User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Sep 2012, 09:37   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
If you had to pay an extra credit for a "restricted" feature....

....what would it be ?

Some examples:

The ability to, when viewing a scan you made, have a link on that scan to a newer version of that scan if anyone in the universe has made it.

The ability to queue more researches/constructions

Having a special asteroid with your nickname on it released into the universe after shuffle (or you starting with it? bye bye anonymity)

Some sort of Planetarion IRC vhost

Some sort of Planetarion-based e-mail address

etc etc.
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 09:46   #2
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
Re: If you had to pay an extra credit for a "restricted" feature....

yeah they all sound good.

i think the scans one is possibly bad though. example, get scans done of yourself then just check to see if new scan is done, then you know someone might be attacking you.

extra queue for more money makes sense. people with jobs have less time but more money.

nickname roid? something fun i suppose.

IRC vhost and email both good ideas. although, will they only last 1 round?

also, possibly this suggestion that i made?
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 09:48   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
IRC vhost and email both good ideas. although, will they only last 1 round?
I think it'd have to have some sort of time limit on it, whether a round or a year?
Quote:
also, possibly this suggestion that i made?
I was thinking of giving that for free as that's just information you already have. I'll try and see if I can come up with a quick page next week, most of the code is around somewhere so it's a 2 hour jobbie.
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 09:50   #4
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Additional Queues, extended PL back to what was 'normal' maybe. Any of these would work.

Although I'd be interested to know, is this an idea of yours for improving the game and getting more dev funds or is Jagex looking to bleed us dry :P!
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 10:03   #5
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i think anything that drastically alters the game mechanics, whether i agree with how it is or not, would be bad. so things like paying to have extended PL would not be good.

all those things that appoco mentioned, imo, are not ways to win. they are just ways to improve your playing experience.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 10:13   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am not convinced that the mechanism of paying for ingame advantages is the right path to follow. I have nightmare visions of Farmville.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 10:22   #7
Reincarnate
ToF

i do not see it as a problem if it doesnt give an unfair advantage. extra skins, vhost on comunit, pa email are no extra advantage. even a couple of extra queue slots doesnt give some major advantage.

however, if it becomes things like extra PL ticks, extra ships, special researches for extra cores, that is very dangerous.

Unread 28 Sep 2012, 10:46   #8
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I hate pay2win games but PA has been to some extent one for years (upgrades) and as long as its fairly simple like upgrades, like extended queues I think its fine.

It's when you can buy resources for money, and more than once per round that games become truly pay2win and god awful.

I wouldn't want to go any further than whats already been suggested in this thread and any other none game breaking changes.
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 11:34   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Just to clarify, this is not looking for ways to get more credits from the community without investing in the game. This is more of a "assuming the game grows a bit more, what things that aren't game-changing would you actually be prepared to part with a small amount of money over?"

Merchandising (and non-credit prizes for winners) are completely different areas of conversation that would also come up assuming more attention and time is spent on the game.

I'm personally strongly against making paying more of a differentiator than the upgrade bonus (which is already large enough). Hence, most of my changes being more of this nature.

Interested that people think that changing the queuing would be OK but prelaunch would not be OK (both activity-related).
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 12:04   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Prelaunch has a much more profound impact on the game than queuing does.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 12:58   #11
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

i'd pay for the ability to have a 2nd planet. :P
a 4th fleet slot would be worth something too i guess.
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 13:28   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

I guess a credit for an alliance scan planet (or a second planet) would make sense. I'm not sure what limitations second planets would need to have, tbh. (even assuming that we ever went ahead with what is quite a controversial idea)
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 15:02   #13
Reincarnate
ToF

i would be strongly opposed to 2nd planet for a credit or 4th fleet slot. its not having a second planet that i have a problem with, it is that you would be able to buy success. keep it as just little visual/convenience benefits not huge game changing effects.

Unread 28 Sep 2012, 16:39   #14
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I agree with Rein, 4th fleet slots or extra planets are huge advantages, unless there were free versions of them as well with some sort of annoying but light restrictions on their usage.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 16:42   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
i would be strongly opposed to 2nd planet for a credit or 4th fleet slot. its not having a second planet that i have a problem with, it is that you would be able to buy success. keep it as just little visual/convenience benefits not huge game changing effects.
If your score is based on the average of the 2 planets, it will reward activity. Paying to be more active is a good deal.
You could use the 2nd planet to do cov ops, or scans... that's what's already done at alliance level.
Limitations could be: can't have both planets in an alliance. If you get one in any ally, the other one will remain allianceless. ofc you could not have the 2 planets in the same gal even by exiling... really plenty of possibilities to make it balanced.
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 16:50   #16
Reincarnate
ToF

i dont see how any of that balances it to be honest. still gives huge advantage to people who are ok with paying for success. and if you throw in all those limitations it just makes it kind of pointless.

Unread 28 Sep 2012, 17:05   #17
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

with the small community that is left now, i actually think it would be more interesting to allow every players having a 2nd planet. (for free)
Would bring a whole new level of gameplay in motion, and more planets.

(Both planets must be in same alliance etc..)
Would open to even more alliances, and more game play...

Just throwing it out there... AGAIN
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 17:33   #18
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
with the small community that is left now, i actually think it would be more interesting to allow every players having a 2nd planet. (for free)
Would bring a whole new level of gameplay in motion, and more planets.

(Both planets must be in same alliance etc..)
Would open to even more alliances, and more game play...

Just throwing it out there... AGAIN

And would possibly mean that Ultores could split into 2 tags - one of super actives and one of slightly less actives and come 1st and 2nd each round!!! AWESOME
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 17:39   #19
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Tbh a credit upgrade alreadys gives you a couple of big advanatges....

Auto reported incommings... something that makes a real difference to your round compared to a free account.

Paid account scanners scans stick around longer.... can be invaluable in an alliance to have a 10 tick old AU scan instead of no scan at all (makes you able to calc def)

An accumulative roid boost... this can be nearly 400 roids for free if taken at the right time and if your in an alliance like Ultores those are 400 roids you will keep and could make you rank higher.

Bar a 2nd planet which is the lamest idea out there, there isnt really a bad bonus you can give for a '2nd upgrade'. The first ones give a massive advanatge over a non paid account so whats the difference??
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 17:42   #20
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I just dont trust certain players to have 1 account let alone 2 accounts
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 17:45   #21
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Being allowed to have double the number of planets legally will not have any impact whatsoever on the number of planets people have illegally.
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 17:55   #22
TheoDD

Both planets under same login ofcourse. (if it were to happend)
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 17:56   #23
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Being allowed to have double the number of planets legally will not have any impact whatsoever on the number of planets people have illegally.
how does one come to that conclusion?
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 18:13   #24
Mzyxptlk
mz.

How not? People who have multiple planets have already shown they don't care about the limits set for us by the rules. Why would a change in them affect them at all?
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 18:13   #25
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
How not? People who have multiple planets have already shown they don't care about the limits set for us by the rules. Why would a change in them affect them at all?
that conclusion seem highly logical to me
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 18:22   #26
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

do you trust multihunters with the current workload?
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 18:27   #27
Mzyxptlk
mz.

What does that have to do with anything?
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 18:30   #28
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
do you trust multihunters with the current workload?
tbh... simple answer: NO

I've reported several highly scetchy breps and planets over the rounds, which has always ended in the same result: Nothing!
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 20:00   #29
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

So you are looking for a way to get more money from this game, which is ok when you really put that back into its development.

I once suggested a news ticker which even made it into the game (news feed). I suggest you make a banner sized feed visible all times in some corner of the general PA interface.
Once added show all the "news feed" stuff there and allow the players to send short messages there (via SMS/Paypal). This is nor game changing nor interfering at all, just a small addition which can be used for alliance propaganda and so on... I've seen this is some other games and it seems the guys make some money with it.
I think adding social stuff like this is always good. And if you don't like it, don't use it. As said, it doesn't interfere with gameplay in any way.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 22:34   #30
tokath
semi-retired

tokath is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly if it doesn't provide a decent in game boost/advantage I wouldn't pay the cost of another credit to get it. If it's cheaper micro-transaction kind of costs then some of those ideas like extra queuing of con/res would be nice.
r4: 61.24.2 r5: 5.9.2 r6: 26.22.7 r7: 9.20.???? r8: 44:10:3 r9: 10.9.6 r9.5: 34.4.1 r42: 8.6.8 r43: 10.4.7 r44: 2.8.2 r45: 6.2.8 r46: r47:7.6.3 r48:2.5.7 r49:2.6.8 r50:4.5.4 r51: r52: r53: r54: stupidly still playing
tokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2012, 01:29   #31
stojke

stojke is an unknown quantity at this point

only that make sense for me is an extra fleet slot
stojke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2012, 23:43   #32
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Wait wait wait wait....

An EXTRA credit?! The game's hardly worth the single credit we pay at the moment, there's been no serious development gone into the game in the last ten years, and you're trying to think of more erroneous things to charge for?

So we pay our £5 (/whatever) to get the current "exclusive benefits" and you're suggesting we pay another £5 (/whatever) for "exclusive benefits+"?

I think this is the single motherf**king cheekiest thing I've ever f**king heard.
Unread 30 Sep 2012, 00:28   #33
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

http://www.develop-online.net/news/4...riously-enough
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2012, 10:05   #34
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

But does that mean the likes of PA will just be shut down? At the end of the day it currently turns a profit. It is atleast sellable to someone. It would be a bad business move to close down a game that MAKES you money.
Unread 30 Sep 2012, 10:06   #35
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It means nothing.
Unread 30 Sep 2012, 12:33   #36
Appocomaster
PA Team

Planetarion still breaks even (I believe it turns a small profit but nothing substantial). My understanding is that, as it's running and is relatively cheap to run, they'll keep running it and won't look to sell it as long as people keep playing it.

There are other things going on too which are the things I keep waiting to speak about but can't, and I don't know how they fit in to things.

I have not spoken directly to Mark since I met him; however, I've spoken to people who have had informal conversations with him fairly regularly.

Kenny, if you read my post you'll say that I wouldn't consider putting in any of these measures unless / until substantial development is ongoing; I would personally not like seeing charging additional money for the game until the community can agree that the game is moving forwards properly again and nothing I've heard suggests that others hold a different opinion to me (either within or outside of Jagex)
Unread 30 Sep 2012, 15:48   #37
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Am I dreaming or does Appoco open the door ajar for the ability to name your asteroids??

Awesome!
Unread 30 Sep 2012, 19:07   #38
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

only thing i`d pay extra for would be 2nd planet (with 1-2 fleets, scan/resource hording planet/moon) or whatever someone comes up with.. this kind of change should be made public tho without any extra pay needed neways, but this wont happen neways and planetarion just dies and dies and dies

i would never pay for having any cosmetics done for an extra credit, nor does an asteroid named by me make me happy..
Unread 30 Sep 2012, 22:21   #39
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

I would pay for:

- more qeues - atleast 6 each.
- The possibility to change Gov at will throughout the round.(max 3 times)
- Being able to salvage ships at full refund
- Being able to cancel production at any time, for full refund.

The above combined, yea possibly another credit, I need to think about a few more to add to make it truly worthwhile.

And tbh, it's not huge advantages over those who don't get it.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2012, 01:57   #40
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Has anyone read that? Here is the article:

Quote:
Studio boss Mark Gerhard speaks candidly about the Cambridge outfit's failed games

Many of Jagex’s previous development initiatives outside of RuneScape were treated as hobbies by the studio’s founders, claims the developer’s CEO.

In a frank interview with Develop, Mark Gerhard said users met games such as 8Realms with the appropriate response after development was not taken seriously enough.

Jagex announced in May that it was closing ithe MMO, which reportedly had only managed to attract ten per cent of the user figures needed to turn a profit.

As a result of the game's closure, a number of staff lost their jobs whlist others were move to other positions within the company.

With other projects such as MechScape cancelled and development on Stellar Dawn suspended, he said that Jagex was now focusing solely on the projects that matter.

“Candidly, our previous development initiatives were very much hobby projects from the founders, and I think they were met with an appropriate response by the community and prospective customers,” said Gerhard.

“I think the historic focus was only RuneScape really, and everything else was a little bit of a blue sky distraction. ‘Hey this will be fun, lets dabble in this, let’s go do that’. I think it’s like anything in life, unless you take it very seriously and you make the right decisions, the necessary efforts, or appropriate investment, you can’t expect success.

“I think to other projects, like 8Realms and things like that, I think that was one of the last hobby projects that we carried through, and obviously that was evident. Now it’s just working on the projects that matter.”

Jagex is now working on games such as Transformers Universe, which it hopes to release in beta by the end of the year.
Oh and Appoco: You should seriously stop announcing an announcement. Jagex is not supporting you. They let you take the fire.. Just ask them to accept Spinner's offer and sell this game to someone less annoying than them. No extra credit on earth would save PA with such an incapable ruler which makes us really miss zPeti!

And...

Unread 1 Oct 2012, 05:23   #41
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Korsan had a good idea about a chatbox thing for ingame. every round you should be able to get 10 free "shouts" which you can use in the chatbox, with the credit that you pay for maybe 1000 extra "shouts" this can be used by people how ever they see fit within the rules of the game. i know a lot of people don't use IRC much nowadays and its a lot easier just to have the game open in a browser than it is to have IRC open aswell.

As for the two planets idea i think if we made a comitment to actually agreeing on this idea then we could make rules for it ourselves as a community on how it should work, i personally like the two planets average = your score, so people who want to still win need to run their 2nd planet less like a scan planet.
Unread 1 Oct 2012, 21:03   #42
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
Has anyone read that? Here is the article:

Oh and Appoco: You should seriously stop announcing an announcement. Jagex is not supporting you. They let you take the fire.. Just ask them to accept Spinner's offer and sell this game to someone less annoying than them. No extra credit on earth would save PA with such an incapable ruler which makes us really miss zPeti!
I did read the announcement and if anything it only makes more sense, based on what I know.

I will try to stop announcing announcements. It's frustrating for everyone.
Unread 2 Oct 2012, 02:34   #43
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I did read the announcement and if anything it only makes more sense, based on what I know.

I will try to stop announcing announcements. It's frustrating for everyone.
You really kill me man... It's like your girlfriend who keeps telling you all the time "I bought your birthday present but I won't tell you"

PS that really wasn't meant as offense Appocomaster

And...

Unread 2 Nov 2012, 13:50   #44
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Things you might pay an extra credit for?

-Maybe one credit can give you 3 Govt change credits? Allowing you to change govts mid round ... one credits cost tho should let you do this a few times or be incorporated into a larger bonus. (this credit would stay with your account until all three are used)

-Scans not blocked by dissies, with the exception of inc scans?

I actually think the scans thing should just be standard now. But ideas.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2012, 14:00   #45
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Re: Things you might pay an extra credit for?

in that perk package you could have

3 credits to be used for perks

1. govt changes
2. tech skips .... (skip a tech ... IE skip fr/de research(max 1 2 or 3 per round idk)) (this cant be used for cores, struct res, or hct)
Unread 2 Nov 2012, 14:47   #46
TheoDD

Goverment change idea i like, but im afraid it would make those eligble to swap from demo to corp. Unless some major changes on goverments.
Making dists pointless is a really really bad idea imo. It's a strategy to spam distorders, why would we want to ruin that?
Because you got one too many incs that you couldn't scan for fake / real?
Unread 2 Nov 2012, 15:50   #47
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

People would pay or quit which isnt good. That package would be too needed to actually play on a high level. Even 1 gov change would make it way to good for people not to pay.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2012, 17:49   #48
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

yeah meaning more profit for PA :P but 1 govt change isnt enough for a credit by itself
Unread 2 Nov 2012, 18:08   #49
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

its not more profit if alot of players quit cause it now costs twice as much to play
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2012, 18:12   #50
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

I might pay to get bbutcher sked