Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 May 2004, 15:48   #1
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Dark Arena

"Laaaaaadies and Gentlemen! Here we are in the Dark arena once again to bring you a whole host of bloody aaaccction!"

*Explosives, set in the centre of the arena, explode with a bright flash.

"Wwwith 6 sophonts fighting it out for a place in the final match up, to decide who will become......The Dark arena champion!"

The crowd roars its approval heartily.

"For those of you not familiar with the Dark arena....please watch this entertaining vid!"

*A big video screen bursts into life, the logo of the dark arena murkily hovering on the screen.
(Voiceover): "The dark arena, started by the dark knights of the 22nd century, a place of ritual...

In the arena, several 'knights' in pitch-black armour come out, make a circle around a newly raised pedestal, they raise their swords.

(Voiceover): They performed the ritual of blood here, the start of a tournament that would last for 3 days and nights of fighting each other until one man reigned supreme!

The dark ‘knights’ pull knives and cut themselves on the palm, their blood mixing and dripping over the side of the pedestal. They then start fighting each other, acting out a battle.

(Voiceover): But mysteriously, one year, they performed the opening ritual as usual, then as they started to fight, the walls came alive with the many thousands of souls that had fallen in the walls, slaying them all in one titanic blood bath. Their blood dried on the walls, turning them black.

The ‘knights’ in the arena suddenly explode, showering the audience with false blood and gore. The walls absorbing the blood as it falls on them.

(Voiceover): No one has dared to enter the arena, until now! It is said that the victor of the arena will gain the powers of the arena itself….but only time will tell….

The screen fades to black.

“Well, wasn’t that interesting folks! Now, the history lesson is over, lets get down with the fighting!
-

Contenders:
1. Bakan

Also, need two judges, so if anyone is interested..

Each fight will last 48 hours, after 48 hours the fight will be closed. The fight will be judged and a winner decided.

“Lets get it on!”
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:50   #2
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Dark Arena

I'm in, but on the way out the door as I type this, so more detailed info will come later.
Unread 13 May 2004, 17:07   #3
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

I'm in, always up for a challenge [Although, Watch as I drop out from the exams that head toward me with the utmost speed...]

Name: Heiro and Heiro.
Race: Human, and... Well... Spirit.
Description:
Heiro, in his current incarnation, has a stubbly beard and stands at just around five foot nine inches, his long black hair braided into a long pony tail which hangs down around his waste. He smiles often, and speaks in a simple clear voice. Unfortunately, his other half, also standing at 5'9, doesn't smile often. He's plainly evil, and to mark this change, his eyes fill with what seem to be a black liquid, dying them to the depths of deep inpenetrable darkness.

Special Skills:
White magic, Occasionally. Depends how I'm feeling
Swordmaster.... Apparently.
Insane and Skitzophrenic. Usually helps fighting against psychics
Not alot else, really.

Weapons:
Depends how I feel, if that's ok...but usually nothing.
Oh and a shiny tin foil hat. No psychics going to hurt me
Unread 16 May 2004, 00:32   #4
Shadow275
Commandant

Well, since everyone else are miserable sods.
Bakan and Heiro can have a fight. Soon as both say they are ready.
Fire and Ice
Unread 16 May 2004, 01:11   #5
Heiro
'Mael'

Always ready. Unless I'm sleeping.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 18:05   #6
Nomani
Lurker

Nomani is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I be a judge?
Nomani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 21:10   #7
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomani
Can I be a judge?
*Looks at the date.*

You ARE bored.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 22:08   #8
Heiro
'Mael'

Yep. You're worse. Do a post. Bitch.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 22:25   #9
Shadow275
Commandant

Nomani: If you want.

Bakan: Thanks.
Fire and Ice
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 22:48   #10
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

Name: AcidK
Race: Undefinable, mix between undead and unknown alien
Description:
AcidK is, as he always has been, a very mysterious creature standing, at full height, of eight feet. He weilds multiple weaponry, most of them aged as much as he has, only one of them has stayed shiny (K5 Katana). He wheres a huge black cloak with darkened armour underneath. One of his arms has severly decayed and is held in place by an arm-long gauntlet that has now gained a little rust. His appearance, despite age, makes him only look in his thirties, with a cigar always hanging from his mouth. The most noticable feature of AcidK is his ever-changing eyes that display his emotion. At a normal, calm state as they mostly are, they appear as starfeilds, glittering in the dark.

Special Skills:
Psychic - AcidK is adept in psychic abilities, also covers Dark Psychics, which he himself had forbidden.
Sword Weilder - Although AcidK holds a sword and tends to use it more than his natural psychic abilities, his sword techniques have not been perfected as much as most.
Beserker - When the going gets tough, AcidK's gauntlet becomes an invaluable weapon
Demonic Self - AcidK has two versions, his normal self and an insane 'Demon' self. Only when AcidK cannot control his inner demon (usually after using way too much psychics than naturally possible) does his demonic self suddenly burst out, changing his outlook, his fighting style and even his psychic abilities.

Weapons:
K5 Katana: AcidK's weapon of choice, the K5 Katana is a mechanical sword designed to enhance a psychic's ability. the sword's outer shell is covered with adamantium, making it able to cut through even the most hardest of substances. Although The K5 Katana seems like an unmatchable weapon, it's key flaw lies in it's energy source: a crystal. If the crystal fails or is calibrated incorrectly, the katana will back-fire into it's user when used.

Kylithium Knife - AKA: Soultrapper, this knife can trap up to 2 souls to be used at the weilder's whim. Either it can be used as an energy source or it can be used for a seperate type of energy (ie, if a mage was in their it can be used to fire that mage's magic).

Gaunlets - Rusty, arm-long thing. The gauntlet is AcidK's key to sanity as it is the main thing that keeps his demon inside (hence reason why one arm is decayed). Used mostly for punching / slashing things.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 12:12   #11
Heiro
'Mael'

Nothing new then Acid.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 15:48   #12
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Name: Evil Ginge
Race: once human.. now something else
Age: In the years that have passed everyone has forgotten his true age, but apparent age of 20

Description:

Once a tall and nobal figure, ginges appearence of a 20 year old is marred with the age of years, almost reflecting his bitter and twisted soul. Taller than most ordinary humans at 6ft his build ismore that of a slightly muscular body, His long black leather trenchcoat hangs over the rest of his black cloathing with no apparent armour showing. The arms of his trenchoat are cut short at the elbow, with gauntlets covering the lower arm, small lines of fire corusating over their surface. His K5 katana slung over his back.

Special Skills:

Psychic: Ginge has been trained in many forms of psychics, namely he is a master in telemorphics and teleportics, with a mastery of fire as well.. he has been trained in telepathics as well, but not to any major degree.

Sword User: His sword skills are better than some but are vastly inferior to most as he relys on it more as a defence to give him time to open up a portal to escape or to melt into the ground.

Gauntlet Combat: He is more used to using his gauntlets in close battle, over the years he has masterd his use in them.

Weapons:

2K-T Elemental Blade Gauntlets Custom

K-Custom made for use by Evil Ginge, this pair of gauntlets, have long (and sharp) retractable blades from
the knuckles. They supply a similar power boost to the K5 Katana, but also give the user the ability to control
fire to a certain degree Fire sheilds, storms, or just plain old fireballs are all possibilities, but as the fire
powers are linked to the user’s own psychic powers, if they are used too much they can still drain the user.
They also have the ability to grant the wielder the ‘Final Flame Strike’ finishing move, a move that uses both
gauntlets to produce a beam of concentrated fire lightning blasts out at a target, where it creates a concentrated
blast equal to several atomic bombs, but in a small space.

K5 Katana: Stolen from Hentrepis's corpse just before Hentrepis took over ginges body

Web Grenades: A potent web grenade capable of capturing psychics and holding them, parylysed, very useful when head of internal affairs at a psychic academy

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 23:21   #13
Shadow275
Commandant

Heiro
Bakan
AcidK
Evil Ginge.

Start now or later?
Fire and Ice
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 18:38   #14
Heiro
'Mael'

Well. Soon rather than...

Wow. Two psychics, a mental case and Bakan. Who is just insanely overpowered. I'm sure.
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 18:45   #15
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

heh you can probably count on it

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Unread 14 Jun 2004, 19:29   #16
Heiro
'Mael'

If not, why not.

He usually is, I'm sure it's just a cut and paste job.
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 22:10   #17
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Walks into the arena, using a cane to help support his weight, wearing only a white shirt, white pants, and carrying a white briefcase.*
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 18:18   #18
Shadow275
Commandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
*Walks into the arena, using a cane to help support his weight, wearing only a white shirt, white pants, and carrying a white briefcase.*
*The arena lighting shuts down dramatically, a slow and evil voice seems to eminate from the walls*

"A warrior comes....

The time to fight is now...."

*On the word now, the pedestal glows red and blood slowly trickles down the side.
On the floor, the name's of the warriors are already carved into the stone. The blood flows smoothly over Bakan's stone, then seems to pause, as if selecting his match.....

The blood starts to move again and covers Heiro's stone aswell, the voice speaks again:

"The match has been selected....
Let the battle begin"

*The lights slowly come back on, fading from black to light.*

Announcer:

"The aaareeeeena(!) has spoken! Bakan and Heiro are to fight!"

---

Rules..ish:

Both contestants must post within 24 hours, if one posts and other does not, the match is defaulted and the person to post wins.

The arena is one kilometer squared, surrounded by seating aka coloseum style, but don't expect to use the seating as there is a field in place to stop intruders (And hurt them with lots of lovely volts and such) The pedestal in the center is carved, but mostly block shaped.

Godmodding is frowned upon, so don't do it alot or you shall find the arena won't like you..

end..

----

Nomani, if you're still around, a post please.
Also, anyone else who wishes to judge should too. Quicksharp or I'll be doing all the fricking work.

Go!
Fire and Ice
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:32   #19
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro, and Heiro, begin to wonder why the hell they are waiting in this small black room to the left of the arena. The word go echoes through the speaker, and bringing his hands together, in a ninja seal style form, he flicks them outward, then together in a repeated, but different pattern. Smiling, he completes the 8 seal, three word skill, and disappears into a twist of blurred smoke and sweet smelling air.

Was that really necessary?
No, probably not.
Ah well. Can I play with him?
Yep, give me 30 seconds to do an entrance…
Ok, sure thing.

Around 3 minutes later, Heiro spins into existence inside the stone walls of the arena. As his spin begins to slow, he grins in a terribly cheesy fashion, as the blossom from the jutsu flutter high into the air, and begin to drift slowly down. Running his hand through his white hair, he spins slowly to a stop, facing bakan, in his white suit, and strikes a pose. Flinging his right hand forward in the peace, split fingers, sign, he grins again. Lowering his right hand, he places it into the large cardboard box he holds in his left, and slowly withdraws ‘it’. Brandishing ‘it’ like a sword, he slowly brings ‘it’ toward his mouth and takes a bite. Smiling, until ‘it’ disappears into his mouth, and he swallows, Heiro repeats the process, not long before he reveals to the world what ‘it’ is. Southern Fried Chicken. A large, grease filled box full of the stuff.

“Sorry, I was hungry. We nipped down the the local KFC before we thought… Wow. Our fight is starting.”
The other Heiro chips in.
“And you look awfully like the guy from the box…”

Heiro puts the box down, and rolls forward neatly drawing a throwing knife in the process, preparing it to throw before, mother of all things, his stomach begins to feel odd. Putting the knife away, he holds up the universal sign for a timeout. Realizing this isn’t your average friendly sparing match, he lowers them again, and launches forward into an attack. Reaching the white suited bakan in about 5 seconds of steps, he throws a punch, connecting with something, before promptly stopping, and clutching his stomach.

“That didn’t agree”

Standing up straight, Heiro turns a pale shade of green, in typical comedy style, and vomits over bakan, horribly staining his white suit…
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 21:14   #20
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*sits back in the spectator stand*

"oh crap this means i'm against acidk"

*looks at the arena*

"show off"

Unread 16 Jun 2004, 21:22   #21
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Looking down at his now vomit stained white suit, Bakan sighs and looks at Heiro, who's arm he punched him with is being held by Bakan's hard at a most painful position, while his briefcase lands on the ground, and slowely tips over.*

"You know how much it costs to clean this suit here, and within the first few seconds you vomit on it."

*Glancing at Heiro's hand, which when the punch was thrown, Bkaan was able to sidestep and grab it by the knuckles, pressing them together painfully. With a blur of motion, Bakan twists Heiro's arm completly around, then with his other hand, again blurring with extreme motion, strikes Heiro's forearm, causing the arena to fill with the sharp [i]*CRACK[*/I] of breaking bone as Heiro's forearm took on a angle that most human arms normally can't take.*

*Still holding onto Heiro's broken arm, Bakan flips him over his shoulder, then spins around, holding his cane and strikes him at the base of his skull with said cane. Kicking the briefcase, Bakan smiles at it opens then drops his cane and reaches inside, pulling out two .45 Colts. Aiming at Heiro, Bakan smiles and squeezes the triggers. The Colt's kick back as they fire their lead projectiles at Heiro's body, several of them striking, sending blood and bits of flesh flying everywhere. Emptying the clips, Bakan throws tyhe Colts to the side, bends down into the briefcase, closes it, picks up his cane and stands up. Taping the cane on the ground, the air around Bakan takes on a whiteish hue, almost like a shield. Smiling at Heiro, Bakan awaits his next move.*
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 21:48   #22
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*flapjack sneaks around the spectator seats untill he gets behind evil ginge and suddenly yells very loudly*

If you still need a second judge, yell.

Or actaully, don't yell, I hate it when people yell, just say so.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 22:46   #23
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*jumps slightly, gets annoyed and shoves one of his gauntlets blades through flapjacks skull*

Unread 17 Jun 2004, 12:06   #24
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*flapjack heads for the medcenter to have his skull fixed*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 17:09   #25
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro slams into the floor. Pain shoots down his left arm and he feels his stomach contents wretch to the surface again. Swallowing hard, his face whitens to a new degree as the sickness overtakes his body. Sighing, he looks over at his arm and feels the pain utterly ravaging it. Not to mention the bone sticking out at some disgusting angle. Giggling, Heiro looks up at Bakan as he aims the guns. His voice deepens into a laugh as the shots slam hard into his chest. He wriggles on the floor as they keep coming, pumping into him hard and ripping his flesh and internal organs to shreds. Once bakan stops shooting and the smoke from the barrels clears, Heiro looks up at him, still wriggling on the floor.

“Is that it? Can I stop now?” he says slowly, with a smirk.

Stopping wriggling, Heiro slowly stands up and admires the bullet holes in his chest, arms and legs. Thoughts of pain run steadily through his mind. But so do thoughts of ice cream and lovely ladies. Still, they all usually connect, in some way. Heiro grins, and looks at Bakan’s smoking gun, then at bakan himself. Cackling, he shambles forward.

“Tag” he says, loud enough for Bakan to hear but not understand
Sounds fun. Thanks
You’re welcome. He’s quite tough
Yeah, I expected that.

Heiros eyes change colour, changing from a cold bright blue, to a dulling black. The colour slowly drains down their surface, seemingly, his head. His grin changes to a sharp smirk, and he begins to advance with sure steps toward Bakan. Placing his fingers onto his chest, precisely onto one of the bullet holes, Heiro pushes his fingers slowly into his body. Pulling them out slowly he draws a seal on his silk top, circle over a triangle over a large arch with three dripping points. Lowering his voice, Heiro begins to chant. With each step toward bakan, his voice begins to change in pitch and tone, until within 10 steps, he sounds serene, and his voice in tune and echoing words of a language bakan struggles to understand. Pressing his left palm to his chest, the symbols begin to glow and burn the material, and the palm begins to disappear into the glow. A mere 5 paces from away, Heiro pulls his hand clear, firmly grasping a broadsword of 4’ in blade length. Swinging it experimentally, as the glow dissipates, before leaping the last remaining two paces into a full swing at Bakan’s head. Flicking his wrist at the last second, he slashes the blade hard across bakan’s wrist forcing his grip on the colt 45 to become somewhat loose. Diving to the left, Heiro snatches the gun and reverses it in one smooth motion, placing it to the back of his head.

“Bang, Bang”

Heiro pulls the trigger and in expectation of a bloody mess, turns his head away.
Click
Heiro pulls the trigger for a second time. This time hoping for more of a result
Click
Click

“Bugger”

Heiro tosses the pistol aside, and dives to the right, slashing out at the back of Bakans legs. Not waiting to see if the attack hit, he rolls to his feet, and assumes a defensive position ready to parry any attacks Bakan makes against him

That went well, didn’t it…
Oh shut up.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 18:18   #26
Shadow275
Commandant

Well, 6 days later....

Round over.

Judging soooooon....

*With a sudden, unexpected turn of events, both Heiro and Bakan are suddenly pulled apart by a dark wall and pushed back into their cells....err...waiting areas...for the judges decision.
Fire and Ice
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:06   #27
Heiro
'Mael'

Sorry, I had some other ideas. But he never did post..

And judged in 6 days then
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 19:48   #28
Shadow275
Commandant

Well, given the sheer quality and quantity of posts.

You both lose.
Or win, depends which way you look at it.

You'll fight again, but first, better let someone else have a go 'If they think they are hard enough'

Next contender, please enter the arena.
(Just walk in, anyone apart from Heiro or Bakan).

Enjoy.
Fire and Ice
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 10:25   #29
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*With a sigh Ginge melted into the floor, then reconstituted in the arena, leaning against a wall and yawning*

Unread 27 Jun 2004, 17:26   #30
Heiro
'Mael'

[ooc]I'm hurt. You get bakan to post an attack that might actually pose a threat, and then you'll get a good response... Or something. [/ooc]
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 01:17   #31
Shadow275
Commandant

Ginge has entered.

A battle commences.......
(Maybe) A proper battle...

The blood pours from the pedestal once again, it covers it and then flows over......

"Well, not like the pedestal has much choice here, Ladies and Gentlemen..."

..............AcidK's stone.

Let battle commence
Fire and Ice
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 16:45   #32
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Ginge looked around for AcidK and as he was nowhere to be seen, he lit up a cigarette, never actually having smoked before he wondered what it was like, being completely unawares to any attack at this precise point

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 10:30   #33
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

is it too late to join?
if not:

Name: Triolus
Race: Human

Description: About 6' 2" with short, black hair, and brown eyes, he is extremely thin but very agile. He almost always wears a trench coat of black leather, with many small pockets on the inside, these contain varios containers, from test tubes to a blue glowy thingy and a couple of small gas canisters, each filled with a different substace (about 20 in all).

Special Skills: He was a renowned doctor of chemistry, however some of his "experiments" led to him being hunted by police from many different countries. Due to a rather long series of events he managed to find a abandoned chamical warehouse, and from this obtained his chemicals. He knows each of the chemicals in his coat by both position and small designs scratched into the tube (or blue glowy thingy), and can combine them to produce many effects, most of them explosive ones.

Equipment: The chemicals (do i have to list them??), 5 baloons, and a box of matches

/note/ pretty much all of the reactions that I use for rping are real, and if asked i can give the two chemicals, or at least their nearest household equvalent
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote