User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Aug 2012, 11:30   #101
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: round 48 prediction

+4 wont do much, apart form ppl like me (+3gmt) not being able to launch att fleets nemore Im fine with it tho, since i can prolly rape ppl in the morning instead

ppl close to +0gmt can still use the favors of this PL change and it wont change much

would have loved to see the attacking PL being reduced to maximum +2 ticks, which already would have made more impact on the upcoming round.. ps: the def PL could stay on +11
Unread 8 Aug 2012, 12:33   #102
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There really is no point in reducing defence prelaunch.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2012, 13:44   #103
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We seem to have moved off predictions somewhat. Nonetheless I predict I will win this round single-handedly.

Fear the reaper.
Unread 8 Aug 2012, 17:19   #104
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

/me is still awaiting Forests reply

I think in conclusion to this thread that predicting the round is pointless, we all know who should win. We know that the changes to PL favours the active players, giving our favourite even more chance. Really it doesnt matter who finishes 2nd-100th... they are forgotten, its all about 1st and only one alliance will win that...

6 out of 6... well done
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2012, 17:51   #105
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
it's only going to be negative because alliances are set in their ways and believe there is a finite number of ticks that one can land on. if everyone launched at 2pm then the same amount of incs show as 2am. it doesn't matter WHEN you launch its WHAT you launch. if alliances are only going to give half arsed attacked during the "day" then yes they are going to be easily covered. either put all your chips into day raids, or all your chips into night raids. not both.

I actually do disagree with this. The best time to attack is when your opponent is least responsive. That is 3am to 6am. The majority of the member base is asleep then, you rely on phone calls and sms to rally the troops, rather than them actually regularly checking in.

Because at 2pm everybody in the world expect Austrailians (im not aware of us having a massive Austrailian playerbase, maybe 10% at best!) is awake they will be able to respond defensively to incommings with a higher response rate. If anything launching attacks at 2pm is a harder task as a lot of people have jobs. They possibly rely on their phones to play in the daytime without iRC. Defence is coordinated with SMS and Callbots, offence is coordinated by actually talking to your partners.

PL should have stayed as it was, with the current playerbase (heavily European) their will always be a need to attack when they are sleeping, you wont change it because with 800 players it doesnt make sense to. Removing PL makes less people attack, that is just the state the game is in. Less attacks means defence is easier and their is a bigger def pool to draw from daily.

I personally dont believe that offensive stats and PL are the keys to solving some of the repitive feelings within PA. Something that captures peoples intrests more is the politics, the in fighting, the AD slatings and so on. These are where PA thrives, the interactions between its players on a basic level.

I also think that the alliance tag limits are wrong for a game of this size. So is the need to having 'non counting score'. That breeds laziness and inactivity, the fact that if your below that line then your planet doesnt matter. Maybe making everyone counting to score would push HCs to connect more with their whole team, to make everyone feel a part of a round, it would also make crashes affect the round, breeding a need to look after your planet better, which in turns makes better players.

Maybe a few more competitive tags would help too, but ofc the debate as to whether you will find more HC teams is out still...

Maybe hardcoded changes that forced alliances to declare war on another alliance before they could target 8 or more of their planets in a 24 hr period. Finding a way to stop the overblocking that we currently see if also a must, its just not fair or honourable to go 5/6 on 1 at any stage of the round.
Unread 9 Aug 2012, 01:38   #106
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I actually do disagree with this. The best time to attack is when your opponent is least responsive. That is 3am to 6am. The majority of the member base is asleep then, you rely on phone calls and sms to rally the troops, rather than them actually regularly checking in.

Because at 2pm everybody in the world expect Austrailians (im not aware of us having a massive Austrailian playerbase, maybe 10% at best!) is awake they will be able to respond defensively to incommings with a higher response rate. If anything launching attacks at 2pm is a harder task as a lot of people have jobs. They possibly rely on their phones to play in the daytime without iRC. Defence is coordinated with SMS and Callbots, offence is coordinated by actually talking to your partners.

PL should have stayed as it was, with the current playerbase (heavily European) their will always be a need to attack when they are sleeping, you wont change it because with 800 players it doesnt make sense to. Removing PL makes less people attack, that is just the state the game is in. Less attacks means defence is easier and their is a bigger def pool to draw from daily.

I personally dont believe that offensive stats and PL are the keys to solving some of the repitive feelings within PA. Something that captures peoples intrests more is the politics, the in fighting, the AD slatings and so on. These are where PA thrives, the interactions between its players on a basic level.

I also think that the alliance tag limits are wrong for a game of this size. So is the need to having 'non counting score'. That breeds laziness and inactivity, the fact that if your below that line then your planet doesnt matter. Maybe making everyone counting to score would push HCs to connect more with their whole team, to make everyone feel a part of a round, it would also make crashes affect the round, breeding a need to look after your planet better, which in turns makes better players.

Maybe a few more competitive tags would help too, but ofc the debate as to whether you will find more HC teams is out still...

Maybe hardcoded changes that forced alliances to declare war on another alliance before they could target 8 or more of their planets in a 24 hr period. Finding a way to stop the overblocking that we currently see if also a must, its just not fair or honourable to go 5/6 on 1 at any stage of the round.
Firstly, if everyone is attacking at 2am then all their fleets will be returning at 2pm which means less def fleets. Euros aren't the ones who do most of the dc'ing, the euros wont know what to do, makes sense to put the people who aren't as experienced under the pressure.
Unread 9 Aug 2012, 04:47   #107
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would hazard there are more European DCs than non-European ones, simply due to the fact there are so many more Europeans playing the game.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2012, 06:40   #108
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Firstly, if everyone is attacking at 2am then all their fleets will be returning at 2pm which means less def fleets. Euros aren't the ones who do most of the dc'ing, the euros wont know what to do, makes sense to put the people who aren't as experienced under the pressure.
I like how you completely missed the point of my arguement.

You originally proposed that it didnt matter when you sent, that 2pm had the same result as 2am. I was merely countering that at 2pm you have a vastly more responsive playerbase because 90% of people playing are awake instead of 60% being asleep at 2am. If your talking about changing how we attack then people wouldnt be returning at 2pm because then wouldnt have launched at 2am, and if they did then any recalled fleets would be home anyway ontop of normal defence ships.

Its also a common misconception that Americans are amazing DC's and deal with most of the incommings. A typical 5 wave attack on a planet will most likely have its first 2 waves dealt with my an American and the last 3 by a European (if DC's are being used) it will normally also be a European which will finish up covering missed waves ingal. European and American DC's are on a par, people just assume Americans do all the work.
Unread 9 Aug 2012, 07:13   #109
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

kaiba I haven't forgotten, it is just gonna be a long reply and getting online long enough to reply atm is hard. Will try today/tonight.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2012, 07:38   #110
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

all i am saying is if everyone just moved 12 hours forwards with their attack it would have the same result in terms of lands/recalls on the top alliances
Unread 9 Aug 2012, 09:14   #111
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

any chance this thread to get back to predictions ?

I predict that the alliance with the most members playing pro and getting little sleep will win.
There arent that many of them so whoever gets the most will win the lottery.

what will be more interesting will be the 3 to 6 rankings with the numbers dropped and powering through to a lesser position a damned sight harder.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2012, 17:48   #112
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
We seem to have moved off predictions somewhat. Nonetheless I predict I will win this round single-handedly.

Fear the reaper.
Good to see you back

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2012, 18:04   #113
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
all i am saying is if everyone just moved 12 hours forwards with their attack it would have the same result in terms of lands/recalls on the top alliances

I think we will have to agree to disagree on that one as i doubt we will have the evidence to prove either way.

Imo you would have more recalls if the majority shifted to day attacking and that would be compounded with less overall attacks in general, with people being unable to launch/check/recall from them due to daytime commitments.

Its far easier to send a def fleet when smsed than organise an attack on someone when your doing your job!!!!
Unread 13 Aug 2012, 11:27   #114
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

#1 App/Ult
#2 CT
#3 App/Ult
#4 HaveN

Who cares.

With only a 50 limit it shouldn't be hard for the two best alliances still left in PA to get to a full compliment of scoring members. IMO either app will win or idle to 3rd depends on how active they want to be. If there is no reasonable challenge for 1 from app ult will win again. As mistwraith said lowering alliance limits has done nothing for the top3/4 but anything after that is going to be tight. Maybe this round we might see smaller blocks as the "lower tier" alliances have to war each other to keep ranks.

If enough of them were still playing / cared i imagine this would have been an awesome round for Asc to return kind of a come back to prove that they are better than ult. I think it should be possible to see a round where both played since i don't think they share too many members.
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2012, 12:13   #115
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unfortunately most ascendancy players back when we were active (r26-33) do not play anymore and probably a good 60% of our memberbase from back then are either not really on irc anymore or would refuse point blank to play another round of PA!
Unread 13 Aug 2012, 14:26   #116
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

Indeed as i thought to be honest. Tis a shame though as even though i never played in either i regard Asc to be the better alliance. Would be good from a spectators view to see if that were correct.

Also before it happens Evo/Denial weren't quite ult so no we havn't ( and won't ) ever see Asc vs Ult
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2012, 15:27   #117
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

#1 BlueTuba

55 Members in fenced gals, with fake nicks and fake "allies". Would easily be ranked 1 if they joined up now.
29 members top 100, 49 members in top 200.
With everyone wanting to stop ultores noone will even think about the dangerous tuba's
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2012, 22:00   #118
Blink

Blink is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't make much difference, just create a planet and initiate to 1000+ And then get set on nodef and roided instantly. Then retire and then sit around yapping about little things. I enjoy your life Kai.
Unread 15 Aug 2012, 22:11   #119
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Nice attempt at a troll Fizz

Unfortunatly i have never inted to 1000, i have never been on nodef and the only time i have been roided 'instantly' was the night ND kicked me.

I may have retired but like a lot of people also on here that you have decided to exclude from your poor troll AD is a fun place to natter about stuff. I notice that you havent picked on the longer 'retired' mz or buly.

How is PA going for you anyway? Failing miserably in CT wasnt enough for you so you reset up DS? So you can make DFWTK look like a contending alliance???
Unread 15 Aug 2012, 22:57   #120
Blink

You were in Ults last round right? Afterall, I did keep an eye on you in CT.
Secondly why deny?
Thirdly - I didn't even fail at CT, so get your facts right before you failtroll.
Fourthly - Yep, even though DFwTK is a much better alliance than HeX ever was
Especially after you went undercover andjoined DFWTK, don't even try to deny. I tracked your stupid noobass IP
So you're basically implying you have nothing better to do than 'natter' on here? Aw. I feelforyou kiddo.
Unread 15 Aug 2012, 23:04   #121
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Ok last reply purely cause im waiting for a film to download:

1) I didnt play after tick 70? last round... maybe not even that long. Please confirm with my galaxy members at the time, Dealer was one of them i think.

2) Huh?

3) You were in CT and therefore part of CT's continuing PA failing

4) I didnt say DFWTK were a bad alliance, they are good at what they do. Competing for top ally isnt one of those things.

5) Undercover is a bit over the top. I used a different nick to join an alliance that i knew wouldnt let me in. I think about 10-15 people in there knew it was me within 24 hrs and it didnt bother them.

THE FACT YOU TRACKED MY IP AND ARE IMPLYING IM SAD IS HILARIOUSLY IRONIC BTW!! just needed to say that
Unread 15 Aug 2012, 23:34   #122
Blink

Excuses.
One person makes up the entire alliance? Okiedokey.
They're still better than hex ever was.
And uhh.. tracking IP is a 2 ssecond job. What are you? Mentally challenged??
Unread 16 Aug 2012, 12:03   #123
Albinoboy
ASS HC

Albinoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha Kaiba, still pissing people off I see?! ;-)
Albinoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2012, 12:13   #124
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Hi jj still retired??