User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:19   #1
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Hello trolls and dancing banannas....

**Please read my disclaimer at the end of the thread before proceeding with this post.

As you all know, there have been several if not dozens of accusations about trolling over the past week or two.

For most of you, posting on this forum is a leisure, stress reliever, time killer, or a good source of amusement.

For a few of you, posting on this forum is a serious matter, which must be taken seriously, and anything posted is to be taken as a representation of that person, their country, and their beliefs. These people take things seriously over the internet, and are continuously in an uproar.

I happen to fall under the category of stress relief, as this forum provides a great means for me to relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Clause 3 : Trolling Clause
Trolling for a reaction by posting obscene and/or insensitive information on these boards is not permitted. A moderator will close your thread or delete it. If you don’t like it then please refer to Clause 1. Eventually you run the risk of losing your account which will reduce your post count to 0. If you persistently troll for responses then you will be banned. Trolling is a hard area to define and does not always have to obscene or insensitive posts. More subtle trolls will manage to stay with the rules but at the same time aggravate users and cause a response. Whether or not someone is trolling or not comes down to moderator discretion and action will be taken as they see fit. Any complaints about the action taken by a mod must be taken up with an admin.
Notice that the Bolded areas contradict each other.

Note that the italicized area is a large grey area.

Suggested Amendment: Posting pro-American threads, posts, or anything of the like is considered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules: Clause 3 : Trolling Clause
Trolling for a reaction by posting…
and as such shall not be tolerated. Whether or not someone is trolling or not comes down to European Moderator Discretion and action will be taken as they see fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules: Clause 5 : Spamming
I understand that a large part of the forums is "taking the 'Mickey' out of people" but to actually attack their person is wrong. Being verbally attacked by people in groups is unfair and is not, in my opinion, at all allowable. It’s childish and immature and will be stopped. A line needs to be drawn between "taking the Mickey" and going for his/her throat. It’s putting a lot of people off posting because they don’t want to be aggressively hounded for expressing an opinion. Elitist behavior and demeaning people due to their position in society is also strictly forbidden. Failure to comply with this may lead to your account being banned if a moderator feels that this action is justified.
Notice that the Bolded areas describe several users on this forum, including myself.

Note that the italicized are is a generalization.

Suggested Amendment: Criticism, disagreement, or mockery of any kind is considered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules: Clause 5 : Spamming
“taking the 'Mickey' out of people"
and as such is unacceptable and shall not be tolerated. Once again there will be ambiguous cases which will come down to the decision of whoever is moderating at the time.

My point, ladies and gentlemen of GD, is that no matter what we say, what we do, we’re never going to agree. But I think that that is what keeps this forum alive. Argument.

fo•rum (fôr m, f r -)
n. pl. fo•rums, also fo•ra (fôr , f r )
a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

If I, or anyone else for that matter, agreed with everything everyone said, or merely refused to comment on someones post due to the fact that I was afraid it would be considered trolling or spamming, then you all would have hardly any discussion. The forums would be as follows:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I think that America is wrong in their handling of the Katrina incident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reply from Phil^
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reply from Ste
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reply from Stew
Good post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reply from JonnyBGood
Me too.
My fellow GD’ers, if this were the case we would have had a stagnant, dead, and deleted forum long ago.

I agree that senseless babble, which we have all partaken in to some extent, is not helpful to the discussion. However, I believe that when this is don’t deliberately, and in extreme excess can it be harmful to the discussion.
Humans like to argue. It’s a proven fact that by taking away what we like to do the most is the best way to take away the readers and posters.

I’m not sure if I got my message fully across, however I think I did to manage it to some extent.

-Qazok

** This disclaimer applies to any user, reader, or poster. The people used as examples in this post are not being subjected to ridicule, however they were the first to pop into my head as examples. I am in no way blah blah blah you stopped reading 3 lines ago, so it doesn’t really matter what I say here does it? Lets face it, who reads these? Honestly….
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:32   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hello trolls and dancing banannas....

oh
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:34   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can see many benefits to a forum which does nothing but agree with me.

Perhaps temples might be built, alters consecrated, goats sacrificed: all in my glory....
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:34   #4
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stop trying to think, you'll only hurt yourself or someone you love.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:36   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I wrote the last half of that trolling clause because at the time there was a big uproar about trolling and how it wasnt clearly defined. I didnt do a great job of defining it either and hadnt realised i'ld actually contradicted the first part of the clause, oh well.

As with all the rules though, it comes down to moderator discretion. Thankfully we have som pretty decent mods who generally make the rigt decisions .

Another problem is that some of the rules are written with certain boards in mind. I imagine that 'elitist behaviour' part was mainly written to counter problems on AD but could well come in to play on any board. Each board has to be modded slightly differently and once again that comes down to how mods view each circumstance.

I agree that we have to have differing opinions to allow for good discussions to take place on the board but there have to be rules and mods in place to make sure the line isnt overstepped, which does occur. Fortunately this community pretty much regulates itself with not much work needing to be done by the mods .
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:38   #6
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Hello trolls and dancing banannas....

The problem is clearly not simply a one of Americans not being welcome. Tacitus has been posting here for ages and always generally voices what could be called a 'pro-American' viewpoint without evident 'hassle' from other users or complaint.

The problem is simply one of behaviour. Some people are not behaving in a civil manner when they enter into debates. This goes for a whole range of people, but there are some notable 'ringleaders' who know who they are.

I personally will be more liable to close threads and temp-ban accounts in future if the behaviour of these people does not improve. Just so they they've had adequate warning.

If you personally have a complaint to make against another user, then PM one of the more active moderators such as I or JBG and we will take it on board, and investigate if neccesary.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:39   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Okay. Systematically yet randomly

1) Different users are moderated differently depending on their history. Most people get a lot of leniency but the better posters (in the opinion of the moderators and JJ) get even more. This is to ensure that slight lapses in judgement are not too harshly punished.

2) The contradiction in the rules is due to the fact that the bit after "count to 0." was added to the rules later to deal with a problem we had at that point. If you find a contradiction go with the bit which is towards the end of the rule, that'll be the most recent revision. I was going to help JJ rewrite the rules extensively a while ago but unfortunately summer vacation got in the way and quite frankly I don't view them as that important any more because I think nearly everyone understands the points behind them and how the lines can shift in different situations.

3) The internet does not have to be taken seriously. However as with most things in life you will get back what you put in. If you put no effort into the internet do not expect people to put effort into their responses to you.

4) Arguments are reasoned. They have premises and arguments and conclusions and use facts to back themselves up. A good argument will point out where people go wrong, not just that they went wrong. A good poster will be able to see flaws in arguments and will be willing to both address their own and help others with theirs.

5) One line responses are, in general, appalling. Absolutely appalling. Rarely have I seen a good one line response. Posts containing the words "you're wrong" and nothing else are probably one of the worst things on the internet. This kind of post has never ever ever ever ever led to a single good thing (exaggeration lol!). Large numbers of bad posts with few good posts in between them are not what is great about the internet. The internet's great because people can be amusing and witty and insightful and thought-provoking without you ever having to get out of your chair.

Remember very few of the rules are applied to first offences, it's when you consistently break one, or many, of them, and have too few redeeming good posts, that makes the forums shit. You'll get out what you put in. Welcome to the internet.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:41   #8
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
The problem is clearly not simply a one of Americans not being welcome. Tacitus has been posting here for ages and always generally voices what could be called a pro-American viewpoint without evident 'hassle' from other complaint.

The problem is simply one of behaviour. Some people are not behaving in a civil manner when they enter into debates. This goes for a whole range of people, but there are some notable 'ringleaders' who know who they are.

I personally will be more liable to close threads and temp-ban accounts in future if the behaviour of these people does not improve. Just so they they've had adequate warning.
So what you're saying then is that you're liable to ban a group of people with a 'pro-American viewpoint' because you don't like the way the come across.

Do you have a similiar group of anti-Americans that you're liable to ban, or is it just exclusively a pro-American thing?

Don't ban me. I'll be a good house-******, just tell me what I need to say and how to say it.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:43   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
So what you're saying then is that you're liable to ban a group of people with a 'pro-American viewpoint' because you don't like the way the come across.
The second paragraph is not refering to the 'pro-American' people mentioned in the first exclusively, or even generally. Sorry if that was the impression given. There are obviously plenty of people with other viewpoints who have been behaving appalingly on occasion. These people will be dealt with more stringently in future.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:44   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
The second paragraph is not refering to the 'pro-American' people mentioned in the first exclusively, or even generally. Sorry if that was the impression given. There are obviously plenty of people with other viewpoints who have been behaving appalingly on occasion.
Okay. I was worried. :0
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:47   #11
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k

Do you have a similiar group of anti-Americans that you're liable to ban, or is it just exclusively a pro-American thing?

Don't ban me. I'll be a good house-******, just tell me what I need to say and how to say it.
He quite clearly stated that he would close and temp-ban on account of behavior not nationality.
Quote:
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:47   #12
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
The problem is clearly not simply a one of Americans not being welcome. Tacitus has been posting here for ages and always generally voices what could be called a 'pro-American' viewpoint without evident 'hassle' from other users or complaint.
I'd expect Tacitus to voice a pro-Roman viewpoint.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:52   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Yeah, well, you know who I mean. I couldn't be arsed to look up the exact spelling.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:53   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Can I have your father's name and address so I can express my wish to begin courting you please.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:54   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
oh
rly?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 18:58   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

TBH , only one particular clause matters

Clause 1 : The Moderators Decision is final.

This actually forces us to make decisions. If we had to go by the clauses and addendums we would, as you say, fall over a whole series of contradictions which would basically prevent us from modding.

Hence for the most part, the forum is all about saying what you want, when you want, but not going overboard. A bit of trolling is silly and generates complaints (my inbox is full of "ban texan" report threads you twunts, leave me alone!) but for the most part it gives people someone to love/hate/stalk/fantasise about and gives the forum its own small degree of life.

If you want, we can just have 300 [Football] threads a day and discuss the days news as though we were Sun journalists (Big Tits , Bit Wet innit, Bloody Petrol Prices) etc etc and within a week we will be ...... the DF2 forums without the Patriotism.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 19:08   #17
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
for the most part it gives people someone to love/hate/stalk/fantasise
This statement sent shivers down my spine and made me look over my shoulder in the public library.
Quote:
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 19:20   #18
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
then PM one of the more active moderators such as I or JBG and we will take it on board, and investigate if neccesary.
Who appointed you and Jonny to the "all-singing, all-dancing, we're active and you're not so ner ner ne-ner neeeer" mods club?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 19:23   #19
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Who appointed you and Jonny to the "all-singing, all-dancing, we're active and you're not so ner ner ne-ner neeeer" mods club?
You did. Ofc you're forgetting things in your old age
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 19:24   #20
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
TBH , only one particular clause matters
You know, you're the kind of person who changes their avatar all the time...so there.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 20:02   #21
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You know, you're the kind of person who changes their avatar all the time...so there.
I think they tend to last 2-3 months before a particular song or movie or animation overwhelms me and im forced to change to something based around it.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 20:08   #22
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
I think they tend to last 2-3 months before a particular song or movie or animation overwhelms me and im forced to change to something based around it.
It's okay, I change my Avatar weekly. :0
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 23:59   #23
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

yes, its now a different shade of nothing
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 00:09   #24
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
yes, its now a different shade of nothing
I got some plans in the works for the BEST AVATAR EVER.

Get ready, because it's coming, oh yeah.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 10:46   #25
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

I post by my own set of rules;

CLAUSE 1 - CRASHTESTER IS ALWAYS RIGHT
Whatever is being said, no matter by who, CrashTester is always right. If you dont like it, TOUGH. He is right you are wrong.

CLAUSE 2 - YOU ARE WRONG
Whatever you say no matter who you are, you are wrong. dont ever fail to remember this.

CLAUSE 4 - TALK TO THE HAND
If you dont like the fact that CrashTester is always right and you are always wrong, talk to the hand 'cos no-one is listening. Switch your computer off, unplug it and sell it on ebay - get off the internet.

CLAUSE 5 - MADI ISNT CUTE
I dont need to define this at all, just remember clauses 1, 2 and 4.

Last edited by CrashTester; 15 Sep 2005 at 14:10.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 10:54   #26
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
I

CLAUSE 3 - TALK TO THE HAND

CLAUSE 3 - MADI ISNT CUTE
I dont need to define this at all, just remember clauses 1, 2 and 3.
I know you are never wrong oh great one and that i am obviously wrong in posting this but i would like to suggest that maybe you consider your ingenous decision to have two clause 3s and maybe change the latter to clause 4. I understand your reasoning behind calling them the same thing, and agree with it completely but it may confuse the lesser members of our community.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 10:55   #27
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
CLAUSE 2 - YOU ARE WRONG
Whatever you say no matter who you are, you are wrong. dont ever fail to remember this.
If i say "Crashtester is right all the time!" i'm wrong, but i can't be, because:

Quote:
Whatever is being said, no matter by who, CrashTester is always right. If you dont like it, TOUGH. He is right you are wrong.
Which leads us back to Clause 2 creating a vicious circle/paradox and confusing me. :(

You need an "agreeing with Crashtester" disclaimer.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 12:39   #28
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:

CLAUSE 2 - YOU ARE WRONG

CLAUSE 3 - TALK TO THE HAND
If you dont like the fact that CrashTester is always right and you are always wrong, talk to the hand 'cos no-one is listening. Switch your computer off, unplug it and sell it on ebay - get off the internet.

CLAUSE 3 - MADI ISNT CUTE
I dont need to define this at all, just remember clauses 1, 2 and 3.
We operate a slightly different set of rules.

CLAUSE CT1 - If Crashtester posts and it isnt a troll or excessively shit, hes drunk and people in his flat have seized his account.

CLAUSE CT2 - If Crashtester states anything at all on this forum, taking a completely opposite stance to it will undoubtedly generate masses of Pos Rep.

CLAUSE CT3 - Crashtester has never seen a women that wasnt in Loaded or FHM or his mum, so his opinions on the opposite sex are to be taken as being from a naive/uneducated point of view on this subject.

Please note these are not official mod rules, simply unofficial addendums to the existing ones.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 12:41   #29
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
We operate a slightly different set of rules.

CLAUSE CT1 - If Crashtester posts and it isnt a troll or excessively shit, hes drunk and people in his flat have seized his account.

CLAUSE CT2 - If Crashtester states anything at all on this forum, taking a completely opposite stance to it will undoubtedly generate masses of Pos Rep.

CLAUSE CT3 - Crashtester has never seen a women that wasnt in Loaded or FHM or his mum, so his opinions on the opposite sex are to be taken as being from a naive/uneducated point of view on this subject.

Please note these are not official mod rules, simply unofficial addendums to the existing ones.
pos rep for you!

no... wait....

i feel used
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 14:05   #30
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
If i say "Crashtester is right all the time!" i'm wrong, but i can't be, because:

Which leads us back to Clause 2 creating a vicious circle/paradox and confusing me.

Clause 3 has this covered dude. Switch off and get off now!
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 14:13   #31
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I know you are never wrong oh great one and that i am obviously wrong in posting this but i would like to suggest that maybe you consider your ingenous decision to have two clause 3s and maybe change the latter to clause 4. I understand your reasoning behind calling them the same thing, and agree with it completely but it may confuse the lesser members of our community.

I do indeed involke Clause 1 and 2 in this instance and have decided to remove Clause 3 altogether. Anyone who doesnt like it can read and reread clause 4.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 14:14   #32
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
fortunately this has never happened in practice
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 14:33   #33
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone read I,Robot?
________
ZR1000A

Last edited by Arachnidman; 25 Jan 2011 at 13:52.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 14:41   #34
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I saw the movie.

It was shit.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 14:41   #35
Mooseh
ROFFLE

Mooseh can only hope to improve

How things have changed, as far as I read it the rules are there to prevent the people of the lowest intellect being abused by those with more wits than them. The fact it's like shooting fish in a barrel will bore even the most trollish of people eventually, even Yahwe.

There's no need to Moderate things that will moderate themselves. Unless you're George Bush.
Mooseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 14:48   #36
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I saw the movie.

It was shit.
The movie is actually nothing like the book by Isaac Asimov. I just mentioned it because this thread reminds me of Asimovs laws which are no doubt legally broken each time - similar to the clauses in the forum rules.
________
Suzuki DR-Z400S

Last edited by Arachnidman; 25 Jan 2011 at 13:52.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 15:08   #37
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

CLAUSE 2 - YOU ARE WRONG

CLAUSE 4 - TALK TO THE HAND

CLAUSE 5 - MADI ISNT CUTE
I dont need to define this at all, just remember clauses 1, 2 and 4.

i reckon you fancy the pants off me.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 15:11   #38
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Based on your new avatar his Clause 5 is correct though. I guess it's just an unfortune picture as I recall you being averagely cute.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 15:23   #39
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think she looks cute in that pic...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 15:30   #40
Mooseh
ROFFLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I think she looks cute in that pic...
Tad too Gollum like for me. Guess if that's what floats your preciousssss.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 15:48   #41
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i'd shag it
which explains why...
Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i've never been in a relationship
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 16:10   #42
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1-X WINS!

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 16:11   #43
Arachnidman
You love me really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseh
Tad too Gollum like for me. Guess if that's what floats your preciousssss.
"Bag 'n' Shag"
________
Kawasaki ZR750H

Last edited by Arachnidman; 25 Jan 2011 at 13:53.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 16:16   #44
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 1-X again.

Unread 15 Sep 2005, 20:22   #45
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i neg rep people when i think they are being crap
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 09:54   #46
Mooseh
ROFFLE

Madi vs Gollum

I was being accurate, not crap.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 12:51   #47
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
God.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 13:03   #48
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Question Re: Hello trolls and dancing banannas....

Quote:
God.
which one(s) ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 13:06   #49
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

This whole thread is just pointless.
I'm not even reading it. Bugger off.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 13:31   #50
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
I noticed, dear....
That doesn't look like Madi's traditional style of typing.

In fact, that could have been me, although I don't really remember.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote