User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:45   #1
Emlin

Exclamation Anyone Interested In Command and Conquer Games Click here :))

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girlies #c&c is open for all peeps who love playin c&c games like Red Alert 2, Tib Sun, Renegade and are interested in the New Generals
Organise Online games and meet people who play aswell.
We got a fair few regulars allready and we want YOU!
So come join the fun :P

#c&c - you know you want to

- Emlin

(#c&c is an offical netgamers chan )

PS - What does everyone think of the new Generals game?
Out on Feb 14th in Europe

Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:48   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
C&C hasn't really developed much over Dune 2. For innovation (and more interesting games therefore), look to your Total Annihilations, your War/Starcrafts and your Earth 2150's.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:49   #3
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
The beta of Generals was crap, but the retail version is rather good

Seeing as I have to find the time to play the games, never mind sit in IRC talking about playing them, I prolly won't use the channel that much.

But I'll certainly come check it out this w/e
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:53   #4
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: Anyone Interested In Command and Conquer Games Click here :))

Quote:
Originally posted by Emlin

PS - What does everyone think of the new Generals game?
Out on Feb 14th in Europe
It requires some getting-used-to but I find it more playable then renegade.

It's cool the warcrafty image.

Scheduled the 14th? aaaahhh... Right.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 15:04   #5
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Hellmarch.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:11   #6
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Have them all, and pre-ordered Generals to get the bonus extras.
Glad I upgraded my computer in November or I wouldn't be able to run it.
Have an online match scheduled for this evening with my clan buddies.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:13   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I hated Earth 2150 with a passion. It just didn't seem to have a 'soul' like the C&C series did.

Felt too cold, like they just chucked some ideas together and threw the word '3D' into the mix for good measure.
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 04:13   #8
bjwroi
Uni N00b

bjwroi is an unknown quantity at this point
weeeee I got most so far but ill be holdin out for generals until getta upgrade or just a new pc See ya's in #c&c
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 09:21   #9
bjwroi
Uni N00b

bjwroi is an unknown quantity at this point
Generals out now Go get it if can run it i gotta measly 500mhz only though
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 10:04   #10
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Not much out there for any Aussie C & C player though????
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 10:17   #11
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by bjwroi
i gotta measly 500mhz only though
Yeah, good luck with that.

I have 2.2 Gig and a powerful 128 gfx card, and it still runs as if it could run better.
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 11:44   #12
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Renegade is the brown stain on the mattress of Westwood

Generals is very different but still good

GO CHINA!
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 11:49   #13
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone Interested In Command and Conquer Games Click here :))

Quote:
(#c&c is an offical netgamers chan )
That's news to this NG official :P

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 13:12   #14
starmog
Star teh mog0r

starmog will become famous soon enoughstarmog will become famous soon enough
mawaawawa i have a 2.8ghz and a 128mb geforce 4

pitty i aint got the game
insert here
starmog custom rank designed by Pyr0 rank design services lmtd.
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 13:39   #15
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Pray why have they decided that each player on a network needs a difference set of game discs??

How irritating.
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 13:44   #16
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Hello Emlin

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 15:09   #17
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
GO CHINA!
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 15:13   #18
RiCo

Quote:
Originally posted by starmog
mawaawawa i have a 2.8ghz and a 128mb geforce 4

pitty i aint got the game
Yeh.. like a 2.8 and a 2.2 really makes a difference on a game.

Unread 17 Feb 2003, 16:31   #19
sayonara
Shai Halud

With this game I think it actually might, which is a shame in a way because soon we'll have to stop laughing at the people who paid double for that useless 0.6 gigs of extra CPU
Unread 17 Feb 2003, 21:57   #20
Emlin

Mong you said you was gonnas make it :P and I thought when you added it to the webby it was

XEE THOT

Renegade is a good game, but only if you have broadband, and a decent computer. the 1 player sux ass big time

- Emlin

Unread 17 Feb 2003, 22:05   #21
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Mong you said you was gonnas make it :P and I thought when you added it to the webby it was

XEE THOT

Renegade is a good game, but only if you have broadband, and a decent computer. the 1 player sux ass big time

- Emlin
Blatant bumpage if i ever saw it

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 06:19   #22
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara

I have 2.2 Gig and a powerful 128 gfx card, and it still runs as if it could run better.
You sir, have problems
I'm running a AMD XP 1700+, radeon 9700 card, 512ddr ... and it runs as smooth as possible.
Maxed all settings
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 06:40   #23
Nixjim
Commander

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by sayonara

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
You sir, have problems
I'm running a AMD XP 1700+, radeon 9700 card, 512ddr ... and it runs as smooth as possible.
Maxed all settings
I agree. I have a little 1.2 Gig PIII and Radeon 8500 card and set game video settings on high and 1.25 gigs of PC 133 RAM and it works fast, smooth and seemless.
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 06:43   #24
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
Pray why have they decided that each player on a network needs a difference set of game discs??

How irritating.
So they can sell more copies of course.
And it is irritating I agree. Maybe I can talk my brother into buying it.
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 11:21   #25
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
You sir, have problems
Maxed all settings
No, I don't have problems. You just can't read.

It runs better than any game I've played on that machine, even at 1600x1200. I said it runs like it could run better, meaning that it's optimised for better hardware, not that it looks bad.

Since in effect I was saying "I wish I had an even better computer so I could take full advantage of this game", your pissing competition post just looks stupid.
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 16:29   #26
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
C&C Gold is the best game in the C&C lineup, but TA is far better.
Unread 18 Feb 2003, 17:08   #27
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Red Alert is the brown stain on the mattress of Westwood
I'm glad to see you agree...

Seriously though, I only hope that Generals restores the fun back into the C & C world that's been missing since Tiberium Dawn.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 01:38   #28
Nixjim
Commander

Has anyone figured out how to use the World builder in Generals? I can't even find a bloody manual for it. I can change ground height, add water, lay RR tracks, but that's it. I have been unable to set number of players, select player locations, place bridges and tunnels, place trees and buildings, or anything else.
Pretty darn annoying.
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 01:41   #29
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
i am almost finished with Yuri which i got running 2 days ago thanks to xtrasyn.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:27   #30
TheGreenBlob

TheGreenBlob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by inf
C&C Gold is the best game in the C&C lineup, but TA is far better.
inf lives \o/
rd4 - 161:20:4 - globester of deum - TFD
rd5 - 20:16:9 - black carpet of the floor - TFD/FA/hirr/Silver(Ag)
rd6 - 7:3:4 - glubs falling of my hands - Silver/WP
rd7 - 19:7:13 - sorry of i forgot - WP/MDK
rd8 - forgot:/ - eh? :/ - MDK
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:52   #31
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts
I've got a 1.8GHZ and an Nvidia NV11 MX200 Graphics card (which I also think is called a Geoforce 2?). Generals which I got yesterday runs really slowly, I don't know much about computers, so any advice?
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:57   #32
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
STARCRAFT???? INNOVATION?????

I don't think so. Star craft never had one original idea
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 14:00   #33
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
WHY WAS IT BROUGHT BACK FROM THE DEAD?

WHY?
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 14:07   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I don't think so. Star craft never had one original idea
The point of starcraft is that it was a superbly balanced strategy game with 3 very different sides, something that hadn't really been done before..
Closed Thread