User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:33   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Student loan CONSPIRACY!!

grrr.. i hate student loans
i've had to pay $200 a month while i'm not in school to pay off student loans. when you're back in school and have another student loan.. you dont' have to pay until you're out of school again.

so i've applied for a student loan and been approved for $12k.. (of course the course is $15k so thanks A LOT student loans :\)
anyways.. they figured they gave me too much last year so they wanted me to pay a $1k overaward before they give me any money. actually.. they'll give me $7k but that's it until i pay them.

ok fine.. my mom was nice enough to send in a check for me. well they've got it, and cashed it.. but it still says i have an overaward on the website. i really wanted it sorted before the end of January so i wouldn't have to pay them $200 again...

this morning i phoned the student loan place to ask wtf was up. hte lady said that they only process overaward stuff once a month. the first monday of every month.

DAMNIT! i swear they do that on purpose so i have to pay them again first

anyways... /rant
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:35   #2
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
How old are you to the nearest ten

eg 20, 30,
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:35   #3
Kiss

Here in the UK the girls lapdance for extra money.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:37   #4
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
How old are you to the nearest ten

eg 20, 30,
and flat broke
and thanking the lucky stars i even get a student loan in the first place so i can go to school and get a better future.. yadda yadda
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:39   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiss
In the Netherlands the boys too....

Anyway, be smart like me:
1) have your parents pay for school
2) take the full loan
3) put it on the bank and collect the interrest.
4) ...
5) PROFIT
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:41   #6
Aryn
Happy

except that the whole reason for getting a student loan is cause my parents can't afford it.
and my sister graduates from highschool this year so they'd appreciate having some money to help send her off to college/university next year :\
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:45   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
oh......

well, there is always the "lapdance" option.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 21:11   #8
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
I know all about it. Fortunatly I had a very understanding landlord, since I was four months late once with the rent thanks to the idiots in the student loan departments. Don't know how Canada is but if there are any grants available make sure you go for them as well, they don't have to be payed back.
I payed off my first student loan in 1987, then went back to collage and finally got that student loan payed off three years ago, very nice feeling.

Maybe we should start an "Aryn Collage Fund" here, with speshal prizes for the top donators.
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:25   #9
Aryn
Happy

actually the 1k i had to pay back was part of a grant.

so really it's 'you don't have to pay back grants unless we fkup and decide you got too much money' :\

Aryn college fund? hmm.. :P
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:29   #10
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Or move to Sweden. Uni is free.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:03   #11
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
UK used to have student grants of course...

of course the government decided on a brilliant new policy...

i) they want more people to go to University - target = 50% of population(!)
ii) but they don't want to pay for this. Hence grants are scrapped, loans introduced, and now fees are increased...
iii) somehow all this is supposed to ATTRACT poorer students... sheesh...

yes yes i know, in theory Universities can only charge higher fees if they let in more 'poor' students, but the whole system still sucks...
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:26   #12
Aryn
Happy

there was a comedian on starsearch a couple weeks ago who talked about school.. sorta like:

in mexico a kid will go up to his dad and say 'i want to go to university'.. the dad will say 'ok i can give you a ride there but you gotta find your own way back'
in asia the parents say 'how much for UCLA?'

i can't remember the rest :\ shame cause it was hilarious he covered a bunch of different cultures so you couldn't call him racist. he was good.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:44   #13
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Well..

I go to uni, I took out the max loan I was allowed about £3125 or something for each year. I just used that to pay for my yearly fee of £1025, books and bits for my computer plus a few other small expenditures.

Everything thing else I sponge from my parents.

However, I got two younger bros and this new scheme or whatever that Labour gov wants to implement may hinder that. Stupid dumb government, can't get anything right.

London, the capital, came to a near stand still due to this snow and after 6 hours they still hadn't gritted the roads or anything.

'Tards.

They need to be shot.

All of them.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:48   #14
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
it is no exxageration to say i lose a little more faith in the government with each and every passing day :s

and i am a Politics student...
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:57   #15
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
I didn't have faith in them in the first place when they got voted in.

I knew they couldn't keep up with their promises, I told all my mates but they loved all that BS Labour was spouting at the time.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 09:17   #16
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: Student loan CONSPIRACY!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
grrr.. i hate student loans
i've had to pay $200 a month while i'm not in school to pay off student loans. when you're back in school and have another student loan.. you dont' have to pay until you're out of school again.

so i've applied for a student loan and been approved for $12k.. (of course the course is $15k so thanks A LOT student loans :\)
anyways.. they figured they gave me too much last year so they wanted me to pay a $1k overaward before they give me any money. actually.. they'll give me $7k but that's it until i pay them.

ok fine.. my mom was nice enough to send in a check for me. well they've got it, and cashed it.. but it still says i have an overaward on the website. i really wanted it sorted before the end of January so i wouldn't have to pay them $200 again...

this morning i phoned the student loan place to ask wtf was up. hte lady said that they only process overaward stuff once a month. the first monday of every month.

DAMNIT! i swear they do that on purpose so i have to pay them again first

anyways... /rant
What a retarded system

Why just not send you 6K and get to work

but nooooo
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 12:43   #17
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiss
Kiss
Cowgirl

If you weren't such a nob, you'd be amusing.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 12:47   #18
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
in mexico a kid will go up to his dad and say 'i want to go to university'.. the dad will say 'ok i can give you a ride there but you gotta find your own way back'.
Heh. As one who's lived in México, I confirm that to be bollocks :-)

Apart from a few govt Uni's, all University education (in fact, all education above primary school) is usually very, very expensive. Sure they have UNAM, but it's a fvcked up system.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:32   #19
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong

If you weren't such a nob, you'd be amusing.

M.
You are both, since you have the tools and don't use them.

Even Shai knows Kiss is Gayle28uk's troll account.

Sleep tight.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:57   #20
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
You are both, since you have the tools and don't use them.
Hrm? Explain. Which "tools"?

Quote:
Even Shai knows Kiss is Gayle28uk's troll account.
I'm about 60/40 (in favour) of this being true.

Didn't "Kiss" appear about the same time Gayle got that remote-desktop-thingie? Hrm...

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:59   #21
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Hrm? Explain. Which "tools"?

I'm about 60/40 (in favour) of this being true.

Didn't "Kiss" appear about the same time Gayle got that remote-desktop-thingie? Hrm...

M.
I must apologise, I remembered too late that you are not an admin, but are concerned with IRC stuff.

Thus, my assumption that you should know who kiss is is wrong.

Sorry.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 14:37   #22
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
I must apologise, I remembered too late that you are not an admin, but are concerned with IRC stuff.

Thus, my assumption that you should know who kiss is is wrong.

Sorry.
Ta. Nay bother!

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 14:41   #23
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Im probably going to have my student loan for a good few more years.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 15:00   #24
Mong
Forever Delayed

I'm lucky. I've reduced my student debts to about £6000 now. Paying off £200 per month.

That doesn't include overdrafts and credit cards (another £2000)

So in a few years, I can actually afford to get my own place and have a life. Oh wait no... becuase I'll have to find £100,000 for a little 1-bed flat in a dodgy part of Manchester.

NOB ROT!

O2 Rip-off campaign