User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 01:25   #1
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
xVx and Nap agreements

When agreeing a nap with an alliance and adding in a 48 hour cool off period it is often customary to wait until the agreed notice period is over until you attack the other alliance.

Am I right in saying that so far this round xVx has failed to honor such a cool off period twice and what does that say to any alliance wanting to work with xVx in the future?

Don't get me wrong, i couldn't care less that they are breaking yet another agreement but it could of saved apprime another night of incs if we had known

http://pastebin.com/iNhNFvid
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 01:36   #2
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of
Re: xVx and Nap agreements

Like it would matter for apprime if we get incs tonight or not at this point..
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 03:01   #3
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

ohh comeon CT, if you really want to fight for #1 and break off your nap, at least be a man about it. You guys wanted #1, and saw an opportunity for it by ending your nap and blocking against xVx. Consequence of it is you pissed off xVx and that will now bite you in the ass, and i hope ppl will learn from this and will never trust CT again.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 03:21   #4
Kolla

Kolla is on a distinguished road

Is there a federation in PA like star wars that should punish the bad guys? who dont respect the Naps
PA is dying come onĦĦĦ recruit more people
Kolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 07:12   #5
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

fk u respect and honour!
bitching, backstabbing and whining is the new style!

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 08:18   #6
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[DDK

Don't get me wrong, i couldn't care less that they are breaking yet another agreement but it could of saved apprime another night of incs if we had known

jooo i think you missed some allainces.. to nap like patsa and SCAN&COVP FEDERATION.....

Conspiracy

Howling Rain
NewDawn
p3nguins
ROCK
Tides of Fire
+DLR+TGV

its gonna be even more hilarious if u won't win... lololol

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 08:23   #7
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Ofc they won't win, almost tick1100 and they are hitting tiny 3-500 roid planets in my gal(none of which are in the #1 alliance), seems like a winning strategy!
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 08:38   #8
VampiriA
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Ofc they won't win, almost tick1100 and they are hitting tiny 3-500 roid planets in my gal(none of which are in the #1 alliance), seems like a winning strategy!
eksero less spam plz

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 08:40   #9
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Sorry eksero, we were under the (apparently) mistaken impression that whilst honouring the 48 hour cooldown period with the #1 alliance we were not allowed to attack them!
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 08:40   #10
coolkat

coolkat is an unknown quantity at this point

xVx didnt do anything wrong, You broke nap to plot against us, and were plotting against us WHILE we were napped. You also refused to help us on many occasions after we helped you... In my eyes the 48h cooldown didnt commence when you broke the nap with us, It started when you started plotting against us... So we have every right to hit you with this pre-emptive strike... so stop emoing and bullshitting yourselves, you asked for this so we gave it to you...

If you have any questions or would like to comment on these threads Feel free to PM me on Netgamers,

Peaceout-Coolkat
coolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 08:58   #11
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Coolkat you naughty boy !

This could be an interesting round end though!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 09:01   #12
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkat View Post
xVx didnt do anything wrong....... (lots of crap)......Peaceout-Coolkat
Sweet talk it all you want. Find any excuse to betray the agreement. I can only laugh.

Remy, p3on of HR for a round
Howling in the Rain
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 09:51   #13
VampiriA
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Sweet talk it all you want. Find any excuse to betray the agreement. I can only laugh.

Howling in the Rain
want a tissue? u sad Pal?

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 10:27   #14
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post

Howling in the Rain
It is highly likely GM plotted against CoolKat & xVx before breaking the NAP.. Although GM, quite rightly, didn't break any law abiding (lol) agreement you can understand why CK became annoyed by this and chose to attack before the agreement ended...

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 10:52   #15
RaZeR

RaZeR is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Coolkat you naughty boy !

This could be an interesting round end though!
I don't really see how this will affect round end tbh :P

The 6-7 alliance CT block was always going to hit xvx for the last few days, this probably hasn't made any difference at all :P
RaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 11:18   #16
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Even I honoured the cooldown period with NewDawn upon ending our nap! And this was while the EVIL DigitalZero was plotting* against me!

And somehow I'm a villain!

Which, tbh, I'm ok with. Villains get to monologue and I just love that shit.

*Ok, admittedly he was 'asking around' whilst under the assumption I was going to hit them anyway, but nothing like having an excuse handed to me on a plate

I miss PA politics. If we could do the politics thing without the planets/fleets thing this game would be a lot more interesting.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 12:07   #17
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post

I miss PA politics. If we could do the politics thing without the planets/fleets thing this game would be a lot more interesting.
Amen to that Sir

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 12:26   #18
Kolla

Kolla is on a distinguished road

at least there will be some action for the last days
in this Naped PA
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!
PA is dying come onĦĦĦ recruit more people

Last edited by Kolla; 26 Jul 2011 at 12:28. Reason: more aaa
Kolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 13:23   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pretty homo stuff from xvx. Of course people are going to plot against you while you have nap agreements if they want the #1 spot. The cooldown agreement is a standard thing so that you don't get backstabbed instantly. If you want a round-long agreement or a no discussing things with other alliances agreement then you should do that. Otherwise yeah your word is worth dick. Not that CT napping everyone isn't equally dickish but at least they didn't promise explicitly not to do that.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 13:31   #20
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

It is a general rule (in my opinion) that if two alliances have a no aggression pact to honor a 48 hour cooling off period if either alliance chooses to end the agreement. Whether alliance a was involved in talks to participate in the raping of alliance b is irreverent because there was no agreement not hit alliance b.

The truth of the matter is xVx broke the agreement and attacked CT within the 48 hour cooling off period.

Whether you're HC'ing for xVx in future rounds is also irrelevant, CoolKat, because you still acted on behalf of the xVx alliance, and xVx will find it difficult (dependable on each alliance) to enter in to NAPs with other alliances in future rounds due to their corruptness from the current round.

The main plausible reason why there is a 'gang bang' operation on xVx is because Apprime stated at the beginning of the round they they were 'gifting' xVx the win, and the block doesn't want Apprime to claim victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkat View Post
xVx didnt do anything wrong, You broke nap to plot against us, and were plotting against us WHILE we were napped. You also refused to help us on many occasions after we helped you...
CT didn't break the 'no attack pact' agreement. A no attack pact means that either alliance is not allowed to launch on the other. If the agreement went further, for example, coordinate attacks and/or work with together for the remainder of the round, then yes, GM would have been in the wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
ohh comeon CT, if you really want to fight for #1 and break off your nap, at least be a man about it. You guys wanted #1, and saw an opportunity for it by ending your nap and blocking against xVx. Consequence of it is you pissed off xVx and that will now bite you in the ass, and i hope ppl will learn from this and will never trust CT again.
Firstly, Influence, You've changed sides when there is only a week left of the round and you shouldn't be allowed to comment on the situation. And to comment on what you described about trust, "i hope ppl will learn from this and will never trust CT again.", well more like folk will learn not to trust xVx in future rounds if they don't honor a 48 hour cooling off period.

CT didn't do anything wrong. They honored the agreement and were honoring the 48 hour cooling off period.

Politics change frequently in this game and of course certain alliances will end agreements with other alliances. Honoring a cooling off period just shows integrity and shows they can honor agreements.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 13:31   #21
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Pretty homo stuff from xvx. Of course people are going to plot against you while you have nap agreements if they want the #1 spot. The cooldown agreement is a standard thing so that you don't get backstabbed instantly. If you want a round-long agreement or a no discussing things with other alliances agreement then you should do that. Otherwise yeah your word is worth dick. Not that CT napping everyone isn't equally dickish but at least they didn't promise explicitly not to do that.
You're spot on here as always JBG. However, to be fair to CoolKat it was his first round HC'in and he felt that gm actions were unduly backhanded. After all, xVx did help CT quite a lot earlier in the round. GM doesn't seem to hurt by the nap delay period ceasing, therefore it is all fun and games

Although it seems CT are in the red today! I wonder if incs are landing late on xVx? We shall see

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 13:43   #22
Lichen

Lichen is an unknown quantity at this point

meh...an alliance plans to hit you as soon as a cooldown period ends, i would say the obvious thing to do would be to hit them first, otherwise you're a sitting duck, no?

Well it seems obvious to me, the rest of the nay-sayers on this forum are just hopping on the bitching bandwagon!
Lichen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 13:57   #23
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post

The main plausible reason why there is a 'gang bang' operation on xVx is because Apprime stated at the beginning of the round they they were 'gifting' xVx the win, and the block doesn't want Apprime to claim victory.

Nothing to do with xVx being current #1 and CT aspiring to overtake them then?
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 15:19   #24
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

If CT aspired to overtake anyone they wouldn't be landing attacks where they lost 400k even without any defence fleets, would they?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 16:20   #25
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Firstly, Influence, You've changed sides when there is only a week left of the round and you shouldn't be allowed to comment on the situation.
I haven't changed sides, i left (and got asked to leave) TGV for reasons i will not discuss on here, and surely not with you. And I am not affiliated to xVx in anyway politically. I got asked by my galmate to join xVx so i could have some idiot CO fleets crashing on my (hasn't happened yet btw) fleet so i could improve the chances for our galaxy, and so i could have some more defence against certain ppl who hold grudges against me as i was the one defending an alliance policy they thought was wrong (and tbh, i agreed with them).

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 16:28   #26
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
When agreeing a nap with an alliance and adding in a 48 hour cool off period it is often customary to wait until the agreed notice period is over until you attack the other alliance.

Am I right in saying that so far this round xVx has failed to honor such a cool off period twice and what does that say to any alliance wanting to work with xVx in the future?

This the nap agreement which you ended by leaving an unanswered pm originally with Night-Sky - didnt even wait for a response.... what was the reason for breaking the nap with xVx anyway? you needed somewhere to crash your ships before round end???
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 16:35   #27
VampiriA
Retired

Quote:

FYI, we changed our mind, now we want ND to win.... and we will claim victory

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 17:23   #28
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
You're spot on here as always JBG. However, to be fair to CoolKat it was his first round HC'in and he felt that gm actions were unduly backhanded. After all, xVx did help CT quite a lot earlier in the round. GM doesn't seem to hurt by the nap delay period ceasing, therefore it is all fun and games
I do think that Coolkat has been slightly out maneuvered by GM but that should be something CK can learn from and prevent in future.
Providing he doesn't get the sack this round.

Quote:
I haven't changed sides, i left (and got asked to leave) TGV for reasons i will not discuss on here, and surely not with you.
http://knowitall.cthq.net/index.php?...gs&history=All

!quote influence
<Valhalla> <@paisley> influence couldnt run a bath nevermind an alliance defence

No further comment required.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 17:34   #29
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I do think that Coolkat has been slightly out maneuvered by GM but that should be something CK can learn from and prevent in future.
Providing he doesn't get the sack this round.
4.5 mill ahead with 3 days to play - actually made a gain as an alliance today over the rest - aslong as xVx dont crash thats all over and done with... why would coolkat get sacked for winning???

Surely GM should get sacked for not seeing the first strike coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisley

!quote influence
<Valhalla> <@paisley> influence couldnt run a bath nevermind an alliance defence

Ahhh yes ofc TGV are amazing now... expect they were 1st, now there 4th, Apprime has caught them up and everyone who mattered has emoed. Very easy to have positive stats when no one is bothered about atatcking you anymore...

I would actually say until they all threw their toys out the pram and imploded that TGV were the best alliance this round, even tho they were hampered with a rubbish fleet strategy
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 17:42   #30
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:

!quote influence

ahhh, fortunately me leaving had nothing at all to do with my (or my alliance) performance when it comes to defence this round. And i couldn't care less about how you feel about my qualities.

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 17:47   #31
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
4.5 mill ahead with 3 days to play - actually made a gain as an alliance today over the rest - aslong as xVx dont crash thats all over and done with... why would coolkat get sacked for winning???
future rounds of PA where politics and respective political HCs need good reputation for non back stabbing.

but on the +side I'm glad to see xVx now have ambition to go for the win which has been lacking for 10+ rounds now.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 17:54   #32
VampiriA
Retired

Quote:
future rounds of PA where politics and respective political HCs need good reputation for non back stabbing.

but on the +side I'm glad to see xVx now have ambition to go for the win which has been lacking for 10+ rounds now.
last time you had ambition to win was when exactly???

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 18:01   #33
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiriA View Post
last time you had ambition to win was when exactly???
Kenny left me broken hearted in R41
I did help out with DCing and BCing in CT for R40
But I haven't fully HCed an alliance since r18 (Subh)

However I might just make it on to the EoRC this round
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 18:03   #34
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
This the nap agreement which you ended by leaving an unanswered pm originally with Night-Sky
don't know where your getting your information, left a pm with coolkat and chimpie, next morning i checked and they were 11-13 hours idle! I did not PM NS.

Quote:
Surely GM should get sacked for not seeing the first strike coming!
Tbh we figured it would come, chaos said several times... But we were not going to be the ones to break our word and preempt them breaking the nap.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 18:07   #35
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Kenny left me broken hearted in R41
I did help out with DCing and BCing in CT for R40
But I haven't fully HCed an alliance since r18 (Subh)

However I might just make it on to the EoRC this round
mostly because your galaxy has been the only gal that hasn't been piled up against by 4+ alliances, fencing ftw!

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 18:13   #36
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
mostly because your galaxy has been the only gal that hasn't been piled up against by 4+ alliances, fencing ftw!
Not to mention exceptional cross defending when we got incs ???
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 18:30   #37
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, if there's anyone here that isn't xvx (who're biased) that thinks CT did anything wrong - you're an idiot.

That's not an opinion, that's not a baseless insult to be thrown around whimsically; you're an idiot.

The reason you're an idiot is because you're somehow failing to grasp basic logic:

1. An agreement existed. -with me so far?
2. The agreement was to "not attack one another"
3i. The agreement had a cancellation clause - the 48-hour cooldown period
3ii. Cooldown periods exist (when agreed upon) so that neither alliance can end a NAP any time they like and launch an immediate attack on an unsuspecting target.
4i. CT notified xVx (with whom they had a NAP, which had a 48-hour/tick cooloff period) that they intended to end the nap.
4ii. It was not CT's responsibility to ensure the person to whom they delivered this notification to was paying attention.
4iii. Upon notification of intention to end the nap, the commencement of the 48 hour agreed upon cooloff period began.
5i. xVx, for whatever reason or motivation, decided not to honour the cooloff period, and attack CT within the agreed cooloff period.
5ii. Thus, xVx broke the terms of the NAP with CT.

When two alliances are competing for #1, it usually involves attacking one another. In order to ensure best chances of success, the idea is to position yourself so you're in the best possible position politically to overcome your opponent at the point when battles occur.

Allllllll said and done though, I doubt this will hurt xVx's chances of securing a nap with anyone except CT, and even then it'd only be for the next round or so. Politics isn't always about working together with somebody you trust, it's about making use of other political players to give the best outcome. And the other person will be usually keen to work with you too, so long as it's in their best interests to do so.

R38 I had a teeny tiny falling out with DigiZero and everyone said it was the end of the world. Then when I next HC'd, Omega and NewDawn were napped for 3 weeks or something for as long as it was in our own best interests.

Yes, it was shit what xVx did but everyone will understand their reasons for it (if not necessarily agreeing with the execution), so let's not start to imply it'll have any real long term effects.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 18:40   #38
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
Not to mention exceptional cross defending when we got incs ???
The one time your gal had incs and it went -25%?
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 19:14   #39
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Im kinda lost as to why everyone is crying about this... its like 8 on 1 against xVx - i mean we are even getting Dead Soldiers incs and then CT pop up and end the nap. Tbh it was a complete fail anyway - roids really dont matter at this point of the round - xVx just has to keep doing what its doing and its already over. I would say CT left it far too late make that final pushand will hopefully now succumb to ND aswell and finish 3rd.

If ND wants 2nd place then really they should be hitting CT and not xVx, neither can win but ND can move past them.

On a sidenote to ND attackers... if you are lolwaving and get no defence then some of you are supposed to pull off and let the smaller guys land - you landed 2 such lolwaves today and completely ruined your cap and xp gain - 2 things that really matter when landing atatcks at this point in the round
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 19:16   #40
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
If CT aspired to overtake anyone they wouldn't be landing attacks where they lost 400k even without any defence fleets, would they?

http://game.planetarion.com/show_new...7djtsrb09frlp5

Apparently im a noob according to one of the attackers. (He lost 250k and got roided the same tick and the tick after )
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 19:18   #41
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
You could refer the the failed apprime gal raid around pt 120 Not often folk get the say that.
At that time of the round the gal win was up for anyone to take.

Last edited by Paisley; 26 Jul 2011 at 19:29.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 20:11   #42
Lichen

Lichen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
lol that really is exceptional cross-defending indeed!

Also Paisley, the gal win was up for grabs only up to around pt 130. Thats when other gals were taking incs hard while you fencers carried on your merry little way, so dont pretend it was anything but the fence-like makeup of your gal that got you to #1.
Lichen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 20:39   #43
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
lol that really is exceptional cross-defending indeed!
should have seen the waves that didnt get through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
Also Paisley, the gal win was up for grabs only up to around pt 130. Thats when other gals were taking incs hard while you fencers carried on your merry little way, so dont pretend it was anything but the fence-like makeup of your gal that got you to #1.
For the record my gal has no Apprime, DLR, p3nguins, ODDR nor ToF in it.
Whilst there is some major allies ingal like ND, CT, TGV, xVx in it.

I am not saying that the alliance composition ingal had no effect to my gal's success but to say it is soley the reason just doesnt cut it.
Afterall we haven't went into VAC mode.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 21:01   #44
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the CT hysteria on this thread over nap agreement protocol, as though it's like a law or something.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 21:07   #45
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
should have seen the waves that didnt get through.

For the record my gal has no Apprime, DLR, p3nguins, ODDR nor ToF in it.
Whilst there is some major allies ingal like ND, CT, TGV, xVx in it.

I am not saying that the alliance composition ingal had no effect to my gal's success but to say it is soley the reason just doesnt cut it.
Afterall we haven't went into VAC mode.
Highlighting DLR from 1:10 going into VAC mode as some how helpful is flawed. In fact DLR going into VAC mode destroyed the unity in that galaxy and effectively ruled them out for #1.

Your galaxy Paisley with another alliance composition would mean all of your scores would be significantly lower. But that does not take away from what you have done individually, but lets not pretend your super awesome either!
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 21:24   #46
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
Highlighting DLR from 1:10 going into VAC mode as some how helpful is flawed. In fact DLR going into VAC mode destroyed the unity in that galaxy and effectively ruled them out for #1.

Your galaxy Paisley with another alliance composition would mean all of your scores would be significantly lower. But that does not take away from what you have done individually, but lets not pretend your super awesome either!
I would agree with that
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 23:54   #47
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
You could refer the the failed apprime gal raid around pt 120 Not often folk get the say that.
At that time of the round the gal win was up for anyone to take.
At PT120 we hit what, 3-4 gals a night? Not a big surprise that some of the raids fail then
Unread 27 Jul 2011, 00:06   #48
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
Allllllll said and done though, I doubt this will hurt xVx's chances of securing a nap with anyone except CT, and even then it'd only be for the next round or so.
Thing is that wasn´t the first time it was done this round by xVx, ofc. it wasn´t a big fuss when it happened first time, since some take such actions with a shrug instead of whining

That said - I´m pretty sure CT ain´t the only ally ignoring naps from xVx next round.
Also - when you act the same way twice on seperate incidents it certainly looks like a bad habit, and not a bold move - we shall see....
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2011, 08:41   #49
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post
Thing is that wasn´t the first time it was done this round by xVx, ofc. it wasn´t a big fuss when it happened first time, since some take such actions with a shrug instead of whining

That said - I´m pretty sure CT ain´t the only ally ignoring naps from xVx next round.
Also - when you act the same way twice on seperate incidents it certainly looks like a bad habit, and not a bold move - we shall see....

How an alliance acts round to round is not something that affects naps - alliances will always nap who they need to to get as high as possible.

Look at ND and App - at war for large parts of this round, napped for most of last round, at war the round before that.

Its all about what suits your needs at the time not past actions of an alliance....

and anyway only reason CT ended the nap was to jump on the xVx raping bandwagon, what was xVx supposed to do? just sit and wait for it? they are already outgunned as it is... if anything it was just shrewd tactics and i reckon most alliances would have done the same in there situation.

The fact still remains though that CT have ended the nap a week to late and have ended up looking crap for it - ND should now pass them if they dont crash more fleets (wishful thinking )
Unread 27 Jul 2011, 09:38   #50
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
How an alliance acts round to round is not something that affects naps - alliances will always nap who they need to to get as high as possible.

Look at ND and App - at war for large parts of this round, napped for most of last round, at war the round before that.

Its all about what suits your needs at the time not past actions of an alliance....
I completely agree, whatever suit your ally, you take. Question remains, and I assume the intent of this threads topic, Are xVx actually an alliance you would consider napping next round? - since they now twice to their own benefit and misfortune of the counterpart have mistreated the agreement initially made. As you wrote kai, an alliance looks for agreements benefitting their own cause. And for me it seems plausible to make other agreements than with xVx, afterall there´s (plenty) other allies one can turn to.

Ofc. should xVx somehow sit on 50% of the uni value next round, they´re hard to dodge, however that is something I know you wont even begin to imagine aye

That said I I´m with you on the CT being too late, it will be quite close, and it was quite a waste of opportunity to wait this long before breaking the nap.

However for us peons who had our round excitement ruined by xVx weeks ago, it´s a fine opportunity to flex our longboats.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote