User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Dec 2009, 01:16   #251
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 34 officially over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
Still can't understand why people let Asc & App win the rounds constantly. Imo everyone should hit them from PT0 till the last tick of round. Would be fun to know how these alliances always find someone to follow/obey them and let them live :/
the reason asc and apprime are working together is the fact the rest of the universe chose to block up to hit them

if people actually applied thought to their politics instead of just saying 'hey lets 5 on 1 gangbang this alliance! thatll work!' then maybe youd see asc and apprime fighting and entirely different blocks/alliances formed between different groups
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 01:36   #252
Cronix

Cronix can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
I ROFL at the suggestion that both ASC and APP will win the round as they are part of the same block. That ASC feeds this bullshit to APP I understand, they're in the position to do it, but that APP is swallowing it as if it was a divine nectar, that's just unbelievable.
mmm, divine nectar

Apprime HC
Cronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 01:37   #253
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Also anyone thinking Ascendancy is puppeteering Apprime hasn't watched sandmans really good what happens if both get a 'free' night of roiding.
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 01:43   #254
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I think you have to seriously question the value of a win derived, not from your own quality in any sense, but merely from the fact a bunch of other alliances don't want a lot of incoming for the rest of the round.
If Ascendancy won this one it would be marginally less worthless than round 31, but quite probably less satisfying as the BG's don't get destroyed amirite
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 10:24   #255
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I ROFL at the suggestion that both ASC and APP will win the round as they are part of the same block. That ASC feeds this bullshit to APP I understand, they're in the position to do it, but that APP is swallowing it as if it was a divine nectar, that's just unbelievable.
Just because you´d like Asc and App hit each other so everyone else can have an easy ride and circle jerk about oh how great they´ve been, doesn´t mean the players involved in both allies can´t feel like it has been a joint venture and therefor a pretty shared victory.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 13:17   #256
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone really cares or wants Asc and Apprime to fight each other at this stage. You will declare a joint victory, but i see no point or sense in denying that both Apprime and Ascendancy would like to be the alliance ending as #1, even if it only means a little. Kind of like "First among equals".
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 13:47   #257
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k View Post
I don't think anyone really cares or wants Asc and Apprime to fight each other at this stage. You will declare a joint victory, but i see no point or sense in denying that both Apprime and Ascendancy would like to be the alliance ending as #1, even if it only means a little. Kind of like "First among equals".
Actually from what I have noticed, and Lokken and JBG will flame me for this being 'incompetent' Planetarion, there are quite some people in Ascendancy that would not mind seeing Apprime as the #1 tag, it's the most likely of things happening at the moment.
1:2 will get the galaxy win as they are virtually untouchable and who will get planet win is unclear but I hope it will be one of 3:2 or Dmnts (me and signs barely have a shot at it)

So I think your assumption is although maybe correct that both want to see it happen, also not really applicable.
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 14:09   #258
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Actually from what I have noticed, and Lokken and JBG will flame me for this being 'incompetent' Planetarion, there are quite some people in Ascendancy that would not mind seeing Apprime as the #1 tag, it's the most likely of things happening at the moment.
1:2 will get the galaxy win as they are virtually untouchable and who will get planet win is unclear but I hope it will be one of 3:2 or Dmnts (me and signs barely have a shot at it)

So I think your assumption is although maybe correct that both want to see it happen, also not really applicable.
Your chances of getting the planet win have also gotten much better after neroon and Patrikc quite succesfully auto-eliminated themselves from the race
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 14:44   #259
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

Dimentus the bulgarian for NUMBER 1 I SAY!
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 15:13   #260
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Oh I am forgetting ATRO! He has a shot too!
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 16:00   #261
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I am winning, btw.
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 16:24   #262
rUl3r

Quote:
Funny enough, looking at the ally distribution of 1:2, it´s a nice block gal overall, strengthening the thought of a "block win"
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 16:25   #263
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

I'll win if I start 3 fleet defending every night. True story.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 16:41   #264
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude View Post
I'll win if I start 3 fleet defending every night. True story.
Its funny, because its true

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 17:57   #265
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Your chances of getting the planet win have also gotten much better after neroon and Patrikc quite succesfully auto-eliminated themselves from the race

hehe, was quite sucky neways im gonna xp whore myself back to top1!
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 18:10   #266
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

until the game is altered so that there is more than one alliance who can win the game at the same time, then there is no such thing as a joint victory. There is only one alliance who can offically win the round, so please cut the crap

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 18:15   #267
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
until the game is altered so that there is more than one alliance who can win the game at the same time, then there is no such thing as a joint victory. There is only one alliance who can offically win the round, so please cut the crap

As said, Apprime probably wins tag.
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 18:16   #268
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Don't worry guys, winning isn't all it's cracked up to be.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 18:27   #269
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As said, Apprime probably wins tag.
I think you're overly certain here. I'd estimate the odds closer to 50/50. A lot can happen in 11 days.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 21:57   #270
Pommeh
eXcessum

Pommeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Funny enough, looking at the ally distribution of 1:2, it´s a nice block gal overall, strengthening the thought of a "block win"
tbh it's just down to the awesome GCing of that #8 guy!

Quite possibly the worst player you've ever heard of!?

Yes! but you have heard of me.
Pommeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 03:28   #271
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Whoever finishes #2 will have lost. That's quite simple. Yes I'd like to see a fight between App and Asc, not because I want to steal roids while they're busy, but because it would clearly show which one is the best fighter. If no fight I confirm my prediction before round started, ASC will win, they are way better at politics.
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 08:45   #272
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Hut you are forgetting that the ones who used to do Ascendancy politics aren't the same ones as this round.
Also, after having won:
Round 26, 28,29,30,31 and 33 ... do you really think that round 34 would be that special to also win?
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 09:02   #273
rUl3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
It´s highly amusing how the side of the war who brought themselves into a really terrible situation keeps claiming the other side can´t win as one side.
You started the crap, basically.
Since our cooperation is way beyond the occasional "let´s raid a gal together" I well consider us being a team, and that we can win as a team. Just because you try to belittle our joint efforts don´t mean they aren´t there - and tbh, what people from your side consider hardly matters as long as our side agrees on a joint effort. Or maybe not, time will tell, but it´s certainly not up to the losing side to decide about the precise conditions of victory.
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 09:04   #274
rUl3r

Quote:
Whoever finishes #2 will have lost. That's quite simple. Yes I'd like to see a fight between App and Asc, not because I want to steal roids while they're busy, but because it would clearly show which one is the best fighter. If no fight I confirm my prediction before round started, ASC will win, they are way better at politics.
That would certainly be interesting, but due to politics of a couple of allies it´s rather unlikely to happen. If DENSC would seriously crumble and die and the game would turn completely boring and stagnant, we could have a nice endgame, but I don´t see that happening to an extent to justify us turning on each other.
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 09:41   #275
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hut you are forgetting that the ones who used to do Ascendancy politics aren't the same ones as this round.
Also, after having won:
Round 26, 28,29,30,31 and 33 ... do you really think that round 34 would be that special to also win?
So far Asc is doing as good without JBG and F-crew isn't doing better with him...
When I say ASC is better at politics, you illustrates it perfectly, now even if APP wins it will be because ASC couldn't be bothered... :-)
Well, sorry to say but if APP wins they will have purely and simply defeated ASC... how does that sound ? certainly less appealing that "we let them win this round coz we're bored".
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 09:47   #276
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Apprime knows it, and we know it, that if they win, the seriously deserve it. Their holding out on their own has been pretty amazing and when we sided with them not only did they turn into a formidable attacking machine again, they still kept their steady defence and even added to our defence pool. So no, we are not belitteling their win if they should. We are just downplaying our 'loss' should we end second.
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 09:48   #277
rUl3r

Quote:
So far Asc is doing as good without JBG and F-crew isn't doing better with him...
When I say ASC is better at politics, you illustrates it perfectly, now even if APP wins it will be because ASC couldn't be bothered... :-)
Well, sorry to say but if APP wins they will have purely and simply defeated ASC... how does that sound ? certainly less appealing that "we let them win this round coz we're bored".
Again, it´s the losing side that tries to define the criteria for a joint or solo win. That´s ridiculous. If DENSC would beat Asc/App, they´d surely claim a joint victory for all, with one ally being #1 tag, but still a joint victory over App/Asc.
Hypocrisy, anyone?
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 11:20   #278
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Again it's quality over quantity , both asc and app are workin towards one of our tags getting #1, given that we were pushed together by the densc block we have every right to claim a joint victory regardless of which tag ends first

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 11:43   #279
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As much as I'd love to claim sole credit for every political decision in all of those rounds there were others, primarily golan and game, who were involved just as much as I was.
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 13:59   #280
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

None of which are playing this round.
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 14:32   #281
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Would be interesting indeed and I am confident the block would happily all go gal-raiding till end of round if that’s what asc/app wanted to-do (obviously never gonna happen) However in this theoretical situation my money would be on asc, they have the momentum, the larger def pool and the better race makeup for a 1v1.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 15:37   #282
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You are in some kind of alternate universe. If the block goes for Asc for the rest of the round, the chance of Asc ending #2 is zero..... We have no control over the top alliance, but we have full control over which alliance ends #2.
But I don't want to grow a goatee
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 17:26   #283
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

I cant see us not winning gal at this stage, but u never know...

With all the crashes going on, any in top20 whos zik can win + dimentus.
Its very close this round with top planets, much because the two prev. #1 both crashed

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 19:32   #284
rUl3r

Quote:
Goatees are nice, really
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 19:54   #285
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I cant see us not winning gal at this stage, but u never know...
Only way possible would be some sort of emo resulting in planets deleting/exiling out. Even crashing wouldn't blow away enough score.

Quote:
With all the crashes going on, any in top20 whos zik can win + dimentus.
Its very close this round with top planets, much because the two prev. #1 both crashed
I'd discount any non-vsn/app/asc planets as too likely to get killed before the round ends. Still a ton of planets in there though, I'd include signs as well. Patrikc and neroon weren't that far ahead really. Tek dying still almost certainly cost him the #1 spot though. I'd put my money on atro probably (unless some alliance takes that prediction as a challenge) with eksero a close second. Really I'm in it for 1.2.4 though. If he won it'd probably be sufficiently embarrassing for everyone playing to just quietly shut down their computers and never play pa again
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 20:04   #286
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Only way possible would be some sort of emo resulting in planets deleting/exiling out. Even crashing wouldn't blow away enough score.
ye, but then again we have elviz ingal and foxman... things can still happen

Quote:
Really I'm in it for 1.2.4 though. If he won it'd probably be sufficiently embarrassing for everyone playing to just quietly shut down their computers and never play pa again
If that planet idd does win, we can both stop playing PA! Lets hope so

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 20:27   #287
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
if APP wins they will have purely and simply defeated ASC
Quote:
We have no control over the top alliance, but we have full control over which alliance ends #2.
The loosing block has control over who finished second, but not full control. To be precise, they have control over who finishes first out of Ascendancy and Apprime, and by process of elimination which of the two finishes second.

Consider this for a moment. Between them, Ascendancy and Apprime have both first and second place secured, and this will not change unless one of them makes a mistake (crashing etc.) which I think we can all agree is unlikely. However, because of outside forces (the opposing block), neither one can influence the exact result.

Had the two alliances been left alone after the result of the war was decided, Ascendancy would have probably won having emerged from the war with a fairly big roid and score lead through playing superior politics. Let's not take away from Apprime though: Apprime faced the opposing block much longer and at points single-handedly, and still survived, and I think we can agree that had the two alliances emerged from the war level, Apprime would have certainly won after having demonstrated by far the best roiding ability this round.

So, as a unit, the Apprime/Ascendancy block has beaten their opposing block. As individual alliances, the two of them have almost certainly secured both first and second places. As for which will actually win, well, when you look from the perspective of inside this block, the deciding factor is some external random coin flip that can not be influenced.

When you look at it from this perspective, how can you not see that they have won, and will share the victory as a unit? Ignore the arbitrary tag rankings that are imposed on the game and think reasonably about it.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 21:44   #288
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you have a sophisticated view of the game (that it's one of military and political power) then yes, you could be of the opinion that we have a block victory. If you played the earlier rounds then I'd say you're more likely to recognise that. However, the game abolished this and by its definition of winning, by coming second you lose. That's the one that matters to most people I think. It doesn't mean it's the most relevant or accurate but it's the one that matters and you have to accept that.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed that some Ascendancy are going to be happy with second. Apprime got hit hard because they overplayed their hand (as they always do), if you think they 'deserve' something because they fought on, then you're missing the hallmarks of an Ascendancy victories. Which have often been by playing smarter and more disciplined while not necessarily being as active as everybody else. I don't see why anyone - Apprime, Ascendancy, ND, DLR or Euphoria should have to settle for the status quo. I mean, if you were an alliance full of newbies against an alliance full of hardened experts then i'd understand why some are so risk averse. But that is clearly not the case here.

At the moment the victor is faced with winning a limp to the finish, second place is settling for being the victim of a block's quite frankly aimless targeting and the rest are settling for failure on every scale and precipitating it by stagnation.
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 21:54   #289
Pommeh
eXcessum

Pommeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
ye, but then again we have elviz ingal and foxman... things can still happen

If that planet idd does win, we can both stop playing PA! Lets hope so
wow, let's not get carried away here..

This rounds goals = Pommeh in eorc.. admittedly we've probably achieved that through topgal, however I would be 4th up to talk?... not good enough! You and the groovy gang should start escorting me! <3

Quite possibly the worst player you've ever heard of!?

Yes! but you have heard of me.
Pommeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 23:07   #290
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
If you have a sophisticated view of the game (that it's one of military and political power) then yes, you could be of the opinion that we have a block victory. If you played the earlier rounds then I'd say you're more likely to recognise that. However, the game abolished this and by its definition of winning, by coming second you lose. That's the one that matters to most people I think. It doesn't mean it's the most relevant or accurate but it's the one that matters and you have to accept that.
I think the difference between this and recent rounds is that usually we have a scenario where the best alliances are fighting against each other, and any blocks (or whatever you want to call the limited form of cooperation) form up around that. As a result, we usually have a situation where second place fought on the opposite side of the war to first place, and then second place is quite simply first loser. This round is different, Apprime and Ascendancy's block has been one of mutual control and leadership, there is no single controlling alliance of the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I have to say I'm quite disappointed that some Ascendancy are going to be happy with second. Apprime got hit hard because they overplayed their hand (as they always do), if you think they 'deserve' something because they fought on, then you're missing the hallmarks of an Ascendancy victories. Which have often been by playing smarter and more disciplined while not necessarily being as active as everybody else. I don't see why anyone - Apprime, Ascendancy, ND, DLR or Euphoria should have to settle for the status quo. I mean, if you were an alliance full of newbies against an alliance full of hardened experts then i'd understand why some are so risk averse. But that is clearly not the case here.

At the moment the victor is faced with winning a limp to the finish, second place is settling for being the victim of a block's quite frankly aimless targeting and the rest are settling for failure on every scale and precipitating it by stagnation.
Totally agree and share your disappointment.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 23:51   #291
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

I think the SCEND block should split and go back to galraiding, and let App/Asc fight it out for first uninterrupted.

This is the first round for a VERY VERY long time that two alliances have been on such equal strength and chance for winning, and it's disappointing from a neutral observer's perspective that they're happy to just "let it be and see who gets hit less".

Apprime have worked very very hard this round and are doing well to be where they are, but all they've done is prove they can beat a load of alliances that aren't as good as them.

I did take a few rounds out though so if there's been an App/Asc fight that I've missed then please, tell me how it went? Infact, let's just start talking about Legion/Fury again because this AVA vs SCEND discussion/fight is just ****ing boring.
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 12:10   #292
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I think the SCEND block should split and go back to galraiding, and let App/Asc fight it out for first uninterrupted.
Expecting non allied players to not take advantage of some hypothetical split between App and Asc at this stage of the game is one of the most insane things I have ever read on this forum.

Yes, on the surface the current situation looks staggeringly dull, but presumably beneath the surface all the little ducks feet are paddling furiously.

Either App or Asc are going to win. At the time of this post there is 4M between them - if that alliance breaks then the resulting shitstorm will be more than enough to wipe out 4M.

The only "dull" thing is the seemingly never ending domination of Asc - I personally still expect them to win the round but its marginally more exciting than I expected it would be.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 13:55   #293
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post

This is the first round for a VERY VERY long time that two alliances have been on such equal strength and chance for winning, and it's disappointing from a neutral observer's perspective that they're happy to just "let it be and see who gets hit less".

Apprime have worked very very hard this round and are doing well to be where they are, but all they've done is prove they can beat a load of alliances that aren't as good as them.
I think everyone knows the SCEND block is quite happy to facilitate this desire - if that’s what asc/app want then they should let us know - however I am pretty sure they are quite happy with how things are.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 15:12   #294
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Obviously some of the latest crashes and target switching from Asc to Apprime and the to Vision for a night, and then back to Asc is not what i envisioned :P
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 15:23   #295
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Obviously some of the latest crashes and target switching from Asc to Apprime and the to Vision for a night, and then back to Asc is not what i envisioned :P
Yeah, to be honest given the quality shown I don't think any possible political strategy would have worked beyond the "do something to try and split apprime/ascendancy and hope for a miracle" one. Which would still leave ascendancy or apprime top and only mean you managed to kill one alliance which for a block of five alliances including the top 2 alliances when it started is such a bad return I'd like to advise you all to invest in my rocks that keep away tigers scheme.
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 15:23   #296
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
So, as a unit, the Apprime/Ascendancy block has beaten their opposing block. As individual alliances, the two of them have almost certainly secured both first and second places. As for which will actually win, well, when you look from the perspective of inside this block, the deciding factor is some external random coin flip that can not be influenced.

When you look at it from this perspective, how can you not see that they have won, and will share the victory as a unit? Ignore the arbitrary tag rankings that are imposed on the game and think reasonably about it.
Basically since i posted that little piece:

1. Our block HCs have been switching targets instead of just hitting one single alliance.
2. Our top planets have crashed shitloads of value. Not very good for moral, especially when those planets are BCs.

Sadly, any of the goals i thought could have been achieved, some of them more easily than others, are now again totally out of our control. And the Asc+App block didn't even have to move a finger, it was basically us that shot ourselves in the foot, and the knees, and the balls (just for good measure).
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 15:32   #297
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Yeah, to be honest given the quality shown I don't think any possible political strategy would have worked beyond the "do something to try and split apprime/ascendancy and hope for a miracle" one. Which would still leave ascendancy or apprime top and only mean you managed to kill one alliance which for a block of five alliances including the top 2 alliances when it started is such a bad return I'd like to advise you all to invest in my rocks that keep away tigers scheme.
I must admit that i didn't expect us to fail so miserably.
In terms of quality of players and activity Asc and Apprime are just too much for any other alliance. Politically, i think that in a round where the two alliances are playing, the chance of a third alliance ending #1 is close to zero.
We can either cry ourselves to sleep or we can try and make the round interesting. Even when the round victory has been decided, there's still plenty of time and room left for more fighting, and although Asc+App will have complete control of the round, it will not be as bad as other block rounds, where stagnation killed the round weeks before it ended.
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 17:01   #298
JonnyBGood
Banned

You could easily make an alliance close enough player quality wise to ascendancy or apprime out of the rest of the block (especially as a fair few people in both alliances aren't as active as they used to be). I mean euphoria haven't looked that bad this round at all, between them and the parts of DLR that don't crash (which seems to be more the parts of DLR that have always been there) you could easily make a 60 man alliance that should be able to challenge Ascendancy and Apprime. Whether they would or not due to lack of leadership, unwillingness to make the necessary sacrifices or the standard "we dont care about #1 lol" attitude which has made pa so dreary recently is questionable. I mean seriously how many ****ing cores does everyone have to build? Between the rebuilding rounds and the just playing for gal ranks and the i want to help my friends do well and the we're trying to develop our core I'm surprised anyone would even notice if we deleted the alliance rankings.
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 19:09   #299
rUl3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
Expecting non allied players to not take advantage of some hypothetical split between App and Asc at this stage of the game is one of the most insane things I have ever read on this forum.

Yes, on the surface the current situation looks staggeringly dull, but presumably beneath the surface all the little ducks feet are paddling furiously.

Either App or Asc are going to win. At the time of this post there is 4M between them - if that alliance breaks then the resulting shitstorm will be more than enough to wipe out 4M.

The only "dull" thing is the seemingly never ending domination of Asc - I personally still expect them to win the round but its marginally more exciting than I expected it would be.
Due to the fact we can´t control the targetting of DENSC, and they continuing efforts they´ve shown to hit Asc despite the fact we´re somewhat low on roids and Apprime are terrible at def compared to Ascendancy (that´s at least what the numbers on Sandmans suggest, I can´t really judge based on anything else as I haven´t payed enough attention with all the studying I had to do), I kinda doubt Asc will win.
That said, maybe we pull something genuine out of our sleeves, I tend not to know such things in advance lately. With their current roidlead, Apprime will mine like 12 million extra value compared to Ascendancy, and given they´re not complete idiots, it will be hard (if not impossible) to xp race them in tag rankings.

Anyway, to adress Loks disappointment: At least I personally don´t settle for #2 tag, but I pretty much see the #1/#2 tag ranks as internal competition, heavily influenced by external factors beyond our control.
Looking at the level of cooperation between Asc and App this round brought to us, I just don´t even feel like turning on them, at least not when I´m absolutely sure they DENSC remains would try to feed on that and it wouldn´t be a "fun competition who´s better" in the end. It might be an old-fashioned sense of honour I maintain, but I´d rather stick to Apprime and end 2nd as a tag (team win though) than backstab them in any way.
Considering this, the decision who ends first and second is, sadly, not really ours as DENSC appearantly are not guided by logic at all (see above) and decided to hit Asc beyond any rational point (or they got a great plan I just fail to see).
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 19:26   #300
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Considering this, the decision who ends first and second is, sadly, not really ours as DENSC appearantly are not guided by logic at all (see above) and decided to hit Asc beyond any rational point (or they got a great plan I just fail to see).
I believe app are percieved as the lesser of two evils as quite frankly everyone is fed up of asc dominating and would rather avoid adding R34 to their tick-sheet. Apprime however are a charming bunch and cardi has woo'ed us superstars with his intelligence and wit! If you think there is some strategic ploy going on here or even a pretense of a greater plan, you are mistaken. Originally it was our hope that by focusing on one ally we would eventually get the other to defend enough that their planets would get deleted - clearly this is a threat that the MH's have no intention of following through on so has been disregarded as an option.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~