User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 May 2004, 03:20   #51
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: why Phraktos did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
What I ment was that it seems you are content at being 2nd or 3rd until Phraktos killed themselves. And in my impression never realy gunnerd for 1st spot. Ofc beeing nice and loyal are good qualities too and I'm sure you'll bee able to point at this round next time you wanna "win" the round by backing up someone. However that's not realy what it's about.
You're right, we never did gun for top spot.

We weren't actually planning on playing 10.5 seriously, we were gearing up for round 11. We thought "ah sod it, let's play anyway", and have come 2nd. Which is pretty good, for a new alliance who wasn't planning on playing the round (in my very humble and biased opinion).
Unread 15 May 2004, 23:55   #52
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Its that kind of attitude from alliance leadership that leads to blocking. Whether or not you personally were part of that decision, its obvious that that was Mistu's attitude. Its been the attitude of many alliances who block and "win" but realize that they're just not cut out to be a top shelf alliance. "Well we're ranked #3 now, but without our friends we wouldn't be in the top 10, so no sense in upsetting the pile".

If every alliance were gunning for #1, blocking might occur for a while, but once a set of alliances "won" they would be a lot more interested in settling exactly -which- alliance is the best.
Unread 16 May 2004, 01:07   #53
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

There's also a relevant difference between recent rounds and old rounds. There never used to be any official in-game method for determing which alliance won the round - hence the arguments (which some still continue) over which alliance was the winner in certain rounds. With the introduction of official in-gam alliance rankings there can be no debate over which alliance won a round. Unless something dramatic happens in the next few days (and i've no expectation at all that it will) FAng will have won this round - and there's no grey area to argue over. People can complain about the WAY Fang won - but have no basis on which to dispute the fact that they did.

Finishing second just makes you the highest-ranked loser.
Unread 16 May 2004, 01:16   #54
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
MISTU were far from second fiddle to FAnG and in fact had more clout than you are portraying them to have, We could have broken a lot sooner, but James was insistent on not breaking any ties as agrements had been made.

They have done well for there firs round - dont underestimate them and there abilities. By far they were better than Phraktos and were good allies to have. Cudos where cudos is due
They had a choice - breakaway, get with the rest of the alliances and attack you and win and get top in the rankings.

Ergo, 2nd are they and no joint win for them.

Had phraktos succeeded they would have finished 1st and thoroughly deserved it, as would any alliance that broke away from the FPM block.
Unread 16 May 2004, 01:42   #55
F0rk
Pronged Utensil

F0rk will become famous soon enoughF0rk will become famous soon enough

As we were a new alliance we didn't know exactly how things would pan out. We managed to establish a good rappor with FaNG and have enjoyed playing alongside with them. We had several situations where a third party came along with a 'plan' how to knock FaNG down, with MISTU being enticed into going against them. We were never going to go along with this as we had committed to FaNG and had no plans on stabbing them in the back. We knew that MISTU wouldnt win (in the Syn_Sid sense) as we are newly established and such an idea would be over optimistic. I however believe that our members are all winners in the sense of the acheivement that they have attained from being part of a new alliance. I take my hat off to them.
F0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 04:23   #56
Cayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rk
I however believe that our members are all winners in the sense of the acheivement that they have attained from being part of a new alliance. I take my hat off to them.
What is this, the special olympics?

Wouldn't you rather be the brand new alliance who threw themselves together, played a smart political game, then played an even better military game to steal the win from the odds-on favorite? Do you know how inspiring that would be? People would have told your story for the next 12 rounds whenever they started a new alliance. Instead you're going to be known as "Who were FAnG's allies that one half round? *shrug*"

And if FAnG and Phraktos were sportsmanlike they wouldn't see this as backstabbing at all. You would go and say, ok we've done it, we're down to us three, now lets have a friendly competition and see who's really the best. We enjoyed working with you, and perhaps next round we can do it again.
Unread 16 May 2004, 06:58   #57
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Mistu's command were that they would never risk losing.

Fork/RealJames were Eclipse hc last round. They stood and watched Ely recruit to #1, for fear of losing, and there is no reason to suggest they would try anything but the same this round.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 08:28   #58
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl

steal the win from the odds-on favorite?
Heh, seems to me Fang had about 15 solid members or so 2 weeks before the start of the round. How does this fact sigure into your odds on favorite? Only through Fantastic leadership, awsome defense and not much competition where Fang able to run away with the round. I dont think many people would have bet on this outcome at the end of PAX.
Unread 16 May 2004, 08:30   #59
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
Wouldn't you rather be the brand new alliance who threw themselves together, played a smart political game, then played an even better military game to steal the win from the odds-on favorite? Do you know how inspiring that would be?
I knew some guys who did something like that. They all ended up hating the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
Heh, seems to me Fang had about 15 solid members or so 2 weeks before the start of the round. How does this fact sigure into your odds on favorite? Only through Fantastic leadership, awsome defense and not much competition where Fang able to run away with the round. I dont think many people would have bet on this outcome at the end of PAX.
What exactly is an awesome defense in PA terms? I've heard of awesome attacks, solid defenses. But an awesome defense? Is that a defense that's so overkill the entire universe launches on your alliance because they don't have any reserves left?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 08:39   #60
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Is that a defense that's so overkill the entire universe launches on your alliance because they don't have any reserves left?
not really sure what you mean here or what you are talking about. all i know, is fangs dc's did an awsome job this round. flame all you want, but this is my belief.
Unread 16 May 2004, 08:39   #61
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
You probably misunderstand Cayl. He was referring to the possibility of MFP splitting after they'd beaten the rest - at which point FAng WERE the odds-on favourite for #1. I don't think he was trying to say that FAng started the round as odds-on favourite.
Unread 16 May 2004, 08:42   #62
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
You probably misunderstand Cayl. He was referring to the possibility of MFP splitting after they'd beaten the rest - at which point FAng WERE the odds-on favourite for #1. I don't think he was trying to say that FAng started the round as odds-on favourite.
It's spelled FAnG, with emphasis on the F, A and G.
Unread 16 May 2004, 08:43   #63
Fyodor
Behe

yuh, now that ive re read it, that makes sense. My bad.
Unread 16 May 2004, 08:45   #64
Banned
Banned

Quote:
not really sure what you mean here or what you are talking about. all i know, is fangs dc's did an awsome job this round. flame all you want, but this is my belief.
I was just poking fun at your formulation. Dull's a knife that's never keened, you know. I'm sure you're very proud of their achievements.
Unread 16 May 2004, 11:51   #65
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
They had a choice - breakaway, get with the rest of the alliances and attack you and win and get top in the rankings.

Ergo, 2nd are they and no joint win for them.

Had phraktos succeeded they would have finished 1st and thoroughly deserved it, as would any alliance that broke away from the FPM block.
they would have succeeded if they teamed up with all the other alliances. What makes them deserve a victory then when you needed 3-4 other alliances to help you? You're criticizing the fact that this isn't a solo victory (as it never was the past 5 rounds) yet those that pull from the block and form an even LARGER anti-block to beat the #1, they would be heroes of the round?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 12:06   #66
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Somehow beating a bigger alliance than your own is considered more heroic than when a big alliance defeats a small one.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 13:19   #67
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
they would have succeeded if they teamed up with all the other alliances. What makes them deserve a victory then when you needed 3-4 other alliances to help you? You're criticizing the fact that this isn't a solo victory (as it never was the past 5 rounds) yet those that pull from the block and form an even LARGER anti-block to beat the #1, they would be heroes of the round?
I'm criticising as more could have been done to achieve victory because FPM were lazy.

And it's far more risky for that alliance to breakaway as everyone's as thick as thieves instead of happy families.

The effect of the larger anti-block is positive because it actually brings more players back into a round they otherwise wouldn't be involved with, so the game is not stagnated as such.

My point is where you can take risks and make positive moves you should - they deserve it because they wanted to win, and risked their more secure agreement to achieve it and took steps to do it.
Unread 16 May 2004, 14:22   #68
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
Somehow beating a bigger alliance than your own is considered more heroic than when a big alliance defeats a small one.
true, yet you can't really blame us for that m8

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 May 2004, 14:48   #69
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It's spelled FAnG, with emphasis on the FAG.
Call me childish, but that's pretty lol.
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:29   #70
Cayl

If you read carefully Kj, we're not blaming FAnG, we're blaming MISTU.
Unread 16 May 2004, 19:15   #71
lokken
BlueTuba

FAnG could never have broken away in fairness - they were way too unpopular to do that.

There was only one person more unpopular than them this round, that was Touriquet.
Unread 16 May 2004, 19:33   #72
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
What makes them deserve a victory then when you needed 3-4 other alliances to help you?

Irony
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 00:04   #73
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Irony
I meant, what makes them deserve it MORE ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 May 2004, 20:54   #74
Cayl

Being able to beat you would be the standard definition of "deserving it more" I'd say. There SHOULD be a vicious cycle where alliances scramble for the top spot, making and breaking agreements right up til the end jockeying for position.

Again, not blaming the #1 alliance, because its the fault of the #2 and below alliances for not having the motivation to go for the top spot
Unread 21 May 2004, 16:39   #75
Bode
Unknown

Bode can only hope to improve

Quote:
It's spelled FAnG, with emphasis on the F, A and G.
Not to get too far off topic...but does anyone see what letters they are emphazing. Its seems to me they are putting the emPHasis on the wrong syLAbles.
Bode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2004, 16:44   #76
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bode
Not to get too far off topic...but does anyone see what letters they are emphazing. Its seems to me they are putting the emPHasis on the wrong syLAbles.
not really.

FAnG stands for: Furious Angels + next Generation --> so the logical way to write it would be FAnG.

FA Gaming community

Unread 21 May 2004, 20:15   #77
Cayl

Well that makes a lot more sense than what I'd been hearing....
Unread 22 May 2004, 02:34   #78
Tomkat

Why not Furious Angels Next Generation?
Unread 22 May 2004, 11:40   #79
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

cause FAnG was actually a merger. Furious Angels [FA] merged with next Generation [nG]

Apart from that FAnG stands for "F00kin` Assholes - notororious Ghey"
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2004, 18:39   #80
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

O.... I always thought it was Fag wit an n in the middle =(
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2004, 18:40   #81
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
O.... I always thought it was Fag wit an n in the middle =(
little hint, don't make jokes on AD when 5 pple in the same thread beat you to it

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 May 2004, 18:50   #82
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Why not Furious Angels Next Generation?
Because nG were actually called nG and not NG. Don't ask me to figure out how those wierd Germans came up with that.
Unread 25 May 2004, 22:41   #83
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

Makes sense don't it. Anyway, stop moaning about FaNG and there name. The name doesn't really matter it's what they achieve that matters. Wasn't this a thread about Phraktos??

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Geezer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 00:18   #84
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Wtf is Phraktos?
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote