User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Nov 2005, 08:15   #1
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Dyslexia

Tonight I discovered I have managed to wire my speakers completely out of phase, and mixed up the left and right channels to boot. For anyone with a HiFi system, this may seem especially retarded.

I can't understand it, at the time I was especially careful not to **** the wiring up. I made sure to check and recheck it.

The speakers never sounded quite 'right', I've had them wired backwards for almost a month.

The question is, should I blame this on Dyslexia? It seems an easy way to explain a common problem I have of mixing things up for no apparent reason.

Or is it simply an everyday mistake, that anyone could make?

I put the question to the faux-expertise of GD...
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 08:18   #2
Malice
not the daddy...

Malice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dyslexia

Do the symptoms of Dyslexia extend beyond literacy? Not a flame, but an honest inquery.
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 10:40   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

There's things like dyslexia that involve you getting your movements confused. The hifis I've seen just generally involve a high/low current socket for each speaker, meaning the 2 on the left are the left hand speaker and the 2 on the right are the right hand speaker. I assume you can't mean you confused this and it was slightly more complicated?
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 11:46   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Dyslexia is used all too often nowadays to explain people being careless or thick.
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 11:47   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I always get left and right confused although I never have a problem with reading generally. A few months ago I was going to a friends house, and I wasn't 100% on the route, so I printed a map out from Google Maps, and then followed the directions very carefully. Despite this, I mistook left for right and ended up at least a mile of course before realising. I had been staring at the specific bit of the map where I was supposed to turn, but it still didn't help.

I just presumed I was a spastic personally.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 12:03   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I know people that can't tell their left from their right. Driving with them is fun. "Do I turn left or right here?"
"*places hands in front, wiggles one, looks at it closely* er.... lef.. no right righ.. no lef... WHAT IS THIS HAND?"
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 12:04   #7
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I always get left and right confused although I never have a problem with reading generally.
Almost the same as me -- i often had a problem identifying the left when i was younger (only occasionally thesedays when i'm tired).
For example, if someone asked me to wave my right hand i could do it straight away, but if they'd have said left i would have had to go through a mental check and make sure which was my right hand first.
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 12:19   #8
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Dyslexia is used all too often nowadays to explain people being careless or thick.
I can't wait until you become a teacher!
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 12:26   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

I thought he was one already?
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 12:29   #10
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Don't confuse teacher with practicing necrophile.

(Sorry).
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 12:32   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I often mix up "please hit me in the face" and "how's it going". Also when people say "can you read this map" I mistake it for "do you want to head to the pub". This has led to some interesting results.
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 12:33   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
Don't confuse teacher with practicing necrophile.
(Sorry).
That's quite hard to do.

"Ah, I see you're standing in front of a classroom of children writing on a blackboard. You must often **** dead people"
I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I often mix up "please hit me in the face" and "how's it going". Also when people say "can you read this map" I mistake it for "do you want to head to the pub". This has led to some interesting results.
I guess this means that you often spend time reading maps while confused people stand around with alcohol to tide them over until they head off to the pub. Probably lots of bruises, too!
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 12:36   #13
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

I didn't want to say paedophile it's rather insulting, so i just typed the first thing that came to mind.
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 14:04   #14
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
I can't wait until you become a teacher!
I already am!
Woe betide any dyslexic in MY class!
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 15:19   #15
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

EVAL dyslexic kids sell their souls to Santa.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 15:30   #16
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone watch that TV prog recentely about how Dyslexia doesn't really exist?
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 15:31   #17
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Dyslexia rules, KO.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 16:23   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
Did anyone watch that TV prog recentely about how Dyslexia doesn't really exist?
No but I saw the one about how the holocaust didn't happen and the other one about the aliens who are seeking global supremacy by taking over the president of chad. Apparently they've got GDP backwards.
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 16:28   #19
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It depends what you mean by dyslexia 'existing'. It would be a coincidence of truely epic proportions if the symptoms normally grouped together by the label 'dyslexia' turned out to have similar neurophysiological causes.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 16:39   #20
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

there where, in total, 3 kids with 'dyslexia' in my old class. 1 of them really was dislextic (he had trouble reading, writing, sometimes even making out directions, but if you explained things to him properly (rather then crappily and relying on the books like most teachers) he wouldn't have any problems with most things (most things being anything but maths, he just didn't get maths and I can't blame him for that).

The other 2 where just plain idiots, you could explain something to them 100 times and they still wouldn't get it. I'm guessing they just never learned to write. I'm wondering how they got onto HAVO...

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 17:16   #21
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Dyslexia is quite more common than most people actually think. Some might have a hard time due to dyslexia while others might have just a little bit of it and might not even know they have it. I think I got a "nice" form of dyslexia, but not that much it really bothers me (or others). It usually never show unless I'm really tired though. Don't even know if it's enough to be called dyslexia.
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 17:24   #22
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Dyslexia is quite more common than most people actually think. Some might have a hard time due to dyslexia while others might have just a little bit of it and might not even know they have it. I think I got a "nice" form of dyslexia, but not that much it really bothers me (or others). It usually never show unless I'm really tired though. Don't even know if it's enough to be called dyslexia.
that's called "being tired".

All these people suddenly claiming they have learning disabilities are starting to rile me. I had one before it was fashionable
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 17:34   #23
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
that's called "being tired".

All these people suddenly claiming they have learning disabilities are starting to rile me. I had one before it was fashionable
I can quite often mess up my words when speaking. I mean to say a word, but it comes out quite different than it should be said. I wouldn't say I got learning disabilities though
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 17:53   #24
Appocomaster
PA Team

I'm lazy. That's surely a disability?
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 08:53   #25
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Dyslexia rules, KO.

OK!
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 09:06   #26
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Yes, it could be seen as a sympton. The way I see it is, no-one died over it so you can just relax and don't worry about it.
Just wire it up correctly and forget about it, everyone makes mistakes.

Off track a little, I was reading a newspaper in which a mail person had stolen 5000 pieces of mail. Her solicitor said 'she has dyslexia so that explains it all'. I was as mad as hell when reading that :/
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 09:08   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Off track a little, I was reading a newspaper in which a mail person had stolen 5000 pieces of mail. Her solicitor said 'she has dyslexia so that explains it all'. I was as mad as hell when reading that :/
not half as mad as the judge that she might of said it to.

"the way to maximise your client's sentence"
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 09:24   #28
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Yep. The best part was the mothers.
"So what about a mother who finds out her child has the same learning problems as stupid children? How do you think I feel? You should cover this up!" (paraphrased)
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 09:29   #29
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

An honest mistake then. Of course I prefer this result because it is simply an admission of human frailty.

A dubious symptom of a cognitive disorder seems much less appealing.

Which leads me to wonder why parents are so enthusiastic about assigning these labels to their children. Often the link is tenuous at best. Do I feel better about such moments of stupidity if I can assign it to this or that condition? It explains nothing, it is a placebo, get over it, move on, it is normal.

They are fixed now, the sound is wonderful
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 09:32   #30
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am dyslexic.

I am still what I am

And you will fear me.

(dyslexia is not an excuse)
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 14:52   #31
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm mildy dyslexic. However, only when I try to write properly. Usually when I write (norwegian at least), I always write in "speechform", and then I don't get the words very wrong. It's when I have to make a essay for school or write a article that I mess up. (Luckily, I don't write many essays and my articles are for stupid people anyways)

I also often can't tell the difference between right and left. I have to stop and think about what hand I write with. It's sometimes a serious problem*, if I'm in charge of the way for instance. So I wire things wrong sometimes too.

However, it's not that important. Nobody gets hurt, so it's really not a big issue for me. I feel sorry for those who are totally dyslextic, they have it worse.

*Not in deadly serious, but more in "oops we are two hours late due to a wrongturn on the speedway" serious
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 14:56   #32
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Can dyslexia also be a verbal only thing? I sometimes suddenly forget certain words when speaking, or how to spell a certain word, I am not even speaking about complex or rare words.

I never have this when writing, actually I think I am a rather creative writer (in my own language).