User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 16:59   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
MM and GD should be ashamed of itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just read through TSM's apology thread and the Levi 501's - "A Midsummers Night Dream" to which the drama relates and really feel the actions of Marilyn Manson are absolutely appalling and simply unacceptable.

TSM's initial thread was harmless enough, it was not trolling, name calling or negative in any way. It was merely commenting on his GF's attraction to an actor in an advert.

So why did a moderator of long standing such as MM feel the need to be the first to reply with a little playground name calling towards the posters girlfriend? Now you may not consider this to be a direct personal attack on TSM but some would disagree.

In this instance TSM did disagree.

So from this point on a harmless post was turned into a series of insults between TSM and MM totally devoid of the initial subject.

What happened next I believe was the direct result of MM antagonising TSM. Dace jumped in with another insult directed at TSM's girlfriend and whether this was meant as a joke or not, I can imagine from TSM's point of view what had resulted so far from his innocent thread was an outright personal attack by some GD regulars.

MM followed up with further insult by insinuating TSM was a spastic for indulging in a little name calling himself.

We are told this behavious is not acceptable (The CHIKA file thread points this out] and yet in this instance the actions of two regulars with 17000 posts between them caused a relative novice poster to feel he had to fight back.

And what happens then? Well, after Dace takes the thread completely off topic and spams the thread with 'your girlfriend' jokes the rest of GD follows suit. This includes Mr upstanding GD ban stick commander Marilyn Manson. Is it really any wonder TSM lost his cool?

Why were those GD regulars who all closed rank to join in the 'fun' at what was already confirmed to be TSM's expense not given warnings to keep the thread on topic and stop insulting TSM?

Had it have been someone like CHIKA, to give a recent example, who came into a thread and totally trashed the topic to make his own jokes I can imagine the ranks would have closed in the opposite direction.

Then to make make matters worse for TSM, GD's very own little china doll, Madi, pops up to claim its rediculous to get violent over a series of 'you mama' jokes on the internet. For your information fluffy, I can imagine the jokes were not the real reason he lost his temper but the fact a whole fking forum getting on his case was for no bloody reason!

If we have rules that we must abide by, for gods sake apply them to everyone and not just a select few who arent part of the 'clique'.

After reading TSM's apology for his behaviour, which considering he was the victim is a VERY GOOD gesture, I feel the least those whose waded in on the ensuing assault should do likewise. Most of all Marilyn Manson.

I know I'm not really allowed to critises and that after I hit submit I will probably face the moderators wrath, no doubt involking Clause 1 with a 1 day or permanent ban to follow, but hey ho. Life goes on.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote