User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 6 May 2013, 19:06   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
PA Proposal

Ok im gonna put this out there because its something that bugs me more each round...

7 weeks is too long!!

Noticing this more since i stopped actively having roles in alliances and being more of a casual observer but it does seem now that the last 2 weeks and ESPECIALLY the last week of a round are a complete dead rubber.

Its been atleast 8 rounds now since an alliance battle for #1 went down to the wire (only ND usurping xVx and Evo vs ND come to mind), galaxy contests are normally over once Shaz's gal takes 1st place (about tick 900) and the planet win gets severly warped because with the other 2 being long dead as contests you get whole alliances launching/crashing on top planets in the last week to kill their win which really is slightly unfair.

I propose to reduce the round to 1000 ticks, i beleive that all the areas you can win PA would still be being contested at this point which would add more fun and it would stop top planets getting screwed in the final week and would provide a more worthy winner to PA.

I think that most players now seem to peak at week 5 and then realise they cant win and there is still 2 weeks left and lose intrest in the round, with a smaller playerbase than ever this has a high impact on what happens and everyone loses momentum very fast. We also all seem to start the round and nothing happens of note till tick 500 as everyone is playing the fencing game nowadays, this basically leaves us with 350 ticks of decent gameplay out of 1176 ticks.

The playerbase is older now and smaller and really its getting too much to expect 7 weeks of the that level of gameplay from people in order to win (yes some of you will say i can do well and be lazy but every alliance has a group of heroes who seems to be on 24/7 and they burn out quick)

I would like people to give their thoughts on this but plaease be practical, yes we all know PA rounds used to be longer and everyone lived and died for the game but PA now is not what it was then and maybe compacting the game would give a better pay off in a shorter period of time.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote