User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 4 Apr 2023, 14:49   #1
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Alliance Limits

Reduce alliance limits down to 30.

Playerbase doesnt support 50 planet tags.
Unread 5 Apr 2023, 02:37   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Alliance Limits

The round after a 'special' round usually sees fewer signups. If they're still this low next round, I agree. Probably want to lower them gradually, though? Avoid forcing alliances to kick half their members

(Or rather, play with a 20-man support tag. (Though that would still be better than playing with a 50-man support tag.))
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2023, 07:11   #3
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The round after a 'special' round usually sees fewer signups. If they're still this low next round, I agree. Probably want to lower them gradually, though? Avoid forcing alliances to kick half their members

(Or rather, play with a 20-man support tag. (Though that would still be better than playing with a 50-man support tag.))
Yeah that makes sense, reduce it incrementally.
Unread 7 Apr 2023, 08:18   #4
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

There are not enough people who want / have the time to lead an alliance. So that will most likely just further reduce the number of players (and CaRnage will most likely just end up with 4 tags ).

What alliances should do is consider the benefit of the game more. Although that is obviously extremely difficult to achieve. To take this round as an example, what should not have been done is for Nomads to have EOR NAPs with 3 alliances. The current player base is too small to support such a deal and it absolutely destroys the game. But I'm afraid nobody will stand up and say 'we NAPed too many alliances' or whatever. Just taking this as an example as the same thing happens every round in a slightly different form, in the end players like to keep their asteroids too much... I can only see this change if the mechanism of the game changes too. I.e. it should be made (very) beneficial to not attack the same targets/alliances the entire round long.

I am not a big fan of secondary tags either, it doesn't create a level playing field.

P.S. I think EOR NAPs are stupid in general, agreeing to be NAPed the entire round no matter how the game plays out is not in the benefit of the game at all.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2023, 23:03   #5
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I love that you can take a 5 year hiatus, and come back to this place and mistaking a new thread for being the same one you were replying to back them.

Looking at stats from the last round, the amount of full tags, surely, could not gave been higher EVER(?). Please correct me if i am mistaken mz.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2023, 16:49   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
I love that you can take a 5 year hiatus, and come back to this place and mistaking a new thread for being the same one you were replying to back them.
Sure brings back memories don't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Looking at stats from the last round, the amount of full tags, surely, could not gave been higher EVER(?). Please correct me if i am mistaken mz.
Nah, that's probably accurate enough. Most of the people who returned for r100 left again after, though, and combined with the multis that maybe finally got axed(!??), this round's numbers are a record low. Number of planets at tick 404:
r99: 687
r100: 795
r101: 575
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by lokken; 10 Apr 2023 at 23:11. Reason: fixed vb tags
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2023, 13:43   #7
druGs`

druGs` is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
CaRnage will most likely just end up with 4 tags )
So what? Nomads already had so many support tags this round that one of them actually had its own support tag TiT.
druGs` is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2023, 04:31   #8
Linx

Linx is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Alliance Limits

Love the smaller alliance suggestion but it does come with some hurdles.

- leadership/running alliance
setting up chat channel, maybe a webby, having a scanner raid target picker. doubling the amount of people that do this would be difficult, the only resolution could possibly be incentives for these people (free account status or 5% increase in mining or research or extra starting bonus).

- You can never stop NAP's but there should be a cost for them, no idea how to enforce this.
Linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2023, 00:32   #9
Ghosteh
Pariah

Ghosteh is a jewel in the roughGhosteh is a jewel in the roughGhosteh is a jewel in the rough

galaxy brained take: remove alliances, replaced with bigger galaxies as the key game driver
Ghosteh is offline   Reply With Quote