User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 22 Sep 2010, 19:20   #1
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light
NFI round from my POV.

NFI round from my POV.

NFI strategy.

Preticks: Fleet strategy FR/DE , we almost went for Terran harpy/phoenix/BS but rogue at the latest changed our mind.. + the awesomeness of widow. Refineries where other one.. Everyone but scanners mainly went for tot so we could stack maximium amount of cons. Ofc as we all know our cathaars.. the few, the scanners where actually our best offencive weapon in the early-mid round as no-one hitted us with fi/co really due to our fr/de dominance.

Goal was to go with 40 core players.. who know how to play in my standards. Mainly ex-dragons.

Went for 2 week drinking spree/work spree, came back.. we had full tag and more.. Aka massive amount of work to make it work.. in pax. Tzu and Kenny had gone on a recruitting spree. Resulting in our HC room evolving from few to 8 people, of wich me,tzu,kenny,Patrikc where the core HC's, rest techies and BG Leaders/Core HC's who weren't able to play the round after all.Who had voice.

We started the game roiding pretty much blindly, until sun_tzu accumulated our intel and we started to get more. Due to this lack of early intel we almost went to war with ND + few nice ND bc mistakes, as we never really shared any galaxies with them more than 2ish out of our galaxies.. and we had what 12-16 fort galaxies in the end and shared none of them with ND.

Tick 250ish we got massive inc from multiple alliances, by accident and some on purpose due to Apprime spreading rumours we where getting massively hit. So vultures came. We grounded, survived 220+ fleets incomings that early in the round by sacrificing all support planets in fort galaxies and by sacrificing real planets who had "only" 500 rocks and 4 waves coming of incoming type against what we could not muster enough defence. So we donated to these players from ally fund to get back to 450 rocks from 200 or lower where they dropped. Good side of having massive ally value/score avg.

Anyways after apprime turned our pact down of us 2 vs the universe, we went to wargearing vs apprime/osiris combination, looking for allies from ND and ASC (who was under apprime attack during that time). Finally we managed to get them to hit the first friday on apprime galaxies.. we completelely devastated the apprime during that weekend as we avoidance deal with osiris until sunday so we didn't need to ground our fr/de fleets. In the wargearing part we had destroyed pretty much 90% of apprimes cathaars by random targetting their galaxies what had emp.. forcing them to do their counter attacks vs us with minimal amount of emp.. and that way increasing our def fleets chances vs bs/cr incomings. Long term tactic, what didn't pay up until around tick 350-400. Ascendancy stopped cooperation after we bailed them from Apprime/osiris incomings.. with our attacks on apprime. We considered this betrayal, but then again everyone in our HC was aware of that this was coming, so we had made sure in our wargearing phase that we would survive it as we did.

3rd week after this succesfull attack on apprime, we where hitted by pretty much everyone but ND. CT avoided us, but they still hitted 1-2 times that week with gal raids to our gals.. we had many fort gals over 12. Same with every other alliance who had heard we where in massive war.. This resulted in our fleets being grounded until 05:55 gmt every night so we got out only very weak attacks until for some reason apprime/asc etc attacked ND for one night but I think they where too demoralized to make a real effort as it didn't hurt ND at all. This resulted in us getting our counter attack out in coordinated fashion to same alliance target as ND's galaxy raids where going. ND's support to us during this week was, galaxy attacks to enemy gals and few def fleets, what we returned to them in same size the day they got incoming aswell with a cost to our own defences.. 1 wave got trough.

After this 3rd week, the enemies calmed down mainly due to santa quitting and osiris going neutral. What freed more of NFI fleets for attack purposes and we where able to destroy a bit more apprime before moving to reduce ascendancy's main planets 1 by 1. Other fact that was that my fellow HC's did after some yelling and constant reminders talk to the non-top 5 alliances daily to try to keep them away from us.. fighting 3 alliances + random incomings with just 60 real players and supports ain't that easy while keeping all your real planets alive and roid gains on 2-3% marginal daily on bar with ND.

I don't remember at what point during this happened the ND/ASC nap, I think it was week 4's weekend.. When they did it, we had to use our response scenario aka nap CT. This way we would be equal footing atleast with ND in military strenght if a war would break out later on. Ofcouse we weren't that worried about the scenario as NFI was able to beat ascendancy with CT's help even against the bloody salvage rule. While covering same time the apprime incomings and random gal raids by oddr/vgn etc. In our favour was also the fact ND had to hit something.. and apprime/osiris where low on roids mainly, so they hitted everyone who has neutralish.. this way distancing themselfs from potential support vs us in future. We mainly pstriked and focused on fort galaxies because of this.. we tried to avoid everyone who wasn't actively in war with us.

Ofcource is was annoying to see ND's CR/BS fleets hitting non-asc targets as they could have killed ascendancy very easily due to ASC had focused all of it's ship production vs fr/de incomings from NFI.

Basically I started the round with the understanding we would need 2 alliances on our side to hold off the gangbang if it would come.. ND turned out to be one, CT the second. Remove one of those and NFI would get gang banged by everyone as no-one would fear retaliation with the old pa follow trough..
We would farm our enemies, not just take some roids.. we would take them all.

That's the macro version. It lacks the ODDR vs ND thingies. Btw Munkee never had pnap with NFI.. He's fleet was just that good. A true terran DE fleet what would have been worthy of entrance to NFI + it helps being in Amon's galaxy. Thou he was about to go down the weekend when I left, as he was the only one left who i considered worth of hitting in ASC with pstrikes before we would have moved on to new war or old enemies. We even had one member building ghosts only for that takedown, ofc willjo didn't know it.. but that was the idea why he had been building ghosts only for a week straight aswell as to support nitz ingalaxy.

That's about it, I stopped HC:ing after too many people started to think they know how to run alliance..by doing military decisions and then not reporting them to me. Oh well they got their shot.. And result has been the last 2-3weeks of drama and forum spam. Wish they would have done better, and avoided that massive mistake of breaking nap with ND as they should have known better what the after effects would be.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 21:00   #2
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Re: NFI round from my POV.

yawn. military this and that...sif military made you dominate. Egoboosts are so 2007.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 21:18   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What is this doing on SD?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 22:49   #4
timpayne

timpayne is an unknown quantity at this point

What really happened is NFI Napped up a nice block for most of the round, as soon as those NAPS ended they couldn't defend against anything.

They may win the alliance tag but in my eyes ND have been more impressive.

timp@yne of the House of P@yne - 8th round 2
timpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2010, 23:35   #5
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

tim payne, sorry but you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. NFI may not have had huge incomings seen on alliances in previous rounds but we have had some significant incoming which we defended very well.

we are losing roids now cos its everyone hitting us so, its not that surprising.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 00:22   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shortened version: Were more active. Outnumbered everyone in turn. Won. Attempted to throw it away but failed.
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 02:49   #7
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpayne View Post
What really happened is NFI Napped up a nice block for most of the round, as soon as those NAPS ended they couldn't defend against anything.

They may win the alliance tag but in my eyes ND have been more impressive.
Thanks for giving me a good chuckle

Next time maybe you should actually play the round or otherwise be involved to any sort of extent before acting like you know what happened

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 02:59   #8
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

LordN that's the most coherent I've ever seen you
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 07:18   #9
timpayne

timpayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolezy View Post
Thanks for giving me a good chuckle

Next time maybe you should actually play the round or otherwise be involved to any sort of extent before acting like you know what happened
Ha! I was just stirring the pot!

timp@yne of the House of P@yne - 8th round 2
timpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 08:18   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Shortened version: Were more active. Outnumbered everyone in turn. Won. Attempted to throw it away but failed.
Thanks for saving me from that long post JBG

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 08:58   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Stupid argument, you can know what's going on without playing.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 10:08   #12
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

11:05 @Unreal5 • i think we should sacrifice a goat in the honor of lordn for being so awesome
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 10:09   #13
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Seriously LordN, you should stop whatever drug you are taking
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 10:10   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Look who's talking.
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 10:26   #15
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Lordn = Badarse ruthless HC

Better than Kenny though!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 10:29   #16
Provider
Smurf Forever

Provider is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice post Lordn. And its 200% true compared to how i saw the round. Its clear who was the real HC from NFI and the leading force behind NFI.

Too bad Kenny pulled all the negativity towards him and towards NFI as well. NFI was a great ally and friend till some stupid decisions were made around tick 950.

-bows to NFI- Nice round, just a pitty about the ending.

NFI will get the golden metal but the last 200 ticks resulted in a rusty iron edge around it.

-=Caliban [ND HC]=-

rnd 3: If I only could remember - GIA HC/TGS
rnd 4: [30:14:3] (smurfs) - Fury/TGS HC || rnd 5: [21:4:16] (gauls) - TGS HC / WPO
rnd 6: [1:2:4] (LotR) - WP HC || rnd 7: [22:8:9] - WP HC
rnd 8: [55:8:9] - WP HC || rnd 9: [11:10:8] - WP HC || rnd 9,5: [x:y:z] -
WP HC rnd 10,11,12 etc cant be assed anymore to write it down here.
rnd 35, 36. 37: ND

Proud to be a Wolf in [WolfPack]
Provider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 10:56   #17
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Well played and congratz I guess.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ğragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 14:45   #18
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
What is this doing on SD?
While you might argue this would normally be an AD post, it also fits reasonably well here, he is discussing the strategies that NFI used under different circumstances over the course of the round. You may or may not agree with his interpretation of events, but none the less he is listing strategies used to deal with those events.

With that in mind I will allow this thread to stay here, with a reminder to the posters that if you turn this into a flame thread rather than a discussion of the merits of the strategies employed I will close the thread.

I would also like to encourage any other ally representative to post on this thread (or make their own) to discuss the strategies they employed this round to manage fleets, and how successful they felt their efforts were.

#strategy

Last edited by Monroe; 24 Sep 2010 at 01:42.
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 02:14   #19
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Stupid argument, you can know what's going on without playing.
Per usual, you result to trolling. I didn't say you COULDN'T know what's going on without playing, I was merely commenting on what he said based on what I know to be his (very limited) involvement in the round. At least read the damn post before you troll

Unread 24 Sep 2010, 03:15   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Per usual, you result to trolling. I didn't say you COULDN'T know what's going on without playing, I was merely commenting on what he said based on what I know to be his (very limited) involvement in the round. At least read the damn post before you troll
You told him that he needed to play the round before commenting on it. I can only assume that you can't find anything wrong with the content of his post, or you would surely have pointed out what the mistakes were, rather than resort to ad hominem. Twice.
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 03:45   #21
nolezy
Class Clown

Quote:
You told him that he needed to play the round before commenting on it. I can only assume that you can't find anything wrong with the content of his post, or you would surely have pointed out what the mistakes were, rather than resort to ad hominem. Twice.
Perhaps you should read up on what ad hominem actually means. I appreciate your boring and yet completely predictable response, but I don't really feel the need to explain myself to you. The comment was directed at timpayne, who knows exactly what I mean and where I'm coming from. I don't really know why you feel the need to continuously troll every thread that's going on, apparently that's been added to the job description for forum moderators.

While we're on the topic of trolling perhaps I can interest you on a quick refresher. While I appreciate you taking your time to negrep me after you trolled my post(s), perhaps you'd find that I'm not the one that 'doesn't even know what trolling is'. It's pretty clear, that my response had nothing to do with you, wasn't aimed at you and generally didn't elicit a response from you giving your two cents. Since I know you'll ask, I'll point you to the specific line that reads "...off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

If you felt the need to disagree with my post, you are perfectly entitled to that, but perhaps you should take into account the fact that the intent of the post was to interact with the poster, not you.

Unread 24 Sep 2010, 07:15   #22
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Might be worth pointing out that timpayne did play, thus invalidating your first post and rendering this current train of argument thankfully irrelevant.

as to LordN post its so self centered i can hardly bear to read it :/
But if the asc bits on which i can claim some knowledge are anything to go by its not entirely accurate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
..... Ascendancy stopped cooperation after we bailed them from Apprime/osiris incomings..
we bailed not because the incs stopped but because of a combination of things but mostly our organisers failed to get online to keep us part of wider attack on apprime by picking targets, but also because it was quickly clear app were not nearly the threat they first appeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
Ofcource is was annoying to see ND's CR/BS fleets hitting non-asc targets as they could have killed ascendancy very easily due to ASC had focused all of it's ship production vs fr/de incomings from NFI.
Wait a minute here, you just said we were under heavy App attack earlier, we went much of the early/mid round unbalanced towards fighting CR/BS because of that, the focus of ship production was to get us somewhere near normal; FI/CO not CR/BS was our serious problem.

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 24 Sep 2010 at 07:26.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 09:37   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
If you felt the need to disagree with my post, you are perfectly entitled to that, but perhaps you should take into account the fact that the intent of the post was to interact with the poster, not you.
If you wanted to talk to timpayne and timpayne only, you should have PM'd him. These are public forums, if you post on them you can expect public responses (like this one). Additionally, if you do not want to "explain yourself to me" (I would have said "engage in meaningful debate"), then I do not understand why you're replying to my posts. Honestly, I don't really need to know, but it seems like a contradiction.

As for me, I'm replying to your posts not out of some deep seeded desire to always be right, but because I'm trying to get you to talk about the subject at hand (namely, what exactly it was that timpayne was right or wrong about).

By now, however, it is clear to me that you have no interest in actually doing that. By continuing to avoid to post anything of substance and by continuing to post mistaken or false accusations of trolling, you're wasting both your own time and (frankly, more importantly) mine. Suffice it to say that I have no interest in further contributing to that line of conversation, if we can give it that (rather ambitious) label.

All that is just long-winded background music, though, and I apologize for it. My only real request to you is a timeless one: if you disagree with what timpayne said, explain what it is and why it's wrong. If you're not willing to do that, please don't post on these discussion boards.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 24 Sep 2010 at 09:55. Reason: less frill
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 14:42   #24
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Fair enough assessment I suppose, although I can't say I had much to do with the recruitment spree, that was mostly Kenny's doing, heh.

As for the end, I'll reserve my comments for the EORC.