User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Feb 2008, 20:43   #1
Kenny

At last

Right, here it is:

PROCESSOR - XPS 420 Viiv Intel® Processor Q6600 Quad Core™ 2.40GHz, 1066Mhz FSB, 8MB cache
OS - Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium
HARDWARE SUPPORT - 3 Year Warranty
MONITOR - Dell™ 22" Black Wide Flat Panel (E228WFP) - UK/Irish
MEMORY - 4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [4x1024]
HARD DRIVE - 1TB Dual Hard Drive Non RAID (2x500GB - 7200rpm)
GRAPHICS CARD - 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT card
TV CARD - Integrated Hybrid TV Tuner card with Dell Media Remote control
OPTICAL 1 - 6X Blu-Ray ROM Drive
OPTICAL 2 - 48X CDRW/DVD ROM
KEYBOARD - (bought seperately)
MOUSE -(bought seperately)
SOUND CARD - Sound Blaster® X-Fi Xtreme Gamer PCI Soundcard
SPEAKERS - (bought seperately)
FLOPPY/MEDIA DRIVES - 19-in-1 Media Card Reader

All for £1250.74.

I got the 3-year warranty as opposed to the basic 1 year, but only because I managed to haggle the price down from £200 to £100 because I'm a 'preffered customer' - i.e. I've bought from them before and was spending a lot of money anyway.

Thanks ever so much for all the help and advice, I am quite happy with my new purchase, and am now looking for a decent mouse/keyboard. 14 days until the PC arrives, I have plenty of time
Unread 6 Feb 2008, 20:47   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: At last

If you lived in Jersey it'd only cost you about £1000
Unread 6 Feb 2008, 21:44   #3
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wouls laugh so hard if the kenny made a thread in a couple of weeks crying about his confiscated PC because he didn't have a TV licence.

No offence or anything, it's nothing personal.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2008, 22:06   #4
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I wouls laugh so hard if the kenny made a thread in a couple of weeks crying about his confiscated PC because he didn't have a TV licence.

None taken, but just don't expect me to laugh quite as hard :P
Unread 6 Feb 2008, 22:08   #5
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
If you lived in Jersey it'd only cost you about £1000
Yes, but then I'd be living in Jersey
Unread 6 Feb 2008, 23:31   #6
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

iirc you have to have a TV licence if you have a computer in the house even if it hasnt got a TV card in as it has the potential to get signal
Unread 6 Feb 2008, 23:53   #7
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
iirc you have to have a TV licence if you have a computer in the house even if it hasnt got a TV card in as it has the potential to get signal

Oh...

Crap.

Guess I better go check this out soon before these dozens of letters get followed up heh.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 00:23   #8
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A friend of mine's son had a meeting with the CEO of Dell two days ago. If I had only known, I could have had him mention you to the CEO whould have probably just given you something for free. Oh, well. What could have been.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 09:44   #9
Kenny

Heh.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 09:46   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's not my reading of it. Although I except that the new definition is rather draconian.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 09:55   #11
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

afaik when I was at uni you could have a PC in your room and not have to have a TV card (even if you did have a TV card you could say that you didnt have one and not allow them in to check - for that they need a police warrent at which point whilst they're off to get one, just uninstall tv card and huzzah
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 11:21   #12
Kenny

Sounds like a plan. Although the TV card is more for when I get a flat later this year, but hey.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 12:41   #13
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

How many threads Kenny?
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 13:06   #14
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

201?
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 14:51   #15
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
Sounds like a plan. Although the TV card is more for when I get a flat later this year, but hey.
Why don't you just download all the good TV? No adverts and you can view them at any time you want.*

*of course, I am referring to the legal outlets through which you can obtain such shows.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 15:48   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Of course. Especially those rock.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 15:56   #17
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A sewing needle has the potential to recieve a signal, that sounds like rubbish to me.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 16:21   #18
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Your cock has the potential to get signal if you wrapped some copper wire around it.

Maybe if we shoved a cable up your arse we could use you as an antenna until the technology companies catch up to this golden opportunity to have personal TV enbedded in your abdomen, Teletubbies style...

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 18:39   #19
Kenny

You Are Gay; last one, I promise*. Side note:

Here is my mouse.

Here is my keyboard.

And here are my speakers.

*in relation to my pc. Thank you for your patience :P
(P.S. I woulda just added this to my first thread, but couldn't find it.)
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 18:51   #20
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Waste of £1,300 if u ask me. I'm a poor "starving" student, and could probably live on that for a year. My barebones system bought from novatech for £150 1.5 years ago still runs "everything" i throw at it np. Next time u got a wad of money, put it into a high interest savings account
VenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 18:54   #21
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
Waste of £1,300 if u ask me. I'm a poor "starving" student, and could probably live on that for a year. My barebones system bought from novatech for £150 1.5 years ago still runs "everything" i throw at it np. Next time u got a wad of money, put it into a high interest savings account
I am honoured by your first post, but the jealousy in your tone is glowing like a hiroshima flashlight factory.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 20:42   #22
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
Anyone living on £25 a week is either:
  1. Not eating enough
  2. Not drinking enough
  3. Not washing enough
  4. All of the above.

Unread 7 Feb 2008, 23:44   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://tvlicensing.metafaq.com/templ...QPLBGS3NJ8UGHG

from the TV licencing site, appraently im sort of right, if you are planning on watching something 'the same time as its on TV' then you need a licence, and if your PC has a TV card in it then you need a licence, so **** you DM and DJ
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 01:25   #24
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
(...)I got the 3-year warranty as opposed to the basic 1 year, but only because I managed to haggle the price down from £200 to £100 because I'm a 'preffered customer' (...)
With that signature text of yours i find it hard to believe that you are a "preffered customer" <3
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 02:08   #25
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Logitech Mx518 is the mouse you want. They're extremely good for gaming / high performance.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 02:12   #26
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
http://tvlicensing.metafaq.com/templ...QPLBGS3NJ8UGHG

from the TV licencing site, appraently im sort of right, if you are planning on watching something 'the same time as its on TV' then you need a licence, and if your PC has a TV card in it then you need a licence, so **** you DM and DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Licensing
(If you use a digital box with a music system or another device that can only be used to produce sounds and can't display TV programmes, and you don't install or use any other TV receiving equipment, you don't need a TV Licence.)
I guess that covers your copper-covered cock.

Unread 8 Feb 2008, 05:23   #27
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was more aimed at the licensing people than you, I was just saying if they told me that I would tell them to shove off.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 12:11   #28
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Logitech Mx518 is the mouse you want. They're extremely good for gaming / high performance.
I chose the other mouse specifically because it only had two buttons. I've been playing and excelling in games with two-button mice for years, give me any 'programmable function keys' and it's going to alter the entire way in which I handle a mouse.

Plus, I chose the one I did because yes, it does only have two buttons.... but the main point is it's shiney
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 13:33   #29
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Change is bad?

P.S. I'm in love with my Logitech G5.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 13:33   #30
All Systems Go

I have a mouse. It has a wheel!
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 14:14   #31
Kenny

Quote:
I have a mouse. It has a wheel!
*highfive*
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 01:57   #32
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Anyone living on £25 a week is either:
  1. Not eating enough
  2. Not drinking enough
  3. Not washing enough
  4. All of the above.
well thats only term time which is 24 weeks, so ~£50 a week, which is enough tbh. And im pretty sure aswell i cud live on £25 a week, at a stretch, but i wud have a very boring year.
VenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 10:42   #33
Smudge
For Crowly <3

at uni was living on £25 a week for 3 months, granted it was tough but had decent fun; £15 on own brand food (you'd be surprised how far it streched), £10 partying money (pound parties with free entry)

edit:

upon reading this thread ive noticed the stupid amount of money spent on periphals.

my keyboard (3 years old) - £8 from woolworths
my mouse (4 years old) - £4 from dixons
my speakers (2 years old, 5.1 surrond) - £30 from argos

why the **** spend > £50 on a bloody keyboard?
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 11:25   #34
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

omg you spent £23.49 on a mouse and its not even cordless.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 11:56   #35
Kenny

cordless mice/keyboards suck.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 13:32   #36
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
cordless mice/keyboards suck.
qft.

My parents have had them for years now, and every time they get a new one it sucks more than the one before. It's really quite amazing. I wonder if they put any significicant effort into ensuring the continuation of this trend.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 14:15   #37
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Cordless mice suck for gaming especially.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote