behind you with their guns aimed at your back as the first one leads the way down deeper into the mine.

MADCAT
As you speak, you can barely even hear your own voice as Ms. Prim screams "Mr. Gaunt, behind......!" You see her get pushed to the ground. Immedietly following her scream, 2 men run out of the woods from either side of you and up the hill to the mine. Apparently they were watching all right, but not you. Being so engrossed in the goings on in the mine, they neglected to notice you at all. The two spanish looking men that had been trapsing around the woods with you tie up Pinnelope and after a few words with her and Gaunt, dissapear from sight into the mine.

DARKLING, DRAGONSJEM
No sooner does Alec leave than "Sadie" (she is only known by that) walks into the hotel with a distressed look on her face. She was one of the "ladies" from the "ladies house" down to the south of town, and was seldom seen somewhere besides there or the saloon looking for customers. "Sir, ma'am, I think I need to tell you something."

FISHBONE
Alec, the single eared pharmacist, enters the saloon and all goes quiet. He strolls over to the bartender and asks for a whiskey. Without looking you in the eye, he whispers to you under his breath. "How long have you been watchin that Aces guy play?"

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 28 May 2004 at 20:30.
Unread 28 May 2004, 20:38   #280
Darkling

Looking up ffrom his wife, Rhys eyes the women oddly. It was rare tog et one of the brothel girls around town let alone an inn
"If your looking for somwhere to stay Im afraid we cant really help there thanks to the sheriff, and if your looking for somwhere to practise your trade I would have you know we try to run a respactable establishment when its open."
Abrly giving the girl time to speak seeing the look on her face making him start dread this day
"But in your case Id say your here for an entrily diffrent reason, so if youd have a seat and have your say we help as bets we can."
HIs hand gnetle squeesing at Gwendolyns shoulder in a comforting way
Unread 28 May 2004, 20:44   #281
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

D&D
Almost sobbing, the girl struggles to gain her composure. "Oh, no sir Mr. Rhys, I know you are respectable people, and I wish I were only coming to look for a room or something. But after last night I'm afraid I've got some terrible news I just HAVE to tell you, no matter what may happen to me."

--Mark Twain
Unread 28 May 2004, 20:59   #282
Darkling

"What may happen to her?"
The words reapting in his mind, how could thigns be so dire for her right now. Moving away from Gwendolyn seeing this as no oridanry news as he figures, Rhys pulls a chair out from the table for the women to sit down on.
"Calm yourself now and tell me what you have to in your own time."
Trying to keep his vocie as controlled as posisble, yearnings to find out what she knew starting to naw and bite at his curiosty.
Unread 28 May 2004, 21:07   #283
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

D&D
Sadie sits down in the chair, the same one Alec had just used. You think to yourself that it is too bad the hotel was closed, you could be making a lot of money just selling tea to all the people who have dropped by today!

"Well, as you know, in my........profession.......we interact with many of the townsfolk. Last night......when that fire was blazing......I was with the banker. He........he talks in his sleep Mr. Rhys. Mrs. Gwen, I know it probably ain't my place, but I'm afraid you're both in terrible danger!"

--Mark Twain
Unread 28 May 2004, 21:14   #284
Darkling

Rhys letting out an exasperated sigh, compsoing himself shortly after.
"What would the bank manager have to do with us?, we have never deal with him before really besides the odd occasion."
Stepping back over to Gwendolyn taking her hand gnetle in his own, this was not going to be a good day at all.
Unread 28 May 2004, 21:17   #285
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

D&D
"I'm.......not to sure why........but in his sleep he mentioned you both and that you would 'pay for not selling' on Wednesday. That's tomorrow.....and something about making an 'example' out of you......oh its so horrible!" She pauses to regain her composure once again.

--Mark Twain
Unread 28 May 2004, 22:30   #286
Mad cat

arthur stands very surprised

is that possible? how could they miss me?

frowns

i guess its time for me to play hero, *sigh* swell

recocks his guns and heads up to the mine as quietly as possible, listening for any sounds behind him, he also looks back pereodicaly to see that noone is following him, when he reaches the mine he is about ten feet to the right of the entrance, he closes his eyes and moves to the entrance, taking about 20 seconds to do so, when he gets to the mouth of the cave he quickly moves into the gap, raises his guns and opens his eyes, he silently takes three steps foreward and looks into the gloom
Unread 29 May 2004, 04:27   #287
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Gwedolyn squeezes Rhys hand, shaking a little from frist the gun shots and now this news. She had barely been out here long enough to get used to such things. Although with all the terrible things happening there really was no way to be used to them. Listening intentlly trying to figure things out then looks to Rhys.

"Could the bank manager be behind all this? I shudder to think such a respectable man would sink so low." The threat slow to dawn on her in the shocked state. Comprehending a little more, she turns toward Sadie and continues.

"Sadie, did he say anything else? Anything that could give us an way to protect ourselves? Have you had any threatening umm...guests recently?" Her thoughts flooding out in an undignified manner.

Unread 29 May 2004, 04:34   #288
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MADCAT
As you approach the mine you are quite sure there is no one else behind you. Letting your eyes adjust to the dark before you enter the cave was a nice trick. You enter the mine and see only that there are various tunnels that branch off to the left and right, as well as continue straight ahead. Gaunt, Ms. Prim, and their fan club are no where to be seen, however, you can hear some people speaking loudly in spanish down the corridors.

D&D
"Well, there have been some hooligans from that cattle dive thats been sitting outside town for a while. They're led by a group of 4 spanish guys who call themselves the "Menendez Brothers". They get mad if you havent heard of them, they think they are famous or something. If you have any ways of protectin yourselves, I'd get right on it."

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 29 May 2004 at 16:49.
Unread 29 May 2004, 06:17   #289
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Gwendolyn's eyes moving slowly from Sadie to RHys, squeezing his hand again. Her voice cracking in fear.

"Do...do you think we can find help? Can we trust our guests....or Mr. Guant..someone...anyone?

Tears begin streaming down her cheeks ash she sights esasperated, completely over whelmed by everything.

Unread 29 May 2004, 09:38   #290
Czar

Seeing Ms. Prim is in danger, {"DAMN that ignorant woman...!"}, Gaunt knuckles under and goes along.

{"I'd better go along- never know what I might learn- IF I live..."}

"Lead on, hombre..."
Unread 29 May 2004, 11:49   #291
Fishbone

Tommy turned and tried not to stare at the pharmacist's ear as he spoke.

"Mmm, couple of hours I think? You're the guy playing him for the town, aren't you? Big stakes!"

He listened to the pharmacist's reply in the affirmative, and invited him to sit down.

"Listen, I did consider threatening him to lose, but then we'd be as bad as he is. I'm convinced he cheats here. We need to completely change the situation for him, to reduce the chance of him cheating completely. For instance, he always wears that long jacket. Tell him he has to take it off. Cards up the sleeves, you know. " Tommy paused for breath, and smiled slightly. He'd love to see Aces lose.

"He always has a crowd around him. I think there might be something there, as when I played him I made the crowd leave, and I won. Tell him you don't want anyone to watch. And he always plays on that table. Make him play on another, and make sure your back is to the wall. And tell him you want me to be the dealer. Best not to trust anyone. OK, got that? No jacket, no crowd, different table, me the dealer. Makes it a lot fairer. I hope you win buddy"

"Want a drink to calm your nerves?"

Tommy gesticulated for the barman to come over and pour the pharmacist a drink.
Unread 29 May 2004, 17:04   #292
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

D&D
"I wish I knew exactly what you need to do, but other than hide yourselves, I can't think of much. If you can trust your friends......if you can trust anyone in this town......do it. The men who come.....talk of terrible things when they are drunk......that's why I came. I couldn't bear to witness the things they talk about for myself."

FISHBONE
Alec smiles. "Thank you friend. The names Alec Spicer. I don't think I've seen you around here before. As for our pal Aces, no man can be as lucky as him. If I win, the deal is he gives back the title deeds to all the people he stole them from. I agree that he cheats like a dog, but I happen to have a little experience in catching people like that." He touches the spot where his ear used to be. "So its time to do it again. You see, if we prevent him from cheating, he still has a chance of winning, and will probably just change his cheating method. But, if we CATCH him cheating, especially with all these people and the Sheriff here, its an automatic loss for him. I need your eyes and ears. I'll play him this hand, but we HAVE to catch him before the hand is over, otherwise, all is lost. I've been watching him win a few hands as well, I don't think anyone in the audience is helping him, as they are mostly all people who have lost to him, rooting for the others. However he's cheating, he's got a quick hand, so don't take your eyes off........."

Before he can finish Aces calls out. "Hey! Pharmacist boy! Yew ready to lose yer livelyhood yet? Pretty near the whole dern towns turned out to watch it!"

Alec looks over at you, gives you a nod, and sits down at the table across from Aces. "Remember Aces.....a steady hand wins the game, no need to rush things."

Aces laughs. "Boy, my hand is as steady as they come!"

CZAR
After navigating through a series of tunnels and enduring the annoying laughs of the men as they crack jokes about you in spanish, you all finally arrive at one seems to be the end of the tunnel. "Dis is de end of the line for you my friend. You see, we have scenario for you. You come looking in mine where accident will befall you. The lady.......she shall come with us for......other purposes. You see, the problem with old mines like dis one, is dat they could collapse at any moment." The leader motions toward the wall at the end of the room. Many large boulders sit in place, but don't appear very well set. Then you realize that a bar has been wedged inbetween some of the bigger ones, with a rope attached to the other end. One of the men takes the rope and walks back to where Ms. Prim is being held as two of them force you at gunpoint to stand under the rocks, the one still holding a gun to Ms. Prims head. "Now, it will be your honor to die at the hands of.........The Menendez Brothers! Perhaps you have heard of us?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 29 May 2004, 17:57   #293
Darkling

Rhys holding onto Gwendolyns hand gnetle still, letting the figenrs of his free hand tap agaisnt the hard wood table.
"Well I can start locking things up and boarding up the windows for a start. That could slow them down if they plan on trying to get in here, I can shoot a pistol if needed though not as well as most. Might help as well if I allow for a exit incase we need one. Other tahn taht there little either of us can do to stop them ourselves"
Unread 29 May 2004, 20:35   #294
Czar

"The Menendez Boys, eh? Pah... I heard better of you- but apparently the rumours were wrong." Gaunt spat, disdain in his eyes.

"Kidnapping innocent schoolteachers for God-knows-what purpose, and attacking a man in the back. Truly the acts of cowards. I'd bet you none of you could stand up to me in a fair test of skills..."

"Bah."
Unread 30 May 2004, 07:19   #295
Mad cat

says quietly: ahh, the mexicans... hm.

moves foreward and tries to determine which way the group went

hfm!

chuckles a little

el demonio que hace trofies de hombre, that stupid fool...

continues to inch foreward, listening to the voices
Unread 30 May 2004, 17:01   #296
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

[ooc] I hate bugs, and viruses, and worms, and spy ware, and anything that keeps making using the internet impossible [/ooc]
Walking unsteadily down the street, Father Simon thanked the Lord that the pharmacist’s assistant had been in the shop; the balm was already soothing the burns on his flesh, and although he still had to stop for a coughing fit every few minutes at least he could walk when he wasn’t forcibly trying to eject a lung.
Standing over the ruins of his beloved little church, Simon couldn’t help but feel a deep regret, but also foreboding. One thing he had been sure of since these troubles started was the durability of the little old building; no-one could buy it out, or close it, and a representation of God’s presence it was a place of sanctuary and strength for the whole community. But now this rock had been shattered. If this place could fall, so could anything.
Forcing his feelings down, Father Simon hobbled further down the street. Nothing more could be salvaged, bar the two items he still held- crucifix in one hand, straight razor in the other. The housewife who had let him stay in her parlour in the morning had tried to take them, but they would not leave his side; he made sure of that. He was left with nowhere to stay as well, but before begging for space in other parlours, he thought to try the inn. Paying little attention to the signs around it, he went up to the front door and knocked politely.
“Ahem- is anybody here?”
Unread 30 May 2004, 19:16   #297
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

D&D
"Anything you think would help." Pausing for a moment, looking as though she is debating whether or not to reveal information, she finally speaks up. "I do have one more bit of information that may help you. Every night before they "utilize" our services, the Sheriff and Mr. McNeville stand out on the porch of the house and talk. Whenever anyone opens the door or window they stop and move down the road. The house is rather isolated, so its not hard to get out of speaking range. They usually start their talks around 6. I know it may seem a little impolite, but perhaps if you were to evesdrop on them you might find out what they are planning?"

Suddenly there is a knock on your door.

"Oh, it seems you have company"

ANARCHARNATE (He's back!)
As you head towards the Hotel, you notice there a couple rough looking men who seem to be doing nothing more than walking up and down the street, looking places over. Arriving at the Hotel, you knock, and wait for the owners to open the door.

MADCAT
Following the Spanish voices, you manage to correctly navigate your way through the tunnels. You turn the last corner and find the whole group. Jumping back behind the wall and watching them, you arrive in time to hear Gaunt reply ""The Menendez Boys, eh? Pah... I heard better of you- but apparently the rumours were wrong." Gaunt spat, disdain in his eyes.

"Kidnapping innocent schoolteachers for God-knows-what purpose, and attacking a man in the back. Truly the acts of cowards. I'd bet you none of you could stand up to me in a fair test of skills..."

"Bah."

Gaunt stands below a pile of loose rocks that have a bar wedged into them. The end of the bar is attached to a rope, which one of the men is holding. Two more point guns at Gaunt, and the last keeps Ms. Prim from escaping. (READ CZAR'S DM)

CZAR
The outlaws look at each other for a moment. "You know Jose, he is right, we should be honorable!"

"Callate inutil! We are not honorable, we are dispicable! De boss wants him taken care of. Remember what happened last time we tried to be honorable? You got a black eye! That dont look good when we robbing stagecoaches you know? When I have to say things like 'Ah, don't mind Eduardo, he lost a fight to a woman!'"

"I suppose you're right hermano. Ok, I pull the rope, you tell me when and dis vato die!"

2 of the men keep guns trained on you in case you move. Jose chuckles. "Any last words vato?"

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 30 May 2004 at 22:16.
Unread 31 May 2004, 13:12   #298
Darkling

"Well I better go and see who that is"
Rhys gets up and walks out of the kithcen area, making his way into the reception. Unbolting the front wooden door to see who is there. Catching sight of the local priest
"Good day father, what brings you to grace us with your presence?"
Unread 31 May 2004, 14:59   #299
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

"Well, my friend- i assume you saw the state of the church? As you realise, i have no place to stay. I have a little money in the bank though, and i ask only for a room until..." Father Simon stopped, hand resting against the door frame to keep himself steady whilst he coughed heavily.
"Until it can be rebuilt. And by the Lord, it *will* be rebuilt."
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:15   #300
Darkling

Rhys takes a look around outside quickly, catching sight of two people watching the inn suspcusly.
"Come in best we talk inside"
Waitng for the priest to clear the doorway before quickly shutting it, slippingover the large bolt with a click.
"I respect your proffesion so wont ask for money, not that I could anyway thanks to the sheriff. Your free to stay here as long as you like for free, there are two rooms felt that are not taken though id ask you to take the third one down the hall upstairs, I have plans for the back room im afraid. The rooms are alredy made up so there should not be a problem"
Reaching over to the reception brings a key out from underneath desk, handing it to the priest
"Here you go fatheryour room key it is market, ill leaev you to get comfatbel I apologise for not welcoming you better but times are a little ahrd right now. The kitchen is in the back if you need any food or some tea, a rarity out here but we had a lot brought wiht us from our home country."

Rhys face seem somber and worried making his way back into the kitchen brickly.
"Sadie I noticed some mne standing around outide focused on the inn, it might be best for you to slip out the abck and go around some other building unseen. You have already helped enough we dont want endanger you anymore than you already have, I better go about baoridng up the windows though just in case"
Rhys bows politly steppign out onto abck yard to the makeshift shed, bringing lenghts of wood out followed by a basic looking hammer and a bag. Slipping upstairs a constant thump being heard through the house from the rooms.