User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:19   #1
WarFalcon
Freedom First

WarFalcon is an unknown quantity at this point
Will they never quit?

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/14/op...partner=GOOGLE
WarFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:31   #2
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
It can hardly be called news can it
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:33   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Refuse to read something that long. Please post with basic context of argument.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:38   #4
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by skiddy
Unable to concentrate to read something that long. Please post with simple context of argument so I can grasp it.

Oh really?
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:38   #5
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
It barely makes discussion, we learnt this on crappy sci-fi films.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:42   #6
WarFalcon
Freedom First

Its yet another example of the slippery slope down which freedoms are sliding.
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:45   #7
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn

Oh really?
Am I really that see through?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:46   #8
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by WarFalcon
Its yet another example of the slippery slope down which freedoms are sliding.
I'll get the lube.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:47   #9
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by skiddy

Am I really that see through?
Nah. You were so out of character that I just had to mention it.

[/sarcasm]
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 20:16   #10
wu_trax

scary, i thought they had stop this homedefence thingy?
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 20:28   #11
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
I thought Pointdexter and company had been barred from holding public office after Iran-Contra?
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 20:38   #12
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Firstly, I cannot easily explain the contempt I have for people who post such messages as "It was three whole paragraphs, and too long for my brain to understand, so I am not going to read it". Why would you post a message advertising your own lack of intelligence and attention span like that?

Anyways, that vitriol aside (it has been a VERY bad day at work; stupid American air-traffic intel-exchange policies) I have to say this is quite fearsome as a principle. I assume the writer is exaggerating somewhat, but even so it is a fearful violation of privacy.

Fortunatly, the pro-gun lobby on this board tells us again and again how firearms are paramount in protecting US citizens from tyranny and opression. Thus I assume one of these people who is not a hypocrite will take up arms against this new bill...

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 20:41   #13
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion
Firstly, I cannot easily explain the contempt I have for people who post such messages as "It was three whole paragraphs, and too long for my brain to understand, so I am not going to read it". Why would you post a message advertising your own lack of intelligence and attention span like that?

Anyways, that vitriol aside (it has been a VERY bad day at work; stupid American air-traffic intel-exchange policies) I have to say this is quite fearsome as a principle. I assume the writer is exaggerating somewhat, but even so it is a fearful violation of privacy.

Fortunatly, the pro-gun lobby on this board tells us again and again how firearms are paramount in protecting US citizens from tyranny and opression. Thus I assume one of these people who is not a hypocrite will take up arms against this new bill...

^^^^^^^

pfft im not reading all that
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 00:37   #14
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I counted 13 paragraphs

Quote:

Sure, no problem. Consider it taken care of.
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 01:29   #15
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Freedom is a misnomer.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 01:32   #16
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Luckilly, the rest of the world is NOT part of USA.
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 02:01   #17
WarFalcon
Freedom First

Quote:
You know very well that the use of force is a last resort. All freedom loving, loyal Americans will work within the system of government until that option is closed by tyranny. When that happens, be it tomorrow, next year, next one hundred years, then Americans may be forced to retake their country by violent means. Please don't troll like that, it impresses false preceptions on some of the thinking impared that frequent these boards.
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 02:05   #18
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
America is right because it says it is right, don't argue because that will mean you are a terrorist!
inf is offline   Reply With Quote