User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 Aug 2006, 10:22   #51
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Blackmail ?

what happens when the gal gets incs from every alliance in there gal, free roids?
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 14:23   #52
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
Question is what allys would do gal raids on their own gals?
I'd really have thought you'd know Paisley, your shiny new big Zik shipjumper is from the galaxy in question. As for the alliance in question here, it's eXilition and the galaxy contains 4 eXi members.

In my own galaxy this round there were 2 eXi BP members, 1 Omen and 2 new players brought in from Pia. Since I exiled into the galaxy eXi has attacked me just once and their own BP at least 10 per planet. But then I never really had a decent roid total, which is realistically all they care about.

That said, I don't especially have a problem with this in the way many others of you seem to. It's not a very nice tactic but I'm reasonably sure eXi aren't in the business of playing PA to be nice. They play to win and they have never shirked from questionable, nasty or even downright ruthless tactics in the past. Nothing has changed except perception and perspective. Whilst previously no action was too base so long as it aided in the dethroning of 1up it seems that if these ruthless actions are directed at those other than 1up they suddenly become unacceptable.

This is silly and I'm with the put up or shut up crowd on this issue. This is nothing new but if it's suddenly gained in awfulness then take them down if you can. However many of you are a lot braver in the forums than ingame so I'd be surprised if it happens.

PS. On a personal note Paisley, wasn't it hypocritical of you to criticise Alki recently for shipjumping and then taking in a top planet shipjumper yourselves? Or is that Rise of Honour, Loyalty, Dedication slogan just for show?

edit: Removed indirect reference to galaxy rank at the direction of Lokken

Last edited by Achilles; 4 Aug 2006 at 14:49.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 14:42   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why is that directed at lokken?

PS check your pm's!
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 14:49   #54
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I felt that there was a potential risk to the no coords rule - so I directed Achilles to edit half a sentence.

(we're such pros JBG!)
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 15:34   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I felt that there was a potential risk to the no coords rule - so I directed Achilles to edit half a sentence.

(we're such pros JBG!)
Genghis Khan would have boiled him alive so we're not quite there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
PS. On a personal note Paisley, wasn't it hypocritical of you to criticise Alki recently for shipjumping and then taking in a top planet shipjumper yourselves? Or is that Rise of Honour, Loyalty, Dedication slogan just for show?
Just on this note I was rather disappointed myself when i heard this.
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 21:01   #56
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'd really have thought you'd know Paisley, your shiny new big Zik shipjumper is from the galaxy in question. As for the alliance in question here, it's eXilition and the galaxy contains 4 eXi members.

In my own galaxy this round there were 2 eXi BP members, 1 Omen and 2 new players brought in from Pia. Since I exiled into the galaxy eXi has attacked me just once and their own BP at least 10 per planet. But then I never really had a decent roid total, which is realistically all they care about.

That said, I don't especially have a problem with this in the way many others of you seem to. It's not a very nice tactic but I'm reasonably sure eXi aren't in the business of playing PA to be nice. They play to win and they have never shirked from questionable, nasty or even downright ruthless tactics in the past. Nothing has changed except perception and perspective. Whilst previously no action was too base so long as it aided in the dethroning of 1up it seems that if these ruthless actions are directed at those other than 1up they suddenly become unacceptable.

This is silly and I'm with the put up or shut up crowd on this issue. This is nothing new but if it's suddenly gained in awfulness then take them down if you can. However many of you are a lot braver in the forums than ingame so I'd be surprised if it happens.

edit: Removed indirect reference to galaxy rank at the direction of Lokken
A question is why would a 5 round + seasoned vetern of your ally decide to uproot and leave... I am sure the decision wasnt taken lightly. Needless to say he backed 1up in r15 with the same type of predictiment.
To me that would be ringing alarm bells.

There is a difference between doing gal raids and specific target picking a hostile ally. Exil has done the latter to 1up on their own accord sorry cant blame subh for being a "flak" ally this time not that you were targetted heavly in r15. Question is if 1up has avoided targetting exil in their own galaxies would it be an acceptable reason for such a roid difference?
still my gal has chipped in their bit of def for the 1up member in my gal.

Dare I say it... Did 1up underestimate exil this round and a few of the "shipjumpers" are thinking "fk this I thought they would have learned from r15 to take these guys on with a NAP and not a 1v1 basis, why should I suffer another repeat bad mistake?"

there is a difference in shipjumping, you have 1 round members who get 5 waves and then go and jump a bridge. Not the type of member you want in ally (aka your man utd fan...only sing when they are winning.)
then you have the several round veterens who think oh no not again I thought they would have this sorted for this round.

Back to angels I dont think it is hypocritical, they have/had a good core but too many "man utd fans" who jumped ship which left angels reduced to not play to the level they accustomed to playing.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 21:16   #57
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I know I am not going to please every ally we have previously had good relations this round happy due to the political landscape.
This was bound to happen at some round

What I was pointing out to alki was subh succeeded in r17 against angels to what angels failed to do to subh in r15... bash them to the point of no recovery.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 21:20   #58
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
A question is why would a 5 round + seasoned vetern of your ally decide to uproot and leave... I am sure the decision wasnt taken lightly. Needless to say he backed 1up in r15 with the same type of predictiment.
Im no mind reader, ask him perhaps?
Im sure he has his reasons - not that ive been told what they were

Quote:
Dare I say it... Did 1up underestimate exil this round and a few of the "shipjumpers" are thinking "fk this I thought they would have learned from r15 to take these guys on with a NAP and not a 1v1 basis, why should I suffer another repeat bad mistake?"
I doubt they were underestimated - we knew before the round had started that they intended to form a block of their own to take us down quickly and history has shown what standards they set for themselves in game ethos, mentality and morality.
Why didnt 1up form a block? - You would be best off asking the HC directly but personally - my take on it is this :
history has shown that blocks are a destructive force for the game - why should 1up counterblock in response and further the demise of the game itself?
Sure blockwars can be fun at times but once one side is dominant, its not so fun for anyone.
Yes, the blocks can and sometimes have broken up once this has happened but its hardly a certainty.

Also, 1up has shown itself to be a proud alliance. Im sure " we'll play this game our way, not have our actions dictated to us and hopefully win while we are at it " has come into it at some point with the command decisions.

It might have been hoping for too much that Exil would have the balls to take 1up on alone without having to sort out their block first though
( and all the other extremely questionable methods they have used. its what at least 2 rounds that their actions have forced a rule clarification? )
Seems they are quite happy to remain cowards, who if the pattern holds will disappear for next round too .

Last edited by Phil^; 4 Aug 2006 at 21:35. Reason: grammar
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 21:22   #59
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Needless to say he backed 1up in r15 with the same type of predictiment.
you need to refrain from making such scathing assumptions

by the way i don't think you have a clue about angels at all, though i like any other laugh heartily at them, they have a very strong core of people who have played with each other for many, many rounds ...

edit: Phil^, there is a lot about your own alliance (and some of your members) that you need to learn about before talking about pride.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 21:27   #60
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Im still confused to how or why I am a shipjumper, someone really needs to enlighten me, jesus christ:|

edit-

Quote:
Back to angels I dont think it is hypocritical, they have/had a good core but too many "man utd fans" who jumped ship which left angels reduced to not play to the level they accustomed to playing.
Seriously, you either need to educate yourself properly or just shut the hell up, you make yourself look like a utter moron just because you have bad blood with Angels
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 21:32   #61
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
edit: Phil^, there is a lot about your own alliance (and some of your members) that you need to learn about before talking about pride.
im more referring to the command staff, rather then the members. Lots of pride in there.
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 21:33   #62
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
im more referring to the command staff, rather then the members. Lots of pride in there.
I believe he was referring to officers/ex-officers
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 21:38   #63
Phil^
Insomniac

If he was, then im unsure what on earth hes on about.
Ive not seen anything which would indicate contrary to the above. I judge on observations and everything ive seen thusfar leads me to that conclusion.
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 21:52   #64
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
If he was, then im unsure what on earth hes on about.
Ive not seen anything which would indicate contrary to the above. I judge on observations and everything ive seen thusfar leads me to that conclusion.
closed doors etc maybe?
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 22:06   #65
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
closed doors etc maybe?
possibly, yes.
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 22:14   #66
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

paisley what you don't seem to be understanding is that you have not much knowledge on angels at all whatsoever and are making ridiculous statements about them and then posts like that when you're addressed on you're lack of information heh.
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 23:29   #67
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
To me that would be ringing alarm bells.
To protect his planet rank because his galaxy mates were threatening to have his planet raped I would think. That is the subject of this thread isn't it? Or do you remain confused perhaps?

Perhaps you do because Elviz quit in R15 when he was roided by eXilition; he didn't back anyone up, least of all the alliance that had supported him to victory just one round previously.

Where is the Honour in that?
The Loyalty?
The Dedication?

Or are these only qualities to possess when you are winning? Now I have no real probem with you taking on Elviz at all, I quite like the guy and he had to go somewhere, but it is really time to get the **** off the soapbox from which you've preached such great ideals. That you would continue to criticise Angels (very wrongly) in this thread just days after accepting a for-personal-gain-shipjumper is the rankest kind of hypocrisy. That makes you the worst kind of hypocrit sir.

Quote:
there is a difference in shipjumping, you have 1 round members who get 5 waves and then go and jump a bridge. Not the type of member you want in ally (aka your man utd fan...only sing when they are winning.)
then you have the several round veterens who think oh no not again I thought they would have this sorted for this round.
No-one in the history of modern day PA has the record 1up has in terms of success and continuity. We can't win every round and, to be perfectly ****ing honest, we may well not win this one. I didn't realise that this was an excuse to **** over every other member and leave the second you are threatened with incoming. Anyway, our gain is your loss, I don't suppose there is much more to say than that.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 09:07   #68
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I doubt they were underestimated - we knew before the round had started that they intended to form a block of their own to take us down quickly and history has shown what standards they set for themselves in game ethos, mentality and morality.
Why didnt 1up form a block? - You would be best off asking the HC directly but personally - my take on it is this :
history has shown that blocks are a destructive force for the game - why should 1up counterblock in response and further the demise of the game itself?
Sure blockwars can be fun at times but once one side is dominant, its not so fun for anyone.
Yes, the blocks can and sometimes have broken up once this has happened but its hardly a certainty.

Also, 1up has shown itself to be a proud alliance. Im sure " we'll play this game our way, not have our actions dictated to us and hopefully win while we are at it " has come into it at some point with the command decisions.

It might have been hoping for too much that Exil would have the balls to take 1up on alone without having to sort out their block first though
( and all the other extremely questionable methods they have used. its what at least 2 rounds that their actions have forced a rule clarification? )
Seems they are quite happy to remain cowards, who if the pattern holds will disappear for next round too .
Who did we block with?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 09:42   #69
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

It might have been hoping for too much that Exil would have the balls to take 1up on alone...
Here comes my five cents on why 1up did not form a block against exilition: they were not able, nobody was interested in joining on a stand to become flak early on.

The irony in your antiblock context praising 1up as valiant knight playing for what is presumably best for the game takes back to last round when while Omen made the mistake of not blocking, 1up ganged up with Insomnia. To add to this, there were support fire alliances hitting flanks. In brief, you are a little too much full of your arrogance to see that 1up fights on the exact same terms as anyone else - including exilition.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 12:14   #70
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Here comes my five cents on why 1up did not form a block against exilition: they were not able, nobody was interested in joining on a stand to become flak early on.
Why would Sid want to block, he has won numerous times that way.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 12:32   #71
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Why would Sid want to block, he has won numerous times that way.
He had won blocking before last round too; actually, he had won blocking more than not blocking, so why block last round? To ensure victory? Has he won eXilition yet?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 12:39   #72
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
He had won blocking before last round too; actually, he had won blocking more than not blocking, so why block last round? To ensure victory? Has he won eXilition yet?
I think his track record for blocking has been rather good myself when he's been 1up.

r11 - solo
r12 - ND but mutual interest it's not as if he actively 'tried'
r13 - defeated
r14 - had a small ally that ballooned up unpredictably - not as if he tried to block
r15 - pretty much solo, mutual interest created some loose alliance with Angels
r16 - solo, should have won, got beaten by Ascendancy.
r17 - solo

So I don't think he's that interested in blocking.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 12:45   #73
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
r17 - solo
So, allying with one alliance to take down another does not consist of blocking? If this goes with the definition of blocking, then he should have, this round, allied with another alliance to take down eXilition, and won the round solo.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 13:46   #74
lokken
BlueTuba

Even if that is true, you have to ask the following questions: Was it simply a natural occurrence or an express motivation to forge that relationship? How large were the parties involved?

Even then 1up won round 17 by hiding then tagging up a mile ahead of everyone else. If then it was 'victory by blocking' it would be the tip of a rather massive iceberg which doesn't diminish the overall weight of my post by very much.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 13:56   #75
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So, allying with one alliance to take down another does not consist of blocking? If this goes with the definition of blocking, then he should have, this round, allied with another alliance to take down eXilition, and won the round solo.
Blocking's usually accepted to be 3+ alliances, NAPed and attacking together towards a common goal.

2 alliances that ally are simply an alliance of two alliances, not a block.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 14:11   #76
jerome

legion and fury weren't a block either guys, just two alliances working together ...
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 14:14   #77
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
legion and fury weren't a block either guys, just two alliances working together ...
I agree. They weren't a block, just an alliance of the two most powerful alliances in the game. No-one at the time referred to them as a block either.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 14:19   #78
jerome

you're actually being serious?!
edit: about the '2 alliances allying not being a block' thing
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 14:25   #79
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

The modern day equivalent of Furgion would be 1up/eXi*. If you don't consider that to be a power block than you are too far lost to semantics to ever be saved. Context is King.

*Can anyone think of a good name for this because I can't? I think this may be the real reason it never happened.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 14:35   #80
furball

Yeah, I am being serious

Sorry but the word intrinsically leads itself to seminatics. Find a word to describe two powerful alliances allying and I'll be happy with that. But it's not a powerblock.

A (power)block is when 3+ alliances ally, e.g. SEx, NoCeX, FLTV, XETA, FoS, VvomM, NARWEET, FPM and so on. Furgion may have been a very powerful alliance of two alliances but I don't view it as a powerblock.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 14:51   #81
lokken
BlueTuba

Blocking depends on the level of influence those two alliances have rather than numbers.

1up and exilition together, for example would be a block, but 1up and reunion when they started out definitely wasn't and didn't appear to be designed to be .

As Scouse would probably say, it's all about how you define 'block'.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 15:05   #82
furball

Quote:
Blocking depends on the level of influence those two alliances have rather than numbers.

1up and exilition together, for example would be a block, but 1up and reunion when they started out definitely wasn't and didn't appear to be designed to be .

Following an IRC discussion, this seems to be numbers (me) vs influence (lok/jer).

There's probably a word out there to describe two powerful alliances allying. For some it is 'block', but I believe that represents something more than just two alliances. Furgion was the old name for this. An alliance of 1up and eXilition would probably be called something like 1-X, since the two words don't really mesh. It'll never happen though!
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 15:13   #83
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
The lot of "solo" victory fails to include allying one of the three top and picking up the rest of the top5 as support fire when hitting the main contender, to me at least. (this has nothing to do with the political descisions that were made by others, and while I expect some wiseass to go to it it's a little off topic)
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 15:33   #84
shik
Sorry, Chicken...

shik is infamous around these partsshik is infamous around these parts

moment please!
so, you are member of AllianceA and GalaxyB, and AllianceA ist attacking GalaxyB.
The ppl in GalaxyB dislike it, that Alliances which are featured in their Galaxy want to hinder them grow.
That is the problem, right?

Okay Okay, i see. I dont really wanna discuss that, i just want to point out a little Error, which is:
If youre a Member of AllianceA and GalaxyB and AllianceA attacks GalaxyB you wont get any goddamn incs which those Peeps can report cuz your own Alliance cannot attack you!
tz, idiots :P
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 16:51   #85
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPedantic
simple observation.
So, you going to go and insult me instead too now?
Are childish insults the best you can do?

Might as well close the thread if you insist on dragging it off topic, or for a mod to prune it
jerome` didn't take the thread in any direction.

I respect that phil^ believed in the post he wrote. I'm saying he's misguided in the most part. I suggest he'd probably waste a lot less of other people's time if he looked into the things he was saying himself and didn't just post what he might like to be the case because it's easy.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 16:56   #86
jerome

frankly planetarion is a BORING, TEDIOUS GAME, i wish the pa-team would stop closing down the various options alliances such as ascendancy, exilition and even 1up of last round shockingly enough, have been trying out to get past the terrible nature of the 24/7 activity crap needed, innovation is a GOOD thing and should be welcomed.

but first of all, there needs to be laid a proper set of rules that people can play on, rather than the utterly poor eula of now which is far too subjective
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 17:11   #87
JonnyBGood
Banned

I have zero tolerance for that discussion taking place again. In the meantime I am going out, if I come back and find that discussion resurrected I'm going to start banning people.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 18:07   #88
lokken
BlueTuba

having read the deleted stuff, that's from me too

Unread 6 Aug 2006, 14:04   #89
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Are you implying that eX blocked to beat 1up this round? If so with what alliance and when. Im intrigued as personally i thought this has been a 1v1 fight all round and it was 1up that approached Subh in a hope to block against eX? Or have i got totally the wrong gist of things here?

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 14:10   #90
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The modern day equivalent of Furgion would be 1up/eXi*. If you don't consider that to be a power block than you are too far lost to semantics to ever be saved. Context is King.

*Can anyone think of a good name for this because I can't? I think this may be the real reason it never happened.
#
eXup looks ok or maybe 1eX ! Dont think it'll happen anytime soon thou eh

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 20:56   #91
Steven Penning

Steven Penning has a spectacular aura aboutSteven Penning has a spectacular aura about

Let me clarify something.
Galaxy attacks are ok with members into if there is a war, retale or near the end of the game for roids.

If solo hits are done, ie, a member decideds to hit a planet in a galaxy where members are present, then they should:
a) get HQ appouval
b) get a mail to all alliance member in that GAL saying who the attacker is.

In the case I spoke of originally, it as an alliance member trying to steal ships from a gal mate. I was defending, only to be told by a GAL mate that the attacker was in my alliance. I had no mail and my allaince was not aware of this solo attack.

Image if I had send def only to have all my ships destroyed bu my own alliance.

THAT was my point!!!!

Thank you
Steven Penning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 21:35   #92
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Penning
Let me clarify something.
Galaxy attacks are ok with members into if there is a war, retale or near the end of the game for roids.

If solo hits are done, ie, a member decideds to hit a planet in a galaxy where members are present, then they should:
a) get HQ appouval
b) get a mail to all alliance member in that GAL saying who the attacker is.

In the case I spoke of originally, it as an alliance member trying to steal ships from a gal mate. I was defending, only to be told by a GAL mate that the attacker was in my alliance. I had no mail and my allaince was not aware of this solo attack.

Image if I had send def only to have all my ships destroyed bu my own alliance.

THAT was my point!!!!

Thank you
Bad tactics + bad english = teh lose
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 22:54   #93
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin
Bad tactics + bad english = teh lose
Nothing wrong with his english except a few grammatic errors. Not everyone write/speaks english every day you know. Bad english on forums are when people start using IRC language (u r 1337).
Unread 14 Aug 2006, 15:58   #94
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
It has come to my attention that there is a galaxy out there in the universe that - if it gets incomming from an alliance (single planet or full galaxy attack) - and discovers that the said alliance has a member in its galaxy puts the member of the galaxy into coventry so to speak.

it refuses to report the hostile incomming to that members defence on incomming report requirements.
This is old. 1up had a way of threatening to exile LCH members out of 1up controlled galaxies several times, when 1 or more LCH planets attacked the 1ups in that galaxy. In other words: the told the LCH memebr in that gal: we will exile you if your LCH buddies dont recall. We never gave in i think.

Oh, and to those ppl denying this: feel free to pm me and ill dig up the details and logs if you wish.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2006, 16:00   #95
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Isnt that just a little bit hypocritical of you all.
Take a hypocrite to know a hypocrite....
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2006, 16:19   #96
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Take a hypocrite to know a hypocrite....
Reeks of "I know you are but what am I" btw

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 14:21   #97
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

My missus ( nutkins for those who dont know) always had probs with exil doing the old hoodwink on the gal buddies.

She ended up with crusie (when she was exil bless her) of all ppl an when she got incs it was temper temper and then she would wreak the wrath of death upon that gal member and ban any reporting of incoming and then exile once done.

My missus being 1up at the time got hammered a few times but not exiled for some reason but getting every one to cov op crusie to death and getting ppl to attack her for fun just caused crusie to exile instead

To be honest i just find it funny when ppl moan about ppl in there galaxy especially when back in round 2 attacking ingal was common place :P

Bring back in gal attacks that will shut the mofo's up.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote