User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Jul 2007, 12:02   #1
Bowlsey
Lover of Cheesecake

Bowlsey is on a distinguished road
Next Round Buddy Packs....

So for some of us that are just going thru the motions til the end of the round and are wanting to organise the next....How many people in a buddy pack next round?
=Break=
rd41-44 TGV, rd45-46 FAnG, rd47 HaVeN rd48-49 FAnG
=Break=
Rd55+ Ultores
Bowlsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 12:31   #2
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Next Round Buddy Packs....

Tbh id be more than happy to use this 5 man gal system again. The gals this round were nice and balanced and on the whole moer enjoyable than many of the last few rounds.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 12:38   #3
Bowlsey
Lover of Cheesecake

yeah i totally agree
=Break=
=Break=
Rd55+ Ultores
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 21:55   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think it may well be 5, however much I'm of two minds over it, just because it appears to be so much more popular
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 22:14   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I think we need to remember that next round will probably hold a bit less players, and atleast taking that into consideration bp's should atleast be considered lowered to 4.
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 22:17   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Changing to 4 slightly weakens galaxies with respect to alliances. It allows slightly more galaxies with (on average) potentially slightly weaker activity, and of course you have less alliances per galaxy (assuming you take 2-3 different alliances in a 5 member pack as a minimum) so there's less of a problem with hitting galaxies that have no one in.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 07:33   #7
Walldo
Stealth & Shadows

Walldo is on a distinguished road

Why change something what is populair?

keep it 5.

Playing since RND1 and counting

Proud to have been

Newdawn

Wolfpack - WPO - OoO - Kralizec Stealth & Shadows - []LCH[] - [1up] - VisioN - TFD
Ultores - Conspiracy Theory - Concordium - WaC - Blue Tuba - Fury - Thieves & Pirates - OUZO -Vengeance - Elysium - Mistu - LOST - 4S - GoCi - FAnG - Novus Ordo Seclorum - Xanadu - BULL - VGN -xVx
Walldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 07:43   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walldo
Why change something what is populair?

keep it 5.
Because when PA is paid round less players play.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 08:14   #9
Walldo
Stealth & Shadows

So? I don't see it as a reason that bp should be lower, atleast 1 from my bp will not play then. This way you get indeed lesser players.

Proud to have been

Newdawn

Wolfpack - WPO - OoO - Kralizec Stealth & Shadows - []LCH[] - [1up] - VisioN - TFD
Ultores - Conspiracy Theory - Concordium - WaC - Blue Tuba - Fury - Thieves & Pirates - OUZO -Vengeance - Elysium - Mistu - LOST - 4S - GoCi - FAnG - Novus Ordo Seclorum - Xanadu - BULL - VGN -xVx
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 08:55   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

The issue with 5 man buddypacks is the amount of galaxies compared to the size of alliances, the bigger galaxies you get, the fewer galaxies you get thus creating the good old doublebooking problem which tends to cause about 20% of the posts on this forums about all the galaxies being hit by 2-3-4-5 alliances at the same time in galraids.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 09:04   #11
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

well, after one gal has 5 top 10 finishers all from the BP, you might want to think about going back down to what it was last round. granted, i personally like the 5 person bp system, but not when it becomes where its practically impossible to attack that galaxy and they end up SO much bigger than anyone else.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 10:00   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I assume you're talking about the current #1 galaxy zaejii. The impossible to roid one. Which lost 30% of its roids yesterday...
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 10:09   #13
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

On one hand, there's the mentioned alliances against galaxies. Basically, the larger the galaxy setup (imagine 20 man private galaxies), the weaker the alliance power over galaxies (through fences, politics, and so on). That's the other extreme, while totally random being the other extreme (with small amounts of people packed into a galaxy, there's less fences, less plausible political play, less weight as per galaxies).

I guess it's a balance over that. While I'm generally tempted to prefer the more alliance-weight aspect, I guess with the minimalistically short and relatively expensive (come on, if it's going to be 7 weeks instead of 13 weeks you should probably at least do a price cut) rounds, there's good room to experiment on different extremes (perhaps a totally random round, followed by 10-man privates round, or something like that).
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 10:17   #14
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I assume you're talking about the current #1 galaxy zaejii. The impossible to roid one. Which lost 30% of its roids yesterday...
i must've missed that, why wasn't i invited? either way, 5 are still in top 10 right now though.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 10:28   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wouldn't agree with you. I enjoy seeing tough galaxies out there. It makes bringing them down so much more worthwhile. It's part of what makes competition fun instead of just having faggots rearrange the game for you so that you barely have to get out of bed.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 13:07   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
I wouldn't agree with you. I enjoy seeing tough galaxies out there. It makes bringing them down so much more worthwhile. It's part of what makes competition fun instead of just having faggots rearrange the game for you so that you barely have to get out of bed.
Actually, we were considering having it text you in bed when you have incomings. All you have to do is text back and it rearranges all your galaxies fleets to maximize galaxy coverage

Edit: damn, now everyone knows why it's so hard to get roids off 1:1
Unread 1 Aug 2007, 08:48   #17
Walldo
Stealth & Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Actually, we were considering having it text you in bed when you have incomings. All you have to do is text back and it rearranges all your galaxies fleets to maximize galaxy coverage
better not, I do not think my GF will like this. And sleeping on the bench isn't worth it.

Atleast my bp know when they can text me

Every galaxy is easy to roid, just send in enough troops, and as JBG said, the bigger they are the harder they will fall. Super galaxy are fun stuf, finally something different then playing 100% for your ally. Now some people can play 100% for there galaxy without the need of good randoms.

Proud to have been

Newdawn

Unread 1 Aug 2007, 10:25   #18
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

5 man bps is pretty decent I think. it allows to play with a few buds, the clever players will build a huge fence around their gal (see this round) and it comes down to support alliance play when the non "napped" gals aint no targets anymore. imo very cool.. I think we are improving personally

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2007, 15:43   #19
Coltaine
7th Malazan Army

Coltaine has a spectacular aura aboutColtaine has a spectacular aura aboutColtaine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Because when PA is paid round less players play.
How good was your last prediction of player numbers?
Totally unnecessary discussion. 5, basta.
Coltaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2007, 17:07   #20
Luckyiam.PSC

Luckyiam.PSC is infamous around these parts

5 man BPs clearly are the best way to go ... even without the fence u can get a pwning gal with a little help from your friends and no need to get lucky with exiles o.O I mean, now there is a true competition for #1 gal, its not being decided by who was luckiest with randoms...
Luckyiam.PSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2007, 18:19   #21
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I've enjoyed the five man packs.

Mid round two of the guys in ours went away on holiday for a week or so and everything kept going with still three of us to keep the galaxy momentum up. All in all even though I'm not playing next round I would be in favour of five man pack if I were :-)

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2007, 23:46   #22
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Bigger the galaxy, Bigger the xp for crashing half of your fleet.

Thanks .

Also 5 man packs are most enjoyable.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 21:50   #23
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

First off i been reading a few threads here,

1 alliances should have increased limits imho. if someone recruits to 150 then simply other alliances work together and beat them. increased limits will mean less alliances having god knows how many out of tag planets. ( but that is horribly off topic)

2 kargool seems to want everything in pa to be smaller why god knows. ( again off topic, but why restrict the player base more???)

3 BPs are good as they are the fact that PA will be smaller next round is pure BS, about the same number leave as come back etc a lot of ppl i have spoken to or seen speaking this round have suggested that for a number of reasons. who is to say that 4000 people will not sign up for next round? Ok that might have been a little OTT but imho we shouldn't be limiting the game by what might happen we should go with what the majority of the playerbase want right now

just 2 cents on a number of things, sorry for the two things off topic
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 23:55   #24
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

5 man bp's are fun... personally id go for 10man but ill settle with 5

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 14:23   #25
Awake
Asleep.

Awake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura about

I played last round solo making a return from the last time I played (round 6) and really enjoyed having five friendly faces to look after me

From seeing how the game seems to operate these days I think larger buddy packs or 4-5 people are better than smaller ones of 2-3 people.

Plastic Brilliance
Awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 12:28   #26
arc

arc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove
5 man bp's are fun... personally id go for 10man but ill settle with 5

5 is fine with me as long as this noob isnt in it.
R17 #15 1:2:12 Howling Rain Zik
R20 #10 15:6:8 Destiny Zik
R21 #32 18:5:2 Conspiracy Zik
R22 #13 10:5:8 Jenova Zik
R23 #32 9:5:5 eXilition Zik
R24 #5 5:4:4 Conspiracy Xan
R26 #33 8:3:7 NoX Zik
R28 #3 2:10:8 Äscendäncy Etd
arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 01:12   #27
KoLoTH
Texan

KoLoTH will become famous soon enoughKoLoTH will become famous soon enough

5man BP is working out fantastically. No need to change

r3: Fury (Member)
r4: Fury (Member)
r5-21: University student
r22: Orbit (DC)
r23: Obrit (DC)

"LOL, @ our ugly inbred illegitimate french half-cousin Myth"...
KoLoTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 12:52   #28
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to go back to the days where galaxies were flag ships for their alliances, like m&s, black lotus, fetish. I think that is the part of the old game that i miss the most. Maybe we could try and go for semi-private gals?
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 13:49   #29
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh
Bigger the galaxy, Bigger the xp for crashing half of your fleet.

Thanks .

Also 5 man packs are most enjoyable.
I like that idea actually. Well done Benneh!
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 13:58   #30
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
I'd love to go back to the days where galaxies were flag ships for their alliances, like m&s, black lotus, fetish. I think that is the part of the old game that i miss the most. Maybe we could try and go for semi-private gals?
semi private gals? this would mean 7-10 ppl buddypacks

sounds interesting but i see a disadvantage here

in case of such big buddypacks there won't be much space left for randoms in the BP gals. So it might be possible that there are more randoms than space for them. This would lead to random only gals.

Buddypacks have to have a size which allows enought space for randoms to be mixed with the buddypacks.

Maybe someone can get the data from previous rounds about how many ppl where in buddypacks and how many went random. Then it might be possible to guess the maximum size a buddypack could possible have.

BTW i don't think that semi private gals will lead to "alliance flag ships".
Due to the currect "no wars just roidrace" scheme most alliances are following, it would be wise to get ppl from several "competetive alliances" into your buddypack so that your gal is napped with all the "competetive alliances" .

But it's interesting anyway

For the sake of the topic:

I think buddy packs should be as big as possible, but I've no idea how many buddypacks there will be and how many randoms so I've no clue what the maximum size will be.
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 16:05   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

One cannot help but wonder how HCs would have reacted back in round five when their members complained about their gal being hit in a war.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 16:06   #32
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think there's x random spots in each galaxy. Randoms gets divided evenly over the galaxies, whether there's a hundred, a thousand or a million of 'em.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 16:26   #33
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Changing to 4 slightly weakens galaxies with respect to alliances. It allows slightly more galaxies with (on average) potentially slightly weaker activity, and of course you have less alliances per galaxy (assuming you take 2-3 different alliances in a 5 member pack as a minimum) so there's less of a problem with hitting galaxies that have no one in.

I'm just curious, often PA talk is based round buddy packs, galaxies, and alliances. So, I'll ask.

This round, and the none free round before it, how many people:-

Played in Buddy packs.
How many played in alliances (and thus how many did not).
What consideration have you taken to give players not in a buddy pack, and not allied - or a mix of either, 'balance'?

(An obvious and PAwise, Politically incorrect question, seeing as some people 'believe' PA should only be a buddy pack/alliance based game, despite the contrary evidence from the game data and player base.)

If no balance exists, then something in game needs to be done, so as all players are in 'combined' something or other, maybe you have to be in an alliance in the same way you have to be in a galaxy. People can then move if its not working.

In terms of 'buddy packs', I've seen the darker side of what these do to gals, and its not always positive. Its frankly incorrect that a buddy pack politically gains control of galaxy, and is then further abused/used to benefit alliances, whom by their own nature ALREADY pose a benefit to the player.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 17:20   #34
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
I don't think there's x random spots in each galaxy. Randoms gets divided evenly over the galaxies, whether there's a hundred, a thousand or a million of 'em.
in case there are more randoms than buddypacks:

either there are x random spots and there will be some random gals
or
gals start with 12-13 members so that all randoms get in a bp gal

the first would be unfair to those randoms who get into the random gals
the second would make it very hard for players without an alliance due to the fact that these players attack alone or in small groups. the more players a gal has the easier it is to stop 1-5 lonly attackfleets

both doesn't look good to me
best would be to have a ratio between randoms and buddypacks which will guarantee that each gal has a buddypack and the starting size of a gal is something between 8 and 10 planets

and now I'm going to ask my magical crystal ball to find out what the perfect buddypack size would be to accomplish this
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 17:35   #35
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedda0815
the second would make it very hard for players without an alliance due to the fact that these players attack alone or in small groups. the more players a gal has the easier it is to stop 1-5 lonly attackfleets
All the more incentive for people to join an alliance (which, when the alliance limits are removed or upped, shouldn't be a big problem).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 17:40   #36
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
One cannot help but wonder how HCs would have reacted back in round five when their members complained about their gal being hit in a war.
kicking them and then joining on roiding them?

Last edited by Elevator; 7 Aug 2007 at 17:55.
Elevator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 17:54   #37
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedda0815
semi private gals? this would mean 7-10 ppl buddypacks

sounds interesting but i see a disadvantage here

in case of such big buddypacks there won't be much space left for randoms in the BP gals. So it might be possible that there are more randoms than space for them. This would lead to random only gals.

Buddypacks have to have a size which allows enought space for randoms to be mixed with the buddypacks.

Maybe someone can get the data from previous rounds about how many ppl where in buddypacks and how many went random. Then it might be possible to guess the maximum size a buddypack could possible have.

BTW i don't think that semi private gals will lead to "alliance flag ships".
Due to the currect "no wars just roidrace" scheme most alliances are following, it would be wise to get ppl from several "competetive alliances" into your buddypack so that your gal is napped with all the "competetive alliances" .

But it's interesting anyway

For the sake of the topic:

I think buddy packs should be as big as possible, but I've no idea how many buddypacks there will be and how many randoms so I've no clue what the maximum size will be.
I don't see the disadvantage like you said there... I do see the big plus of flagship galaxies. Flagships randoms (lower tier alliances) will do their best to take down and the bigger players will enjoy being in. Possibly even get some of old flagships back?
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 11:33   #38
Soulblighter

Soulblighter is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep it 5 and only change it if and when there is sufficient players to support any other system.
Soulblighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2007, 10:33   #39
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlsey
So for some of us that are just going thru the motions til the end of the round and are wanting to organise the next....How many people in a buddy pack next round?
man your back playing ??
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2007, 12:05   #40
Bowlsey
Lover of Cheesecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress
man your back playing ??
Hey Dude, Yeah started playing again rd21. PM
=Break=
=Break=
Rd55+ Ultores
Unread 11 Aug 2007, 12:08   #41
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

i've found a 5 man pack was most enjoyable and whilst we had a crap ranking (124th) we were always able to sort it each other out easily
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote