User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 Sep 2010, 13:59   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Alliance Points Breakdown

Hi all,

I've attached a .csv with a breakdown of all the alliance points.

I think the main thing it's worth noting is the amount of points currently awarded and if it's worth looking at changing some of the points. Also, I think it's worth looking at adding a maximum ratio to reduce some abuse.

Code:

+------+--------------+-------------------+
| Type | Total Points | Number of Records |
|    1 |        79532 |              1899 |
|    2 |        35452 |             15220 |
|    3 |       198290 |              8408 |
|    4 |      1225286 |              8408 |

+-------------------+------------+--------+
| Alliance          | Score Rank | Points |
| Conspiracy        |          5 |  86179 |
| Apprime           |          4 |  77793 |
| NewDawn           |          2 |  73836 |
| [NFI]             |          1 |  72561 |
| Vengeance         |          7 |  71891 |
| WE ARE ASCENDANCY |          3 |  66718 |
| ODDR              |          6 |  62463 |
| Howling Rain      |         10 |  62204 |
| Osiris            |          9 |  60332 |
| the horde         |          8 |  50716 |

1 = Defending in combat
2 = Making fleet recall
3 = Landing an attack
4 = Stealing asteroids

A breakdown of the points for every top 10 alliance vs each other is linked below so you can see where the alliances got their points. I've not had too much time to analyse it yet, but I'm sure some people will want to look at the stats
I'll do one for all alliances if you wish. I want to see how they all fared against PATSA

http://www.planetarion.com/files/app...nce_points.csv

Edit:
making fleet recall points were completely wrong. I've adjusted them as best I could, but it involved inverting and where the attacking alliance was much bigger than the smaller alliance, we lost the results. This shouldn't impact the ranking too much, though!

Note the change in ranking. I have a breakdown of points by rewarded alliance / opposing alliance / type / tick (well, action, actually. e.g. each individual landing, etc) if anyone wants me to generate that.

The base formulas are:
x*opposing_alliance_score/your_alliance_score

where x is 30,20,10,(metal+crystal+eonium asteroids stolen) for each of the 4 respective activities mentioned above.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 26 Sep 2010 at 10:51.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2010, 09:50   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Alliance Points Breakdown

Interesting enough the record numbers for both landing attacks and stealing asteroids are identical. It makes you wonder if this is a coincidence.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2010, 10:28   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gee. I wonder. Maybe it's that you only cap roids when you land an attack. That would surely be a revolutionary discovery.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2010, 12:15   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Gee. I wonder. I wonder what this means regarding the purpose of rewarding alliance points for both landing attacks and capping roids. Would it not mean, that you get points for each discovery, and then points for each revolutionary discovery, but each revolutionary discovery is a regular discovery in the first place.
Unread 28 Sep 2010, 13:06   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I double checked this as I noticed it too. There's ~ 1.2k type 3 records which are 0, and ~2.4k type 4 records that are 0 (or something).

So I insert even when no points are gained.
Unread 28 Sep 2010, 13:40   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Any system which would declare an alliance other than NFI the winner this round is ****ing retarded.
Unread 28 Sep 2010, 18:20   #7
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

well

CT winning the round over "insert anyone" by a MARGIN looks to me a bit "retarded"

it looks to me like the capping of roids is much more valued, then the defending and actually keeping them
(thats the only reason i could imagine CT got that many points)
now nothing against CT - "Hello gm"
but isnt it the criterias for a top alliance to :

*in that order*

1) keep the roids they have (make attackers recall, have em crash)
2) have more roids then their opponents
3) cap more roids then their opponents with the progressing round

*in that order*

???

it looks to me without looking at the *.csv (who the **** can open these?)
that

1) makin an attacker recall isnt rewarded enough
2) capping roids is overvalued
3) why would landing an attack give points if capping roids (which means to land an attack) give points allready?

Solutions: (cause i like a new ranking idea)

1) heavily higher the points for makin an attacker recall (cause thats where a succesful alliance has its rootage) - see 4) also
2) lower the points for capping asteroids (it has nothing to do with "beeing good in PA" to cap 100 roids every day - but loosing 200 every 2nd)
3) remove the points for landing an attack (see above)
4) implement a rate which calculates the number of alliance naps and those alliances "ranks/size/avgscore" (i am not sure which criteria would be the best) and which determines how many points you get

example: Alliance A is napped with B C and D
while Alliance E is playing without Naps

now A makes an attacker of E recall and gets xxx base points multiplied by a factor of ??? which is calculated by a complex formula including a) number of naps b) members of the napped alliances c) avg score of those alliances and d) alliance points of the attacking alliance e) score diffrence of the attacking player
while when
E makes an attacker of Alliance A recall, E gets xxx base points multiplied by a facor of ??? also calculated with the same criterias
while ofc beeing napped to none highers the multiplier, compared to having three naps amd ofc making a bigger player recall from a better alliance adds to the multiplier aswell

sounds complicated ?

yes, but hey

why all this?

because it takes not much skill to cover all appearing defcalls when you have napped the three biggest alliances next to you while the next 2 are afraid to hit you fullscale and the only calls showing up are from soloattacking and galraiding lower alliances - and therefore you shouldnt be rewarded with many points in a situation like this

while on the other side, beeing gangbanged on and still covering 80% of the calls is something which determines a good alliance and a possible worth round winning one

Ofc you dont have to ALLY your friendly alliance ingame (just dont hit em instead, like NAPS have been "old school")
and so you can "trick" the formula
but you loose the bonus effects from having a ingame alliance
1) getting a full coord swap, which updates itself
2) beeing able to defend em and recieve defence from em
3) avoiding "irregular" attackers and the following morning ceremony of:

Stormtrooper: Hey your member x:y:z is attacking our member a:b:c, pls get him to recall
MilleniumFalcon: Ok, i smsed him, i hope he reads the sms before landing (and doesnt ignore it)
Stormtrooper: Ok but if he lands, we will take the roids back !
MilleniumFalcon: I am sure it was an accident and that he will recall...

to cut a long story short

it shouldnt be about napping the biggest opponents
nor about capping the most roids but never keeping em

but instead about playing politics well (which has nothing to do with a high amount of naps)
and keeping the most roids with your members
while at the same time fighting the biggest opponents

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2010, 18:33   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I always thought planetarion should be about having the most ships and roids at any given point in time but hey ho.
Unread 28 Sep 2010, 19:20   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Funny thing, I think we already have something like that. "Balue"? "Walue"? The exact term eludes me.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 28 Sep 2010, 19:28   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
So I insert even when no points are gained.
Riiiight you mean some of the incidents where asteroids have been captured there has actually been zero asteroids captured? Explains.
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 03:29   #11
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I always thought planetarion should be about having the most ships and roids at any given point in time but hey ho.
Such a strange idea! I like it!
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 07:17   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Riiiight you mean some of the incidents where asteroids have been captured there has actually been zero asteroids captured? Explains.
Either the alliance fleet landed with no pods (/not enough pods) so no roids were captured, or their pods were killed / blocked / stolen, or they landed on an alliance a lot smaller than them (like, 1/(20*number of roids captured) the size) so it didn't show up.
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 07:47   #13
Tietäjä
Good Son

I see. I think I'm going to look at the sheet once I get home today. Maybe. It sounds interesting enough.
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 13:06   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Are you sure you're not making it too inverse in terms of "hitting upwards" in that, it's relatively difficult for a "high score" alliance to gain "alliance points" in compared to smaller ones?
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 13:09   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

tbh, that's a fairly legit concern.

I'm wondering about something more like:

base_points * function (target_alliance_value)

or
base_points * function (average_top_10_alliance_value/target_alliance_value)

where the function is capped at 2 and takes the value of the alliance you're hitting. I'd maybe use the average top 10 alliance value purely because this means that you get a ratio rather than a score, so it's more consistent over the round rather than being drastically weighted towards the end of the round (as roids already are).

This would mean that the #1 alliance and the #3 alliance would get the same score for stealing 100 roids from the #2 alliance.

The other option is to lessen or alter the ratio between the two alliances so that it has less of an effect. For example, take a square root of the ratio, or only give a bonus if the alliance is bigger than yours (set it at a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2)

Last edited by Appocomaster; 29 Sep 2010 at 13:17.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 14:05   #16
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

how about something like

APS = (roids capped*10*((min(2,target_planet_score/your_planet_score) -0.2) * (min(2,target_planet_value/your_planet_value) - 0.1))*60) + ((Fleet-cost / 100) + (Resources / 150) + (Constructions * 200) + (Roids * 200) + (Security Guards*6) + (Agents * 60))
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 23:49   #17
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Very interesting thread.
Attacking should be valued above defence, as that is the one causing the conflicts. With defence only the game will be deadly booring.
Obviously attacking major alliances should give multiple bonus from landing as it is far more difficult.
You should perhaps count made kills too, instead of just stolen roids. Kills tell alot how well alliance performed killing off enemies, far more better than beeing able to pick a few roids from here and there.

Second off comes perhaps covering the incoming, forcing recalls. Here alliance size perhaps dont need to count, as even a smaller inc affects your gameplay and roids kept. This will keep the top alliances score high aswell comparing to others.
Obviously crashing attacks should be calced as your good too, important kills to determine winners.

yeah perhaps some nap/political factors, but those are harder to track/calc perhaps. Agreed there regardless.
I wouldnt mind having two desiding ranks, pure value/score rank and then xp/alliance points rank. Perhaps calculate them together to get a winner.
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 13:48   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'm sorry but does anyone think the initial rankings and points scores accurately reflect anything about alliances whatsoever?
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 14:27   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I'm sorry but does anyone think the initial rankings and points scores accurately reflect anything about alliances whatsoever?
do you mean the stuff in my OP?
I think the relative ratios of points is fairly good (points for recalling is low but it was a bit bugged). If we add some sort of capping on for next round, I think it'll be a bit more interesting.

I think that the fact we've discussed reducing the ratio factor shows that it's a generally overplayed factor on the current rankings and is generally unfair to the top alliances who haven't got anything above to challenge them.
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 14:31   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The current system of ranking alliances is much better than APS. To take round 38 as an example, any system that shows an alliance other than NFI winning is hilariously wrong, while any system that shows NFI winning is redundant, because score already does that.
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 14:43   #21
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I dont really see the points in APS, what is wrong with ranking the alliances based on strength (value)?

Why are we trying to construction a ranking system where everyone has a chance? regardless of size, strength or skill?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 22:41   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
do you mean the stuff in my OP?
I think the relative ratios of points is fairly good (points for recalling is low but it was a bit bugged). If we add some sort of capping on for next round, I think it'll be a bit more interesting.

I think that the fact we've discussed reducing the ratio factor shows that it's a generally overplayed factor on the current rankings and is generally unfair to the top alliances who haven't got anything above to challenge them.
Okay. What I'm asking is this. You clearly believe, in some sense, that the current ranking system inaccurately reflects how well alliances perform. Given what happened last round do you have any idea what sort of alliance ranking, 1-10 etc, your system should have shown?
Unread 1 Oct 2010, 10:14   #23
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I dont really see the points in APS, what is wrong with ranking the alliances based on strength (value)?

Why are we trying to construction a ranking system where everyone has a chance? regardless of size, strength or skill?
It's a traditional attempt to please the losing side telling them they weren't actually that bad but in the end really should've won. It's consistent with the statement of making value count for less and less (see: value measures power. it started counting for less when xp was implemented. xp is a measure of how well you can hit bigger targets. this is a downwards spiral where it's innately easier for less powerful people to do this, since there are more people above them).

The point of the system seems to be to construct a ranking that is based upon some narrow definition of "activity" and "military ability" but one that also means that a powerful alliance can never win simply due to the fact that losers really need this for comfort.
Unread 1 Oct 2010, 16:55   #24
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

If I were to add an APS to the game the objective would be to provide another path to winning the round beyond the rather basic one that is the current game. I know value and the ability to retain it has been the basic core of the game since r1, but some folks are perhaps bored by this and so Appoco has decided to try and make the game more flexible by adding an APS to try and give the game more than one dimension.

This being said, I can totally see why most of the "traditional" crowd would be against this, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing a more flexible game.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2010, 20:24   #25
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
This being said, I can totally see why most of the "traditional" crowd would be against this, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing a more flexible game.
A game where breaking your fleet is the optimal strategy to win? I think we've seen it already, to be honest, and I reckon we concluded that it wasn't so great after all.
Unread 1 Oct 2010, 21:09   #26
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
A game where breaking your fleet is the optimal strategy to win? I think we've seen it already, to be honest, and I reckon we concluded that it wasn't so great after all.
APS shouldnt be based on crashing your fleet for roids [XP]
nor for that matter based on maximising your value (beeing high on value, pays of in so many ways, why make it the term to decide the round winner?)

i would love to see a system where the politcs are involved (amount of naps, number of planets in your tag etc...) and also the bravery of your alliance actions (attacking bigger galaxies and planets, defending of bigger guys etc...)

atm only an alliance can win the round with close to a full tag (counting planets)
so however u work out the alliance tag limits (which could be removed in a situation where the tag size doesnt have (much) influence on the Rankings (APS)) it will always be an alliance to win the round with a full score counting memberbase (atm)
so everyone not close to a full counting tag is disqualified from any alliance competition

thats sad imo

maybe we could introduce a modificator system

with f.e. a galaxy modificator

lets say everyones galaxy starts with a modificator of 10
then u get hit
and the launched value is compared to the defending value, and some weird kick ass formula counts your new galaxy modificator (implying lost roids, number of alliances in your gal, number of attacking alliances, rank of those alliances, avg score of em, launched cross defence fleets bla bla bla.....)

tbh i have absolutly no idea how you would wanna calc it

however you could have this modificator for alliances also!

so in the end the APS u get while hitting a galaxy/planet would be connected to the galaxies modificator while at the same time to the individuals planets alliance modificator
hell you could even implement a planet modificator (running your fleet lowers it, while fighting a good fight makes you achieve some points, while winning a battle beeing it in having someone recall from you or crashing on you heavily adds to your modificator)

that way the top galaxies would feel some pressure as they would be the perfect APS targets
specially if they fought off many attacks, contain many diffrent alliances (a hooray for fencing) and rock in cross defence...

roiding those should be rewared more then bashing Mr. 300 roid noobie in a shit gal , where everyone runs his fleet at the first sight of trouble

again a long post i am sorry

P.s. i am drunk

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2010, 22:51   #27
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
No, perhaps one where the number of in game NAPs you have is limited, or the number of constructions you destroy counts, or amount of research you do, or number of successful covert ops counts, or even something that no one has thought of yet.

If it's just a bland rehash of destroying your fleet for a glorified "XP" then sure I agree with you, but perhaps some out of the box thinking will come up with something interesting... or perhaps not.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2010, 00:23   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.

All of those things already have an effect on your value, as well as that of your opponent.
Unread 2 Oct 2010, 08:18   #29
Tietäjä
Good Son

I'd like to emphasize that all this rant about bravery factors will inevitably mean that introducing such factors always benefits the alliances with less value more than ones with more value, in a double-dip fashion.
Unread 2 Oct 2010, 08:55   #30
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

I feel as if we are trying to mess with the alliance ranking system for all of the wrong reasons. IMO the only reason some rounds have gone so out of skew with 1 or 2 very dominating alliances has been because of the actions of everyone else. Why are we trying to level the playing field just because certain alliances have come out on top and played the round correctly in order to win.

If these wins were due to x amount of naps or by screwing people over so what.. they played to win, or in some cases got handed it. That is the fault of opposing alliance HCs and the strategy of the dominating alliance HCs, which cant be stopped.

In simple terms, get over it and stop trying to think that playing with crap members gives you the right to be a #1 alliance.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2010, 13:24   #31
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
I feel as if we are trying to mess with the alliance ranking system for all of the wrong reasons. IMO the only reason some rounds have gone so out of skew with 1 or 2 very dominating alliances has been because of the actions of everyone else. Why are we trying to level the playing field just because certain alliances have come out on top and played the round correctly in order to win.

If these wins were due to x amount of naps or by screwing people over so what.. they played to win, or in some cases got handed it. That is the fault of opposing alliance HCs and the strategy of the dominating alliance HCs, which cant be stopped.

In simple terms, get over it and stop trying to think that playing with crap members gives you the right to be a #1 alliance.
We have certainly seen how well alliance HCs, including yourself, have managed to keep the amount of NAPs down the last 3 rounds.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2010, 08:30   #32
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
We have certainly seen how well alliance HCs, including yourself, have managed to keep the amount of NAPs down the last 3 rounds.
What's that got to do with anything? I couldn't give a crap about a new ranking system since the current one adequately reflects who should have won. As had been said any system that didn't put nfi at number one is retarded
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2010, 14:06   #33
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The point of the system seems to be to construct a ranking that is based upon some narrow definition of "activity" and "military ability" but one that also means that a powerful alliance can never win simply due to the fact that losers really need this for comfort.
Bored of a ranking system which ranks alliances by how good/strong they are? So we need to change the ranking system which has nothing to do with strength or value?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 07:04   #34
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

to make the rankings interesting its needed to come up with a system that indeed ranks the alliances taking into account their activity and strongness, while avoiding pushing the alliances to top1 that just have the numbers.. alliance that gets the top tag and isnt the most active/powerful/good valued does not deserve the win, however it would be nice imo if alliances with the size of 40-50 members can still be in a race for top1 tag in the round.

and here it comes again, make tag size smaller and bring on more competition, simple!
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 09:41   #35
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
to make the rankings interesting its needed to come up with a system that indeed ranks the alliances taking into account their activity and strongness, while avoiding pushing the alliances to top1 that just have the numbers..
We do that already, its called the alliance ranking system which ranks by score (which is mainly value).

It then avoids pure numbers taking the #1 spot by the alliance tag, which only a smaller amount actually contribute to that score. So a smaller alliance can be #1 if they've got 50 (or whatever the number is) more active/better players than other alliances.
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 10:09   #36
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

how about deducting 10% of the points every time you nap another alliance
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 10:19   #37
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Houw about 27.3%?!

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 10:20   #38
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
I like that idea
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 10:21   #39
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Meaning that people will want to NAp eachother even earlier before they have accumulated points...
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 10:27   #40
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Meaning that people will want to NAp eachother even earlier before they have accumulated points...
I would also suggest having a 10% (may need tweaking) impedance on accumulating new points per tick per NAP.
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 10:35   #41
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
We do that already, its called the alliance ranking system which ranks by score (which is mainly value).

It then avoids pure numbers taking the #1 spot by the alliance tag, which only a smaller amount actually contribute to that score. So a smaller alliance can be #1 if they've got 50 (or whatever the number is) more active/better players than other alliances.
with ganging up in planetarion, as we`ve seen in past what every round, and with having 40-50 additional members in tag making defpool larger than the smaller alliance has - this system still is not giving any possible way for smaller 40-50 man tags to compete for #1, or even #3.

Im not saying here that 5man tag should get a roundwin if thats 5 uberactive members there.. just that i still stand strong to my idea that with the reduced playerbase it would also make sense to make alliances more smaller and therefore make the competition a bit more interesting.. and dont start with the arguments about not having enough ppl to form new tags, etc.. this aint right and u know it

ive already gotten used to the fact that the tags aint gonna be made smaller and more competition will not be introduced with that so im not even trying to fight for it nemore :P apart from unregular mentioning of the subject in the forums

i know everyone has their own opinions and the way they see it in their head, which is good i guess.. just that not many prominent ppl from planetarion forums share my view :/
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 10:41   #42
neroon

i also understand ppl that are bringing the argument of breaking up the communities.. having smaller tags do not indeed give the chance to play as ND has played so far, a whole alliance, 1 tag, all together.. but there would be possibilities to keep the community alive in IRC, which is imo the biggest part of the game neways, and make ND1, ND2 and ND3 if they like.. but thats again the thing that should liven up the competition, as even if all ND tags gangup every night for attacks then still tagwise (and defpool wise, which is a very important thing) alliances like DLR with their 1 and only tag still has a chance to finish for top places (read: without having to recruit for numbers to make the possible defpool and attacking firepower bigger)

why not try to include such alliances to top race as well and make politics a bit more interesting with that as well?
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 11:15   #43
Mzyxptlk
mz.

This thread is becoming more hilarious with every post. Keep up the good work, guys.
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 12:03   #44
neroon

this game is becoming more hilarious with every round, doubt the active part is enjoying it tho
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 13:12   #45
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
Then alliances will nap without using the ingame feature.

Quote:
i also understand ppl that are bringing the argument of breaking up the communities.. having smaller tags do not indeed give the chance to play as ND has played so far, a whole alliance, 1 tag, all together.. but there would be possibilities to keep the community alive in IRC, which is imo the biggest part of the game neways, and make ND1, ND2 and ND3 if they like.. but thats again the thing that should liven up the competition, as even if all ND tags gangup every night for attacks then still tagwise (and defpool wise, which is a very important thing) alliances like DLR with their 1 and only tag still has a chance to finish for top places (read: without having to recruit for numbers to make the possible defpool and attacking firepower bigger)

why not try to include such alliances to top race as well and make politics a bit more interesting with that as well?
So, how would a tag of 40 compete against 3 tags of 40? thats 40 vs 120 before we even start the round.

The smaller the tag, the more owned an alliance can be by blocks. A block of 3 alliances could feasibily 3 wave every single planet of an alliance tag.
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 16:01   #46
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I would also suggest having a 10% (may need tweaking) impedance on accumulating new points per tick per NAP.
And a 15% cumulative penalty in the same fashion for each alliance who plays politics unfairly.
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 16:46   #47
neroon

Quote:
Then alliances will nap without using the ingame feature.

So, how would a tag of 40 compete against 3 tags of 40? thats 40 vs 120 before we even start the round.

The smaller the tag, the more owned an alliance can be by blocks. A block of 3 alliances could feasibily 3 wave every single planet of an alliance tag.
tag of 40 would compete cos the other tags are also as big as they are, they are leveled on defence side (yes attackwise 3 tags could gangbang on one 40 man tag but this has happened every round neways so nothing new in that)

having smaller tags might also courage to a way of playing without huge blocks
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 17:47   #48
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

alliance limits are not changing this round
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 18:13   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
having smaller tags might also courage to a way of playing without huge blocks
Seriously why is this going to happen? IF anything surely the decreased size of alliances would make you more vulnerable and more likely to try and arrange naps and allies to counter anything against you? While NFI held off, I use the term loosely, apprime/ascendancy last round I have my doubts NFI 1 could have beaten asc 1, asc 2, app 1 and app 2.
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 18:46   #50
neroon

im not saying this couldnt happen, but being in a block also kinda determines ure round outcome.. u choose wrong side and ure gonna lose, having more diverse universe however gives alliances more choices what and when to do

also having smaller tags, might also mean that dlr/ct/vgn and other a bit smaller tags do not need to block with 2-3 big alliances to take down #1 tag nemore that has twice their members atm(im refering to the big tag rounds atm).. having their enemies as big as themselves memberswise might courage em to go against em with less naps as they now are on same level kinda.. at least defence wise

if this happens between 2 80 member tags this point then yea thats a roidrace and nothing much comes from that.. having more diverse universe competent tagwise might create something else from this tho, as different alliances have different goals and things on their mind