User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 10:29   #1
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
US, Somalia and the 'war on terror'

The US has apparently attacked 'al queda terrorists' in somalia. To be honest the entire attack by ethiopia on the somali islamists was sudden and 'odd'. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some US involvement in it, after 17 odd years of ignoring the issue why would ethiopia attack now, and how on earth are they paying for it?? Am i becoming too much of a conspiracy theorist or does this smell of proxy intervention to someone else?
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 11:09   #2
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
Re: US, Somalia and the 'war on terror'

yea poor Somali islam terrorists boohooo. :crymeariver:
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 11:32   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not really sure you need to be a conspiracy theorist. American involvement in the area is fairly well known. e.g. http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/06/....0608intel.php

Whether or not this specific action has American involvement seems relatively unimportant. That whole part of the world seems pretty wretched at the moment though.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 11:34   #4
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

yes you are too much a conspiracy theorist, if that is your initial question.

And they paying for it like any decent african country, by cutting of on health services and so forth.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 11:51   #5
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

Africa, a beautiful part of the world that likely won't see much change for the better in our lifetime.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 13:24   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i dunno about beautiful dude. there aint **** all there cept dangerous animals, and its too ****ing hot

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:29   #7
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

The people in power in Ethiopia is (as usual) giving a damn about its own citizens. Todays dicators in Addis Adeba is just like Mengistu was (and for those who know he spent billions on waging war against the Eritreans with Soviet help).

Somalia and Etiopia has also been in conflict before, over this piece of land http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogaden_War)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:32   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Did someone say: payback for Mogadishu 1992?
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 18:11   #9
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
The US has apparently attacked 'al queda terrorists' in somalia. To be honest the entire attack by ethiopia on the somali islamists was sudden and 'odd'. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some US involvement in it, after 17 odd years of ignoring the issue why would ethiopia attack now, and how on earth are they paying for it?? Am i becoming too much of a conspiracy theorist or does this smell of proxy intervention to someone else?
I don't see why it's odd that the regional super power would act to protect its borders (which the Islamists claimed), plus wasn't Ethiopia was worried that the Somali Islamists would ally with Eritrea (talking of an Islamic state encompassing the entire horn of Africa) ? I don't think it's odd that America would be involved either, they claimed that the terrorist responsible for the embassy bombs in Africa a few years ago were fighting alongside the Islamists and were worried that not acting could create another Afghanistan.

I don't think that there's much of a conspiracy, they've made clear they're involved all along, they even deployed one of their fleets to the coast to make sure no one could escape on boats. Looks like the UN will have another fun outing to go on soon
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 20:22   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

Whether or not this specific action has American involvement seems relatively unimportant. That whole part of the world seems pretty wretched at the moment though.
'bout bloody time.
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 00:54   #11
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

He was also given a price by norwegian fertilizer giant Yara (the fertilizer part of Hydro)...

http://www.yara.com/en/sustainabilit..._ceremony.html

Notice that Mr. Sachs praises him, the ultimate proof he's a bad guy.

Yara was also accused of using this price as a payoff, as they were just after awarding Zenawi the price, given a large order in Ethiopia.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote